Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mpolo

Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

Postby mpolo » Thu May 11, 2017 1:01 pm UTC

Shakespeare Mafia III

KENT

I thought the king had more affected the Duke of Albany than Cornwall.

GLOUCESTER

It did always seem so to us: but now, in the division of the kingdom, it appears not which of the dukes he values most; for equalities are so weighed, that curiosity in neither can make choice of either's money.

DIRECTOR

Cut! Cut! That's "moiety", not money! I have no idea what it means, either, but we can't just go changing Shakespeare!

Shrieks heard offstage.

DIRECTOR

What now?

Standard Rules
Spoiler:
1. Do not talk about the game outside of this thread, apart from a properly labeled spoiler in the discussion thread.
2. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
3. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
4. You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
5. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
6. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
7. You may not edit your posts.
8. You may not play to lose, act in a way that is clearly against your win condition or ruin the game for other players.
9. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
10. Please make an effort to include me on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
11. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let me know.
12. This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.

Game-Specific rules:
Spoiler:
1. We are aiming for a day-night cycle per week. With the large number of players, that may not be realistic, so feel free to ask for extensions if needed.
2. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the mod posts a day-end post or a hammer vote is cast. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
3. If you have questions, either post them in bold in this thread, or PM me.
4. As this is a closed(ish) setup, you may not get answers to your questions but the mod will never lie.
5. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so. You must CC me in all PMs.
6. Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
7. The night cycle will be shorter than the day cycle. No one has Day Chat.
8. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignment and roles of all players killed since the previous day phase.
9. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
10. A tied vote at day end will result in a 24-hour extension. If a tie is still present after 24 hours, there will be no lynch.
11. You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results. If your character is specified as having to vote for a person for any reason, a no-lynch vote does NOT satisfy that requirement.
12. Every ability in the game is either standard or a minor variation of an otherwise standard ability (I tried to provide flavor justification for it as well). There are no hidden aspects to any of the roles. There are no alignment-changing mechanisms, no listening or spoiler-reading roles. There is a lot of vote manipulation, though.

Flavor:
Spoiler:
The roles you have received are completely randomized, as are the powers. The groupings of factions were also completely randomized, though some powers were guaranteed to go with a certain faction. As a result, I have not provided "safe claims". Some powers may be duplicated, or be copied as a one-shot version of the same power.

You are encouraged to use a few of your character's lines in your posts where it feels reasonable to do so. There are some suggested role-playing "restrictions" that are intended to add to the fun. I'm not planning on policing them. One source for the full text of King Lear is http://shakespeare.mit.edu/lear/full.html.

Usage of flowery speech and iambic pentameter is fully optional.

There's probably going to be some chaos in this setup, but I count on you all to help me along there.

In the mod texts, I will be using the appropriate pronoun for your role, not your correct pronoun as a person.

Players:

1. Sabrar as Regan — Killed N1: one-shot doctor
2. Znirk Sabrar as a Servant: Killed N5: Cop
3. freezeblade kalira as the Duke of Cornwall
4. SDK as Edgar – Killed N3: Wizard
5. SirGabriel as the Earl of Gloucester: Killed N4: Mason
6. Gopher of Pern as King Lear: Lynched D5: Seer
7. Madge as Oswald
8. BoomFrog as The Fool — Killed N2: Tracker
9. plytho as Goneril
10. DethStalker as the Duke of Burgundy — Lynched D1: Guild unroleblockable
11. dimochka as Cordelia
12. bessie as Edmund — Killed N2: Mason
13. jimbobmacdoodle as an Officer — Killed N1: one-shot seer
14. #HBC | YOLOSWAG as the Doctor — Lynched D2: Guild roleblocker
15. LaserGuy as the King of France — Lynched D4: Phantom roleblocker
16. DGames | Bard as the Earl of Kent — Lynched D3: Guild goon
Last edited by mpolo on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:17 pm UTC, edited 14 times in total.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III (pregame)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 1:08 pm UTC

Confirm.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Thu May 11, 2017 1:12 pm UTC

Bold gentlemen, and ladies fair, I can
Confirm a Private Message hath arrivèd.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 1:19 pm UTC

Confirm.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 11, 2017 1:20 pm UTC

Confirm
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu May 11, 2017 1:20 pm UTC

Confirm.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm UTC

Confirm
he him his

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 11, 2017 2:12 pm UTC

Confirm.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 pm UTC

The part of Edgar shall be played by none other than myself. Truly, there has ne'er before been one as handsome as I, yet they cast me in this beggar's cloth!? Travesty, as you yourself can see I feel sure. But the gods are just, and justice shall prevail against these madmen who wish nothing more than to tear this performance down! That's something yet. 'Edgar' I nothing am. Yet I will play my part, to the benefit of the play. I do more than simply promise - I confirm it.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 2:35 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Confirm
Tsk, tsk.

