The Dark Tower - Mission failure

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

SDK

Re: The Dark Tower - Day 3 - Misunderstood

Postby SDK » Mon May 08, 2017 6:23 pm UTC

Scum can't be that brash. Is that why you're waiting? If we're at 3-3-1 right now, lynching me brings us to 2-3-1. If the SK hits mafia and mafia fails to kill the SK, we're at 2-2-1 come Day 4. This could either be evidence that YOLOSWAG is the SK (and mafia are afraid of his untargetability), or that LaserGuy is town (and mafia are afraid of his Roleblock). In any case, mafia clearly aren't ready to show themselves yet. If YOLOSWAG is the SK, mafia are probably wondering how they can win.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: The Dark Tower - Day 1 - Mistrust

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
FrozenFlame wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:This is interesting, I'm fairly baffled by dimochka's town meta read of boomfrog. I think mafia killed plytho as he was a universal town read who was active in thread and an SK likely killed bessie. I can't see why a vig would off either one of them. I'll be having to look back at the thread sometime soon, to go through people's read lists and interactions.

I think it's the opposite actually. Bessie I felt had much more consensus around her being town than plytho. Agreed that it would have been stupid for a vig to kill either of them, lending credence to the argument that we're dealing with an SK. But if anything I think scum killed bessie for being a general town read, and SK likely killed Plytho for being a tougher kill to trace leads from thanks to Plytho having less content and being more of a neutral read in this group.

Here, Bessie definitely did not have much more consensus around her being town; SDK had bessie as neutral. I don't think there was one person who was not reading plytho. Bessie was likely killed due to a large majority of her game being centered around talking about the SK. I have no clue why Frozen thought what he said at all.
FrozenFlame wrote:These two pieces of information (bolded and underlined) together prove that mpolo was killed by someone other than Zyth, and that it couldn't have been the result of him using his GA ability correctly and dying as a result. Therefore, Zyth was NOT the target of a kill last night, unless mpolo lied about using his one shot protect on N1, which he didn't really have reason to. With his GA ability blown N1, mpolo couldn't have died as a result of a correct GA protect N2. According to modpost, mpolo was immune to any action Charlie takes, thus Zyth's alleged attempted vigging of mpolo would have been ineffective. Therefore, mpolo MUST have been killed by the SK or mafia last night. Probably the SK to prevent the potential co-winner indy from kingmakering the scum into a shared victory (since that would be easier than kingmakering a shared SK-GA victory).

And here, why would Frozen think that mpolo was killed by the SK? The SK would likely be hunting down mafia in a 4-3-1-1 scenario; mpolo as a claimed indy is an easy slot to point towards as the SK which becomes more and more helpful for the SK the longer mpolo lives. I find it baffling that Frozen would think the SK killed mpolo.
I don't think ANYONE thought bessie was scum, and no one even questioned her outside of jimbob, though I get what you're saying. It just doesn't seem like a strong point to me though, I definitely thought mafia may have offed bessie.

I don't see why it's scummy to consider mpolo was killed by SK? Mafia needs to kill townies, going out of their way to off an indy when you have townies running around isn't a great play.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I don't see why it's scummy to consider mpolo was killed by SK? Mafia needs to kill townies, going out of their way to off an indy when you have townies running around isn't a great play.

Mafia would have wanted to kill the SK, as that is where their biggest risk lies; the SK NK-ing them. I'm pretty confident that mpolo was killed as mafia thought HE was the SK. There was definitely quite a bit of suspicion on mpolo being the SK even after his claim.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Scum can't be that brash. Is that why you're waiting? If we're at 3-3-1 right now, lynching me brings us to 2-3-1. If the SK hits mafia and mafia fails to kill the SK, we're at 2-2-1 come Day 4. This could either be evidence that YOLOSWAG is the SK (and mafia are afraid of his untargetability), or that LaserGuy is town (and mafia are afraid of his Roleblock). In any case, mafia clearly aren't ready to show themselves yet. If YOLOSWAG is the SK, mafia are probably wondering how they can win.

Nah, I just want to sleep on this, I'll likely drop a vote when I wake up. There's no hurry anyways; deadline isn't for another whole day. Also, I want to let GoP know what his best choice of move tomorrow is in the case that I get NK-ed tonight under the suspicion that I'm the SK.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Yes, I am a neighbourizer. I just hadn't played with the role, so I morphed it into mason in my head. I can use it every night. I targeted laserguy last night, but I was blocked from doing so. Flavour seemed to suggest roleblocking, so I kinda believe laserguy.

Where was this when you originally claimed? Why would you not disclose this? Being able to confirm yourself as town to more than one person is a HUGE boost to your claim's power, and the fact that you have reason to believe that LaserGuy actually RB'd you last night is really useful information. Why was there no full disclosure here?
This. I should have picked up on this before. Whilst I can understand that GoP might have been cagey not explaining this D2, I can't see a reason why he didn't explain this in his "full" claim D3, especially given LaserGuy had claimed already. This just feels completely off, and makes me feel like a Zyth/GoP scum team is definitely possible, feasibly with Yoloswag as a third member.

@Yoloswag - you voted and then unvoted Zyth with no real explanation. What's the reasoning behind that?
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@Yolo and jimbob
You need to realise that if you're the SK or town, you should follow me or at least GoP, who is confirmed town. If I'm scum with GoP, who would be our last scum mate? It wouldn't make sense for me to link up with GoP as scum buddies, where a flip on anyone of us would condemn the other, ESPECIALLY so when there's an SK in the game.
I really don't see why I should follow GoP or you. The two of you could easily be a scum team, and even if GoP is town, his reads could be wrong. As noted above, Yoloswag would be a likely scum-buddy. I don't feel like you and FrozenFlame are scum-buddies, based on Frozen's recent content in particular. I'm reading SDK as town currently, and have up to now had pretty townie reads on LaserGuy (although his most recent content means I'm definitely going to re-read him after this post), which probably means that one of {FrozenFlame, LaserGuy and SDK} are the SK, with the other two town. On your last point, you flipping as scum, Zyth, doesn't out GoP as scum in and of itself, although if you are scum, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see GoP as your team-mate, because I had GoP as scum before your claim yesterday, and he's not been particularly helpful D3 either.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:
FrozenFlame wrote:Zyth, GoP isn't actually confirmed town to anyone but you. GoP's townness is entirely reliant on the assumption that you're telling the truth. You two could just as easily be aligned and made up the neighborizer claim in preparation for claiming later because you two have shitty fakeclaims or something. Sure, it's an all in because if one of you flips scum the other is obviously aligned, but you're in the perfect position to do an all in right now if we're 3-3-1 so that argument of "its too risky" falls flat when that risk, if successful, can win the game right here.

