Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

I should be doing chores right now but there is just too much to think and talk about.

I'm glad we lynched scum although I think DethStalker may have taken his post restriction too far.

It seems extremely likely now that we are indeed dealing with two scum factions: DethStalker's guild and some supernatural faction. I can't imagine jimbob getting a supernatural cop power to find a serial killer.

I think jimbob was killed by the supernaturals (just dropped dead after seeing a mysterious figure) while Sabrar was poisoned, I assume by the guild.

It will be interesting to analyze people's responses to DethStalker D1.

Sabrar's one shot doctor seems like a pretty weak power considering there are two scum factions.

Now back to chores.
he him his

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 7:21 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Whatever happened to freezeblade? One minute.....

Freezeblade was replaced by kalira.
he him his

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Votals at Day End:
DethStalker (6): #HBC | YOLOSWAG, BoomFrog, plytho, Sabrar, jimbobmacdoodle
Gopher of Pern (1): DGames | Bard
dimochka (1): dimochka
SDK (1): SirGabriel
LaserGuy (1): Znirk
bessie (1): LaserGuy
BoomFrog (2): Gopher of Pern, SDK
Who else was off the wagon and still in the game? We have at least 1 scum in [Bard/dimochka/SirG/Sabrar (replacing Znirk)/LaserGuy/GoP/SDK/Madge/freezeblade. Most likely more.

I wouldn't lynch Bard, Laserguy, or GoP.

We need to lynch from [dimochka/SirG/Sabrar/SDK/Madge/freezeblade.]

PEdit: Thank you plytho. Do people think we have a second scum team or a SK?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 7:27 pm UTC

Actually, Bard can go on the lynch list.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm UTC

Betting on second scum-team and also betting on at least 1 player who mentioned this early D1 being scum.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 pm UTC

plytho wrote: It seems extremely likely now that we are indeed dealing with two scum factions: DethStalker's guild and some supernatural faction. I can't imagine jimbob getting a supernatural cop power to find a serial killer.

That's a good point. So I think we can safely assume two mafia factions.

I've never played with two mafia factions before. Is it possible that the two factions are different sizes (one with 2 members and one with 3)? And what are the chances we have third parties in addition to the two mafias?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:38 pm UTC

@BoomFrog: any updated thoughts now that DethStalker turned out to be scum?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm UTC

The day opens and I find myself most pleasantly surprised to be alive. I appreciate sincerely my most gracious retainer vouching on my behalf. My apologies for not returning more promptly at the twilight hours of last day: I had some technical difficulties connecting to the forums, and then retired for the night.

It seems that DethStalker was scum. I gather from his role PM that he was of the more mundane variety. I am most amused that one of his traits was misunderstood, and, I must admit, his performance of this part was peerless. I will ponder the deaths of jimbob and Sabrar for a spell, though I do note that both roles had some limitation against the type of foes that they could deal with.

mpolo wrote:Votals:
Gopher of Pern (1): bessie

Noted for posterity.

SDK wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Out of curiosity, did the similar scenario with Zyth/Gopher from last game come to mind when made this claim? It certainly did to me.

No, I didn't give any thought to that at all. Did you think I was trying to take advantage of that happening so recently or something?

That scenario had certainly crossed my mind, yes. We had talked a fair bit last game about how a scumteam could use a friendly neighbour claim to produce a confirmed townie, and the sort of advantage that could bring, so it had crossed my mind that you might have been attempting some sort of similar play to see if it would actually work. I'm not going to pretend that I understand your reasoning for outing bessie at the start of D1 at this point, but I'll admit I do feel quite better about the situation given that Bard apparently has similar information in his own role. Speaking of whom, I unfortunately have no countervailing information in support of Bard.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

I don't understand why I was killed. I was clearly not an immediate threat to scum, plus on a personal level it is extremely discourteous to deprive me of my favorite game and only source of fun during work. I am truly offended and would like to advise my fellow players to look into themselves and practice their lines anew so that their performance may improve.

kalira

Postby kalira » Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Whatever happened to freezeblade? One minute.....

Well, I heard the director wanted to go in a more risque direction and changed the casting last minute to make the Duke of Cornwall female.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:
mpolo wrote:We need to lynch from [dimochka/SirG/Sabrar/SDK/Madge/freezeblade.]

