Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

DGames | Bard

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:This shouldn't come as a surprise though to an extent since, in the lore, my character appears to be exceptionally loyal to Laserguy's role.
Why can't it be that you were simply role-playing your character and later decided to use it as 'support' for your claim?

True, that was the initial guise, so I won't argue the certainty of it.

The thing is, I don't actually know the lore of the Shakespearean story we are taking a part of except for the relationship my character shares with laserguy. I did very brief research on it, so any other relationships that my character had with anyone else in the lore wouldn't be addressed in role play whatsoever. I did not roleplay towards anyone else in the play in the fashion that I addressed Herr Laserguy, so I believe the credibility of my claim is at least fair in this regard.

Do you doubt the validity of my claim, given your most recent line of questioning?

DGames | Bard

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 7:47 am UTC

Hmmmm, a read list, huh? Aiyaaaaaaaah.

Ok, I will do one soon since many people have asked me. Either tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Time to get my feet dirty I guess. :<

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm UTC

A quick list off the top of my head! More or less Towniest to Scumiest list.

Town bros:
-------
Bard
Laserguy

Cool cat:
-------
Plytho

Feel good about:
-------
Bessie
Sir Gabriel
Sabrar (although this is more reflective of his D1 play, his D2 play seems not quite the same but I can't quite put my finger on it yet. I still think his content is generally OK for the most part).

What the deuce:
-------
SDK

I don't have strong opinions on:
-------
Yoloswag
Boomfrog
Madge

Would be ok with compromising to them due to a lack of activity:
-------
Dimochka (I believe I read somewhere that he has a restriction of sorts, not sure what it is):
Freezeblade's replacement

Probable scum:
-------
Gopher (I need to read over his most recent posts though).

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 23, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

I would swap Boomfrog with Yoloswag, but that might be cognitive bias since Yolo pretty much disappeared at what I feel was a critical moment for pressure building up on him, and Boomfrog has been more active than him since and has responded to pressure a lot better.

I really want Yoloswag to come clean and explain himself a bit more, as well as answer my earlier question.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 pm UTC

Hey guys, just doing quick hits at the moment.

I'm currently leaning towards Gopher, but will compromise to Yolo if we need the votes. I think Gopher is the better play though.
Vote: Gopher of Pern

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 am UTC

@Laserguy - My King! I'm not really a fan of Sir Yoloswag's play style; I can't say I get his suspicions of me this game because he hasn't really explained them to me. He kinda asserts himself in a way that isn't very transparent with his intentions, i.e. he says my posts are "disgusting," but he doesn't say what is "disgusting" about them. Another example that comes to mind is when he says I should be in the lynch pool, but doesn't really go in depth with the why. I'm not sure how he expects me to trust him in this type of situation. On that note, I wonder how he feels about me going for Gopher as a priority before putting him further on the chopping block.

Anyway, the roleblocker claim is interesting (I don't necessarily feel Jim was a bad target? I'm not sure who I would've picked to roleblock in his position). With many 1-shot claims (i.e. doctor), two killing factions, and perhaps more, a roleblocker seems like it might fit in this set up, fairly strong. I won't speculate too much though considering the crux of mafia falls on reads and the like!

Oh yeah, and Gopher isn't mentioned in my PM; only you are mentioned in my PM!

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 8:52 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:@Laserguy - My King! I'm not really a fan of Sir Yoloswag's play style; I can't say I get his suspicions of me this game because he hasn't really explained them to me. He kinda asserts himself in a way that isn't very transparent with his intentions, i.e. he says my posts are "disgusting," but he doesn't say what is "disgusting" about them. Another example that comes to mind is when he says I should be in the lynch pool, but doesn't really go in depth with the why. I'm not sure how he expects me to trust him in this type of situation. On that note, I wonder how he feels about me going for Gopher as a priority before putting him further on the chopping block.

Who in your mind do you see as probable scummates for YOLO? What about Gopher?

Hrmmm, if Yolo is scum, I'm not sure who his potential mates could be. If he's a part of guild scum, he was well distanced from his mate Dethstalker (albeit this was pretty simple to accomplish given that Dethstalker was an easy target). There are many players he is distanced from though, so he would have hid his tracks well at least. Obviously, anyone not voting for him in this situation could be his possible mate, even me! :3

If he's of the supernatural variant, I would have no idea. I'd have to analyze his relationships a bit more extensively. Oddly, I would still suggest GoP considering that GoP has fairly quickly thrown Yoloswag under the bus in the midst of what I felt was an amiable relationship between the two (Yolo suggested that he did not think GoP was a good play for the earlier day phase, for instance, which felt out of place. Conversely, GoP has returned the favor by voting for Yolo, which feels like an odd transiion).

I guess I kind of am tunneling GoP's slot, in a way. It's 1:45am, and admittedly, I have been really busy with some projects that are preventing me from really jumping headfirst into a reread. Urgh.

What do you think is the right path from here? Do you think I am just brutally wrong about GoP and should be voting for someone else/Yolo? I see your vote is on SDK; whom would you vote for in this situation assuming it was ultimately between yolo or GoP, or would you still push for SDK/Bessie?

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 5:43 pm UTC

Well, I don't see the lynch swinging in any other direction, regardless of what Yolo posts, but I'll take any information I can get.

I think GoP is so much scummier; lots of focus on self preservation, isn't looking for scum with his vote.

I do understand the reasoning behind multiple votes on Yolo though. Albeit a comrade of DGames lore, I feel there isn't much else to do but see him off.

Herr Yolo, in the 11th hour of thine death, what is thy will

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 6:02 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:Well, I don't see the lynch swinging in any other direction, regardless of what Yolo posts, but I'll take any information I can get.

I think GoP is so much scummier; lots of focus on self preservation, isn't looking for scum with his vote.

I do understand the reasoning behind multiple votes on Yolo though. Albeit a comrade of DGames lore, I feel there isn't much else to do but see him off.

Herr Yolo, in the 11th hour of thine death, what is thy will

Just so it's clear, I do expect answers from you to each of the points in my previous post. I've lived in the streets long enough now to know how to grill a rat.

Waiiiiiit a minute, where is this animosity coming from?

To be frank, I've been skimming a bit, so I probably missed your posts. I know you've voiced suspicion of me, but not sure what it entails to. >_>;

Give me a minite to find the post you are talking about.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu May 25, 2017 6:04 pm UTC

I have a confession to make: I got kind of lazy day 2 as a result of getting pretty busy with other things, so I haven't given this game my full and complete attention. Not a good look for a first impression, I know, but yeah. :x

If there's any posts I missed that addressed me though, lmk and I'll respond to it! I'm an open book. :3

DGames | Bard

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act III opens in chaos

Postby DGames | Bard » Mon May 29, 2017 6:57 am UTC

Hey amigos! Been working all weekend, so it's time for me to get caught up.

kalira wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@SDK: full claim please.

