Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bessie

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D3 - Salt and Sugar Preserve Us

Postby bessie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:40 am UTC

Things that interest me from my reread of Peaceful Whale:

- I feel he is one of the players most likely to interpret Znirk’s read here as mafia recruit hint. And the comment is about him, so he likely read it.
Znirk wrote:- Whale's reference to fear of "killing the apple": may just be role-playing creativity, but ... hm. Does Whale know another player's character name, and if so: how does he know, and why and what for does he drop it in the thread? Maybe a mechanic with two players looking for each other? Or some level of selective recruitability, like the nerd masons back in the last MMM? Peaceful Whale: it feels to me like there's something going on here, but not necessarily scumminess.

- This observation by flicky here could be attributed to an absent scum partner, which would probably be heury.
flicky1991 wrote:Peaceful Whale - Genuine newbie townie. I can't imagine her asking so many basic questions in-thread if she had scumchat. If she's scum, she's brilliant at it. Tempted to think the fruit references are merely part of an ability rather than anything suspicious.

- Peaceful Whale's D1 interactions with Sabrar do not feel to me like chat partners.

- This comment, see here:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Hmm, so, I bet we've got a doctor left, and our cop's dead. And then mafia probably has a roleblocker or a killer(?) (what's that called, cyclops could kill twice right?)
Interesting roleblocker reference. Where did this come from? I looked and can't find anywhere we had discussed roleblocker up to that point in this game (though if missed it and I'm sure someone will point out my mistake). Peaceful Whale asks questions about almost every game mechanic and role, but is able to pull out a mafia roleblocker (and in the same post misunderstand how a vigilante works)?

heury, please answer the question in this post.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:24 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Would the same backup who appears in this hypothetical example receive a Cop's result the same night that said Cop is killed?

If Cop is lynched D1 and same backup as above inherits the power immediately would he be able to investigate someone N1? If yes do you
a) wait for him to choose a target (contrary to nightless setup),
b) use the target selected by Cop (who might not have chosen one if clear lynch-candidate),
c) ask backup in advance to submit hypothetical actions in case he inherits something or
d) something else entirely?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:30 am UTC

In the hands of scum flicky's ability gives lynch-immunity for one of them in LYLO. I don't see it happening in a 6-3 setup. flicky is confirmed Town as far as I'm concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:39 am UTC

I don't see bessie as scum at all (assuming BoomFrog confirms backup-mechanics) and that leaves me with an easy path: lynch heury + moody today, if game does not end lynch Peaceful Whale tomorrow.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:14 am UTC

bessie wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:I am pudding. Vanilla towie. I have no night action, and the only night action that has been taken place on me is last night's that made me lovers with Moody.

Heury, how did you know this? The cop had not yet claimed. Neither had Sabrar, flicky, or Peaceful Whale (tracker, watcher, etc). How did you know that you weren’t copped?

More in a bit.

Why would I know if I were copped? I don't understand what you are asking. Maybe what I should have said is the only action I was told was taken against me was making me a lover.

Also in regards to lover thing, I was told that if Moody or I were lynched on d3, we would both die.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Would the same backup who appears in this hypothetical example receive a Cop's result the same night that said Cop is killed?

Camping... bad reception.

Depends on how I wrote the role. Either is possible.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am UTC

Anyhow I am 100% down with the moody or me lynch. That way we at least take out moody!scum and then I trust you guys to take out last scum tomorrow.

@moody what are your thoughts on this plan?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:

If Cop is lynched D1 and same backup as above inherits the power immediately would he be able to investigate someone N1? If yes do you
a) wait for him to choose a target (contrary to nightless setup),
b) use the target selected by Cop (who might not have chosen one if clear lynch-candidate),
c) ask backup in advance to submit hypothetical actions in case he inherits something or
d) something else entirely?
Either no or B depending on how I wrote the role. (If B and no submitted action I'd choose a random target.).
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:57 am UTC

Thank you. If 'No' then it's inconsistent with bessie receiving results on N1, if 'B' then I'm not a fan of the mechanic but that's a discussion for another time.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm UTC

Vote: heuristically_alone

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:31 pm UTC

@ Bessie, I pulled roleblocker out of the hat becuase it's a role I've played with before in werewolf. (Card game version of mafia) all these weird Cupid/vigilante/backup, it's too crazy for me. But roleblocker makes sense. They choose someone, and that person can't play their turn.