I take issue with the implications of this, not because former-me is on the list, but because you seem to be saying the people who were on Dethstalker's train should be excused from lynch (at least for today). I have zero issue believing that Dethstalker's scummate(s) might have decided to bus him early on in the day, especially after they saw how he was acting in thread. Do I think there is the possibility of scum in that lynch-list of yours? Sure. But to prop up the wagoneers as if they were above suspicion for voting for someone who was playing in a way people around here didn't find helpful is a no-go for me.

For the record, I agree with plytho's reasoning that there is a supernatural faction rather than a single supernatural SK. Having a cop who can get a "guilty" result on only a single player seems weird to include in a setup like this.

Ninjas, of course. SirG, I think it's possible for them to be different sizes, especially depending on what kinds of powers and such they have in play. As for third parties, I think they're still possibilities, but I would seriously doubt there is an SK if there is also a second scum faction (especially given there were only two deaths last night).
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 pm UTC

EBWOP: got it. It was to create wine and lead Town towards jimbob. Yep, knew I shouldn't have posted that last bit on instinct.

kalira

Postby kalira » Fri May 19, 2017 7:50 pm UTC

Bah, screwed up the quoting, of course. That was YOLO's idea, not mpolo's. I just forgot to take out the beginning of his post where he was quoting votals (you would think I would've noticed that in preview, but noooooo).
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

I'm not saying it's impossible DethStalker was bussed. I do think it's very likely at least one of his partners was off the wagon. Jimbob, Sabrar, and bessie were all on it confirmed town leaving me, BoomFrog, and plytho as the early voters on his wagon. I REALLY doubt there's more than one buddy in that pool, let alone two.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:I've never played with two mafia factions before. Is it possible that the two factions are different sizes (one with 2 members and one with 3)? And what are the chances we have third parties in addition to the two mafias?

I'm certainly not an expert but different sized scum faction seems quite reasonable. Maybe some balance experts could weigh in, but I think given the number of players 2-2 scum might be too few and 3-3 too many.

For some reason Gopher's town read on DethStalker keeps bugging me. Particularly the deflection towards bessie when I pushed him on it.

@Gopher: do you now think bessie is scum for being nice to DethStalker?
he him his

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I REALLY doubt there's more than one buddy in that pool, let alone two.
But there could easily be members of the second scum-team.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 8:16 pm UTC

On number of scum: I feel that Town should automatically win if they lynch scum every day, even if night is super-unlucky for them. Therefore at most 5 scum should be the case, 3-2 is entirely possible if balanced with powers. No idea about indies.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 19, 2017 8:20 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I don't understand why I was killed. I was clearly not an immediate threat to scum, plus on a personal level it is extremely discourteous to deprive me of my favorite game and only source of fun during work. I am truly offended and would like to advise my fellow players to look into themselves and practice their lines anew so that their performance may improve.

If it helps any, I would have killed you. My claim for bessie as town went down messier than I expected, so I didn't figure either of us would die. If I had to pick anyone as a NK target, it was you.

kalira wrote:For the record, I agree with plytho's reasoning that there is a supernatural faction rather than a single supernatural SK. Having a cop who can get a "guilty" result on only a single player seems weird to include in a setup like this.

plytho wrote:Maybe some balance experts could weigh in, but I think given the number of players 2-2 scum might be too few and 3-3 too many.

I mostly agree with this. The Guild clearly has more than one member, and the supernatural mafia must as well for that role to make any sense. However, if some of the town have supernatural abilities as well to throw that investigator off, a kind of weird godfather-esque SK could work. If there are two mafia, it's got to be 2-3 (with 3 being the Guild, judging by DethStalker's relatively weak power), which makes balance weird anyway.

So DethStalker was scum after all. That's good news, but I think YOLO's on the wrong track to look off his wagon exclusively. YOLO and BoomFrog voted him early on, but though YOLO at least thought DethStalker was scum, BoomFrog only mentioned him to say his vote was to get more content. BoomFrog later unvoted, trying to get something new going on Laser then me before getting back onto the DethStalker wagon. plytho then Sabrar then jimbob followed after that. Basically, YOLO and plytho were the only ones on that wagon who actually thought DethStalker was scum. No one actually pushed to get him lynched. It's not great.

I'm just going to start with this again until either BoomFrog fights me or Sabrar tells me why I'm wrong. :P

Vote BoomFrog
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 pm UTC

SDK wrote:My claim for bessie as town went down messier than I expected, so I didn't figure either of us would die.
Seriously? bessie is clearly the most townie among all lists.

SDK wrote:until either BoomFrog fights me or Sabrar tells me why I'm wrong.
I continue to suck at reading people so I'll definitely shut up about this.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:My claim for bessie as town went down messier than I expected, so I didn't figure either of us would die.
Seriously? bessie is clearly the most townie among all lists.

