Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Will reread jimbob during the night, don't understand what other people see in him.

To be clear, I find the majority of his content scummy but there was one strong townie ping. I'm reconsidering that ping in light of the weight of his other behavior but I'm trusting my instincts for now.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 17, 2017 2:13 pm UTC

So sorry! This was supposed to be done about 7 hours ago and I feel asleep typing it up (around #8). Finished as I woke up.

Current reads (in order of sign up)
1. Sabrar - noted his discussion with SDK, Yolo, and others, as well as his willingness to admit when he misinterprets something. Feels very helpful throughout. Townish.
2. Znirk - basically one post. Not very happy with that post, several notes about "I can see why town would do this, but I don't want to give scum ideas." I just can't see scum missing every single one of those. Also disagree with the argument re: LaserGuy, mostly because I can't see this as something scum would hint at in D1. This would make sense in later days though. Neutral, leaning scummy.
3. Freezeblade - first post about me is probably incorrect assumption of my role. other posts have little content. Neutral, though I think leaning town. Will reevaluate with replacement.
4. SDK - Already discussed this. He's likely not standard mafia because the play with Bessie wouldn't make sense, as well as other things don't connect. Some sort of backup / lyncher / traitor makes sense. So basically scummy, but would not be my priority to get rid of. Fwiw, his D1 posts have been helpful. I guess I could also see a "delayed jester"-like role here.
5. SirG - As some people pointed out, his assumption regarding SDK was faulty (mine was somewhat similar, but I was looking at it more from the perspective of "why would he announce it"). I can see his explanations making sense, but stuck to SDK too easily imo. Neutral and worth a more careful read D2.
6. GoP - I disagree with his view on Dethstalker (I can't see how his play makes him newbie town) but otherwise willing to stand behind his words. I'd like to see more content and reads analysis, feels like he's holding back. Can go more into detail later. Neutral.
7. Madge - content isn't great, but this is typical D1 madge. I'm going to reserve all judgment and put her as neutral and wait till D2. I'm essentially skipping her for now.
8. BoomFrog - feels a bit off, simply because his playstyle is different than last game (somehow seems more helpful, which isn't a bad thing). still pushing people to provide content similarly. Neutral leaning town.
9. plytho - ok content, but too focused on the discussion with GoP over dethstalker, only agreeing at day's end. Neutral for now, need to re-read as something feels off... it's like he's less focused on the overall game and more on this discussion.
10. dethstalker - Given his play, I think scum is likely. And even that is strange. He hasn't taken any advice we've given, or dedicated time for a solid post. I think he didn't realize what he signed up for with a large semi-complex game.
11. dimochka - star of the show, clearly the most important player here. Keep that in mind and you might learn something in this showbusiness world.
12. bessie - good reaction on sdk's claim. honestly I'm having a tough time reading her because she's playing about the same as other games I remember. Has less people leaning scummy than i would've thought. Good point re: jimbob (though same way I feel about plytho). Townish.
13. Jimbob - as mentioned above, I agree that he seems to focus on things that are less game-driving. I might know what boomfrog is referring to when he mentions the "one townie" post, but if I'm right then it wasn't that big of a stretch to say that. Neutral leaning scummy.
14. Yolo - Initial read was ok, but it seems to me that he's looking to attack people based on things they haven't necessarily done. Notice the mention of Bard's meta. Or LaserGuy/GoP discussion of setup. My gut feeling is that he's pointing out small things about different people to come back to later. Scummy.
15. LaserGuy - so LaserGuy is the one person I got pretty wrong last game, and I might be falling into the same trap that BoomFrog mentioned re:SDK - I'm reading him as scummy but unsure where. Plus Bard's claim is strange. I'll need to come back to this.
16. Bard - I'm getting a townie vibe from him, but that's heavily influenced by his last post regarding knowing that someone else is town. Depending on D2 explanation this could go either way. Neutral leaning town.

I'll be around near deadline to discuss further or respond to anything else. As it stands, I'm comfortable with a dethstalker lynch.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 2:18 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Note in case of my death: If DethStalker is non-mafia then lynch SDK. If SDK is mafia take a hard look at Yoloswag.
BoomFrog wrote:Also, if DethStalker is non-mafia then JimBob is also probably non-mafia.

Why? I can see the connection between me and YOLOSWAG, but I don't see the connection between DethStalker and me or between DethStalker and jimbob.

What does DethStalker flipping mafia tell us? I mean, I'm not holding out much hope that he is either, but surely you've considered that as an option, townie as you are.

