Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Crossover Mafia | Game!

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:41 am UTC

Crossover Mafia

• Mods: Rajam, #HBC | YOLOSWAG
  • Setup creator: Overswarm
  • Size: Ideally 24. Flexible
  • Speed: Day Phase lasts 5 days, with weekends counting as halftime. Night Phase 48 hours.
  • Bastardry: There are NO Vanilla Roles!
  • Setup: Closed.
  • Flavor: Video games crossover. No need to be familiar with flavor.

Fundamentals
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless otherwise stated in your role PM. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.) If someone is breaking the rules and posting in a Night Phase, please don't be a dink and post saying "don't post in the Night Phase", as I will punish you for that post. Just PM me if you think there is an issue.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to post all conversations in a quick topic. Copy paste instant messages. They're amusing.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
6. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images or text (including color) in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). The same rules apply to hydra logs, masonries, and any other form of non-forum communication.
6a. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. If a player in the game has issues with your text color, you must change it upon request regardless of the reason of said request. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
7. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
8. You must post in English when typing a post.
9. Assuming your role PM does not say otherwise, breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can. These votes may or may not disappear at the end of a phase, depending on the mod's thoughts of you being a repeat offender. Do not break posting restrictions.
10. All the rules in this post are constant, but powers and statements by the mod in a role PM can trump them. If you feel the mod has told you something that conflicts with the rules above, please check with the mod. He will always side with a private communication rather than these rules.
11. Failure to submit a night action will result in NO ACTION taking place.

Voting and Lynching
1a. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Rajam
1b. Do not hide your vote in the middle of a post; make an effort to put it outside of text to help me find them when I'm scanning through the thread. This will prevent MOD errors.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: BoomFrog. You do not have to unvote to switch who you are voting for.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Twilight does not have a predetermined length. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene (including the lynchee's flip) is posted, the game will move to Night.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. Doing so will result in a punishment by the moderator for the following Day. There is a brief window that can be considered an acceptable accident, but forgetting to check the thread before posting is not acceptable. Do not abuse this.

Activity and Deadline
1. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends. If you fail to post regularly, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, please notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. There will be no replacements after D4 has started except in extreme circumstances; if the person can post on xkcd, they won't be replaced. Please remember you can PM me privately to let me know if someone needs to be prodded.
2. We will have strict day cycles set on 5-days in real life, with weekends counting as half-time, i.e., Saturday + Sunday equates to 1 real-life day. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Should a Night last longer than 48 hours, this does not necessarily mean you have extra time to send in a Night action; this will be left up to the moderator's discretion, but do not expect your action to go through.

Special Notes
1a. Many of my games have had specific aspects to them that may or may not be present in this game (time travel, crystals, certain restrictions, etc.); in the case that your role allows you to do an action under a certain condition (post #, restriction-based, post based, etc.) you MUST PM the Mod when you believe this should go into effect. The Mod is not going to read every post in the game looking for something that benefits you specifically, so do your part to make sure it goes into effect. This rule allows for the moderator to create more complex games and not worry so much about MOD errors because the responsibility is delegated.
1b. Given that this responsibility is delegated to the players, it is important to note that the moderator may still enact punishments/abilities/whatever if he sees it taking place before the PM is sent. This does not give a player the ability to give a "free pass" to a player, nor does it give the player the ability to note a restriction being broken, waiting 48 hours, and then PMing the mod that the restriction was broken in an attempt to game the system. While there isn't a specific timeframe for this, it is up to the MOD's discretion.
2. Ties may be possible in certain circumstances. If this is the case, both factions will win unless otherwise stated in their role PM.
3. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
4. Knowledge of Overswarm games isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Try reading up on previous Overswarm games and roles by looking through DGames Archives and MVPs. Some of the games might not necessarily even be present in DGames though, so you might have to ask someone ingame that has played my private BBR games! (please do not discuss the game with anyone outside the thread)
5. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed. Not every role will make sense for their actions or alignment. Not every role is the exact same as its previous iteration, although major changes have not been made (a town doctor wouldn't suddenly be a town vig).
Last edited by #HBC | YOLOSWAG on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:16 pm UTC, edited 18 times in total.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 am UTC

Note

The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread can be used to put spoilers of your own in relating to game-related content. For example, you could post in there:

Crossover Mafia
Spoiler:
I nightkilled Bessie last night because she was onto me and Red Ryu.

