I thought the king had more affected the Duke of Albany than Cornwall.
It did always seem so to us: but now, in the division of the kingdom, it appears not which of the dukes he values most; for equalities are so weighed, that curiosity in neither can make choice of either's money.
Cut! Cut! That's "moiety", not money! I have no idea what it means, either, but we can't just go changing Shakespeare!
Shrieks heard offstage.
2. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
3. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
4. You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
5. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
6. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM or any other messages sent to you by the mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
7. You may not edit your posts.
8. You may not play to lose, act in a way that is clearly against your win condition or ruin the game for other players.
9. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
10. Please make an effort to include me on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
11. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let me know.
12. This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
2. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the mod posts a day-end post or a hammer vote is cast. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
3. If you have questions, either post them in bold in this thread, or PM me.
4. As this is a closed(ish) setup, you may not get answers to your questions but the mod will never lie.
5. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so. You must CC me in all PMs.
6. Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
7. The night cycle will be shorter than the day cycle. No one has Day Chat.
8. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignment and roles of all players killed since the previous day phase.
9. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
10. A tied vote at day end will result in a 24-hour extension. If a tie is still present after 24 hours, there will be no lynch.
11. You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results. If your character is specified as having to vote for a person for any reason, a no-lynch vote does NOT satisfy that requirement.
12. Every ability in the game is either standard or a minor variation of an otherwise standard ability (I tried to provide flavor justification for it as well). There are no hidden aspects to any of the roles. There are no alignment-changing mechanisms, no listening or spoiler-reading roles. There is a lot of vote manipulation, though.
You are encouraged to use a few of your character's lines in your posts where it feels reasonable to do so. There are some suggested role-playing "restrictions" that are intended to add to the fun. I'm not planning on policing them. One source for the full text of King Lear is http://shakespeare.mit.edu/lear/full.html.
Usage of flowery speech and iambic pentameter is fully optional.
There's probably going to be some chaos in this setup, but I count on you all to help me along there.
In the mod texts, I will be using the appropriate pronoun for your role, not your correct pronoun as a person.
7. Madge as Oswald
9. plytho as Goneril
11. dimochka as Cordelia