2R1B1B Round 1 Room B

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

2R1B1B Round 1 Room B

Postby ConMan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:22 pm UTC

This is a game thread for Two Rooms, One Boom And A Bang. Game info is here.

Please post in this thread only if you are listed as being in this room, and only for the duration of Round 1, running from 12:00 AM Monday, July 3 to 11:00 PM Saturday, July 8, UTC.

If you are in this room, do not read the thread for the other room.

Players in this room:
mpolo
Gopher of Pern
bessie

Players in the other room:
Madge
heuristically_alone
BoomFrog

Role PMs will be sent out shortly. There is no need to confirm, but please wait until the round begins to post.

Do not open spoilers in this thread that are not addressed to you. Please take care when quoting posts that contain such spoilers.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: 2R1B1B Round 1 Room B

Postby ConMan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 am UTC

Two Rooms. Six People. Three rounds. Who will survive? Who will win?

Who knows?

Round 1 Begins now, and ends in 142 hours.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 am UTC

Hello, fellow members of Room B. This room is best room. B for best!

So, looking abstractly at the setup. 4 unaligned players, 1 blue president, and 1 red bomber.

The president does not want the bomber in the same room as them, and does not want to be targeted by the sniper.

The bomber wants to be in the same room as the president.
If the sniper targets the bomber, does the bomb still go off?

The Sniper wants to determine who the Target is.

The Target wants to not be found out by the Sniper.

The Decoy wants to pretend to be the Target.

The Gambler wants to predict which team will win.

It seems to me that no one wants to share information, except for the Gambler. The gambler can win with everyone, while everyone else has someone working against them.

I've played this game IRL, but it only had the two teams, with no neutral roles, so I'm trying to get my head around everything.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 am UTC

Hi, I'm here, I'm also trying to get my head wrapped around the rules.

Gopher of Pern wrote:The president does not want the bomber in the same room as them, and does not want to be targeted by the sniper.

Are you sure the sniper can kill the president? If the sniper kills the president, but the bomber is not in the same room, does the red or the blue team win?

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 am UTC

bessie wrote:Hi, I'm here, I'm also trying to get my head wrapped around the rules.

Gopher of Pern wrote:The president does not want the bomber in the same room as them, and does not want to be targeted by the sniper.

Are you sure the sniper can kill the president? If the sniper kills the president, but the bomber is not in the same room, does the red or the blue team win?

I have just found the official ruling on this, and will make a post in the common thread.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:27 am UTC

Mod announcement:
I have made some rulings in a reserved post in the central thread.
pollywog wrote:

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:13 am UTC

So, we rename the Sniper to the 'Target Catcher'. Not as good a ring to it.

So...I'm going to go ahead and claim Gambler. As an entirely neutral party, I can help anyone with their win condition. I will help the first person to offer to share their role with me. All I need is enough information to know where the president and the bomber are at the end of the game, I do not particularly care which is which. So if either of you are one of them, share your role with me, and I will do my best to make sure your win condition is fulfilled.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:37 am UTC

ConMan wrote:You are the Gambler, and your card is Grey. At the end of the game, before any other results are revealed, you will be asked to guess whether the Blue Team, Red Team, or neither has won. If you are correct, then you win.

Will there always be a blue team or a red team win (since there is no engineer or doctor), or is there a way for neither to win?

Or am I missing something (which is entirely possible)?

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:27 am UTC

There has to be a red or blue team win in this setup, yes. I already checked with the mod, but feel free to ask yourself.

I'm pretty sure that's just there to cover all possible setups.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:21 pm UTC

So, we essentially have some people who want to find out who each other are (without being found out themselves, so maybe they don't really want even that), but don't really care who is in which room. And two people who really want to find out who they are to get into the correct rooms.

So we need to nominate a room leader sooner or later. If Gopher is truly the Gambler, he would like to be room leader to nudge the game the direction he wants it to go.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:14 am UTC

Pretty much.

Obviously, I can't nominate myself for leader, but one of you have to. Whoever nominates me, I will help.

Public Reveal: I am the Gambler

So, whoever wants my help, nominate me and reveal to me what you are.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 am UTC

I'm still trying to figure out this game. So all the leader does is select someone to send to the other room. Gopher, if you are the leader you won't be able to visit the other room. As the gambler, wouldn't you want to go where you would be able to get more information?

Whisper Gopher of Pern
Spoiler:
I have no objections to helping you achieve your win, but I'm not sure how you can help me.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:22 am UTC

Whisper Gopher of Pern

Spoiler:
I am the Sniper. Any help in getting some information in a setup where no one's going to share much is appreciated

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:29 am UTC

There won't be much difference between me moving, and another moving. There's only three of us, so it would be 2 new people as opposed to one. Having control of the room let's me place the bomber and the president where I like.

Whisper: bessie
Spoiler:
If you are blue or red, giving me control will help both of us. I want to know who is where at the end, so having control will help. I'll make it in your favour if you help me.

