Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Currently thinking of LaserGuy + Gopher of Pern + X as scum-team. GoP is much more aggressive as Town.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 am UTC

OK, I wasn't roleblocked last night - mpolo missed my action, but I got the result now.

N1 I was roleblocked (I can only assume - no result after targeting SDK, and SDK wasn't a commuter or anything), N2 I targeted someone and got a meaningless result (as in, the result gave no information that wasn't common knowledge, I don't want to be specific because I don't want to let scum know what my power is).

N3 I actually got some information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's also not completely useless. It's more useful after claims (if any) though as it could contradict someone. Won't breadcrumb it. If we decide not to claim today I'll reveal the information I got.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:08 am UTC

As for why scum would block me N1 - not a clue. Just went back and I didn't hint at having a night action until I was L.IVID on D2.

I was scummy D1 so I actually kind of assumed it was a town roleblocker who got me, and maybe my whining meant that I got results N2 and now N3 because the townie decided to let me have a crack at it (and, I mean, there were two kills N1 so even if I was scum, I wasn't doing the kill).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09 am UTC

As long as there are several people online, let's discuss if we should claim today. I say yes, we need to make informed decisions. As said before scum has only 1 kill available (plus a potential RB) so claiming does not carry the usual disadvantages any more.

Would like to see following claim-order:
LaserGuy
Gopher of Pern
plytho
Madge
dimochka
kalira
SirGabriel

Slot me in anywhere you want after plytho.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:22 am UTC

I'm happy with that claim order.

I'm not fussed when you claim, Sabrar, as long as it's before SirG. I'll defer to tohers for specifics.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:41 am UTC

I'm fine with claiming and I can live with that claim order. I'd like SirG to have a say in it before we get going though. Sabrar I'd like to see after Madge and dimochka.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 am UTC

I like Sabrar's claim order. Sabrar can claim right before me.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:23 am UTC

Let’s read LaserGuy.

This is an early post by LaserGuy where he mentions he likes how Gopher is reading SDK as scummy too. I’m not sure this makes sense for a buddy.

D1 LaserGuy makes a comment on Madge at the bottom of this post that could be him trying to distance himself from his buddy.

LaserGuy’s first reads list.

LaserGuy wrote:dimockha - Minimal content until today. I am curious about the meaning of this comment in his most recent post.
Vote GoP because he's a terrible father.

Unlike some of the other lurky players, dimochka at least made a solid effort to engage the thread and report reads on his return. Neutral pending more content.

freezeblade - Minimal content until today. I am troubled by the fact that given his fairly extended absence from the game, the first post upon his return is this one, where he muses vaguely about the setup. Considering that we are nearing the twilight of D1, this is surely cannot not the most important matter that you wish to raise upon your return to play. Leaning scum.

Gopher of Pern - The focus on voting mechanics was inappropriate for a townie, but my gut read is that he was just misguided here. I think he's likely town, mostly on meta at this point.

Madge - Absent for much of D1. I seem to recall from an earlier game that Madge has a reputation for low content D1 on the whole. Only one real post with content, and, much like freezeblade, I am struck by how little content is actually provided here upon her return, and which topics in particular are of interest. A third of the post is fluff. A third is stating how she will not speculate on voting powers or kills. The final third is a repetition of some earlier arguments re: SDK/bessie, DethStalker and SirGabriel. Are these really the most important things that you need to address at this stage of D1? Who is town? Who is scum? This post feels rather active lurky and does not reflect well on Madge. Leaning scum.

plytho - Light content for IRL reasons. Feels like plytho so far. Will reserve judgment until I see more content.

SirGabriel - Content looks okay. Both this post and this post look very townie to me. Town-to-scum list seems reasonable. Likely town.

Znirk - Not enough content to really comment at this point. I'll say neutral for now because at least his one useful post was a decent reads list.


LaserGuy’s filtered town to scum D1:
Town
LaserGuy
plytho
Gopher
SirGabriel
dimochka
freezeblade
Madge
Scum
Please replace Znirk

D2 Has LaserGuy focusing on bessie. I noticed two things from this post. There’s kalira asking about LaserGuy’s unvoting of Znirk D1 (which was because of the OMGUS vote). This could be genuine, but it could also be a scum play, trying to look disconnected. The other thing is bessie noticing there’s a lot in common between Gopher and LaserGuy’s posts about here (bessie’s post here.

