Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Gopher of Pern

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:52 am UTC

Madge, try to find scum. Unless you are godfather. In which case, damn you.

Stop listening to Sabrar. I am sure he is scum. There is no mention of 'enemy' in jimbobs role, which mirrors mine except for the 1-shot.

Vote: Sabrar
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:41 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@Gopher of Pern: I ask you whether your role-pm mirrors my own in that it explicitly references both scum-factions. You confirm that. Now you state that your role-pm mirrors that of jimbob whose role-pm does not mention the Guild at all. Yes, you're 100% scum.

You never said anything about both scum factions. You said enemy. I have the word enemy, but only as part of my extra ability.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:42 am UTC

Madge wrote:
kalira wrote:LaserGuy -- claims 1-shot tracker (no restrictions). Tracked plytho N3 (visited no one).
plytho -- claims doc for Guild kills. Protected SirG, Sabrar, SirG.

Like, I'm not misreading the above, am I?

No Madge. One of plytho or Laserguy must be scum. I'll vote for Laserguy, but I'm just as convinced that Sabrar is scum.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:33 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Will reply after I hear back from the mod.
Seems I'm not allowed to continue this line of discussion. Rest assured that the fact that you lied (or 'misdirected') D2 would alone have been enough for me to catch you, my inquiries into how your pm was worded was just for going from 95% surety to 100%.

Seeing as you haven't caught me, as I am town, you might let up on that.

I really can't see you making this mistake as town. So you must be scum. I'm just annoyed that I only started to doubt you this day.

You're probably bussing laserguy to get townie cred, and will leave me alive to discredit me tomorrow. If there is a third, it's likely dimochka.

I was about to vote for Laserguy, but plytho just did. I'll leave it there.

Whelp. Plytho/Kalira/Sabrar team? Sabrar did downplay the scum inventor.

Can anyone tell me what Sabrar has done to make him so townie this game? Honestly, he hasn't done anything that scum/Sabrar hasn't done.

Apologies to mpolo for that part of discussion.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am UTC

Yes, it's all wine. If we had another lynch, I'd say kill me now, just to prove you wrong. But we don't have that luxury.

Fact is, scum know I'm not lying. I have an ability that will out one of them. Of course, convincing you of that, is basically impossible.

Throwing out names? They're my best two guesses. Sabrar/Laserguy/Dimochka, or Sabrar/Kalira/plytho. Very faint chance that Madge is GF. But I doubt that.

I really hope it is the former, because we are lost if Laserguy is not scum.

Kinda wish there was a suicide button. I reckon my death tonight would help town more than anything. Not because I'm scum, but because it would clear everything up. Cmon, scum, kill me!
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:20 pm UTC

i was going to vote a while ago. But I don't think it's necessary.

Sigh... Town is going to lose this.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:40 pm UTC

If there is a traitor, it better not be a 3 man supernatural team. No way we can win.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

Vote: Dimochka

I will be away due to travel. I'm on my phone, so I won't be able to answer your question yet Sabrar. I did notice that you didn't ask for me to claim. But here it is. Dimochka is scum. They are a ghost. If there is a third, it is likely Sabrar.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

I could not get redirected, I think (will confirm), as I did not target you. I detected supernatural, and your name came up.

Your claim was also the least believable after Laserguy.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:15 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I will be away due to travel. I'm on my phone, so I won't be able to answer your question yet Sabrar. I did notice that you didn't ask for me to claim. But here it is. Dimochka is scum. They are a ghost. If there is a third, it is likely Sabrar.

1. I did not ask you to claim because you're scum and your claim means nothing.
2. I have a truly spectacular wine-y reason why I can't be dimochka's scum-buddy. Just for the sake of conversation please share your thoughts of who else could be the third scum and why.

For the sake of conversation :

Madge would have been high on the list, bar for her already being copped by me. I also felt better about her play yesterday, though that could have been the confirmation of her townie status talking. Chance of GF, but unlikely.

Plytho, in response to your questions, i did not look into mych early. After their attacks on me i looked into them, and they actually had good reasons to think that I was scum. I acknowledged that, and thought them townie, until they started to continue attacking me, for much more spurious reasons. Backed off a bit after that. I think they are likely town, probably tunneling me due to my early play.

Kalira, I'm less sure on. I haven't looked too closely at them, which needs to change, but they have been quietly posting, to me staying in the background mostly. Their claim is confirmed by others, but doesn't preclude them being scum.

