Shakespeare Mafia III - Curtain Call

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Sat May 20, 2017 7:56 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:One other trifling matter... in this post you made an odd parenthetical comment "Prepost edit. Hmm. Interesting, and not what I expected." What were you referring to here?
I was typing this post:
bessie wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, why do you think that you needed to move laserguys vote from Boomfrog to yourself? Boomfrog was in no danger of lynch. At that stage he had two votes.
At that point so did DethStalker (I think, but I don't have time to work it out right now). Plenty of time for you and your scum partners to try to swing the vote.
When I was ninja’d by this:
SDK wrote:Unvote, Vote BoomFrog


Madge wrote:The reason I wanted dethstalker replaced is because I feel like it's not fair to mpolo and the rest of the players if a role is in the possession of someone who isn't even trying, you know? And that if someone doesn't seem to be trying, then it's not really something to lynch them over (OK, in this case it worked out, admittedly), it's where replacement would be more appropriate - again, if they grew on trees, which we know they don't.
What if he was a jester and trying to get lynched? Then his play would have been brilliant, and we would all be complimenting him now. I’m saying we have no justification to request the mod replace someone that hasn’t technically broken any rules because we don’t like his playstyle. We had a lot of justification to request Znirk be replaced. Why didn’t you request a replacement for him?

Sabrar wrote:EBWOP: got it. It was to create wine and lead Town towards jimbob. Yep, knew I shouldn't have posted that last bit on instinct.
Maybe Regan was killed because your reads were good. Hmm, I’m a bit amused that someone wanted Sabrar out of the game, and now he’s back. Someone out there must be quite annoyed.

Gopher of Pern wrote:And bessie, please lay off with the insults re: my acting. I am but an inexperienced actor, indeed, this is the first time I have played a big part in any production.
I'm afraid I don't have much of a choice. I think dimochka should be along soon to remind us that he is the real star of the show anyway.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby plytho » Sat May 20, 2017 8:23 am UTC

Some quick thoughts (tunnelry on Gopher)

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:For some reason Gopher's town read on DethStalker keeps bugging me. Particularly the deflection towards bessie when I pushed him on it.
You mean this?
Gopher of Pern wrote:Plytho, do you really think if dethstalker was my scumbuddy I'd defend him like this? I'd be more likely to do something like bessie, try to coach them into better play. Which, if dethstalker does get lynched and ends up being scum, will be very informative.
So Gopher of Pern, DethStalker is lynched and scum, do share any reads you may have as a result of this.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I was phone posting yesterday and didn't want to dig up the quote, thanks.

Gopher sort of replied before bessie posted the quote.

Gopher of Pern wrote:
plytho wrote:For some reason Gopher's town read on DethStalker keeps bugging me. Particularly the deflection towards bessie when I pushed him on it.

@Gopher: do you now think bessie is scum for being nice to DethStalker?


Umm... I don't understand the question? I don't know where I deflected towards bessie. Oh, talking about I'd be doing what bessie did? Not neccessarily. It's what I would do. Bessie seems a nice enough person to do it regardless of her alignment. Plus, she wasn't the only one trying to coach them. Bessie was mentioned simply because she was the most recent.


Gopher, I wasn’t just talking about how you’d be doing what bessie did but how you said it would be very informative if DethStalker flipped scum.
Gopher of Pern wrote:My reads haven't changed as a result of the lynch. I believe I already said something to that effect. As I said, Dethstalker was distinctly unhelpful, I had them as neutral, if you recall my reads.

You called DethStalker newbie town, looking at your reads list they do seem to be in the middle, still though.

Not that informative after all I guess?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 20, 2017 9:34 am UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Unfortunately, I got called into work today, and I'm busy most of tomorrow and Wednesday morning, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a detailed analysis post in until D2.
Please do because we don't even know what your read-list was based upon.

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat May 20, 2017 10:38 am UTC

V/LA til Tuesday

I might be able to get a post in prior but can't guarantee it.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 20, 2017 5:27 pm UTC

In his life a man has much to do and do little time,
He frets away the hours as he can
And equipped with meager portal to the realm (on mobile)
It is not the time for a duel of quotations,
My riposte to SDK can wait,
our blood will simmer before it boils.

SDK wrote:
bessie wrote:
SDK wrote:Then there's his "in case of my death" post, which isn't really a scummy thing to do,
You did one of these D1 of Dark Tower mafia.

Yep, and I did one Day 1 of Dark Tower as well. Town or scum can do it, but I've never seen town do one where they didn't consider the possibility of their chosen lynch target being scum.
In the conceivable world which DethStalker is a villain,
I expect that SDK is not in his company,
And with no cause to silence me
The villains let me live till the marrow.
How fortunate for us all that is that world
Though old Sabrer seems not fond of it.

I do believe I had the choice to push for poor Madges death if I so chose
So, in choosing not, unless she too is my nefarious companion I think I deserve some credit that I at least am not one type of scum.

On this topic let us dwell a little longer,
@Madge: Why do you feel it in your interest
To declare so loudly that you have power in the night
Those who speak such are often silenced for their carelessness.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 20, 2017 5:46 pm UTC

What a curious realm it is,
Only dead men can be trusted
From the knowing if their soul
It's clear that two or three
supernatural things are with us now.
But if I were the god of this world
Concerned with variety and spice
I would make one or two a killer,
But one, or mayhap two,
an independent or ally of the town
SDK, if this is a part of your puzzle
Speak it now or forever hold your peace.

As to DethStalker's company,
Two is few for such a stage as this
If there is only the lone deadly ghast,
There may be as much as four traitorous thesbians
Though I think two ghosts are likely,
So therefore three of the more plain villains.
I'll have to keep on eye on those,
Who, diverting our attention, suggested two.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm UTC

The proclaimed master SDK,
So astut, and sharp of wit,
To err so​ frequently begs suspicion
Is it malice or mere ignorance
Take then a vote for your demise
As a compliment to your normal high value
Yet the stalker met his prey
And death, that unyielding beast,
Reveals the truth of the lynch
And knowing such that SDK
Pointed light at true darkness
we value his counsel still
And call him friend.