D2 reads list here

Filtered:
LaserGuy wrote:dimochka: Reads are concise and seem well thought out. Low content is still a problem here though. This night kill analysis in the spoiler of this post seems very garbled to me and feels like a lot of wine. Going to leave him as neutral, needs to post more.

freezeblade/kalira: D1 content is very light, and I feel that the bits that freezeblade did manage to contribute seem to be focused on very trivial matters. It's possible that this is a symptom of his IRL issues that made him unable to participate, I suppose.

kalira is so far still working her way through the early content. Most of what I see looks very good so far, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of what she's written. Marking as townie for the moment.


Gopher of Pern: I did a recent reread of him in response to bessie here. Scum lean.

Madge: Madge's D1 content looks pretty scummy. This reads list makes no sense at all to me, and basically has a neutral read down on nearly everyone, including some of her scum picks and her townies.

I feel on the whole like she's disclosing too much information about her abilities unnecessarily. This, and a few other things she's mentioned, though, strike me more as towntells. Going to mark her as neutral pending further content.


plytho: D1/early D2 content looks pretty decent. His poking at Gopher regarding DethStalker felt townie, and he was the only person who followed up on Gopher's comment about DethStalker lynch being "very informative" if he flipped scum. [ninja]I see that bessie also followed up on this.[/ninja]

In his reads list, there's a couple of things I find a bit suspect:
-He marks both SDK and bessie as possibly town-aligned indies. This characterization both seems rather specific and rather unjustified. What about their behaviour makes him believe that they are independents? Are they connected town-aligned indies?
-He reads YOLO's D2 shenanigans as townie.
-He doesn't see why Town!Madge would volunteer extra information about her role, but Town!Carlington did exactly the same thing last game (though I'm not sure how much he was following along after he died).

I'd like to hear some more about these matters. Marking as slight scum lean for now.


Znirk/Sabrar: Znirk's D1 content is essentially null. On a couple of reads he dropped comments of the "I will explain later", which unfortunately, now he can't. Sabrar has no additional info here. Fine.

D2, he spends a lot of time analyzing the night kills. Claims to have been intentionally avoiding getting involved in some of the brewing conflicts, which is interesting, though he's spent his time productively following up other leads. His reads list looks quite similar to my own, and I agree with his case against YOLO. Town lean.

SirGabriel: A lot of people picked up on this post as being scummy for him not considering other options re: SDK/bessie, but I think for the most part his explanation, follow-up, and conclusion here don't seem to stand out as problematic to me.

His analysis post, looks okay. Forgetting that Bard confirmed me as town seems a bit strange.

Town lean for now, needs to post more.


Town
LaserGuy
freezeblade/kalira
Znirk/Sabrar
SirGabriel
Madge
dimochka
plytho
Gopher
Scum


This is another interesting post. There’s kalira asking an good question. But more interesting is LaserGuy’s reference to Gopher. LaserGuy asked Bard if Gopher was also mentioned in his pm in this post. I’m not sure he would do that if Gopher was a buddy.

D3: LaserGuy agrees with Madge that YOLO’s list isn’t all that important.

Here’s another interesting post. Notable quotes:

LaserGuy wrote:Madge is looking pretty scummy today. I think I'd be happy with her lynch, except there's one specific thing that she commented on D2 that pretty strongly pointed to her being non-scum. SK is possible, I guess, though her complaining about being roleblocked feels genuine to me.

LaserGuy wrote:plytho's read on Madge is quite good and mostly agrees with my thinking, save for the caveat noted above.

LaserGuy wrote:Madge continues to look scummy. Making a note to reread her in full.
LaserGuy wrote:dimochka posts! Read of GoP feels kind of incomplete. Most of what dimochka mentions about GoP is basically D1 content. Doesn't really talk much about anything Gopher has done since. Read of Madge looks fine. He's promised more content. Hope he delivers, as he does have a tendency to make these sort of promises and then not follow through. Also curious about the night result he mentioned.

Right now, I think my preferred lynches are Madge, plytho, dimochka.


LaserGuy doesn’t seem to want to see Madge as scummy but can’t avoid it? It sounds a bit like scum trying to avoid bussing a teammate. This post is also the first one where I notice some attention for dimochka.

That town tell LaserGuy had on Madge has been bugging me for a while now. It’s a decent tell and I couldn’t figure out why a townie wouldn’t disclose what it was. Now I’m trying to figure out why scum!LaserGuy didn’t. If Madge is townie this makes sense. LaserGuy would like to keep suspicious Madge in the lynch pool and wouldn’t want to give her any townie points. But why mention the town tell at all? If Madge is LaserGuy’s buddie LaserGuy might have been trying to give her some townie points while she was under suspicion. Maybe he wanted to keep that tell around in order to use it at a more critical time?

Suddenly a vote for kalira. I wonder what the reasoning there is. The explanation given is pure wine. More distancing? There’s no way LaserGuy is going to get a mislynch here. I don’t really think kalira is scum. This is most likely an attempt to get some focus on kalira.

