Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby dimochka » Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm UTC

Quick edit post: I just realized that when I last said Sabrar I meant znirk, so really I'm working on detailed reads on both.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Vote: dimochka

Unvote: dimochka

That's not sufficient, to be frank. My goal is to be top of mind at all times, not just for a brief moment. The last 24 hours are less important, but prior to that someone should be watching me carefully.

mpolo wrote:
dimochka wrote:Quick edit post: I just realized that when I last said Sabrar I meant znirk, so really I'm working on detailed reads on both.

Sabrar D2 is Znirk D1, in case you missed that.

Yes, thanks. I got confused halfway through as to why Sabrar is still talking when he was dead. Everything I said about him D1 still stands, but any inferences to D2 may need a review.

Ok let's see now. Jimbob re-read (now that we know that he's town):
Spoiler:
Post 1: mentions presence of supernatural scum (and downplays regular - now we know why). Votes dethstalker.
P2: Examines voting mechanics that may exist. Guessing SDK might be a lyncher (a feeling I mentioned to share). Also questions the presence of two scum factions (I think we all agree that it's extremely likely given the circumstances); believes if two exist they're not mirror images (once again, I agree). Questions laserguy's comment on voting which had no actual opinion (agree, looks off), and boomfrog's playstyle (don't have an issue with it).
P3: (side note: some unrelated parts of jimbob's post can be connected to form my post restriction); Sees laserguy as rolefishing (tbh I don't, not here at least), further explains the argument of why SDK could be claiming. Also feels boomfrog isn't contributing. I'm seeing a bit of tunneling, though obviously don't think it's intentional.
P4: Pushes back re:sabrar's suggestion to lynch DS on D2 for that extra vote. I agree in general because roles are allocated randomly, but I definitely see the point sabrar was making - if DS was town, he would have caused an automatic loss in LYLO.
P5: more arguing with sabrar. Kind of irrelevant since we know both were town.
P6: reads list. only mentioning the ones not considered town or surprising to me - bard (no original content, active-lurking), dethstalker (a given), me (due to lurking), freezeblade (lurking), gopher (not lurking, but little content / scumhunting), yolo (little content, but no scummy vibe), laserguy (same reasoning as before), madge (no content), sabrar (same reasoning as before), znirk (weird re: laserguy directing team, +madge/bessie mixup).
P7: more sabrar vs. jimbob arguing re:DS (ignoring going fwd since we know alignments of all 3). Good points regarding roles that would make SDK town; I did not realize this earlier.
P8: more sabrar vs. jimbob re: DS
P9: more sabrar vs. jimbob re: DS (finally, a semi-resolution!)
P10: asks laserguy about his vote on bessie, finds SirG's and BF's lists unhelpful (no explanation), doesn't see bessie's point regarding him defending DS (irrelevant), likes plytho post minus lack of comment on bessie. finds SDK's latest post less reassuring.
P11: Agrees with sabrar re: Laserguy's voting restriction not being a big deal as long as we avoid L-1
P12: New reads list. major changes included bessie a bit less town, me a bit more townie, gop scummy but a bit better, yolo slightly more townie, laserguy "downgraded" to indie. Madge feels townie, plytho likely town, sabrar scummy but improving, sdk still town, sirg slightly townie and requires reread
P13: more sabrar vs. jimbob, dont think it's relevant
P14: ask re:Bard about breadcrumbs for Laserguy's defense
P15: shifts more towards sabrar being town and not analyzing bard+laserguy. votes DS
P16: response to sabrar re: reads list, irrelevant imo

The things that stand out from scum reads are: bard active lurking other than defense of laserguy, znirk scummy for no content (now not as relevant), gopher scummy, laserguy indie.

2. znirk (unspoilered because so little content)
Post 1 (and only 1): reads post. I'm townie for some reason (I may have an idea why but who knows if it's the same one). SDK might be in scum team with bessie, if i'm reading correctly. Laserguy instructing scum team on what to do. Gopher townie. I think that's it?
@sabrar - do you know why he has me as townie?