I know that perfectly well. It is an all in that isn't worth it any way or form. This was claimed yesterDay. Assuming we're scum, the risk of an SK hitting anyone of us would make it not worth it, considering it would lose us the game instantly. So no, we were not in a perfect position to do an all in.
The bolded bit makes no sense to me. Yes, the SK might hit one of the two of you, but a) as stated above, Zyth flipping scum does not confirm scum!GoP, and b) assuming a three-man scum team, two dying does not instantly lose scum the game. Please explain this comment, Zyth.

SDK wrote:The quotation marks within my quote there were Gopher's words, not yours. As I recall, I read through that section of the game, found nothing in particular to get worked up about over you, then hit that Gopher line that had me all pissed off again. Not at all clear from my writing though, I'll give you that.
Thanks for this explanation.

In the same post as the quote above comes from, SDK is prodding GoP for things I already asked about, and GoP hasn't posted since. Is this because you didn't see my questions to him, SDK?

I don't get why the whole who killed who conversation has just cropped up? This seems like a very odd thing to be talking about at this stage of the game, since I think there are reasons for both SK and Mafia to kill mpolo, and that's before going into mpolo potentially having lied about previously using his bodyguard.

Just for the sake of clarity, Sabrar, would you mind posting the deadline with an exact UTC time, please? I've been known to get myself confused before!

I'm going to re-read LaserGuy now. I don't have time to and don't see any point in re-reading GoP any more, as I expect I'll just end up tunnelling on him more than I already have.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:In the same post as the quote above comes from, SDK is prodding GoP for things I already asked about, and GoP hasn't posted since. Is this because you didn't see my questions to him, SDK?

I saw your question, forgot about it, went through the thread and asked myself, then saw it again but left my question anyway because I prefer to see my own train of thoughts.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Just for the sake of clarity, Sabrar, would you mind posting the deadline with an exact UTC time, please? I've been known to get myself confused before!

9 am UTC. I had to check earlier as well.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 08, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

Deadline is 9 am UTC on 09/05/2017, in 12 hours and 35 minutes from the time of this post. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
SDK - 2 (Gopher of Pern, LaserGuy)

Not voting: everyone else

4 to hammer, tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 pm UTC

Reread of LaserGuy:
Spoiler:
Day 1 - Sees wagon as "joke" on him. Asks the three people after me for their reasons, and IGMEOYs me, rather than asking why I didn't unvote. Flavour knowledge. IGMEOYs dimochka for WIFOM. Interaction with me re. the wagon and my ongoing vote. IGMEOYs SDK for refusing to answer questions. Challenges dimochka re. "joke" vote on me. Very early reads list (less than 48 hours into D1). Agrees with me that SDK wasn't acting townie with his responses. Feels like I was being needlessly defensive of the wagon. dimochka is unduly interested in neutrals, and not really in finding scum. Picks up on the strange PGO by dimochka comment. Picks up on dimochka making statements then retracting them. dimochka's reads felt random. Votes dimochka. Clarifies his reads on me and SDK. Passive aggressive towards SDK. Has SDK as townie, despite him "being a jerk". More reads. bessie is neutral (tunnelling on me), BoomFrog scummy (none of his own opinions), Yolo is very townie (pointing out where people aren't being helpful to town). Sacrificing a townie in favour of killing one scum seems a good trade. Plytho likely town (very consistent with previous game as town). Nothing to say about mpolo, GoP, FF, or Zyth. Points out BoomFrog being incorrect about being first on dimochka, and doesn't like his defence. Reads on remaining players: mpolo leaning town (reads have been very good), Zyth leaning town (good reads on dimochka and BoomFrog), Gopher slightly scummy (chosen reads seem off). Frozen slightly scummy (wrong content to focus on), Carlington neutral (nothing pings). Happy to lynch either dimochka or BoomFrog. Confused by BoomFrog reading Carlington as newbie town. Brief comments and responses to me, SDK, FF, BoomFrog (the latter answering a question that wasn't directed at him).

Day 2 - Assumes 1 SK kill, 1 Mafia (vig had no reason to kill bessie or plytho). Carlington mixing up player names is a bad slip. No reason why GoP would have vigged either. Night action claim from Carlington is odd (see others comments). Reread dimochka, didn't understand play. Detailed updated reads: BoomFrog leaning scum (weird errors), not Carlington scum-buddy; Carlington leaning scum (name error points away from SK, but could be possible from scum chat); not likely scum-buddies with GoP or BoomFrog, but could be with SDK (both pointing at GoP); FrozenFlame neutral (looks townie at first blush, but experienced, pending interactions); GoP leaning scum (strange responses and read of mpolo), likely scum buddy with mpolo, possible SK; Yoloswag likely town (no explanation, just questions); Zyth leaning town/possible SK (keeping low profile, but poking around); me leaning scum (early off-balance), Zyth as possible scum-mate; mpolo neutral/possible SK (scum co-ordinating slip genuine, low content, poor logic); SDK leaning town (focused, good reads list), if scum, so is Carlington. BoomFrog looking townier. Surprised on GoP's confidence in his reads. Carlington or my lynch ok. Thinks mpolo is either town or SK. Not happy with his scum reads. Follows up on a couple of questions. Doesn't like the implications of mpolo's claim. Thinks mpolo should claim more information (character name). Considers reasoning for not having revealed his target. Doesn't like mpolo wagon, and votes Carlington. Finds Carlington's claim frustrating. Prods Carlington with a question, and responds to general question about SK protection level. Expects scum to have safe characters to claim, but not sure about safe abilities.

