Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3 | 10/06

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:10 am UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:2 1/2 hours?

Get in here, talk to me.

About what mr dr mario?

@EGW: Why no reaction to this. If you'd gotten a note from Dr. Mario you would have known this was actually a claim. Why not put Red later in the massclaim order? Or call off the massclaim since we had a confirmed doctor?

None of your actions makes sense. You've been riding your credit for being active and being on the moody lynch all game. You were on the spak and the gamma lynch, and you let JimBob happen, and FF is almost certainly town too, but you wanted to go for that easy low hanging fruit. Your Spak-Zen theory was based on nothing, your Sabrar attack was based on nothing. And as soon as Zen is dead and can't defend me you're ready to lynch me.

Vote: Evil George Washington
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/16

Postby Sabrar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:10 am UTC

I asked the mod on Thursday to confirm whether the jailed target gets a notification because there was some 1% ambiguity in how the wording was phrased. It's a simple yes/no question but I still haven't received a reply despite him reading it more than a day ago. I have no actual way of verifying it but I'm certain that mod-mistake happened exactly as Madge described (and actually think some sort of mod-confirmation is in order).
Back to sleep.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:12 am UTC

Madge wrote:Also, show me someone else who is being called "it" or "that slot". It's a horrible way to speak about somebody who is trying her best.

Madge, I understand you’re upset at the “slot” references, but I think it’s just convention on their site, and the DGamers have used this term in previous games.

Spoiler:
The Dark Tower

Here.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote: jimbob has been justifying Carlington's play lately in a way that I just do NOT comprehend from a townie perspective considering the general dislike towards the slot. We also know that jimbob has self-admittedly been looking out for peoples' roles (I did the same with Zyth, but meta played a large part on my end) which is obviously helpful towards scum. Either jimbob is especially skilled at reading Carlington while no one else is (this may be the case, I don't know), or he has some information that the rest of us don't to either keep his hands free of a slot strongly disliked or a scumbuddy.

Here.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote: Then we potentially throw the game because we banked it on a slot that almost no one has read as town?

Here.
#HBC | Zyth wrote: I tried rereading his posts, but I still don't know what to think of the slot.

Here.
FrozenFlame wrote: Look at that phrasing. Lots of hedging. "I think" and "at the moment" particularly. It's like there's no soul to this slot. Just feels like he's going through the motions and isn't invested in really scumhunting. Could be mistaking apathetic town here but it doesn't feel that way.

Shakespeare III Mafia

Here.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:I'm going to use the following jimbob/Sabrar reads lists to remind you that, no, the Znirk/Sabrar slot is not townie.

Here.
DGames | Bard wrote:Well, considering the nature of Bessie's vote ability (unless I'm completely misinterpreting this), which seems to be that they can vote prior to the day starting (among perhaps more qualities, but I am not here to phish), they must reveal themselves in order to use the ability (or perhaps its by force, I can't say for certain). Of course, attention and scrutiny will immediately be brought to their slot as a result, which in my opinion is not something a scum-aligned slot would want (it also makes them potentially dangerous for an end-game situation if they are not trusted). When you compare this to the other vote manipulation mechanic at play, to my understanding, whoever is responsible for that vote is not in a position to be scrutinized because their name has yet to be revealed to us.

Ninja'd, back in a bit.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 am UTC

huh, whaddayaknow. I'm really glad it's not out of hostility to me and it's just a terrible thing they apparently do on the reg.

But in no uncertain terms, do not freaking talk about me that way ever again.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:36 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@EGW: Why no reaction to this. If you'd gotten a note from Dr. Mario you would have known this was actually a claim. Why not put Red later in the massclaim order? Or call off the massclaim since we had a confirmed doctor?

Mod clarified N3 that he actually sent that to me N2. So at the time I thought it was a joke in reference to my Dr. Mario main.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:43 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:None of your actions makes sense. You've been riding your credit for being active and being on the moody lynch all game. You were on the spak and the gamma lynch, and you let JimBob happen, and FF is almost certainly town too, but you wanted to go for that easy low hanging fruit. Your Spak-Zen theory was based on nothing, your Sabrar attack was based on nothing. And as soon as Zen is dead and can't defend me you're ready to lynch me.

You don't sound like you believe in what you are saying. I think if you were really sorting me you wouldn't say this nonsense. You were also on the Spak and Gamma lynch. You pushed for Jim, at the time I didn't want either you or Jim to go, so I pushed towards FF. Spak-Zen was based on Paranioa, Sabrar on speculation (which came out to be true, he is Megaman). I have had problems with you all game, Boom. Most telling is your EOD D3. I think you are scum that is digging his heals in. Your push on me doesn't make sense, nor does your mindset towards Ryu make sense as Watcher who got no result from Ryu apparently.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@EGW: Why no reaction to this. If you'd gotten a note from Dr. Mario you would have known this was actually a claim. Why not put Red later in the massclaim order? Or call off the massclaim since we had a confirmed doctor?