So far, Kalira is most likely scum, aside from Sabrar. But I am not confident about that, and would have to read them.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 pm UTC

My reply is just from my memory, as I haven't had time to look through their posts yet. But yes, Kaliras interaction with Laserguy is a townie thing. If I have internet where I'm going I will look into them more closely.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:38 am UTC

There is no chance that my ability was redirected.

In fact, bringing up the redirection, when there has been no evidence so far of redirection abilities (aside from maybe one of Kalira's gifts), really seems like stretching. It was dimochka who brought it up.

Sabrar, I really hope you are scum, because otherwise you are just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. If you go back to the original setup you thought this was, there is indeed room there for me to be a cop. I do not see why you think my claim is so unbelievable.

But anyway, another nail in the Sabrar coffin:

Why haven't you brought up the fact that we should No Lynch today?
We are assuming we are at 4/2. We NL today, and go into tomorrow at 3/2. Scum team do not have a roleblock, so Madge, Kalira and myself can all act unimpeded. Dimochka and myself will survive the night (killing one of us off will only confirm the other), and we will have better odds of lynching the correct target on the next day.

Scum likely have a rolecop, especially if we look back at the setup Sabrar proposed. Kinda useless at this juncture.

One point against this plan is if there IS a traitor than can work for the scum team. But the only evidence for that is the WINEY posts from Laserguy and YOLO before they died.

Sabrar, you are a master at manipulating the facts to make town follow you. Going so hard against me...I just wish we had an extra lynch so we could lynch me, and prove you wrong once and for all.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:52 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I do not see why you think my claim is so unbelievable.
The unbelievable part is you getting a guaranteed result after 3 misses.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Why haven't you brought up the fact that we should No Lynch today?
Because it straight up loses the game if dimochka is Town. 3-2 LYLO, scum needs only to wait until dimochka is forced to vote himself (restriction is not lifted until 4 or less players remain) and can quick-hammer afterwards. So you're proposing a losing strategy and try to sell it off as a 'nail in my coffin'. Nice.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Scum likely have a rolecop, especially if we look back at the setup Sabrar proposed.
According to setup it's either rolecop or roleblocker, not both. That's why I'm hoping we can catch Madge with your lynch.

Why is that so unbelievable? It's not that powerful. One, I have to survive to d5 to use the ability. Two, I have to miss on all my previous actions. Three, you all have to believe me, which you obviously don't. Have you not noticed everyone pretty much has two things added to their regular role, whether that be a voting restriction and a post restriction, or a modification of their ability? I'm telling the truth.

Wasn't that the point of mpolo's rule change? Plus it doesn't matter. Dimochka is scum. So a NL will not result in dimochka being voted by scum. If you want, I will vote dimochka first thing the next day. If I don't, feel free to lynch me.

According to the setup, they are on power tier 3 (going by my analysis before). With my cop, they have 0 T's, which gives them both of roleblocker / rolecop. Not that it matters, as rolecop is essentially useless at this stage anyway, so I don't get your point.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:49 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:With my cop, they have 0 T's, which gives them both of roleblocker / rolecop.
How can you be so sure when setup was modified (see inclusion of Masons and Inventor)? It is impossible to guess at the exact setup unless you already know the roles available to scum.

NL might work with some stipulations but it doesn't get us closer to determine the correct lynch as we don't know which result to trust and have no second chanceto get it right. Your flip might seal the game immediately right now, without us having to guess again.

Yes, my flip will seal it, as a win for scum.

It won't help with the current lynch, yes. There is still one more lynch to go after this one though. Town knows one of myself or dimochka are scum. Beyond that, we are not sure. One more nights worth of results will help narrow that down. If I were scum, you would still have to find the other scum. Madge is a possibility, sure. But even so, I could have been setting her up. A NL will provide more information. I find it kinda ironic how you are usually in favour of the percentage town plays, but aren't on this one.

Thing is, your downsides are not downsides, because dimochka is scum. You have my promise that I will vote dimochka at the beginning of the next day. If I don't, just wait until the final 24 hours before lynching me.

Sabrar, if you are indeed town: Why do you think I'm scum? Can you provide anything aside from an unbelievable claim (which, despite the wine, I'll point out that I would not have made up myself as a falseclaim, especially after my analysis on what you think the setup was originally.)? Because I deliberately misled people about my role? I'm a fricken cop! I didn't want scum to pick me off. I did too good a job of it I suppose. I have been consistently town for awhile, and I do not believe I've changed anything this game.