I think huery is trying to help. I think he's sure that moody is scum. I'm worried though. If moody or huery flips scum, and huery has a power role. Their's almost no way Sabar is a vanilla role... hmm.... Bessie said that Sabar town and she wasn't sure till D2... I feel like this is messed up somehow. Did Sabar breadcrumb really good? Bessie didn't get her cop role until D2, how would she have know what he was?
@bessie any comments?

Whoa, ninja' by Sabar... and it's important....
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:36 pm UTC

bessie wrote:moody, was you protection doctor-like or jailer-like?

As best as I can read it, the protection is doctor-like.

heuristically_alone wrote:@moody what are your thoughts on this plan?

I agree that bessie and flicky are de facto town. FMPOV, that leaves the two scum in {Sabrar, heury, PW}. I have been figuring that you're scum almost all game (maybe that's tunneling :? ), so I am mostly okay with it. I still have this nagging worry that maybe Sabrar has been coaching PW to play up his newness in order to cloak any scumtells.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:52 pm UTC

The only thing keeping me back from pushing harder on Sabar's scummness is Bessie's word... I don't like his "vanilla" role. I'm fine with voting huery, are you fine with it moody?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:06 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Bessie didn't get her cop role until D2, how would she have know what he was?

bessie claims to have received Znirk's N1 result on me. She also seems to have inherited the bulletproofness immediately after Laserguy's death so it looks like she doesn't need to wait until the next day to get the new abilities.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:28 pm UTC

Hm, that's kinda weird, but so is the moody getting a notification about being roleblocked, I guess it makes sense.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:30 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:The only thing keeping me back from pushing harder on Sabar's scummness is Bessie's word... I don't like his "vanilla" role.
What else do you find scummy about me?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale, I'm fine with the vote against me. It takes out one scum (moody) and hopefully we findn correct scum on last day.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

It's just a gut feeling Sabar. And the fact that you're apparently a vanilla role. It just feels wrong... and I'm not so sure about flicky. Do you still think he's he scummy? (Besides moody/huery becuase I think we're lynching them tonight) also, Bessie has been quite. Does backup normally get their predecessor's knowledge like she did? Or does she just feel like you're towny enough she wants to protect you from incompetent noobs like me? Becuase normally is beileve Bessie's claim...
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:33 pm UTC

Normally backups don't receive the resukts of their predecessor.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:And the fact that you're apparently a vanilla role. It just feels wrong...
What happened to this? Why is yogurt worse than pudding?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:53 pm UTC

Pudding tastes waayyyyy better than yogurt! :)
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:53 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:And the fact that you're apparently a vanilla role. It just feels wrong...
What happened to this? Why is yogurt worse than pudding?

Yogurt is spoiled milk, which looks bad in the flavor paradigm of the game. :P

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:59 pm UTC

I mean you're not a power role, I'm not so sure about huery's claim either.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:11 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Why would I know if I were copped? I don't understand what you are asking. Maybe what I should have said is the only action I was told was taken against me was making me a lover.
It seemed to me that you knew you weren’t copped.

Peaceful Whale wrote:@ Bessie, I pulled roleblocker out of the hat becuase it's a role I've played with before in werewolf. (Card game version of mafia) all these weird Cupid/vigilante/backup, it's too crazy for me. But roleblocker makes sense. They choose someone, and that person can't play their turn.
I find it interesting that on D2 you pulled out of your hat a mafia role that on D3 we believe is in the game. And you did not ask for clarification on how that role works, which is inconsistent with other questions you have asked throughout the game. Perhaps because you had already asked for clarification on the role?

Some examples (sorry for lazy formatting).
Spoiler:
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=280#p4231343
Peaceful Whale wrote:What's role fishing? And what's a lyncher? I'm guessing a lyncher is a character with a kill ability?

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=280#p4231926
Peaceful Whale wrote:However we probably have some one shots. They would be able to shoot mafia right?

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=280#p4232334
Peaceful Whale wrote:What's the use of nights? Does it give scum time to plan? What is night/daychat? Is it A separate fora or something? Is their something I'm missing?