However, you CANNOT read others' spoilers for obvious reasons until the game is over. It is fun to read over spoilers and players' thoughts in postgame.

Sample Role PM

Spoiler:
Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog series), Town Jack-of-All-Trades

Abilities

Listed below are several abilities; each ability can only be used once during the Night phase and must be used in order. If for any reason your ability entirely fails (e.g., roleblock, target dies before your ability is triggered, etc.) then that ability will not be used up.

Spin Dash – Choose a player; any active ability the player uses that night shall fail.

Flight – Choose a player. If successful, that player will be protected by a single night kill attempt that night.

Punch – Choose a player. If successful, he will take one less vote to lynch for the next 2 day phases. It will be publicly noted by the mod at the beginning of the Day Phase that they take one less vote to lynch, though it will not state who caused this.

Win Condition
You are Town, and you win when your faction is the only remaining faction or nothing can prevent this.

Player List

1. Maven89
  2. Red Ryu
  3. Evil George Washington
  4. Gamma Emerald
  5. Spak
  6. Frozenflame
  7. heuristically_alone
  8. BoomFrog
  9. Sabrar
  10. Peaceful Whale
  11. Bessie
  12. Dark Horse
  13. Znirk (traveling and semi-offline the last week of September)
  14. jimbobmacdoodle (there will be a few periods in the September/October time when my activity will be very low, but I should still be able to handle a game)
  15. moody7277
  16. plytho
  17. Madge
  18. SirGabriel
  19. mpolo
  20. #HBC | Zyth

Replacements:
  1. Yolinda

Alive
  1. Red Ryu
  2. Evil George Washington
  3. Frozenflame
  4. Yolinda (replaces) heuristically_alone
  5. BoomFrog
  6. Sabrar
  7. Bessie
  8. LaserGuy (replaces Dark Horse)
  9. jimbobmacdoodle (there will be a few periods in the September/October time when my activity will be very low, but I should still be able to handle a game)
  10. plytho
  11. Madge (this looks like fun but if the email bug isn't fixed I might not be very active)
  12. mpolo (will be away a couple of weekends, but around during the week)
  13. #HBC | Zyth

Dead
1. moody7277, Reaper (Overwatch), Mafia Know-It-All Wraith lynched D1!
2. Maven89, Agent 47 (Hitman), Town Guilt-Ridden Vigilante killed N1!
3. Spak, Steve (Minecraft), Town Jailor, lynched D2!
4. Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
5. Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
6. Znirk, Snake (Metal Gear), Town Unwilling Voteblocker, modkilled D2!
7. Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2!

Important Events
D1 Starts (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123409&p=4239188#p4241729) | Ends (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123409&p=4245296#p4245296)
D2 Starts (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123409&p=4245296#p4246671) | Ends (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=123409&start=2040#p4250683)
D3 Starts
Last edited by #HBC | YOLOSWAG on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:42 pm UTC, edited 5 times in total.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | Pregame

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 am UTC

Please do not post.

Please read over the rules list, as they are a bit different from the ones seen around here. If you have any questions hit me or Rajam up through PM.

Note that #HBC | Zyth is not the Zyth who has played here before but a member by the name of Zen from Smashboards.

Note that Rajam is hosting this thing with me. Our roles as mods are interchangeable and we will be running a tight ship moving forward. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CC ME/RAJAM IN ANY COMMUNICATIONS YOU MAY HAVE WITH THE MOD. We will be ensuring that all information is relayed through both of us regardless, but it makes things much easier on us by you doing that.

My other comod Overswarm who designed the setup is doing a triplecheck of the setup. Once I hear from him, roles will go out! Game starts September 5th, but I wanted to throw this thread up and escalate the tension.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | No Posting | Pregame

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:44 am UTC

When are role pms going out?

Once I hear from OS, which I imagine will be soon.

Does Rule 1 mean I can't post in Gojoe?

No, everyone's welcome to post in Gojoe during the game. That rule is meant to bar players from talking with each other in ways inconsistent with the spirit of the game.