SirGabriel wrote:What does everyone think about doing a mass claim today? At the very least, I would like Bard and SDK to claim, as they're the two who claimed to have info about other players in their PM.

Mass claim usually doesn't go well for town, but I'm willing to consider it. So I'm confused. SDK claimed the way his role interacts with bessie makes her highly likely town, but unless I'm mistaken, bessie didn't confirm she knew the same abt SDK? Or was that all just smokescreen for them being masons together? I don't necessarily want SDK to full claim right now, but I *do* want him to tell us if he was bessie's mason partner.

I'd like Bard to claim before SDK.

Hrmm, I haven't interacted with you much as of yet (actually not at all except for saying that I would consider compromising to your slot since it was pretty inactive via freezeblade). Who in your general opinion is scum/town at this point?

Massclaiming probably isn't necessary yet, I agree.

As for myself claiming, I don't mind claiming if I'm prompted enough from other avenues. I actually think it's beneficial at this point if I do since it will paint a clearer picture of what's going on.

SDK wrote:I don't think it's in town's best interest to have me confirm or deny being masons with bessie. If I am, that confirms me town and gets me killed. If I'm not, that confirms that they should look elsewhere. If you'd like to ask more politely with some reasoning attached, I'd be happy to consider it.

Also Gopher, you shouldn't be speculating on such things. It is not in town's best interest to determine bessie's buddy before it's time.

More later.

Strongly disagree with this considering our interactions yesterday. Bessie claimed to have no reciprocating information on your behalf; if there is a player that claims mason other than yourself, I will be promptly gunning for you because I feel it's unlikely that a mason pair, your connection to Bessie, and my connection to Laserguy are all a part of the game.

Anyway, I had my response to your earlier post, but deadline hit. I'll post it in the following post.

Sabrar wrote:I believe it is in the best interest of town if the mason-buddy claims. This is assuming that s/he doesn't have any additional powers (reasonable given bessie's flip). Reasoning: s/he is currently Vanilla/Innocent Child. Won't have any night results and all advantages of being a mason are lost already. Claiming now also lessens the chance of a counterclaim, or lessens the impact of a mislynch if there is a counterclaim. If scum leaves him/her alive we still have a confirmed townie. If s/he is killed then there is more chance that another townie has a useful result. Also could draw both NK-s (and still could be protected by doc if not). Furthermore we could see who was attacking a confirmed townie.
So in my opinion there are quite a few advantages of the other mason claiming and only 1 drawback (lessens the chance of scum cross-shooting).

Strongly agree with this!

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Mon May 29, 2017 7:07 am UTC

SDK wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:In any event, something rubs me the wrong way about the bessie confirmation, as well as the votes at the beginning of the day phase! Forgive me, as I am new here, and so I am still ascertaining the qualities of this stage; where art thy proof of Bessie's innocence? And, can we assume that there are at least 2 forms of vote manipulation at play?

If the few fine individuals of this act that are implying that Bessie is Town based on evidence that Bessie is being voted for at day start by aforementioned nefarious forces, isn't it possible that a scum aligned role targeted another scum aligned role? The flavor seems to imply that there may be two scum factions, but I'm not sure how frequently this sort of thing transpires. Perhaps a more seasoned veteran can offer their wisdom on this matter.

You've stated previously that my confirmation of bessie "rubbed you the wrong way" because you didn't see why I would reveal it so early. That doesn't jive well with the bolded, though. You didn't even understand why Bessie was confirmed. If LaserGuy is mentioned in your role PM as Bessie is in mine, I don't understand how you could have failed to understand what was going on here.

Waaaaaait a minute. Yeah, I didn't really understand why Bessie was confirmed Town at the start. My first impressions were that it was some sort of joke, similar to RVS in DGames (lots of joke voting, claims, etc. that gets discussion spurred), or perhaps people were saying the initial votes at the start of the game implied that Bessie was Town. I was all sorts of, as I explained earlier, bamboozled.

But, uh, what does this have to do with why I felt your claim rubbed me the wrong way after I understood what happened?

Here's the thing: you claimed Bessie was Town right out the gate based on your role pm. This isn't a Townie thing to do; if you are telling the truth, you are effectively jeopardizing Bessie and leaving her to the demons of the night to kill her off, as I said earlier. Of course it rubs me the wrong way, it rubs everyone the wrong way, which is why you have been under a lot of scrutiny! Also, it seemed weird to me that there were two roles that had people confirmed Town to the other in what appears to be an unreciprocated way; Bessie, as far as I remember, does not have any information pertaining to your being.

Bard, one thing I noticed going through Day 1 is that you had zero town reads. You called out Gopher, Dethstalker and the lurkers as people who had caught your attention, but never once seemed to consider anyone town, or engage with someone as if you thought they were town (other than LaserGuy). Why is that? Did you have any town reads?

Sure I did! I didn't explicitly say what they were because it's not in my interest to divulge that information publicly to scum. Read lists seem to be kind of popular here, but I think it's better to hold cards closer to your chest unless you are asked by multiple people, like I was when Plytho and Bessie asked me to post a reads list.

You also didn't really engage with anyone as if they were scum, other than Gopher. You asked a few questions, but they were mostly asking thoughts on others' reads rather than trying to feel out reads for yourself. What do you look at when you're trying to decide if someone is scum? How were you feeling at the end of Day 1 as far as how the game was going?

I look for intent, but also look for tangible evidence and compare it to my reads (votals, flips, etc.)

Day 2, you posts a reads list, which was helpful. Even more helpful is a quick description of why you feel that way about each player, but if that's too much to ask I'll settle for more detail on Gopher, BoomFrog, YOLOSWAG, SirGabriel and plytho. Gopher in particular is a must considering you're voting for him, yet every time you mention him all you can say is that you need to reread him again.

I'm trying to understand why more people aren't readily going for him, which is why I suggest that I need to reread (I'm not super confident on anything unless it's modconfirmed).

As an aside, if it turns out I have been misreading Gopher this entire game, I will have to really apologize to him post-game (or if he's confirmed town at some point, etc.)

DGames | Bard wrote:@Laserguy - My King! I'm not really a fan of Sir Yoloswag's play style; I can't say I get his suspicions of me this game because he hasn't really explained them to me. He kinda asserts himself in a way that isn't very transparent with his intentions, i.e. he says my posts are "disgusting," but he doesn't say what is "disgusting" about them. Another example that comes to mind is when he says I should be in the lynch pool, but doesn't really go in depth with the why. I'm not sure how he expects me to trust him in this type of situation. On that note, I wonder how he feels about me going for Gopher as a priority before putting him further on the chopping block.