Day 3 - Vexed by hammer. Mass claim is fine, and Gopher should pick first. Claims Father Callahan, town roleblocker. Blocked BoomFrog N1, GoP N2. Promises to prove Yoloswag is scum. Produces big case for HBCs and me to be on the same team, but possibly only me and Yoloswag, with Zyth SK. Explains thoughts on two-person scum team and reasoning behind his targets. Argues with Zyth over lack of research and target choice. Votes SDK due to lack of other movement, so thinks he is scum.
On reread, this comment from D1 pinged me slightly:
LaserGuy wrote:Likewise on the dimochka/jimbob thing, he's not positive which is scum, so he's prepared to sacrifice one townie for a likely kill one scum, which seems a good trade if he's confident in those reads
Given that this is talking about two townies from my perspective, I'm wondering whether this was coming from a scum members point of view? I also found LaserGuy's read of mpolo pretty bad in retrospect, given how weak mpolo's reads were if looked at a bit more carefully (no real scum reads for example), although it does swing away from him early on D2. Going through his early D2 reads post made me start to wonder if he could be teaming up with Yoloswag and/or Zyth. He doesn't explain his read on Yoloswag, and his read on Zyth is also fairly low in clear reasoning. Aside from SDK, they are his only town reads in the pile. However, his massive case on D3 painting me as team-mates with Yoloswag and Zyth feels like an awful lot of effort for scum!LaserGuy to go to to bus two of his team-mates. Then there's his second vote on SDK. I don't think his logic here is correct, for the same reasons as SDK stated earlier (scum are scared of the SK, for example). Just because SDK wasn't hammered doesn't mean he's scum, even with LaserGuy's second vote. Also, this is the only time he's found SDK scummy all game. It feels a bit weird all-in-all.

In summary, following a re-read, LaserGuy has now ended up in my scummier pile, in contrast to what I thought earlier. Although his reads lists have been good, in terms of style (and that's where most of my townie feel on players usually comes from), there have been some weird and unjustified reads in them. The only reason that I'm not confident is that his big case on me/Zyth/Yoloswag doesn't feel like it would come from somebody trying to bus his scum-buddies, so he doesn't fit in a team with my top-two scum candidates, despite his weak reads on them in D2, and I can't see him being scum-buddies with anybody, apart from possibly SDK: I wouldn't be entirely surprised if LaserGuy's vote on SDK is a bus, but that would mean my reads on SDK, Yoloswag, and Zyth are all wrong, not to mention my earlier town reads of LaserGuy.

That makes my likeliest scum team as the HBCs and GoP. I have SDK and FrozenFlame as townier now than LaserGuy, so that suggests LaserGuy as the SK. Does SK!roleblocker make sense? Yes, probably, because it helps reduce the risk of being killed/investigated.

Vote Yoloswag

I should get a chance to check-in again before deadline, if the hammer hasn't fallen by then, and will happily switch my vote to Zyth, if that seals a lynch.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 pm UTC

Jimbob, if the team is me/Zyth/GoP, Zyth and I would have hammered SDK when we were online earlier.

I was thinking about voting you anyway so let's see what happens. It's time to YOLO it.

Vote jimbob

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 08, 2017 10:29 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Jimbob, if the team is me/Zyth/GoP, Zyth and I would have hammered SDK when we were online earlier.

I was thinking about voting you anyway so let's see what happens. It's time to YOLO it.

Vote jimbob
Did you miss the bit about scum not being guaranteed a win with a quick hammer that SDK mentioned, or are you just hoping everybody else missed it and are going to continue to push your theory? You also didn't answer my question in the previous post to my LaserGuy read.

Going to bed now, for certain this time.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 pm UTC

Okay, going to try to finish this up quickly now. where was I? Continuing my jimbob readthrough...

I said before that this sounded like frustrated scum? Fits nicely if Gopher (his scummiest read at the time) is in fact his buddy. He's coming up short on fabricating cases, and looking for somewhere to move. He does move, to mpolo then Gopher, where he's third on the wagon with what could be a bus. The main thing that stays constant Day 2 is his repetition that Carlington is town, followed by this Day 3:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Wow my reads have been bad this game. At least I was right about Carlington.
Pretty standard mafia "regret, but I'm town" post.

Day 3 jimbob does quite a bit of work, but I'm not convinced that he's actually trying to puzzle something out here. His read on me, for example, feels pretty unnatural.

So, overall, jimbob is almost certainly scum. Mafia specifically.

Onto that, lets find his team. FrozenFlame

Frozen says a lot when he does post, and most of it is meaningful. Though he didn't post often in Day 1, his voting patterns look like a townie trying to suss out scum more than scum trying to manipulate anyone. He's got the game in mind, and keeps players in bundles. I buy his reasoning for splitting his list early on, and I think that's just an indication of his experience level - his gut leads his reads and vice-versa. Overall, not enough content to judge, but he's leaning town.

Day 2, votes mpolo for good enough reasons - it seems like he's trying to get something going more than being opportunistic. Likewise for Carlington - he wanted to see a claim and even discussed switching to GoP when he made the vote. His reads on others (BoomFrog, for example) seem to change for legitimate reasons, not for strategic value. So far so good.

But towards the end of Day 2, we hit some concerning stuff. Frozen's doing his own work up to that point, but then starts sheeping me re: Carlington a bit too strongly, especially considering he'd been talking about me as scum "nagging" at him for a while. He never moves over to GoP, and overreacts both to Zyth revealing that Gopher is town, and to jimbob having guessed Carlington's universal backup breadcrumb. It's typical for townies to show more emotion than scum, but this feels over the top and therefore faked. He also thought he'd asked a question previously that never actually happened - in my experience scum makes that mistake much more often than town since they have additional chats to keep track of.
FrozenFlame wrote:If the general consensus is that this crazy last minute HBC read callout & claim is setting off alarm bells for others, I'm open to being persuaded to calling bullshit and stabbing at a GoP/Yolo/Zyth scum team. But my gut is telling me that this is wayyyyyy too much of a gambit to take knowing that an SK is out there that could completely fuck their quick endgame prospects and the whole scheme could unravel upon a carlington town flip and a lucky SK kill revealing one of those three to be scum overnight.

Keeping my vote on Carlington for now but Ill be watching the thread through the night to see what everyone's feeling.
Re: Zyth + Gopher again, this in particular was very concerning. He's been debating voting GoP for a while, but never does, then (in this quote) describes how his feeling on this one must be wrong - but that he's totally willing to vote these guys anyway if consensus is there. He's essentially saying that he's willing to vote for someone that he's reading as town, but only if there's a bandwagon. That's weird coming from anyone, but especially coming from an experienced player - I would have expected him to take the lead more often in that case. He spent the latter part of Day 2 following or explicitly stating that he wanted to follow. Not a fan.