SDK wrote:BoomFrog

BoomFrog starts the game busy, which is fine. Those things he does chime in on are generally okay to start as well.

Eventually we get BoomFrog's first reads list. Most of his reads make sense. Others, not as much.
- freezeblade is "in the townie club" - why?

I see what others miss
A fool is no concern to kings
My guts were right about JimBob
Trust them then, though you are reserved,
reserve spilling them to the floor.

- I am on the townie side of neutral despite being referred to as "a man of low character". Throughout the Day, I continually slide further and further towards scum while it seems others generally agree that I am becoming more townie if anything (as is my usual course, I suppose).
I recall a recent story where,
a man such as you was proclaimed King of town,
at last he was the wickedest of all.
It is my charge then to remember,
And ensure history's cycle is not too swift,
to bring us to that same cursed fate.

- His read (and vote) on Znirk struck me as out of place. At the time, I immediately went back to read Znirk's one post to find where he was "digging in the mud", and found nothing. He explains shortly after that Znirk was attacking LaserGuy for faulty reasons, but unless he suspected Znirk was neutral, that doesn't jive with his own read on LaserGuy as mafia.
Overall though, no big deal.
I could not make the words more plain,
but quoting is so awkward now,
as I recall the words I can,
LaserGuy had much to melign him,
but not that which of Znirk spoke.
Making znirk's suspicions still bizarre
And new Sabrer has much to reframe.

BoomFrog was also reading jimbob as scum. When asked for reasons (on his jimbob, LaserGuy and Znirk reads), BoomFrog replied with this. His reason was that jimbob tricked him last game, then comes down strongly on jimbob for bugging him about his reads when jimbob shared those reads of LaserGuy and Znirk. This pings me not only because he didn't answer the question, but because this is again inconsistent with any scumteam that could be forming in BoomFrog's mind. He's not actually hunting scum (and shortly thereafter calls jimbob town).

The seed of truth in this pile,
I did indeed not consider a specific fellowship,
Such things are rarely apparent
So early on this stage.

BoomFrog's next reads list calls me scum, presumably buddies with LaserGuy? I was voting LaserGuy at the time.

Between the two I thought one scum,
But as you said, not both,
The conflict was too real.

Anyway, he gives some reasons for his suspicion of me, but nothing there didn't exist before - all the meat of it is regarding my first post. I asked him a question about my recent content (since clearly something must have changed his mind, right?), but received no answer despite him commenting on my Madge read in her defense (so he must have read the post).
What you lacked was hunting scum,
which you then supplied just after then,
but again I will say to all,
I will no longer advise the wicked,
on the manner they betray themselves.

Then there's his "in case of my death" post, which isn't really a scummy thing to do, but does not consider DethStalker being scum as even an option. BoomFrog is voting for DethStalker at this time.
The vote for DethStalker was not for death,
but to preserve the life of Madge,
would she live another day,
to use her power in the night,
and​ better serve the town,
then a wretched fool who can't be understood.

DethStalker's is a happy chance,
But was it luck or wit to happen upon this result?

Overall, I see a lot of reasons to believe BoomFrog is scum, and nothing to make me believe he is town. Someone mentioned that he's being more helpful this game, but I don't even see that - he's being less direct and less earnest in his scumhunting, and that's the key here. Maybe I should have pushed this yesterday instead of Madge. In any case, I do believe DethStalker is likely town, especially if BoomFrog is scum, so I'd rather do this. I realize deadline is in an hour, but if you like this case, make your vote. Since a tie just initiates an extension, there is no risk.


In light of day DethStalker is revealed,
If the horse stumbles the wagon follows,
If the wagon pulls is the horse born back?

Perhaps being direct doesn't suit
an enthusiastic fool.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Sun May 21, 2017 1:11 am UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Due to RL time crunch I'm going to drop the fancy prose this post. My apologies to my fans Bessie and plytho.
:( Ok this time. I’m expecting great things tomorrow.


BoomFrog wrote: great things


[bessie's jaw hits the floor]

O that this too too solid flesh would melt
Thaw and resolve itself into a dew.
Or that our great Mod had not fix'd it in
His canon to play 'gainst one’s win-con barred.
How weary, stale, flat and unprofitable,
Seem to me all my content in this game.
My reads 'tis but an unweeded garden,
That grows no seed; That it should come to this!
So excellent BoomFrog; that was, to this,
Hyperion to a satyr; is he to me.
That he in mind and art compose this verse
While bessie doth purloin a great man’s words.


Back in a little while after I find some self-esteem.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby BoomFrog » Sun May 21, 2017 2:44 am UTC

I am at your service, lady.
I dare say, though many would begrudge me,
upon this stage there is no other
greater fool then I.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Sun May 21, 2017 4:37 am UTC

O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention.


Well the muse shall not be visiting me tonight :( , so here’s my analysis of the dead players in dull uninspired prose.

DethStalker as the Duke of Burgundy
I did have an early scum read on him, but that was irrelevant at first, he didn’t understand what was expected of him so I tried to help him out. As the day progressed I became more annoyed and I was pushing him for reads on jimbob (later Gopher). At that point I was more interested in whether his teammates would bus him to keep him quiet so that he wouldn’t implicate them.

jimbob and plytho read this wrong, it was not a joke. I was trying to provoke a response from jimbob.
bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:bessie: Less content than normal from her, but she has got real-life reasons. Nothing major stood out to me as obviously scummy - it all seems fairly typical bessie so far (with the exception that she hasn't started massively tunnelling on somebody yet :P ). Moderately townie, partially influenced by SDK's claim.
bessie wrote:@DethStalker, jimbobmacdoodle is defending you. What is your opinion of jimbobmacdoodle? Do you think he is town?
I'm defending DethStalker?
Yes. And it was quite astute of you to figure out that your response, not DethStalker’s, was my primary goal in asking this question. Thank you for complying!