Is there really no lynch should we fail to reach a majority?

Aye, town indeed needs to acquire a majority of votes to push a lynch through. This does impact the flow of the game, so I hope XKCD enjoys how it affects Day.

Rule 5 in Fundamentals has been updated:
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Twilight does not have a predetermined length. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene (including the lynchee's flip) is posted, the game will move to Night.

In other words, flips are posted before Night Phase after the lynch as well as SoD (Start of Day).

Rule 11 in Fundamentals has been added:
11. Failure to submit a night action will result in NO ACTION taking place.

DGamers, PLEASE get avatars for the sake of tracking y'all.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | No Posting | Pregame

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:18 pm UTC

Does the no reading spoilers in Gojoe apply even after death?

No. Feel free to spoil yourself silly after you die.

You mentioned a quicktopic in the rules. What is that?

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/sBhM8rbifFKU

The above is an example. Private communication, i.e., discussion between players outside of the game thread, will be conducted through these. It takes 30 secs to make one, no need for email confirmation or anything like that. Rajam or myself will provide players with the topic. Also, you can't access these quicktopics without the link so don't worry about someone "finding" your topic.

Will I modkill or punish players who PM each other instead? No, it's not that serious. However, I encourage everyone to utilize quicktopic. Think of it as another "layer" of Gojoe; they're a lot of fun to read in postgame (though players will be given the option of not sharing their quicktopics privately, but 9/10x they are shared) and are more palatable than xkcd's PM system.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Re: Crossover Mafia | N0

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 pm UTC

Roles are out!

GLaDOS is in this game. She is a passive "bomb" -- upon detonation she will kill whoever killed her. This cannot be prevented from bulletproof, protection from abilities, or redirects.

N0 begins. You have until Wednesday, September 6 at 11:59 PM EST to send me night actions. D1 starts Thursday at 4 PM EST or earlier if I get actions early. No killing actions will take place on N0. By all means, use this time to ask any and all questions you may have about your role.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... t=sanserif

N0 flavor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9DST_M_g8

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:58 pm UTC

ATTN DGamers

Please consider the following when using the forum's search engine:
When you want to reread the posts of another player, DO NOT USE the "search user's posts" link in their profile, or any other forum search function (unless you are certain that they have not posted about this game in the Gojoe commentary thread). This is because under some circumstances the search result preview on this forum displays the content of spoilers out in the open.

No killing actions were able to be used N0

Vote Count
Not voting: Maven89, Red Ryu, Evil George Washington, Gamma Emerald, Spak, Frozenflame, heuristically_alone, BoomFrog, Sabrar, Peaceful Whale, Bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, moody7277, plytho, Madge, SirGabriel, mpolo, #HBC | Zyth

D1 Begins! D1 ends Wednesday, September 13 at 11:59:59 PM! With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch! Here's to a good and well played game, good luck to all!

Flavor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEoQvwU50-Y

Sabrar

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | DL = 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

Welcome to all DGamers! Could you please let us know your preferred pronouns or any designation you'd like us to call you? Ours can usually be found in these threads or our signatures. Regarding myself I prefer he/him/his.

Setup-speculation: with a totally unknown mod I'm not going to there, especially as I usually get it wrong. But just for fun I'm gonna guess 14-4-1-1

My role is weird. It's a variation of a standard power but there's a twist in one part of the mechanics that I don't like.

And speaking of mechanics:

Vote: FrozenFlame

Clearly the only logical choice. Scum-points to the first player who guesses the reason. :D

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

Scum points?!

Did he contact you? Is he scum?

Wait... Nope, he's not voting...

Uh... I really don't know.

Are you scum?

Vote Sabar for getting me killed as scum last game.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 pm UTC

When you want to reread the posts of another player, DO NOT USE the "search user's posts" link in their profile, or any other forum search function
Under the thread there is a button for sorting the replies not chronologically but by author. It's a great way to re-read someone in isolation.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 pm UTC

Ooh, everyone should look at me then! I was scum last time (second game), pretended to be noob, and made it to LOL! (lynch or lose)

Now I can't be a noob though, it is my scum meta... which sucks cause I am actually a noob.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:35 pm UTC

I'm going to suck this game, I don't understand any of the flavor. I don't know any comics and stuff, hardly recognize anyone in the picture, and had to Google my character. :cry:
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 pm UTC

Guys, I've waited so long! Where's the posts!!!
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Vote: Sabrar

For bad setup spec because clearly the only possibility is 11-3-3-1-1-1.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 pm UTC

At least 3 experienced players reviewed the setup for balance, so having only 11 Town players seems impossible to me. And obviously that assumption was one of the reasons we lost in Shakespeare...