There at the end of Day 2, Frozen comes down on YOLOSWAG out of the bunch there. Zyth is largely ignored. That changes pretty quickly come Day 3 though. If anything, Zyth and Gopher would have to be Frozen's scumbuddies, I think. Frozen seems to flop around a lot though, though he is consistently on YOLOSWAG, something I agree with in general.

FrozenFlame, do you actually have a scum team in mind at this point? I'm seeing lots of half-conclusions from you Day 3, but nothing concrete. You said you wanted to lynch YOLOSWAG, but earlier were concerned he was the SK specifically. What changed there?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 pm UTC

SDK, just so I'm understanding, you're leaning towards jimbob/GoP/??? at the moment, yes? You think GoP is the likeliest scumbuddy and you're currently trying to resolve the third?

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 08, 2017 11:17 pm UTC

PEDIT: This should answer your question, YOLOSWAG.

Soooo much about Gopher's posts scream scum to me. Hopping on YOLOSWAG instead of dimochka when his wagon was already underway (dimochka was a stronger scum read, but Gopher opted to ignore him). Accusing a middling read (BoomFrog) of buddying (with me). Later on in Day 2, there was also all that about being lazy and scummy, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

Also in Day 2, we had that mess with Carlington accidentally saying something incorrect about Gopher. Gopher refused to let up off of that despite voting YOLOSWAG. He never really pressured YOLOSWAG, and had some inconsistencies in his reads there too (YOLO and Carlington switched back and forth on who Gopher thought was scummier). Eventually Gopher did vote Carlington which wouldn't be surprising since he was a strong scum read, except apparently Gopher voted for him "Just to keep me further from the lynch". In that same post, Gopher makes a dig at me and jimbob for not wanting to lynch Carlington.

But of course, I'm immediately to blame as soon as Day 3 starts up. Whoa, YOLOSWAG is 100% cleared all of a sudden. Gopher, you were on YOLOSWAG throughout almost the entire game. What changed come Day 3?

Gopher of Pern wrote:Frankly, I think YOLO is right. I think that it's probably both jimbob and SDK who are scum.
does not lead to
Gopher of Pern wrote:Before the claims, I was convinced of a SDK, jimbob, YOLO scum team, with Zyth as SK.

Afterwards...

With scum able to coordinate their claims, so that each of them can sort of confirm each other, I'm looking at SDK, Frozenflame and YOLO as scum buddies. One (or more) are lying about YOLO's untargetableness (Yes, that's a word), maybe it was just one shot, or maybe he's just the killer.

very easily. That's a big leap, and I don't buy it.

Hardly a game goes by that I don't feel like I'm bragging, but I am pretty good at this game. If behavioral reads are worth anything at all, Gopher is scum. He just can't not be.

Zyth
I've gone through this before and said Zyth feels townie. He does. I get town vibes from his posts, though nothing to clear him 100%. He's been much more active Day 3, which is good, but there are a few things wrong there. He claims middle of the pack and names mpolo as his target. He's said himself that mpolo must have been the mafia kill - I believe him. I suspect he executed it and wanted to make sure he wouldn't be caught in a lie by a tracker or a watcher. He's been prodding people here and there, but being cagey about his own reads. The fact that he wants to follow Gopher on his terrible case stinks. I mean, sure, from Zyth's claimed perspective he would know Gopher is town, but that doesn't mean anything at all. Any theoretical mafia team including SDK and YOLOSWAG is garbage, and Zyth should know it.

Zyth and Frozen likely are not scum buddies based on interactions Day 3. I think that clears Frozen? Should do. Have to think about that one.

All in all, I'm basically 100% sure that Gopher is scum. He has to be. Gopher/Zyth/jimbob scumteam seems most likely, but I think Gopher/Zyth/YOLOSWAG could make sense too. Or I could be totally wrong about LaserGuy and he can be the third. FrozenFlame... awaiting data. No comment on SK at the moment either. I'll get to that prior to deadline though.

Vote Gopher of Pern

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 08, 2017 11:44 pm UTC

Unvote

Putting this in while I reread the thread. Was posting at 5:00am and wasn't sure I'd get back before the end of the day, so I wanted to leave a vote and the only one I was comfortable with was "don't vote against town and let scum control the lynch."

I will try to review the thread and post again later. I may revote SDK anyway but I have a little more time to think now.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 am UTC

Yes, I made a mistake. We need to lynch scum today, not SK.

SDK, yes you are good at this game. Which is why mistakes like not using both your night actions, and hammering early, are HUGE scumtells. Frankly, you deserve to lose because of them.

When did I clear YOLO? I think he's buddies with you. I just think town has a better chance to win if you get lynched, as opposed to YOLO.

That said:

Unvote
Vote: YOLO

I'd much rather SDK be lynched, but YOLO is almost as dangerous.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 09, 2017 12:08 am UTC

jimbob, why would I, as scum, later clarify my ability? Wouldn't I just let it sit?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 am UTC

I want everyone to note that jimbob and GoP, two of the grossest slots in the game, are voting me. Smh.

I still think jimbob is our best bet, though GoP can go too. The third is a tossup, idk who it is yet.

Move those votes guys, we only have a little bit of time left. Let's off one of those two and call it a day, I will be online shortly before deadline tomorrow.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 09, 2017 12:24 am UTC

Note to town: You should not listen to anyone else. There are three scum still around, plus an SK, so the majority of the opinions are going to be against town.

I'm actually going to reverse my vote.

Unvote
Vote: SDK

If I'm wrong about the SDK/YOLO/Frozen scum team, my next most likely is SDK/jimbob/frozen, with YOLO as the SK. Lynching the SK now would be almost certain doom for town.

But if it comes down to it, I will vote YOLO. I will be on and off throughout the day.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 09, 2017 2:40 am UTC

Based on the behaviour of today I think we likely have only two scum, since five different people have had at least one vote on them today. Presumably, scum could have hit someone if they had wanted to if there were three. It could be that scum is only hunting the SK I suppose, since that assures the win for a three man team and is pretty good result for two.

