Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:plytho - joke votes LaserGuy, statement about tie votes, and some setup spec. some discussion with bessie over how scum would treat tie votes. starts getting into the weeds a little, but moves on to other players. town-to-scum list with PW and LaserGuy on top, bessie and heury on bottom. slightly townie.

What do you mean with the bolded (by me) expression? I'm not familiar with it.

Your post here involves some discussion that is a bit more detailed than I thought was necessary or relevant. Makes for a possible area where scum could look like they were contributing without looking for scum.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:30 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Also, why the twitch?

I have a lengthy history of being antagonistic to those who vote no lynch except in those rare situations where it's tactically useful.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 pm UTC

Not to vote for:
Sabrar
bessie
Peaceful Whale

plytho wrote:What’s your updated opinion on Znirk now?

The couple of posts he's done since my read haven't really moved the needle on him, so still slightly scummy. Some discussion of his meta, nothing that looks like deep scumhunting yet.

@flicky: I see you're voting for me. Any thought on who my "scummate" might be? Any other possible scum teams?

@heury: Do you have any possible scumteams picked out?

Vote: Znirk

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

plytho wrote:moody, Znirk, I see you guys are online. You've both said you were willing to vote for flicky as an alternative. Care to cast that vote now?

For me, that would be a bit of an OMGUS, but I can review him and decide. I was also thinking about voting heury since he's gone completely dark.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:30 pm UTC

flicky's posts

Spoiler:
post 1: fluff about account troubles
post 2: joke votes Sabrar
post 3: batonage with Sabrar
post 4: setup and power spec
post 5: unvotes

end of the opening moves. nothing out of the ordinary so far

post 6: some more setup spec and pointing out heury's suspicion of LaserGuy trying to analyse joke votes as being overboard
post 7: further talk on the last point from post 6

as I had said previously, SDK had success in doing this sort of thing, so flicky's point about heury going over the top in suspecting LaserGuy for doing it is well taken

post 8: Informing PW about Sabrar and bessie posting habits
post 9: comment on bessie's meta read of huery
post 10: sort of reads on people. no real conclusions on anyone, with notes on lack of content from some of us.
post 11: some responses to PW
post 12: questioning a couple of Sabrar's reads (mildly townie looking behavior)
post 13: dubious of a sample setup bessie made (something else that looked townie as the was part of "getting into the weeds" I mentioned previously)
post 14: votes me for lack of content (fair enough I suppose)
post 15: response to PW about voting with several days to go is not a bad thing

falls into the townie end of my relaxed town/nervous scum paradigm

post 16: more discussion with PW on where he might put his vote (but not in a pushy way)
post 17: circles back to his reading of LaserGuy and concludes town. dubious of bessie's read on me

I can say she's played a lot more games with me, so she knows my default meta is slightly scummy

post 18: continuing discussion on read of LaserGuy with meta included
post 19: more discussion of LaserGuy read. Maybe a small amount of frustration creeping in.
post 20: full reads with conclusions at the request of plytho. towniest PW and heury, scummiest me and plytho, who he calls the possible scum team in response to my question
post 21: defense of plytho read based on content

btw, the whole "in the weeds" area would be perfect for slipping in active lurking, which is where the plytho wagon is maybe getting its fuel. I was even pondering a bessis-plytho scumteam for a while based on their interaction despite my town read of her.

post 22: defense of his read of huery. (I think the reasoning on this one is a little weak)
post 23-25: signing off for the end of D1

Summarizing: I don't think I could vote for flicky given what I see here.

Doing a summary of heury next. We are definitely in the vote shenanigans zone.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:01 pm UTC

heury's posts

Spoiler:
post 1: joke unvotes, calls out jester
post 2: clarification of post 1
post 3: setup spec
post 4: views LaserGuy analysing joke votes as scum plausibility arguments. reads on bessie, plytho, and Sabrar all seem to be townie based on standard behavior
post 5: response to point in post 4 downplaying the against analysis part.
post 6: defending reads of bessie and Sabrar
post 7: brings up meta from other mafia sites
post 8: questions my reads list for having too many neutral reads, defense of Znirk's lurkiness
post 9: circling back to his part in the joke phase discussion, Laserguy slightly townie
post 10: suspicious of Znirk for being unoriginal in his reads with a conclusion of scummy feeling. commenting on PW's apple remark
post 11: looking for scum!Sabrar meta, concludes with no suspicion of him yet. question for bessie

post 12:
I feel like most players as town would tend to be more stubborn and stick to their guns, while mafia will be more willing to appear open minded. So for me I feel like showing a willingness to reconsider would be more scum indicative.