Doth this actor know not his lines? He hath forgot to emphasize the period in this line, forsaking the finality with which it was meant to be delivered.

My time is precious. I shan't tolerate anything less than perfection from the lot of you.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 2:44 pm UTC

I would like to very happily take this opportunity to confirm my receipt of my role PM and further take the opportunity to confirm my confirmation of that confirmation.

I feel it is important at this time to also thank our wonderful moderator mpolo for hosting this game and writing such exciting roles for each of us. I am very pleased to be the king of France as it will give me the opportunity to practice speaking French et je suis tellement heureux pour avoir ce chance.

We should also welcome our new faces, the honorable Dethstalker and DGames, who I am greatly pleased to have he opportunity to join us. Bonjour et bonne chance a vous deux. Please let us know your preferred pronouns of choice whether he or she or otherwise. As well, welcome to returning members, friends and goes alike. I look forward to engaging with you all.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 11, 2017 3:38 pm UTC

Confirming!

Monsieur Laser Guy, King of France?! Oui oui, you did have a...je ne sais quois about you. Anyway, to address your question:

I am a gentleman and a scholar, and I hail from the lands of DGamesia (colloquially known as Decisive Games of Smashboards). My usual tag is just "Bard" or "Bardull," which coincides with my last name as well as my appreciation for written and spoken verbiage (if it tickles your fancy to phrase it that way).

A pleasure to meet you and everyone else on this fine Thursday excursion!

mpolo

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby mpolo » Thu May 11, 2017 4:16 pm UTC

Stage opens on two dead bodies. Plytho is screaming.

PLYTHO

They're dead! Look at Gojoe there! His hair is totally white, like he died of fright!

Enter company and director.

DIRECTOR

This is a disaster! Who's going to play Oswald? Understudy! You've been promoted!

SDK

But Sungura seems to have been strangled. She was playing Lady #3.

DIRECTOR

Forget the bit parts. Opening night is in five minutes. The show must go on. Places, everyone!

There are only four unread PMs, so I'm starting this.

16 alive, 9 to lynch.

Tentative deadline: Tuesday evening

Votals:

DethStalker (1): no votes
Gopher of Pern (1): bessie

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 11, 2017 4:17 pm UTC

*a-hem*
How now, my noble friend! since I came hither,
Which I can call but now, I have heard strange news.

[ninja here] Wait, sorry, it seems I have missed my queue! I just get so excited over this sort of Shakespearean drama, even if it's historical (especially if it's historical).
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu May 11, 2017 4:19 pm UTC

This is ridiculous. Why are we talking about those newbie actors whose experience probably includes their 5th grade Aladdin play. Really, we should be talking about me here. Now that I've confirmed my attendance, I expect everyone to pay attention to my graceful, award-worthy performance. Let's not forget who the real star here is.

Edit: Ah, we're starting practice. Well in that case, let's make sure we realize that none of you matter one bit.

Vote dimochka
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm UTC

Vote: freezeblade

He's got a scummy D1 meta and will be suspected anyway. Let's just skip the formalities and lynch him now. Besides, I'd prefer being a widow.

On a more serious note our scum team is most definitely jimbob+YOLOSWAG+SirGabriel who coordinated in scum chat before confirming.

On a really serious note I'm eagerly awaiting bessie's analysis on DGames, LaserGuy, SDK, YOLOSWAG and Znirk.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 4:43 pm UTC

Vote Bard

My eyes hath seen two members of our production citing a "ninja preview" of sorts. While I appreciate their diligence in not speaking out of turn, I have hope that we reach a point where there is no risk of us interrupting each other. This play deserves nothing but the best and I shall ensure only the best is presented for our audience.

I do believe I have acted with Bard in several plays before this one in my homeland. Hello good sir, pleasant to see you again.

@DethStalker

Hath you acted in plays before?

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:On a more serious note our scum team is most definitely jimbob+YOLOSWAG+SirGabriel who coordinated in scum chat before confirming.

Vote: Sabrar

Because clearly he's scum trying to make himself look townie by acting like he didn't know about the "No one has Day Chat" rule.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Vote: freezeblade

He's got a scummy D1 meta and will be suspected anyway. Let's just skip the formalities and lynch him now. Besides, I'd prefer being a widow.

