Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mpolo

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3 | 10/06

Postby mpolo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:51 pm UTC

I don't think I had strong enough reads to really do anything tonight anyway. With Zen targetting Ryu, I didn't want to mess with that… So I have no problem with withholding, if that's what people want.
Image <-- Evil experiment

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:52 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@EGW: Did you think Jim was town? At what point did you change your mind?

I did. Change my mind on what?

Oh, then why did you not object to any part of my case? Why wait until only a few hours before deadline to try and rally a swing to Frozen?

@Bessie: I do take it that way. No slight received. For the record, I didn't forget the deadline, I never even looked at what it was in the first place. I didn't even know the day of the deadline until sometime brought it up Thursday. D2 I was only on just before deadline by luck, I didn't know the hour of deadline then either. Hence my "hurried tone" when there was still an hour to go. D1 I had checked the hour of deadline but I believe it was after my bedtime anyway.

Read into that as you will.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I'm just catching up. I closed and then had to work in the morning. Today is my day off. (I'm off Mondays and Fridays)

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm UTC

@ mpolo: I don't know if you want to take my advice at this point, but I would advise switching a towny read and a scummy read. Just not as an obviously. I don't understand why EGW doesn't trust you but you're choosing targets well in my opinion.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:55 pm UTC

MPOLO will withhold.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:10 pm UTC

EGW, what's your read of mpolo?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:15 pm UTC

He's null.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:At what point did you change your mind?

Why did you ask me when I changed my mind?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Stuff

You are needed.

Did you see this Ping?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:At what point did you change your mind?

Why did you ask me when I changed my mind?

Because I had the impression there was consensus among the town block of you, me, Zen and Sabrar. I thought you weren't posting because you were observing my attempt to test Red and FF (and plytho and Laser). I hadn't paid attention to the fact that you were busy with RL And apparently read too much into your silence.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:49 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Stuff

You are needed.

Did you see this Ping?

No. I didn't see it until I jumped ahead when reading your post saying "swing to Frozen"

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:He's null.

Mpolo has used his power publicly in a very townie way. A scum bus driver is amazingly powerful. Swap you NK target with someone scummy, target the scummy person and you almost guarantee you about the doctor. Also the fact that the NK targets have been so odd shows that scum are trying to avoid mpolo and doctors. Scum mpolo would have been a fool to out himself. If I was scum with him I'd happily let him get lynched mid game if it went could have taken out the super towniess N1 and N2.

mpolo, don't listen to just EGW. You won't get lynched for ignoring him and you may save a townie.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote: Sabrar, Laser, Frozen, Ruy, Bessie, Boom.

SWING TO FROZEN

I didn't see your ping. I was leasurly reading up and got to this post and jumped ahead.

So BoomFrog, what in this post alarmed you enough to forgo your leisurely reading and skip ahead two pages?
I don't know from what perspective this question makes sense. I think it was the all caps call to action literally with my name on it. How is that not clear? We're you being sarcastic?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:21 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I don't think I had strong enough reads to really do anything tonight anyway. With Zen targetting Ryu, I didn't want to mess with that… So I have no problem with withholding, if that's what people want.

MPOLO has no reason to switch anyone himself. Unless directed by town, he will withhold.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:25 pm UTC

Sabrar, would you like to weigh in on this? Updated Reads on Boom, Ryu, Frozen, and Laser?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:32 pm UTC

IMHO mpolo ought to be swapping bessie with a scummy player.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:35 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar, would you like to weigh in on this? Updated Reads on Boom, Ryu, Frozen, and Laser?
Sorry, not yet. Got to page 13 only, was on and off most of the day. Started taking notes though, realized a bit late that I can't manage otherwise.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:36 pm UTC

No more posting.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | N3 | 10/09

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 pm UTC

Votals 3.2
jimbobmacdoodle (7): BoomFrog, mpolo, #HBC | Red Ryu, #HBC | Zyth, Bessie, LaserGuy, Sabrar
BoomFrog (4): plytho, Frozenflame, jimbobmacdoodle, EGW
Not Voting (2): Yolinda, Madge

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is Friday, October 6 at 11:59:59 PM EST!

jimbobmacdoodle, Twisted Fate (League of Legends), Town Vote Limiter

has been lynched!