So who might have been bussing DethStalker? I was thinking about SDK’s change of heart from this:
SDK wrote:If no one wants to follow me on Madge, I'd be okay with a DethStalker lynch, but that is super lazy and super unhelpful going forward. I'm not at all confident in my BoomFrog read, but I'd rather do that than a random. Even Znirk would be better.

Ok after thinking about this all day, I’m not sure I can draw any useful conclusions from DethStalker’s wagon. YOLOSWAG is looking for his teammates off the wagon, but I think that his own teammates may have wanted him dead. Madge also pointed this out (noncommittal as to side though).
Madge wrote:GoP defending dethstalker is of course suspicious but I can't help but feel that in light of dethstalker's behaviour and refusal to engage with people, any scumbuddy(s) would raise their hands up in the air and decide that they're an SK. Then again - maybe they were hoping to get to N1 and see if they could shake some sense into him...


jimbobmacdoodle as an Officer
I was reading him as scum D1 for focusing on unimportant things and being noncommittal in his reads. In retrospect, I think some of that feel may have been due to his roleplaying as the peacemaker. jimbob knew there was a supernatural faction (from cop power) and was killed N1 by that faction. Why kill jimbob? He was at the top of bessie’s scum list so history tells us she would be tunneling on him D2 (ditto Sabrar?) and he would seem like a good mislynch candidate. And the supernatural scum team could have killed Sabrar instead of jimbob to further implicate him. Conclusion is that there must have been something of concern to the supernatural scum team in his reads. Jimbob’s scum reads were DGames Bard (active lurking), Gopher of Pern (content), LaserGuy (content), Sabrar (content), Znirk (content and possible scum with Madge). If his reads were the reason he was killed the most likely candidates are Gopher of Pern and LaserGuy, possibly Madge because Znirk was a likely modkill so if he was scum his alignment would be revealed and lead jimbob to Madge.

Sabrar as Regan
New avatar! Is that your dog? Sorry I get distracted when I see cute pictures of dogs! :D

Sabrar knew there was a supernatural faction (from doctor power). Killed N1 by the Guild (other) mafia faction. Why? First possibility is to divert suspicion to jimbob (see read of jimbob above). Second for his scum reads, which were SDK (content), YOLOSWAG (content), LaserGuy (gut meta), jimbob (content), Znirk (lurking, content, and possible scum with LaserGuy). Third (most likely?) killed for meta reasons (someone doesn’t want him in game because he drives content which contributes to scum hunting).

Still confused about this, perhaps you can explain it sometime (can wait until later if it is no longer relevant).
Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Also, what is it about SirGabriel's last post that you don't like? I don't see it on first skim through.
Will reveal it in due time, but to give you a hint it is related to the lottery numbers 3,5,12,17,47 and the Public Utility Commission of Texas.


Analysis of live players to follow. But maybe not tonight. I'll try.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 21, 2017 6:07 am UTC

bessie wrote:New avatar! Is that your dog?
My partner's.
bessie wrote:Still confused about this, perhaps you can explain it sometime (can wait until later if it is no longer relevant).
Sabrar wrote:it is related to the lottery numbers 3,5,12,17,47 and the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
In an earlier post I linked to SirGabriel's comment in the Gojoe thread that to me showed he was lying. That comment was made at 17/05/03 12:47 pm UTC.
bessie wrote:Conclusion is that there must have been something of concern to the supernatural scum team in his reads. Jimbob’s scum reads were DGames Bard (active lurking), Gopher of Pern (content), LaserGuy (content), Sabrar (content), Znirk (content and possible scum with Madge). If his reads were the reason he was killed the most likely candidates are Gopher of Pern and LaserGuy, possibly Madge because Znirk was a likely modkill so if he was scum his alignment would be revealed and lead jimbob to Madge.
We know it can't have been former me. I know it can't be Znirk or leading Znirk's reveal to Madge. If we believe Bard then it can't have been him or LaserGuy either. That would leave Gopher of Pern who wasn't that low on jimbob's list. However if we assume that as always the play revolves around me, me, me then scum might have killed jimbob in order to shift attention to my case on him (and perhaps to a lesser degree on your accusations as well).
I urge my fellow players to reread their lines with that in mind as it will surely benefit the show.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Sun May 21, 2017 7:29 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Conclusion is that there must have been something of concern to the supernatural scum team in his reads. Jimbob’s scum reads were DGames Bard (active lurking), Gopher of Pern (content), LaserGuy (content), Sabrar (content), Znirk (content and possible scum with Madge). If his reads were the reason he was killed the most likely candidates are Gopher of Pern and LaserGuy, possibly Madge because Znirk was a likely modkill so if he was scum his alignment would be revealed and lead jimbob to Madge.
We know it can't have been former me. I know it can't be Znirk or leading Znirk's reveal to Madge. If we believe Bard then it can't have been him or LaserGuy either. That would leave Gopher of Pern who wasn't that low on jimbob's list. However if we assume that as always the play revolves around me, me, me then scum might have killed jimbob in order to shift attention to my case on him (and perhaps to a lesser degree on your accusations as well).
The way my brain works best is to start off with all possibilities and eliminate from there. I know that former you didn’t kill jimbobmacdoodle, but working from a list of jimbob’s scum reads former you is an output (that can be eliminated because Regan didn’t have a kill). I don’t know that Znirk/you is town, but my current suspicion on Madge is that if she’s scum she’s a member of the Guild scum team and didn’t kill jimbob anyway. So perhaps I do need to give more weight to the possibility that the play revolves around you you you, as you were definitely the focus of at least one scum team.