I agree with pretty much everything Gopher is saying re: DethStalker. I guess you're game for BoomFrog, at least. I forgot that "A tied vote at day end will result in a 24-hour extension" which means there's actually nothing to lose here, so why not.

Unvote, Vote BoomFrog

plytho wrote:I'm thinking there's no way town would behave any way close to that as town would be more open to trust people and take their advice, while you are saying there is no way scum could behave like that because they need to blend in. I guess I see where you are coming from now.

You've never been mafia before. In many ways it's actually way easier to trust people as mafia - you know who your team is and you know who is town.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Note in case of my death: If DethStalker is non-mafia then lynch SDK. If SDK is mafia take a hard look at Yoloswag.
I wish :)

YOLO, what does this mean?

I like dimochka's latest post. It's been a tough game finding scumreads, but I'll case BoomFrog in a second.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 2:21 pm UTC

@dimochka: if it's not too much trouble to ask could you do an ordered town-scum list please?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

@BoomFrog: Would be interested in that ping but I assume you have your own reasons for not revealing it. :)
Ninja'd by dimochka: ok, reveal it in your time.

Started my (admittedly biased) reread of jimbob early, here are my thoughts:
Spoiler:
Joins the party late, non-committal regarding SK or 2nd scum faction. With hammer at 9 he really should not 'fear' to experiment, might be just flowery speech though. In itself nothing stands out, although seems a bit guarded for an opening post when the others have already provided content.

Larger post containing:
- his list (analysed to death, looks very strange),
- unexplained vote on Gopher of Pern
- same kind of role-fishing (regarding voting abilities) for which Gopher of Pern is attacked for yet curiously it is not brought up later with respect to jimbob. To note: I do not think that these questions are scummy by themselves but different intentions might be derived from context.
- comparison to previous game and talk about possibility of lyncher
- remains non-committal about 2 scum factions and asks for explanations

To note: post contains lot of questions to others but not really jimbob's own opinions.

Reacts to questions regarding his list/talk about lyncher/# of players voting, accuses LaserGuy with role-fishing for a question I would not designate as such. No new content.

As mentioned previously tries to divert attention away from himself, jumps at the first opportunity to do so.

Reacting, no new content (note: this is not scummy, just don't want to write pages about every little thing when these issues have already been discussed)

Now we get to reads, standard jimbob format. No use in overanalyzing, couple of points stand out:
- if you call a lot of players scummy due to low content then maybe you should postpone making a full list for a later time
- has BoomFrog slightly townie though only mentions criticism regarding him
- asking others about whether his points are valid regarding me is exactly what I tend to do as scum and our playstyle has a lot of similarities
- has SDK as solid town but bessie only moderately so which looks weird

More reacting.

Still reacting, bad logic.

Admits point, end of that particular discussion.

This is good though again mostly just questions to others.
That brings up up to page 6, stopping here because of work.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, why do you think that you needed to move laserguys vote from Boomfrog to yourself? Boomfrog was in no danger of lynch. At that stage he had two votes.
At that point so did DethStalker (I think, but I don't have time to work it out right now). Plenty of time for you and your scum partners to try to swing the vote.

Prepost edit. Hmm. Interesting, and not what I expected.

Madge wrote:Dethstalker (but I think likely town despite this, if replacements grow on trees I want him replaced)
They don't. We don't even have a replacement for the player that legitimately asked for one. Interesting how you've felt the need to mention this. And what justification do you think mpolo has for replacing him when he hasn't asked for a replacement? Why do you want him replaced and not Znirk, who as gone AWOL?

SDK, do you also have an updated read of Madge?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed May 17, 2017 2:41 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:- if you call a lot of players scummy due to low content then maybe you should postpone making a full list for a later time.
In principle I agree with you, but to explain why I do this - I have the most time at weekends, and cannot guarantee how much time I'll have during the week. Since those reads lists take quite a while to compile (order of hours), I have to do one each weekend, if I expect to do even a half-decent one.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 pm UTC

BoomFrog

BoomFrog starts the game busy, which is fine. Those things he does chime in on are generally okay to start as well.

Eventually we get BoomFrog's first reads list. Most of his reads make sense. Others, not as much.
- freezeblade is "in the townie club" - why?
- I am on the townie side of neutral despite being referred to as "a man of low character". Throughout the Day, I continually slide further and further towards scum while it seems others generally agree that I am becoming more townie if anything (as is my usual course, I suppose).
- His read (and vote) on Znirk struck me as out of place. At the time, I immediately went back to read Znirk's one post to find where he was "digging in the mud", and found nothing. He explains shortly after that Znirk was attacking LaserGuy for faulty reasons, but unless he suspected Znirk was neutral, that doesn't jive with his own read on LaserGuy as mafia.
Overall though, no big deal.