3. Bard - questions the bessie/sdk confirmation. pages 1-4 basically nothing helpful. page 5 finally some analysis, but mostly agreeing with reads. vote on gopher feels like a safe bet given he's the only person analyzed. remainder of d1 content is about laserguy. semi protects sdk (says could be similar reasoning but could be completely different). Right now feels to me like some kind of indie. Still finds GoP scummy due to his thoughts on D1 re: DS.
@Bard - does your PM implicitly/explicitly mention GoP's role?

More soon. Right now based on what I see, I'm finding Bard more scummy than before. Next I'll review GoP, Znirk.Sabrar, and Plytho. And then Madge.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 24, 2017 1:47 am UTC

unvote

If the deadline is in less than 24 hours, you can remove it. I was going off the assumption that we got an extension.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 24, 2017 4:38 pm UTC

Quick post just to show that I don't need to re-vote myself. I will also have a vote before end of day (not on myself).

I'm opposed to a bessie lynch. I can post my thoughts regarding her, but I see very little that would make me vote for her. I think it's better served re-reading plytho and GoP.

Not opposed to an SDK lynch but I think there are better candidates. I still believe that he isn't town, but probably more indie than anything.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 24, 2017 5:10 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@Madge and everyone else not voting. That's plytho, dimochka, kalira, Bard and Madge. You should be voting in D2. If most of you are townies, you are giving scum control over the lynch by not voting. It doesn't matter if you aren't certain. A townie voting their best read is still better than scum voting for a townie. Vote, or at least tell us who you want to vote for. No weaseling out. Give us a single name.

Yes, I will (as I mentioned in my last post). With all else equal it's Yolo but I didn't want to put a vote down yet because I haven't gone through his D2 responses that happened over the last 24 hours.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:That said, I'm going to point out that I wouldn't have roleblocked AND killed jimbob.

Yeah, I could be part of the other team, but I want to note that disconnect. I can prove my power if y'all leave me be.

I agree with this, but only insomuch as to mention that I don't think you are part of the supernatural team. If anything, D1 tells me that you would be part of the regular team (if you're scum altogether, that is).

BoomFrog wrote:town!YOLO: Shakespeare is fun, thee thou forthwith! blah blah blah, swag vote for pressure. Wow dude's crumbling. SDK presents madge, sounds ligit, but I like my gut read better. Dude's scum. D2, blah blah too much flavor. Shakespear's confusing. Lynch flipped scum lets lynch the off-wagoners. Oh right there's two scum teams, whatever. Blah blah, I'm not reading all that. OH shit I'm on the block, YOLO mode activated.

Guild!YOLO: Shakespeare is fun, thee thou forthwith! ugg, I'm mates with plytho and dethstalker, w/e I can win this solo. SWAG vote stalker, put some distance between us. Wow, dude's crumbling, w/e better just let it ride. SDK proposes madge, no I can't lose my credit here. Dude just roll over and die for me. Night chat: plytho just do what your doing we got this. Kill sabrar because they'll focus JimBob. D2 alright, JimBob's dead, go after the off-wagon. Oh right, the other scum team.

Okay yeah, that second scenario doesn't make sense. Guild YOLO would have noticed the second kill in flavor if he was killing sabrar to push the jimbob angle. YOLO clearly didn't read the D2 start flavor. Okay, actually, I just convinced myself back. YOLO didn't read the D2 start flavor but did know that dethstalker was scum. He was planning his reaction during the night and just posted that without wading through the shakespear flavor. I don't know why he killed Sabrar but his brain fart on the second scum team makes sense now.

I literally have no clue how you reached those conclusions. Can someone explain? I think it aligns with what I'm thinking, but I just don't see how BF got there.

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Fine. One question for you first. Which scumteam do you think YOLO is on?
I think he is buddies with DethStalker. Just a hunch.

Yes, agree, exactly.

What else... I think laserguy is tunnelling on bessie. I don't see it. Actually I see part of it - scum bessie would probably take advantage of the town label that was tossed onto her. But I don't see anything else that would indicate scum.
I think that Yolo is more likely scum than GoP, but GoP is a possible scumbuddy. However, I disagree with Plytho, I think, about them being supernatural. I think, if anything, one or both are Guild.