Interesting that you didn’t comment on my analysis of who killed Regan.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 am UTC

bessie wrote:Interesting that you didn’t comment on my analysis of who killed Regan.
I felt no need. I think this is the most likely scenario (mentioned also by you).
Obviously I know it isn't jimbob or Znirk, I believe Bard's confirmation about LaserGuy, that leaves SDK and YOLOSWAG. I kind of want to push the latter today, so that's a possibility but he couldn't have known it D1. I had SDK as indie in my latest list (which was ages ago), don't think I had him as scum D1.
Regarding your 'most likely?' scenario I would hope that isn't the case because that would mean I will be a target in future games as well regardless of alignment.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 pm UTC

very late EBWOP:
Sabrar wrote:I had SDK as indie in my latest list (which was ages ago), don't think I had him as scum D1 after that.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Sun May 21, 2017 5:20 pm UTC

I’m still trying to put together a reads list. It’s difficult due to low activity, which is normal for weekends.

D2 activity:
Spoiler:
bessie – 5 posts
BoomFrog – 4 posts from a cell phone
DGames | Bard – 5 posts, works on weekends
dimochka – No posts
Gopher of Pern – 2 posts
#HBC | YOLOSWAG – 7 posts, V/LA until Tuesday
kalira – 2 posts, busy this weekend working on a real play
LaserGuy – 3 posts, will be away most of weekend
Madge – 2 posts
plytho – 7 posts, busy weekend
Sabrar – 16 posts, phone posting
SDK – 3 posts, V/LA until Tuesday
SirGabriel – 3 posts

Until we get some more activity, maybe I’ll just spar with Sabrar for a little while.
Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:My claim for bessie as town went down messier than I expected, so I didn't figure either of us would die.
Seriously? bessie is clearly the most townie among all lists.

Not true! bessie’s towniness rankings at the end of D1 (eliminating the poster’s name from their own list):
Spoiler:
bessie – plytho first
BoomFrog – seventh (Sabrar first)
DethStalker – no reads
DGames | Bard – no list
dimochka – second (Sabrar first)
freezeblade/kalira – no list
Gopher of Pern – fourth (Sabrar first)
#HBC | YOLOSWAG – no list
jimbobmacdoodle – second (plytho first)
LaserGuy – third (YOLOSWAG first)
Madge – fourth (Sabrar first)
plytho - first
Sabrar - first
SDK - first
SirGabriel - first
Znirk – no list

Sabrar wrote:I felt no need. I think this is the most likely scenario (mentioned also by you).
Obviously I know it isn't jimbob or Znirk, I believe Bard's confirmation about LaserGuy, that leaves SDK and YOLOSWAG. I kind of want to push the latter today, so that's a possibility but he couldn't have known it D1. I had SDK as indie in my latest list (which was ages ago), don't think I had him as scum D1.
I’m trying to keep my reads of you D1 and D2 separate, because they should be. Do you have any updated reads from your new point of view?

Sabrar wrote:Regarding your 'most likely?' scenario I would hope that isn't the case because that would mean I will be a target in future games as well regardless of alignment.
It’s the price you pay for being the smartest guy in the room. :)

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby SirGabriel » Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

A bit later than I would have liked, but here's my promised analysis post:


bessie - A lot of content, a lot of questions for others. Considers many possible reasons why SDK would claim to know she is town, can't decide which explanation is most likely. Tries several times to get better content out of DethStalker - it seems to me that this is just friendly advice rather than scum trying to help out their scumbuddy, especially since DethStalker made no attempt to follow bessie's advice. Seems townie to me.

BoomFrog - Opposes revealing details of vote-altering roles. Voted DethStalker early D1, later unvoted and voted LaserGuy, suspecting LaserGuy could be on a scum team with DethStalker. After Bard's defense of LaserGuy, moves vote to SDK, later moves it back to DethStalker. He seems to move his vote around a lot more than most, but I see nothing obviously scummy in his content. Neutral.

Bard - Opposes revealing details of vote-altering roles. Thinks SDK's claim about bessie is odd, lists SDK as neutral/possible anti-town because of it. Suspicious of GoP. I agree with most of what he says, so I'll put his as slightly townie.

dimochka - Less content than a lot of the other players. Thinks SDK is scummy but not standard mafia. I'd like to see more content, since I can't get a good read on what he has now. I'll call him neutral for now.

freezeblade - Barely any content, then got replaced.
kalira - Also barely any content, for IRL reasons. Should have more content soon, so I'll wait until then to pass judgment.

Gopher of Pern - Mentioned possibility of two scum factions in his confirmation post - perhaps he had more information about this then the rest of us? Also asks, in his confirmation post, for vote-altering roles to claim. His later justification for that suggestion was not convincing, and he seems to contradict himself: first he suggests that it would be good for powerful vote-altering roles to claim so scum can kill those powerful roles instead of other powerful roles, then he says he was only talking about the votes present at day start (neither of which appears to be particularly powerful). Says scum+SK is more likely than 2 scum factions. Opposes DethStalker lynch, but doesn't give any reasons why he thinks DethStalker is newbie town rather than newbie scum, except that DethStalker made no attempt to improve after threat of lynch (which isn't a very good argument). Scummy.

Yoloswag - A bunch of short posts. Thinks based on flavor and rules that there are two scum factions. Joins DethStalker's wagon D1, then on D2 wants to only consider lynching those not on DethStalker's wagon (he retracts this when someone points out that there is probably a second scum team). Has not yet posted analysis on all players, or even a town-to-scum list. I'm reading him as just on the scummy side of neutral.

LaserGuy - Finds SDK suspicious, thinks he's almost certainly not town. Doesn't like DethStalker's content, suggests DethStalker's wagon may be led by scum, suggests DethStalker ask for a replacement (which I suppose is not entirely a bad think for a townie to ask, but it would made perfect sense for Guild!LaserGuy to ask, since replacing DethStalker would likely save his replacement from being lynched. Has an automatic OMGUS vote, which is not really a threat to anyone no matter which team he's on. Possibly teammates with DethStalker, but other than the connection between them I see no obvious scumtells, so I'll put him as slightly scummy.

