Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 am UTC

bessie wrote:Sample setup for a 9 player simple/vanilla game. Please note that this is for illustrative purposes only, and does not necessarily align with what I think may be the setup in this game.
What purpose did these lists serve then? You didn't discuss them at all or draw any conclusions from them, so if they weren't even meant as a guess at the setup then they mean nothing.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:09 pm UTC

I kind of think plytho and Sabrar are putting way too much thought into bessie wording an argument differently than they would have.

However, my scummiest read is moody. Hardly any of what he's written is useful content as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, why not:

Vote moody7277

for now.

@Znirk: Why do you still have a vote registered on "no lynch" (unless I've missed you removing it somewhere)?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:26 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I agree with you flicky, however I'm a little hesitant about voting.
We have days until deadline and only one other person has a vote registered. Voting now is not going to lose us the game.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:@Znirk: Why do you still have a vote registered on "no lynch" (unless I've missed you removing it somewhere)?

Znirk unvoted here in his reads post.
Oops, thanks.

Peaceful Whale wrote:I guess voting now will put pressure on that person and maybe make them crack. Let me reread the posts and get significant evidence before I do, so at least I can defend my vote.
Who would you be voting for if you were voting?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:05 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:What is it about your content that makes yours less useless than his?
I never claimed my game was any better, but analysing my own content doesn't get us anywhere.

I'm trying to figure out what I think about LaserGuy. He seems to be playing exactly as usual, which according to what he was in most of his games would make him scum. But most of my experience of his "usual" was in the one game we shared, which was Bin Chicken (there weren't any others, were there?), and he was town in that. For now I am seeing him as townie.

bessie wrote:moody7277 – everything he has posted so far entirely fits with his meta, which I usually read as scummy, so he’s not deliberately trying to counter his meta and present himself as townie. Therefore I have a town lean on him.
This logic is just... I don't know what to say. If he looked townie he'd be scum, but he looks scummy so he's town? (Also, since when do scum try to counter their own meta? It would make more sense for scum to try to look exactly as they do when they're town.)
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:are you comparing his playstyle to his other games as well with which you don't have experience?
Kind of this - what I mean is that I've viewed several games I wasn't playing so my overall impression of his playstyle might have some influence from the many games where he was scum. But I payed more attention in the game I was in, obviously, and LG in this game seems very similar in that game.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 pm UTC

No, I'm saying that the townie game is probably a bigger part of my impression of his playstyle because that is the one I played in. I haven't gone through all his games as scum to compare them to this game. I just know he's playing just like he did as town in that one. If I wanted to do a deeper analysis and wanted to compare playstyles properly, I'd look at the games where he was scum too.

If I'm going to revise my original statement to make it clearer where the disconnect between my meaning and your interpretation was (new content in italics):
flicky1991 wrote:He seems to be playing exactly as usual based on what I remember of him, which according to what he was in most of his games would make him scum. But most of my experience of his "usual" was in the one game we shared, which was Bin Chicken (there weren't any others, were there?), and he was town in that. For now I am seeing him as townie.
Does that make sense now? My gut feeling without any analysis was "he's playing as usual", but then I realised that my opinion of his "usual" would be heavily biased towards the only game we shared, so it wouldn't matter so much for a gut read by me that he has mostly been scum even though that's what most people's idea of his "usual" would come from.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@flicky: please provide a reads list and a town-to-scum list.
plytho wrote:@flicky: I see you're online, working on that reads list I suppose?
Yeah, there is more content now than there was when I failed to make one before.

In a few of these I'm going to reference what I'm seeing as an argument "triangle" between Sabrar, bessie, and plytho where all three have been picking at small details. I'm not going to say that participating in those arguments makes anyone scummier or townier, but focusing on those arguments to the expense of the game outside of it is scummy.

• Sabrar - Lots of good content. Lots of arguing and poking at people, which is normal for him. He's part of the triangle, but he has made plenty of judgements outside of that. Neutral-to-townie.
  • plytho - So much of his content so far focuses on bessie's initial setup spec that I can only think of it as intentional. There's no issue with arguing about something if you think there's been a misunderstanding somewhere, but it feels like that's been most of his content and I'm finding it hard to notice anything else notable about him. Fairly scummy.
  • moody7277 - Little content. More posts than Znirk but (and this is the more important thing) not really saying anything in those posts. Haven't had time to check how typical this is of him but for now it doesn't look good.
  • Peaceful Whale - Genuine newbie townie. I can't imagine her asking so many basic questions in-thread if she had scumchat. If she's scum, she's brilliant at it. Tempted to think the fruit references are merely part of an ability rather than anything suspicious.
  • Heuristically_alone - His game has improved since previous games. I am liking the effort he's putting into putting forward ideas and questions, even if I don't always agree with them. Quite townie.
  • Znirk - Not much content at all, but what's there is not terrible - I just wish he was online more. Neutral but could sink if he doesn't contribute again soon.
  • LaserGuy - As mentioned before, he is playing very similarly to when he was town in the game we shared. He looks townie for now but if I get time I'd like to compare with some of his scum games.
  • bessie - Lots of good speculation and discussion. I'd say she's in the middle where the three in the triangle are concerned - more other content than plytho but not as much as Sabrar. Neutral.

