Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:14 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Maybe I haven't decided who I want to lynch yet? I haven't looked too closely into Laserguy yet. I had a good feeling about them in day2, and ignored them yesterday in favour of a Bard lynch, so I've yet to address that. It was just the point kalira made yesterday, which stood out to me, as it was almost the exact same point I made in day 2, only with, I believe, much less reason behind it. I was pointing that out, to see what people thought. Instead, you ask a non-sequitur. I wonder why?


I don't see the situations as the same, because in my mind, there was much MORE reason behind my argument. People, including our dead townsfolk, had been reading LaserGuy as scummy throughout the game. They had not done the same with bessie. Multiple people, yourself included, were reading Bard as scum on D3. If you weren't reading him as scum, I'm curious why you would have voted for him. Importantly, however, the situations were also different BECAUSE of that conversation on D2. Bard read the same thing we all did, so he might have figured that his claiming unrequited lovers with LG and claiming LG was confirmed town in Bard's role PM might keep him relatively safe from the lynch.

I still maintain that the best move was to lynch LG yesterday. He was reading scummy, so was Bard, and once again we're having to discuss LG in the lynch slot. If you were convinced enough of Bard's scumminess yesterday, and you knew that you were going to push for LG's lynch if Bard flipped scum (again, because LG has read scummy to many throughout the game), it makes no sense from a town perspective to not have taken advantage of the potential for killing off two scum, aside from being too afraid to lynch someone most people, including those killed off by scum!LG's faction, have been reading as scummy. The fact that it seems like nobody seems to feel like townies have been killed because some of their reads are good is frustrating. From my perspective, the only way that lynching LG could have gone sour for us there was if LG and Bard were BOTH town, which again, AFAIR nobody was reading both of them as town.

FoS on GoP for "not looking too closely" at LG when he knew there was potential for killing off more than one scum in a single lynch. I'm fine with you thinking that Bard was scum; heck, I'm even okay with you thinking Bard was town and voting to lynch him in order to prove LG is also town. What I'm not fine with is you knowing that Bard was potentially unrequited lovers with another player and literally in your own words "ignoring" that other player.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:09 pm UTC

[quote="dimochka"][/quote]

You're up.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:11 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:


Well apparently you need at least a space in there to quote.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:35 pm UTC

Request official votals count, please, sir mod.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Pretty sure kalira is going to claim Inventor...


Yep. Though it's not specifically called that. I'm just told it's due to my generosity. FWIW, I asked mpolo which characteristics "I" submitted, and that is not one of them, so I got it from one of y'all.

SirG, to answer your question, I sent something to bessie N1 and to you last night. I missed deadline for sending in actions N2. I presume since she was masons with you, that she discussed what she was given at some point.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 pm UTC

Compilation:
LaserGuy -- claims 1-shot tracker (no restrictions). Tracked plytho N3 (visited no one).
Gopher of Pern -- claims supernatural cop. Negative results on YOLO, BoomFrog, Madge.
plytho -- claims doc for Guild kills. Protected SirG, Sabrar, SirG.
Madge -- claims tracker (except for non-supernatural kills). Targeted bessie N2 (visited no one), GoP N3 (visited Madge).
dimochka -- claims 1-shot guardian against supernatural kill. Protected Sabrar N2.
Sabrar (v2.0) -- claims cop identifying Guild members. Negative results on SirG, GoP.
kalira -- claims inventor. Sent items to bessie N1, SirG N3.
SirGabriel -- confirmed mason with bessie.

Along with the rest of the cast:
Sabrar (v1.0) - Killed N1: one-shot doctor
SDK – Killed N3: Wizard
BoomFrog — Killed N2: Tracker
bessie — Killed N2: Mason
jimbobmacdoodle — Killed N1: one-shot seer

DethStalker — Lynched D1: Guild unroleblockable
#HBC | YOLOSWAG — Lynched D2: Guild roleblocker
DGames | Bard — Lynched D3: Guild goon
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:30 am UTC

Just got back from theatre and too tired to read atm, but I will make sure I have a vote down before end of Day. Y'all make this more difficult than trying to read The Sound and the Fury. In Greek.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act IV looks grim

Postby kalira » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:40 pm UTC

Well that looks like the second time we're getting a flip early. I guess this is excess since he self-hammered already, but

Vote LaserGuy

I wonder if he forgot about the "we can continue talking until Night is declared" thing and intended his vote to end Day, or if it really is just scum trying to mess with our brains.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

I did send something to Madge. To be honest, I didn't think about the fact that it would give scum!Madge an easy result to fake. That's mostly because I didn't think she was scum. I sent something to her because she has seemed the least suspicious to me of all of you over the course of the play. In any case, what I sent her would be unhelpful to supernatural scum if she ends up being such.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:06 pm UTC

Unless GoP is being a super beer-y townie, town!GoP would not lie about having received information dimochka was scum, so unless mpolo confirms there is no possibility of town!GoP receiving false information from the mod about town!dim, it seems that one of them must be scum. I can't really see them being bussing scummates at this stage of the play -- it doesn't make sense from a game theory perspective, as neither was clearly going into today looking like they were going to be overwhelmingly the desired lynch. (If they were scummates and one had been clearly a logical lynch candidate for today, I could see one of them bussing the other in order to gain town cred and be less likely to be lynched on a future day.)

I remember mentioning on D1 that GoP looked scummy to me, but I also remember dim seeming like he wasn't around too much (perhaps active lurking?). I'm going to have to go back and do a deeper read before I decide which of them I believe more is supernatural.

In the meantime:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I am patient, so if I get it wrong three times, I get to detect if there is a supernatural enemy, instead of picking a person. So tonight, I will know the identity of a supernatural scum.

Gopher of Pern wrote:Dimochka is scum. They are a ghost.

Gopher of Pern wrote:I could not get redirected, I think (will confirm), as I did not target you. I detected supernatural, and your name came up.