You talk a lot here about what YOLO thinks of you, but nothing on what you think of him. I get that you were responding to a question, but you seem overly concerned with how you are perceived rather than the inverse. Why is that?

I did post what I thought of him though. I also indicated where he was on my reads list.

I'm a little unsure of myself because this is a new site, and I also don't want to come off as trying to lead in a place where I am entirely new (it just seems to lack etiquette to do this in my opinion).

I'm not sure what you mean by "overly concerned with how you are perceived rather than the inverse," though, or what the implications may be.

DGames | Bard wrote:What do you think is the right path from here? Do you think I am just brutally wrong about GoP and should be voting for someone else/Yolo? I see your vote is on SDK; whom would you vote for in this situation assuming it was ultimately between yolo or GoP, or would you still push for SDK/Bessie?

This is addressed to LaserGuy, so I assume you're talking to a townie here. Did you ask these questions to try to guide yourself to a conclusion with another townie's help? Are there any other townies you would feel comfortable working with?

Yeah, that's why I asked him. He's an interesting guy, my King. Instead of picking a side though, he seems to be playing diplomatically in this regard. :x. None the less, I must support him, even if it leads to a potentially bitter end. D:

I feel pretty comfortable with Plytho and Sir Gabriel. I did feel comfortable with Bessie albeit she did end up gunning for Laserguy, which in turn indirectly painted me as potential scum from her point of view, possibly. Doh.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 am UTC

The aforementioned post was written prior to the flip, so it's a little confusing since I made some edits post-flip but sheepishly missed other parts after a long day of work. Doh!

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

Everything makes a lot more sense now, but I strongly believe SDK is independent. If it's true that lyncher generally ends the game on this site, then he needs to get bodied. Not trying to spread FUD but it just seems way too scummy. He had all the incentive and morivation to pretend that he had confirmation of Bessie's alignment in order to get her killed.

As for my claim:

I am a 1-shot bodyguard as well as an unreciprocated lover of Laserguy.

Laserguy is confirmed Town in my PM. There is a drawback to this though. If he is lynched, I will also die with him. I am a lover so to speak but the love is unreciprocated; if I am lynched, he will not die.

If Laserguy is killed during the night, I will not die, but I will lose my ability as a 1-shot bodyguard because I am "distraught" over Laserguy's death and will not be able to vote during the following day phase (seems like there is A LOT of vote manipulating stuff in this game).

Not going to confirm whether or not I have used my ability yet or what that entails to for obvious reasons (wine for night time).

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Mon May 29, 2017 8:04 pm UTC

Welp.

I gotta jet, but all I can say is this:

I'm not supernatural!!!!! If you're going to lynch between myself or laserguy though, lynch me. It would be really silly to get two townies killed at the same time instead of one. I am NOT bluffing about my role!!

Best of luck my dudes (and dudettes), I'll be back later to check if the noose is around my neck after you guys deliberate. D:

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 30, 2017 9:54 am UTC

My wincon is to win with Town. There is no strange caveat and I'm not SK/Super Natural/etc., you have my honest to goodness word.

Ok, bear with me, I -know- saying "I'm not scum" is not a great defense, but I don't really know the argument in favor of me being scum, so I'm not sure how to argue against it. There's a lot of FUD suggesting I'm of the supernatural squad, but I have no idea where that came from and it's hard to deny the possibility since, well, it's a possibility. Just about anyone here could be scum except for SirGabriel at this point, at least from my point of view.

Is there anything in specific you guys want me to answer?

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:Is there anything in specific you guys want me to answer?
Can you look for connections between YOLOSWAG and any other player or between 2 currently living players (preferably D1 when scum couldn't coordinate)? In other words, who is scum in your opinion and which team do they belong to?

Ok, I'll see what I can find. I'm tired (3am) and off my computer, but I will respond in the morning (can't be bothered for a full reread to find connections this late since I'm pretty sure I will pass out in the middle of it XD!!)

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 30, 2017 7:52 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Actually, Bard did call LaserGuy town in that post.

DGames | Bard wrote:Can only make quick hits today, so I'll respond to Jim in a bit.

But more importantly, and for reasons I can't really explain, Laserguy should not be a play today. I have verrrrrry good reasons for saying this. I know I'm pulling an SDK here somewhat, but yeah.

I'll compromise to Dethstalker if need be, but I will vehemently have to stand behind Laserguy as being Town, contrary to what seems like scummy behavior according to a few.

But there’s quite a difference between ‘LaserGuy should not be a play today’ and ‘I have to stand behind LaserGuy as being town’. So it’s kinda weird to have both statements in the same post.

When I said I was going to read some specific people I was almost ready to buy Bard’s claim but I’m going to spend some time trying to read him later instead of SirG (after dimochka).

Bolded seems kinda nit-picky; it's implied that I think he's Town if "I feel he shouldn't be a play and that I have good reasons for saying this", right? Reiterating how I feel about him was my way of trying to reinforce how serious I was being about it.

kalira wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:Hrmm, I haven't interacted with you much as of yet (actually not at all except for saying that I would consider compromising to your slot since it was pretty inactive via freezeblade). Who in your general opinion is scum/town at this point?

Yes, I remember. You called me "freezeblade's replacement." Slightly miffed I didn't deserve a name. As of beginning of D3, my best lead on scum is LaserGuy. I'm still picking my way through D3.

Oh no!!! I didn't mean it that way; I was posting from my phone while pretty busy and it's time consuming to go back and check names while already in the middle of formatting a post (it took me like 3 minutes to remember the original names of the players that were in the game since I am still new-ish here).

Maybe I should just stop posting from my phone in general. So much more difficult to multi-quote, check back for things, etc.

You already know my opinion on Laserbro, so I will give you the stink eye in response to you telling me that you indirectly think I may be scum. D:<

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 30, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

I've been thinking about it, but just how likely is it that a Supernatural SK has a lover win condition? It's hard enough as it is for SKs to win (in my personal experience with them, anyway), do SKs come generally handicapped on xkcd? Trying to dispell the FUD regarding my potential as a supernatural gentleman since, well, I'm not supernatural!!

Anyway, here's my general opinion on things:

Spoiler:
Madge, Dimochka, and Kalira are blanks to me, but I am starting to like Kalira (even though she is slowly approaching me with a comfortable looking slab of metal).

Anyway, some say they have meta on these players, but I don't, so...I don't understand why some of the aforementioned players are getting free passes from the perspectives of certain slots except that these certain slots are very confident that the aforementioned are playing to exactly par for the time being.

I am, at this point, tunneling Gopher and probably will until the end of the game. I think I said it earlier, but if I'm wrong about him, then I will apologize profusely afterwards. I AM NOT SOME CRAZY LYNCHER!

*ahem*

I feel good about Plytho/Sir Gabriel (despite both of them juggling my life in their hands at the moment; Gabriel is basically town confirmed at this point so he's a non-issue.)