I don't want to put Yolo at L-1, but otherwise I'd be voting for him.

dimochka

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act III opens in chaos

Postby dimochka » Tue May 30, 2017 7:38 pm UTC

Hi everyone, apologies for missing the first part of the play; I had Memorial Day events the last 1.5 days. I'm sure nothing important happened anyways, since you can't do the play without its biggest star.

vote dimochka

I have one minor piece of news from the night I can report on, though it's not very helpful at this point. Once I re-read this day, I'll consider sharing (for what it's worth, I don't think it's detrimental either, but it would help to see if I can catch a liar in the posts so far). Meanwhile, are there any specific questions towards me? I also think we should have claims for most people either today or D4 at the latest. I also want to make the point that I was 100% supportive of Yolo lynch, as I had noted before, and simply did not want to put him at L-1. I know I promised to have a vote and did not at the end, so I have no problem making sure that I have one down today (provided my restriction is satisfied).

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 pm UTC

So upon my reread of GoP, a few things stand out. GoP, if those were already addressed and I missed it, please point me to where.
1. First post mentions two scum factions, then proceeds to downplay that idea while mentioning SK and other possibilities. That doesn't change on D2. And then he questions madge regarding her 2:2 scum team opinion, saying that others mentioned 2:3 (yet failing to bring up his own opinion).
2. Dethstalker read. Already discussed, but I didn't really understand where the switch from "newbie town, and there are better targets that actually look scummy" to "unhelpful town, ok with lynching" happened. From my re-read, i would have expected him to try and persuade a different vote to happen. Also felt nit-picky, especially re:Jimbob.
3. Voting mechanics - easily accepts their presence in early D1, then wants townies to declare those early. This isn't scummy as much as just something I disagree with. Depending on the relevant power, scum may not need to kill the target - I think this is where we misalign - but instead would just need to be aware of it. Giving scum that extra info is in my opinion detrimental, especially that early in the game.
4. Scum reads - this could be complete coincidence, but the overwhelming feeling as I was reading GoPs scum vs. town list (and comparing to flips) is - he's been wrong most of the time. Could just be mistakes, but worth noting. Don't really see inconsistencies in his thinking or sudden changes other than what I already mentioned.

So for me GoP falls somewhere in the bucket between strangely misguided townie and potential scum. I initially thought he may have hinted at being vig (early D1), but at this point I doubt that he is one. If he is scum, I think supernatural is more likely.

-----------

madge
-agrees we should keep vote mechanics secret from scum at this point. seems to hint that her role may have some kind of vote manipulation mechanic.
-pm points to supernatural and non-supernatural ppl
-mentions cults as possibility
-points to me as having some insider knowledge re: my setup prediction
-role is probably a duplicate of someone else's

Honestly not finding Madge helpful. Her claims that her power is useless seem more frustrated townie than not (and align with madge's usual town play where she likes actual data to vote for someone), but could definitely be scum avoiding reporting something that can backfire.
@Madge - it would help if you would do a bit of a more comprehensive analysis of someone that isn't assumed town by most. Even if it's me

EBWOP: @Sabrar, I'll respond in a moment. This should actually answer one of those questions. Looking at plytho with next post I'm doing now but felt like I should post something meanwhile.

Bard is still my first pick for a lynch, but I find GoP as a possible candidate at this point, though i'd appreciate if people opined on the things I picked up.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 31, 2017 2:32 pm UTC

Edit: my bard analysis post is at work and I don't want to re-create it from scratch. I'll post it when I get into work in about an hour and a half. I'll just add to it the answers to sabrar's questions.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 31, 2017 2:36 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Actually, reading through kalira's post again I think there is merit in the idea that we have lovers (or unreciprocated lovers) in different scum-factions. That might make 3-3 possible, no experience with something like this.
I think that Bard is still safer to lynch than LaserGuy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that fall under non-randomized setup then? I'm not discounting that as a possibility, but then that would mean that there was a decent chance (from a probability standpoint) for 3-3 with townies being one-sided lovers, or town-scum pair.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 31, 2017 6:36 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
dimochka wrote:4. Scum reads - this could be complete coincidence, but the overwhelming feeling as I was reading GoPs scum vs. town list (and comparing to flips) is - he's been wrong most of the time.