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=280#p4232764
Peaceful Whale wrote:If you're a person who can (sniff?) roles, do you get yours at the end of the night, or right after you tell boomfrog you're sniffing them? Maybe that's why mafia killed him, they knew he was cop. Hmm...

I call it sniffing because that's what wolverine did.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4233255
Peaceful Whale wrote:Hmm, so, I bet we've got a doctor left, and our cop's dead. And then mafia probably has a roleblocker or a killer(?) (what's that called, cyclops could kill twice right?)

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4233384
Peaceful Whale wrote:I'm thinking flicky may have huery so up on the town list becuase he knows something... could he be a role detector or something?

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4233568
Peaceful Whale wrote:What's a backup role, just another cop?

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4234035
Peaceful Whale wrote:Wait, what? Chile pepper? Endomorphins? What do you mean in love with heury? Do you try to save him now or something? Can you kill him? What happens?!

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4234240
Peaceful Whale wrote:I guess I'm actually a "volantary bodyguard" I can choose who I guard. I thought that was doctor. I'm sorry if I confused anyone.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4234257
Peaceful Whale wrote:Becuase I thought I was a nerfed doctor. But then I huery thought that it was a scum slip. I got confused and then reread my role pm, and realized what he had thought. So I am a "bodyguard". Not really a doctor. I just thought that I was a doctor. Just forgot that detail in the PM.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123349&sk=a&start=320#p4234306
Peaceful Whale wrote:@bessie, oops, I just reread you cop role, so you can't be saved becuase you're macho right? But what about body guard. And what I mean by saved is who I target to defend for the night. I choose a new person each night, but can't choose them twice in a row.

bessie wrote:There has to be something we are missing in the setup, some other liability for mafia somewhere.
Some limitation on chat? That would explain a few things.

Ninja'd.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:25 pm UTC

Notice what I was calling all those, roleblocker, killed, "saving", lyncher. They're all names of what those things do, last game someone mentioned roleblockers, a roleblocker is an easy name. :P I'm guessing your thinking that I'm a roleblocker? Or my scummy teammate is? I agree, that does make sense, I can see how you think I'm scum. But doesn't you think at some point pushing this farther just gets useless? (Ooh, I eat to use a cool word a learned! "Tunneling" but you're not tunneling yet are you?"
Would it help if I asked my questions to the mod? (Can you PM the mod?) I can do that, but I bet boomfrog wouldn't answer right away.

Bessie, this doesn't matter, but if you got plytho's role, and if scum targets you, do you become scum??? Or do you have chat with scum? This bugs me, but I bet it's nothing. What if we lynch scum, do you get to talk with the other scum now? I'd guess not. Butt you did get Znrick result.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 pm UTC

Note, I'm not saying I've got a scummy teammate, just that if I did. :P
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:14 pm UTC

@Peaceful Whale: backup usually only inherits powers from players of the same alignment.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

Oh, that makes a ton more sense. :P
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Now I'm not as confused.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm UTC

Sorry, didn't realise how long I'd neglected posting. I've been following along with the thread though. Just gonna read through everyone's claims again and see if I agree with Sabrar's plan.
any pronouns
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

I don't really like Sabar's plan. It involves me dieing... :cry:..
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I don't really like Sabar's plan. It involves me dieing... :cry:..
Town shouldn't care if townies have to die for town to win. You still win even if you're dead.
any pronouns
----

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

But if moody and huery are killed tonight with lynch. More than likely Bessie is killed by mafia, then it's me, you and Sabar. Then when I'm lynched, mafia makes their kill, and they win. If we miss lynch tomorrow, it's GG. That's why I don't want to die, it means we've lost.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:43 pm UTC

flicky can wed you tonight with me, that way we both die with the lynch. Additionally you could protect bessie tonight. Even if remaining scum has roleblock they cannot block both of you.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 pm UTC

Okay, that should work. That way at least you die with me. :P

This way scum has no chance. (Unless flicky is scum) can I make one change? Bessie investigates flicky tonight, that way if flicky is scum, you can lynch him.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:flicky can wed you tonight with me, that way we both die with the lynch. Additionally you could protect bessie tonight. Even if remaining scum has roleblock they cannot block both of you.
So is current plan heury+moody lynch then this?

If heury or moody is scum, we win.