On a more serious note our scum team is most definitely jimbob+YOLOSWAG+SirGabriel who coordinated in scum chat before confirming.

On a really serious note I'm eagerly awaiting bessie's analysis on DGames, LaserGuy, SDK, YOLOSWAG and Znirk.
The fair Madam Sabrar hath suggested that I am both scum and need to be analyzed in this opening act, yet has elected to vote the notorious Blade of Ice instead. She is clearly torn as to where her affection lies.

Sabrar, thou doth break my heart.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 5:08 pm UTC

Regarding Gabriel's post, quick question to regulars here: is scum daychat a rarity? It's common where I'm from.

btw Sabrar when I said "she" it's only in regards to your character, I'm aware you're a male. I will probably end up calling people their real gender now that I think about it for the sake of avoiding confusion.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 pm UTC

Daychat is not uncommon, but Nightchat only is more common in general.

Sabrar wrote:On a really serious note I'm eagerly awaiting bessie's analysis on DGames, LaserGuy, SDK, YOLOSWAG and Znirk.

Are you asking this because bessie is town? Because she is. Good to know that someone else got that confirmation in their role PM too.

Speaking of role PM's, I'm just going to say this now: I have never received a more scummy town role PM. And I've been a Miller more than once (though I am not a Miller now).
mpolo wrote:The roles you have received are completely randomized, as are the powers. The groupings of factions were also completely randomized, though some powers were guaranteed to go with a certain faction. As a result, I have not provided "safe claims". Some powers may be duplicated, or be copied as a one-shot version of the same power.
I think this will keep me safe when it comes time to claiming, but I just wanted to get that out of the way.

So! Since I've got confirmation of one townie and apparently someone else got the same, I'll just follow his lead in this first act.

Vote Freezeblade.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 11, 2017 5:17 pm UTC

PS: Two deaths in the opening flavor is interesting. Seem to have very different methods of killing as well.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 5:30 pm UTC

Probably two scumteams. The flavor and mpolo's language of "groupings of FACTIONS" points to this too. Also, a strong power like bessie being confirmed town would support such a setup.

Regarding the kills, I see fright and strangulation. I see no reason to assume they operate differently from a mechanical point of view at the moment though.

Also bessie's confirmed town? Cool, though I would have preferred a player who's less obviously innocent when town, heh.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 6:31 pm UTC

There are a few things of passing interest that I am surprised have not been noted.

Firstly, I see that two votes were cast at days beginning. One from bessie on Gopher, the other unknown to Dethstalker. Surely this deserves some comment for it suggests some nefarious forces at work.

Second, I find SDK's assertion of bessie to be town to be most alarming, as it will require some heroic effort to keep her alive if this claim is true.

Third, I am further suspicious of this matter because I rather suspect that Sabrar was referring to bessie's well-known proclivity to analyse confirmation posts for scum, not in fact due to a confirmation of bessie's townie status. I am eager of the opinion that Sabrar has more tact.

Fourth, I am deeply suspicious of all who only spoke confirm as their confirmation post as such matters are not at all in keeping in the spirit of the thing. I'd vote you all had the ability.

Fifth, I am curious as to what Ser YOLO means by the ninja preview and wish to hear more s'il vous plait.

Sixth, I feel it important to let everyone know that I will case many votes and all votes I cast are serious. But some are more serious than others. This is of the latter kind.

Vote SDK

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 6:34 pm UTC

And seventh I wish to apologize for the innumerable typographicam errors that I will undoubtedly make. I am still abroad and must write only briefly by phone, and thus cannot fully articulate myself as I would like. I shall give you all my proper attention upon my return on Monday.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Because clearly he's scum trying to make himself look townie by acting like he didn't know about the "No one has Day Chat" rule.
SirGabriel is clearly scum by pretending that the time before the mod starts the game (commonly known as N0) is somehow considered Day for any purpose.

@YOLOSWAG: mpolo usually doesn't give daychat (see FAC668 and Shakespeare 1-2). No worries about the pronoun thing, I guessed the reason.

SDK wrote:Are you asking this because bessie is town? Because she is. Good to know that someone else got that confirmation in their role PM too.
Nope, but it's interesting to see your reaction to that.

In other news I expect to be extremely busy until Sunday and will probably not have the opportunity to phone-post during the day. I expect to make it up during the evenings and be on full-swing from Monday on.