BoomFrog was also reading jimbob as scum. When asked for reasons (on his jimbob, LaserGuy and Znirk reads), BoomFrog replied with this. His reason was that jimbob tricked him last game, then comes down strongly on jimbob for bugging him about his reads when jimbob shared those reads of LaserGuy and Znirk. This pings me not only because he didn't answer the question, but because this is again inconsistent with any scumteam that could be forming in BoomFrog's mind. He's not actually hunting scum (and shortly thereafter calls jimbob town).

BoomFrog's next reads list calls me scum, presumably buddies with LaserGuy? I was voting LaserGuy at the time. Anyway, he gives some reasons for his suspicion of me, but nothing there didn't exist before - all the meat of it is regarding my first post. I asked him a question about my recent content (since clearly something must have changed his mind, right?), but received no answer despite him commenting on my Madge read in her defense (so he must have read the post).

Then there's his "in case of my death" post, which isn't really a scummy thing to do, but does not consider DethStalker being scum as even an option. BoomFrog is voting for DethStalker at this time.

Overall, I see a lot of reasons to believe BoomFrog is scum, and nothing to make me believe he is town. Someone mentioned that he's being more helpful this game, but I don't even see that - he's being less direct and less earnest in his scumhunting, and that's the key here. Maybe I should have pushed this yesterday instead of Madge. In any case, I do believe DethStalker is likely town, especially if BoomFrog is scum, so I'd rather do this. I realize deadline is in an hour, but if you like this case, make your vote. Since a tie just initiates an extension, there is no risk.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 2:53 pm UTC

kalira will be replacing freezeblade, effective immediately.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 2:56 pm UTC

Welcome kalira! Happy to be playing with you again.

@SDK: just noting here that I have some specific issues with your case on BoomFrog but I don't want to butt in your quarrel with him just yet.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 2:59 pm UTC

Can we expect a resolution regarding Znirk's absence before D2 begins?

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 3:00 pm UTC

bessie wrote:SDK, do you also have an updated read of Madge?

Nothing has changed for me there. Her recent reads post is both standard Madge Day 1 and weird at the same time. Her read on you, for example, is based entirely on her read on me. Since when does Madge trust SDK? She's normally tied up in knots about how she can't read me. I was also surprised to see a "no read" on Gopher - for reasons I can't explain, I thought she'd be able to form a better opinion on him than others. I disagree with her scum reads, which is fine, but putting DethStalker in her scum list while calling him town is weird, especially when he's the one standing on the gallows.

Nothing big, but sticking with my scumread since there's nothing town there either.

PEDIT: Welcome to the show, kalira. I am always grateful for our understudies. :)

PEDIT2: You can probably butt in if you want to, Sabrar. Likely this wagon will amount to nothing today regardless, and even you making that comment lets BoomFrog get off without engaging me as directly as he could otherwise.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 3:02 pm UTC

Both of Znirk's prods remain unread. I will look for a replacement, but may have to modkill. (I will try to hold off on that to mid-day 2, so as not to disrupt too much.)
Last edited by mpolo on Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 pm UTC

I am incompetent at editing, it seems.
Last edited by mpolo on Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 pm UTC

Nothing to see here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 pm UTC

SDK wrote:You can probably butt in if you want to, Sabrar. Likely this wagon will amount to nothing today regardless, and even you making that comment lets BoomFrog get off without engaging me as directly as he could otherwise.
Don't know why you'd expect BoomFrog to engage you today, that wagon was never getting anywhere with only an hour to go. Yes, there were recent examples of switching the lynch to a lurker at the last minute, but right now the lurker is the main target.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 17, 2017 3:19 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@dimochka: if it's not too much trouble to ask could you do an ordered town-scum list please?

Roughly along these lines:

-town-
Sabrar
Bessie
Boomfrog
Bard
-neutral-
Freezeblade / Kalira
SirG
Madge [this is mostly a placeholder, D2 I'll look at her more closely]
GoP
LaserGuy [possibly lower, depending on Bard's post]
-scummy-
Znirk [interchageable with plytho/jimbob, need more content to judge]
plytho
Jimbob
Yolo
SDK [note - I don't actually think it's a priority to lynch him; important to figure out what he's doing]
dethstalker
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm UTC

I'm leaning towards the idea that there is scum in {BoomFrog, SDK}. Interestingly both of them call jimbob townie. Hmmm...