I don't see this one.
D1 list: gets Sabrar1.0, bessie right plus most likely SirGabriel plus dimochka from your pov on the town side. Gets YOLOSWAG right on scum-side. Wrong about BoomFrog and jimbob. Don't see how that is 'wrong most of the time'.
D2 list: this is a bit worse, gets BoomFrog and most likely SirGabriel wrong at scum-side, gets YOLOSWAG right, town-side is filled up with still living players. Still does not warrant your comment in my opinion.

You're partially right. I wasn't going off the lists but rather off the posts. It seemed that his focus has been on people I found townie - Bessie and Boomfrog. And he was harsher on SDK than I was (though I had him lower on my list because I considered him not strictly town, and I'm not entirely sure that that's changed). Both of his votes seemed to be "oh well let's lynch person X whom everyone wants to lynch, but I really want to lynch person Y", and that person Y both times turned out to be town (I think that was Jimbob D1?)

dimochka

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby dimochka » Wed May 31, 2017 6:37 pm UTC

SDK wrote:In the interest of reading into players' content, could anyone who has a posting restriction and not yet claimed it just post explicitly what it is? I have none.

I think I was clear with mine, but I'll spell it out. I have to have a vote on me at all times except in the last 24 hours, even if it's my own vote.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 31, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:dimochka posts! Read of GoP feels kind of incomplete. Most of what dimochka mentions about GoP is basically D1 content. Doesn't really talk much about anything Gopher has done since. Read of Madge looks fine. He's promised more content. Hope he delivers, as he does have a tendency to make these sort of promises and then not follow through. Also curious about the night result he mentioned.

No, that is not D1 content. That is content until this post. It's just starting from D1. D3 I felt like he nonchalantly switched to his next "targets". If it were me I'd be worried about how my scum reads have been wrong. But different people have different posting styles. I can see people not bothering with the whole "oh crap I was wrong, whatever will I do now".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:I was expecting to see full read-lists from SDK and dimochka at least by the time I get up. Deadline is approaching and there's just a single post in the last 7 hours? Dreadful.

Working on it right now.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:18 pm UTC

I'm terrible as usual. here's my read of plytho and kalira, sorry if messy. finishing laserguy now and then need to do sabrar, but with those two I'll have my town to scum list done.

plytho - [D1] finds sdk's claim weird, esp asking if anyone else has same claim re:bessie. questioning votals. says dethstalker shouldn't be autolynch. First reads list feels safe. more of a recap without actual explanations, and under questioning says it's not fully correct and confidence in it is low. mostly focused on gop argument vs. dethstalker townieness and sabrar vs. voting for dethstalker because of lylo risk. [D2] First post recap. Sticks to GoP as scummy but also looks at Yolo. decent read list but once again when questioned on it admits that it wasn't as good (re:sabrar's question about Yolo). Yolo then got demoted without any real explanation. Various levels of analysis of madge throughout. seems to see others with similar lists as townie. [D3] good response to gop and more questioning. more good responses to sabrar. overall d3 starting to look better, although a lot of it is conversation with gop. until the reads, which are also solid imo.
overall townie, improved over time.

Freezeblade/Kalira - [d1] thinks i'm roleplaying too much. knows about supernatural powers. so probably not guild. replaced by kalira. [d2] her first post with content is in line with my read of freezeblade. doesnt believe there is an sk (agreed). makes a good point about SDK not likely to be a part of the two anti-town factions. mentions the setup, like me (randomized and potentially duplicated roles). [d3] not that much content (not that i'm any better), with the biggest thing that jumps out is her desire to lynch laserguy over bard (which makes sense given her reads). I really can't see them both being scum because same team would be way too big a risk (especially given SDK's original claim) and different teams seems unlikely (though possible). Seems to be playing it safe, trying not to ruffle feathers, at least until the very last post.
overall neutral.

EBWOP: ninja'd by sdk, will read in a min.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm UTC

First of all, I targeted Sabrar N2. I won't currently say with what, but if I die at night it'll be clear.