Yolinda, Samus Aran X (Metroid), Mafia Roleblocking Possessor

has been modkilled due to inactivity!

Megaman has absorbed a power!

N3 ends October 9 at 11:59:59 PM EST!

Flavor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TRdx2tbUFI

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | N3 | 10/09

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth, Minsc & Boo (Baldur's Gate), Town Journal Keeper

has been killed at night!

His journal has been published: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF

Votals 4.1
Not Voting (10): BoomFrog, mpolo, #HBC | Red Ryu, Bessie, LaserGuy, Sabrar, plytho, Frozenflame, EGW, Madge

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline is Friday, October 16 at 11:59:59 PM EST!

BoomFrog

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/10

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:13 am UTC

Go for the face Boo!

R.I.P Zen. Woof.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:16 am UTC

Hello. We massclaim today. I'm at work, will give the order when I get home.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 am UTC

I didn’t get to work on this yesterday or today. No joking, there was brush fire in my area and my house is in the mandatory fire evacuation zone (google Orange County brush fire). I have some replies I made over the weekend to the last few pages of content.

plytho wrote: @bessie: protecting someone from the lynch with that power and forcing no-lynch aren't pro-town applications of jimbob's power. btw, you realise I'm strictly talking about a town!jimbob scenario here right? Not because I'm convinced he's town, but because that's the hypothetical we're discussing.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@bessie - as plytho said, it's my feeling that my power is only of very limited use, and has the potential to be disastrous to town, if I use it wrongly. As a result, I consider it a weak power (I consider the chances of disaster being significantly high to not be worth the risk). You are right that it does have a non-negligble game effect, just not necessarily a beneficial one, in my opinion.

plytho and jimbob, I don’t know why you keep failing to understand things that I am clearly spelling out for you. Is it deliberate? Power = power, whether or not it is immediately or obviously beneficial to town is irrelevant. (pre post edit: will become clearer after mass claim)

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: @BoomFrog - why did you want me to claim my role name?
@bessie - why was it interesting that BoomFrog asked me? Or did you want the answer too, and if so why?
For what reason could anyone possibly want your role name (unless they are searching for a target, did Amrock have a target?)?

More in a bit, I'm getting bombarded by texts from people asking me if my house burned down.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 am UTC

I've gone back and forth in claiming. I think scum have been avoiding certain targets because they are trying to avoid the doctor and bus driver. If we claim we help them keep picking good targets. We may have a real cop or doctor out there.

On the other hand scum have had really weak fake claims so far so I think we should go for it.

Obviously Bessie should be the final arbiter of the order but I assume she's going to follow EGW.

While we get this organized I'd like to play another fun little game. I like everybody's to say who they have demonstratably been willing to lynch on a previous Day. I can only actually claim Red. I've defended FF and LaserGuy and haven't been strong on plytho either.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 am UTC

OK here's my post I made in gojoe that I started writing before I realised deadline had passed:

So I vanished for a second there and there's like 9 pages so I'm not going to have time to analyse a lot of content - aaaand it turns out that night seems to have fallen while I was out, so I am now writing this post in the discussion thread and will have to post it D4 (assuming it wasn't me that was lynched of course)

Oooo a question that's not about reads but about actual claims and stuff!!! I can do this!!!!!! Firstly did I miss jimbob's claim? The claims list I try to put at the bottom of each of my posts is not just a decoration, please help me keep it up to date: in a game this size stuff gets missed.

Secondly, I can't do it now, Later. dinner to cook.
So Madge never came back to this? What a surprise.

Thursday is Survivor night, of the regular and designated varieties. Sorry I didn't get back to it. Then my Friday and Saturday were pretty jam-packed and now it's Sunday afternoon and the bloody thread is locked because I didn't keep track of deadlines. I'm really sorry it's actually kind of breaking my heart that I'm disappointing Bessie.