I feel like zyth is still most likely the SK at this point. There's the lack of night actions for one. The thing with mpolo me two. If he's scum, the only possible partner is gop simply because I refuse to believe that in any substantially larger group nobody would have noticed how absurd Zyth' s claimed action is. I know on some forums indies are treated much more harshly than here, but if you have special privileged information about that indy' s alignment or wincon, you should know better. His general behaviour over the game feels about on point for that.

Given that, I think my best read right now is YOLO as scum. His behaviour today has been pretty scummy and his claimed powers are questionable. There's also things like this:
YOLO wrote:That said, I'd be looking between LaserGuy/jimbob if I were in your shoes and Town with a confirmation of GoP as innocent.

That sound suspiciously like scumslips.

I'd put the likely scumteams as YOLO/Jim or GoP/Zyth, SDK/Frozen in rough order of likelihood. If nothing better comes up I feel like I probably will vote YOLO or jimbob tonight and will roleblock the other.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 4:10 am UTC

SDK wrote:Zyth and Frozen likely are not scum buddies based on interactions Day 3. I think that clears Frozen? Should do. Have to think about that one.

All in all, I'm basically 100% sure that Gopher is scum. He has to be. Gopher/Zyth/jimbob scumteam seems most likely, but I think Gopher/Zyth/YOLOSWAG could make sense too. Or I could be totally wrong about LaserGuy and he can be the third. FrozenFlame... awaiting data. No comment on SK at the moment either. I'll get to that prior to deadline though.

Vote Gopher of Pern

So, I'm basically confirmed scum to you, yes? Why are you voting for GoP if you think both him and I are scum? That's pretty convenient, isn't it? Upon getting a GoP town flip you can simply turn around and say "Well, scum Zyth can always be telling the truth about GoP being confirmed town and I think Zyth is still scummy so let's lynch Zyth!"

Pretty sure SDK is scum.
vote: SDK

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I feel like zyth is still most likely the SK at this point. There's the lack of night actions for one. The thing with mpolo me two. If he's scum, the only possible partner is gop simply because I refuse to believe that in any substantially larger group nobody would have noticed how absurd Zyth' s claimed action is. I know on some forums indies are treated much more harshly than here, but if you have special privileged information about that indy' s alignment or wincon, you should know better. His general behaviour over the game feels about on point for that.

Given that, I think my best read right now is YOLO as scum. His behaviour today has been pretty scummy and his claimed powers are questionable. There's also things like this:
YOLO wrote:That said, I'd be looking between LaserGuy/jimbob if I were in your shoes and Town with a confirmation of GoP as innocent.

That sound suspiciously like scumslips.

I'd put the likely scumteams as YOLO/Jim or GoP/Zyth, SDK/Frozen in rough order of likelihood. If nothing better comes up I feel like I probably will vote YOLO or jimbob tonight and will roleblock the other.

My claim and action isn't as absurd, if you actually thought about the setup and the situation we were in. Where do I have special privileged information about mpolo? I don't have his role pm. Neither did he claim that the one he was protecting was Charlie McGee. There was literally no reason for me to believe his claim; there was NOTHING to back it up. And, if you think I'm the SK, you're definitely most welcome to role block me, in fact, that might even be the best choice in the long run as you can confirm I'm not the SK.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 am UTC

SDK wrote: He claims middle of the pack and names mpolo as his target. He's said himself that mpolo must have been the mafia kill - I believe him. I suspect he executed it and wanted to make sure he wouldn't be caught in a lie by a tracker or a watcher.

If I was mafia and executed the kill on mpolo, why is he dead toDay? He is not affected by any action of mine. Or are you implying that I'm not Charlie McGee? Then who is? Or is there no Charlie McGee in this game?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 09, 2017 4:50 am UTC

Vote YOLO

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 09, 2017 5:04 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Deadline is 9 am UTC on 09/05/2017, in 12 hours and 35 minutes from the time of this post. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
SDK - 2 (Gopher of Pern, LaserGuy)

Not voting: everyone else

Unofficial Votes:

SDK - 2 (Gopher of Pern, Zyth)
YOLO - 2 (Jimbob, Laserguy)
Jimbob -1 (YOLO)
Gopher - 1 (SDK)

Just under 4 hours to vote.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 09, 2017 5:17 am UTC

LaserGuy, answer my questions.

Yes, I would vote for you too, Zyth, but I think Gopher's a better choice. There's an outside chance that Gopher's a weird Godfather variant, and I'd rather not punish you for his mistakes anyway. Also, you are Charlie McGee, I believe that much.

... This is kind of awful. You guys should move your votes to Gopher. I'm considering moving my vote to YOLO since there's at least a chance that he's mafia. I'd really rather not though. Gopher (or Zyth, if you prefer) is safer.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 09, 2017 5:18 am UTC

Deadline is 9 am UTC on 09/05/2017, in 3 hours and 42 minutes from the time of this post. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG - 2 (jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy)
SDK - 2 (Gopher of Pern, #HBC | Zyth)
Gopher of Pern - 1 (SDK)
jimbobmacdoodle -1 (#HBC | YOLOSWAG)

Not voting: FrozenFlame

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 5:39 am UTC

SDK wrote:LaserGuy, answer my questions.

Yes, I would vote for you too, Zyth, but I think Gopher's a better choice. There's an outside chance that Gopher's a weird Godfather variant, and I'd rather not punish you for his mistakes anyway. Also, you are Charlie McGee, I believe that much.

... This is kind of awful. You guys should move your votes to Gopher. I'm considering moving my vote to YOLO since there's at least a chance that he's mafia. I'd really rather not though. Gopher (or Zyth, if you prefer) is safer.

You think that the odds of this being a bastard game would be higher than us being scum together?

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 5:41 am UTC

And why would you think that I'm the one who executed the mafia kill if you think that I'm charlie mcgee?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 09, 2017 6:02 am UTC

SDK wrote:LaserGuy, answer my questions.

About why I believe Gopher? When I voted at the start of the day, I was mostly just taking for granted that this claim was too difficult and risky to fake. I'm less certain now. I am so confused I dont feel I can rule out any option.

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:You think that the odds of this being a bastard game would be higher than us being scum together?

No, I think the odds of this being a bastard game are higher than zero.

And you wouldn't have executed the kill as Charlie, that's true.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 6:19 am UTC

SDK wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:You think that the odds of this being a bastard game would be higher than us being scum together?

No, I think the odds of this being a bastard game are higher than zero.

And you wouldn't have executed the kill as Charlie, that's true.