If not, then tomorrow we have three players (only remaining claimed protection role is Whale who dies in place of target, so we lose one in the night either way). Players will be in {flicky, Sabrar, PW, bessie}.

flicky/Sabrar/PW: Sabrar and PW are wedded, I know I'm town, town win unless Sabrar/PW scumteam.
Sabrar/PW/bessie: We win unless bessie is scum or Sabrar/PW scumteam, same reasoning as above.
flicky/Sabrar/bessie: bessie should have a result that lets her make this call, we win unless bessie is scum.
flicky/PW/bessie: Up to me to decide on the lynch. (Based on claims I might have to go with PW in that case, I can't see bessie's claim being a lie.)

It's too bedtime, someone poke holes in my logic for when I get up please.
any pronouns
----

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 pm UTC

Why? I feel like there's no need to poke holes in it. So, we're all in agreement? In that case.
Vote:Huery

See you tomorrow!!!
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:If heury or moody is scum, we win.

Iff huery and moody are scum, town wins. I of course know this is not the case.

If one of us is scum (which FMPOV would have to be heury) then you go to D4 at 3-person LYLO.

Otherwise if both of us are town, scum wins.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:51 pm UTC

At this point I think it's pretty obvious that one of you are scum.
(Glares at huery)

But hey, if you want to wait and go to D4, it's not fine with me. Becuase then we lose. It's a gamble I'm willing to take. I'm sorry you had to die.

Except this is exactly what scum would say to get towniest to lynch two townies...........

Uh... I'm not scum? Does that help? Or should I unvote becuase someone will realize that it's no worth the risk? (Glances at Sabar) or are we all fine with this vote?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
bessie wrote:moody, was you protection doctor-like or jailer-like?

As best as I can read it, the protection is doctor-like.
Ok, adding it to the setup puzzle. To me, this seems more favorable to a town because it only protects against kills. A jailer like power would also block town powers.

Peaceful Whale wrote: Does backup normally get their predecessor's knowledge like she did?
This is not the normal way this role is used on this forum. That’s why Sabrar doesn’t trust that I am telling him the truth about my role.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Or does she just feel like you're towny enough she wants to protect you from incompetent noobs like me?
First of all, a townie should never lie (although this has been debated in the past). Second, it would be very unwise for a town cop (or for a townie to pretend to be a cop) to fabricate a town result on a player to support a gut read. It just should never be done. For so many reasons.

moody7277 wrote:Yogurt is spoiled milk, which looks bad in the flavor paradigm of the game. :P
I actually thought this when I was puzzling over the setup…

Peaceful Whale wrote:Notice what I was calling all those, roleblocker, killed, "saving", lyncher. They're all names of what those things do, last game someone mentioned roleblockers, a roleblocker is an easy name. :P I'm guessing your thinking that I'm a roleblocker? Or my scummy teammate is? I agree, that does make sense, I can see how you think I'm scum. But doesn't you think at some point pushing this farther just gets useless?
There is, and we will be there soon, but it’s currently producing some interesting content from you.

Peaceful Whale wrote:Bessie, this doesn't matter, but if you got plytho's role, and if scum targets you, do you become scum??? Or do you have chat with scum? This bugs me, but I bet it's nothing. What if we lynch scum, do you get to talk with the other scum now? I'd guess not. Butt you did get Znrick result.
Interesting. This is not the first time you’ve wondered if I inherited plytho’s alignment. You also asked something similar here.
Peaceful Whale wrote:Bessie, do you get the win conditions of whoever dies? Or just their power?...I think it's just power right?

If I also gained plytho’s role, I would have become mafia on N2 when you heury mafia targeted me. D3 would be 3-3. Game over, I think. If not, I’m sure Sabrar will make a post about it soon…

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am UTC

bessie wrote:If I also gained plytho’s role, I would have become mafia on N2 when you heury mafia targeted me. D3 would be 3-3. Game over, I think. If not, I’m sure Sabrar will make a post about it soon…
Exactly. Town hasn't got any killing powers and Mafia can always force No Lynch if they achieved parity. Besides, at that point the setup would be either some crazy 5-2-1-1 or 6-1-1-1 with bessie really changing alignments N2 and causing MYLO. However the first is super-unbalanced and I think we've already established that starting with 1 Mafia simply does not work.

Return to “Mafia”