Could be true, but killing her confirms me (or at least that I'm telling the truth). No one considered you scum, and plenty considered you town. You're so active in this game too which makes you a prime target.

SDK wrote:until either BoomFrog fights me or Sabrar tells me why I'm wrong.
I continue to suck at reading people so I'll definitely shut up about this.[/quote]
You? Shut up? Now that's surprising. I'll still want to hear about it after BoomFrog and I beat each other bloody.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I'll still want to hear about it after BoomFrog and I beat each other bloody.
I have no problem with discussing it afterwards.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:EBWOP: just so that everyone has access to the same info: I did not use my 1-shot power N1 as my old self, mod can confirm if needed.

Confirmed
Image <-- Evil experiment

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I wouldn't lynch Bard, Laserguy, or GoP.
Why exclude these three? (Or two I guess since you think bard can be a target after all.)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I'm not saying it's impossible DethStalker was bussed. I do think it's very likely at least one of his partners was off the wagon. Jimbob, Sabrar, and bessie were all on it confirmed town leaving me, BoomFrog, and plytho as the early voters on his wagon.
Why is bessie confirmed town?
he him his

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 pm UTC

Hey guys, I work weekends, so I'll be a bit slow on the posting. I'll try to stay up to date as much as possible.

Glad we nailed scum on our first go-around! Unfortunate though that the scum team had someone so inexperienced and...yeah. Welp.

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:In any event, something rubs me the wrong way about the bessie confirmation,
Please explain this quote from the very start of the game in light of your own confirmation regarding LaserGuy. State if you cannot do so without going into details about your role/ability. Have you not considered the most likely od's words about there being duplicated roles?

The reason why I haven't jumped on SDK is because we are in a somewhat comparable situation to a degree, maybe. I'm not really sure what the exact details are surrounding his role pm.

The difference is that, contextually, Laserguy was being pushed by multiple routes. Bessie, on the other hand, had just come right out the gate with everyone else when SDK claimed.

That being said, I suspect I know why SDK claimed, but if it's what I think it is, it was not necessary at the time, but I don't know for sure. He could have claimed for an entirely different reason than I think.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:The day opens and I find myself most pleasantly surprised to be alive. I appreciate sincerely my most gracious retainer vouching on my behalf. My apologies for not returning more promptly at the twilight hours of last day: I had some technical difficulties connecting to the forums, and then retired for the night.

It seems that DethStalker was scum. I gather from his role PM that he was of the more mundane variety. I am most amused that one of his traits was misunderstood, and, I must admit, his performance of this part was peerless. I will ponder the deaths of jimbob and Sabrar for a spell, though I do note that both roles had some limitation against the type of foes that they could deal with.

Noted for posterity.

SDK wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Out of curiosity, did the similar scenario with Zyth/Gopher from last game come to mind when made this claim? It certainly did to me.

No, I didn't give any thought to that at all. Did you think I was trying to take advantage of that happening so recently or something?

That scenario had certainly crossed my mind, yes. We had talked a fair bit last game about how a scumteam could use a friendly neighbour claim to produce a confirmed townie, and the sort of advantage that could bring, so it had crossed my mind that you might have been attempting some sort of similar play to see if it would actually work. I'm not going to pretend that I understand your reasoning for outing bessie at the start of D1 at this point, but I'll admit I do feel quite better about the situation given that Bard apparently has similar information in his own role. Speaking of whom, I unfortunately have no countervailing information in support of Bard.

Regarding countervailing, I wouldn't expect you to. Let's just say our relationship is lopsided. XD

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 9:44 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Why exclude these three? (Or two I guess since you think bard can be a target after all.)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I'm not saying it's impossible DethStalker was bussed. I do think it's very likely at least one of his partners was off the wagon. Jimbob, Sabrar, and bessie were all on it confirmed town leaving me, BoomFrog, and plytho as the early voters on his wagon.
Nevermind.

With multiple scumteams, most of what I said prior is null. I still maintain that at least one of DethStalker's partners was off the wagon, but I can't take people out of the scumpool for lynching him because it could be another scum team.

Bessie and LaserGuy I wouldn't lynch because of SDK's and Bard's claims; I doubt they fabricate that.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 pm UTC

That reminds me, it's a long weekend here in Canada and I'm going backcountry camping. I may post again tonight, but otherwise...

V/LA until Tuesday, May 23.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 10:13 pm UTC

SDK wrote:That reminds me, it's a long weekend here in Canada and I'm going backcountry camping. I may post again tonight, but otherwise...