You'd happily lynch us back to back regardless of a town flip from either of us, wouldn't you?

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 09, 2017 6:35 am UTC

No? If you flipped town, that would be a big red flag and we probably already lost. I would certainly try to reevaluate. If Gopher flips town, you don't look all that bad on your own (though I have no idea who would be mafia in that case - this scumteam is the only one that really makes any sense).

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 7:01 am UTC

SDK wrote:No? If you flipped town, that would be a big red flag and we probably already lost. I would certainly try to reevaluate. If Gopher flips town, you don't look all that bad on your own (though I have no idea who would be mafia in that case - this scumteam is the only one that really makes any sense).

Can you rephrase this? I don't quite understand. From the first part, it feels like you're saying I'm almost definitely scum. And from the second, it feels like you're saying I'm not.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue May 09, 2017 7:02 am UTC

Deadline is in about 1-2 hours and we need to get a lynch. I'd very much prefer SDK.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Tue May 09, 2017 7:03 am UTC

SDK wrote:Frozen seems to flop around a lot though, though he is consistently on YOLOSWAG, something I agree with in general.

Couldn't agree with this unflattering description of my play this game. Frankly my scumdar clearly has some rust built up during my time away from the game and quick deadlines hasn't been conducive to being able to really shake it off. I've had very little confidence in my reads this game, but at this point I just really feel like I have to play safe and vote for the player I'm near certain is anti-town, YOLO.

SDK wrote:FrozenFlame, do you actually have a scum team in mind at this point? I'm seeing lots of half-conclusions from you Day 3, but nothing concrete. You said you wanted to lynch YOLOSWAG, but earlier were concerned he was the SK specifically. What changed there?

I've tossed around a few possibilities in my back and forth with Zyth today, but really I don't have substantial reasoning for any of them. At this point with there being so many anti town players left relative to the entire pool of living people, or atleast in our estimation, it has been hard for me to distill discreet teams. Right now I've just been focusing on trying to find out who my minimum 2 fellow clears are. I thought that I could reasonably settle on you and GoP, but man, a big part of me doesn't want to trust Zyth/GoP.

As for YOLO being the SK, I haven't changed in my position in that I'm concerned that YOLO may be the SK, but I just don't see it as quite as big a risk as before. Power wise, I think you had a compelling point re: why his untargettableness shouldn't weigh too heavily as evidence of him being independent. Additionally, I think there is, however less likely than the alternative, a possibility we actually are in a 4-2-1 and killing the SK is actually optimal. So basically if YOLO is SK it's not a guarantee that its an instant game over for town. I mean yeah I'm concerned that this could be a worst case scenario, but I haven't been able to come up with a better play that I don't think runs a significant chance of town mislynch. With so little time left I really just have to go with my most confident anti town read.

Vote: YOLOSWAG

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 09, 2017 7:06 am UTC

Well this sucks. Seems like no one else is likely to move on this now... I don't want to do this, but at least I don't know that it will lose twenty dollars and my self respect. There's a chance we'll survive the night, and I guess that's better than nothing.

Vote YOLOSWAG.

See you on the other side.

PEDIT: If we lynch you and you flip town, Gopher's still scummy as shit, but I would try to reevaluate.
If Gopher is lynched and he flips town, you're not that bad in a vacuum. I can't see a mafia team that fits for, so I think you almost certainly are scum alongside Gopher, but if he's town then I have no idea what I'm even doing here.

PPEDIT: Oh, hello FrozenFlame. Fine. Let's just do it. YOLO, amirite? :?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 09, 2017 7:11 am UTC

That was hammer. Please do no post.
Night resolution is a bit delayed due to me being unexpectedly busy at work.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 am UTC

It's hunger was sated for the past few days but It knew that it would always return, bigger than ever. Unfortunately the group started to realize that not everything was right about the disguise It chose to wear. It tried to avoid any suspicion by pretending to be weak and a coward but was hopelessly outnumbered and was never good at wriggling Itself out of such cornered situations.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG is dead, he was It, a Serial Killer.
Spoiler:
Role: Pennywise (It)
You're a demonic entity of evil, originating from a different universe. You hibernate a lot but are extremely hungry once awake. You found a nice feeding spot in Derry where you spent more than 2 centuries, however a bunch of kids recently managed to drive you off. Finding yourself among a group of travellers you must satisfy your hunger by all means necessary. You don't care about the Beam or the multiverse, your only concern is yourself and your well-being. You just need to take care that nobody notices anything strange before it's too late.
Abilities:
- You feed off the fear humans emit when facing imminent death. Each night you may target another player to kill them.
- You're a shapeshifting eldritch being from another dimension. Usually anything thrown at you just bounces off, giving you immunity to all night actions that target you. However your weakness has always been a concerted effort from those pesky humans, that's what led to your recent defeat as well. Should you be targeted by at least 3 separate abilities during the same night your current form will collapse and you will immediately die.
Alignment: You are Independent and win if you are the last player alive or this outcome is inevitable.
Additional info: I don't want to limit your creativity and force you into a specific false-claim. King's universe is massive and there are a lot of
good candidates to choose from. However in case you're flavor-blind or just want to have a safe claim as a backup, here is an example role-pm you might have received from me in other circumstances, feel free to use any part of it or none at all:
Role: Johnny Marinville (Desperation)
How the mighty have fallen. Once you were on the cover of People, now you're just a washed-up writer battling with his demons. Trying to recapture some of the old fire that drove you, you decided to hop on your Harley and travel across the country to collect materials for a new book. However an unknown force has suddenly transported you to a mostly deserted world along with a few others to protect something they call the 'Beam'. Your instincts allow you to sense that the intentions of this force are genuine and this is a cause worth fighting for, however you're also sure that there are evildoers in the group who conspired against the rest of you.
Ability: Ever since you returned from the war you've always been a coward, running from danger and thinking only about yourself. However with the help of others you may find some hidden resolve within yourself should the need arise. You're a Commuter, making you immune to all night-actions. However you are also a 1-shot PGO. Once during the game you may choose to face the dangers head-on and let all who wish you ill close to you and detonate them with the explosives in your possession. If at least 1 player targets you during the night you and all who targeted you will die in the explosion. If noone targeted you then you survive the night though you lose the explosives.
Alignment: You are Town and win when all threats to Town are eliminated.
Mother Abagail lived a very long life and befriended many people. She had reservations about this new group she found herself travelling with but still tried her best to help them out in this quest of theirs. She wasn't able to make new connections last night so she was especially determined to get it right this time. Approaching another she tried to explain him the necessity of keeping together in the face of evil and she was completely surprised when all she got for her efforts was a knife in the gut.
Gopher of Pern is dead, he was Mother Abagail, a member of the Town.
Spoiler:
Role: Mother Abagail (The Stand)
At the age of 108 you've already led a full life, something you occasionally think bitterly about. You've witnessed the shrinkage of your family estate and the deaths of all of your loved ones and sometimes just want it all to end. Still, all your life you've dutifully followed the will of the Lord and will continue to do so in the future. Now He led your path to this mostly deserted world along with a few others to protect something they call the 'Beam'. Your instincts tell you that the intentions of this force are genuine and this is a cause worth fighting for, however you're also sure that there are evildoers in the group who conspired against the rest of you.
Ability: You can reach out to your fellow travellers and pull them into your circle to make plans against the evil. Anyone you open yourself up to will recognize the pureness of your heart, though they are not guaranteed to be of similar disposition. You're a Neighborizer. Each night you may target another player who will be included in your private chat group the following morning. They will also be informed that you're Town. However you won't receive similar confirmation about their alignment and may end up conversing with scum. Should you die the members of your group may continue to use the private chat.