GoP, if your power is as you claim, I'm trying to figure out how you believe there might be a possibility of redirection. I.e., if your night result said something along the lines of "dimochka is supernatural," where is the wiggle room for where that might be a false result? (I don't think I'm wording this precisely as I want it to be worded...)

dimochka wrote:vote gopher of pern

because you either got redirected or are lying.


dim, given that we are at potential MYLO, why would you place essentially a OMGUS vote down on GoP without first confirming that you believe him to be scum? You acknowledge the possibility that he's misled town but still place the vote before making sure your feelings on his scummitude, leading to potential supernatural bandwagon onto a townie.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:17 pm UTC

Speaking of,

Has our situation in terms of MYLO/MYPLO/LYLO changed since D4?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

He might have been your clear lynch candidate, but I didn't see overwhelming support for that from everyone else yesterday, or any sort of messages that would make that seem clear.

Your response to my question to dim may be true, now that I think about it. However, I really wish you would let people answer the questions directed at them, especially at times like this. If you ARE wrong about GoP, it might have been a way to uncover supernatural!dim if he slipped up on the explanation.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:45 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@kalira: would you be willing to reveal just the abilities of all the gifts you can hand out (with nothing said about what went to whom and what remains available)? I would like to check something.


To be perfectly frank, it worries me when you say you want to "check something." Game probably won't depend on my gifts, but with us being this close to losing, I'm slightly suspect of the request on its surface. Would like opinions from others before agreeing to do so.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:If I cop you, and you turn up scum though...well, good game then.


This does make me wonder... Why haven't you copped Sabrar before now?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act V: The end is near, but perhaps not near enough

Postby kalira » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:19 pm UTC

Phone post, sorry for short.

I think i would be okay not sending Madge an invention tonight so scum!Madge doesn't have a ready made tracking result.

I feel like town!dim should be more suspicious of GOP at this point, so I find it a little suspicious that he forgot there's no way both of them can be town.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

Postby kalira » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:09 pm UTC

Oh good! I got up this morning thinking I was going to put a post in before Day end about scum not targetting Madge, but by the time I got here hammer was already down and Day ended. I was going to be very sad if I screwed up my ability to win by handing Madge that. It was the only thing I had left to give, though.

I think I wrote this in GoJoe, but for the record, I never worked with Yolo's team.

It actually turned out to be very lucky for me in the end that Sabrar v1.0 died on the first night. I sent him a message (a not at all helpful one, considering the concept of supernaturals had already been discussed in the thread; I just hadn't read/realized that) on N1, but he didn't get it because he died. If he had gotten it, he probably would have paid a lot more attention to LaserGuy's claim he received a message claiming there was a survivor willing to work with scum.

Lived each night certain I was gonna die, except perhaps slightly less on the one where LaserGuy was lynched and left that message about me to his scummates. LG, for my knowledge, was "transparent" code or something? (This may be answered in GoJoe, but I haven't gotten there yet.)

I'm still slightly salty literally nobody was even interested in my suggestion we lynch LG to kill Bard too. Y'all were absolutely sure at least one was scum, and you were too scared to risk anything. I could've won with town :( Also very surprised supernaturals didn't come after me the night after Bard's lynch because of my heavy emphasis on killing LG. I only sent LG that message that night (end of night/beginning of day), so it's not like they knew I was possibly on their side.

I yolo'd (not reference to the player) a decent number of times in this game, and it ended up paying off, but I don't think I'll do it again. So nerve-wracking.

Ninja: Sabrar - I actually gave it to Madge. If scum had targeted her for the NK on the last night, they would have missed!
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

Postby kalira » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Town
-secret club members-
dimochka
Madge
freezeblade


BTW, what was this whole secret townie club thing about, Boom?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

Postby kalira » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:01 pm UTC

Ah, I had gotten to that post already but somehow didn't make the connection.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III (pregame)

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 2:44 pm UTC

I would like to very happily take this opportunity to confirm my receipt of my role PM and further take the opportunity to confirm my confirmation of that confirmation.

I feel it is important at this time to also thank our wonderful moderator mpolo for hosting this game and writing such exciting roles for each of us. I am very pleased to be the king of France as it will give me the opportunity to practice speaking French et je suis tellement heureux pour avoir ce chance.

We should also welcome our new faces, the honorable Dethstalker and DGames, who I am greatly pleased to have he opportunity to join us. Bonjour et bonne chance a vous deux. Please let us know your preferred pronouns of choice whether he or she or otherwise. As well, welcome to returning members, friends and goes alike. I look forward to engaging with you all.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 6:31 pm UTC

There are a few things of passing interest that I am surprised have not been noted.

Firstly, I see that two votes were cast at days beginning. One from bessie on Gopher, the other unknown to Dethstalker. Surely this deserves some comment for it suggests some nefarious forces at work.

Second, I find SDK's assertion of bessie to be town to be most alarming, as it will require some heroic effort to keep her alive if this claim is true.

Third, I am further suspicious of this matter because I rather suspect that Sabrar was referring to bessie's well-known proclivity to analyse confirmation posts for scum, not in fact due to a confirmation of bessie's townie status. I am eager of the opinion that Sabrar has more tact.

Fourth, I am deeply suspicious of all who only spoke confirm as their confirmation post as such matters are not at all in keeping in the spirit of the thing. I'd vote you all had the ability.

Fifth, I am curious as to what Ser YOLO means by the ninja preview and wish to hear more s'il vous plait.

Sixth, I feel it important to let everyone know that I will case many votes and all votes I cast are serious. But some are more serious than others. This is of the latter kind.

Vote SDK

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 6:34 pm UTC

And seventh I wish to apologize for the innumerable typographicam errors that I will undoubtedly make. I am still abroad and must write only briefly by phone, and thus cannot fully articulate myself as I would like. I shall give you all my proper attention upon my return on Monday.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 2:45 am UTC

plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Firstly, I see that two votes were cast at days beginning. One from bessie on Gopher, the other unknown to Dethstalker. Surely this deserves some comment for it suggests some nefarious forces at work.