TOWN
Peaceful Whale
heuristically_alone
LaserGuy
Sabrar
bessie
Znirk
plytho
moody7277
SCUM

moody7277 wrote:@flicky: I see you're voting for me. Any thought on who my "scummate" might be? Any other possible scum teams?
In terms of reads on who is scummy, you and plytho are scummiest, so you'd make a logical team. I'd try to give a possible scummate based on your interactions with other people too, but you're not really interacting with anyone enough to judge from that.

I'd be happy voting plytho or moody.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:48 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I think I have more content in my non-bessie posts than some people have all game so calling me out for lack of content is weak.
That's why I said I was struggling to find anything else "notable". Amount of content is only worth townie points when it's useful or meaningful.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:58 am UTC

bessie wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Heuristically_alone - His game has improved since previous games. I am liking the effort he's putting into putting forward ideas and questions, even if I don't always agree with them. Quite townie.
I agree with you in that I think heury’s content has improved a lot over his previous game, but I’m curious as to what in particular has earned your strongest town read (not including Peaceful Whale because part of that is a newbie read).
He's the strongest read because I didn't read anyone as stronger. I didn't specifically think "heury's content looks so good he is townier than everyone else", I just rated everyone independently then ordered my results.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:37 am UTC

Did anyone have any specific questions for me before deadline?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm UTC

If that's meant for me, I already provided an ordered list.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

I won't be around again before deadline, by the way. I think I'm happy with where my vote is now anyway.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:54 pm UTC

Oho. I've never seen the Mafia Recruit role in play as far as I can remember so I wouldn't have known how to tell someone is playing like one...

I wonder if Mafia knew there was a Recruit around? If they had reason to suspect it then they might have been trying to figure out who it was D1.

(Speaking of D1, I think the thread needs a title change...)

[Ninja'd but the ninja only serves to make my post more relevant!]
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D2 - Rest in Pieces

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 pm UTC

I assume "wins with the mafia" means what it says.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:08 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I assume "wins with the mafia" means what it says.

You know what they say about 'assume', right? :D
Yeah, it means it's plain as the nosu on me face. :P

Even with the recruit being able to win on their own, having only one actual mafia at game start seems unlikely to me.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:19 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Two mafia and recruit seems more plausible to me, though it means the setup is pretty scum-sided.
How scum-sided that is depends on how powerful town is in terms of roles. Znirk's cop role was surprisingly watered-down though.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:19 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I'm suddenly much more interested in hearing from Peaceful Whale about the "apple" business.
...Why? It was spurious when we brought it up. It's even less relevant now that we've found the mafia recruit, unless you think there's another recruit-like role in the game.

As soon as I get a chance I'm going to look through some of LaserGuy's games and see if I still agree with my meta-read.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 am UTC

bessie wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Oho. I've never seen the Mafia Recruit role in play as far as I can remember so I wouldn't have known how to tell someone is playing like one...]
If you’re looking for some cheese to go with that wine you’re a little late.
I thought I understood what "wine" meant now but sometimes I see people using it in ways I don't understand...
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am UTC

Ah. Didn't even spot that.

My usual best opportunity for posting is in the evening once I'm home from work, and I'm going to be out all this evening - and deadline is around when I get home from work on Friday, so I've basically got Thursday evening as my only good time to do posts D2... I'll look in on the forum whenever I can but don't expect very much from me till then.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:My usual best opportunity for posting is in the evening once I'm home from work, and I'm going to be out all this evening - and deadline is around when I get home from work on Friday, so I've basically got Thursday evening as my only good time to do posts D2... I'll look in on the forum whenever I can but don't expect very much from me till then.
As indicated here, I'll be doing a proper post tonight (in around 8 hours' time probably).
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:48 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:No one answered flickers question here...
Sabrar answered it in the next post.

heuristically_alone wrote:Flicky - Seems to be staying further back from Sabrar this game. In earlier games, I recall there being a little more interaction with Sabrar in earlier games.
Not sure what point you're trying to make with this.

D2 READS

Sabrar - Lots of relevant questions about how the recruits work. Typical Sabrar behaviour. Looking fairly townie.
moody7277 - Just as little content as before. Scummy.
Peaceful Whale - No change from D1, still playing the same. Townie.
Heuristically_alone - No change from D1, still playing the same. Townie.
LaserGuy - I keep saying I need to review LaserGuy's scum games and not getting around to it. LG is looking a bit less townie now. But I don't know how much I'm being influenced by Sabrar's consistent scum read of LG. Neutral.
bessie - Lots of discussion. Now that there's no focus on arguing with plytho, her content is looking better. Quite townie.