Going in my top suspects were Madge, Gopher and dimochka. (kalira's push for lynching LaserGuy instead of Bard last night really didn't feel like a bus.) After this post I'm not really any closer. Some of the interactions between LaserGuy and Madge and LaserGuy and Gopher could be suspicious but I can usually see them being town as well. There's almost no reference to dimochka in LaserGuy's posts which could mean he's avoiding his buddy.
My hope is someone else can get some better info out of this effort.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 am UTC

I don't know why everyone is trusting Sabrar's list.

Frankly, I'd like kalira to say something before any claims are made.

I'd like Sabrar to claim ASAP after Laserguy. Don't particularly care if its after me or not.

You are all trusting him too much.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:43 am UTC

@Gopher of Pern: feel free to make your case against me. Who are my supposed scum-buddies?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:14 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Maybe I haven't decided who I want to lynch yet? I haven't looked too closely into Laserguy yet. I had a good feeling about them in day2, and ignored them yesterday in favour of a Bard lynch, so I've yet to address that. It was just the point kalira made yesterday, which stood out to me, as it was almost the exact same point I made in day 2, only with, I believe, much less reason behind it. I was pointing that out, to see what people thought. Instead, you ask a non-sequitur. I wonder why?


I don't see the situations as the same, because in my mind, there was much MORE reason behind my argument. People, including our dead townsfolk, had been reading LaserGuy as scummy throughout the game. They had not done the same with bessie. Multiple people, yourself included, were reading Bard as scum on D3. If you weren't reading him as scum, I'm curious why you would have voted for him. Importantly, however, the situations were also different BECAUSE of that conversation on D2. Bard read the same thing we all did, so he might have figured that his claiming unrequited lovers with LG and claiming LG was confirmed town in Bard's role PM might keep him relatively safe from the lynch.

I still maintain that the best move was to lynch LG yesterday. He was reading scummy, so was Bard, and once again we're having to discuss LG in the lynch slot. If you were convinced enough of Bard's scumminess yesterday, and you knew that you were going to push for LG's lynch if Bard flipped scum (again, because LG has read scummy to many throughout the game), it makes no sense from a town perspective to not have taken advantage of the potential for killing off two scum, aside from being too afraid to lynch someone most people, including those killed off by scum!LG's faction, have been reading as scummy. The fact that it seems like nobody seems to feel like townies have been killed because some of their reads are good is frustrating. From my perspective, the only way that lynching LG could have gone sour for us there was if LG and Bard were BOTH town, which again, AFAIR nobody was reading both of them as town.

FoS on GoP for "not looking too closely" at LG when he knew there was potential for killing off more than one scum in a single lynch. I'm fine with you thinking that Bard was scum; heck, I'm even okay with you thinking Bard was town and voting to lynch him in order to prove LG is also town. What I'm not fine with is you knowing that Bard was potentially unrequited lovers with another player and literally in your own words "ignoring" that other player.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:46 pm UTC

kalira wrote:The fact that it seems like nobody seems to feel like townies have been killed because some of their reads are good is frustrating.
It took me a while to parse that sentence. You're frustrated because you think townies are getting killed because of their reads (specifically on LaserGuy) and surviving townies don't take that into account when determining who to lynch. As a result we're at 5-3 now instead of 5-2.

I understand what you're saying and I agree that in retrospect it wouldn't have been a bad play. I personally thought there was still a small chance for both of them to be town and didn't want to take the risk because the result would have been devastating as we could have lost 4 townies in one night (2 lovers and 2 nightkills). So the high risk, high reward play had as best outcome 5-2 and as worst outcome 2-1-3 or 3-1-2, with town in a terrible position.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:47 pm UTC

Also, hey, I'm in your sig :D
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:57 pm UTC

kalira wrote:The fact that it seems like nobody seems to feel like townies have been killed because some of their reads are good is frustrating.

1. Townies can make mistakes. I was wrong about jimbob. SDK was wrong about BoomFrog. BoomFrog was wrong about who YOLOSWAG's last team-member was.
2. There might be other factors in play. This was my updated D1 list. I was killed by Guild with my 3 most scummiest players not being Guild (possibly to make a push against jimbob D2). SDK might have been killed because scum knew he was Doctor.

With that said bessie's list might easily be the reason why she was killed by supernatural scum (having both LaserGuy and Gopher of Pern in her bottom 3).

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

kalira wrote:I still maintain that the best move was to lynch LG yesterday.