What exactly does v/la stand for? I get that you'll be away, I just don't understand the acronym. Also backcountry camping sounds cool, enjoy your trip!

I have another busy weekend ahead. I will be reading along on my phone and will probably respond to questions and things that ping me. Don't expect proper analysis/reads post before Monday. (that's going to be a pattern)
he him his

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 pm UTC

plytho wrote:What exactly does v/la stand for?

MafiaScum wrote:V/LA: Vacation/Limited Access

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:
plytho wrote:What exactly does v/la stand for?

MafiaScum wrote:V/LA: Vacation/Limited Access

Thanks.
he him his

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:I've never played with two mafia factions before. Is it possible that the two factions are different sizes (one with 2 members and one with 3)? And what are the chances we have third parties in addition to the two mafias?

I'm certainly not an expert but different sized scum faction seems quite reasonable. Maybe some balance experts could weigh in, but I think given the number of players 2-2 scum might be too few and 3-3 too many.

For some reason Gopher's town read on DethStalker keeps bugging me. Particularly the deflection towards bessie when I pushed him on it.

@Gopher: do you now think bessie is scum for being nice to DethStalker?

Umm... I don't understand the question? I don't know where I deflected towards bessie. Oh, talking about I'd be doing what bessie did? Not neccessarily. It's what I would do. Bessie seems a nice enough person to do it regardless of her alignment. Plus, she wasn't the only one trying to coach them. Bessie was mentioned simply because she was the most recent.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:
plytho wrote:

Nevermind.

With multiple scumteams, most of what I said prior is null. I still maintain that at least one of DethStalker's partners was off the wagon, but I can't take people out of the scumpool for lynching him because it could be another scum team.

Bessie and LaserGuy I wouldn't lynch because of SDK's and Bard's claims; I doubt they fabricate that.

SDK I could see fabricating that, or at lest twisting the truth enough. But that doesn't necessarily make them scum. I don't know about Bard.

Even assuming one scum team, your logic was pretty bad. There must be one scum amongst 9 players? Um, duh! I honestly don't think we'll get much from analysing who was on and off the wagon, due to the way dethstalker was acting.

SirGabriel wrote:
plytho wrote: It seems extremely likely now that we are indeed dealing with two scum factions: DethStalker's guild and some supernatural faction. I can't imagine jimbob getting a supernatural cop power to find a serial killer.

That's a good point. So I think we can safely assume two mafia factions.

I've never played with two mafia factions before. Is it possible that the two factions are different sizes (one with 2 members and one with 3)? And what are the chances we have third parties in addition to the two mafias?

It could be they are different sizes. Third parties would depend on the relative power for the factions, but with 2 scum factions, I would presume that they would be nominally town-aligned neutrals. The scum power revealed was a relatively weak one; Not as powerful as a ninja, but still allows a kill to go through.

We are also assuming that supernatural means scum. It may be possible that an indy or town may be supernatural. I doubt it (as that would essentially make one a miller), but its worth considering.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 20, 2017 1:20 am UTC

I think supernatural is definitely scum-adjacent.

Also, I suspect I may have been role blocked which is a bit of a shame.

I submitted my night action as a reply to a mod prod PM rather than its own PM so I'm wondering if mpolo missed it. I've PMed him to ask for confirmation that the action was received and processed.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 am UTC

I have no results to claim.

LaserGuy wrote:

Noted for posterity.
Methinks you recognize as well that Gopher of Pern is an abominable actor, one who does not deserve the lead role, which by all rights should have gone to me. But alas, though not the star, I have been granted the greater role, for Edmund is among the most vile of the Bard’s villains, and the challenge of so complex a role is more fitting an actor of my great ability.

Unvote

I agree with those who speculate two anti-town teams, perhaps of 2-2 or 2-3. The town powers that have been revealed do not seem to me all that powerful. Sabrar had a one-shot doctor ineffective against one type of attack, and jimbob had a one-shot cop for only one type of scum, but he also had a vote manipulation power that may have been quite useful. So the weakish town powers might fit with two small teams, as opposed to two teams of three, where I might expect stronger town powers. DethStalker did have an unlimited strongman kill though. The one shot powers make me think that we have duplicates of these powers, or perhaps a JoAT or inventor, because one-shot-with-limitations doctor and cop don’t seem to be enough.