Sabrar has been pretty pro-town, I feel that he is one of the better, more experienced players (certainly has been a bane for the Guild; the Guild killed him once, only to be hunted down by him again upon replacing back in...unfortunate). It's really safe to say he's not Guild at least.

SDK is some form of lyncher that was trying to get Bessie killed in order to achieve his win con (which seems to be Town-sided based upon a role pm from the last Shakespeare game that Sabrar brought up). There isn't a whole lot of reason to not believe him at this point I think.

LaserGuy is confirmed Town to me.

My scum pool is probably Dimochka/Madge/GoP. Dimochka, is heavily disconnected and will be a blank for the rest of the game unless he can be cleared (unless we go by meta reasoning and assume that he is Town for his playstyle, but I think this is a pretty unsafe thing to do). My scumdar is shooting rockets all over the place for GoP but no one wants to go for him :<. I don't really have a great opinion on Madge, but I can understand where people are coming from regarding her.

Based on all the interpersonal relations in this game so far, I almost think that the Supernatural may be an SK of sorts/acting alone. It's possible that there is a second scum team in my pool, perhaps.

plytho wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:
plytho wrote:
Actually, Bard did call LaserGuy town in that post.

DGames | Bard wrote:Can only make quick hits today, so I'll respond to Jim in a bit.

But more importantly, and for reasons I can't really explain, Laserguy should not be a play today. I have verrrrrry good reasons for saying this. I know I'm pulling an SDK here somewhat, but yeah.

I'll compromise to Dethstalker if need be, but I will vehemently have to stand behind Laserguy as being Town, contrary to what seems like scummy behavior according to a few.

But there’s quite a difference between ‘LaserGuy should not be a play today’ and ‘I have to stand behind LaserGuy as being town’. So it’s kinda weird to have both statements in the same post.

When I said I was going to read some specific people I was almost ready to buy Bard’s claim but I’m going to spend some time trying to read him later instead of SirG (after dimochka).

Bolded seems kinda nit-picky; it's implied that I think he's Town if "I feel he shouldn't be a play and that I have good reasons for saying this", right? Reiterating how I feel about him was my way of trying to reinforce how serious I was being about it.

I guess I'm kind of a nitpicker. But I also feel there is a difference between' LaserGuy shouldn't be a play' and 'LaserGuy shouldn't be a play today' as the latter implies he could be a play later on.
This is a small point and not necessarily a slip but I'll keep it in mind tomorrow when I reread.

It just doesn't feel right to say "he shouldn't ever be a play" since I have pretty much no idea what the set up looks like or what could possibly happen going into the future.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Tue May 30, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:I've been thinking about it, but just how likely is it that a Supernatural SK has a lover win condition? It's hard enough as it is for SKs to win (in my personal experience with them, anyway), do SKs come generally handicapped on xkcd? Trying to dispell the FUD regarding my potential as a supernatural gentleman since, well, I'm not supernatural!!
We have only your word that you're a lover. Why should we believe that?

Ok, this is kinda self-meta-ish, but if I were scum, I would not voluntarily put myself in the line of fire and connect myself to someone for the rest of the game if it could compromise my win condition (which it most certainly would in this case). That being said, I will still entertain the hypothetical of "what if this was all a gamble and Bard is just full of poop."

~ahem~

Think about it: a fake lover claim would be such a crazy gamble that, frankly, it's just too bizarre and unsafe to do in a game where scum factions can cross kill. I mean, I would have to jump completely blind and in the dark to claim an unreciprocated lover that has town confirmed information. And to choose Laserguy, whom has been depicted by many as scummy in this game, which has effectively dragged down my own slot in terms of potential scumminess? I would never put myself in that kind of position if I had a choice in the matter (again, with the self-meta, I know).

Anyway, lets entertain the hypothetical scenarios and ascertain risk.

Guild Fake-claim possibilities
1. If I am guild and Laserguy is my scum mate, I heavily jeopardize our faction by making such a bold claim ("laserguy is town and should not be a play") right from the start. We are forever connected at that point. If he is killed during the night by a supernatural, I will be automatically lynched the following day. I also would have willingly ensured Dethstalker's death as his mate, since Laserguy was the only other potential wagon at the time.

2. If Laserguy is the Supernatural Chatterbox King of the Underworld and I am guild, then it would be the best case scenario for me since Guild wouldn't kill him in order to not jeopardize my claim, and no one else would kill Laserguy since he is the other faction barring Vigilantes (in other words, it would have to be completely blind luck for me to choose him as the Underworld dude).

3. If I am guild and Laserguy is town, this is not a bad situation for me to be in, but if that was my aim from the start, I would not have chosen someone that was being wagoned on and being depicted as scummy while Dethstalker's lynch was a possibility. Regardless, lets say I had reasons to think Laserguy was Town despite people wagoning him; I'm still taking a big risk and hoping he is not the Supernatural warlord of doom.

Town Fake-claim possibilities:
1. If I am Town and I die, then I could see myself getting forever banned for game-throwing if my gamble was wrong regarding Laserguy (I mean, seriously, that's just not a cool thing to do).

Supernatural Fake-claim possibilities:
1. If I am super natural, and I choose a guild member, this is a good situation because there will not be any crossfire. However, if that guild member is caught by unclaimed role in potentially existence (Cop, Watcher, Vigilante), I am screwed.

2. If I am super natural and I choose Town,that's a good situation to be in, but it's still a big risk; at this point, Guild can kill Laserguy, and if I have the ability to vote on the following day phase, I'm all sorts of doomed.

I'm sure there's probably a handful of things I didn't account for, but the long and short of it is that this is all one completely unnecessary big risk if the claim is fake. I would have sooner chosen someone more townie when it was still theoretically possible to play off my "bread-crumbing as role play."

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:It just doesn't feel right to say "he shouldn't ever be a play" since I have pretty much no idea what the set up looks like or what could possibly happen going into the future.
If you're truly his lover then from your pov he should never ever be the play regardless of circumstances. Does not compute.

As far as the "he should never ever be a play" comment is concerned, what if there was a cult (actually not sure if this is possible; didn't quite read the role-specific rules at the start of the game), or some kind of crazy mechanic that made him some anti-town deterrent? Possible alignment changes? I dunno! Gosh, this is my first time here, I don't know all the roles you guys have. If he did become scum/anti-town somehow, I think it would be the townie thing to do to resign myself to an inevitable death barring context if it ultimately means winning the game. That's the same reasoning I used to resign myself to a lynch earlier before Laserguy; it just doesn't make sense to kill off two Townies at the same time.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow and let others say their piece.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Wed May 31, 2017 8:50 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@Bard: your arguments have some pretty big holes in them, one of them being that you mash together your tie with LaserGuy with the possibility of fake-claiming lover. To clarify:
DGames | Bard wrote:And to choose Laserguy, whom has been depicted by many as scummy in this game, which has effectively dragged down my own slot in terms of potential scumminess?
DGames | Bard wrote:would not have chosen someone that was being wagoned on and being depicted as scummy while Dethstalker's lynch was a possibility.
If LaserGuy is your scum-mate then you have no other option then to 'choose' him.
Also you never consider the possibility of you being supernatural.