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm UTC

Hi guys, as YOLO stated, my name is Zen. It will just be easier if you refer to me as Zyth though. When I tried making an account it kept saying that I was a spammer >_>. Anyways, I'm Dgames' best player. I've won 90% of the games that I've been town and I usually have most of the scum team pinned down by the end of D1, usually within their first few posts. (For example, Peaceful Whale is scum). At my worst, though it can take up through Day 2.

Vote: Peaceful Whale

I'm a guy, but I like when people refer to me as she, because it makes me feel pretty.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:For example, Peaceful Whale is scum

Interesting. Is Zyth serious about this, or is this just an SDK-style gambit?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

Nice entry, can't really tell how much of it is a joke though. Does your scum-detecting ability work on completely new players with an unknown meta as well?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

I was at the doctor all day today and will be away this weekend, as I said before. (I get to have an operation on Wednesday! Isn't that great? Nothing very serious, though.)

My power involves re-arranging of targets and powers. I withheld on N0 in the hope of other powers getting solid results. However, with one redirection power in play, it is possible that there are more of them.
Image <-- Evil experiment

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Nice entry, can't really tell how much of it is a joke though. Does your scum-detecting ability work on completely new players with an unknown meta as well?

What's love meta got to do with it? Regardless, new players tend to be easier to read in general.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:What's love meta got to do with it?
You may want to re-read Peaceful Whale's 2 previous games to get a feel for him.

Peaceful Whale

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 pm UTC

Holy ficken crap... Zen, seriously... oh well. I don't really care. Sabar care to talk him out of it? Does it matter? I don't think it does, if he wants to vote me then let him.

Unvote

Becuase joke time is over.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:20 pm UTC

@Zen: to clarify, was that a serious vote?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:22 pm UTC

14-4-1(SK)-1(survivor) is my guess on setup, based on Sabrar's numbering. Maybe the survivor position is a jester, or one of the town places swinging over to that. With a game this size, and with the other site's members possibly not having our aversion (although YOLOSWAG has been here enough to know), it's also not out of the question that there might be cult.

Vote: BoomFrog

cause it's been so long. And also

Fos: Evil George Washington for having the word evil in his name.

#HBC | Zyth wrote:What's love meta got to do with it? Regardless, new players tend to be easier to read in general.

You weren't in last game where I had Peaceful Whale pegged as town right up until I got co-lynched with scum.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 pm UTC

Hi, I am a he, jsyk. I've been slowly binging the comic this forum is dedicated to.
Probably will read Peaceful Whale's games later, just to see how he opens. For now I'm gonna
Vote FrozenFlame
Because he needs to die this time.
PEdit: co-lynched? is that what I think it is because I'm gonna try to abuse the hell out of it if it is. Is that lynching two people tied at votes at day end?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:45 pm UTC

Nah, they were lovers, if one died the other did too.

(Would have won as scum if I played a tiny bit more carefully)

(Like I said, I'm a noob)
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:49 pm UTC

Huh, mpolo has already role claimed. Is that a good idea now? Should I? I feel like it gives scum too much info. Maybe later after everyon has posted, and we should do scummiest first, so they can't claim that they're a towny's role.

So many people in this game. I don't think I can keep up, but I'll try!

Time for a reads list!!! :P

Town:
PW

Not-So-Sure:
Everyone else
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:52 pm UTC

Ah.
I actually won a Lovers 8p by only lynching town that had scum partners.
Also mpolo's role sound Nexus/Mass Redirector-y. Maybe a decent lynch?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:57 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:Time for a reads list!!! :P

Town:
PW

Not-So-Sure:
Everyone else

Now this is scummy.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our smashing guests.