Sabrar wrote:I don't understand why I was killed.
You need but read the play. Regan was poisoned because of her love for me me me of course. :mrgreen:

plytho wrote:For some reason Gopher's town read on DethStalker keeps bugging me. Particularly the deflection towards bessie when I pushed him on it.
You mean this?
Gopher of Pern wrote:Plytho, do you really think if dethstalker was my scumbuddy I'd defend him like this? I'd be more likely to do something like bessie, try to coach them into better play. Which, if dethstalker does get lynched and ends up being scum, will be very informative.
So Gopher of Pern, DethStalker is lynched and scum, do share any reads you may have as a result of this.

SDK, I need to think about you a while, so I’m not commenting on you yet. Except for this.
SDK wrote: I'll still want to hear about it after BoomFrog and I beat each other bloody.
Oh oh oh, this should be quite entertaining. I hope they duel in character. :D

DGames | Bard wrote:Glad we nailed scum on our first go-around! Unfortunate though that the scum team had someone so inexperienced and...yeah. Welp.
Well, I’m disappointed because we as a community try to help out new players, but he wasn’t even trying. Unfortunate for his team, because I think that with his strongman-type power he may have been on the smaller of the two speculated scum teams. Oh, and that reminds me, Madge, are you going to answer this?
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:Dethstalker (but I think likely town despite this, if replacements grow on trees I want him replaced)
They don't. We don't even have a replacement for the player that legitimately asked for one. Interesting how you've felt the need to mention this. And what justification do you think mpolo has for replacing him when he hasn't asked for a replacement? Why do you want him replaced and not Znirk, who as gone AWOL?

More later, I just got home. And I will be available this weekend.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 am UTC

bessie wrote:Methinks you recognize as well that Gopher of Pern is an abominable actor, one who does not deserve the lead role, which by all rights should have gone to me. But alas, though not the star, I have been granted the greater role, for Edmund is among the most vile of the Bard’s villains, and the challenge of so complex a role is more fitting an actor of my great ability.

Of course. Your skills are peerless. I am afraid I have never had the opportunity to see you perform as a villain, so I am most looking forward to your performance in such a dastardly role.

The one shot powers make me think that we have duplicates of these powers, or perhaps a JoAT or inventor, because one-shot-with-limitations doctor and cop don’t seem to be enough.

mpolo has already indicated that we should expect duplicates or near-duplicates of some powers.

One other trifling matter... in this post you made an odd parenthetical comment "Prepost edit. Hmm. Interesting, and not what I expected." What were you referring to here?

kalira wrote:Well, I heard the director wanted to go in a more risque direction and changed the casting last minute to make the Duke of Cornwall female.

You are most welcome! I have not had the pleasure of acting with you before. I know it is a bit of trouble, but do you think you could trouble us with a brief recapitulation of your thoughts on the first act before we start the second in earnest? It is difficult to fit a new member into the cast without knowing how they interpret our prior direction.

Madge wrote:OK guys here's my real crappy town to scum list. I don't like doing these, they're fully gut reads, but if I somehow end up dead (like scum would kill me, that would be cruel to have me suffer through d1 and never get to experience the joys of d2 with all its night results and wagons to analyse!!!!!), maybe it will help? I doubt it. Let's try it though.

I'm guessing from your earlier post today you don't have any night results to share. What do you think about how the lynch turned out? Or the players that flipped? Any updated reads to share?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:With multiple scumteams, most of what I said prior is null. I still maintain that at least one of DethStalker's partners was off the wagon, but I can't take people out of the scumpool for lynching him because it could be another scum team.

I'm not sure what to make of this and the preceding discussion by YOLOSWAG. He was the first person to propose two scumteams as an option, and several people immediately before and after his discussion about which wagons to look at likewise mention this possibility, so it is hard to believe that this shouldn't have been a consideration.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:39 am UTC

EBWOP: I will be away all day Saturday and most of Sunday.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat May 20, 2017 6:53 am UTC

Ok, I haveth arrived from work over yonder! Mreow! :3

So right now, I think Gopher is definitely the most suspicious; from what I can remember, he tried to alleviate pressure off of Dethstalker (calling him noob town) when I don't think that read was very justified. Of course, Dethstalker flipped scum, so the quick and easy explanation was that Gopher was trying to potentially save his partner.

It's either that, or he was misguided, so I will have to do another quick reread to see where he lies on the spectrum. I can't help but feel he is contributing fluff with his most recent posts though (he addresses a topic he finds interesting, but it's kind of null since the focus doesn't seem to be scum hunting). I'm leaning scum still, but I'll remain open-minded.