@dimochka: thanks a lot!

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:You can probably butt in if you want to, Sabrar. Likely this wagon will amount to nothing today regardless, and even you making that comment lets BoomFrog get off without engaging me as directly as he could otherwise.
Don't know why you'd expect BoomFrog to engage you today, that wagon was never getting anywhere with only an hour to go. Yes, there were recent examples of switching the lynch to a lurker at the last minute, but right now the lurker is the main target.

A man can dream. I don't expect him to engage me today, my point was that any damage you were worried about doing to our fight probably has already been done.

mpolo wrote:Both of Znirk's prods remain unread. I will look for a replacement, but may have to modkill. (I will try to hold off on that to mid-day 2, so as not to disrupt too much.)

It is probably least disruptive to modkill him at the end of Night 1 (if he still hasn't responded). That will give us all of Day 2 to pick up the pieces instead of having to rush to do so.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 pm UTC

Thank you kalira. Madge, I still want you to reply to my previous post.

SDK wrote:- I am on the townie side of neutral despite being referred to as "a man of low character".
I often have the same read of you. :)

SDK wrote:Then there's his "in case of my death" post, which isn't really a scummy thing to do,
You did one of these D1 of Dark Tower mafia.

Agree with SDK’s read of Madge. Don’t agree with his read of BoomFrog, but between the two of them I am quite the novice and either can easily work me.

SDK wrote:YOLO, what does this mean?
:D

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:31 pm UTC

SDK wrote:my point was that any damage you were worried about doing to our fight probably has already been done.
Let's agree to disagree on that one.

mpolo wrote:It is probably least disruptive to modkill him at the end of Night 1 (if he still hasn't responded).
Fully support this.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:31 pm UTC

EBWOP: messed up my quotes, that was SDK's idea.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
SDK wrote:Then there's his "in case of my death" post, which isn't really a scummy thing to do,

Yep, and I did one Day 1 of Dark Tower as well. Town or scum can do it, but I've never seen town do one where they didn't consider the possibility of their chosen lynch target being scum.

bessie wrote:I am quite the novice and either can easily work me

Work you? No. You're hard to work. When you get set on a course, pulling you off of that can be very difficult. It's why we killed you Night 1 last game.

kalira

Postby kalira » Wed May 17, 2017 3:34 pm UTC

While I wasn't here for call time, I appreciate the magnanimity with which my fellow actors welcome me to the stage. I am certainly happy to be promoted from the chorus to a named character. I hope we can persevere and get through these production issues so we can give our audience the best performance possible! Unfortunately, the fact that I was so late to this rehearsal means I'm not going to be of much assistance today. I will go over the notes from today's rehearsal tonight so I can be more ready for rehearsal tomorrow.

(I probably won't roleplay as much as the above for the most part. It just takes too much effort and makes posts a lot longer, and my posts tend to be too long anyway!)

IRL:
Spoiler:
I'm actually working backstage for a show that's closing this weekend, so I won't be as present this weekend, but hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.

So many ninjas late in the day!
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 pm UTC

@SDK: links please if you can.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
bessie wrote:

Yep, and I did one Day 1 of Dark Tower as well. Town or scum can do it, but I've never seen town do one where they didn't consider the possibility of their chosen lynch target being scum.

Wait, what did I just say? For some reason I assumed you would reference a town game of mine since you don't like my BoomFrog case. I've definitely done these as town before though.

@Sabrar, links to past games where I've done this?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:48 pm UTC

Yes, both as town and as scum.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 3:55 pm UTC

Scum (Dark Tower)
Town (Seaside), old but the only one I could think of off the top of my head.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed May 17, 2017 3:58 pm UTC

D1 final thoughts in case of my death. :shock:

Sorry to disappoint all those who expect me to tunnel, but I just couldn’t get a strong read on anyone, town or scum, probably due to my RL issues and not being able to observe the flow of the game as it unfolded. I don’t get the same feel reading 40 posts at once.

Interesting LaserGuy didn’t pop in to unvote. Rather careless for someone with his power. I should move him down on my list.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 3:59 pm UTC

@SDK: Thanks, will read.

@bessie: :D

In case I die, kill jimbob.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 4:02 pm UTC

BURGUNDY

Royal Lear,
Give but that portion which yourself proposed,
And here I take Cordelia by the hand,
Duchess of Burgundy

KING LEAR

Nothing: I have sworn; I am firm.