To the rest of you (excluding Dimochka, lying scum): Why are you all following Sabrar so blindly? Seriously, aside from my early day 1 play, there's nothing scummy there. Look back through my posts as if you knew I were town. You will find good reasons for all of them. Sabrar is very conniving, very good at playing the percentage plays for town while working against it. It was even easier this time due to the two scum teams, so he could actually hunt scum.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:- Your claim is not consistent with previous content, dimochka's claim is.
- Your 'misdirection' is very low-key and I doubt it would make scum specifically think that you're not Cop.
- You have way too much wine.
- Your play is inconsistent with previous town!GoP as in by now you would be attacking me full-out for being scum and not trying to convince me that you're town.

These are off the top of my head, without reading back the thread.

How is it not consistent? It is the same as jimbob, except for being in use every night, and I have the extra added benefit.
My misdirection worked, so I don't see your point.
I like wine when it can foil scum. I think it's worked so far.
I am not 100% sure you are scum. I'm about 90% sure. And I have been attacking you. Did you not notice my vote yesterday? Hell, if Laserguy was my buddy I would have hammered him much earlier to prevent them from talking. I'm trying to convince everyone else that I'm town, as pointing out you are scum does me no good if I get lynched anyway.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am UTC

Again and again you misrepresent me.

Suppose you are. You only replaced in at the beginning of day 2. Meaning dimochka had no contact with you as a scum buddy yet. Yes, I can see them forgetting that you had replaced Znirk. It's plausible.

No, I started attacking you once you starting misrepresenting me. Just because it's a coincidence you posted that around the same time, means nothing to me.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Again and again you misrepresent me.
Yet you do not state how.

Yet again, I meant it that way! Misrepresented again.

Not that it matters. No one sees you for what you are. No one else is putting in the effort. You still have not named a single thing since day 1 that cannot be explained by me being town. Even after you ask a blatantly scummy thing, you're not going to be lynched. As for NL, if I'm right, we get new information from myself, kalira, and madge. On the off chance I am wrong, we still get more information from myself and one of kalira and madge, possibly both. Even if I am scum, the worst that happens is you delay my lynch by one day. It's a good deal for getting more information for the last lynch. Has no one not noticed the majority of bad voting mechanics are on the scum side? dethstalker, Laser, both had some vote mechanics the could have been manipulated by scum if they were town, but were on the scum side. So does dimochka.

Sick of arguing with a brick wall.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:41 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:EBWOP: you have absolutely no idea what goes around in my head. To call me a brick wall is insulting and does not endear me to you.

When you constantly ignore my points, it is like talking to a brick wall.

Of course, if you are scum, well played.

There is little to no risk for a NL. Even assuming madge and I are scum, it gives kalira another chance to gift a power. How is that bad?

There is no foolproof plan. Any plan would have you trust Madge, myself or both of us. Still, reducing odds, and another gift? With very minimal drawback?

Plytho, do I have 3 scumbuddies now? All I'm saying is you're reading me primarily as scummy due to my slips day1. Remove them, assume I'm town, and it makes sense.

Dimochka, you want to consider different possibilities? Maybe bring up some that are possible. There is no town redirector, and everyone's results have seemed to be on point, so it is highly unlikely scum would have a redirector, as that would unbalance the scum teams.

Re: NL: You know #1 is bogus, and #2, well, I considered that possibility, but if so, we are likely lost already. I think Laserguy was just taking advantage of YOLO's claim to spread more wine.

I only get a free cop if I get 3 non-supernatural results in a row. So, I would need another few days to get it back again. I don't think that will happen. I still don't get why it's easy? I would have made up a fake voting thing. Like Madge's convenient one.

Exceedingly wrong? I'm pretty sure I've been on point with the supernatural ones (though 2 haven't been revealed yet.) I did pick YOLO and Bard. Yes, I got bessie and Boomfrog wrong. You are exaggerating.

Just a few points to show how Dim is wrong. No point engaging them when I know they are scum.

Seriously, if I were scum, I'd have given up by now, if only to limit links between myself and my scumbuddy. It's almost always better to cut your losses. But yes, more WINE.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 am UTC

plytho, you thought I were coaching three people. They can't all be scum. So I'd been coaching town too?