The agents of the Crimson King took a look around in the morning and realized that they have finally whittled down the size of the opposition to a degree where stealth was no longer needed. They took great joy in revealing themselves and chasing away the rest of the group, ensuring that noone would endanger their master's plan anymore.

Congratulations to jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy and SDK on their victory as the Mafia team!
Congratulations to mpolo for keeping his ward alive until the end of the game!

Thanks to everyone for participating - hope you all enjoyed it!
I would appreciate any kind of feedback about the game.

Rest of the roles will be up in the next post.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 09, 2017 8:19 am UTC

SDK
Spoiler:
Role: André Linoge a.k.a. 'Legion' (Storm of the Century, tv-series)
You've been walking the Earth since millennia, not exactly immortal of your own but capable of acquiring a new host if you can blackmail someone to hand over their child to you. You have had your fun inflicting nightmares and driving people to suicide but now the Crimson King himself took notice of your abilities and recruited you to his cause. You've managed to worm your way along with a few others into the newly formed group of Roland Deschain who is the main threat to your new Master. You are for the moment outnumbered so you'll have to be very cautious when eliminating all his supporters.
Abilities:
- You can find out everyone's deepest, darkest secrets in the blink of an eye. You're a Rolecop, each night you may target another player to receive the name of his/her role and ability/abilities (you will not receive alignment, win-condition or any specifics of the ability)
- You have private chat with the other members of your team, jimbobmacdoodle and LaserGuy
Alignment: You are Mafia and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.
Additional info: I don't want to limit your creativity and force you into a specific false-claim. King's universe is massive and there are a lot of
good candidates to choose from. However in case you're flavor-blind or just want to have a safe claim as a backup, here is an example role-pm you might have received from me in other circumstances, feel free to use any part of it or none at all:
Role: Red (Shawshank Redemption)
You made a terrible mistake in your youth and not a day goes by where you don't feel regret for the crime you've committed. Society decided that you served your time after 40 years in prison and they set you free in an environment that completely changed from what you used to know. You've just started to reintegrate yourself when an unknown force has transported you to a mostly deserted world along with a few others to protect something they call the 'Beam'. Your instincts allow you to sense that the intentions of this force are genuine and this is a cause worth fighting for, however you're also sure that there are evildoers in the group who conspired against the rest of you.
Ability: You're the type of man who makes connections easily and who is able to find out quickly whatever he needs. You're a Follower, each night you may target another player to find out what kind of ability s/he used (categories are: killing/protective/investigative/other). However you may not target the same player on consecutive nights as you constantly need to expand your network.

LaserGuy
Spoiler:
Role: Todd Bowden (Apt Pupil)
To all outward appearances you were the perfect teenager but you always knew that there is dark streak within. It begin innocently enough with a morbid fascination regarding the Holocaust but soon lead to consorting with a war criminal and even murder. After a while it became increasingly hard to avoid detection. Every cloud has a silver lining though and the Crimson King himself took notice of your abilities and recruited you to his cause. You've managed to worm your way along with a few others into the newly formed group of Roland Deschain who is the main threat to your new Master. You are for the moment outnumbered so you'll have to be very cautious when eliminating all his supporters.
Abilities:
- You make plans well in advance to distract others who could be a problem for your activities. You're a standard Roleblocker but you may not target the same player on consecutive nights as that would make them suspicious of you.
- You were a model student and no-one suspected you of any wrong-doings. You appear as Town to all investigative abilities that determine alignment.
- You have private chat with the other members of your team, jimbobmacdoodle and SDK
Alignment: You are Mafia and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.
Role: Father Callahan (Salem's Lot, The Dark Tower)
A formerly pious man, you lost your faith when confronted by a vampire and have lived a complicated life ever since. After a lot of adversity (not to mention dying once) you seem to have found your place in Calla Bryn Sturgis where you continue the work God originally intended you to do. But now it seems God has another task for you as he directed your path to coincide with Roland Deschain's, whom you're supposed to help to protect the Beam, the thing that holds the entire multiverse together and prevents it from slipping into total chaos.
Ability: Ever since you found your faith again you seem to be able to stop the actions of others when you think they would hurt you or your friends, either by reasoning with them if they're human, or by channeling your faith through your crucifix if faced with monsters. You're a Roleblocker, however you may not target the same player on consecutive nights as they build up a small immunity against your words/power and you need to wait a bit until that dissipates.