Laserguy Read:
Spoiler:
first post concerned (or fake concerned) about bessie's well being. guesses 6 nontown - 2/2 scum pair, lyncher, survivor. feels townie for now, though 2 is too weak. when questioned mentions coaligned scum (??). explains thoughs of two factions and pushes back on proposed voting mechanics. explains antitown outlook on SDK (makes sense from his angle, if he ignores the idea of lyncher). reads list looks ok for a D1 list (where several people had low content). D1 mentions the game being taxing playing as town after two games as scum... didn't he have previous mafia experience? strange statement. [d2] points out yolo's strange ask to vote out of specific pool of people. analysis re:bessie (i actually see some of those points as valid, even with bessie's flip). more good points about bessie worrying about how people read her more than trying to scumhunt in other content. sees gop as scummy too. focuses too much on bessie and explaining his view of bessie imo. and reading into her play (she's generally just a nice player, in regards to dethstalker responses). explains yolo view switch. finds SDK's view of one scum team + SK strange (i do too... I thought at that point it was relatively accepted, though not proven). reading too much into the setup (roleblocker same team as rb immune). [d3] explanation re:bessie feels ok, but at this point he really should focus on other people. further explains his change of heart on yolo and read of sdk/bessie. d3 much less scumhunting. actually none until we get to the reads. labels madge as possible sk (i don't see how that would work whatsoever unless it's an SK without a kill). don't understand his read of plytho - @Laserguy feel free to explain how he's "coordinating". read of bard is strange. actually this whole post feels off. explanation re plytho/gop scumminess is ok. i feel like read on madge flip flops between "she's scum" and "she could be indie" a lot. don't see why he switched vote to kalira.
Overall D3 feels like it's significantly lacking in scumhunting and targets are switching a lot. I understand that it may be due to incorrect read on the bessie/SDK situation, but I still expect more at this point. I'll have to see what comes of the bard flip but at this point LG not looking good.

My bard reads list has been forgotten and is still on the work computer which I probably won't get to in time. Let me try to summarize.
Spoiler:
Bard looked ok D1, though I was heavily influenced by his claim about LG. D2 he was easy to jump on GoP given interaction with dethstalker. Also had few actual reads otherwise and didn't scumhunt much. Reads list came kinda out of nowhere, don't see reasoning for a lot of it. responds to my question. still no scumhunting - wants to vote for gop but willing to vote for yolo, without much explanation (yes there was discussion in thread but he's kinda following the pack here). admits tunneling on gop, but doesn't do anything about it. given sdk's claim d3, bard looks less likely to be town. somewhat agree with his response to SDK about claiming mason. Thinks SDK is indie (i think this might actual point to him being an indie himself, if not scum altogether, the way it's phrased). Don't believe his claim re: Laserguy being confirmed town. Would likely be same as SDK. somewhat feels like he's given up. though he is consistent with claim. brings up SKs out of nowhere. analyses this "relationship" between him and laserguy (not helpful imo). so he's somewhere between frustrated town by the role he's given and potential scum. But scum lean for the simple reason that several times he's tried to bring up ideas that didn't really align with his thoughts (mostly around the analysis of the relationship and bringing up SK). plus complete lack of scumhunting. I'm ok with his lynch.

Current list:
SirG
Sabrar
Plytho
SDK (still think indie is possible, but I can see how that claim would make sense)
Kalira
Madge
GoP
Laserguy
Bard

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:24 pm UTC

kalira wrote:Vote Bard

Damn it, I just got back to vote since I realized I haven't had a single vote not on myself all game. Doesn't really matter though, I agree with this lynch.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm UTC

Yeah probably makes sense. doubt anything incredible will happen now.

unvote
vote bard

dimochka

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby dimochka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:36 pm UTC

Hello friends and colleagues. I'm disappointed in the night results; I was hoping to be the one targeted. I agree that the balance feels significantly off. And yes, it seems that I was wrong and supernatural likely has 3 people left, so we need to look carefully.