I agree that the two votes at day start are interesting but I don't get what you mean by nefarious forces? Are you saying Dethstalker and Gopher deserve townie points for starting with votes on them? Also the votals don't say 'unknown' voted for Dethstalker but instead it says 'no votes', so it's not necessarily a vote from someone.


An excellent question with a most excellent answer. First we must think of the town. How should we defend ourselves? We have few weapons to fight villains save but for our wits and the lynch. While as a king I find democracy bizarre as opposed to my own divine rule I must admit there is a certain charm in this whole lynch idea. It is not unlike my brother Louis who upon deciding that he ought to inherit our father's house--as a third born no less--that my brother and I decided amongst ourselves to relieve him of his head. Quite like that in fact. So the town you see has but the lynch. Our votes therefore must be more pure and unadulterated to assure our likely success against the scum. Events that make it more difficult for the town to lynch or which make it easier for scum to create havoc within the lynch are thus in opposition to the interests of the town. Suppose all three of bessie, Gopher and DethStalker are all among the town. Is there any way in which such uncontrolled votes could be conceived of as beneficial to our cause? Surely not. Such mischief is unwanted and injurious at worst.

freezeblade wrote:Ninja: methinks that dimochka may be laying their actor persona characteristic on a tad heavy. I'm not just saying that because I feel they got one of the "personality traits" that I submitted. What a Juicy piece of drama this play may end up being.


Alas, ninja, I fear he has one of my suggestions, and, if so, his behaviour is entirely appropriate. Mon Dieu..


Shall we take a moment to consider the setup? This most obligatory pastime has been overlooked in favor of the very good and useful business of the lynch, but it cannot be it ignored in its entirety. Of 16 we are, suggesting perhaps six of scum. If of two factions then perhaps three and three. Otherwise then six together. Pairs could also be, two and two with some other great villains unknown. What of independents? Shakespeare without vengeance is nothing so a daresay I expect a lynched in our midst. I suppose we ought to consider the jester, but I find this subject tedious to the extreme. None love the jester. None wish him present. He causes only misery and unrest and even the very mention of him is frowned upon. No jester then, and none shall speak of one. A survivor is expected, dull and tedious as it may be. I reckon we have then perhaps ten of town, two pairs of scum, the survivor and the lyncher, with perhaps the latter two favoring scum give the choice.

I am pleased that Gopher shares my suspicion of the villain SDK. We are kings together and are therefore above reproach, though he is a bit long winded for my liking.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: don't you think a scum-team of size 2 would be extremely weak in a game this big, especially if there's another scum-team as well?


On it's own, to be sure. But two and two together? It would depend how they interact. Are they aware of each other? Do they win together or apart? Four co-aligned scum with two kills among them could be most formidable, even against a proportionately larger town. Four counteraligned scum, perhaps not. If we assume that town has a numerical majority at the outset, then town can be nine at minimum. If there are six scum, there can be at most one independent then, and likely none, which would be somewhat uncommon in these parts. Town is additionally hampered by the added chaos caused by chicanery among the votes. Scum is likely to be in a position to better exploit such confusion or may be able to manipulate the vote in ways that we are yet unaware of.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 11:11 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:I think we're all agreed Day One is hard,
Yet what I hear in the debate thus far
Hath led me to suspect of Gabriel
And Laser Guy, and to a lesser point,
I wonder at what Master SDK
Is up to when he shouts that Madge is town.

vote: Laserguy


Madge is town? How curious.

Unvote Znirk

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Ok, so there are now two votes on DethStalker, including my own. I am going to guess at one of the following, since my guesses in the last game were apparently pretty accurate.
1) Somebody has a secret vote power, that is somehow compulsive.
2) DethStalker always appears to have an additional vote on himself. This may or may not actually count.
3) The vote by bessie is in fact targeting DethStalker, and the vote on Gopher is a phony.
4) My vote on DethStalker is actually two votes for some reason, probably related to a passive ability from DethStalker.
5) Probably something else entirely.


Surely it cannot be 4, as Dethstalker had his vote from the very beginning of the day, well before you voted for him. I'm curious as to why you would think this a possibility at all. 3 strikes me as exceedingly unruly as it suggests either bessie has two voting powers, both reflexive and automatic or some other player has a similar automatic power that can divert votes in some unusual way that was further triggered at day's open. We have no data to distinguish between the remaining cases, though Occam's razor suggests 2 to be more likely.

SDK's confirmation of bessie this early on strikes me as odd. It may of course be a complete fabrication, and I can't help but feel slightly suspicious. Initially I wondered if he was in fact a lyncher for bessie (or her character). mpolo had lynchers in the last Shakespeare game, where there were hidden characters, who won as long as their target died before them (actually, we joined town and had to win with them to be precise). SDK would claim to know that bessie is town, in the hope that scum might bump her off for him with no effort.


I don't follow this line of reasoning. Surely the worst thing for a canonical lyncher would be an explicit townie read on their target. How would they then lynch them? Such a move would make their target more difficult to lynch and more easy to be killed by mafia, a dreadful result for the lyncher.

I find it interesting that people have immediately jumped to two scum teams instead of the more traditional (around these parts) SK + scum team.


The opening flavor is suggestive of two kills, and four or five more experienced people seemed to accept this as the likely scenario. It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Firstly, I see that two votes were cast at days beginning. One from bessie on Gopher, the other unknown to Dethstalker. Surely this deserves some comment for it suggests some nefarious forces at work.


You say that this deserves some comment, yet you have made none on it yourself beyond this comment. Why is that?