Had we known that both scum-teams started with 3 members I would agree with you. However the general consensus was a 3-2 setup which would have allowed us a mislynch even if get unlucky N3 as well. Also Bard's role-pm could have theoretically said that LaserGuy was indeed Town (even if Bard himself was scum). Anyway this is all moot now.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:22 pm UTC

As far as claims go, I'd prefer to go after plytho, since I do have a N3 result on him. I don't mind going first though since my result is not likely to be significant.

I think SirGabriel should pick the order in its entirety.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:08 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I think SirGabriel should pick the order in its entirety.

He did, here:
SirGabriel wrote:I like Sabrar's claim order. Sabrar can claim right before me.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Okay, I may as well just go so we can move along and have some time to actually discuss something before the end of the day. As I said, my claim is not that helpful anyway.

I'm a one-shot tracker. I targeted plytho last night and he didn't visit anyone.
My other abilities, you already know, are the posting restriction chatterbox (overly verbose posts) and the trait vengeful (automatic OMGUS voting).

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm UTC

@LaserGuy: did your Tracker ability have any restrictions or limitations? Also why did you decide to use your ability N3 and why did you target plytho?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:39 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: did your Tracker ability have any restrictions or limitations? Also why did you decide to use your ability N3 and why did you target plytho?


Standard tracker, one-shot.

I wanted to hold off as long as possible to use my ability. It didn't (still doesn't) seem that useful to me, so I figured I'd have the best chance of getting some sort of worthwhile result with a smaller pool of players.

I did a reread over the night of everyone, and for plytho, I kept coming back to this post, which I found very troubling. It was a toss-up between him and kalira, and plytho looks worse, I think.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:01 pm UTC

Thank you. There is an obvious reason why I don't believe your claim but we can talk about it later.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:18 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Thank you. There is an obvious reason why I don't believe your claim but we can talk about it later.


That it doesn't specifically target one side or the other? Yes, I did notice that seemed a bit weird given some of the other flips we've seen.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 pm UTC

Yep, that would be it.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 pm UTC

Kalira, I wasn't reading Laserguy as particularly scummy at the time. I was reading Bard as scummy. There is also the fact that if Bard was scum, we couldn't believe what he was saying. While it would have been a (maybe) good move in retrospect, it was still a very risky move at the time.

I'll go next I suppose. I'm going to die tonight now.

I am a Supernatural cop. I copped YOLO N1, and Boomfrog N2. Both coming up as non-supernatural. Hence why I was so sure YOLO was not supernatural scum day2. I am not revealing who I copped last night yet.

Sabrar, I still think you are probably town. But blindly following you...it reeks. If I were scum, I would have killed you off by now (well, twice).

Thinking on it more and more, I don't think Sabrar's point about the setup is correct. There are way too many changes for that to be the base setup.

Sabrar, why did you point out the obvious flaw?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:38 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:I am not revealing who I copped last night yet.
I hope you plan to do this before night.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I'll go next I suppose. I'm going to die tonight now.
Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar, I still think you are probably town. But blindly following you...it reeks. If I were scum, I would have killed you off by now (well, twice).

Let's go into that huge wifom territory tomorrow if we're both still alive. :D

Gopher of Pern wrote:Thinking on it more and more, I don't think Sabrar's point about the setup is correct. There are way too many changes for that to be the base setup.
I think the setup as starting point is correct, mpolo just added his own flavor.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar, why did you point out the obvious flaw?
To get a reaction.

@plytho: you're next

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:20 am UTC

@Gopher of Pern: please paraphrase for me how your role-pm describes your ability. I have a good reason to ask for this.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:24 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I am not revealing who I copped last night yet.
I hope you plan to do this before night.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I'll go next I suppose. I'm going to die tonight now.
Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar, I still think you are probably town. But blindly following you...it reeks. If I were scum, I would have killed you off by now (well, twice).

Let's go into that huge wifom territory tomorrow if we're both still alive. :D

Gopher of Pern wrote:Thinking on it more and more, I don't think Sabrar's point about the setup is correct. There are way too many changes for that to be the base setup.
I think the setup as starting point is correct, mpolo just added his own flavor.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar, why did you point out the obvious flaw?
To get a reaction.

@plytho: you're next


If mpolo did use it as a starting point, he deviated from it significantly.We have masons and lots of different voting restrictions. It's not impossible.

And what did the reaction tell you?

I'm sure you do. But as I currently do not trust you, until I see a good reason from you, I must decline.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:31 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:And what did the reaction tell you?
Unfortunately nothing conclusive.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I'm sure you do. But as I currently do not trust you, until I see a good reason from you, I must decline.
I'm also Cop. Need to check whether our supposed pm-s have similar content to verify something.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:04 am UTC

I’m a regular doctor (not for supernatural kills).