I didn't post earlier because of my vote restriction, which further complicates things. I wanted to make sure to be able to be on in case someone votes for me. I turned on alerts so I can be sure to be on anytime there is an update. But if there is a vote on me, if someone can please quote me, do it so I can login and remove my own vote.

vote dimochka

At this point, I'll be looking the bottom 3 on my list most closely. We haven't been wrong yet, and somehow we still cannot make a mistake. That's pretty terrible.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:39 pm UTC

I don't even know which is which but it's now both subscribed and bookmarked.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:dimochka's restriction is very bad if he's Town, luckily we're only at MYLO so scum can't hammer. Also no day-chat means it's harder for scum to coordinate though it can still be done.

@dimochka: is your restriction lifted in LYLO? If not is it allowed for you not to post until the final 24 hours?

I literally just asked this question and got a response. It is NOT lifted at regular LYLO, but it IS lifted when we're down to 3 players (to avoid one person quick-hammering).

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:52 am UTC

Madge wrote:OK so I was roleblocked again last night (unless mpolo forgot about me, but I'm guessing I was RBed again).

If you really were roleblocked, that sucks - you haven't had a single successful action all game if I recall correctly? I'd be very annoyed if I had that happen to me.

On the other hand, if you really were roleblocked every single night... that's a very convenient claim for scum to make.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:46 pm UTC

It's working but I'm in a meeting till noon PST. I have a one-shot guardian ability, which protects against supernatural kills. I used my protection on sabrar N2 as I had mentioned earlier. For a number of reasons I think LaserGuy is lying. More later.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@dimochka: Is guardian a bodyguard-type ability?

no, it's like a doctor but only protects against supernatural.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

yes

unvote

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:06 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Town to scum list:
Gopher
SirGabriel
Madge
plytho
Kalira
Sabrar
dimochka
Laserguy

I will vote later. If I die tonight, look hard at Sabrar.

Why look specifically at Sabrar, and why am I below Sabrar if you haven't mentioned me a single time?

dimochka

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby dimochka » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 pm UTC

Quick post here. I obviously have nothing to report from the night. I also unfortunately won't be very responsive during work hours this week (so 9am-6pm PST). If you need me please post something quoting me. I will still check things during lunch and every so often, and will be able to respond if needed.

Explanation
Spoiler:
Our senior analyst's dad passed away suddenly this weekend. As a result, he will be out this whole week, and our three-person team is temporarily a two-person team. I will make an effort to be more active in the evenings and early mornings for the remainder of this game.

EBWOP: I was going to vote for myself but apparently I don't need to.

vote gopher of pern

because you either got redirected or are lying.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:23 pm UTC

OK apologies, I am around and reviewing right now. I don't see any logical scenario in which Gopher isn't scum, and it's more than one thing. I'll summarize in a bit. I'm not particularly surprised about his claim. Going to try to identify who his possible remaining scummate is.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:56 pm UTC

kalira wrote:dim, given that we are at potential MYLO, why would you place essentially a OMGUS vote down on GoP without first confirming that you believe him to be scum? You acknowledge the possibility that he's misled town but still place the vote before making sure your feelings on his scummitude, leading to potential supernatural bandwagon onto a townie.

Not exactly. First of all, I believe that it was warranted. Second, if GoP is town, then by voting for me he just created the exact same situation you're describing, and my response to him changes nothing. And third, we have six people and four to hammer. All this means is that we shouldn't have another person vote until we decide.

EBWOP: apparently you're all ninjas

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 am UTC

Wait what does that mean? Basically that our situation hasn't changed from previous day?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:There is no chance that my ability was redirected.

In fact, bringing up the redirection, when there has been no evidence so far of redirection abilities (aside from maybe one of Kalira's gifts), really seems like stretching. It was dimochka who brought it up.

No, that's actually called considering different possibilities. The fact that you point this out as "Stretching" shows that you don't want people to consider alternatives. We can't afford to make a mistake right now.
Gopher of Pern wrote:Why haven't you brought up the fact that we should No Lynch today?