(at this point I realised I could have been lynched so I went to check out the lynch result - jimbob - and make sure it wasn't me)

Timezone note: viewtopic.php?p=4254184#p4254184 was posted at 9:41 am Saturday morning, not Saturday afternoon. I study/have nice breakfast with family/do housework on Saturday mornings so I am not available then, FWIW. It turns out that was also when the deadline was, and my computer overheated and was in pieces being sprayed with canned air during deadline. Not that I probably would have checked anyway because when my computer overheated I was working on an assignment (designated study time!), but I digress. Point is, because I didn't keep track of it, I was never going to be around on the deadline.

So, given there's talk of a massclaim AND it looks like we potentially have enough active people to activate my power today. My first power is I get to block one person from voting. I'll accept underline votes for who I should block from voting tomorrow night. I will then probably-but-not-guaranteed (purely to keep scum guessing) block the first or second vote getter from voting. Up to y'all if it's worth the votes. If it's not I'll keep being VT I guess.

Happy to claim my other two powers, but I am pretty sure that people aren't going to think it's worth the distraction.

Aside about my feelings, especially directed to EGW, but probably others: it really hurts my feelings when you call me "it" and refer to me in a dehumanising way (as a/the slot, etc). I know you don't intend this, so can I please ask that you refrain from it? I am happy for you to say the same things (stump her, stop wasting her slot, etc), just using human pronouns. I made a whole aside post in the gojoe thread about how my very fragile feelings are being hurt in this game, and I deserve a lot of it for being a bad player (though I NEVER EVER would have signed up for a game with this pace in a MILLION years if I'd known), but please treat me with more dignity than you have been. I know I'm probably overreacting but it's hopefully a pretty humble request.

========

CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)
Mpolo: bus driver (switch Zyth/amrock N1)
Zyth: comparison cop: request someone else to send the names and gets to comapre alignments (N0 target Sabrar, N1 target EGW)
Laserguy: Miller
Plytho: can chat iwth anyone who votes with him (claimed by LaserGuy)

(Zyth claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)

FLIPS
<to be done when I have time, which isn't now>
PW: Mason cop (1 shot)
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:59 am UTC

I'm pro-massclaim but that's my playstyle. I agree that scum probably have weak fake claims.

I forget - are we being informed about MYLO/etc?

The people who I have been most willing to lynch have all been DBGames players, which I think shows I have some serious biases in my thinking as it is very unlikely there aren't xkcders amongst the scum (cf moody). So I am not really willing to trust my past lynch-allowing behaviour.

=================

CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)

FLIPS
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)
Zyth: Targeted Maven with hidden message. From the journal it looks like it's a cop varient that takes 3 nights to give 2 results? https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote: Madge self stumping is essentially an approval vote side lynch. (note to self that'd be an awesome mechanic). I vote against her self-stumping, she is clearly barely reading the thread, but she is also so willing to self-sacrifice. I don't believe she is being coached by scum, and as an indy she wouldn't have volunteered to hug the bomb. (she did do that right, I'm not miss-remembering?)

For what feels like the hundredth time, I’d like to know where this Martyr Madge idea is coming from. It’s a safe offer to make a few days before deadline, just like her D1 offer to hammer, which she conveniently had to rescind after she (supposedly) finally read her role pm (and who actually believes she did not notice the words tree stump on her initial read?). Was she actually there at deadline on D2 (or D3 for that matter)? No, she was just a little bit late.

Evil George Washington wrote:Madge I have a problem with not doing anything especially when it comes to claims. Bessie, I am interested in how this affects your read on Madge.

I have been pointing out her unwillingness to do anything whatsoever that wasn’t directly related to herself since D2. I have the same read on Madge that I have had since D2. Some of bessie's thoughts on Madge compiled in a single post:

Spoiler:
Here.
bessie wrote: Madge, I really don’t like this. You have discussed almost nothing except yourself for this entire game and a few hours before deadline, after multiple assurances that you will be available to hammer at deadline, you tell us that you can’t hammer because you just now read your role pm carefully?

Here.
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:Whoever asked me how I can prove I become a tree stump if I kill anyone: let me hammer, turn me into a tree stump, and then when I try to vote my vote won't get counted. It's an irreversible way to test part of my claim, admittedly, but it'll beat y'all mislynching me. (Also, I guess it means I can hammer GLaDOS at the same time if you want me to prove it, since I would be the least valuable townie in that situation since I won't have any pro-town powers in future).
Not necessarily. What will make you the least valuable townie is if you refuse to scumhunt of contribute any useful content. Like, if all your posts are like this:
Madge wrote:I don't even know. Wine with moody and jimbob, zyth, glados... so much to keep track of. Add to that that there's people like EGW that I've never played with before and don't know how to read (again, who am i kidding, I don't know how to read anyone).

Here.
bessie wrote: But without the claim, do you think Madge could get away with this?
Madge wrote:I don't even know. Wine with moody and jimbob, zyth, glados... so much to keep track of. Add to that that there's people like EGW that I've never played with before and don't know how to read (again, who am i kidding, I don't know how to read anyone).
She’s given an excuse to not even try, and is taking it for granted that her claim is enough to keep her alive.

Here.
bessie wrote:Madge
Right from the start Madge gives excuses for not scum hunting. She is suspicious for changing her claims. D1 for the late treestump/hammer revelation. D2 for the Amrock voting thing. She lets Sabrar defend her (and to a lesser extent BoomFrog), and perhaps because of this she is now too secure in believing she is safe from the lynch. She is at least using it as an opportunity to get away without scumhunting, because she believes Sabrar will not allow her to be lynched.

Here.
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:I liked plytho's post. I think he raises a good point: maybe we should lynch a lurker today. It'll be more FUN in the following days if we have actual people to talk about rather than vanished lurkers.

True to my nature at this point I want to claim what my first power is so people can decide if it's even worth trying to activate it after D3 (at this point tbh with all the lurkers I don't think it is going to be worth it ever), but given I apparently claim too early I will keep it quiet. But I don't think I will be able to effectively use any of my powers. I'm happy to continue playing as disgruntled VT until such time as I die. I think scum isn't going to kill me because I suck at scumhunting and because my power isn't activated.

I don’t think that’s the reason scum probably isn’t going to kill you. I think scum is probably not going to waste their kill on someone who has absolutely no interest in scum hunting.

Here.
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote: Uggh I hate this game so long! What's this about diary? Someone's got a diary we can read if they die? Is that's what's happening? I am going to be relying heavily on the inevitable giant tables full of everyones' claims just F everyone's I.
My feeling is that Madge is making up an excuse for not scum hunting. She is implying that she would help out if we had some results, but so far in this game she has done nothing to help town, and everything she has done is in her own self-interest. Madge made that post to appear she is trying to be helpful, but she's not.

Here.
bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Madge - She was too willing to hammer the bomb D2 (see this post). I don't see this coming from scum (jester, yes, scum, no). Now that I think about it, this point also makes me doubt my possible indie read of her, unless it's a win condition that can be achieved whilst being dead (which I doubt, because indie!Madge would surely be tied to her half-lynched ability/role/thing).
Where did anyone actually see Madge attempt to do some of these things she’s being given credit for doing? She conveniently wasn’t even around at the end of D2 until after the hammer fell.

Madge wrote:Why do people want me to hammer? Is it just to prove the tree stump thing? I would ask to be mislynched instead (because face it, it's probably the ONLY WAY people will believe I'm town), except for the obvious fact that my mislynch would prevent a possible scum lynch. Even so, you're still effectively mislynching me because you are all talking about how useless my reads/etc are, so why make me limp through the game as a powerless tree stump? I'll still do my best because I'm 55 pages in and I'll be damned if I let a grudge hurt town, but it's not like it's going to have 0 impact on my motivation levels, you know?
You don’t need to tree stump yourself to prove your towniness. You could like, scumhunt or something, instead of continuing to emphasize your worthlessness (because I know you’re not incapable of being brilliant).

Madge wrote:Not going to do a D3 vote analysis yet or maybe at all. My read on Sabrar is that he hasn't made a claim that could contradict anything, but he could be defending me because he's scum wanting townie points for defending a (basically useless) townie. Neutral/townie.
:roll:

Here.
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:Oooo a question that's not about reads but about actual claims and stuff!!! I can do this!!!!!! Firstly did I miss jimbob's claim? The claims list I try to put at the bottom of each of my posts is not just a decoration, please help me keep it up to date: in a game this size stuff gets missed.

Secondly, I can't do it now, Later. dinner to cook.
So Madge never came back to this? What a surprise.

Here.
bessie wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote: Would like to see Madge do what she promised.
I don’t think it’s going to happen. This is the least interested I have ever seen Madge in actually contributing to a game.

Here.
bessie wrote:7 to lynch? If we get to 6 maybe Madge can hammer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

My read on Madge: I don't think she is town. Madge is really quite clever, and when she is town she always does something to contribute to scum hunting, even if she is busy or sick she makes a point to contribute something small.

Ninja'd by Madge. Madge, I've been so tough on you because I know town!Madge can do better. Sorry if it sounds like I'm harassing you. And note to everyone, I know that no one is trying to be hurtful on purpose, so please try to be respectful of everyone's feelings.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 am UTC

plytho wrote: My bessie interactions at that point were unpleasant and unfruitful. I didn't want a copy of that in chat. I figured I could at least talk with LaserGuy.

plytho wrote:If you are for some unfathomable reason nightkilled I can keep my evil useless chat to uselessly chat with bessie. Good thing you prevented that.

Spoiler:
sad bessie.jpg
sad bessie.jpg (70.89 KiB) Viewed 1348 times

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 am UTC

My role PM doesn't contain the words tree stump, it says i'll no longer be able to vote or use abilities, and my role PM is somewhat long with a list of my 3 abilities, and I read the "oh I can't hammer" as an idle curiosity because I didn't consider it likely that I'd be called upon to, so it didn't stick in my mind.

Town Madge does better when she doesn't have to read some 90 pages of content. It's not happening. I'm sorry. I want nothing more than to quit this game because of how stressful it is to keep up whilst having people screaming at me for not keeping up ENOUGH, but I know if I quit the result is modkill, so I'm staying on because it's better than nothing since you still have a town result.

If it looks like I'm going to be lynched today I might quit though since it's better for me to quit than waste a lynch.

I'm not under any circumstances hammering (okay, unless the alternative is NL). I've had enough of this game, the only way I'm going out is in a body bag.

=================

CLAIMS

FLIPS
Zyth: Targeted Maven with hidden message. From the journal it looks like it's a cop varient that takes 3 nights to give 2 results? https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:44 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I've gone back and forth in claiming. I think scum have been avoiding certain targets because they are trying to avoid the doctor and bus driver. If we claim we help them keep picking good targets. We may have a real cop or doctor out there.

On the other hand scum have had really weak fake claims so far so I think we should go for it.

Which scum fake claimed? I don't remember seeing any except SirG.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:45 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote: @bessie: I have your post tucked away and will answer it later but this all seemed more urgent and I need to get back to work. If you could divide your posts (once they are done) by player you are focusing on, then post those sections as separate posts it would make quote replying easier for phone posters like me (and Red).

Original post here.

Spoiler:
bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: Yes. Although he backed off because he was upsetting you AND because it was hurting your ability to scum hunt. He tried to back off, you reeled him back into it. He said "I'll wait on my questions" you said, "ask them now". And yes, I think he is self aware about what he was doing. It was the focal point of his game in fridge. In this game, when I challenged him about acting the same as in fridge he replied, "Well after this game it will be my townie meta".
I think you’re mistaken. Read just his and my posts to see who is reeling in who. What makes you think he was trying to back off? Because he said this (Sept 22, 10:06 am UTC)?
plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote: Stop trying to continue the back and forth with bessie when the points have already been summed up. It doesn't look genuine any more.
I made my final point (+why I continued), consider it stopped.
A little more than two hours earlier he said this (Sept 22, 7:42 am UTC):
plytho wrote: I don't want to drop this because I feel very strongly that this is a townie thing to do and I will keep doing it in future games. I want to talk this out so you know where I'm coming from next time I do something like this.
I pointed this out here. And he still continued with the same questions, see this post. If you care to read through some of our exchanges, you’ll see that I was responding to him, because if I didn’t respond to everything he posted asking me why I was avoiding answering his questions.

And you’re misrepresenting the “I’ll wait on the questions” event. plytho said he had some responses for me but wanted wait to post them until after I completed my reads here, so as not to distract me. I told him to go ahead and post them here, because I wouldn’t be completing my reads until he was asleep, and if he waited to post his questions I would be asleep and wouldn’t see them in time to respond (Monday morning not good, working all day, home close to deadline Monday night, plytho is in Europe, 9 hours ahead of me). He posted his questions in a spoiler, I finished my reads, then I responded to plytho here, (end of day). You make it sound like I was provoking him with “ask them now”, where this was actually just us working with our time zones to make sure we had time to cover anything. You’re deliberately misrepresenting what happened in this particular instance and painting me as aggressive in a rare situation where I wasn’t.

By the way, you declaring that he backed off to spare my feelings gets it in print for everyone to see, but it doesn’t make it true. And your response makes me more skeptical of your plytho soulread and your motives (see also: Madge).

BoomFrog wrote: don't know from what perspective this question makes sense. I think it was the all caps call to action literally with my name on it. How is that not clear? We're you being sarcastic?

Refer to this post for context. Yes. Sarcastic my meta. Read the spoiler in this post.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:08 am UTC

Order for mass claim:

Ryu
Boom
FrozenFlame
MPOLO
Madge
Laser
Sabrar
Plytho
EGW
Bessie

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:39 am UTC

I guess I've never been in the receiving end of the Bessie snark before...

@LaserGuy: Sir G had a weak fake claim, Gamma had no fake claim, and Moody didn't try to claim. Also other OS games scum only got a list of fake names but no fake powers, so scum probably don't have good claims. Therefore mass claim makes sense.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 am UTC

@Bessie: do you approve of the order?

@EGW: could you answer my other question please? It will prove fruitful. Normally I'd trawl through the thread and compose the lists myself, but compromise is the sister of invention.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:54 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:While we get this organized I'd like to play another fun little game. I like everybody's to say who they have demonstratably been willing to lynch on a previous Day. I can only actually claim Red. I've defended FF and LaserGuy and haven't been strong on plytho either.

From which days do you want? Does this include those you have voted for?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I guess I've never been in the receiving end of the Bessie snark before...

@LaserGuy: Sir G had a weak fake claim, Gamma had no fake claim, and Moody didn't try to claim.

Right. We've only seen one fake claim so far. That's why I'm confused about why you wrote this:

BoomFrog wrote:On the other hand scum have had really weak fake claims so far so I think we should go for it.

Which implies that we've seen more than one.

For your question, of living players I've had votes on plytho and FrozenFlame, and have also indicated I would be okay with lynching Red Ryu, and, at one point, EGW.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:09 am UTC

Hello Sabrar. Thoughts on the order?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:While we get this organized I'd like to play another fun little game. I like everybody's to say who they have demonstratably been willing to lynch on a previous Day. I can only actually claim Red. I've defended FF and LaserGuy and haven't been strong on plytho either.

From which days do you want? Does this include those you have voted for?

All days before toDay. Anyone you have seriously voted for, not just a test vote or posturing. Voted with true desire to lynch at that moment.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:15 am UTC

@LaserGuy: You're right, I was still thinking of JimBob as fake claiming, but I just generally mean it seems clear scum don't have fake power claims.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:For your question, of living players I've had votes on plytho and FrozenFlame, and have also indicated I would be okay with lynching Red Ryu, and, at one point, EGW.

If others had voted with you would you have really lynched EGW at that time?

Return to “Mafia”