Mod clarified N3 that he actually sent that to me N2. So at the time I thought it was a joke in reference to my Dr. Mario main.

That's convenient... But that doesn't explain why you still put him first in claims. Why didn't that mod confirmation of a doctor change your opinion of his alignment?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 am UTC

I thought it was too good to be true, balance wise. I also thought it was likely a scum fake claim, as it seemed like Red was trying to save a buddy alongside with you D3 EOD. That's why I had him first, and you second.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:None of your actions makes sense. You've been riding your credit for being active and being on the moody lynch all game. You were on the spak and the gamma lynch, and you let JimBob happen, and FF is almost certainly town too, but you wanted to go for that easy low hanging fruit. Your Spak-Zen theory was based on nothing, your Sabrar attack was based on nothing. And as soon as Zen is dead and can't defend me you're ready to lynch me.

You don't sound like you believe in what you are saying. I think if you were really sorting me you wouldn't say this nonsense. You were also on the Spak and Gamma lynch. You pushed for Jim, at the time I didn't want either you or Jim to go, so I pushed towards FF. Spak-Zen was based on Paranioa, Sabrar on speculation (which came out to be true, he is Megaman). I have had problems with you all game, Boom. Most telling is your EOD D3. I think you are scum that is digging his heals in. Your push on me doesn't make sense, nor does your mindset towards Ryu make sense as Watcher who got no result from Ryu apparently.

Ryu is confirmed doctor and too many people want him lynched. You've confirmed Red visited you, if he's lying then your lying too. You are not thinking about this from a town perspective.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:53 am UTC

Who are my scum buddies?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:58 am UTC

Yes I am. You haven't explained why my actions don't make sense and the scum motivation to come from them (over the town motivation). You don't actually listen to what I say [Telepathy Discussion]. What is the scum motivation for pushing Ryu over you? What is the town motivation for it? Which is more likely in your eyes?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:07 am UTC

What part didn't I listen to about telepathy? You said you considered it useless and ignored it. Town!EGW would have thought of a use for it during his long actions nights.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:What part didn't I listen to about telepathy? You said you considered it useless and ignored it. Town!EGW would have thought of a use for it during his long actions nights.

I think you saying that is a stretch. I genuinely never found a use for it. It does make sense for me to save my actions for later, that's the smarter play, especially with having one shot of each. I'd rather preserve them over using them too quickly. I'm not the type to think up some plan of a player crumbing their result to me. (Although that does sound good) Also not the type to crumb or look for crumbs.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:21 am UTC

Madge, who is scum? Top 3 please.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:40 am UTC

You pushing Red over me doesn't make sense either. You should belive the mod confirmed doctor over an unconfirmable watcher claim.

You've avoided my biggest question: who are my scum buddies? Even saying, "I don't know, I didn't think that though yet" would have been a townie answer.

Why haven't you asked me who I think your buddies are? (plytho and mpolo/Sabrar btw)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:58 am UTC

I pushed for Red because I thought he was the most likely scum, and I want to get a scum lynch today, putting my neck on the line to achieve scum, while others give Ryu the benefit of the doubt for his claim. Compare that to your actions towards Ryu, which keeps your neck safe while also planting a seed of doubt on Ryu at the same time. That's suspicious, and scum mindset. I'm still working on my Top 3 (Already told Sabrar that), so I have no answer for the buddies thing. I haven't asked you who you think my buddies are, because I don't care about that as much as your individual actions. What I do know is that it's between Ryu and Boom today, and I'm leaning towards you. I don't think you want to consider the town motivation, you don't even state it. (Yet I give it to you)

Vote: Boomfrog

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Madge, who is scum? Top 3 please.

I want this as well with reasoning.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:02 am UTC

Sabrar, any word on your third Top 3?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 am UTC

Madge wrote: I'm confused about this kerfuffle about my initial post and a link with boomfrog and apparently something about me being clever (you know how to stroke my ego...)? I missed something, but what?
TBH, I’m not sure what Sabrar’s and BoomFrog’s magic meta read was in your initial post, but I don’t do that type of meta read. My evaluation of your cleverness is based upon what I have observed of you in general, and specifically as your scum partner in Smalltown PYP. And I’m questioning why Sabrar thinks you need BoomFrog to coach you.

Madge wrote: Mod didn't answer my question about how many times I need the votes to be activated. Given I am actually jailed I'm not sure if it matters, but I will ask again anyway..
I wanted this answer, but not for the reason you think I wanted it. And the answer doesn’t matter that much anymore because I have some information from your reaction. You don’t know how your power is activated, well, I’ve misinterpreted my role pm in the past too, more than once. But I don’t believe that you received a power that you believed had to be activated by getting votes three times, and that the power when used limits the number of votes available, and you didn’t even question or ask for clarification about this very improbable requirement? Needing to get votes to get the next power, while having to use a vote block to get the next power didn’t raise any red flags for you? And Sabrar, you don’t think this is odd?

Madge wrote: FOR REAL? I have a fucking life outside of this forum and apparently that's not allowed? I decide that I should check in and post before I start on my assignment (I work full time and am doing a degree on the side, so I AM BUSY, okay?), and I am greeted with people giving me shit for not being online when I said I wouldn't be online? Are you guys for real?
Madge, I understand you’re busy, but you’re ignoring that you’re being attacked for quantity and content. For example, this post.
Madge wrote: Timezone note: viewtopic.php?p=4254184#p4254184 was posted at 9:41 am Saturday morning, not Saturday afternoon. I study/have nice breakfast with family/do housework on Saturday mornings so I am not available then, FWIW. It turns out that was also when the deadline was, and my computer overheated and was in pieces being sprayed with canned air during deadline. Not that I probably would have checked anyway because when my computer overheated I was working on an assignment (designated study time!), but I digress. Point is, because I didn't keep track of it, I was never going to be around on the deadline.
Ok, you aren’t always going to be on line, you don’t need to be, and that’s not the point. It’s that your attitude is anti town. You weren’t voting at the end of D3, and it looks like you never intended to vote. You aren’t even concerned about the majority lynch requirement, and how difficult if might be to get a lynch at end of day.

Note, when I made the post you linked to, I meant that it would be noon for you at deadline, not at the time I made the post. You mentioned on D1 that deadline was during your lunch break, and deadline has been at the same time every day (midnight UTC-4).

Madge, I’m sorry if you think I am harassing you, it’s nothing personal. I’m reading you as scum based on the content you have posted.

Top three: BoomFrog, Madge, TBD

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:13 am UTC

Originally it was BoomFrog because I thought I must have been roleblocked so his claim had to be false. Or it could have been Madge for lying about getting jailed (though she still only comes after BF).
Now I'm less sure. The thing that's still troubling me is that both of them claimed Vig-liked powers when Vig has already flipped. I could see one of them being true but both does not seem correct.
Yeah, I'll stick BoomFrog as my third for now but need a re-read of your recent discussion with him.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:15 am UTC

I believe it's possible she was jailed as her explanation lines up with mine for not receiving a note N2 but actually receiving clarification N3 I was supposed to get it N2. How does that factor into your read?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:19 am UTC

Sabrar: What do you think of Bessie's response to Madge? Do you agree or disagree with it? Why?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:24 am UTC

bessie wrote:TBH, I’m not sure what Sabrar’s and BoomFrog’s magic meta read was in your initial post, but I don’t do that type of meta read.
bessie commented on both of my meta-posts regarding Madge (main one concerning initial post is here), so I don't understand this comment.
The rest is absolutely fine, her points regarding Madge's content (or rather lack of thereof) are valid.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 am UTC

Boomfrog: Can you go into your read on Sabrar and MPOLO?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 am UTC

mpolo because why else would you order him to not use his power and he'd listen to you. Sabrar because your fight D3 was so fake and flimsy. It was over after like an hour.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 am UTC

I'm asking for your individual reads on their actions, not interactions with me. Their whole play, what is your reads on them?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Sabrar because your fight D3 was so fake and flimsy. It was over after like an hour.
Except you're forgetting that Zen had to step in and make the exact same points I made in order to EGW to drop it.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I pushed for Red because I thought he was the most likely scum, and I want to get a scum lynch today, putting my neck on the line to achieve scum, while others give Ryu the benefit of the doubt for his claim. Compare that to your actions towards Ryu, which keeps your neck safe while also planting a seed of doubt on Ryu at the same time. That's suspicious, and scum mindset. I'm still working on my Top 3 (Already told Sabrar that), so I have no answer for the buddies thing. I haven't asked you who you think my buddies are, because I don't care about that as much as your individual actions. What I do know is that it's between Ryu and Boom today, and I'm leaning towards you. I don't think you want to consider the town motivation, you don't even state it. (Yet I give it to you)

Vote: Boomfrog

For red to be scum he has to be a ninja note forger. Do you understand how contrived that explination is? Do you understand how contrived all your theories have been? Do you do this as town too?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:53 am UTC

I do that as town, yes.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 am UTC

Can you answer me about your reads on Sabrar and MPOLO?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@jimbob I forgot to say last post: I agree, reading you and Moody as buddies was lazy. You were both scummy but there's no way we ended up with two scum buddies as the lunch candidates D1 in a 20 man game. I was just looking at you two individually, be not actually considering the ramifications of you both being scum.

@BoomFrog - Please explain this comment now, given your current stance on me.

BoomFrog, I'd like to hear your response to jimbob's post here, particularly the comment above.

Evil George Washington wrote:Vote BoomFrog

@EGW: Why was Zen killed?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:03 am UTC

Possibly due to his claim and his response to Boom being late for deadline. So it keeps us in the dark about the results he could get considering that he wanted Ryu to send Boom and himself. Quotes in next post.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:03 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Boom, you played me well. Good ****.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Potential doc, no need to protect me. My results will be saved even if I die. Protect someone more valuable.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Ruy was my target, don't block him. Hopefully he'll send me Boom and himself.

Goodnight.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 am UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Why are people voting still if it's past hammer?

@Bessie: No I really didn't know exactly when deadline is. I play when I can find the time and I lay down serious votes early. I don't understand why there were any last minute shenanigans.

You were very much aware of when the deadline was the past two lynches.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Boom during Spak lynch: Oh me yarm guys, who do we vote!?! We're running out of time!

Boom during the jim lynch: Oh, the deadline passed? Oh my. *sips tea*

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:09 am UTC

Sabrar, did you re-read the discussion between Boom and myself? What did you glean from it?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Potential BoomFrog buddies: Madge, LaserGuy (although this is possibly something else?), potentially FrozenFlame but I'd have to reread. I won't have time for that today.

Madge actually being jailed removes some confusion. Either BoomFrog was actually blocked by Yolinda or scum decided it was fine to fake it. Makes BoomFrog look worse.
he him his

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:13 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Possibly due to his claim and his response to Boom being late for deadline. So it keeps us in the dark about the results he could get considering that he wanted Ryu to send Boom and himself. Quotes in next post.

Zen's claim was fake. He wasn't a comparison cop. See Post 8 of his journal. Whatever comparison Zen would produce would have been one he invented himself based on his own reads.

As I told you in chat, if scum has knowledge of the setup, then I think BoomFrog's watcher results can be faked perfectly. Otherwise, I think this would be a very high risk maneouver for scum!Boom to attempt. But if they have sufficient knowledge for that, they would also have to know that Zen's claim was fake. Zen then makes for an... odd... choice for the kill. I dislike trying to guess scum's motivations for kills as a whole, but Zen was BoomFrog's strongest--arguably only--real ally and advocate this game. I wouldn't kill someone who had been townreading me all game at this point if I were BoomFrog.

BoomFrog wrote:And as soon as Zen is dead and can't defend me you're ready to lynch me.

This I find believable.

BoomFrog wrote:@LaserGuy: My lynch is looking likely, anything important to say

Um...? If you're hoping that I have something in my back pocket to confirm you as town, I'm afraid I don't have much help to offer in that respect. For some time I had been reading your buddy-buddy interactions with Zen as you guys softclaiming masons. I'm still trying to sort out my read of you without that.

plytho wrote:Either BoomFrog was actually blocked by Yolinda or scum decided it was fine to fake it. Makes BoomFrog look worse.

How do you figure? If BoomFrog was blocked by Yolinda, he's likely town.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:20 am UTC

Laser I think you forget that Zen was turning on Boom in EOD. He was his ally, but since his scumreads were exhausted (Spak, Jim) it would be likely Zen might push Boom today. I also ask you: Why do you think Maven was killed N1?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am UTC

Note to self: Read pages 77 to 81.

Yesterday was pretty crazy -- no free periods, and we went to a concert with the students in the evening, getting back just before midnight. I'll be away for at least a few more hours now, but should be able to catch up then.

Vote: plytho

Unvote
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:38 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Laser I think you forget that Zen was turning on Boom in EOD. He was his ally, but since his scumreads were exhausted (Spak, Jim) it would be likely Zen might push Boom today. I also ask you: Why do you think Maven was killed N1?

RR and I were Zen's strongest scumreads. He had us both as more likely scum than jimbob in his last readlist, and had plytho tied with jimbob.

On Maven, could just be he was obvtown.

Return to “Mafia”