2R1B1B Round 1 Room A

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: 2R1B1B Round 1 Room A

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 am UTC

EBWOP:

Whisper Madge
Spoiler:
I realize I didn't answer your original question:
What are you and Heuri talking about?
I was pumping him for his thoughts on the setup and his thoughts on you. He's let quite a bit slip accidentally, and I think I can guess his role, which is a big part of why I think I can safely share with him. Tomorrow morning US time I'll share with you regardless of if he's accepted or not, if you accept before deadline and I'm still on I'll spill all the info I have gleaned.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:59 am UTC

Whisper Boomfrog

Spoiler:
If you follow through on all that, I'll be satisfied then. Thanks.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 pm UTC

Screw it, I guess heuristically doesn't want to be partners after all.

Offer card share with Madge
Role: (open only if you accepted and already posted your role)

Spoiler:
Bomber
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:44 am UTC

Madge wrote:Whisper Boomfrog

Spoiler:
If you follow through on all that, I'll be satisfied then. Thanks.

Whisper Madge
Spoiler:
I'm going to be pretty soon and deadline is tonight. So, if you want a chance to talk before you leave the room, your going to have to accept soon. If you have a concern let me know.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:45 am UTC

EBWOP:

I'm going to bed* pretty soon and deadline is tonight.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:54 am UTC

I'm accepting but conditional on that is me offering undying loyalty to you, and expecting you to not be trying to backstab me in return for said loyalty (basically:terrified that you're g oing to backstab me and take advantage of my trust)

Accept card share with boomfrog

My role (may only be opened by BoomFrog)
Spoiler:
ConMan wrote:You are the President. You are on the Blue Team, and you win if you are alive at the end of the game. You die (and your team loses) if the Bomber is in the same room as you at the end of the game.

You begin the game in Room A. Round one begins soon. Good luck!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:54 am UTC

Well. That didn't go as planned.

Vote Heuristically_Alone as leader

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:58 am UTC

Whisper Heuristically_Alone
Spoiler:
So, I'm willing to card share with you. I am either president or bomber, and BoomFrog my opposite. I'll need your help to ensure I get my win condition met.

Otherwise I'll take my chances with whichever new friend I get here, or over there, as the case may be.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:22 am UTC

Madge wrote:I'm accepting but conditional on that is me offering undying loyalty to you, and expecting you to not be trying to backstab me in return for said loyalty (basically:terrified that you're going to backstab me and take advantage of my trust)
Boom! Frontstabbed in the face! I really would have been 100% loyal to you if I was grey.

@heuristically_alone: I'm the bomber and Madge is the president. Our little mini-game has been resolved, she's trapped in here with me unless someone helps her. Neither of us have any leverage to offer to any of the greys and vice versa so there's no reason for you to mess with the leadership.

Whisper heuristically_alone
Spoiler:
I picked up from your game discussion that you are probably the target but possibly the decoy. You have a few misunderstandings that I'd like to help you clear up to help you win your side of the game. The sniper can target anyone in any room. No grey's care about room assignments except that it affects communication. News of my and Madge's roles will be public to everyone by the end of the game so you can't pretend to be president or bomber. Pretending to be the sniper obviously doesn't work, and pretending to be the gambler probably won't work, as the real gambler has likely already shared with the sniper in room B. So you are basically at 50/50 now just hoping the sniper targets the decoy instead of you. If you are the decoy you really can't do anything differently or it will be suspicious. So basically the rest of the game is that you should not share with anybody, and basically have no reason to talk to anyone even. Kinda sucks, but there it is. Good luck. :)

Publicly reveal role: Bomber

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:17 am UTC

whisper to Boomfrog

Spoiler:
I am the target. By putting it in bold I fear that after your guy's reveals, byme revealing my role to the winner will make me look like the target instead of the decoy. Obviously the sniper is going to be looking for someone not willing to card share much, but card sharing with you now I think will be a negative effect.
If the leader chooses no one to leave the room, everybody stays right? It would look bad if i refused to leave the room. I would love to help you make sure yiu and madge are in the same room. I am thinking maybe i publicly request that you send me out of the room and you can be a jerk and not let me leave. What do you think?

I am sorry madge. That just sucks to already be found out, but I'd rather be allowed to leave the room then let you leave.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:47 am UTC

It's alright. I'll take my chances with the new friend, whoever that may be.

BF: I too, would have been 100% loyal to you if one of us were grey. But instead, YOU had to decide to blow me up!!! HOW DARE YOU. I shall have to do my utmost to save the great people of my nation.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:50 am UTC

Publically reveal role: president

Since in whispers I *did* tell BF that one of the things we could do was pose as bomber/president and both compete for Heuri's alleigance and then backstab Heuri. But that ain't gonna happen now, but you don't know that for sure.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:07 pm UTC

A few more hours to deadline. Plenty of time to kill. :twisted:

The weird thing about this game is you can't false claim a specific role because the person you are taking to will say, "then why don't you reveal, if your really the gambler?". You always have to claim to be in a group of at least two roles.

@Madge: Don't feel bad about revealing to me. If neither of you had revealed to me then based on behavior I would have guessed you are president and kept you here.

Whisper heuristically_alone
Spoiler:
Don't reveal your card to anyone all game. There is no benefit to you to get allies anymore and there is great risk. By the way,
the way I knew you weren't the decoy is that you said bomber is the hardest role to win as but if you were decoy then I knew you have realized that decoy is the hardest to win as. Little slips can ruin you and it's very hard to fake a slip.

I have to send someone out at the end of each game day, so I'll be sending you out to room B. Feel free to tell people what happened here, I don't think there's any benefit for anyone to either sharing or keeping it secret. I don't need any help, all I need is for no one to help Madge, and no one has any reason to help her.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 pm UTC

Five minutes left. Please name your hostage in a spoiler.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:07 pm UTC

If I don't hear otherwise before I am ready to set up the threads for the next round, I will assume that heuristically_alone is meant to be the hostage.

This thread is now closed, although BoomFrog can clarify the chosen hostage.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:31 pm UTC

Grace period is now over. heuristically_alone has been sent to Room B. bessie has been sent to Room A. New threads will open soon, and the round will start in about half an hour.
pollywog wrote:

Return to “Mafia”