But I have. I explained earlier to plytho explicitly why I felt such things should be considered nefarious. To reiterate, I feel that generally random vote manipulation is injurious to town because it makes our best weapon, the lynch, more difficult and unwieldy to use. Particularly so as it provides advantage to scum who may be able to more easily manipulate the lynch against us. I do not have knowledge to comment on the origins of those votes specifically beyond what I have said already, and thus feel it quite premature to speculate further without having heard from bessie and DethStalker in particular.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:17 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Laserguy, what would be the difference between 2 groups of 2 co-aligned scum, and a 4 man scum team? Sabrar already asked this question, but it seems you have ignored it.


Apologies, I must have missed it. I was referring to a sort of arrangement where two scum teams have shared win conditions but do not have full knowledge of each other. For example two scum teams who had chat amongst their players but lacked chat between the teams or even lacked knowledge of each other's abilities or perhaps players. I don't remember the details because I only skimmed through that game when it was mentioned in Diablo, but I believe that the Scooby Doo game had a similar sort of arrangement.

4/3/3 is surely a losing position for town is it not? I suppose if towns lynches perfectly and scum repeatedly crossfire it may not be, but I think the odds of a town win in scenarios where they lack the majority needed to hold the lynch are very rare and essentially luck-based.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 15, 2017 7:11 am UTC

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Second, I find SDK's assertion of bessie to be town to be most alarming, as it will require some heroic effort to keep her alive if this claim is true.


I’m wondering why you felt the need to point this out. Perchance you did want to ensure your scum partners didn’t miss it? Êtes-vous un roi ou un méchant?


SDK's claim is arguably the most significant content that has been posted in all of D1. Certainly, at the time of my initial post, it was by far the most interesting bit of content that had been posted thus far. How could I not comment on it? When we are starved for content, I am happy to investigate whatever presents itself as most appetizing. For the latter, I do have a lovely 1512 vintage from the Loire that I'd be happy to share, but instead perhaps I'll simply suggest that you judge by my content and my actions.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I am pleased that Gopher shares my suspicion of the villain SDK. We are kings together and are therefore above reproach, though he is a bit long winded for my liking.


Would you care to elaborate on this suspicion? Because the only thing you had said about SDK up to this point was the piece I quoted above.


I feel that there is virtually no circumstance under which Town!SDK would make such a statement about a confirmed townie at this point in the game. Were you in danger of the lynch, I can imagine him putting such a claim forward, but at this point in time, it only benefits scum to know that there is a confirmed townie in the game, and who that person is--doubly so if there are two scum teams in opposition to each other. This essentially, in my mind, puts SDK in the pool of scum/anti-town indies, or perhaps, at very best, a townie with an extremely scummy wincon, as he seemed to be suggesting. I suppose I must add that there is some non-trivial possibility that SDK simply invented this information, but in many respects I would consider this an even more anti-town play than revealing the truth. In any event, this disclosure does not paint SDK in a good light whatsoever.

For meta reasons as well, I find this statement most troubling. SDK does not reveal information voluntarily, especially in D1, regardless of his alignment. I feel we must assume that his decision to release this information was deliberate and planned, and, as I allude to above, I do not feel that there are many circumstances under which this is a desirable play for town. The fact that he has since been extremely laconic about his reasons for choosing to release this information does not enhance my confidence in the situation. On the whole, I felt entirely justified both in voicing my suspicions of SDK's play, and in placing an initial vote on him. I may return it at a later point, but recent content points me more in other directions at this time.

bessie wrote:What were you trying to do here? You were voting for SDK.

The next votals post has the votals correct if LaserGuy’s unvote was counted as an unvote SDK.


I was voting for Znirk at the time. mpolo has already revealed more information on the matter than I would prefer. Je vais vous l'expliquer plus tard.

Sabrar wrote:I'm not 100% sure if I understand what's happening here, please clarify.
Did LaserGuy have a valid vote on Znirk right before his unvote?
Did LaserGuy have a valid vote on SDK right before his unvote?
Thank you!

I feel it is extremely uncouth to be attempting to use the mod to rolefish.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm UTC

@mpolo: BoomFrog is listed twice on your most recent vote totals.

bessie wrote:It’s one thing to acknowledge SDK’s claim, what I find suspicious is that you also pointed out that I’m the obvious NK target. Are you trying to communicate something to a possible second scum faction, like hey bro which of us should bump her off?


Confirmed town is always an obvious NK target. Were I scum, this is hardly a revelation I would need to be sharing.

bessie wrote:You had no reason to be voting for Znirk, unless you really didn’t like his confirmation post. And I feel I was justified in requesting the mod confirm the votals, because of the “I hope that’s right…” he added at the end.


As I said earlier:
LaserGuy wrote:I feel it important to let everyone know that I will case many votes and all votes I cast are serious. But some are more serious than others.

The vote on Znirk was of the former kind. I did not have a problem with your asking the mod to confirm the vote totals. I do find Sabrar's request for further clarification to be inappropriate, much as you no doubt would have had he asked for mod clarification on the nature of your vote on Gopher.

SDK wrote:I have played but one game with you, my lord, in which both of us were villains. Where do you get the impression that I don't share Day 1? I believe that I am usually more open about my intentions and abilities than most in the early game, perhaps because I am one of few who are willing to speak confidently on my opinions. I will admit that sometimes I am a playful thing, but it's rare that I continue to lie throughout the Day.


When did I suggest you were lying? But, yes, I have seen some of your earlier works as well.

SDK wrote:I will say this, if it puts your mind at ease: My role PM does not explicitly state that bessie is town. My role interacts with bessie in a way that points to her being town as very likely.

Normally that sort of thing is best left alone, I agree. The particular circumstances surrounding my attachment to bessie makes revealing it early better. I think. I don't regret it yet, at least. If bessie dies tonight, it will be me to blame, but it's still just one townie among many. Confirmed or not, this is for the best.


Is that so? I must confess, that would seem to quite directly contradict your claim herein. There is a rather large difference between claiming someone is confirmed as town in your PM, and claiming that your PM suggests that individual may be town. In neither case do I imagine it being particularly beneficial to town to make such a claim. But I am of a mind of a particular explanation to this problem. Perhaps a bit of mischief is in order to learn ourselves the truth.