Madge - Not a lot of content. Says she's fine with lynching DethStalker but would prefer him to be replaced (but, unlike LaserGuy, she does not ask him to ask to be replaced). Claims in her first D2 post that she was roleblocked, and later that she has an ability that can be used multiple times - not clear why she felt the need to claim that, especially since our two dead townies both have only one-shot powers that aren't very powerful. If Madge is town, she may have put a target on her head for no reason. Then again, she may have put a target on her head because she's bulletproof. Still, I'm putting her at slightly scummy.

plytho - Analysis post looks good, nothing really stands out in his content. I'm putting him at slightly townie, more due to gut feeling than anything else.

SDK - Nothing really stands out except his claim to know bessie is town and his claim to have a scummy-looking town role. I still can't figure out what he was trying to accomplish with that claim. I'm not certain he's scum, but I don't believe he's town.

Znirk - Barely any content.
Sabrar - Town in first incarnation, no obvious change in posting style or reads since being reincarnated. Neutral.


Vote: Gopher of Pern

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Sabrar – 16 posts, phone posting
I don't know why that's relevant, but I wasn't. I don't even know what gave you this idea, unless this is another ploy of yours to make me admit that I had made multiple EBWOP's today and you think this is indicative of something.

bessie wrote:Not true! bessie’s towniness rankings at the end of D1 (eliminating the poster’s name from their own list):
My Excel-sheet is at work so expect me to refute you around 7am UTC on Monday.

bessie wrote:Do you have any updated reads from your new point of view?
Nope, no player is mentioned by name or otherwise in Znirk's role-pm. I cannot shed any light on his 'content' from D1.

bessie wrote:It’s the price you pay for being the smartest guy in the room. :)
I shall try to bear this burden with dignity. :D

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby dimochka » Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 pm UTC

I've lost internet twice while trying to phone post. I know it's unlike the star of the show to disappear, but I am with nearly no reception this weekend. I should be back in civilization in about 12 hours, and will be on a plane with free wifi, so I'll have a full post then.

And just so you don't forget about me,

vote dimochka

and no, my voting restriction is not to vote for myself at all times, but it's related.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 21, 2017 8:56 pm UTC

SDK wrote:You? Shut up? Now that's surprising.
You know what? You're completely right. It's incredibly boring when everyone leaves for the weekend, and with me being in a different timezone we'll have precious little time to talk when you return.

1. Why did you have YOLOSWAG as townie here? What is your opinion of him right now?
2. You've tried twice to shift the lynch away from DethStalker. Did you think his content would improve?
3. Your case on BoomFrog depends multiple times on his reads being inconsistent when considering scum-teams. However this is completely off-base if we have 2 of those which was already heavily discussed by that time. Why did you not take that into account?

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun May 21, 2017 11:28 pm UTC

Bessie, I feel you are being very nitpicky about your townieness. You are first on four different lists, and excluding Boomfrog, you are no lower than fourth. Maybe not most townie, but you are up there.

Since some people are hounding me on dethstalker; I think the way dethstalker finished the day was perfect from his point of view. He said nothing of import, so there's no reads of his to look into. Both town and scum had good reasons to lynch them. When I said it would be most informative, I assumed at that stage they would start contributing.

SirGabriel, you'll note my confirmation post was in page two. Other people had already mentioned the possibility of 2 scum teams. My call for vote claims was under the assumption that everyone was power-town. That may not indeed be the case, and I dropped it after that. And I did give reasons for thinking for newbie-town for dethstalker, you just skipped over them obviously. You are wrong on all your points.

Boomfrog, it may be your prose, but I don't get this line:
BoomFrog wrote:
Then there's his "in case of my death" post, which isn't really a scummy thing to do, but does not consider DethStalker being scum as even an option. BoomFrog is voting for DethStalker at this time.
The vote for DethStalker was not for death,
but to preserve the life of Madge,
would she live another day,
to use her power in the night,
and​ better serve the town,
then a wretched fool who can't be understood.

DethStalker's is a happy chance,
But was it luck or wit to happen upon this result?


Madge was in no danger of lynch (modkill, maybe), even though there was some discussion over it. You seemed to be following SDK blindly at that stage.

Honestly, after trying to read through your prose, you still haven't managed to form any honest opinions about anything this game.
Vote: Boomfrog
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby BoomFrog » Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Madge was in no danger of lynch (modkill, maybe), even though there was some discussion over it. You seemed to be following SDK blindly at that stage.

Honestly, after trying to read through your prose, you still haven't managed to form any honest opinions about anything this game.
Vote: Boomfrog

I must agree I may have spent a few too many hours
Crafting beautiful appetizers
And have yet to arrive at the main course
I don't blame you for your wet appetite.

But trust me, Madge was in danger.
SDK and YOLOSWAG were set to drive the wagon
Had I weighed in against dear Madge
She's be the one slain now.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby BoomFrog » Mon May 22, 2017 12:32 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:You seemed to be following SDK blindly at that stage.

What is your opinion of SDK and why would you prefer lynching me over him?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon May 22, 2017 12:47 am UTC

SDK I'm unsure of, which is relatively normal. His reputation precedes him, which means his outing of bessie doesn't speak to his townieness. I do agree with most of his reads, which is kind of unusual. SDK has contributed a lot more than you have, and I kind of consider you both have similar styles, so you are currently on the scummier side.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Mon May 22, 2017 1:03 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:It's incredibly boring when everyone leaves for the weekend, and with me being in a different timezone we'll have precious little time to talk when you return.
Sorry I deserted you Sabrar, and after I invited you to spar too! My husband had a gig and I was going to hide in a corner and post from the bar, but a couple dozen of my friends showed up (how they even knew I was there I don’t know thank you social media) so I has to be friendly and socialize (which is not easy for me but that’s another story). Then the power went off during the second set which meant all the traffic lights went out too and immediately there was a pile up in the intersection in front of the bar so people ran out to try and help because one of the cars was full of kids. Then there was another crash a block away (gotta love southern California car culture). After about 45 minutes without power the band decided to pack up which was too bad because people were still showing up that had heard about him and wanted to see him play (social media again?). Of course it’s earlier than expected so the hottest time of the day and the sound guy passed out while he was loading the equipment into the van. And people couldn’t pay their bar tabs because no power to retrieve them from the system so they just left. Anyway I'm back!