Quick introduction before bedtime (I'm in UTC+2): I'm still relatively new to forum mafia games (4 complete games, all on the XKCD fora), very successful so far (4 wins: 2 town, 1 scum, 1 indie), and 50:50 at surviving the first couple of days. I've played face-to-face werewolf a couple of times, but I'm not a fan because it goes on too long for a game with player elimination.

I tend to operate with gut impressions more than logic puzzlery, and I'm utterly rubbish at guessing likely setup, balance etc (i.e. I follow others' opinions on that sort of stuff).

On to the specific game itself: I have nothing to claim from Night 0.

A few nudges to get a variety of balls rolling:

-> Peaceful Whale: We played together recently. You were scum using your youth and newbitude as a bit of a smokescreen. Now that you can no longer claim to be an utterly confused newbie, what would you say are the most important things you have learned (to do, how to act, what to look out for) over the course of your first couple of games?

-> Evil George Washington: Please describe in what ways you differ from generic store-brand George Washingtons.

-> Sir Gabriel: You were an excellent werewolf in my first game on this forum, Smalltown 2. When you ended up getting lynched (or possibly vigilanted, I don't remember the details) at the very end of the game I would say it was on the basis of "but everyone else is even less likely to be town". Want to convince me you're the genuine town article this time round, or do we figure this out closer to the end?

-> Sabrara and Gamma Emerald: You guys seem to have history with Frozen Flame?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:04 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Time for a reads list!!! :P

Town:
PW

Not-So-Sure:
Everyone else

Now this is scummy.

Sigh, it's a joke, ignore it or not.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 pm UTC

@Znirk: yeah, one game only, but it was fun.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 pm UTC

What happened?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Hi guys, as YOLO stated, my name is Zen. It will just be easier if you refer to me as Zyth though. When I tried making an account it kept saying that I was a spammer >_>. Anyways, I'm Dgames' best player. I've won 90% of the games that I've been town and I usually have most of the scum team pinned down by the end of D1, usually within their first few posts. (For example, Peaceful Whale is scum). At my worst, though it can take up through Day 2.

Vote: Peaceful Whale

And then 2 players ask if it is a serious vote then this:

#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Nice entry, can't really tell how much of it is a joke though. Does your scum-detecting ability work on completely new players with an unknown meta as well?

What's love meta got to do with it? Regardless, new players tend to be easier to read in general.

First post, already throwing out some serious WIFOM. Soft claiming town right off the bat.

I've never played in a large game that gad only one mafia, so I wouldn't be suprised if all players are successfully able to scum hunt.

I prefer he/him/his
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 pm UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:Ah.
I actually won a Lovers 8p by only lynching town that had scum partners.
Also mpolo's role sound Nexus/Mass Redirector-y. Maybe a decent lynch?

I'd hate to lynch a guy just based on the chaos he might cause with his role. Seems to be a desperation, hail-Mary kind of deal.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 pm UTC

heuristically_alone is scum.

Gamma Emerald

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

@Peaceful Whale: is that question directed to me?
@moody: it's more "this is a safe lynch if we need one", as it's not a super-vital role, like Cop.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:35 pm UTC

Ooooh, so HBC is bassicly saying he's cop and he role detected me? If so I will call him out on that. But I may be misunderstanding him.

Znrick, didn't see that... sorry for taking so long.

I think the most important thing is not looking like scum, it can distract from actual scum hunting, and maybe become a mislynch. Post good read lists (that one was a joke) and be helpful. Try to scum hunt, use your ability wisely.

Ninja'... WHOA!!! Okay, that escalated quickly.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 pm UTC

@moody if causing chaos would cost you the game, why wouldn't you want to remove the chaos?

@gamma emerald I was rather hoping you would have a pokemon avatar
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:What's love meta got to do with it?
You may want to re-read Peaceful Whale's 2 previous games to get a feel for him.

I'm really not a fan of basing reads off of meta. I think it tends to act more as a blindfold than it is useful. Play style is something that can be easily altered. PW themselves said they overplayed their newness in the last game. I don't think it would be wise to use that as a basis for their alignment this game.
Sabrar wrote:@Zen: to clarify, was that a serious vote?
Woof!

Return to “Mafia”