I don't want to analyze this in detail (but can do so in the afternoon when I'll have more time if you really want me to) because I think our time can be spent on more productive things. If you're really Town you should try to scum-hunt instead of analyzing yourself (which will always be full of wine).

My point is, is that this is all reaaaallllllly unlikely, and I'd rather redirect attention elsewhere; aka dispelling FUD. If Laserbro dies, I die. Other explanations involving fake claims are just too risky and silly, and you know this.

What I WILL concede to is the possibility that I am still scum despite having a lover's role, albeit this seems kind of messed up depending on how many people are a part of the super natural/guild faction, but whatever; I get that I'm not off the table, I'm fine with being on the table, but for the right reasons.

Frankly, I could cherrypick things that you've said as well, but I agree that it pretty much gets us nowhere (plus I'm on my phone and I don't feel like dissecting your points in a constant war of semantics, you're not my aim today unless there is some kind of revelation).

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@Bard: your arguments have some pretty big holes in them, one of them being that you mash together your tie with LaserGuy with the possibility of fake-claiming lover. To clarify:
DGames | Bard wrote:And to choose Laserguy, whom has been depicted by many as scummy in this game, which has effectively dragged down my own slot in terms of potential scumminess?
DGames | Bard wrote:would not have chosen someone that was being wagoned on and being depicted as scummy while Dethstalker's lynch was a possibility.
If LaserGuy is your scum-mate then you have no other option then to 'choose' him.
Also you never consider the possibility of you being supernatural.

I don't want to analyze this in detail (but can do so in the afternoon when I'll have more time if you really want me to) because I think our time can be spent on more productive things. If you're really Town you should try to scum-hunt instead of analyzing yourself (which will always be full of wine).

Just to show that I am capable of cherry picking you; I absolutely did acknowledge the possibility of being super natural. Check my post again, Scooby Doo! ;)

Additionally, I concede it's possible that myself and Laserguy could be guild scum, but do you really think we are guild scum? 4 guild scum, one of which is a lover in a game with cross killing. If a gun were put to your head and you had to make a decision, what's the verdict?

Kalira has mentioned that it would be pretty unstable and kind of unfair to do this in this type of game. Do you disagree with this?

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Wed May 31, 2017 6:02 pm UTC

I won't have time today to do further investigating or back and forths, but here's the deal:

If you guys don't believe my claim and opt to lynch one of myself and Laserguy, lynch me first.

If you do believe the claim, I think we should go for GoP.

Later gators!

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

Hey duders! Sorry I wasn't as motivated to play as I was on D1. There are reasons for this, some which will be made readily apparent, some of which will not.

I'm pretty much resigned to my lynch at this point so this will prooooobably be my last post in this game barring crazy odds of surviving, lol.

You all know where I stand on things; good luck moving forward, dudes! If i'm not around in post-game, let it be known that I like you guys a lot; great, smart group of players.

Toodle doodles. :3

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Are you independent? Supernatural serial killer? It's been fun, Bard. Hope to see you after the game.

Sabrar wrote:@Bard: I was extremely grateful when YOLOSWAG revealed himself before the official flip, at it meant that I didn't have to spend 3 days in suspense trying to figure out if I was right. Could you do me the same courtesy please? :wink:

Agreeably, not knowing the flip going into the Night is a cruel mistress. In order to maintain the integrity of the sport however, claiming anything but Town is pretty much game-throwing considering the amount of time left, and saying "I'm a Townie" isn't nearly convincing enough, so I think it's best to wait for the flip.

Just curious, and just for fun; suppose I were scum, which faction do you think I am on? Supernaturals, Guild, or an Independent (assuming those are the only possible competing factions)?

DGames | Bard

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

Postby DGames | Bard » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:40 am UTC

Oh my god. I just lost a huge post with an entire synopsis of my play, general thoughts, etc. T________T

I keep forgetting that xkcd uses different forum software and posts don't automatically save/you can't click 'back' to retrieve write-ups that haven't posted yet.

WELP

I'll come back later when I feel more motivated to do a quick write up. XD

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:47 am UTC

bessie wrote:Bard, this forum as eaten so many of my posts too! I usually prepare all my posts in a word document because of this. I hope you get motivated enough to reconstruct that post because I would be interested in reading it. Sorry the game was rough for your team, I’ve said before in a previous game that I don’t like lovers and don’t think it is a very fun game mechanic (and I wasn’t very happy about having my death tied to SDK’s win condition either!). Please come back and play with us again someday!

You have motivated me to remake the post! :3

(it's not as long and in-depth though, so I'm just going to generalize a lot of things and leave out the small stuff).

Also, this is a little late, but I was not aware of what the memorial Gojoe thread was (in DGames, discussing the game outside of the game thread is not allowed), so I hadn't thought to check out what the thread was. Luckily, I had not checked the thread until after the game was over, but unfortunately was not able to determine the purpose of the thread until after the fact (it would have been fun to leave notes regarding what I was thinking). :O

~Anywho~

Day 1 was going well; Yoloswag and I had distanced each other well and kept ourselves in reasonable spots to avoid crossfire, but eventually the lynch started to look like a toss up between Laser Guy and Dethstalker, which is of course a worst case scenario for me. Given how Dethstalker was posting, and given that Laser Guy was the only other lynch option on the table, I settled with dropping a big hint regarding Laser Guy's alignment to look as though I were forcing a Dethstalker lynch in order to further distance myself from the Guild. It was the best way to attain a lot of credibility at that point while ensuring that Laser Guy would not be lynched.

Going into the night, we opted to risk killing Sabrar because we felt his influence would negatively affect us down the road. Naturally, the scum team was annoyed to find out that Sabrar was allowed to "zombie replace" back in. I am familiar with the general philosophy of this site with respect to zombie replacements and modkills, but it's just weird to me that scum are incentivized not to kill players that are highly active and pro-town when there are inactive slots with no immediate replacements. It is what it is, I suppose.

Anyway, going into Day 2, I was feeling kind of unmotivated about the game. Yolo ends up getting lynched, more scrutiny is put on Laser Guy (which in turn affects me indirectly...not a fan of the unreciprocated Lover's role in this regard). Many players were on to Laser Guy and the walls of my role pm were crumbling around me. I was also pretty sure at this point that Laser Guy was scum with the phantoms. Even if he wasn't, the noose was tightening ever quickly around his neck, and I did not think it would be possible to salvage the game by myself; somehow getting into a 3 man lylo with Laser Guy, myself, and a single unlucky recipient was pretty much going to be impossible. Even then, there was no guarantee we would tie if we were on opposing factions (and I'm the only member of the Guild that couldn't kill Laser Guy, so I was screwed). Regardless, I lazily pushed towards Gopher without putting in much effort (I really did think he was super scummy, lol), but Yolo still got killed.