@Gopher, what's your general feel regarding the roster at this point? Who are the villainous scoundrels of our play, and whom are the saviors of grace? (I'm pretty much reiterating Bessie's question, so answering either of us would work for me.)

I'll be checking out other avenues well to see if I can draw a better picture of what's going on.

SDK wrote:That reminds me, it's a long weekend here in Canada and I'm going backcountry camping. I may post again tonight, but otherwise...

That sounds fun, now I want smores...

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat May 20, 2017 6:57 am UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Actually, Bard can go on the lynch list.

Hrrmmm, just curious, but what is your opinion on me turning Town away from Laserguy when his lynch was looking plausible? At the least, his lynch looked plausible to me at that juncture. Do you think it is possible that I am Dethstalker's partner? Or do you think it's possible that I am of the supernatural variant?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 20, 2017 6:59 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this and the preceding discussion by YOLOSWAG. He was the first person to propose two scumteams as an option, and several people immediately before and after his discussion about which wagons to look at likewise mention this possibility, so it is hard to believe that this shouldn't have been a consideration.
QFT.

@YOLOSWAG: you spent an awful lot of time on D1 talking about how DethStalker should be the lynch. What else did you do to help Town? Please explain in simple terms.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat May 20, 2017 6:59 am UTC

DGames | Bard wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Actually, Bard can go on the lynch list.

Hrrmmm, just curious, but what is your opinion on me turning Town away from Laserguy when his lynch was looking plausible? At the least, his lynch looked plausible to me at that juncture. Do you think it is possible that I am Dethstalker's partner? Or do you think it's possible that I am of the supernatural variant?

EBWOP: I'm asking how likely you think I am to be scum considering this, or if perhaps you still think I am up to no good regardless?

I won't say that me turning people away from Laserguy is 100% confirmation of me not being scum, but it does make me curious as to where your suspicions are substantiated.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 20, 2017 7:06 am UTC

bessie wrote:Oh, and that reminds me, Madge, are you going to answer this?
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:Dethstalker (but I think likely town despite this, if replacements grow on trees I want him replaced)
They don't. We don't even have a replacement for the player that legitimately asked for one. Interesting how you've felt the need to mention this. And what justification do you think mpolo has for replacing him when he hasn't asked for a replacement? Why do you want him replaced and not Znirk, who as gone AWOL?

More later, I just got home. And I will be available this weekend.

The reason I wanted dethstalker replaced is because I feel like it's not fair to mpolo and the rest of the players if a role is in the possession of someone who isn't even trying, you know? And that if someone doesn't seem to be trying, then it's not really something to lynch them over (OK, in this case it worked out, admittedly), it's where replacement would be more appropriate - again, if they grew on trees, which we know they don't.

Admittedly it might be a huge faux-pas for a mod to replace someone against their will, and in this case there's a risk that in the hypothetical situation where dethstalker gets replaced, he could potentially be mad and say "OH YEAH WELL I WAS MAFIA WITH BLANK AND BLANK" and ruin the game for everyone. But I was frustrated that someone seemed to so flagrantly be ignoring our attempts to help them.

Hope that answers the question.

~~~

anyway I got a reply back from mpolo: looks like I was roleblocked, or jailed or whatever and my action wasn't merely overlooked. It's OK though, I'm not a one-shot so I can just try again tomorrow.

----
I'm guessing from your earlier post today you don't have any night results to share. What do you think about how the lynch turned out? Or the players that flipped? Any updated reads to share?

Clearly I'm happy that dethstalker was scum, and sad that we lost two townies; I agree that we probably started at 2-2 scum, maybe with some sort of limited (e.g. odd/even or 1-2 shot) SK or other, less dangerous indie. No updated town-scum reads yet. I'm not great at interpreting posts so I tend to like looking at claims, results, etc.

GoP defending dethstalker is of course suspicious but I can't help but feel that in light of dethstalker's behaviour and refusal to engage with people, any scumbuddy(s) would raise their hands up in the air and decide that they're an SK. Then again - maybe they were hoping to get to N1 and see if they could shake some sense into him...
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat May 20, 2017 7:30 am UTC

My reads haven't changed as a result of the lynch. I believe I already said something to that effect. As I said, Dethstalker was distinctly unhelpful, I had them as neutral, if you recall my reads.

And bessie, please lay off with the insults re: my acting. I am but an inexperienced actor, indeed, this is the first time I have played a big part in any production.

Madge, who are you agreeing with re: 2/2 scum? Most people have said 2/3 scum?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Return to “Mafia”