In one way I agree because scum would be happy with any target besides their own they would have leeway to build any sort of "case" they wanted. OTOH, I would think town's lack of knowledge (especially D1) would make for less definitive opinions than heury thinks. As I've said before, certainty is for scum.

post 13&14: commenting on PW's second apple related remark.
post 15: questions plytho on his meta and flicky on his vote for me.
post 16: town to scum list with plytho at bottom. votes plytho with the notice of hammer minus one.

this post came almost immedately after I mentioned him going dark. Coincidence? I think SO.

Basically, heury seems kind of floaty, mostly surface discussion. If it were a day till the deadline instead of an hour, I'd be willing to switch to voting him, but I'm nervous about shenanigans.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote: If it were a day till the deadline instead of an hour, I'd be willing to switch to voting him, but I'm nervous about shenanigans.

What sort of shenanigans are you nervous about?

Last minute switches by scum to make a no lynch or lynch a townie over scum (though the first is mitigated by BoomFrog's choice on how to resolve ties). Basically stuff I've seen done or been a part of in those instances I've been scum.

moody7277

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D2 - Rest in Pieces

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 pm UTC

My opinion on the recruit thing is that if we don't have any VT roles, then 2 mafia with a recruit might still be balanced (although I've never actually tried to balance a game, so take with a grain of salt).

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:10 pm UTC

Okay, so I was wondering if any night power results forthcoming, and there haven't been. The mafia recuitable is somewhat interesting, but since he didn't know who the mafia were nor did they know who he was, it is somewhat limited in information generating possibilites. Most of the discussion that did take place regarding the role seemed to me to be about the mechanics and balancing the role, which as I've said I'm blissfully ignorant on.

In terms of reads, I'm still "Do not vote" on Sabrar and bessie, and most willing to vote for heury.

Vote: heury

Could look at LaserGuy in detail soonish.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I'm guessing Moody's vote on huery is trying to put pressure on him? I think there are 3 or 2 votes on huery right now. Huery has failed to react...

As far as I know, I'm the only one voting for heury D2. Votes reset at the end of the day if that was why your thinking this.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm UTC

LaserGuy's posts

Spoiler:
D1
post 1: 2nd joke vote on heury. says jester is a lose-lose.

personally, I think jester is an anti-town role, so his second point about losing a player is no great loss.

post 2: comments on heury being at L-2 with joke votes by saying scum would thereby out themselves. (agree with this)
post 3: compact reads with no one listed as really scummy, points out heury as odd. points out 3 scum setup would be "harsh" (something else I agree with
post 4: response to heury not reacting to joke votes, applauds him for some content.
post 5: responses to PW stuff
post 6: pokes PW about his Sabrar read
post 7: discusses Sabrar read with PW
post 8: previous game discussion with bessie
post 9: some responses to people.
post 10: Znirk not completely inactive
post 11: full reads list with heury and PW as most townie looking (but just barely) with flicky scummiest concluding with a vote on him.

LaserGuy's reads look a lot more suspicious leaning than I'm used to. Might just be indicative of careful town.

post 12: accuses heury of role fishing on the "apple" incident
post 13: fluff
post 14: responses to Sabrar's case on him. Apparently he's in the same situation meta-wise as freezeblade was for a while, and his point on vigging the Jester I find debatable. unvotes flicky
post 15: semi-fluff with a more definite town read of bessie
post 16: continuing the discussion with Sabrar: vigging the jester based on several conditionals, Sabrar overreacting to LaserGuy "attacking" plytho, Sabrar's improved opinion of flicky.
post 17: response to plytho's opinion of bessie.
post 18: detailed reads list. puts bessie and PW as town, puts plytho as most scummy (which turned out to be right) with a lot of scum leaners. votes plytho
post 19: defends town read on bessie. detailed case for a connection between Sabrar and plytho

Since we know that scum and the recruit didn't know who eachother were, this is not in and of itself evidence against Sabrar.

post 20: responses to Sabrar attacking the case in post 19.
post 21: responses to plytho.
post 22: reminded of a post similar to one quoted from bessie
post 23: to PW about nightless

D2
post 24: revised setup spec in light of recruit flip
post 25: further setup spec
post 26: mod questions
post 27: more interested in PW
post 28: comparison to previous game about mafia recruit
post 29: satisfied with Sabrar's apple response
post 30: response to Sabrar on his comment about town claiming just before being lynched.
post 31: further response on the role-fishing during the 'apple" incident. LaserGuy's way of putting it looks reasonable
post 32: poking heury about not responding to questions from Znirk
post 33: more education for PW
post 34: more poking of heury
post 35: questioning bessie about her read of heury
post 36: PS to post 35.
post 37: more responses to bessie and heury
post 38&39: fluff
post 40: response to bessie. town to scum list with PW and Sabrar on top, huery on the bottom for what he's said and me for what I haven't
post 41: change in opinion on Sabrar based off plytho flip

Has interactions with the full range of players. While reading through the whole Sabrar-LaserGuy debates, I was 30-50% sure one of them was scum, more likely that they're both town (heaven help us if that was a setup and they're both scum, but I figure that at 5% at most). Conclusion: likely town

town
bessie
Sabrar
LaserGuy
Peaceful Whale
flicky1991
heury
scum

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:41 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:So that's why plytho was tunneling on Bessie so hard, I thought he was trying to get her lynched, and then backed off becuase he realized t made him look scummy.

What does bussing mean? I can't find it it the Begginer's guide.

"throw someone under the bus." When it's obvious to scum A that scum B is about to get lynched, scum A may build a case against and even vote for scum B in order to get townie cred.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm UTC

Kinda surprised that with all the reads of mostly scummy on me, I don't have but flicky's vote on me yet. People waiting until closer to the deadline?

moody7277

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D3 - Salt and Sugar Preserve Us

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:26 pm UTC

Well, apparently I got hit with some chile action last "night" as I was roleblocked and the endorphins have left me temporary lovers with heury (either random or someone with a twisted sense of humor). Not sure if it was a good guy or bad guy since some people were seeing me as scummy and might have wanted to keep me from "mischief".

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Wait, what? Chile pepper? Endomorphins?

Basing the identification of what happened off the flavor from the associated PM and my knowledge of what capsaicin does.

What do you mean in love with heury? Do you try to save him now or something? Can you kill him? What happens?!

No kill, but if huery dies anytime between now and the start of D4, I go too, and vice versa.

YOU ARE THE ONLY POSTER SO FAR!

Yeah, funny about that. Must be being Friday night. And for future reference, your hammer of LaserGuy looked scummy as hell.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:48 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:Possible reasons that there was no kill:

1. Scum withheld kill
2. A second bullet proof player
3. Doctor save
4. Backup bullet proof?

5. Mafia submitted kill on LaserGuy and were too late to change it?--jossed

6. Whatever happened to me was in lieu of their kill?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'd prefer an order of moody, heury, Whale, flicky, yourself, me. But I'm interested in your claim if you think it doesn't matter when you do it.

You got it. I'm Saran Wrap. I had a one-shot multi-person protection ability that I tried to use N2 on Sabrar, bessie, PW, and myself. It came with the caveat that if scum were on the list, it wouldn't work. Being roleblocked meant it was spent for naught.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: why do you think you were notified of being roleblocked? Such roles usually don't receive this feedback.

Mod decision? I had a notice that if the power didn't work I wouldn't be notified and thus was kind of surprised by the flavor text I got with the whole chile thing. My guess is that if someone on my protect list had been killed because someone else was scum, I wouldn't have been told.

flicky1991 wrote:moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?

It's how capsaicin works. You get a burning, painful sensation when you eat them, which causes your brain to order up endorphins that make you feel ecstatic.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
moody7277 wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:moody, why did you think the lovers effect was connected to chilli?

It's how capsaicin works. You get a burning, painful sensation when you eat them, which causes your brain to order up endorphins that make you feel ecstatic.
That's not what I meant. You wouldn't have said the ability was to do with chilli if there wasn't something that indicated that in the notification.

"Chile" was my inference/guess based off the flavor text in the notification and my culinary knowledge.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:03 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Are you sure you were roleblocked? Maybe it just didn't work because there is scum on that list.

a. I was explicitly told that I would not know why my protection failed. I figured what was most likely was that someone on my list would get killed and I could present a list with {X,Y,Z} has at least one scum.
b. I was explicitly told I was roleblocked with the whole flavor thing. The other thing with huery was done at the same time, which is why I thought it was a side effect and led to my chile hypothesis.
c. If you were targeted with a night kill, it wasn't me who saved you, and I wouldn't think we have two protection roles.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:To be honest I'm quite sure that scum-team is heury + moody (GF)

Most likely one of us is town. Scum can't have this kind of role, even a balancing newb like me can see that. flicky knows he's town, and depending on how late he chose already knows that LaserGuy is hung, so he has a pool of 3 townies and 2 scum to pick from.

2S -> 2/5 * 1/4 = 10%
1T,1S -> 2 * 3/5 * 1/2 = 60%
2T -> 3/5 * 1/2 = 30%

I agree with bessie that GF seems a little too much like bastardy in a newbie-friendly game (but to you I'd obviously say that of course). Basically, I say we either try to get the other scum, or wait till tomorrow when we know there isn't a 90% chance of a townie also dying should huery be scum and land us in MYLO again.

I am also finding Sabrar's claim of "just plain yogurt" to be a little disappointing. I foresee myself sorting through a mountain of puppies in the near future.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:Nothing for me to get straight - moody must have misunderstood the role.

Misread it is more what happened. It is end of D3 not start of D4.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:32 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:How, you guys are the veterans, the only thing that I've got to add, is I don't think Sabar is vannilla, becuase if he is, scum is WAY unbalanced.

What does he have to hide?

Is he some weird independent?

If Sabrar is lying at all about his role, he's scum. We've already established that the setup isn't 4 town, 1 scum, 1 independent since in that case we could lynch town and still have a chance to win.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:27 pm UTC

If I could be sure that heury was scum, I'd say lynch away and cheer from the afterlife. But there's that nagging 30% hanging and the possibility of a Sabrar-PW scum team (the only possibility left with town!heury and given my opinions of bessie and flicky). Yes, Sabrar said that was based on random selection, but reads aren't the same as hard data.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:36 pm UTC

bessie wrote:moody, was you protection doctor-like or jailer-like?

As best as I can read it, the protection is doctor-like.

heuristically_alone wrote:@moody what are your thoughts on this plan?

I agree that bessie and flicky are de facto town. FMPOV, that leaves the two scum in {Sabrar, heury, PW}. I have been figuring that you're scum almost all game (maybe that's tunneling :? ), so I am mostly okay with it. I still have this nagging worry that maybe Sabrar has been coaching PW to play up his newness in order to cloak any scumtells.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:53 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:And the fact that you're apparently a vanilla role. It just feels wrong...
What happened to this? Why is yogurt worse than pudding?

Yogurt is spoiled milk, which looks bad in the flavor paradigm of the game. :P

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:If heury or moody is scum, we win.

Iff huery and moody are scum, town wins. I of course know this is not the case.

If one of us is scum (which FMPOV would have to be heury) then you go to D4 at 3-person LYLO.

Otherwise if both of us are town, scum wins.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm UTC

You know what, no more naive noob read. PW is scum, and I decide now.

Vote: Peaceful Whale

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm UTC

While hammering LaserGuy didn't do him any benefit town-read-wise, revoting heury after flicky voted for him just smacks of scum trying to mislynch.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:40 pm UTC

bessie wrote:And what is this supposed to mean?

Means if you were scum and heury were town, you'd have just hammered him and it would be game over.

ninja'd by Sabrar

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 pm UTC

Technically, you guys have to wait another three hours before you can start gloating.

moody7277

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Leftover Chinese Takeout - Miller

Interesting. I had thought of using Worcestershire Sauce as a fake claim with miller had I been scum, the justification being the anchovies in it.

I wasn't too far off when I guessed "chiles" for what got me N2. I am surprised that I was targeted twice; flicky not so much since heury and I were his two scummiest reads he was likely looking for a two-fer.

Peaceful Whale

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - Pregame

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm UTC

Confirm
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:16 pm UTC

Last game I voted really early... maybe I should be more cautious with this game...
Nah.

Vote Huery

Why not?
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 pm UTC

Um... should I invote or just wait?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

Noob question.

What does L-2 and L-1 mean.

I think I understand the hammer. Is it where the scum both vote for a player and basically get two kills.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:35 pm UTC

Thanks, this makes a lot more sense
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:05 pm UTC

I didn't realize that it was tripled, who was the second voter?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:10 pm UTC

Okay
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 pm UTC

Should I unvote
Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”