Night 2, I chose to kill Boomfrog since I suspected he would be a thorn in scum's side down the line. At this point though, I was still pretty sure I was doomed, and alluded as much to the mod prior to going into the day phase.

Day 3 comes around, and I realize that Bessie, the fantastic golden retriever of xkcd mafia lore, had fallen to the darkest of depths via the hands of the phantoms, which was of course the proverbial straw that broke the Bard camel's back. Motivation being at an all time low, I ended up claiming, very lazily defended myself, and then called Sabrar "Scooby Doo," which I surmise was what ultimately got me lynched. I don't think he took very kindly to being referred to as Scooby Doo, but I could just be putting words in his mouth (as opposed to Scooby snacks, which I'm sure he would much rather appreciate ;3).

I think there are a lot of things that can be changed regarding the set up, but I appreciate the concept and the time it took to host the game.

Overall, this game could have played out differently for so many reasons, but I still had fun. It was a nice change of pace. I will certainly return if and when I am looking for action, and I will participate more actively in the Gojoe thread as well when that time comes.

~Thanks for having me, duders.

DGames | Bard

Postby DGames | Bard » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
DGames | Bard wrote:and then called Sabrar "Scooby Doo," which I surmise was what ultimately got me lynched. I don't think he took very kindly to being referred to as Scooby Doo, but I could just be putting words in his mouth (as opposed to Scooby snacks, which I'm sure he would much rather appreciate ;3).

For the record I just thought you were referring to my avatar and I don't remember having any kind of negative reaction to being called that (otherwise I would have probably mentioned it).

My D3 synopsis largely equated to me being a silly goose; I do not actually assume that referring to you as "Scooby Doo" is what got me lynched. However, it's good to know that I am in the clear for referring to you as Scoobs henceforth without any kind of backlash. :D

(That last part was me kidding again.)

:3
Last edited by DGames | Bard on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III (pregame)

Postby dimochka » Thu May 11, 2017 4:19 pm UTC

This is ridiculous. Why are we talking about those newbie actors whose experience probably includes their 5th grade Aladdin play. Really, we should be talking about me here. Now that I've confirmed my attendance, I expect everyone to pay attention to my graceful, award-worthy performance. Let's not forget who the real star here is.

Edit: Ah, we're starting practice. Well in that case, let's make sure we realize that none of you matter one bit.

Vote dimochka
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm UTC

I have just perused the rules and found an egregious error within them. Nowhere does it mention my name and participation in this play. I shall have a talk with the director about this :evil:

DGames | Bard wrote:
dimochka wrote:This is ridiculous. Why are we talking about those newbie actors whose experience probably includes their 5th grade Aladdin play. Really, we should be talking about me here. Now that I've confirmed my attendance, I expect everyone to pay attention to my graceful, award-worthy performance. Let's not forget who the real star here is.

Edit: Ah, we're starting practice. Well in that case, let's make sure we realize that none of you matter one bit.

Vote dimochka

Dimochka, I am curious; as a gentleman of a foreign land, I am unfamiliar with this kind of play in the beginning of the game! Pray tell, why are you opting to off yourself in the face of fair amounts of content? I am most curious of your intentions and would like to know what you seek to achieve with this approach to our grand stage of Shakespearean lore!

Ah, but you misunderstand. Art requires sacrifice. As long as I am central to the success of this play... and really every part of it, I will have achieved my life's goal. If one is simply surviving, he is not living.

I also have noticed that there are those here who aim to see this play fail. Fear not, they shall not succeed. And it does seem we are dealing with more than one adversary. If flavor is to be trusted, there may be a group whose powers are likely supernatural, and another who's methods are more common.

Once I am done looking at myself in the mirror (don't hold your breath), I plan to question the lot of you as to your raison d'être and nefarious plans to destroy what shall be my best performance yet.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm UTC

Apologies, I was traveling this weekend. Working on a post now. Should only have one more day of travel (this wednesday).

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon May 15, 2017 5:07 pm UTC

Quick post for now:

Page 1
- sabrar is probably not scum. don't think he would make a joke like the one in the very beginning if he were scum.
- SDK likely has some sort of relationship to bessie. no idea what it is. either not scum, or some kind of special scum (maybe don't know each other? or no nightchat?)
- Yoloswag accepted the "bessie is town" argument much too easily. don't like it.
- @Freezeblade (re: very last post on Pg1) - I have a feeling that you're misreading my persona, but I appreciate all the attention you're directing towards me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Page 2
- Vote GoP because he's a terrible father.

SDK wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Also bessie's confirmed town? Cool, though I would have preferred a player who's less obviously innocent when town, heh.

The new more aggressive style bessie's taken on recently has yet to be tested as far as I know, but she's good at acting town when she's scum. No wonder she got the lead role. *grumble grumble*

Incorrect, I have the lead role. And always have. And always will.
- Note: I'm going to make a prediction that we have a 3-man regular scum team, and some possibly some kind of supernatural 2man team that may or may not be able to kill or communicate or something else.
- @SDK - I don't see why dethstalker is scum (yet at least). Edit: after reading the rest of the thread, I take that back.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I find it interesting that people have immediately jumped to two scum teams instead of the more traditional (around these parts) SK + scum team. I'd like explanations on why people think this, from LaserGuy, Gopher of Pern, Yoloswag, and anybody else who believes there to be two scum teams.

The flavor called out two very different types of kills. Historically, letting us know explicitly that we're facing both scum and an SK is uncommon (as in - we would have to figure out the presence or absence of an SK on our own). Since this is much more explicit, I believe there are two separate teams. I don't know whether their goals are different from a regular scum team, but I'd prefer to be on the safer side and assume that we should eliminate both.
- Znirk - I don't see how laserguy is scummy here. it is very strange that SDK would call it out like that, so his methods may be less than noble, and it logically makes sense that someone should point it out. Edit: looks like Boomfrog pointed out the same thing on Page 3. Edit2: looks like other people are finding this scummy. Don't see why.