Vote bessie

On to other matters, let us consider the players.

BoomFrog - Content is light, but I do not see anything untoward at this time. I find his poetry most enjoyable, if nothing else. I do not believe that such sweet words could come from a foul heart. Likely town.

DethStalker - The soul of unreason. I think enough words about him have been said considering what little he has provided. My only misgiving is that I hear the rumblings of an approaching wagon, one which, perhaps, is being guided by nefarious hands in hopes of misdirecting us from more dangerous targets.

DGames - I hope no offense is taken here, but I feel his content thus far feels very much like newbie town. Given that he is indeed an experienced fellow of Sir YOLO, my read must be misplaced. For the moment, I mark him as town, but would be very interested to hear some more detailed reads. I hope that not all fellows from your where are as laconic as Sir YOLO and his compatriots have been at times.

dimockha - Minimal content until today. I am curious about the meaning of this comment in his most recent post.
Vote GoP because he's a terrible father.

Unlike some of the other lurky players, dimochka at least made a solid effort to engage the thread and report reads on his return. Neutral pending more content.

freezeblade - Minimal content until today. I am troubled by the fact that given his fairly extended absence from the game, the first post upon his return is this one, where he muses vaguely about the setup. Considering that we are nearing the twilight of D1, this is surely cannot not the most important matter that you wish to raise upon your return to play. Leaning scum.

Gopher of Pern - The focus on voting mechanics was inappropriate for a townie, but my gut read is that he was just misguided here. I think he's likely town, mostly on meta at this point.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG - I am pleased to see that YOLO is more engaged with the early stages of the game than our prior encounter. I feel like there is a genuine effort being made to figure things out. Hopefully he will be able to most more detailed content before Day's end, but I see no reason to doubt towniness at this point in time.

jimbobmacdoodle - jimbob has probably been producing more content than anybody else so far. The quality of said content is somewhat mixed, however. There are lots of problems with this post, that have been discussed at some length. His defense of this content is little better, for the most part. There is a bit of defensiveness in some of his posts that I find reminiscent of his D1 of last game, though not nearly as bad here. Leaning scummy.

Madge - Absent for much of D1. I seem to recall from an earlier game that Madge has a reputation for low content D1 on the whole. Only one real post with content, and, much like freezeblade, I am struck by how little content is actually provided here upon her return, and which topics in particular are of interest. A third of the post is fluff. A third is stating how she will not speculate on voting powers or kills. The final third is a repetition of some earlier arguments re: SDK/bessie, DethStalker and SirGabriel. Are these really the most important things that you need to address at this stage of D1? Who is town? Who is scum? This post feels rather active lurky and does not reflect well on Madge. Leaning scum.

plytho - Light content for IRL reasons. Feels like plytho so far. Will reserve judgment until I see more content.

Sabrar - So far, Sabrar has been producing quality content and has been scumhunting consistently. I do not agree necessarily with his opinion on a policy lynch of DethStalker, but I think his reasoning is essentially townie. Frankly, given the dearth of content from DethStalker, I find it doubtful that this situation will ever be relevant. He has been placing some most excellent pressure on jimbob, but is not losing focus on the remainder of the game. His town-to-scum list is very questionable, however:
Sabrar wrote:bessie
freezeblade
Madge
dimochka
plytho
BoomFrog
Gopher of Pern
Bard - neutral line is here
SirGabriel
YOLOSWAG
Znirk
LaserGuy
jimbobmacdoodle
SCUM

At the time of this posting, dimochka had two posts with no content. Freezeblade had four posts with little-to-no content. Madge had one post with no content. plytho and BoomFrog have some content, but fairly minimal. In Sabrar's reading, lurkers are town, and nearly all active players are reported as scummy. Most bizarre. Do you truly have no town reads on any of the players who actually have content, save bessie (who also had light content at the time) and perhaps GoP? Slight scum lean.

bessie - No comment at this time.
SDK - No comment at this time.

SirGabriel - Content looks okay. Both this post and this post look very townie to me. Town-to-scum list seems reasonable. Likely town.

Znirk - Not enough content to really comment at this point. I'll say neutral for now because at least his one useful post was a decent reads list.

Ninja'd by plytho. Will update my read on him later.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:53 pm UTC

DethStalker wrote:I mean I am trying to be more active someone post all the questions that need answers plx.

I dont have enough time to do shakesperian-ish ill do it later.

BRB on Tuesday


Let us start from the beginning...

Have you ever played Mafia before?
Do you understand what the objective of the game is, at all?
Do you understand what sort of content you are expected to produce?
Do you understand why you are expected to produce it?
Do you understand what people mean when they are asking you to do be active?
Are you reading the thread?
Do you see the difference between the type of posts that you are writing and the type of posts that everyone else is writing?

It is not our responsibility to tell you what questions you should answer. You should be reading the thread and responding in productive ways, answering questions asked of you, commenting on things you find interesting or problematic, or asking questions of your own. You may wish to start by reading the newbie guide to mafia if you aren't familiar with these concepts.

Frankly, at this point I feel you should be considering exiting the game and asking for a replacement if you aren't able to make a serious contribution by the end of game day. I feel bad about saying this, especially if you are a new player, but thus far you haven't made any effort to contribute to or engage in the game, and it's already been nearly a week. If you were unsure or confused about what you are supposed to do, you should have said this upfront, especially when prompted to on several occasions, and people would have been more than happy to help you along.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 pm UTC

Unvote

SDK wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
SDK wrote:I have played but one game with you, my lord, in which both of us were villains. Where do you get the impression that I don't share Day 1? I believe that I am usually more open about my intentions and abilities than most in the early game, perhaps because I am one of few who are willing to speak confidently on my opinions. I will admit that sometimes I am a playful thing, but it's rare that I continue to lie throughout the Day.


