X-Men Mafia: Resolution

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: because of Gopher of Pern's lack of interaction with anyone you are currently a possible scum-mate of LaserGuy. Why should you not be lynched D3 if somitomi is actually Survivor?

I'm not really sure how to answer that. I can't make up for Gopher's lurking. I feel that huery has been been a whole heap of scummy, including the vote voodoo that is a pet peeve of mine.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:29 pm UTC

I am quite surprised no one has guessed yet why I wanted Laserguy alive (before I realized he flipped scum). Anyone that figures it out instantly gets town points!
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:29 pm UTC

Pickinh up where I left off: the other mafioso either abstained or bussed their mate. The former case means GoP (now moody7277) is likely the other scum, as we all agree on Peaceful Whale (now adnap) being town.
The bus case means mafia is in {bessie, mpolo and Sabrar}. I don't think scum!Sabrar would have switched to LaserGuy instead of lynching town!mpolo, which makes him fairly townie. Mpolo voted on LaserGuy fairly early, when both LG and heury were at L1. I think he could've waited before placing a vote (or even abstain), which makes the bus scenario less likely. Bessie voted mpolo before unvoting to break the tie and then voted LaserGuy at the last minute. She could have voted mpolo to save LaserGuy, but doing so would have made her suspicious (BoomFrog and Sabrar switched to LaserGuy). It seems plausible, that scum!bessie decided on the other option to avert suspicion.

Ninja'd by heury
—◯-◯

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I am quite surprised no one has guessed yet why I wanted Laserguy alive (before I realized he flipped scum). Anyone that figures it out instantly gets town points!

I remember you saying, that even you thought your remarks about Sabrar look scummy, but I'm guessing you have something else in your mind.
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:19 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I am quite surprised no one has guessed yet why I wanted Laserguy alive (before I realized he flipped scum).
You were obviously lonely and wanted someone to talk to, however I don't see what this has got to do with anything.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:30 pm UTC

@somitomi: why do you think scum!bessie voted at all? She could have gone for the tie with irl explaining her absence. There was no indication whatsoever that heury would unvote before deadline.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:39 pm UTC

It's obviously a danger of these random chat pairings that one of the two could be non-town. I guess heury has claimed to be one of two roles, albeit indirectly.

The comment makes me feel a little better about heury, because someone in scumchat with LaserGuy might easily forget that he was also in "neighbor/lover" chat.

On the other hand, somitomi is actively trying to convince us that he is an asset to town with a reasonable argument. Those left voting for me, though are somitomi, heuristically_alone, and LaserGuy. Of these, somitomi seems the more likely scum. The possiblity of a non-voter being scum is also there. Those are adnapemit (very likely town) and moody (née GopherofPern), but we don't have enough participation to choose from on him.
Image <-- Evil experiment

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:14 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I am quite surprised no one has guessed yet why I wanted Laserguy alive (before I realized he flipped scum). Anyone that figures it out instantly gets town points!
heuristically_alone, we all know you had chat with LaserGuy, but as mpolo pointed out, there are two types of chat in this game. Do you know why your continuing refusal to claim looks suspicious?

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: please point out to me which part of my content you mistook for 'wanting to end the day early'. My early vote on somitomi was mainly intended to get a reaction and I was successful in doing so. That doesn't mean I don't want to talk it out.
I was not trying to imply that you wanted to end the day early. I was trying to imply that you do not want to discuss heuristically_alone. Why did you take discussing heuristically_alone off the table today? And so that we have no misunderstanding, I am referring to this:
Sabrar wrote:The mechanically correct choice is to lynch somitomi today. We can talk about heury tomorrow if it comes to that.

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: do you think that this is all just distancing?
What makes you think it is out of LaserGuy’s repertoire to bus a scum buddy?

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:I’m not sure I follow you. Can you give me an example of an indicator of this in his early content?
He is first to post and immediately jumps into setup analysis while not having read the rules governing it. I think that as newbie!scum he would be much more cautious about putting himself in the spot-light.
Compare it with his opening post in MMM II (where he was SK), he posts only after discussion has already started and mentions only the flavor.
Forgot about this earlier. heuristically_alone was mafia in that game, and he had day chat.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:30 pm UTC

bessie wrote:I was not trying to imply that you wanted to end the day early. I was trying to imply that you do not want to discuss heuristically_alone.
Then I misunderstood you, a recurring occurrence.

bessie wrote:Why did you take discussing heuristically_alone off the table today?
We can talk about him all day long but we should not lynch him today and your vote on him could divide Town in this regard.