I know this wasn't directed at me but I considered it. For me it didn't make sense for two reasons. #1 given your response to my question, there is no other option other than you lying about the result to try and stay in line with your previous day claim. And #2 given that both Yolo and LG mentioned a traitor, I'm not entirely sure that they both made it up, as they are on different teams.

Your claims have been inconsistent, your role that has a "cushion" is unlikely to me and sounds like something VERY convenient for scum (because having a role of "here try to use this cop a few times, but if you're that wrong after 3 days the mod will still give you a right answer" does not sound like something that would happen). By the way, is this after 3 failures? Or is this only if the first 3 fail? Are you going to have another one of those "I know who's scum result because my powers told me and it can't get redirected" tomorrow too? It's easy to make up a modification to your powers when some other people are actually constricted by voting mechanics.

Gopher of Pern wrote:if Laserguy was my buddy I would have hammered him much earlier to prevent them from talking.

This is complete wine and means nothing. As do a lot of other statements today since you're scum. Your scum reads this game have been exceedingly wrong - and mind you, this is with a supposed cop action. You've mentioned trying to figure out people's roles and votes early in D1 which did not seem helpful (I already mentioned this earlier) and it was surprising how you accepted a lot of the mechanics immediately while apparently not having one yourself (the not having it isn't scummy, but the way you talked about it was).

Looking back at your interaction specifically with kalira/madge/plytho (I'm keeping sabrar out of this because I simply don't you see you two being on the same team):
D1 you point to plytho's list and ask why his top town reads are there when you read them as neutral, yet you have him at the top of your list (after old sabrar). Also of note, you leave me out of your analysis several times throughout the days (one of the examples is on D1, where you mention both Sabrar and Boomfrog having madge/kalira/me at the top of their list, yet only ask about the other two. There are other examples in D1 and other days). Willing not to lynch madge d2 due to RL (that's fine). Analysis of plytho with a conclusion of likely town due to being right about dethstalker, even though disagree with list. Puts him as helpful but easily swayed. Quick question to madge re: her vote on SirG. Some disagreement with plytho about revealing bessie's mason-mate (doesn't feel like a disagreement between teammates). Further analysis of plytho show that you yourself have been going back and not seeing why you said some of the things you did (could be honest, but could equally be a way to deflect people analyzing you). Looking back at D3 list you had sabrar and plytho as townie, and the rest as scummy/neutral, without much explanation (ie "had some concerns from before"). Then finding me scummy for being largely correct about my reads, and that post kinda sounds like what someone would say to go back to when trying to lynch someone. Promised a read on madge yet that didn't come. And then madge is declared town by him. Convenient.

This is through mid-d4 so I'm not done and will finish asap. But at this point Gop/madge team seems most likely to me. Which is somewhat surprising to me, because while madge has not been playing like a townie, her writing style screams town to me. Though I don't remember the last game that she was scum in. Will go back to find it today unless someone knows.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:21 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
dimochka wrote:Though I don't remember the last game that she was scum in. Will go back to find it today unless someone knows.

Pen Pal, Secret Santa 2015

Thanks, reviewing now.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@dimochka: why didn't you claim PGO? Serious question.

Serious answer - it's part of what got me lynched d1 in Dark Tower, when people found it weird. And I realized that game that for the people who don't get the reference (which is apparently most), it is indeed weird. So I decided to drop it altogether. I actually wanted to live past d1.

My reading of madge yesterday didn't do much to help this case. Strangely enough I did not even remember my playing in Pen Pals, so most of the time I was reading I was trying to figure what madge's role was. She did have a different meta there (less confused-sounding, more certain, more pushy), but she was also an independent so it's not quite the same thing. In the other example she got lynched D1 as scum, but we all know how much Madge loves D1. With that being said, everything else ignored, i'd say her playstyle is different from those two.

Gopher of Pern wrote:There is no town redirector, and everyone's results have seemed to be on point, so it is highly unlikely scum would have a redirector, as that would unbalance the scum teams.

We have quite a few one-shot powers, so I didn't feel that the question was out of place. Unlike you I'm actually considering different possibilities.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Re: NL: You know #1 is bogus, and #2, well, I considered that possibility, but if so, we are likely lost already.