When did I suggest you were lying? But, yes, I have seen some of your earlier works as well.


You didn't answer my question.


Indeed I did.

SDK wrote:No comment. Why do you think voting for Bessie is a good idea? If you lynch her and she flips town, what does that say about me?


I had no intention of lynching bessie. One of the abilities I had suggested to mpolo included a particular behaviour that I felt could possibly have explained your revealing bessie as town. Had you had this ability, voting for bessie would have allowed me to indirectly verify your claim. As it turns out, my speculation was misplaced.

SDK wrote:LaserGuy, why are you flaunting your voting ability like that? Do you think there's any use here? Do you think there is no use in saving your ability until later? To me, it's just needless obfuscation, like you're not interested in actually discussing what you're thinking.


Very well, I suppose there is no harm in it. My vote, as with my vote on Znirk, was involuntary. I have a particular trait that instantly and automatically applies an OMGUS vote on anyone who votes for me. I do not foresee any particular method that this ability can be used nefariously, either by myself, or by scum, but I have limited imagination for such things. If you would like to verify, you can unvote and then vote me again.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 16, 2017 6:37 pm UTC

SDK wrote:You said you looked back at my previous games, but your conclusion contradicts the content there. You said "SDK does not reveal information voluntarily, especially in D1, regardless of his alignment" and I want you to back that up. I am never cagey about everything. There are often specific points that I have reason to keep to myself, but they are always revealed in full later on. So my question stands - where did you get that impression? The reason I ask is I think you're mudslinging here.


Here's one example, where you explain not only that you do this, but why you do it. I've seen you write similar things before, though I'm not going to search through a dozen games to find them.

SDK wrote:You've now unvoted me, LaserGuy. Where do you currently stand with this game?


Here's my town-to-scum list.

Town
LaserGuy
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
BoomFrog
bessie
DGames
plytho
Gopher
SirGabriel
dimochka
Sabrar
SDK
freezeblade
Madge
jimbob
Scum

Please replace
Znirk
DethStalker

freezeblade and Madge I feel have been active lurking. They have been putting in few posts on the whole, and the content that they have provided has been mostly fluff. In the case of Madge, not only mostly fluff, but the parts that aren't fluff are questionable in and of themselves. Both of these players are fairly experienced and should know better.

I think I have spent enough time discussing my opinions of you, so I won't bother to reiterate at this point.

jimbob has produced some very questionable content. He has been fishing hard for information regarding vote powers, and has been combative in a manner that reminds me quite a bit of his D1 play of last game. My strongest scumread of active players at this point, but I'm happy lynching any of the bottom four on my list. I would prefer not to lynch Znirk or DethStalker simply on the grounds that I feel town can do better than a pure lurker lynch based on the content that is available to us, and, given the choice, would prefer those two be replaced. I see from preview that freezeblade has already requested a replacement, so replacements for all three is doubtful. Vexing, that.

I'm tempted to vote for Madge at this point, simply because I feel that she's scum and I'd prefer to have fewer lurkers in the game as a whole. jimbob, while scummy, at least is participating and producing content.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:00 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Oh that! Yes, I do that, but I still reveal that information voluntarily, I just usually wait until people ask me for it to generate content. I can accept that I haven't made public my reasons for putting that information out there this game, but does this look a bit different to you? How could I possibly have gotten someone to ask me whether I have confirmation of bessie as town in my role PM? Ah, but there's that word again - "confirmation". If you want to look at similarities with past games, ask yourself why I worded it that way to start with without further detail (detail which I gave later after discussion).


I will think on this a bit and get back to you. Out of curiosity, did the similar scenario with Zyth/Gopher from last game come to mind when made this claim? It certainly did to me.

SDK wrote:Another question for you, LaserGuy: This is your first town game after being scum twice in a row. Are you having difficulties switching gears? Please explain how you're feeling.


I'm finding the game so far to be very mentally taxing. In hindsight, it was probably a mistake for me to attempt to do any roleplaying since it meant I've spent a lot of time and energy on trying to make my posts have the style I wanted, and I think my analysis has suffered as a result. I also feel blind. In my previous games, I knew who my targets were, and who I had to protect. I had assumed scum would be much harder to play than town because you're outnumbered and having to lie or obfuscate all the time, but upon reflection, I think that townies probably have it a lot rougher because you don't know anything, and don't know what you can trust. Townies are trying put a puzzle together, while scum just have to come over and discreetly kick the pieces.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm UTC

The day opens and I find myself most pleasantly surprised to be alive. I appreciate sincerely my most gracious retainer vouching on my behalf. My apologies for not returning more promptly at the twilight hours of last day: I had some technical difficulties connecting to the forums, and then retired for the night.

It seems that DethStalker was scum. I gather from his role PM that he was of the more mundane variety. I am most amused that one of his traits was misunderstood, and, I must admit, his performance of this part was peerless. I will ponder the deaths of jimbob and Sabrar for a spell, though I do note that both roles had some limitation against the type of foes that they could deal with.

mpolo wrote:Votals:
Gopher of Pern (1): bessie


Noted for posterity.

SDK wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Out of curiosity, did the similar scenario with Zyth/Gopher from last game come to mind when made this claim? It certainly did to me.


No, I didn't give any thought to that at all. Did you think I was trying to take advantage of that happening so recently or something?


That scenario had certainly crossed my mind, yes. We had talked a fair bit last game about how a scumteam could use a friendly neighbour claim to produce a confirmed townie, and the sort of advantage that could bring, so it had crossed my mind that you might have been attempting some sort of similar play to see if it would actually work. I'm not going to pretend that I understand your reasoning for outing bessie at the start of D1 at this point, but I'll admit I do feel quite better about the situation given that Bard apparently has similar information in his own role. Speaking of whom, I unfortunately have no countervailing information in support of Bard.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 am UTC

bessie wrote:Methinks you recognize as well that Gopher of Pern is an abominable actor, one who does not deserve the lead role, which by all rights should have gone to me. But alas, though not the star, I have been granted the greater role, for Edmund is among the most vile of the Bard’s villains, and the challenge of so complex a role is more fitting an actor of my great ability.