Sabrar, at this stage, I would feel that Madge is more likely GF if you come back as town. And your thinking is that the gift will not be immediately useful. I did have a bulletproof vest they was useful in WoT Mafia.

I don't think kalira should give gift to myself or dimochka. Whoever gets lynched, the other is likely to get killed in the night, due to being confirmed town. If kalira gifts to yourself or plytho, and madge can target plytho, who targets randomly. If plytho dies, that would point to madge as being scum. If madge gets plythos target wrong, it points to her being scum.

Yeah, I think with the change that kalira targets yourself or plytho, that plan could work. It is unlikely that kaliras gift will still be out there, but theres a chance, and we can get more info on Madge.

If I cop you, and you turn up scum though...well, good game then.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:55 am UTC

I really only suspected them yesterday. I copped YOLO night 1, Boomfrog N2, and Madge N3. I had them all down as scummier than Sabrar. Last night I had my special action, so I did not get a choice as to who I would get.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 am UTC

You were the one who said madge should target plytho. I was going off your top thing.

If you want to check madge, get her to target me. I will not die during the night, and you can decide who claims first. If dimochka had a falseclaim that involved a targetable ability, she could have targeted dimochka, but alas. I would then have to target randomly during the night, from yourself, plytho and kalira.

Your first link:
I would assume that there would be little changes from the standard set up. The broad roles seem very similar (I think the only change to scum roles was unroleblockable instead of ninja, whereas town roles seem very similar, only with things added. It was an assumption yes, but the whole argument is kinda useless, as a goon is the same as a rolecop in this case (unless the rolecop gets details of roles, which I kinda doubt, for instance, the exact nature of kalira's gifts.)

Your second link:
I had forgotten about bessie's vote on me. These situations are why I'm not a big fan of vote mechanics. I have no reply to that, as it pokes a hole in my argument. The only thing I can say is that it relies on two players being alive at the end, instead of just one. To my perspective, they are both town as well.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:11 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I would assume that there would be little changes from the standard set up.
Snipped the quote (before you accuse me of taking things out of context again). You still do not provide an explanation for specifically thinking zero T. That is a scum-slip due to TMI (too much information).

Gopher of Pern wrote:I had forgotten about bessie's vote on me.
Kind of hard to swallow especially in light of your entrance.

Vote: Gopher of Pern

I'm committed to this.

I think zero T, because I am cop. Going from what I said when I fully looked into the standard set up, there was up to 2 T's missing from the setup. Those 2 T's would be filled in by me being a full cop. I'm sorry if I did not make this clear.

That was weeks ago. bessie's been dead since day 3. Of course I could forget.

Fine. Have fun losing. Doesn't matter what anyone does tonight if you lynch me.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:31 pm UTC

1. Sabrar as Regan — Killed N1: one-shot doctor
2. Znirk Sabrar as a Servant
3. freezeblade kalira as the Duke of Cornwall
4. SDK as Edgar – Killed N3: Wizard
5. SirGabriel as the Earl of Gloucester: Killed N4: Mason
6. Gopher of Pern as King Lear
7. Madge as Oswald
8. BoomFrog as The Fool — Killed N2: Tracker
9. plytho as Goneril
10. DethStalker as the Duke of Burgundy — Lynched D1: Guild unroleblockable
11. dimochka as Cordelia
12. bessie as Edmund — Killed N2: Mason
13. jimbobmacdoodle as an Officer — Killed N1: one-shot seer
14. #HBC | YOLOSWAG as the Doctor — Lynched D2: Guild roleblocker
15. LaserGuy as the King of France — Lynched D4: Phantom roleblocker
16. DGames | Bard as the Earl of Kent — Lynched D3: Guild goon

We have, for the supernatural side:
SDK as Wizard (Doctor) (D)
jimbobmacdoodle as one-shot seer (Cop) (C)

Hmm, you're right. I think I had (original) you down as a one shot doc against supernatural attacks, instead of against guild attacks. Which made it DDDDC at the time. With my cop, it made it DDDDCCC, leaving no T's. My mistake.