Whisper: mpolo
Spoiler:
Pretty sure you have to make it a private reveal. So then bessie will know you've revealed to me. So far I can't tell you much, but I will keep an eye out for you.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 am UTC

Private Reveal: Gopher of Pern

Spoiler:
I knew I was going to get that wrong. I am the Sniper.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 am UTC

Nominate: Gopher of Pern

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 am UTC

Sorry, wrong terminology (could we copy the rules into the first post here, so we don't have to go back and forth to two threads?)

Appoint Gopher of Pern as Leader

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:40 pm UTC

Whisper Gopher of Pern
Spoiler:
mpolo joined you rather quickly so I'm hoping that we may all be in a position to help each other. My guess is that he is red or blue. If he is I think we can all win.

Whisper mpolo
Spoiler:
You joined Gopher of Pern rather quickly, so you must need him to help you. My guess is that you are red or blue.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:46 pm UTC

Whisper bessie

Spoiler:
I figured nobody else was going to actively seek the role. If you want it, let me know -- I can flip a coin or something… Or do you want to share roles despite all that has been said?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:09 am UTC

So, I presume we should talk about who is going to get sent to the other room. I don't have any major opinions about this -- whatever happens, we all get one new person to interact with…

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:22 pm UTC

Well you or I are being sent to the other room, I don't have any major opinions on this either.

Whisper mpolo
Spoiler:
I don't particularly care about being the leader.

We are not necessarily on opposing teams. Maybe all three of us can win.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Sorry, wrong terminology (could we copy the rules into the first post here, so we don't have to go back and forth to two threads?)

Appoint Gopher of Pern as Leader

I'll look at providing rules in future threads.

Gopher of Pern is now room leader.
pollywog wrote:

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:50 am UTC

Well, you could oust me, and put me in the other room, but I don't think that would really help anyone here.

I'm slightly inclined to send bessie, but if one of you have a good reason to send one or the other I'll listen.

Spoiler:
I'm inclined to send you over, because mpolo told me he is the sniper, and presumably you are either the target or the decoy. I do not need to know what you are, so I can't give any information to mpolo, I need to look for the blue or red person. If I send you over, mpolo can back me up with whoever gets sent over (hopefully red or blue), so I can help them. I'm not sure of mpolo's suspicions, but you are probably already on his radar, as you have not disclosed yourself to me.

Whisper: mpolo
Spoiler:
bessie has not indicated to me what alignment she is yet, so I unfortunately cannot help you yet. I'd like to send bessie over so that you can back me up with the person sent across, so I can determine their alignment, which will narrow down the suspect pool for you.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 am UTC

Whisper Gopher of Pern

Spoiler:
Hmm. You’re probably right; mpolo probably suspects I’m grey. Maybe I am, maybe not.

I have no objections to helping you fulfill your win condition, as long as your interests do not conflict with mine.

If the red and the blue are in the other room, and either one is the leader, they will want to keep the other one in the room. If the red is leader, they will keep the blue until the end. If the blue is leader, they will send the red in the final exchange, so that the red can't be sent back. So if you send me, I may be sent back in the next round, and I may be able to tell you the color of the room leader. If I can deliver this information, perhaps you can help me fulfill my win condition.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:35 am UTC

Spoiler:
If both of red and blue are in the other room, it does not matter who they send over, as long as I can confirm their alignment. If it's grey,
then the other two left behind are red and blue, I do not actually need to know which is which, just whether they are in the same room or not. In fact it's the best outcome for me. That is assuming you are grey. If you are not grey, please tell me, and I promise I will use my leader role to help you be in the right room at the end. If you are grey, then I've already helped you by telling you who they sniper is.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:57 am UTC

Whisper Gopher of Pern

Spoiler:
OK, I think I'm not clear as to when you make your guess. Do you make it after the final hostage exchange, and after the final room assignments are revealed?

It probably doesn't matter if you know I'm grey. If you decide to share this with mpolo, he still doesn't know if I am his target.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:21 am UTC

Mod:
Spoiler:
Send Bessie

I've put bessie in as the hostage for the moment, unless anyone has an objection?

Spoiler:
Yeah, I guess after the final swap, but before anything is revealed.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:45 pm UTC

whisper Gopher of Pern

Spoiler:
if you guess before knowing the final room assignments then you need to know who is selecting the hostage on D3. Knowing everyone's color won't be enough.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:55 pm UTC

Five minutes left before round ends. Unless something drastic happens, I will accept the named hostage to exchange.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:06 pm UTC

This thread is now closed. bessie will be sent as hostage. I am allowing a small grace for the other room to name a hostage, after which I will set up the second round threads.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:31 pm UTC

Grace period is now over. heuristically_alone has been sent to Room B. bessie has been sent to Room A. New threads will open soon, and the round will start in about half an hour.
pollywog wrote:

Return to “Mafia”