BURGUNDY

I am sorry, then, you have so lost a father
That you must lose a husband.

CORDELIA

Peace be with Burgundy!
Since that respects of fortune are his love,
I shall not be his wife.
Peace be with Burgundy! Eternal peace!

CORDELIA produces a noose, hangs Burgundy, and elopes with the KING OF FRANCE.

Backstage

DIRECTOR

That was a bit of an unorthodox way to read the scene, dimochka.

DIMOCHKA

I think that Cordelia needed to show her strength as a character, so that the audience could truly marvel at my beauty. Besides, I was only implementing the will of the majority. I didn't even vote for him.

DIRECTOR

Wait, why is DethStalker just lying there on the stage? What have you done? Well at least he didn't have any more lines in the play… Places everyone, the next scene is beginning!

DethStalker has been lynched. Role and alignment in the "morning". Night has fallen. If you have night chat, you may make use of it now. Please send all night actions to me. Night will end on Friday evening. I have set the deadline a little later, because I will not be available at 18:00 to process actions. Deadline Friday 21:00 Europe Time

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 pm UTC

Votals at Day End:
DethStalker (6): #HBC | YOLOSWAG, BoomFrog, plytho, Sabrar, jimbobmacdoodle
Gopher of Pern (1): DGames | Bard
dimochka (1): dimochka
SDK (1): SirGabriel
LaserGuy (1): Znirk
bessie (1): LaserGuy
BoomFrog (2): Gopher of Pern, SDK

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I coming to an end

Postby mpolo » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 am UTC

Some powers have not yet been submitted. Just a little heads-up, as there are about 8 hours left in the night.

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby mpolo » Fri May 19, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

CORNWALL

Out, vile jelly!
Where is thy lustre now?

Cuts out GLOUCESTER'S eyes.

CORNWALL

But prithee, where is the Servant that would have protected thee?

GLOUCESTER

I know not, he hath missed a lot of lines today.

CORNWALL

Yet my dear Regan should also have been here. What hath passed here?

AN OFFICER Enters

Alack, awoe! Treachery, a poison'd chalice far too soon. It was forordainèd for much later. Regan, sir, is dead.

GLOUCESTER Aside

Yon change wilt be hard to cover.

OFFICER

Alack! Seest thou that menacing shape there?

Mysteriously dies.

Exeunt omnes, except GLOUCESTER.

Enter Third Servant

THIRD SERVANT

Though it not be act three, I'll fetch some flax and whites of eggs
To apply to his bleeding face. Now, heaven help him!

Exeunt

Backstage

DIRECTOR

What was that? You've totally changed the play! Who decided to move the eye scene to Act One?

SirGabriel

At the rate our actors are dropping off, we were afraid it would get cut.

dimochka

That DethStalker guy was bad news. He seems to belong to the Stage Actors Guild of Albania, and you know how they are about non-guild actors on the stage.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

But dear Sabrar, he was not evil. He even had a roll of gauze with him. Do you think he might have been useful to us?

bessie

Strange that jimbobmacdoodle just dropped dead there. Even though he does seem to have been involved in something occult, he seemed to be a good guy.

Znirk

Magically transforms into the form of Sabrar.

Re-animated Sabrar

Hold your hand, my lord:
I have served you ever since I was a child;
But better service have I never done you
Than now to bid you hold.

DIRECTOR

It's a bit late for that now. But we'll get you back in the play somewhere…

DethStalker is dead. He was a member of the Guild and had the power to ignore role-blocks.

Sabrar is dead. He was a one-shot doctor.

jimbobmacdoodle is dead. He was a one-shot seer, a cop for supernatural villains.

Sabrar has replaced Znirk.

Votals:
Gopher of Pern (1): bessie

13 players are alive, 7 to lynch. Deadline on Wednesday at 18:00 GMT+1. Countdown clock.

Role PMs

Spoiler:
(Sabrar) Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of Regan. You were chosen for this role because of your flamboyant nature, which fits nicely with the role. Although we know that you wanted the role of Cordelia, ultimately, we think you were a little over eager. With the recent unpleasantness regarding the bit parts, your abilities as a doctor may well be useful to the troupe. It would have been nice if you had brought more bandages with you, though.

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You have a one-shot doctor ability. This ability will be ineffective against supernatural attacks. Being over-eager, you must always have a vote placed. Being flamboyant, you will try to work impressive adjectives into your texts (you don't have to exaggerate, just use a thesaurus once in a while).