Ninja'd: apparently joke votes are a thing of the past
Unvote
Vote: YOLOSWAG

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 6:42 pm UTC

EBWOP: I tried to keep in character in the previous Shakespeare game and found that it took an enormous amount of effort and actually impeded my ability to play and enjoy it. Apologies to all but I likely won't be using flowery prose most of the time.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Also, a strong power like bessie being confirmed town would support such a setup.
Do you claim to have info about bessie's power?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Also bessie's confirmed town? Cool, though I would have preferred a player who's less obviously innocent when town, heh.
Why the surprise when you've already commented about this 'fact'?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:19 pm UTC

Votals:
DethStalker (1): no votes
Gopher of Pern (1): bessie
dimochka (1): dimochka
freezeblade (1): SDK
DGames | Bard (1): #HBC | YOLOSWAG
Sabrar (1): SirGabriel
SDK (1): LaserGuy
#HBC | YOLOSWAG (1): Sabrar

9 people not voting

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

Will the effect of all vote-manipulation abilities be reflected in the official votals?

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu May 11, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SirGabriel wrote:Because clearly he's scum trying to make himself look townie by acting like he didn't know about the "No one has Day Chat" rule.
SirGabriel is clearly scum by pretending that the time before the mod starts the game (commonly known as N0) is somehow considered Day for any purpose.

I can't recall ever seeing a game where chat was allowed N0 but not D1.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

1. No.

2. Originally, my post was going to acknowledge SDK's innocent result on bessie. After I read through his post again and the flavor, I realized there was probably two scum teams and that became the focus of my post. I kept the part where I bought SDK's result in there but moved it. Basically my post changed over time as I sat on my phone adding things as I read back through.

If SDK was just doing early game shenanigans, he should say so because I took his inno result at face value.

@Laserguy

As for my ninja edit comment, I was making a flavor joke that has to do with one of my characteristics. I do not find those preview edits scummy, it was just flavor stuff on my part.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Will the effect of all vote-manipulation abilities be reflected in the official votals?

Yes. It is theoretically possible that something could appear to be hammer and then not be. If that occurs, I will grant an extension.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 11, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

DGames | Bard wrote:Confirming!

Monsieur Laser Guy, King of France?! Oui oui, you did have a...je ne sais quois about you. Anyway, to address your question:

I am a gentleman and a scholar, and I hail from the lands of DGamesia (colloquially known as Decisive Games of Smashboards). My usual tag is just "Bard" or "Bardull," which coincides with my last name as well as my appreciation for written and spoken verbiage (if it tickles your fancy to phrase it that way).

A pleasure to meet you and everyone else on this fine Thursday excursion!

Just making a note here that my confirmation post was approved after game start since I still hadn't gotten my 5 new user posts in yet.

*ahem*

Now, where were we in this state of affairs?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Vote Bard

My eyes hath seen two members of our production citing a "ninja preview" of sorts. While I appreciate their diligence in not speaking out of turn, I have hope that we reach a point where there is no risk of us interrupting each other. This play deserves nothing but the best and I shall ensure only the best is presented for our audience.

I do believe I have acted with Bard in several plays before this one in my homeland. Hello good sir, pleasant to see you again.

My word! It has been ages since I had seen you last. You've grown a bit. How art thou?

Wait, wait, wait, this is all wrong, good fellow! You're trying to off me with a vote! Is that any way to treat an old friend of the morrow? Come now! Although you will have to thank the owners of the fabulous XKCD building for barring limitations on newly versed actors of a certain accord, hence "ninja previews." I can't speak for my other brother in new arms Dethstalker, of course.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 11, 2017 8:12 pm UTC

In any event, something rubs me the wrong way about the bessie confirmation, as well as the votes at the beginning of the day phase! Forgive me, as I am new here, and so I am still ascertaining the qualities of this stage; where art thy proof of Bessie's innocence? And, can we assume that there are at least 2 forms of vote manipulation at play?

If the few fine individuals of this act that are implying that Bessie is Town based on evidence that Bessie is being voted for at day start by aforementioned nefarious forces, isn't it possible that a scum aligned role targeted another scum aligned role? The flavor seems to imply that there may be two scum factions, but I'm not sure how frequently this sort of thing transpires. Perhaps a more seasoned veteran can offer their wisdom on this matter.

Flavor and game mechanics aside, I also would like to address this good fellow!

dimochka wrote:This is ridiculous. Why are we talking about those newbie actors whose experience probably includes their 5th grade Aladdin play. Really, we should be talking about me here. Now that I've confirmed my attendance, I expect everyone to pay attention to my graceful, award-worthy performance. Let's not forget who the real star here is.