jimbobmacdoodle
Spoiler:
Role: Leland Gaunt (Needful Things)
A reptilian demon in human form, your main purpose of life was to collect souls by tricking people into selling them to you. However last time you tried this you were chased away by someone who was canny enough to look through your disguise. Every cloud has a silver lining though and the Crimson King himself took notice of your abilities and recruited you to his cause. You've managed to worm your way along with a few others into the newly formed group of Roland Deschain who is the main threat to your new Master. You are for the moment outnumbered so you'll have to be very cautious when eliminating all his supporters.
Abilities:
- You always seem to know what others covet and can use this to your advantage. You are a False Inventor, able to give people what they think they need, though your gifts always turn out to be useless or even harmful in the end. Each night you may target another (non-Mafia) player to give him one of the items from the list below, granting them a 1-shot power that can be used simultaneously with their own abilities. Every item can only be given once and you may not give multiple items to the same player as each gift must be carefully tailored to look like the receipient's heart's desire.
A bottle containing a couple of mysterious pills - supposedly gives 1-shot Doc power, in reality prevents Doc powers to work on the target for that night
A sun-glass with X-ray vision capabilities - supposedly gives 1-shot Cop power by looking at the true nature of the target, however the X-ray doesn't work and the result is always Town no matter the target
A battery operated security camera - supposedly gives 1-shot Watcher power by planting near a target, however you may pre-edit the recordings, specifying in advance the result. You can make it show 'No result' or showing a single specific player. You must declare whether you use this option at the time you hand over the item, otherwise it reverts to a standard Watcher-power.
A cloak made of a material similar to chameleon-skin - gives 1-shot Bulletproof by hiding the wearer from the killer, however it does not protect against the Mafia NK as you know the weakness of the cloak and how to circumvent it.

- You have private chat with the other members of your team, LaserGuy and SDK
Role: Ben Hanscom (It)
You've always possessed the mind of an engineer and knew instinctively how things worked. That came very handy when a demonic entity from an another dimension threatened to destroy your town and everyone in it. You've almost managed to forget about the incident and return to a normal life, when an unknown force has transported you to a mostly deserted world along with a few others to protect something they call the 'Beam'. Your lingering psychic abilities (from your time spent with the rest of the Losers' Club) allow you to sense that the intentions of this force are genuine and this is a cause worth fighting for, however you're also sure that there are evildoers in the group who conspired against the rest of you.
Ability: You are an Inventor, able to craft simple devices from common materials. Each night you may target another player to give him one of the items from the list below, granting them a 1-shot power that can be used simultaneously with their own abilities. Every item can only be given once and you may not give multiple items to the same player as you don't trust either of them with that much power.
List would be same as above but with only the 'true' powers that the items would give.

#HBC | Zyth
Spoiler:
Role: Charlie McGee (Firestarter)
The government experimented on your parents, killed your mother, kidnapped you and generally proved that you can't trust anyone. After finally destroying their facility you began to wander aimlessly searching for your father, whom you have desperately need to be able to return to a 'normal' life. It was at this point that an unknown force has transported you to a mostly deserted world along with a few others to protect something they call the 'Beam'. Your psychic abilities allow you to sense that the intentions of this force are genuine and this is a cause worth fighting for, however you're also sure that there are evildoers in the group who conspired against the rest of you.
Ability: You possess the power of pyrokinesis at an already terrifying level and know that this will only increase in time. You're a 1-shot Vigilante, able to incinerate anyone during the night. You gain an additional shot on D4 (regardless whether you've used the first or not by then) but you may not use both of your shots during the same night.

FrozenFlame
Spoiler:
Role: David Carver (Desperation)
After Brian, your best friend was hit by car and fell into a coma with no chance of recovering, an inner voice told you to find God and pray. God granted your wish and Brian woke up with no lasting damage (a true miracle), however God is also cruel, something you had to find out the hard way. He made you stop an evil alien entity called Tak during which you lost your whole family, including your little sister. Now it seems God has another task for you and directed your path to a mostly deserted world, where you're supposed to help protect the Beam, the thing that holds the entire multiverse together and prevents it from slipping into total chaos.
Ability: You can channel God's strength through yourself, allowing you to perform small miracles. Your connection to God gets stronger each day, widening your range of powers. You're a JOAT (Jack-of-all-Trades). You may perform 1 action each night from the list below, but each ability can only be used once during the entire game:
N1: Doctor/Watcher/Commuter
N2: as above + Tracker
N3+: as above + Cop

Role discarded at the end, would have included with at least 15 players (and the reason why I originally advertised the game with 'maybe a little bastardry'):
Spoiler:
Underdog: Peter McVries (The Long Walk)
You have a sardonic sense of humor, a cynical attitude and a huge masochistic streak within. You joined the Long Walk because it was the ultimate form of self-punishment. However even that was denied when an unknown force has transported you to a mostly deserted world along with a few others to protect something they call the 'Beam'. You're determined to screw up everyone's plans so you've decided to carefully monitor the situation and join the losing side when the outcome seems inevitable hoping that your end will arrive swiftly. However you're also a believer of fair play, therefore once you've chosen your side you will try to do your best to defeat your enemies.
Abilities:
- Your random attitude shifts mean that you hand out advice with one hand and irritate the hell out of your conversation partner with the other. Each night you can pull aside another player for a lengthy talk, due to this he won't be able to carry out any actions but at least those with bad intentions won't try to kill him right in front of you. You're a standard Jailer (Doctor+Roleblocker), however you may not target the same player on consecutive nights as they won't want to hear another of your sermons so soon.
- You provide an interesting distraction during the otherwise boring journey and that makes you worth keeping around. Just don't overdo it! While you have no win-condition you have both a 1-shot Lynchproof and a 1-shot Bulletproof ability. You will lose these once you side with either side.
Alignment: at the start of the game you are Independent and have no win-condition. Your allegiance will be determined as soon as one of the below events occurs. After that you will be considered a full member of your new faction and nothing will be able to change your alignment or win-condition again.
- At the moment when the last member of the Mafia faction is eliminated you immediately become a member of the Mafia, gaining the standard Mafia win-condition and all factional powers (except for chat due to obvious reasons).
- At the moment when Mafia would win the game due to numerical superiority over Town you immediately become a member of Town, gaining the standard Town win-condition.
Your alignment change is unaffected by any other win-condition being fulfilled or denied.
Additional note: you are encouraged at the later stages of the game to send in multiple conditional actions in the form of:
- if my alignment doesn't change before my action resolves then I will target X,
- if the lynched player was the last scum alive then I will jail Y,
and so on. Your ability resolves early in the night, so any kills during the night itself will happen after you chose your target and you may not use those as conditions for your action (i.e. no 'if scum would gain majority tonight then I will target Z' and such-like).

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 am UTC

Congratulations scum. Perfect game!

I gotta make myself seem more towny, and get better at convincing other people.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Return to “Mafia”