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Sabrar – 16 posts, phone posting
I don't know why that's relevant, but I wasn't. I don't even know what gave you this idea, unless this is another ploy of yours to make me admit that I had made multiple EBWOP's today and you think this is indicative of something.
It’s not relevant and doesn’t mean anything, and well excuse me for thinking that you were posting from your phone I must have mixed you up with someone else. I was just pointing out that weekends are not a good time to judge people for activity, because some are restricted to phone posting or don’t play at all on weekends because they are out having a better time than me. If it had been a weekday I would have requested a modprod on dimochka.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Not true! bessie’s towniness rankings at the end of D1 (eliminating the poster’s name from their own list):
My Excel-sheet is at work so expect me to refute you around 7am UTC on Monday.
11pm Sunday for me. I shall be waiting.


dimochka, should I vote for you?


Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, I feel you are being very nitpicky about your townieness.
Nope, not my post restriction. Read this post and try again.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon May 22, 2017 1:10 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, I feel you are being very nitpicky about your townieness.
Nope, not my post restriction. Read this post and try again.


Um...I wasn't going for your post restriction? I was commenting on the fact you seem to be picking on very minor details, to the detriment of the game. The fact that you don't have it as a post restriction makes me think less of you.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Mon May 22, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:
bessie wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Bessie, I feel you are being very nitpicky about your townieness.
Nope, not my post restriction. Read this post and try again.


Um...I wasn't going for your post restriction? I was commenting on the fact you seem to be picking on very minor details, to the detriment of the game. The fact that you don't have it as a post restriction makes me think less of you.

Because I’m going on about being labeled townie? To someone I’m confirmed town. If that person is also town, he won’t let me be lynched. But I question others' motives. And as to SDK’s claim, I didn’t ask him to claim. He claimed on page one, in his first game post, before I even got home. I was already being labeled town by some prior to making my first almost contentless game post on page two and my second rather sparse game post on page three.

FoS anyone who accepted SDK’s claim without question when I myself had posted no content. You’re following the pack.

FoS anyone who was still willing to use SDK’s claim at least in part to continue to label me townie, while voicing suspicions of SDK alignment. Your reads are inconsistent.

FoS anyone who has been content to rubber stamp me townie based on meta and has not even analyzed my content for scumtells. This is a safe, noncontroversial read and a lazy excuse not to scumhunt.


Interesting how you think that my calling people out for this is detrimental to the game. But at least you aren’t auto slapping the town label on me.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon May 22, 2017 2:22 am UTC

Aren't you being a tad defensive? I was only talking about that particular comment. I find it interesting that you thought otherwise.

I agree with you re: your FOS's, but now you are just repeating yourself.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby BoomFrog » Mon May 22, 2017 4:40 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:SDK I'm unsure of, which is relatively normal. His reputation precedes him, which means his outing of bessie doesn't speak to his townieness. I do agree with most of his reads, which is kind of unusual. SDK has contributed a lot more than you have, and I kind of consider you both have similar styles, so you are currently on the scummier side.
Plain text then: The sum total of SDK's content has been, "Bessie is town", "DethStalker might be scum", "Madge, boomfrog and Dethstalker are probably scum.", "LaserGuy is scum", "Nope, I accept he is not.", "Let's lynch madge.", "fine dethstalker", "No boomfrog actually."

The sum total of my content has been, "Silly RP", "Znirk is scum", "Secret message to Sabrer that he apparently didn't get", "despite the evidence JimBob is town.", "LaserGuy and SDK are probably scum", "I believe bard so let's lynch SDK.", "Madge is town don't lynch her, fine Dethstalker is an okay compromise."

Everything else has been noise. SDK did put dethstalker on the spot which is a decent sign that he isn't Albertian actors guild mafia so that's good, but he did try to push the lynch away from dethstalker at the last minute, onto madge and then onto me. I however, specifically did push the lynch onto dethstalker to save madge, so unless I'm supernatural scum-buddies with Madge I think I deserve more credit for the actually effect of my actions. SDK and I are both willy players, you can't judge us by our words. But if things are going well for town then we are probably not scum. And so far town is doing well. (but if either of us are this game, it's SDK :wink: ).

If things start going to shit, then lynch one of us, now it's time for me to stop getting distracted and find scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby BoomFrog » Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 am UTC

EBWOP
Sabrar
:oops:
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby BoomFrog » Mon May 22, 2017 5:35 am UTC

Town
-secret club members-
dimochka
Madge
freezeblade

-seem townie-
bessie - Acting just as a townie Bessie should. Sorry :p Could you try to find some scum though instead of being bored?
Gopher of Pern - even if I don't agree with him, I understand where he's coming from and he's right to be suspicious of me and SDK in general.
LaserGuy - focuses on the wrong things but perhaps that is just because he's relatively new. When trying to uncover a secret, ask yourself, is this something that it's good for town to know or good for scum to know? Not all secrets are bad.
Bard - A reckless move to protect LaserGuy if he is scum as the other team could kill LaserGuy and foil the plan. If Laser is town and Bard is scum then Bard is likely not buddies with DethStalker. The only sensible world with non-town Bard is if LaserGuy is supernatural SK and bard is a secret (and desperate) supporter but town!Bard is more likely.

plytho - Style pings me as town again. But only barely. Plytho: Who do you find scummiest right now? Who would you shot if you had to kill someone right now?
YOLOSWAG - Not mundane mafia, he hit dethstalker too hard for that. Possible supernatural mafia. Needs observation because he holds his cards so close to his chest it's hard to get a read on him. If you're town, please show your thinking a bit more, so I can read you and know I can trust you late game. Who are your four scummiest reads? Anybody you think might be buddies?
New Sabrar- Nothing redeeming has come from him D2 except defending me from SDK. Which, actually, is pretty redeeming.