Page 3
- Laserguy - don't take my games as a guideline for what's done on the forums. They're not standard. And messy. Also, 4/3/3 is not necessarily a losing position for town, but it's a terrible spot to be in. And at that point well deserved if they play that badly / scum is that lucky. Edit: looks like GoP saw the same thing.
- @SirG - your post actually makes a lot of sense re:SDK. Let's think about it for a moment. Why would SDK want to reveal bessie's townieness? Some options: (1) he's a traitor and knows that she's scum. Unlikely. and the opposite wouldn't work unless she's a death miller which would be very bastardly. (2) he's her neighbor and is testing the waters. Unlikely because then she would also be aware of it. And I don't know of a role that's like a 1-sided neighbor. (3) they're masons. no reason whatsoever to reveal it. (4) he's her lyncher. possible. still unlikely but less so than the others. (5) he's her backup and decided to speed up the process? actually I can kinda see this being a possibility. I'm sure there are other options. Still don't see SDK as townie given that play.

I'll have a scum to town list later today, but the ones that stand out currently are:
- sabrar and bessie are my town reads. Bessie is probably almost everyone's town read though.
- sdk is non-town
- znirk seems scummy, probably because lurking + posting something i disagree with but never responding to it
- dethstalker is... I don't even know. @Dethstalker - please just offer up your opinions about people. Regardless of whether they're ultimately correct, they'll help with some of our decision making. It doesn't look like the game has any specific posting restrictions (yes, you should attempt to stick with the flavor but it is much more important to play the game and get rid of scum), so I don't see how your posts are helping so far. Who do you think is town or scum?

I also can't see mpolo putting in a jester (or at least a jester that can win on D1).

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon May 15, 2017 5:58 pm UTC

Extension would be great, but preferably not a long one. Don't want D1 taking weeks. 1-2 days max.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm UTC

US folks - I didn't realize that the timer was based on time in Germany, and the current deadline is noon EST / 9am PST tomorrow (and I assume the time will remain the same while the day may be pushed out). Just wanted to point it out.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue May 16, 2017 4:44 pm UTC

SDK wrote:
dimochka wrote:- sabrar and bessie are my town reads. Bessie is probably almost everyone's town read though.
- sdk is non-town

Why do you say "Bessie is probably almost everyone's town read though"? Her behavior appears townish, but I hope you're not referring to my confirmation of her when you simultaneously don't think I'm telling the truth.

No sir, I'm referring to the general read people get from her across games. Though your note does give it slightly more credibility in my eyes.

bessie wrote:
dimochka wrote:- Yoloswag accepted the "bessie is town" argument much too easily. don't like it.
What I find interesting is those who so easily accepted SDK’s claim that I am town as truth, but would still label SDK scum.

It's a strange claim to make. And given SDK's playing habits, this says little about his actual alignment. I partially agree with you that he's not likely to be standard scum, but who knows what variations of scum exist in this game (or independents). That's where I would put him. I highly doubt he's town, but I'm not convinced that he's anti-town either.

dimochka wrote:- Vote GoP because he's a terrible father.
Cordelia, was this meant to be a serious vote?[/quote]
No, King Lear is Cordelia's father. He tries to convince her to profess her love for him and then banishes her when she refuses (I'm shortening and paraphrasing wikipedia). So I wouldn't call him a stellar father figure...

Do we have a new deadline (or rather, is it in roughly 23 hours)? Or am I past deadline now? Pretty sure we can still post but I'm trying to figure out where we stand.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 am UTC

DethStalker wrote:um.. I have played mafia the real life one but I suck at It I played it a couple times.

Thee, playing, heinous, playing mafia; not extraordinare; just plain.

My recommendation for you would be to ask our mod for someone to sub in for you, and join in the next non-complex game we do. One of us can run a newbie friendly game that may be a better fit after this one is over. It's tough to adjust to a pace of analyzing 15 players in a flavored game with complex roles.

If you still want to participate, here's what would be helpful:
1. Go through everyone's posts. See if you think someone seems off or suggesting something that is not very helpful to town.
2. See who is pushing lynches on others for reasons that aren't quite sound.
3. See who you think is truly trying to analyze the game (because, keep in mind, scum usually has some additional information at the onset that is not provided to town, simply because they know their team).
4. Once you do those, post your thoughts. Some people are clearly more scummy than others, but the reasons may appear different to different people.
5. If possible, create a town to scum list from that.

Unrelated - I will have a list today. I hate that Jimbob is right in his analysis of my playing; it's never intentional.

EBWOP: Yeah, what Boomfrog said.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 17, 2017 2:13 pm UTC

So sorry! This was supposed to be done about 7 hours ago and I feel asleep typing it up (around #8). Finished as I woke up.

Current reads (in order of sign up)
1. Sabrar - noted his discussion with SDK, Yolo, and others, as well as his willingness to admit when he misinterprets something. Feels very helpful throughout. Townish.
2. Znirk - basically one post. Not very happy with that post, several notes about "I can see why town would do this, but I don't want to give scum ideas." I just can't see scum missing every single one of those. Also disagree with the argument re: LaserGuy, mostly because I can't see this as something scum would hint at in D1. This would make sense in later days though. Neutral, leaning scummy.
3. Freezeblade - first post about me is probably incorrect assumption of my role. other posts have little content. Neutral, though I think leaning town. Will reevaluate with replacement.
4. SDK - Already discussed this. He's likely not standard mafia because the play with Bessie wouldn't make sense, as well as other things don't connect. Some sort of backup / lyncher / traitor makes sense. So basically scummy, but would not be my priority to get rid of. Fwiw, his D1 posts have been helpful. I guess I could also see a "delayed jester"-like role here.
5. SirG - As some people pointed out, his assumption regarding SDK was faulty (mine was somewhat similar, but I was looking at it more from the perspective of "why would he announce it"). I can see his explanations making sense, but stuck to SDK too easily imo. Neutral and worth a more careful read D2.
6. GoP - I disagree with his view on Dethstalker (I can't see how his play makes him newbie town) but otherwise willing to stand behind his words. I'd like to see more content and reads analysis, feels like he's holding back. Can go more into detail later. Neutral.
7. Madge - content isn't great, but this is typical D1 madge. I'm going to reserve all judgment and put her as neutral and wait till D2. I'm essentially skipping her for now.
8. BoomFrog - feels a bit off, simply because his playstyle is different than last game (somehow seems more helpful, which isn't a bad thing). still pushing people to provide content similarly. Neutral leaning town.
9. plytho - ok content, but too focused on the discussion with GoP over dethstalker, only agreeing at day's end. Neutral for now, need to re-read as something feels off... it's like he's less focused on the overall game and more on this discussion.
10. dethstalker - Given his play, I think scum is likely. And even that is strange. He hasn't taken any advice we've given, or dedicated time for a solid post. I think he didn't realize what he signed up for with a large semi-complex game.
11. dimochka - star of the show, clearly the most important player here. Keep that in mind and you might learn something in this showbusiness world.
12. bessie - good reaction on sdk's claim. honestly I'm having a tough time reading her because she's playing about the same as other games I remember. Has less people leaning scummy than i would've thought. Good point re: jimbob (though same way I feel about plytho). Townish.
13. Jimbob - as mentioned above, I agree that he seems to focus on things that are less game-driving. I might know what boomfrog is referring to when he mentions the "one townie" post, but if I'm right then it wasn't that big of a stretch to say that. Neutral leaning scummy.
14. Yolo - Initial read was ok, but it seems to me that he's looking to attack people based on things they haven't necessarily done. Notice the mention of Bard's meta. Or LaserGuy/GoP discussion of setup. My gut feeling is that he's pointing out small things about different people to come back to later. Scummy.
15. LaserGuy - so LaserGuy is the one person I got pretty wrong last game, and I might be falling into the same trap that BoomFrog mentioned re:SDK - I'm reading him as scummy but unsure where. Plus Bard's claim is strange. I'll need to come back to this.
16. Bard - I'm getting a townie vibe from him, but that's heavily influenced by his last post regarding knowing that someone else is town. Depending on D2 explanation this could go either way. Neutral leaning town.