bessie wrote:What makes you think it is out of LaserGuy’s repertoire to bus a scum buddy?
Circumstances. D1 bussing is completely different from D3 bussing.

bessie wrote:Forgot about this earlier. heuristically_alone was mafia in that game, and he had day chat.
You're right, I misremembered because he subbed out later. However this makes my point even more relevant.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:31 pm UTC

Asking because I've been thinking about this way too much, and I think I'm just distracting myself.
dimochka wrote:But sleep was difficult to be had, and less than four hours later people began arriving at Cerebro. Finally when a sizable group was there, the door was opened. The view was horrid. Poor Jean Grey was lying dead, her face a horrid pale blue. Someone from the group threw up. Others had trouble reacting to this. But finally one person stepped up to check her belongings. To no one's surprise, she had two separate talking devices. But along with them, a short note was found with clear intent of how to assassinate each of the X-Men. It seems that the group chose well.

Is this just flavor, and not meant to suggest any setup information?

(As in, was Jean Grey chatting with exactly two people?)

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Asking because I've been thinking about this way too much, and I think I'm just distracting myself.
dimochka wrote:But sleep was difficult to be had, and less than four hours later people began arriving at Cerebro. Finally when a sizable group was there, the door was opened. The view was horrid. Poor Jean Grey was lying dead, her face a horrid pale blue. Someone from the group threw up. Others had trouble reacting to this. But finally one person stepped up to check her belongings. To no one's surprise, she had two separate talking devices. But along with them, a short note was found with clear intent of how to assassinate each of the X-Men. It seems that the group chose well.

Is this just flavor, and not meant to suggest any setup information?

(As in, was Jean Grey chatting with exactly two people?)

Just flavor (to align with role description). Jean Grey would have two devices regardless of whether (a) Cyclops and Wolverine are in game, or (b) she had other ways to communicate.

Basically assume that those devices were on her well before the "game" started, and if either one of her communication partners isn't in game (wasn't dragged onto this planet along with the rest) the device just wouldn't work until the situation is resolved.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@somitomi: why do you think scum!bessie voted at all? She could have gone for the tie with irl explaining her absence. There was no indication whatsoever that heury would unvote before deadline.

True, although the IRL explanation didn't work out for me before :oops:
Anyway, if we rule out heury as scum based on this vote, then (Gopher of Pern)moody7277 is the most likely to be mafia based on the above.
—◯-◯

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:30 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:Pickinh up where I left off: the other mafioso either abstained or bussed their mate. The former case means GoP (now moody7277) is likely the other scum, as we all agree on Peaceful Whale (now adnap) being town.

I am a little peeved that you are using absence of evidence to try to make your case against GoP/me. Gopher didn't write jack, so you have no idea what was going on with him.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 am UTC

Well, is anyone else going to vote, or is it up to me and Sabrar?

mpolo, how about some updated reads?

moody, I’m curious as to what you found interesting in my D1 analysis.

heuristically_alone, you tried to force a no lynch D1, you’ve misrepresented your D1 actions here, you probably lied here, your list here is active lurking as two of those players had already claimed (or you aren't paying attention because you already know who is scum), here is another misrepresentation/lie, you’ve done zero scumhunting D2, and you’ve been asked to claim and refused. I want to unvote just so I can vote for you again.

somitomi, I know you’re new and I appreciate that you’re trying, but your analysis reads like a summary of opinions borrowed from other peoples’ reads. You had to be pushed to scum hunt, and even now you won’t commit to a firm read on anyone. I get the feeling that you are signaling your willingness to side with scum at endgame if it benefits you (note that there’s nothing wrong with that from a gameplay point of view) but it means that you are a liability to town.

Sabrar, I'm open to switching my vote to somitomi for the above reason.

I will probably not be available tomorrow morning so if anyone wants me to respond to anything please post before 8:00 am PDT.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:23 am UTC

@heury: please claim your role now. Trust me that it will help you to win if you're Town.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 am UTC

@bessie: should heury claim please do likewise afterwards.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:06 am UTC

I am Wolverine. I Sniffed Sabrar and he visited no one nor did anyone visit him.

fos: somitomi

I agree that this is the best lynch today. Then probably moody the next. I wont be able to post much the rest of this week. Just finished a 15 hour car drive and attending a funeral then driving back 15 hours. Let me know if you have any specific questions for me because honestly I won't have time to do any detailed reads.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:08 am UTC

vote count please?