Of course. Your skills are peerless. I am afraid I have never had the opportunity to see you perform as a villain, so I am most looking forward to your performance in such a dastardly role.

The one shot powers make me think that we have duplicates of these powers, or perhaps a JoAT or inventor, because one-shot-with-limitations doctor and cop don’t seem to be enough.


mpolo has already indicated that we should expect duplicates or near-duplicates of some powers.

One other trifling matter... in this post you made an odd parenthetical comment "Prepost edit. Hmm. Interesting, and not what I expected." What were you referring to here?

kalira wrote:Well, I heard the director wanted to go in a more risque direction and changed the casting last minute to make the Duke of Cornwall female.


You are most welcome! I have not had the pleasure of acting with you before. I know it is a bit of trouble, but do you think you could trouble us with a brief recapitulation of your thoughts on the first act before we start the second in earnest? It is difficult to fit a new member into the cast without knowing how they interpret our prior direction.

Madge wrote:OK guys here's my real crappy town to scum list. I don't like doing these, they're fully gut reads, but if I somehow end up dead (like scum would kill me, that would be cruel to have me suffer through d1 and never get to experience the joys of d2 with all its night results and wagons to analyse!!!!!), maybe it will help? I doubt it. Let's try it though.


I'm guessing from your earlier post today you don't have any night results to share. What do you think about how the lynch turned out? Or the players that flipped? Any updated reads to share?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:With multiple scumteams, most of what I said prior is null. I still maintain that at least one of DethStalker's partners was off the wagon, but I can't take people out of the scumpool for lynching him because it could be another scum team.


I'm not sure what to make of this and the preceding discussion by YOLOSWAG. He was the first person to propose two scumteams as an option, and several people immediately before and after his discussion about which wagons to look at likewise mention this possibility, so it is hard to believe that this shouldn't have been a consideration.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:39 am UTC

EBWOP: I will be away all day Saturday and most of Sunday.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:52 am UTC

bessie wrote:FoS anyone who has been content to rubber stamp me townie based on meta and has not even analyzed my content for scumtells. This is a safe, noncontroversial read and a lazy excuse not to scumhunt.


Your last two or three posts pinged me so much I decided that I absolutely must start my reread with you and then, well things sort of spiraled out of control.

bessie Recap:
Spoiler:
D1:
Post 1: Confirm
Post 2: Irrelevant personal details + challenge to Gopher
Post 3: Irrelevant personal details + welcome to new players. Pointed assistance to DethStalker. Refuses to move vote from Gopher.
Post 4: Irrelevant personal details in response to SDK reaction request. Later responds for real, somewhat confused about what this says about SDK alignment.
Post 5: Discussion with Sabrar about DethStalker's hated trait. Notes DethStalker did not properly set up his account to post.
Post 6: Soft prods on Madge, DethStalker, dimochka. Comments on jester resulting in game end.
Post 7: Irrelevant persona details + irrelevant content from another play. Missed that Sabrar wanted her to read confirmation posts (despite that I explicitly mentioned it before this point). Comments that her role is villainous rather than SDK. Asks me why I pointed out that she was an NK target. Comments on townie meta. Accuses Gopher of rolefishing. Pokes Gopher. Asks me what I find suspicious of SDK. Pokes SDK re: DethStalker. Commets on jimbob's 5 points and rolefishing. Confused by DethStalker, a few others. Ends with soliloquy. This is bessie's first attempt at actual scumhunting.
Post 8: Asks DethStalker what he thinks of jimbob defending him.
Post 9: Notes my vote/unvote on Znirk. Asks for mod confirmation.
Post 10: Tries to get DethStalker to produce content.
Post 11: Finally responds to Sabrar's request to read confirmation posts. Pleased that jimbob and Gopher responded to DethStalker question.
Post 12: DethStalker is newbie scum. Gives up on him. Follows up with me re: NK target. Irrelevant personal content.
Post 13: Comments about people accepting her as town while questioning SDK. Snarky commentary to me, dimochka, freezeblade. Replies to Bard about "hated" trait being scummy.
Post 14: Moves my vote. Suggests FoS everyone who reads her as town for meta. A bit more snarky commentary.
Post 15: Town-to-scum list. Gut reads with no analysis.
Post 16: Reply to Gopher about why she moved my vote. Veiled comment about SDK vote. Wants to know why Madge wanted DethStalker replaced.
Post 17: Welcomes kalira. Agrees with SDK on Madge but not BoomFrog.
Post 18: In case of death post: No scum reads. Lampshades that she didn't tunnel. Says she'll move me down my list despite being at the bottom already.

D2:
Post 1: Replies to my note about her automatic vote on Gopher. Lampshades her character being scummy. Agrees with others about two scum teams, unsure about size. Notes flipped townie powers seem kind of weak. Some lighthearted banter. Questions Gopher about what he will read given DethStalker is scum. Comments DethStalker may have been on the stronger team given his power. Prods Madge about her question of why DethStalker should be replaced but not Znirk.
Post 2: Answers me about her "Hmm... Interesting" comment. Replies to Madge about DethStalker. Comments about reasons for Sabrar's death. Banter with Gopher.
Post 3: Poetic response to BoomFrog. This is a very interesting choice.
Post 4: Night analysis. DethStalker: Tried to help, but he was unresponsive. Gave up on him. No useful conclusions from wagon. jimbob: Death odd as possible mislynch candidate. Feels that likely implicates me, Gopher, or Madge. Sabrar death may have been to divert suspicion to jimbob. Reads implicate SDK, YOLOSWAG, LaserGuy, jimbob, Znirk. Also Sabrar meta was good choice.
Post 5: Explains some reasoning for above post.
Post 6: Claims she isn't as townie as people think. Not much else.
Post 7: Irrelevant personal details. Mistakes Sabrar to be phone posting.
Post 8: A bunch of FoS statements.
Post 9: Replies to Gopher about defensiveness. Comments to Sabrar about that he's a different player.