TOWN
Peaceful Whale
Heuristically_alone
Sabrar
bessie
LaserGuy
moody7277
SCUM

Due to concerns about whether I'll get another chance for a proper read-through before D2 end, I'll put a vote in now:

Vote: moody7277

but this is subject to change. If moody7277 is scum I wouldn't be surprised if it's a moody/LG team going on my reads alone. There are some players moody has offered zero opinions on since his original read list so it's hard to summarise his connections, but his later "do not lynch" list was Sabrar/bessie/Whale... distancing from heury?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Does anyone else think flickies read on huery is maybe too townie? She put him above Bessie... if he flips scum... that would look bad for flicky wouldn't it? Or would scum be trying to distance themselves at this point?
Who is "she" in this context? I'm a he.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 pm UTC

Just confirming you meant me, I don't care too much. :P

Putting other scum really high on your town-list is not common for scum. Scum tend to start putting their scum-mates low on the list once they look suspicious so they don't seem suspicious later, if that makes sense.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
flicky wrote:Putting other scum really high on your town-list is not common for scum. Scum tend to start putting their scum-mates low on the list once they look suspicious so they don't seem suspicious later, if that makes sense.

I don't think this is really true. Scum don't usually put their partners as absolute towniest or absolute scummiest, but I've seen pretty much everywhere in between. I suspect that on balance, the most likely place to find a scumbuddy is the average position of all of the townies, but the variance is pretty huge.
It might not be a strict rule, but it's common. I was just making the other side of the coin clearer to Whale. Plus I was specifically talking about the case where scum is already starting to look scummy - I got the impression Whale already considered heury scummy and was therefore thinking I'd look suspicious if heury flips scum.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 pm UTC

First thought in flicky's mind: ooh, Sabrar's list is much like mine. That must mean I'm on the right track.

Second: I really hope I've not been influenced by scum!Sabrar the whole game...
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:18 pm UTC

Unvote

Vote: LaserGuy

My scum read on him isn't as strong, but as the votes stand it will be random between LG and heury - I might've let a heury lynch go ahead if it wasn't for the fact that my two scummiest reads are the ones voting for him.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D3 - Salt and Sugar Preserve Us

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Possible reasons that there was no kill:

1. Scum withheld kill
2. A second bullet proof player
3. Doctor save
4. Backup bullet proof?
5. Mafia submitted kill on LaserGuy and were too late to change it?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 pm UTC

Ah, OK.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm UTC

I am fine with a full-claim.

Peaceful Whale wrote:So, if I went first and I claimed _____, X could say, "hey, I'm _____", and then I'd look scummy. Right?
There's that, and there's also the possibility that someone will claim something that's inconsistent with what someone else claims - e.g. one person says "I have this ability and used it on player X on night 1 and player Y on night 2", then someone else says "I'm a watcher and I watched player Y on night 2 so I know no-one used anything on them".
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:13 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I was not the cause of no lynch N2.
"No kill", you mean, not "no lynch".

I am rice, each day I can make two people lovers for a day. I've been giving conditions based on who is lynched, but D1 my condition for a plytho lynch involved Znirk so it didn't take effect. D2 I made moody and heury lovers in the case where LaserGuy was lynched (LaserGuy and moody were my first choice).

moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:18 pm UTC

Rice is used in weddings, so I wed two people each day.

Sabrar wrote:@flicky: does your ability roleblock?
No.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:48 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?

It's how capsaicin works. You get a burning, painful sensation when you eat them, which causes your brain to order up endorphins that make you feel ecstatic.
That's not what I meant. You wouldn't have said the ability was to do with chilli if there wasn't something that indicated that in the notification.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:19 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@flicky: can you target yourself?
It doesn't explicitly say.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:39 pm UTC

I've sent a PM.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:31 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Then you should be able to. Could you confirm with BoomFrog?
Yes, I can target me if I want to. Why do you ask?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:36 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Peaceful Whale has appeared to scum slipped. First I thought he was claiming doctor, and that to me makes sense with the apple flavor. But now it appears as if he has claimed bodyguard. That would make sense though to why he knows his target wasn't the one targeted for the kill n2.
It could just be the way BoomFrog has written the role, though?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:So Sabar, what if I used my ability on flicky, he used his on mine, and mafia killed flicky...... do we both die? That's a pretty tragic life story. Whale loves bird, dies protecting bird, then bird commits suicide... ouch.
No, my ability only applies to lynches, not nightkills.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm UTC

Sorry, didn't realise I hadn't stated that.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:28 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: did you inherit machoness and noisiness as well from Znirk?
She implied that here:
bessie wrote:
moody7277 wrote:c. If you were targeted with a night kill, it wasn't me who saved you, and I wouldn't think we have two protection roles.
You didn't save me. Read the role pms.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord

Return to “Mafia”