I want to be sure of the current posts before I vote.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:12 am UTC

I don't think there's been a change since I posted it last, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Current Votals:
Somitomi - 1 (Sabrar)
Heuristically_Alone - 1 (Bessie)

[Deadline Clock]

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:16 am UTC

Thank you.

VOTE: Somitomi

That's L-2
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:19 am UTC

Sabrar, I visited you. You may be able to confirm it.

@ heuristically_alone
Spoiler:
I’m very sorry about your friend, Heury. Please don’t take anything we say in this game personally. We all care about you.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:23 am UTC

@bessie

Spoiler:
I don't get offended easily. It's just a game. Be as ruthless as you want. :D

I'm double checking with mod to see if i misunderstood and got no result instead.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:27 am UTC

With profesor X's mind control, will the player be notified that they were redirected?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:29 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:With profesor X's mind control, will the player be notified that they were redirected?

No.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:41 am UTC

If wolverine's sniff was redirected, how would his night action read? Would he get the result of the person he was redirected to but be told it was still the persin he targeted?

How would wolverive's sniff result read if he target iceman?

How would wolverive's sniff result read if he targeted nightcrawler?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:58 am UTC

Thank you both, I'm liking these claims so far. Will post detailed analysis from work.

I'm Iceman and chose to protect myself N1.

@moody: please claim!

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:25 am UTC

Cool. So in that case I can no longer say that sabrar is 100% town, but i am still 99% sure he is.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 am UTC

@heury: Protecting myself is a once per game action so I couldn't have carried out the NK. However I could theoretically be Nightcrawler so you wouldn't see me.

@adnapemit: who did you target N1?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:37 am UTC

EBWOP:

Depending on adnapemit's reply I actually may be mechanically clear at this point. Yay for logic. :D

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:41 am UTC

@all: anyone in chat with Professor X should claim so immediately!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 am UTC

@bessie: the only role that makes sense from your claim is Rogue. Please confirm.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:49 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:If wolverine's sniff was redirected, how would his night action read? Would he get the result of the person he was redirected to but be told it was still the persin he targeted?

I won't post specific PM wording. Assume Wolverine and other roles that can get night results would not be aware if something or someone tampered with them.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 am UTC

@mpolo: I assume you gave Cop or Doc to adnapemit. Please confirm.

@all: I should have full analysis up in at most 5 hours (possibly sooner). Please be available before deadline to review and change night-action if necessary.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: the only role that makes sense from your claim is Rogue. Please confirm.

Yeah, I leeched you. Or so I thought. You have a commuter power, so you were untargetable last night.

dimochka wrote:Name: Ice Man
Role: You are a mutant with the ability to control cold and ice, and one of the strongest mutants on Earth.
Skills:
- Ice Shield: You can target someone to create a thin and barely visible yet extremely strong layer of ice around them. It will protect them from any one kill during that night.
- Temporary Cryogenesis: Once per game, you may use your Ice power on yourself, preventing all powers from targeting you that night.

heuristically_alone wrote:I am Wolverine. I Sniffed Sabrar and he visited no one nor did anyone visit him.

So Heury, how did you get a result?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:00 am UTC

bessie wrote:So Heury, how did you get a result?
The same way you thought I might be able to confirm you targeting me. Neither of you were aware that your action failed.

Does Bodyguard protect against the lynch as well or just the NK?

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:01 am UTC

dimochka wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:If wolverine's sniff was redirected, how would his night action read? Would he get the result of the person he was redirected to but be told it was still the persin he targeted?

I won't post specific PM wording. Assume Wolverine and other roles that can get night results would not be aware if something or someone tampered with them.

Wait, what? Are you saying theoretically Heury could be telling the truth about his result, even if theoretically Sabrar was untargetable last night?

Ninja'd by Sabrar. I didn't get a result, and didn't expect one. Heury claimed a result.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:03 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Does Bodyguard protect against the lynch as well or just the NK?
I see what you did there. :roll:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:04 am UTC

Yeah, phone-posting means I don't check the pm-wordings and rely on memory. Confused leech with siphon. Was wondering why you didn't find it suspicious not having received a power.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:07 am UTC

To (hopefully) clear this up:

Would Wolverine receive the same results in the following cases:
- Sniffing Iceman who is commuting,
- Sniffing a player who did not target anyone and was not targeted by anyone else?

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 am UTC

dimochka wrote:

Wait, what? Are you saying theoretically Heury could be telling the truth about his result, even if theoretically Sabrar was untargetable last night?

Sorry for the repost, I meant this to be a question for dimochka.

Ninja'd by Sabrar.

Return to “Mafia”