I'll be around near deadline to discuss further or respond to anything else. As it stands, I'm comfortable with a dethstalker lynch.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 17, 2017 3:19 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@dimochka: if it's not too much trouble to ask could you do an ordered town-scum list please?

Roughly along these lines:

-town-
Sabrar
Bessie
Boomfrog
Bard
-neutral-
Freezeblade / Kalira
SirG
Madge [this is mostly a placeholder, D2 I'll look at her more closely]
GoP
LaserGuy [possibly lower, depending on Bard's post]
-scummy-
Znirk [interchageable with plytho/jimbob, need more content to judge]
plytho
Jimbob
Yolo
SDK [note - I don't actually think it's a priority to lynch him; important to figure out what he's doing]
dethstalker

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 pm UTC

I've lost internet twice while trying to phone post. I know it's unlike the star of the show to disappear, but I am with nearly no reception this weekend. I should be back in civilization in about 12 hours, and will be on a plane with free wifi, so I'll have a full post then.

And just so you don't forget about me,

vote dimochka

and no, my voting restriction is not to vote for myself at all times, but it's related.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon May 22, 2017 7:04 pm UTC

Ah, back to society. Seems like you're all trying to destroy my ticket to stardom, which is simply unacceptable. Please sit back down and watch me so you could learn something. And maybe it'll help identify those who are trying to ruin my performance.

I've caught up on most of the discussion, and several things stand out to me.
1. i don't understand Yolo's list of whom we should lynch at the beginning of day 2. I don't even know how that list was put together (not everyone on it was voting for dethstalker, or someone dead). and that forceful tone doesn't sound very reassuring to me regarding his own alignment. For what it's worth, in the previous game when I was lynched D1, all scum were all my bandwagon. While it's not the same, but won't take the argument of "at least one partner was off the bandwagon" as a given. Dethstalker was scummy enough that anyone could've made a case to vote for him. I was for it too, but I don't think I should be given any special treatment regardless of whether I was on the bandwagon. Yolo's posts sound to me like he's downplaying the existence of one of the two scum groups.

SDK wrote:So DethStalker was scum after all. That's good news, but I think YOLO's on the wrong track to look off his wagon exclusively. YOLO and BoomFrog voted him early on, but though YOLO at least thought DethStalker was scum, BoomFrog only mentioned him to say his vote was to get more content. BoomFrog later unvoted, trying to get something new going on Laser then me before getting back onto the DethStalker wagon. plytho then Sabrar then jimbob followed after that. Basically, YOLO and plytho were the only ones on that wagon who actually thought DethStalker was scum. No one actually pushed to get him lynched. It's not great.

Boomfrog did the same thing last game when he voted for me believing me scummy, then voted someone else to "see what sticks" and then came back to voting for me. I could be wrong but I'm seeing it as a similar play. So I don't see it as necessarily indicative of scum.

3. Minor thing, but might be worth mentioning. In the past i've seen people called out for "being happy" about a successful lynch, because it's a good way to pretend to be town. I've been lynched for it the first time I did it (I forget who pointed it out). Don't know how reliable it is, but I noticed both bard and plytho reacting that way.

4. @madge - 2-2 teams seem possible, but too weak in my opinion. Agree with boomfrog that this feels off. Normally I'd have madge as likely town given her content so far (or rather not scum), but since we have two scum teams, she could be scum blocked by the other scum team.

5. @bessie - I actually had some thoughts here which i'll spoil below so you can see what i was thinking, but as I was typing I came to the conclusion that i may be wrong. I will do a re-read of jimbob now. What I was going to say is that I don't necessarily think his death was reads related, but I'm thinking that nothing really stood out so it might've been...
Thoughts that led me to change my mind on his death:
Spoiler:
@bessie regarding your analysis of dead people: you're saying that supernaturals killed jimbob because they were worried about reads. I don't know that I agree. Kills can often just be for wine, especially if the scum team isn't under suspicion. If SDK were regular scum, he would've probably tried to kill bessie to get himself to look more townie. Which to me means that he cannot kill (or it's somehow against his wincon). I don't know what the deal is with bard and laserguy, but I have a similar feeling about both of them - if one is scum, he would kill the other to make themselves more confirmed (although would that be really wine-y and suspicious possibly?). If I were a doctor (I'm not), one of sabrar/boomfrog would likely be my protected target. So jimbob is relatively logical, but then once again we get into wine territory. So logically scum would just kill whoever is the biggest threat. So we can make an educated guess that supernaturals were more worried about jimbob than many of the other players. Which means I need to revisit jimbob's list.

6. Still @bessie - You can vote me if you want. You know what they say, there's no such thing as bad press/publicity/votes. As long as someone is "interested" in me as the star of the show and paying attention to me, that's sufficient. And if they don't, I'll bring attention to myself. Logically, as each act nears its end, it becomes clear that I'm the best, and I therefore have no need for silly votes at that point; a standing ovation usually suffices.

SirGabriel wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@SirGabriel: Bard claims to have info in role-pm that LaserGuy is Town. If you think Bard is very townie why do you have LaserGuy so low?

I generally look at players individually when doing analysis posts. I had forgotten that Bard claimed LaserGuy was town, and (unless I missed something) that wasn't mentioned in any of LaserGuy's posts, so I didn't factor it into my analysis. I'll reevaluate and get back to you later.

All I'm going to say about this for now is that I'm somewhat surprised about you forgetting this. To be fair, I don't find you scummy, but this feels odd. And yes, he did mention it (and even got a response back).
LaserGuy wrote:Speaking of whom, I unfortunately have no countervailing information in support of Bard.

More soon. My thoughts right now are that Yolo has not improved in my eyes at all, and I need to do a re-read of jimbob. And based on his list, I need to do a specific re-read of plytho/bard/sabrar. I'll do this re-read now, but wanted to at least get a post out as promised.

Return to “Mafia”