Looking at the cast now:

LaserGuy -- claims 1-shot tracker (no restrictions). Tracked plytho N3 (visited no one).
Gopher of Pern -- claims supernatural cop. Negative results on YOLO, BoomFrog, Madge.
Madge -- claims tracker (except for non-supernatural kills). Targeted bessie N2 (visited no one), GoP N3 (visited Madge).
dimochka -- claims 1-shot guardian against supernatural kill. Protected Sabrar N2.
Sabrar (v2.0) -- claims cop identifying Guild members. Negative results on SirG, GoP.
kalira -- claims inventor. Sent items to bessie N1, SirG N3.
SirGabriel -- confirmed mason with bessie.

Only Madge, dimochka and I have claimed stuff for dealing with supernatural.

Confirmed deaths: DC
With my claim: DCCC
With Madges claim: DCI
With dimochka's claim: DDDDC (with a jailkeeper not claimed)

Now, to compute the possibilities is a bit tedious, but already dimochka stands out as leaving a big hole in the claims. Mine and Madge's can be consistent with what we know, Dimochka can't. So either they are lying, or the setup has been changed drastically.

I will look at the guild side now.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm UTC

1. Sabrar as Regan — Killed N1: one-shot doctor
2. Znirk Sabrar as a Servant
3. freezeblade kalira as the Duke of Cornwall
4. SDK as Edgar – Killed N3: Wizard
5. SirGabriel as the Earl of Gloucester: Killed N4: Mason
6. Gopher of Pern as King Lear
7. Madge as Oswald
8. BoomFrog as The Fool — Killed N2: Tracker
9. plytho as Goneril
10. DethStalker as the Duke of Burgundy — Lynched D1: Guild unroleblockable
11. dimochka as Cordelia
12. bessie as Edmund — Killed N2: Mason
13. jimbobmacdoodle as an Officer — Killed N1: one-shot seer
14. #HBC | YOLOSWAG as the Doctor — Lynched D2: Guild roleblocker
15. LaserGuy as the King of France — Lynched D4: Phantom roleblocker
16. DGames | Bard as the Earl of Kent — Lynched D3: Guild goon

LaserGuy -- claims 1-shot tracker (no restrictions). Tracked plytho N3 (visited no one).
Gopher of Pern -- claims supernatural cop. Negative results on YOLO, BoomFrog, Madge.
Madge -- claims tracker (except for non-supernatural kills). Targeted bessie N2 (visited no one), GoP N3 (visited Madge).
dimochka -- claims 1-shot guardian against supernatural kill. Protected Sabrar N2.
Sabrar (v2.0) -- claims cop identifying Guild members. Negative results on SirG, GoP.
kalira -- claims inventor. Sent items to bessie N1, SirG N3.
SirGabriel -- confirmed mason with bessie.

Sabrar - one-shot doc (D)
Boomfrog - Tracker (I)
YOLO - Guild roleblocker
Bard - Guild Goon
Dethstalker - Guild unroleblockable

Substituting ninja with unroleblockable, gives T or TT for scum.

plytho claims doc (DDDD) with jailer?
Sabrar 2.0 claims cop (CC)

leaving us with the same problem as before. plytho's claim can't be true.

Unless jailkeepers aren't in the game, and DD gives one doc, and a one-shot doc? Unless Kalira's inventor occupies a jailkeeper role, it doesn't make sense. I don't think masons were included in the setup; I think they were put in to give otherwise vanilla town a power.

Hmm, this was possibily a waste of time. Unless someone else can think of something?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:09 pm UTC

I was assuming that any role not focused on one side or the other would have been put on vanilla town, as the setup normally includes them. So 2 masons and inventor would be put in. I'm not sure how that would have been balanced for scum though. Maybe mpolo thought there were too many docs? Not like they've done us any good.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35 pm UTC

Wow. Wrong.

Case 1: irrelevant. There is no possibility we are both town.
Cases 2/3: If the town person gets lynched, town loses. If scum person gets lynched, town person likely dies in the night.
Case 4: Ok...we give a power to scum. But this isn't the case anyway.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:34 pm UTC

But they are not possibilities, and even if you count them, you should discount them for your conclusion.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:50 pm UTC

Well, why dont we analyse the possibility that we are all town, and mpolo just kills a random person each night? Its a possibility, right? /s
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 pm UTC

Disregarding that I have engaged you, If I know you are scum, why should I engage you?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Disregarding that I have engaged you, If I know you are scum, why should I engage you?
Because it makes the game more fun? Why do you think I continue to discuss things with you?

Because a part of you thinks I'm town? :)

How does Dim's analysis make sense? I'll go through it, step by step.