(jimbobmacdoodle) Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of the Officer. Our female cast members are a little concerned about your womanizing. It would be much better to concentrate on your skills as a peacemaker. That "how to be a prophet" correspondence course you were taking may yet come in handy.

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Once in the game, you may investigate another player at night to determine if he is supernatural. Womanizing is a role-playing restriction. Canonical "women" in the game are Regan (Sabrar), Goneril (plytho) and Cordelia (dimochka). If two players are voting for each other, you may PM me to force them both to unvote. They will not be able to vote for each other for the rest of that day.

(DethStalker) Welcome to our production of King Lear! You have been chosen to play the role of the Duke of Burgundy. I know that people don't like you, some might say that you are hated, but that shouldn't stop you from giving it your best! And don't try to tell me you're misunderstood. I've seen you hanging around with <one or more names redacted>, and I assure you, I don't trust you people one bit!

You are a member of the Stage Actors Guild of Armenia. Disgruntled that so many non-members have been cast in this play, you have decided to take matters in your own hands. You win when all threats to your group are removed and you control the vote in the day. Each night, the Guild may choose one of their number to kill another actor. Since you are hated, you will always show up in the Votals with one more vote than was actually cast. Being misunderstood is a role-playing restriction -- try to play up that people have interpreted your posts poorly (as much as you can). In addition you have the special ability that you cannot be role-blocked by another player.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 pm UTC

Original post prepared:

2nd part of jimbob read-through for completeness sake
Spoiler:
Discussing LaserGuy's ability, nothing to see there. Though if he truly guessed the OMGUS aspect then agreeing with caution is misplaced a bit as I was talking about another possibility altogether. Minor point, irks me a bit. Talking about GA is missing the point in my opinion, besides it is rather moot afterI accepted SirGabriel's explanation. Then he goes back and suspects SirGabriel nonetheless which I find very curious.

Updated list. Again mentioning only highlights (besides commenting on a read-list is weird in itself as obviously it will be influenced by your own reads about the same people).
- accuses Bard of being "uncertain about everything" while he himself goes back and forth on a lot of players.
- his comment on plytho catches my attention, it is so obvious that people won't 100% agree on things that I don't know what that was supposed to say there.
- if Bard tells the truth about LaserGuy then fmpov his bottom 5 scummiest players include 3 Town (or in the case of Bard might be pro-town indie which is the same here) and 2 lurkers

Possibly true, does not overdo reaction which is a good sign.

Valid question.

Doubts Bard's claim for which he does not give reasons. It is generally accepted that such claims are better when revealed only if the 'confirmed' Town is in danger of getting lynched (which is why SDK's claim looks suspicious), so this is strange coming from jimbob who has bessie and SDK as top Town. Corrects some errors in previous post, null tell. Moves me towards town, obvious comment about Bard's claim tying them together (though why is the same not applied to bessie + SDK?). Puts DethStalker at L-2, null tell.

Addressing a minor issue, potentially didn't have time for more, null tell.
Tinkered with the town-scum lists (probably won't be that useful after D1 as scum can coordinate). There are multiple issues with the data plus I haven't tested for significance, here are the results worth mentioning:
- bessie's and plytho's list are highly correlated -> probably on same side
- Gopher of Pern's list has low correlation with anyone else -> probably was not influenced by others' opinion and vice versa -> if he has team-mates then likely among the players with no list (Bard, freezeblade, YOLOSWAG, Znirk)
- BoomFrog has biggest standard deviation on position level -> most divisive player, would potentially learn a lot from his flip (before anyone jumps on this again, no, this is not meant as a reason to lynch him)

Getting multiple pings from SDK, time to downgrade him. Only thing holding me back is that I don't understand why scum!SDK would start D1 as he did.

YOLOSWAG's content is very light in actual analysis. Definitely scummy.

Thoughts on flips later.

Update: seems like I always find jimbob scummy, no matter what. Good to know I won't focus on him today needlessly.
Feels great to die N1 and still keep playing the game, never had the opportunity to replace someone before.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

EBWOP: just so that everyone has access to the same info: I did not use my 1-shot power N1 as my old self, mod can confirm if needed.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri May 19, 2017 7:08 pm UTC

So, two deaths overnight. Not really surprising. I doubt it was a vig kill, but I'm not sure whether SK or second mafia faction is more likely.

I have nothing to claim at the moment.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:13 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 pm UTC

Vote Madge

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 7:18 pm UTC

Whatever happened to freezeblade? One minute.....

Return to “Mafia”