Edit: Ah, we're starting practice. Well in that case, let's make sure we realize that none of you matter one bit.

Vote dimochka

Dimochka, I am curious; as a gentleman of a foreign land, I am unfamiliar with this kind of play in the beginning of the game! Pray tell, why are you opting to off yourself in the face of fair amounts of content? I am most curious of your intentions and would like to know what you seek to achieve with this approach to our grand stage of Shakespearean lore!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 pm UTC

DGames | Bard wrote:If the few fine individuals of this act that are implying that Bessie is Town based on evidence that Bessie is being voted for at day start by aforementioned nefarious forces,
You're reading the votals wrong, convention on this forum is to put the player who is voted for at the beginning and list the votees after (see any previous game as example). In short bessie is not being voted for, she apparently has an automatic vote on Gopher of Pern.
DGames | Bard wrote:The flavor seems to imply that there may be two scum factions, but I'm not sure how frequently this sort of thing transpires.
Rarely, I've only seen it once in my 1.5 years here and that was a game with 26 players.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 pm UTC

I'm impressed by the flowery language speakers. I might make an attempt to post like that later on when I've got some more time. I'm out of the country on spotty wifi, back tomorrow night but I've noticed I fail at proper posting in weekends so remind me on monday :D

DGames | Bard wrote:If the few fine individuals of this act that are implying that Bessie is Town based on evidence that Bessie is being voted for at day start by aforementioned nefarious forces, isn't it possible that a scum aligned role targeted another scum aligned role?

SDK claims to have received information in his role-pm indicating bessie is town.
SDK wrote:Are you asking this because bessie is town? Because she is. Good to know that someone else got that confirmation in their role PM too.
But yeah, that was a weird thing to post. I can accept that bessie=town is confirmed in a role pm, but assuming someone else got that same info is off.

DGames | Bard wrote:And, can we assume that there are at least 2 forms of vote manipulation at play?

Yes, see game-specific rule 12.

LaserGuy wrote:Firstly, I see that two votes were cast at days beginning. One from bessie on Gopher, the other unknown to Dethstalker. Surely this deserves some comment for it suggests some nefarious forces at work.

I agree that the two votes at day start are interesting but I don't get what you mean by nefarious forces? Are you saying Dethstalker and Gopher deserve townie points for starting with votes on them? Also the votals don't say 'unknown' voted for Dethstalker but instead it says 'no votes', so it's not necessarily a vote from someone.
he him his

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 11, 2017 8:59 pm UTC

Confirm
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm UTC

I have just perused the rules and found an egregious error within them. Nowhere does it mention my name and participation in this play. I shall have a talk with the director about this :evil:

DGames | Bard wrote:
dimochka wrote:This is ridiculous. Why are we talking about those newbie actors whose experience probably includes their 5th grade Aladdin play. Really, we should be talking about me here. Now that I've confirmed my attendance, I expect everyone to pay attention to my graceful, award-worthy performance. Let's not forget who the real star here is.

Vote dimochka

Dimochka, I am curious; as a gentleman of a foreign land, I am unfamiliar with this kind of play in the beginning of the game! Pray tell, why are you opting to off yourself in the face of fair amounts of content? I am most curious of your intentions and would like to know what you seek to achieve with this approach to our grand stage of Shakespearean lore!

Ah, but you misunderstand. Art requires sacrifice. As long as I am central to the success of this play... and really every part of it, I will have achieved my life's goal. If one is simply surviving, he is not living.

I also have noticed that there are those here who aim to see this play fail. Fear not, they shall not succeed. And it does seem we are dealing with more than one adversary. If flavor is to be trusted, there may be a group whose powers are likely supernatural, and another who's methods are more common.

Once I am done looking at myself in the mirror (don't hold your breath), I plan to question the lot of you as to your raison d'être and nefarious plans to destroy what shall be my best performance yet.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I agree that the two votes at day start are interesting but I don't get what you mean by nefarious forces? Are you saying Dethstalker and Gopher deserve townie points for starting with votes on them? Also the votals don't say 'unknown' voted for Dethstalker but instead it says 'no votes', so it's not necessarily a vote from someone.

I feel that this may be indicative of a "mandatory voting" mechanic, meaning that the two votes are there (assigned initially randomly) because these players are required to be voting for someone at all times. I think I've seen this somewhere before on these forums, however not in exactly this form.

Ninja: methinks that dimochka may be laying their actor persona characteristic on a tad heavy. I'm not just saying that because I feel they got one of the "personality traits" that I submitted. What a Juicy piece of drama this play may end up being.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Return to “Mafia”