Case 1: Both town. This case is irrelevant. GoP would not claim another person as scum unless they were sure they were scum. Can discount. Plus, if one is lynched, it's game over.
Case2: GoP scum, Dim town. If GoP is lynched, Dim will likely die due to being confirmed town. If Dim is lynched, game over. Can dismiss.
Case3: Dim scum, GoP town. If Dim is lynched, GoP will likely die due to being confirmed town. If GoP is lynched, game over. Can dimiss.
Case 4: Both scum. Possible. But ultimately irrelevant. It means if the survivor gets the item, they will use it to scums advantage.

So, we have 4 cases we can dismiss due to game over. 2 cases where town player likely dies, and 2 cases where scum player survives.

Therefore, there are no cases where a town player survives to use the gift! Making it a bad plan, which was my point all along!

Wow, it's almost as if logic works!
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:59 am UTC

I've had modly confirmation that I could not be redirected. Dim could be a miller, but if they are, they deserve to die. It can be dismissed.

I'm not following your logic. If it comes from point of view that I'm scum, but 3/4 the non-lynched player survives when I'm scum, how does it come from scum|GoP? I was considering mainly cases 2 and 3, as cases 1 can be dismissed, and in case 4 means scum gets the gift, rendering it irrelevant for my analysis. Remember, the whole point of this exercise was to get one of Kalira's gifts to town tonight in a NL, and have them use it on the following night. There is no point in choosing between myself and dim, because game will end in cases 1, 2a, and 3a, and it gives it to scum in 4. 2b and 3b is where town gets it, but they likely die. Hence my point.

It's as if no one reads my posts. You are all scum. Madge is traitor. Sabrar and Dimochka scum buddies. Kalira is indy, who wants town to lose. plytho is a jester who failed horribly. Yeah, that sounds right.

We have lynched one supernatural (Laserguy). I seriously hope the game wont end with my lynch. But it likely will.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:10 am UTC

Sorry. I have a bad habit of assuming I'm town. So I know that we both aren't scum. Still, I would think that the probability of us both being scum would be low. It makes little sense for me to pick out my scum buddy.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 am UTC

You don't need to bother. Scum will win if you vote for me.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:10 am UTC

Yes, I am.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III (pregame)

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 1:19 pm UTC

Confirm.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III (pregame)

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 2:35 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Confirm
Tsk, tsk.

Doth this actor know not his lines? He hath forgot to emphasize the period in this line, forsaking the finality with which it was meant to be delivered.

My time is precious. I shan't tolerate anything less than perfection from the lot of you.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 4:43 pm UTC

Vote Bard

My eyes hath seen two members of our production citing a "ninja preview" of sorts. While I appreciate their diligence in not speaking out of turn, I have hope that we reach a point where there is no risk of us interrupting each other. This play deserves nothing but the best and I shall ensure only the best is presented for our audience.

I do believe I have acted with Bard in several plays before this one in my homeland. Hello good sir, pleasant to see you again.

@DethStalker

Hath you acted in plays before?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Vote: freezeblade

He's got a scummy D1 meta and will be suspected anyway. Let's just skip the formalities and lynch him now. Besides, I'd prefer being a widow.

On a more serious note our scum team is most definitely jimbob+YOLOSWAG+SirGabriel who coordinated in scum chat before confirming.

On a really serious note I'm eagerly awaiting bessie's analysis on DGames, LaserGuy, SDK, YOLOSWAG and Znirk.
The fair Madam Sabrar hath suggested that I am both scum and need to be analyzed in this opening act, yet has elected to vote the notorious Blade of Ice instead. She is clearly torn as to where her affection lies.

Sabrar, thou doth break my heart.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 5:08 pm UTC

Regarding Gabriel's post, quick question to regulars here: is scum daychat a rarity? It's common where I'm from.

btw Sabrar when I said "she" it's only in regards to your character, I'm aware you're a male. I will probably end up calling people their real gender now that I think about it for the sake of avoiding confusion.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu May 11, 2017 5:30 pm UTC

Probably two scumteams. The flavor and mpolo's language of "groupings of FACTIONS" points to this too. Also, a strong power like bessie being confirmed town would support such a setup.

Regarding the kills, I see fright and strangulation. I see no reason to assume they operate differently from a mechanical point of view at the moment though.

Also bessie's confirmed town? Cool, though I would have preferred a player who's less obviously innocent when town, heh.

Return to “Mafia”