@mpolo: BoomFrog is listed twice on your most recent vote totals.
bessie wrote:It’s one thing to acknowledge SDK’s claim, what I find suspicious is that you also pointed out that I’m the obvious NK target. Are you trying to communicate something to a possible second scum faction, like hey bro which of us should bump her off?
Confirmed town is always an obvious NK target. Were I scum, this is hardly a revelation I would need to be sharing.
bessie wrote:You had no reason to be voting for Znirk, unless you really didn’t like his confirmation post. And I feel I was justified in requesting the mod confirm the votals, because of the “I hope that’s right…” he added at the end.
As I said earlier:
LaserGuy wrote:I feel it important to let everyone know that I will case many votes and all votes I cast are serious. But some are more serious than others.
The vote on Znirk was of the former kind. I did not have a problem with your asking the mod to confirm the vote totals. I do find Sabrar's request for further clarification to be inappropriate, much as you no doubt would have had he asked for mod clarification on the nature of your vote on Gopher.
SDK wrote:I have played but one game with you, my lord, in which both of us were villains. Where do you get the impression that I don't share Day 1? I believe that I am usually more open about my intentions and abilities than most in the early game, perhaps because I am one of few who are willing to speak confidently on my opinions. I will admit that sometimes I am a playful thing, but it's rare that I continue to lie throughout the Day.
When did I suggest you were lying? But, yes, I have seen some of your earlier works as well.
SDK wrote:I will say this, if it puts your mind at ease: My role PM does not explicitly state that bessie is town. My role interacts with bessie in a way that points to her being town as very likely.
Normally that sort of thing is best left alone, I agree. The particular circumstances surrounding my attachment to bessie makes revealing it early better. I think. I don't regret it yet, at least. If bessie dies tonight, it will be me to blame, but it's still just one townie among many. Confirmed or not, this is for the best.
Is that so? I must confess, that would seem to quite directly contradict your claim herein
. There is a rather large difference between claiming someone is confirmed as town in your PM, and claiming that your PM suggests that individual may be town. In neither case do I imagine it being particularly beneficial to town to make such a claim. But I am of a mind of a particular explanation to this problem. Perhaps a bit of mischief is in order to learn ourselves the truth.Vote bessie
On to other matters, let us consider the players.BoomFrog
- Content is light, but I do not see anything untoward at this time. I find his poetry most enjoyable, if nothing else. I do not believe that such sweet words could come from a foul heart. Likely town.DethStalker
- The soul of unreason. I think enough words about him have been said considering what little he has provided. My only misgiving is that I hear the rumblings of an approaching wagon, one which, perhaps, is being guided by nefarious hands in hopes of misdirecting us from more dangerous targets. DGames
- I hope no offense is taken here, but I feel his content thus far feels very much like newbie town. Given that he is indeed an experienced fellow of Sir YOLO, my read must be misplaced. For the moment, I mark him as town, but would be very interested to hear some more detailed reads. I hope that not all fellows from your where are as laconic as Sir YOLO and his compatriots have been at times.dimockha
- Minimal content until today. I am curious about the meaning of this comment in his most recent post.
Vote GoP because he's a terrible father.
Unlike some of the other lurky players, dimochka at least made a solid effort to engage the thread and report reads on his return. Neutral pending more content.freezeblade
- Minimal content until today. I am troubled by the fact that given his fairly extended absence from the game, the first post upon his return is this one
, where he muses vaguely about the setup. Considering that we are nearing the twilight of D1, this is surely cannot not the most important matter that you wish to raise upon your return to play. Leaning scum.Gopher of Pern
- The focus on voting mechanics was inappropriate for a townie, but my gut read is that he was just misguided here. I think he's likely town, mostly on meta at this point.#HBC | YOLOSWAG
- I am pleased to see that YOLO is more engaged with the early stages of the game than our prior encounter. I feel like there is a genuine effort being made to figure things out. Hopefully he will be able to most more detailed content before Day's end, but I see no reason to doubt towniness at this point in time.jimbobmacdoodle
- jimbob has probably been producing more content than anybody else so far. The quality of said content is somewhat mixed, however. There are lots of problems with this post
, that have been discussed at some length. His defense of this content is little better, for the most part. There is a bit of defensiveness in some of his posts that I find reminiscent of his D1 of last game, though not nearly as bad here. Leaning scummy.Madge
- Absent for much of D1. I seem to recall from an earlier game that Madge has a reputation for low content D1 on the whole. Only one real post with content
, and, much like freezeblade, I am struck by how little content is actually provided here upon her return, and which topics in particular are of interest. A third of the post is fluff. A third is stating how she will not speculate on voting powers or kills. The final third is a repetition of some earlier arguments re: SDK/bessie, DethStalker and SirGabriel. Are these really the most important things that you need to address at this stage of D1? Who is town? Who is scum? This post feels rather active lurky and does not reflect well on Madge. Leaning scum.plytho
- Light content for IRL reasons. Feels like plytho so far. Will reserve judgment until I see more content.Sabrar
- So far, Sabrar has been producing quality content and has been scumhunting consistently. I do not agree necessarily with his opinion on a policy lynch of DethStalker, but I think his reasoning is essentially townie. Frankly, given the dearth of content from DethStalker, I find it doubtful that this situation will ever be relevant. He has been placing some most excellent pressure on jimbob, but is not losing focus on the remainder of the game. His town-to-scum list is very questionable, however:
Gopher of Pern
Bard - neutral line is here
At the time of this posting, dimochka had two posts with no content. Freezeblade had four posts with little-to-no content. Madge had one post with no content. plytho and BoomFrog have some content, but fairly minimal. In Sabrar's reading, lurkers are town, and nearly all active players are reported as scummy. Most bizarre. Do you truly have no town reads on any of the players who actually have content, save bessie (who also had light content at the time) and perhaps GoP? Slight scum lean.bessie
- No comment at this time. SDK
- No comment at this time.SirGabriel
- Content looks okay. Both this post
and this post
look very townie to me. Town-to-scum list seems reasonable. Likely town.Znirk
- Not enough content to really comment at this point. I'll say neutral for now because at least his one useful post was a decent reads list.
Ninja'd by plytho. Will update my read on him later.