SirGabriel - Low content but reasonable logic in what he does post. Put dethstalker third from bottom in initial read list so that's something but not much. Needs more content, but off to a good start D2.
SDK - Discussed ad nauseam already.





Scum

So that leaves me with no scum at all. PoE would be SirGabriel, but that's a lazy lurker lynch, I don't trust it. I'm making a wrong assumption somewhere here. It's getting too late and I've spent two hours rereading so I'll have to find scum tomorrow. I also can't figure out why JimBob was killed.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby bessie » Mon May 22, 2017 5:37 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Aren't you being a tad defensive?
Over what? Being labeled town?

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Do you have any updated reads from your new point of view?
Nope, no player is mentioned by name or otherwise in Znirk's role-pm. I cannot shed any light on his 'content' from D1.
I’ve been thinking about it and I would like to see an updated reads list from you. Your alignment may have changed, and if you’re scum now, it’s too easy to point to your D1 content and say “same as yesterday” which is the content of confirmed town. Your content doesn’t feel the same to me today as it did yesterday, but it may possibly be because your posting restriction changed, and today you’re "annoyed by our unprofessionalism" or something.

BoomFrog, do you still think Madge is town?

Ninja'd by BoomFrog, never mind.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:YOLOSWAG - Not mundane mafia, he hit dethstalker too hard for that.
You're wrong about this one, it is entirely in his repertoire of making such a play. Don't discard this possibility.

bessie wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Aren't you being a tad defensive?
Over what? Being labeled town?

Sabrar wrote:I’ve been thinking about it and I would like to see an updated reads list from you.

95% Town: dimochka, freezeblade/kalira, LaserGuy, Madge
80% Town: Bard, BoomFrog
65% Town: bessie, Gopher of Pern, plytho
50% Town: SirGabriel
40% Town: SDK
20% Town: YOLOSWAG

Ordering within groups is basically interchangeable and I need to reread my 50%-80% suspects. But here's an ordered list based on gut:

Town
LaserGuy
Madge
freezeblade
dimochka
Bard
BoomFrog
Gopher of Pern
plytho
bessie
SirGabriel
SDK
YOLOSWAG
Scum

More soon.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act I opens

Postby bessie » Mon May 22, 2017 6:44 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:bessie - Acting just as a townie Bessie should. Sorry :p Could you try to find some scum though instead of being bored?
I’m not bored, just waiting for the lurkers. But you're right, we need to get to work and not wait. So. I don’t agree with your D2 town read of Madge. I don’t have a problem with your D1 town read of Madge. When SDK asked me to follow him on Madge here I didn’t. By the way, I agree with this:
BoomFrog wrote:But trust me, Madge was in danger.
SDK and YOLOSWAG were set to drive the wagon
Had I weighed in against dear Madge
She's be the one slain now.

Here’s my read of Madge three posts after SDK’s request and your refusal to follow him:
bessie wrote:Madge as Oswald - Fluff. Her very few reads are borrowed from others. Would be scummier lean, but I also feel she would post more as scum.

I am not a gut instinct player. If you and SDK had made an actual case on Madge earlier instead of SDK just throwing it out there, I may have changed my mind.

Late D1 Madge makes this remark, which I don’t like at all.
Madge wrote:Dethstalker (but I think likely town despite this, if replacements grow on trees I want him replaced)

For reasons already discussed by me here, here, and here. The third link contains a question pertaining to this, for which I am anxiously awaiting a response upon Madge’s return.

As to the remainder of Madge’s D2 content, I think SirGabriel made a very good observation re Madge’s power.
SirGabriel wrote:Madge - Not a lot of content. Says she's fine with lynching DethStalker but would prefer him to be replaced (but, unlike LaserGuy, she does not ask him to ask to be replaced). Claims in her first D2 post that she was roleblocked, and later that she has an ability that can be used multiple times - not clear why she felt the need to claim that, especially since our two dead townies both have only one-shot powers that aren't very powerful. If Madge is town, she may have put a target on her head for no reason. Then again, she may have put a target on her head because she's bulletproof. Still, I'm putting her at slightly scummy.

So in conclusion I’m not sure why you find Madge so townie, maybe it’s gut and that’s why I don’t understand because I don’t do that type of read. If it’s because scum!SDK and scum!YOLOSWAG tried to start a wagon on her, maybe it’s just because she wasn’t on their team, and this doesn’t preclude her from being on a different scum team. So I have Madge as leaning scum until she comes back and posts some townie content.

Ninja'd by Sabrar. Will read later.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:52 am UTC

bessie wrote:FoS anyone who has been content to rubber stamp me townie based on meta and has not even analyzed my content for scumtells. This is a safe, noncontroversial read and a lazy excuse not to scumhunt.


Your last two or three posts pinged me so much I decided that I absolutely must start my reread with you and then, well things sort of spiraled out of control.