#1 I actually don't know this as bogus, but ok. #2 if there is a traitor, you're correct. If there is a survivor, then no. The survivor can choose teams (and would actually be able to play kingmaker if that were the case), but that's likely irrelevant.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I don't think kalira should give gift to myself or dimochka. Whoever gets lynched, the other is likely to get killed in the night, due to being confirmed town.

This actually sounds very weird, and feels like it's coming from scum's perspective. Here's why (just going to use boolean cases):
Case 1: GoP is town, I'm town. One of us gets lynched. Scum keeps the other alive because he'll be pegged as scum and lynched first thing tomorrow.
Case 2: GoP is town, I'm scum. If GoP is lynched, I'm not getting killed at night because I'm scum, so that's irrelevant. If i'm lynched, GoP would get killed to avoid being confirmed town.
Case 3: GoP is scum, I'm town. Exact opposite of case 2. If GoP is lynched, I get killed at night to avoid being confirmed town. If I'm lynched, GoP survives because he's scum.
Case 4: GoP is scum, I'm scum. Regardless one of us survives the night.

So a few things here:
1. In most cases, the other person likely survives the night. Actually in only 2/8 cases (each of the above 4 cases has two options depending on which one of us is lynched) the other person dies at night.
2. You would probably agree that living players (you and me excluded) are currently finding you more scummy than me. And this was also the case when you wrote this post. Now from that perspective, you should at least give weight to the possibility that you would get lynched today. The only scenario in which you get lynched today and I get killed at night is Case #3, the case in which you're scum and I'm town. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:22 pm UTC

kalira wrote:I feel like town!dim should be more suspicious of GOP at this point, so I find it a little suspicious that he forgot there's no way both of them can be town.

I literally said that I'm doing a boolean case analysis (and I'm sorry if this wasn't clear). This isn't about forgetting, this is just making sure I mention all hypothetical possibilities.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:But they are not possibilities, and even if you count them, you should discount them for your conclusion.

But in my mind, someone who is town would consider all the possibilities, not end up at a conclusion that for me only makes sense (like I explained) if the person writing is scum. This isn't related to the fact that I believe you're scum based on your claim. This is how I interpret how you wrote it. I always analyze all possibilities, regardless how remote.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:35 pm UTC

I don't really see how else you would phrase it. I know that he's scum but the rest of you don't. I literally don't know what other language/words I would use.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:'Feels like' sounds like you're not sure about it. I would simply say 'This is coming from scum because...'

What I didn't like about several of GoP posts is how for me it feels like it's exploring a singular direction, and completely ignoring the other side (case in point him saying that he won't engage me, and there were a few other specific examples). My point was, if someone other than me looks at it, this is what it would look like. Looking back I would not have changed my language, because if someone responds" this is coming from scum because", that would actually look suspicious to me - like he's trying to make me not look at both sides. It automatically feels WINE-y.

dimochka

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm UTC

NICE! Awesome work team. Off to read spoilers.

Also a quick note - my excuses about being busy/away were completely truthful, but I also realized (for the first time) that I tend to active lurk as scum. I will make an effort to stop doing that, and I'm posting it here so I don't have an excuse in future games.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:53 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I think letting people who have been nightkilled replace back into the game is against the spirit of the game though, despite it being common practice.

The general consensus is that it isn't preferred, but it's better than modkilling.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:29 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Kind of. If plytho and dimochka looked for the word "transparent" in our scumchat, they would have found this, and only this, post:
dimochka wrote:I feel like Kalira would've been a bit more transparent had she had a cop. I just don't see that play anywhere. She would've also had more information, but doesn't look like she does. I mean I would've expected her to cop Laserguy on N2.

In them main thread, the only time the word appears is something that Bard wrote, so I felt it was specific enough if they went looking for it. From what we knew already at that point, it pretty much had to be you or Madge.

I completely missed this. That was a good play on your part. But at least I did figure out that you weren't just spreading wine! I also did post this for Kalira:
dimochka wrote:The survivor can choose teams (and would actually be able to play kingmaker if that were the case), but that's likely irrelevant.

I thought it might hint that she should side with us.

Return to “Mafia”