I protected SirGabriel N1, Sabrar N2 and SirGabriel again N3.

The only way LaserGuy's claim might make sense if he's telling the truth and I was blocked or he was redirected to someone who didn't visit anyone. Otherwise he's lying.

I also have a vote restriction. I'm confident: this means once I choose a target to vote for I cannot change my mind (no unvoting).
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:13 am UTC

Madge wrote:I'm happy with that claim order.
Hey Madge, please claim before going to bed. :)

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 am UTC

I was going to hold off since I don't go to bed for 4+ hours, but I'll just hold off on my N3 result.

I'm a tracker. According to my role PM and a bit of back and forth with mpolo, I can see everything except non-supernatural kills. Unless there are STILL people from the actors guild alive, I might at this point effectively be a full tracker.

I targeted bessie N2 and she didn't go anywhere; given she's a dead vanilla mason, that was pretty obvious information hence me saying my result was useless.

I have a result on someone visiting someone else N3. I'm going to leave that till tomorrow.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:32 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I'm sure you do. But as I currently do not trust you, until I see a good reason from you, I must decline.
I'm also Cop. Need to check whether our supposed pm-s have similar content to verify something.

Is there any reason you claimed out of order?

Madge wrote:I was going to hold off since I don't go to bed for 4+ hours, but I'll just hold off on my N3 result.
Why would you hold off? You were next in line. What would you wait for?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 am UTC

Because I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to read a list -_-. Sorry.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:57 am UTC

I'm fine with Gopher holding off his N3 cop result. I'm not fine with Madge doing the same with her tracker result. It's easy to claim you saw something after someone else told you about it.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:04 am UTC

But then scum can make sure they claim something consistent with my claim. It depends whether you think I or {my mysterious target} is scummy.

Also, because scum doesn't know if I targeted them or not (barring reciprocal tracking I guess?), all scum have to be careful about their claim if I claim at/near the end, rather than just my target.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:04 am UTC

Madge wrote:But then scum can make sure they claim something consistent with my claim. It depends whether you think I or {my mysterious target} is scummy.


EBWOP

Above should be "I or {my mysterious target} is MORE scummy".
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am UTC

OH AND ONE MORE THING

I think the cop result, given it's probably a non-scum result or GoP would have been claiming at the start of the Day to lead the lynch, is better to claim right away - don't see any advantage in GoP withholding his result since you can't catch someone in a lie with a cop result.

(actually now I think about it, you can - you can catch a tracker or watcher. If he targeted player X last night, and someone claims they watched player X and nobody visited, then you can catch GoP in a lie - or catch the watcher in a lie, depending on your POV. again I guess it all depends on who is found scummier by consensus... now I'm overthinking it).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:11 am UTC

plytho wrote:Is there any reason you claimed out of order?
Yes, I was hoping Gopher of Pern would be online and reply. Didn't want to leave it until my turn because the different time-zones might have caused it not to be answered in time.

plytho wrote:I'm fine with Gopher holding off his N3 cop result. I'm not fine with Madge doing the same with her tracker result. It's easy to claim you saw something after someone else told you about it.
Suppose town!Madge tracked scum!Gopher, in that case we want Gopher to claim first. That's precisely why there is an ordered list so that the more scummy looking players should be the first to claim.
In an ideal world we could have done two iterations of claims, first going round the table claiming just the ability and in the second one claiming the actual results (in same order). Unfortunately we are pressed for time, however I'm okay with Madge claiming her result later.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:16 am UTC

Madge wrote:OH AND ONE MORE THING

I think the cop result, given it's probably a non-scum result or GoP would have been claiming at the start of the Day to lead the lynch, is better to claim right away - don't see any advantage in GoP withholding his result since you can't catch someone in a lie with a cop result.

(actually now I think about it, you can - you can catch a tracker or watcher. If he targeted player X last night, and someone claims they watched player X and nobody visited, then you can catch GoP in a lie - or catch the watcher in a lie, depending on your POV. again I guess it all depends on who is found scummier by consensus... now I'm overthinking it).


Maybe I was seeing how the game goes first?

But no, I got a town result. On Madge. So I wouldn't mind her claiming her result later.

Sabrar, I'm not going to give you that information now.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Madge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:19 am UTC

Just to tie this in a neat little bow, I tracked GoP visiting me.

That's why I figured he wouldn't mind me claiming after him, since he'd know my alignment.

Can't have scum who have yet to claim quaking in their boots that I might have targeted them and claim accordingly but eh, you can't have everything can you and I'm probably going to leave the computer now and study.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests