Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:34 pm UTC

Sabrar was Town Vanilla Yogurt
Spoiler:
You are vanilla yogurt. No night actions for you.

Your alignments is Town. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated or that outcome in inevitable.

Peaceful Whale was Hot Sauce - Mafia Roleblocker
Spoiler:
You are Hot Sauce and you are part of the spoiled mafia. Each day you can choose a player by sending me a PM and that night their power will not work. You cannot choose the same target two days in a row.

Also, you are mafia mates with XXXX. You have night chat and a nightkill power. I will send a separate PM detailing your group powers. You win when town is eliminated or that outcome in inevitable.

Bessie was Soup - Town Super Backup
Spoiler:
You are a bowl of leftover soup. You don't have any powers right now but you will gain the powers of any player who dies. I will send you a new PM telling you when you've gained a power.

Your alignments is Town. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated or that outcome in inevitable.

Mafia group role PM (there's some surprises in here, mafia was actually even more powerful then you thought.)
Spoiler:
Welcome to the spoiled Mafia. You can PM your partner at any time to discuss the game. Always include me on all game related PMs (reply all is best). You have a standard Mafia Night Kill power. Each day in this chat in bold declare who will be killed and who will carry out the kill. You can use your normal powers and the Night Kill at the same time. There are three usual pieces of information though:

1) If you die you can continue to use mafia chat (as long as you don't read spoilers since you are still participating in the game).
2) There is a third mafia member out there. They win with you but do not know who you are. They have a way to join you if they can guess who you are and they will join you if you use the night kill on them.
3) Here are a list of roles that are safe to false claim. If you plan to claim one of these powers or just don't know what they mean you can PM me and I will give you a more detailed fake-role PM.

Safe-claims:
Grapes - Masons (Only makes sense if two of you claim mason)
Apple - Doctor
Carrot - Tracker
Potato - Watcher
Pudding - Vanilla (no power)
Leftover Chinese Takeout - Miller
He-Man Action Figure - 1-shot safe Vigilante (safe means will only kill if it targeted scum)

I apologize for some of the sloppy wording on some role PMs. Including the outright contradiction between macho and bullet-proof. I assure you that was the planned interaction originally, I just didn't word it well. The only hidden interaction that didn't come up is that roleblock plus nightkill would have killed the bulletproof townie.

I do think the game was scum favored but not as bad as Sabrar seems to believe. I think the recruit is a fairly big handicap compared to three full mafia. It would take two mislynches to lose, and there were a fair number of ways for townies to be mostly confirmed. The matchmaker was weaker then intended because I didn't consider that in a 4/3 situation the lovers become a huge risk to lynch since if there was a town+scum lynch then town would need a successful protect in order to survive. A successful protect was fairly likely but town didn't know that, which was what made it weaker then intended. I welcome feedback now that everything is out in the open.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:37 pm UTC

Good game all! :D

@Peaceful Whale, I think you did very well, especially for your first game as scum. Don't feel too bad about it. I have lots of thoughts on you over in Gojoe that you might want to look at if you have a bit of time.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote::cry:

I tried.

You did VERY well for your first time as mafia, especially with another fairly new player as your scummate. You're obviously a fast learner, but it will help if you get a few games as town to help you understand the townie perspective more. It's too bad I didn't consider letting Plytho join mafia chat before he read spoilers.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D4 - The Final Purge

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

Yay, bessie wasn't scum! What a surprise. :D

Spoilers ahoy!

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Leftover Chinese Takeout - Miller

Interesting. I had thought of using Worcestershire Sauce as a fake claim with miller had I been scum, the justification being the anchovies in it.

I wasn't too far off when I guessed "chiles" for what got me N2. I am surprised that I was targeted twice; flicky not so much since heury and I were his two scummiest reads he was likely looking for a two-fer.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:46 pm UTC

Yes, thanks for playing everyone - and Boomfrog, I loved the theme here. A Soup character who absorbs the leftovers of all the disappeared foods? That was inspired.

Edit (just because I can, now that the game's over): My first investigation target for Night 1 was Flicky, but I changed my mind a few hours later and asked for a freshness check on Sabrar instead.
Last edited by Znirk on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

@BoomFrog, how do you figure it would take two mislynches to lose with the recruit?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

Congratulations to town. Peaceful Whale, you did a great job! Sorry I failed to join you guys.
he him his

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:55 pm UTC

I definitely need to improve my scumdar. My reads were terrible this game.
any pronouns
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
  • No redirects and the roleblock tells players they were roleblocked. I want night results to not be confusing.
  • No ninjas, godfathers or strongmen. As above I want people to know their powers worked. I really feel these roles belong mostly in open or semi-open setups only.
This works only if it's announced publicly, otherwise how should we know?

LaserGuy wrote:Sabrar's reads in this game have been spectacularly bad.
LaserGuy wrote:Hunt scum Sabrar.
I know I'm not quoting the whole of that second post but this is just funny.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

Well, I guess I didnt do as bad as I thought I would.

Please let me be town next game!
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:@BoomFrog, how do you figure it would take two mislynches to lose with the recruit?

First misslynch leads to 4/3, second misslynch leads to scum winning.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:21 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Well, I guess I didnt do as bad as I thought I would.

Since it was unclear if you understood or not. Alignments are 100% random in every game.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
  • No redirects and the roleblock tells players they were roleblocked. I want night results to not be confusing.
  • No ninjas, godfathers or strongmen. As above I want people to know their powers worked. I really feel these roles belong mostly in open or semi-open setups only.
This works only if it's announced publicly, otherwise how should we know?
Well, I didn't want to remove all ambiguity. But I did want a newbie who assumed that their result was reliable to be accidentally correct.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:33 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Well, I guess I didnt do as bad as I thought I would.

Since it was unclear if you understood or not. Alignments are 100% random in every game.

Except for bessie :D

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:25 am UTC

Good game everyone! My husband has a gig (so yea! spoiler reading at the show, I'll have something to do while I'm pretending to watch his band!). Feedback will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

LaserGuy wrote:Except for bessie :D

You're asking for it. :P

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:48 pm UTC

Question for plytho – I’m curious, why were so sure I was mafia D1? Was it solely this, or were there other reasons?
plytho wrote:I'm getting more and more convinced bessie is mafia. Realizing as I write that she mentioned she's looking for the 1 from the 6+2+1.
I’m asking because I find it interesting that I seem to get pegged as scum so often for my D1 setup speculation.

LaserGuy wrote:Plus side I don't think there's a jester. Unless it's bessie which would be hilarious.
I thought this too. :lol:

Deva wrote:Tied vote discussion: Meta Thread Page 26.
Thank you Deva. This was exactly the discussion I was thinking of, I was just looking for it in the wrong place.

To everyone that quoted me in Gojoe when I was still alive in Fridge- I wasn’t really mad about it. I just always feel a bit uneasy about it, like I’m getting extra information when I’m quoted in a spoiler. But I think I’m guilty of doing it too, oh well.

Peaceful Whale and heuristically_alone, congratulations on a very excellent game! Heury, I was unsure of my scum read on you until D3 (and I really like playing with you, you usually post something that makes me laugh). Peaceful Whale, you are no longer in the newbie group with that performance! I’m sorry for attacking you so strongly on D4. I was trying to avoid that, but hey Sabrar was getting bored. :D

BoomFrog, A+ for flavor. I like the setup, especially what you did with the usually worthless town backup role. Not a fan of Cupid, but I’m not a fan of the lovers (or similar) mechanic anyway, where someone can die just because they are attached to someone with a scummy meta that frequently gets lynched D1 (or a townie meta that gets killed N1? :shock: ).

Safe claims- I think there may have been too many choices and it was confusing for the new player (not an issue, just an observation).

Mafia chat – Unfortunate that plytho wasn’t included after he was lynched (plytho, always check with the mod before you read spoilers, in case they need you as backup or something!). I don’t think any of us would have objected to plytho mentoring PW and heury.

Balance- I still think the balance favored scum, and that the backup was very likely to be recruited if he survived (because he could target or be targeted by mafia). But as always, balance is also dependent on the players assigned the roles. It would have been a different game if Sabrar and moody were mafia and I was the recruit.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm UTC

Dang it, now I can't pretend to be a noob and be lazy, so if I do, everyone will think I'm scum. :(
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:07 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Question for plytho – I’m curious, why were so sure I was mafia D1? Was it solely this, or were there other reasons?
plytho wrote:I'm getting more and more convinced bessie is mafia. Realizing as I write that she mentioned she's looking for the 1 from the 6+2+1.
I’m asking because I find it interesting that I seem to get pegged as scum so often for my D1 setup speculation.

It was more than just that I think. I found your active lurking accusation surprising. And it wasn't really the setup speculation that made you look scummy to me. I really thought you were trying to communicate with the recruit. So I didn't really have a strong scum read on you based on your play. I was using my scum knowledge to make that read.
bessie wrote:Mafia chat – Unfortunate that plytho wasn’t included after he was lynched (plytho, always check with the mod before you read spoilers, in case they need you as backup or something!). I don’t think any of us would have objected to plytho mentoring PW and heury.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind next time.
he him his

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:48 pm UTC

Thanks Boomfrog! Great game. I ended up being way busier with my life than expected this last couple weeks, but it all worked out. Nice job Peaceful Whale.

@bessie I will always do my best to make you laugh.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:20 am UTC

bessie wrote:To everyone that quoted me in Gojoe when I was still alive in Fridge- I wasn’t really mad about it. I just always feel a bit uneasy about it, like I’m getting extra information when I’m quoted in a spoiler. But I think I’m guilty of doing it too, oh well.

Sorry, after you mentioned it I just did it a bit to mess with you :twisted:

Return to “Mafia”