bessie Recap:
Spoiler:
D1:
Post 1: Confirm
Post 2: Irrelevant personal details + challenge to Gopher
Post 3: Irrelevant personal details + welcome to new players. Pointed assistance to DethStalker. Refuses to move vote from Gopher.
Post 4: Irrelevant personal details in response to SDK reaction request. Later responds for real, somewhat confused about what this says about SDK alignment.
Post 5: Discussion with Sabrar about DethStalker's hated trait. Notes DethStalker did not properly set up his account to post.
Post 6: Soft prods on Madge, DethStalker, dimochka. Comments on jester resulting in game end.
Post 7: Irrelevant persona details + irrelevant content from another play. Missed that Sabrar wanted her to read confirmation posts (despite that I explicitly mentioned it before this point). Comments that her role is villainous rather than SDK. Asks me why I pointed out that she was an NK target. Comments on townie meta. Accuses Gopher of rolefishing. Pokes Gopher. Asks me what I find suspicious of SDK. Pokes SDK re: DethStalker. Commets on jimbob's 5 points and rolefishing. Confused by DethStalker, a few others. Ends with soliloquy. This is bessie's first attempt at actual scumhunting.
Post 8: Asks DethStalker what he thinks of jimbob defending him.
Post 9: Notes my vote/unvote on Znirk. Asks for mod confirmation.
Post 10: Tries to get DethStalker to produce content.
Post 11: Finally responds to Sabrar's request to read confirmation posts. Pleased that jimbob and Gopher responded to DethStalker question.
Post 12: DethStalker is newbie scum. Gives up on him. Follows up with me re: NK target. Irrelevant personal content.
Post 13: Comments about people accepting her as town while questioning SDK. Snarky commentary to me, dimochka, freezeblade. Replies to Bard about "hated" trait being scummy.
Post 14: Moves my vote. Suggests FoS everyone who reads her as town for meta. A bit more snarky commentary.
Post 15: Town-to-scum list. Gut reads with no analysis.
Post 16: Reply to Gopher about why she moved my vote. Veiled comment about SDK vote. Wants to know why Madge wanted DethStalker replaced.
Post 17: Welcomes kalira. Agrees with SDK on Madge but not BoomFrog.
Post 18: In case of death post: No scum reads. Lampshades that she didn't tunnel. Says she'll move me down my list despite being at the bottom already.

D2:
Post 1: Replies to my note about her automatic vote on Gopher. Lampshades her character being scummy. Agrees with others about two scum teams, unsure about size. Notes flipped townie powers seem kind of weak. Some lighthearted banter. Questions Gopher about what he will read given DethStalker is scum. Comments DethStalker may have been on the stronger team given his power. Prods Madge about her question of why DethStalker should be replaced but not Znirk.
Post 2: Answers me about her "Hmm... Interesting" comment. Replies to Madge about DethStalker. Comments about reasons for Sabrar's death. Banter with Gopher.
Post 3: Poetic response to BoomFrog. This is a very interesting choice.
Post 4: Night analysis. DethStalker: Tried to help, but he was unresponsive. Gave up on him. No useful conclusions from wagon. jimbob: Death odd as possible mislynch candidate. Feels that likely implicates me, Gopher, or Madge. Sabrar death may have been to divert suspicion to jimbob. Reads implicate SDK, YOLOSWAG, LaserGuy, jimbob, Znirk. Also Sabrar meta was good choice.
Post 5: Explains some reasoning for above post.
Post 6: Claims she isn't as townie as people think. Not much else.
Post 7: Irrelevant personal details. Mistakes Sabrar to be phone posting.
Post 8: A bunch of FoS statements.
Post 9: Replies to Gopher about defensiveness. Comments to Sabrar about that he's a different player.


Let's start with the most important questions first: Who are you and what have you done with bessie? Is there a ransom that needs to be paid? Does her family know? Her dog?

It's hard to know even where to start with this. If it weren't for SDK throwing you a lifeline in his first post, I daresay you ought to have been lynched last night. From this read, I think bessie is almost certainly scum, and most likely aligned with DethStalker. I don't know where SDK fits in... it's hard to imagine him not also being your scumbuddy, but I guess it's possible that he has a spectacularly odd role that would allow this.

The bulk of bessie's posts are vacuous, transparently so. As I note above, it takes her seven posts before she even attempts any real scumhunting, and it is decidedly half-hearted. She spends a surprising amount of time making snarky commentary at people as well as lampshading the fact that she's scum hiding under her townie meta. What stands out most to me is the lack of scumhunting though as well as the apparent indecisiveness of her reads. I've read games where bessie has been confused or frustrated. I've seen a game where she hasn't tried.

Congratulations on finally rolling scum.

Vote bessie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:55 am UTC

EBWOP:

LaserGuy wrote:I've never seen a game where she hasn't tried.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 22, 2017 7:08 am UTC

Some observations (in bold) about your list
bessie wrote:bessie – plytho first - not relevant
BoomFrog – seventh (Sabrar first) - BoomFrog had you 6th (after discarding his own name from the list)
Gopher of Pern – fourth (Sabrar first) - GoP had you 3rd (after discarding his own name from the list)
Madge – fourth (Sabrar first) - I don't think that Madge ordered within group but I might have been wrong about that

Averaging numerical rankings you had a whopping 2.44 (where 1 is most townie). Next player was plytho with 5.17. See the difference? BTW my own rank was 6.8 (weighed down due to jimbob, plytho and SirGabriel).

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 am UTC

I've come to a similar conclusion to laserguy. There is definitely something going on with bessie. I would like to hear from SDK re: his almost confirmation of her as town. Bessie is being overly defensive about being called town. I have been wrong about bessie before though, but that was before playing a few games with her.

I find it interesting both Boomfrog and Sabrar have dimochka / Madge / Kalira at the top of their town lists. I don't see anything particularly towny about them. Madge and kalira were particularly lurky D1. Why do you both consider them town?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:I find it interesting both Boomfrog and Sabrar have dimochka / Madge / Kalira at the top of their town lists. I don't see anything particularly towny about them. Madge and kalira were particularly lurky D1. Why do you both consider them town?
My opinion on this hasn't changed. It's a meta-read that I hope to use in the future as well and revealing it would make that impossible.
With that said I will disclose it if it's the only way to win this particular game but I won't be too happy about it.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 22, 2017 7:30 am UTC

Quick note: if bessie is scum then SDK must be as well. Not true vice versa. Conclusion: instead of bessie we should lynch SDK if that is the consensus.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Shakespeare Mafia III - Act II is going to need some adjustments

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon May 22, 2017 7:37 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Quick note: if bessie is scum then SDK must be as well. Not true vice versa. Conclusion: instead of bessie we should lynch SDK if that is the consensus.


If SDK is scum, we still wouldn't know bessie's alignment. And judging from SDK's last comment, even if SDK is town, it may still be that bessie is scum.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests