Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

LaserGuy

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/16

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:If Laser is scum, then they cannot target Frozen. Unless scum can target their own scum mates, then this makes the switch moot) I'm trying to make it so MPOLO can work as a doctor as well, not sure of the best way to do that. We will also know what exactly MPOLO will be doing at night so it allows us to plan around it without him messing things up.

Mpolo flips a coin during the night. He swaps RR and Madge. Tails he swaps RR and Frozen. If scum targets RR, it gets redirected to either Madge (immune) or Frozen.

You can flip a coin and roleblock me on heads if it makes you feel better.

I'm not sure why you think scum!me would bother killing Frozen.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:16 am UTC

Would the switch still work while Madge is jailed? :?:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:30 am UTC

Why not just switch RR and Madge? Can scum still get to RR if they target Madge? If so, then the coin flip might be a good idea.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 am UTC

I think coin-flip is usually better than to reveal to scum who exactly will be protected if there are too many targets.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 am UTC

Night Plan Redux:

1. Red Ryu protects one of [EGW / Sabrar / Bessie]

2. MPOLO switches one of [ {Red Ryu and Laser}, {Red Ryu and Frozen Flame} ]

3. Plytho, Target Bessie.

4. Frozen Flame, do nothing.

5. Bessie, do nothing.

6. Sabrar, use your best judgement. If Boom flips Scum Watcher, watch one of [Red Ryu / MPOLO], If Boom flips town watcher, watch one of [MPOLO, Plytho]. If Boom flips another role, use your best judgement and work around the plan.

7. Madge, do nothing. You can't do anything because you are jailed anyway.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 am UTC

Speak says jailed after is immune to all actions, so swapping to Madge might not do anything.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 am UTC

I’m not a huge fan of night action planning (Sabrar can confirm). Reasons include:
1. Scum probably lied about their powers so the plan is already flawed.
2. Scum could be the planner (especially dangerous with day chat, since scum can coordinate to revise the plan if someone objects).
3. The plan sometimes requires a person to take one for the team, so that person (and others including scum partners or townies) may be unwilling to cooperate.

I’m not a huge fan of this particular plan, because it involves me being visited by one of my scum reads. :|

That said I’m willing to do my part and not use my power (I would also be willing to use it if anyone wants to confirm my claim). Since I do not have a targeted night action my cooperation isn’t needed anyway. I do recommend having options for everyone (including plytho :) ).

plytho, you don’t need to target me unless you want to, and I assure you that won’t hold it against you if you don’t (I was just teasing you when I made this post :P ). Since this is unconfirmed chat, me joining your chat isn’t going to influence my (town or scum) read of you anyway.

LaserGuy, I would still like an answer to the question in this post.
bessie wrote:LaserGuy
Re Znirk, see this post.
LaserGuy wrote:Educated guess. I read the role and figured it was probably similar to mine--two unrelated powers.
What do you think Znirk’s two powers are based on his role name?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 am UTC

Spak. Not speak.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 am UTC

I want you in the chat so you can see what they said in chat and it might help your read of what they are doing or not doing in chat.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:05 am UTC

I think planning is good because it forces people to react to it (especially scum). It helps us all move as one unit instead of a bunch of roles in town doing random things. This helps us become organized and it can help us figure out clues within the plan if things go wrong. Townies should be willing to cooperate for the greater good. That way if someone does not cooperate we can deduce they are scum. If a person is townie and is uncomfortable with the plan, they must speak up, give critique and a better suggestion, and a reason as to why it is good for town.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 am UTC

I can confirm that bessie doesn't like it when I make plans and prefers to threaten me with NK instead to force me to scum-hunt despite knowing that it's not my forté.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:10 am UTC

Oh, ok. I don't have any objections to being added to plytho's chat (or not).

Sabrar wrote:I can confirm that bessie doesn't like it when I make plans and prefers to threaten me with NK instead to force me to scum-hunt despite knowing that it's not my forté.

Still one of my favorite games. :mrgreen:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 am UTC

I had a feeling Bessie may have had a disagreement with planning. I just feel like it's something we must do in a role madness game.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:20 am UTC

I have no immediate objections to the plan (as there are some options), but I am going to think it over carefully and see if I can find any flaws.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:23 am UTC

Sounds good. In the meantime, I want Boom to give his final reads list.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 am UTC

Bessie, why do you disagree with my Laser read? Can you go into Frozenflame and Red Ryu?

Madge

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/10

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:11 am UTC

Just realised deadline is passed, I'm posting my readslist even though I just finished p82 at time of writing this, don't want mod to call day off.

===

So, I got an answer to my question about the number of times I need to reach N/2 and the mod didn't understand the question so the answer was just giving me information I already knew, so I've rephrased. more on this situation as it develops.

Vote: Plytho

Unvote: Plytho

Just in case.

Reads list, scummiest at top:

note bad claim often means "suspiciously convenient" or scummy in utlitity and could well still be a true claim, and I am basing my reads 98.5% on claim and 1.5% on dimly remembered actual content

People with bad claims that I'm therefore willing to lynch:
Frozenflame (worst)
Boomfrog (2 shot watcher? When we have a 1 shot cop? how are we meant to win this?)
Laserguy (miller and judgement could easily be a scum power)

People with claims that are almost certainly true but that doesn't really help us with their alignment:
Mpolo (scum could have fun with it)
Plytho (if we go really pessimist, the chat could all just be scumchat)
Sabrar (likely town to balance against swingy mislynches/etc?)

Good claims:
Red Ryu (could potentially be a bastard note)

People I believe are likely town for non-claim related reasons:
EGW (don't like the claim one bit but the D1 behaviour is too good to ignore)
Bessie (really not sure where to put her so here she is: decision maker could be useful for scum but it's testable and I think we should test it: just remembered the Peaceful Whale result so she's moved from "good claims" to "likely town")

~~~~

For the record I am not acting with my frustrated posts the other day. I did (and do) feel that way. Trying to keep it together for the good of the game.

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

(spoilered per request, note changes are not marked in any way)

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch); confirms receiving PM she was jailed bySabrar

Mpolo: Miria from Guardian Legend, bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)

Laserguy: Arthas Menethil from Warcraft. town judgment miller. Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to SirG/Amrock via mpolo. acquired chat with plytho on D3 via plytho's power.

Plytho: I'm frisk from undertale. unconfirmed mason recruiter. can only recruit people who voted for him. Recruited Laserguy N2. Recruited either Bessie or EGW N3

EGW: I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1; did receive notification that Dr Mario protected him. Hidden message, Secondary Ability Roleblock. I don't have enough information N0 to use any of my abilities. I'd rather save paralysis for late game when I have more information, before then would be guessing game as to who to use it on and don't want to risk that. Found Barrier being used N1 was the optimal usage since that night I would have the least information since it's the first night.

Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death

BoomFrog: Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator. Twice a game I can watch a player. Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.(N0: withheld; N1: mpolo no result; N2: EGW, no result)

Sabrar: MegaMan - absorbs an ability and can use it the next day. Details: viewtopic.php?p=4255774#p4255774

Frozenflame: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Town Deflector. Can "focus"(not on consecutive nights) to cause all lethal actions to be redirected from self onto target. Target SirG N1, Boomfrog N3 (hinting at good power was to draw scum kill)

Bessie: Town Decision Maker (one shot power, everyone's first vote is permenant for a day)

FLIPS (THESE SHOULD BE EXHAUSTIVE NOW, please let me know if I missed anyone)

MAFIA
moody7277, Reaper (Overwatch), Mafia Know-It-All Wraith lynched D1!
Yolinda, Samus Aran X (Metroid), Mafia Roleblocking Possessor

TOWN
Maven89, Agent 47 (Hitman), Town Guilt-Ridden Vigilante killed N1!
Spak, Steve (Minecraft), Town Jailor, lynched D2!
Znirk, Snake (Metal Gear), Town Unwilling Voteblocker, modkilled D2!
Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2! (Bessie claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)
Zyth: Not 100% sure on power https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF Zyth targeted Sabrar N0, apparently Maven N1, most likely Ryu N2
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

INDIE
Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
[/quote][/quote]
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 am UTC

Deadline is today as in Monday, you are fine.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:13 am UTC

I also want you to know that I'm not trying to hurt your personally. If you felt that way, I'm sorry.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:17 am UTC

Sabrar, I want you to talk to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:18 am UTC

(the deadline is in 24 hours? It's midday for me now on the 16th so I saw the 16th and panicked because I know I'm 12 hours away so I lost track a little)

overall i'm shocked at the lack of investigative roles in the claims..... i would epxect a game this size to give us more to work with

Madge was more active at start of D4 than she has been in previous days, could be because at the end of D3 BoomFrog was starting to look like a viable lynch candidate.

or because there were finally claims and something for me to stick my teeth into?!?!

why is EGW planning out the night's activity? we don't know what scum actually is capable of so keeping in the dark would be best i'd have thought? since nobody else seems to mind I'm probably missing something: is the proposed sequence of events strictly optimal in some way? (oh OK bessie pointed it out too)

@ EGW you and Ryu and others really hurt my feelings. thank you for acknowledging that.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:19 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Sabrar, I want you to talk to me.

What is it you want to know? I have maybe half an hour before my partner wakes up and then I'm off for the day.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:20 am UTC

vote: frozenflame

i'm wondering why a game this size doesn't have more investigative roles. maybe BF is actually telling the truth, even though the role is crappy, it's like our only other half decent investigative role that we've seen :|

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:21 am UTC

Between Frozen and Boom who do you think had more intention to survive the day? What do you think of Boom claiming watcher second in line to Red Ryu?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:22 am UTC

I actually like Madge's vote.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:35 am UTC

Plytho you can answer that question too.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:38 am UTC

At this point FrozenFlame had lots of opportunity to contribute to the game and he still hasn't. I only know him from Dark Tower, I wouldn't have thought that he's a player who is resigned to die but that's somewhat the impression I got from when he talked about narrowly escaping the lynch. I haven't seen BoomFrog as scum either, and he didn't get under a lot of scrutiny in the previous games that I played with him. I would think that if he's scum he already accepted his fate and asked his buddies to bus him but I'm not sure.
Ultimately it depends on whether FrozenFlame can post his promised analysis in a reasonable time. If not I guess that implies that he knows he doesn't have a ground to stand on.

BoomFrog claiming Watcher is interesting, there was definitely a risk involved unless he received it as a false-claim. He said that scum had weak false-claims, probably wanting to show a contrast with his.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:44 am UTC

His actions put him in this situation. I feel he had a result on Ryu that suggests he is scum. His attacks on me and you were weak but is it possible he really believed that? I really dislike his previous EOD's. I just feel like he could have done better this day phase if he were scum. What's really giving me butterflies right now is Laser and FrozenFlame, espcecially Frozen Flame.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:46 am UTC

You want to switch? I totally agree with you about FrozenFlame but is that a good enough reason? Why do you feel like he could have done better? Because he said so?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:49 am UTC

Because he was in thread longer then Frozen Flame and hasn't tried to lurk out. I just feel like in terms of scum motivation, Frozen Flame's lack of action leans towards that much more then Boom has. (Surviving)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 am UTC

By the way if Boom is town I believe the team is [Red Ryu, Frozen Flame, Laser].

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:52 am UTC

I do want to switch.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 am UTC

If BoomFrog is Town then I agree though Ryu's claim is still giving me doubts. Anyway I think FrozenFlame is scum in either scenario so I'm okay with switching.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:55 am UTC

Vote: Frozen Flame

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: FrozenFlame

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Between Frozen and Boom who do you think had more intention to survive the day? What do you think of Boom claiming watcher second in line to Red Ryu?

Hard to say. There was a lot more pressure on BoomFrog today so he has to work harder to survive. I don't feel frozen has been pressured today (up to now).

Boomfrog's claim sounds very plausible. But it is something he can relatively safely claim (as I pointed out before).
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:01 am UTC

Plytho I want you to join us.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:04 am UTC

The reason why I like Madge's vote is because she made her own decision based on claims when she could have joined on Boom. She also makes a good point that we do have few investigative, so BF may be telling the truth according to balance. (Which leads to Ryu scum from his results)

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I haven't voted.

I want your vote on Frozen.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 am UTC

unvote
Vote FrozenFlame
Pronouns: he him his