X-Men Mafia: Resolution

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:14 pm UTC

Based on previous experience (Diablo) if 1-shot power gets blocked then dimochka considers it not used so it can be performed later again.

@moody: please shoot adnapemit (you'll be blocked anyway).

I will change my protection target to moody, still guaranteed win. Thanks bessie.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:17 pm UTC

@bessie: I'm going as fast as I can, please let me know what you decided.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm UTC

moody’s not shooting anyone. I’m going to siphon his kill.

Sabrar wrote:2 doctors are better then 1 because it might guarantee no NK. You should use Siphon, it might be your last chance (game won't go too long).

Why don’t you want me to have a kill, Sabrar?

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Sabrar, who do you think is scum? Your game read, you don’t need night results to have a gut feeling. Who is scummy?
Gut feeling says you. Because I don't like your push on heury and I believe somitomi's Survivor claim. BTW if you're Town and you're convinced that heury is scum then you should go along with the plan because it guarantees no NK.


bessie wrote:Sabrar, why are you trying so hard to keep Heury alive?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 pm UTC

bessie wrote:moody’s not shooting anyone. I’m going to siphon his kill.
Yeah, then I'm going to have to lynch you.

bessie wrote:Why don’t you want me to have a kill, Sabrar?
Because I don't trust you, I've made that very clear.

bessie wrote:Sabrar, why are you trying so hard to keep Heury alive?
Because I think he's town.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:29 pm UTC

Updated plan is fool-proof. Besides I don't think you're GF because then you would have gone along with the plan hoping that I continue to miss the possibility.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 pm UTC

I will leave work in 30 minutes. Can phone-post while commuting for another 30. Will be unavailable after that for at least 2-3 hours.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:34 pm UTC

Repeating an important point: if somitomi is Jester/Survivor then mpolo is confirmed Town regardless of any night-results (created Item N1 so cannot have killed BoomFrog).

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby mpolo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 pm UTC

I got in and sent in a night action. It's going to be at least two hours before I can really be active, though.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 pm UTC

@mpolo: just saw you online, please give item to heury (doc or roleblock, others won't help that much)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 pm UTC

yay for no ninja-notification

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:37 pm UTC

Then lynch me. If you don’t I’m going to have a kill tomorrow. What are you afraid of?

Ninja'd. Yes, your logic is impeccable. You forgot we have a godfather and suggested adnapemit cop me. Scum!me knows we don't have a godfather, why would scum!non-GF-Me want to go along with your plan?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:39 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Scum!me knows we don't have a godfather, why would scum!non-GF-Me want to go along with your plan?
Exactly.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:41 pm UTC

I'm having serious flashbacks to WoT1 right now. Do you think I'm LaserGuy's buddy?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm UTC

If you kill me tonight you cannot both steal the kill and prevent heury from seeing you targeting me. But I'm sure you know that.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:45 pm UTC

Actually at this point you need to kill heury to prevent him from seeing who you target. Or adnapemit because she is supposed to Cop you.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:46 pm UTC

So I assume you'll kill adnapemit and claim that heury did it because you didn't block him.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:47 pm UTC

That means that I don't have to protect moody because you're claiming to steal his kill so with your ability being the highest priority if moody dies then you're scum. Am I correct?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:48 pm UTC

So I can protect adnapemit so she's guaranteed to have a Cop result on you.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

Deal. You can Siphon moody.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

I have like 5 minutes. I might be back in 3-4 hours, but might not, and dimochka might call deadline. Pre-post edit, no it looks like I will have another meeting.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Sabrar, why are you trying so hard to keep Heury alive?

Why do you think? Do you imagine I have an ulterior motive doing so?


I think you want him alive with you at endgame.

Ninja'd alot.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:50 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Deal. You can Siphon moody.

This is the important one. Do you claim to stick to this?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'm having serious flashbacks to WoT1 right now. Do you think I'm LaserGuy's buddy?

Either that, or you're wrong about Heury.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 pm UTC

@bessie: how can I be LaserGuy's buddy and kill BoomFrog when heury didn't see me doing it and I can't be Nightcrawler? Mechanically impossible.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Deal. You can Siphon moody.

This is the important one. Do you claim to stick to this?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 pm UTC

What I would give if we both had another hour...

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:57 pm UTC

Whatever you decide claim it in the thread and stick to it. I will choose my protection target accordingly.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:57 pm UTC

Yes I already submitted it. If I change I will post it here. But I probably won't be available.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:58 pm UTC

Unvote

Lynch me if you have to, just don't tie.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:59 pm UTC

I meant tomorrow obviously.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:07 pm UTC

I am liking the bessie lynch. There seems to be fear there of sabrar's plan. I still think the somitomi lynch today though is best helping us gain the most guaranteed win.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:16 pm UTC

Yes, lynching somitomi is still correct.

Note: if he flips Jester/Survivor then I'm also mechanically confirmed as town. The only way I could be LaserGuy's scumbuddy and have killed BoomFrog is if:
1. BoomFrog targeted bessie, causing her block on me to fail.
2. I am secretly Professor X who redirected heury to Gopher of Pern (the only player for whom Wolverine would not have seen anyone).
3. I either didn't choose a chat-buddy (never happens) or my buddy was BoomFrog.

I'll leave it to the reader to determine how likely this scenario is.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm UTC

1. Unlikely as bessie was being townread so why block bessie?
2. What motivation would sabar have for redirecting me to gopher?
3. Confused by this. How might boomfrog have been your buddy?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:27 pm UTC

@adnapemit: please switch to heury if you can.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:15 pm UTC

Bit of a flurry there (so many puppies). Right now I think I read the plan for me to be mootly aiming at adnapemit; mootly since I'm either getting blocked or siphoned. Will be on for a while more if anyone wants to update the plan.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:17 pm UTC

Too late to even try to update the plan. Just watch and wait.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby mpolo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:48 pm UTC

Should I be voting at this point?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby somitomi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Should I be voting at this point?

I think there's not much point in doing that if you'd vote me, that's going to happen anyway. And I assume that's what you'd do.

Unofficial votals for the benefit of all mankind:
Somitomi - 2 (heury, moody)
Image
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:01 pm UTC

- I realized meanwhile that my main reason for trusting somitomi just evaporated with his claim. So I'm much more liking his lynch.
- moody's claim of Cyclops is very convenient as scum, definitely needs to be blocked
- I'm going to get such a huge dressing-down from bessie if heury turns out to be scum

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:14 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@adnapemit: please switch to heury if you can.

Just to bring this to attention, should it matter.

adnapemit wrote:

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 2

Postby adnapemit » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm UTC

Still want me to switch?
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests