Refrigerator Mafia - Post Game - The Eternal Soup

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begins

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:15 am UTC

Unvote

I don't think it matters really.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:28 am UTC

Hi Bessie long time no see! :p
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Vote: huery

still owe him a death from last game.

I know, I just missed this vote.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:54 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:"Simple powers" makes me assume we have a cop and a doctor (or one of the two), unless equating "simple" with "standard" is a mistake. If two mafia then probably no godfather (since that nerfs cop too much) unless there is an anti-town independent and cop detects town/anti-town rather than scum/not scum. Three anti-towns in a nine-player game is probably OP though.

I agree with flicky, this appears to be the most likely setup.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Re: Refrigerator Mafia - D1 - The Purge Begin

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:20 pm UTC

Thoughts so far.

I agree with what a lot of people have said, a two team mafia makes a lot of sense, this is a newbie game, and 3 mafia means they can untie the vote in their favor.
Also, why have an entire rule devoted to jester? Is it because we have one or is it becuase boomfrog likes to mess with our minds?

1. Sabrar- he seems to be acting like he always does. A townie, I can't really read him. More than likely town.
2. plytho - maybe an active lurker. Maybe mafia laying low? Or just honestly trying their best.
3. moody7277- pretty towny, but jumped on PW becuase of a joke vote.
4.Peaceful Whale - put huery at L-2, was it a joke or something more sinister?
5. Heuristically_alone - hasn't posted much, kinda like plytho. Again, I really don't know what to make of it, innocent townie or mafia lying low?
6. Znirk - not enough information really. Maybe a lurker, away from his computer, or like plytho.
7. LaserGuy - I'd group him win Sabar and Bessie, they all seem to be pretty townie and active.
8. bessie - Bessie and Sabar seem the most active, I bet these two are town. If not, we're screwed.
9. flicky1991. Had to think about their first post. Other than that I think they have added to the conversations. Pretty neutral reads.

What does "ninja by Sabar" mean?

Well, here are my thoughts, I really don't know who to vote, I'm not the best at making reads, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll end up killing the apple or something.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

@lazerguy

Yeah, I forgot about heury, I kept going to a different window in my browser to reread what people had posted, and I just forgot. Sorry about that. Next time I won't edit my post, I just thought it was a simple mistake and I could simply fix it. Next time I'll just make a new post
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

I've only ever played with Sabar when he's been town, right now he's acting exactly like he always has, and I think that if he were mafia I would notice him acting differently. But becuase you've played a lot longer than me, and are probably more experienced, do you have any reads on Sabar?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:51 pm UTC

Okay, I'll try to refrain from judge int Sabar too quickly, thanks for the advices
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm UTC

@plytho I've only played one game so far, one which I screwed up badly in. And I feel anyone is town unless they do something obviously suspicious. Or if someone points something out.

Znrick could be scum lying very low, but I feel scum would at least post something, maybe questions to redirect townies. He maybe just is really busy.

Also, I'm sorry I'm back so late, it was midnight over here when you guys posted all that.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm UTC

...but if bessie says Sabar, and Sabar is killed tonight, it could mean two things...

1. Bessie is bad scum.
2. Mafia purposely killed Sabar in an effort to frame bessie. But it is pretty obvious that they did, clearing bessie as town.

I guess this helps, it's basically asking bessie, "who's on the top of your town list".

Does this help at all? Can someone tell me how? I would really like to get better at this.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 pm UTC

Oh... thanks, this is making a lot more sense now. Maybe I should just get a mentor or something.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 pm UTC

Hmm, they may all be scum buddies, unlikely given as rule #2 exists, it would be too over powered, but could have boomfrog countered acted 3 scum by giving town extra powers? I'm beginning to think that this game may not have too many vanilla players and instead have more speacial abilities. (Hopefully not like X-Men). Things like forbidden fruit, maybe a watcher/jailer. I don't think their's a cop in this game, maybe a doctor. Any ideas on the other roles... ooh maybe unique roles?

boomfrog, how many hours until deadline?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm UTC

Could it be possible the flicky has chat partners with one of them? It could be like last game, where two people had chat, and one was town and the other scum. Could it be possible that this is the same scenario? I doubt it's exactly the same.

Those three that Sabar mentioned are particularly high on my scum list... I'll add a complete list soon.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:20 pm UTC

TOWN
Peaceful Whale
LaserGuy
Sabrar
Flicky
Heury
moody
Bessie
Znirk
Plytho
flicky
SCUM

I took a while doing this, and then later guy posts a ton... I think his reasoning is pretty solid at this point...

I've never played with flicky before, but in other threads flicky likes to talk, a lot. I feel like flicky is acting kinda weird, but I'm worried about a mislynch...
I have played with Bessie before, and she too seems a little off...
Could they be scum buddies?
What's role fishing? And what's a lyncher? I'm guessing a lyncher is a character with a kill ability?
I feel like I'm too new to judge players based off their pasts, this is only my second game. I really wish I could skim hunt better, right now I'm just a dead weight.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 pm UTC

Oh, thanks flicky, and
*face slap*
Here's the new list, can't believe I listed flicky twice...

TOWN
Peaceful Whale
LaserGuy
Sabrar
Heury
moody
Bessie
Znirk
Plytho
flicky
SCUM

Yeah you're at the bottom flicky. But note, the button 4 people are all pretty much equally scummy to me.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 pm UTC

@plytho Moody has been actively scum hunting, though some people that he thinks are scum are pretty towny. He is looking kinda scummy. We've got about 3 days until deadline. I feel like it's still to early to tell. So far, almost everyone is towny to me.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 pm UTC

Currently I feel that learning on my own is better. I can make my own mistakes and learn from them. Thanks you all for being so supportive! I think that we can win this game! It will be my first time! (I don't think last game counts becuase I quit halfway).

I feel like I've been to suspicious of Bessie. Now that I've gone back and reread, I don't think he/she's (what do you prefer Bessie?) necessarily scum, but maybe an independent or special power role? Bessie, what are your thoughts, plytho had been pretty adamant about you being skum. I feel like he's either townie trying to skum hunt, or skum trying to persuade townies to lynch town. Any thoughts on the matter. I feel like you've been pretty townie, even though I feel like you've been playing differently from last game.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

I agree with you flicky, however I'm a little hesitant about voting. If we mislynch today, and when mafia kills one of us, we'd be at 2 mafia - 5 town. Hopefully mafia doesn't have any extra kill abilities, becuase then it might be 2-4. I'm optimistic about our chances of winning. Statistically town should win. As we have more people.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 pm UTC

Yes, and neither will waiting. I guess voting now will put pressure on that person and maybe make them crack. Let me reread the posts and get significant evidence before I do, so at least I can defend my vote.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:17 pm UTC

I'm thinking of plytho or flicky... but right now it's only a gut feeling from a few off reads... let me get some evidence and I'll vote. But I think plytho's higher up on my skum list.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:29 pm UTC

Maybe Sabar doesn't want to entertain that idea. He may be worried! Ooooooooooo. Or it's so preposterous he doesn't even bother responding.

Also, I really like how you all actually appreciate my frail attempts at helping. It's not something that people normally do. Mainly becuase I'm so young :p.

@bessie
1. What do you mean by wine soaked meta joke? A drunk joke?

2. Not really able to put it in words, part of it's your setup analysis, but that's just becuase I was confused and Sabar pointed out some stuff, then some people jumped on it. But sigh your better explaining I think I better understand now.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

After rereading the the posts again, Bessie and znrick are off my scum list. Moody has moved down. And I'm watching plytho. Just a little. I feel like his mention of daychat is a little off. At first Bessie's reaction was what I thought. But then I realized this could be scum trying to be more townie.

@plytho I see you're online. Hi! :D

Thanks for the information Sabar, I'll continue reading that thread later.

Ninja' by plytho
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

@plytho yes I am. :D

And hi! You're online again!
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:20 pm UTC

Mr. Plytho. Hi! I see you're online!

Also, Znrick hasn't posted much but he has posted a very complete read list... i think he'll post more near the end of (my) day. Hopefully.

I guess I should do a reads list... I'll work on it, I've got a lot going on. ( I'm just lazy)

So far I'm looking at Moody, flicky, and plytho. Plytho and Sabar may be chat buddies I first thought, but then I thought otherwise. (I can't really read Sabar, they he always feels townie to me).

I know who I'm voting for lynch currently, but when I do my read list it may change becuase I'll have reread all of the posts.

Should I start to entertain the idea 3 mafia? Plytho's been pretty vocal about that. I think this could potentially be problematic if we don't lynch correctly today. Especially with rule #2... even if mafia outs themselves saving a teammate they would then get a kill later in night. However we probably have some one shots. They would be able to shoot mafia right?

So far all I know about scum hunting is just looking at what people post and trying to judge if it's scummy or not. Plytho mentioned voting someone to put pressure on them. Is that a good idea, or will it make that person watch their moves better. I'm waiting to voice my suspicions hoping that they'll slip up. Later I'll post my reads. That will have my suspicions.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:53 pm UTC

Okay, thanks for the help, (still working on the list)
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:19 pm UTC

I'm done!!!

1. Sabrar- D1 Sabar is impossible to read. I did think he was either scum team or had a chat with plytho becuase it looked like they had a pretty coordinated attack(tunneling?) on Bessie. However Sabar back out first, and then plytho was still confused. So maybe not.

2. plytho - Has been a help to town with scum reads. However he did push on Bessie, and I feel he may not understand what Bessie was saying still, and I think he realized what he was doing could be seen as scummy tunneling, mentioned it (WIFOM?), and then made sure every one knew it was a mistake, I feel like town would have just moved on. And then this I missed, but huery pointed it out.
heuristically_alone wrote:
plytho wrote:Yeah, but seriously, in the one nightless game I played (Dark Tower), scum completely outplayed town so I guess I'm looking for strategy tips?

This seems rather winey to me.

I agree with him, but not sure if it was an attempt to appear noobie. Also, that question mark makes me read it kinda weird.

3. moody7277- He's been neutral, but his lack of content pings me. I'm not sure if he's a lurker. On the scummy side of my imaginary list.

4.Peaceful Whale - not so noobie anymore! (I hope)

5. Heuristically_alone - hasn't posted much, kinda like znrick and moody. Again, I really don't know what to make of it. Role fished once, caught on to what may have been bread crumbing by Peaceful Whale

6. Znirk - Kinda like Moody, with his lack of posts, but I'm putting him on the townie side of neutral.

7. LaserGuy - I'd group him win Sabar and Bessie, guys I can't really read. Though I'd bet he was town, he has acted a little weird sometime, but not enough to be "scummy" in my book.

8. bessie - Attacked by Sabar and plytho. Has posted a lot, mainly defending themselves. I believe she's town, thinks PW is and indie. I feel like they haven't scum hunted as much. (Pause to glare at plytho and Sabar for taking up all of Bessie's time) and she's on my top townie list.

9. flicky1991. Some lack of content like Moody, but has been online a lot. I bet flicky's too busy with all of his/her fans. But is on pretty low down on the imaginary scum list.

If I had to bet who was town/scum...

TOWN:
Bessie
, PW,
znrick,
Lazerguy
huery

moody ( more neutral than scummy)
Flicky
Plytho

I don't trust myself to judge Sabar, though he feels townie to me.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm UTC

@Sabar No, not really. But Bessie has been more help than I have.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 pm UTC

Okay
modded list:

TOWN FOR SURE
Peaceful Whale Whale

I'M NOT SURE
everyone else
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm UTC

Oops, put Whale twice.
*faceslap*
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:12 pm UTC

Vote: Plytho for all the reasons I said before
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:36 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:2. plytho - Has been a help to town with scum reads. However he did push on Bessie, and I feel he may not understand what Bessie was saying still, and I think he realized what he was doing could be seen as scummy tunneling, mentioned it (WIFOM?), and then made sure every one knew it was a mistake, I feel like town would have just moved on. And then this I missed, but huery pointed it out.
heuristically_alone wrote:
plytho wrote:Yeah, but seriously, in the one nightless game I played (Dark Tower), scum completely outplayed town so I guess I'm looking for strategy tips?

This seems rather winey to me.

I agree with him, but not sure if it was an attempt to appear noobie.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

There is more to that than just you not moving on. There's the Bessie push, and the WIFOM
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 pm UTC

Honestly Sabar you're the one who likes weird logic games. Though I think plytho distanced himself from you becuase it will implicit you as scum if we kill him and he is scum, it seems something that a scum team would do, but I doubt you would let your scum buddy be so obviously scummy, do you still have plytho at the top of your townie list?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:49 pm UTC

Plytho is VERY scummy to me...
I thought he was before it was mainstream. 8-)

(Just worried about voiceing it, in case everyone agrees with me, we lynch him, and he was the doctor :( )
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 am UTC

1. I feel like Sabar is *mabye* defending plytho too much. Does it remind anyone X-man? Where Sabar knew something and wanted to keep scum alive? He does bring up some interesting points. But plytho is still my scummiest read. I can see where sabar is coming from. Mislynching is bad
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 am UTC

2. Bessie, is everything okay?
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 am UTC

Didn't you have chat with a scum player? Or am I thinking of someone else, if so ignore that post.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:53 am UTC

Oh...
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:04 pm UTC

Who's the scummiest on your list, and who's the towniest(besides you).

Scummiest: plytho

Towniest: Bessie

I think we should all do this, I think it will help us lynching in the future.

Anyone see huery recently? Or moody for that matter...
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm UTC

It could be that he's a power tool, or he and Sabar are masons, etc.

But I am even more certain of my vote. The way plytho is defending himself... I just feel like it's something scum would do.

Sabar right now I'm torn, Plytho's been on my imaginary scum list for a while, I'm not so sure I'm going to change my vote unless I'm convinced that plytho is scum. I'd probably follow a veteran's logic, and more than likely agree with them. But Bessie and Sabar are disagreeing.

I'd feel horrible if we end up killing a town. If we do we may loose... :cry: I don't want to lose.

I know we've got to lynch someone, but maybe we should all review REALLY hard on our choices. I know I am. Just so we're more likely to get scum.

What's the use of nights? Does it give scum time to plan? What is night/daychat? Is it A separate fora or something? Is their something I'm missing?
Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”