Let's start with the most important questions first: Who are you and what have you done with bessie? Is there a ransom that needs to be paid? Does her family know? Her dog?

It's hard to know even where to start with this. If it weren't for SDK throwing you a lifeline in his first post, I daresay you ought to have been lynched last night. From this read, I think bessie is almost certainly scum, and most likely aligned with DethStalker. I don't know where SDK fits in... it's hard to imagine him not also being your scumbuddy, but I guess it's possible that he has a spectacularly odd role that would allow this.

The bulk of bessie's posts are vacuous, transparently so. As I note above, it takes her seven posts before she even attempts any real scumhunting, and it is decidedly half-hearted. She spends a surprising amount of time making snarky commentary at people as well as lampshading the fact that she's scum hiding under her townie meta. What stands out most to me is the lack of scumhunting though as well as the apparent indecisiveness of her reads. I've read games where bessie has been confused or frustrated. I've seen a game where she hasn't tried.

Congratulations on finally rolling scum.

Vote bessie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:55 am UTC

EBWOP:

LaserGuy wrote:I've never seen a game where she hasn't tried.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 8:23 am UTC

plytho wrote:The new thing seems to be to point out that bessie feels off and to call her scummy. I get that she's feeling different but I feel she spends a little to much time pointing out the fact that people lazily read her as town to actually be scum. Perhaps an indie?


No, she's definitely scum.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 12:32 am UTC

bessie wrote:LaserGuy, you seem quite confident in your read of me. Confident enough to start a wagon. Perhaps too confident for someone playing his first game as town.

You’ve gained a lot of confidence since D1. What’s happened between then and now? N1?


Finding scum is a great confidence booster.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Post 15: Town-to-scum list. Gut reads with no analysis.


This was explained. The forums were down at the time I had scheduled for my reread, and I wanted to get something up in case they went down again. Others acknowledged the problems with the forums. Like here.


And since then you've posted on three further occasions before the end of D1, and ten more in D2. You've had time to do setup speculation, read the entrails of the dead, compose this, complain about how everyone is reading you unfairly as town, and talk about the bar scene. Your reasoning for why you didn't do it at that time was explained. If this had been a priority, you certainly weren't lacking time to do it. Instead of doing player analysis, you settled on a lot of active lurking.

In that quoted post from Hamlet, what did you mean when you were saying that you couldn't play against your wincon? Why did you choose the soliloquy where Hamlet was contemplating suicide?

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Post 18: In case of death post: No scum reads. Lampshades that she didn't tunnel. Says she'll move me down my list despite being at the bottom already.


DethStalker was at the bottom. And my reasons for moving you down were for not unvoting, which you later explained as the forums were down at the time you set aside to play (see above). Remember?


I'm not sure what you're getting at. You didn't know at the time that I wouldn't be around to post.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Post 6: Claims she isn't as townie as people think. Not much else.


Not true. I claimed (correctly) that I was not at the top of everyone’s town list. Oh I see what happened now, I just reread Sabrar’s remark and see that I interpreted it wrong. Now I understand why he did this odd calculation.


And? Why does Town!bessie care about whether or not you're at the top of everyone's list? How does this entire tangent help town? If people are correctly reading you as town, that's a good thing, and not something you should be worried about.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:It's hard to know even where to start with this. If it weren't for SDK throwing you a lifeline in his first post, I daresay you ought to have been lynched last night.


So are you agreeing with me, that SDK’s confirmed town claim on me shouldn’t have been so easily accepted as proof of my towniness?


Given that I'm casing you as scum, I would think that would be obvious. But frankly, I think you're far too concerned with how other people are reading you. This is a great way to dump wine and active lurk, but doesn't actually help us find scum.

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:From this read, I think bessie is almost certainly scum, and most likely aligned with DethStalker.


Why? Because I tried to help him out? I wasn’t the only one. And this isn’t the only game I have tried to help out a newbie that didn’t understand what they signed up for. Perhaps you need to reread Diablo (other examples can be provided if needed, Wheel of Time 1, Matrix 6 Newbie Redux, etc).


It's not that you tried to help him out. It's the manner in which you were trying to help him out, as well as the commentary surrounding him. That reminds me. Given that you were reading him as your scummiest read, and were worried enough about scum manipulating the lynch that you moved my vote off of BoomFrog, why didn't you vote?

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:The bulk of bessie's posts are vacuous, transparently so.


I take offence to this too, but I’ve got to go to work, so maybe later. I would have preferred to make this post after we heard from SDK, but by the time he gets back there will be less than a day before deadline, and there won’t be opportunity for extended discussion with him.


Interesting also that despite claiming people shouldn't be evaluating your content based on SDK's claim about you, your instinct was to wait for him to come around and defend you.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 am UTC

Madge wrote:Also whoever said 2-2 might not be fair on scum: I agree but I feel like having 3-2 would be less fair on the smaller scumteam, so I think N-2-2-1 with a nerfed SK (as I believe I proposed in my post), or something like a mini-cult (cult leader with only one acolyte max, if one dies the remaining can recruit another until a certain point in the game - don't recall if cults are a possibility here, but it's just an example), mafia traitor, or you know, lyncher.


Alignment changing roles were explicitly ruled out by mpolo.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: could you please explain why you had YOLOSWAG as your top Town on D1?


That list is mostly based off of my reads from this post. Specifically, I wrote of him:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG - I am pleased to see that YOLO is more engaged with the early stages of the game than our prior encounter. I feel like there is a genuine effort being made to figure things out. Hopefully he will be able to most more detailed content before Day's end, but I see no reason to doubt towniness at this point in time.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests