Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:49 pm UTC

You do know the reason why. I wanted Boom in chat. Laser and I have been trying to convince you of why you are wrong. I told you to target Boom.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:50 pm UTC

BoomFrog over bessie made no logical sense.
he him his

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I don't know why you lie for no reason. I don't know why EGW switched to you instead of bessie for no reason and I don't know why LaserGuy outed me for no reason. If I don't see a townie reason I assume a scummy reason.


He said he misremembered it. Since he is not aligned with Bessie, it makes more sense he it telling the truth and made a mistake. It is easy to forget the details over a thread of 100 pages.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:54 pm UTC

plytho wrote:BoomFrog over bessie made no logical sense.


She was not comfortable with you. That means she would not take advantage of chat as Boom would. You are not thinking of how to use your role fully and this falls back to Lasers concerns with how you played your role in a cautious manner.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:55 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Plytho pops in and leaves. I think it is suspicious he cannot answer. Also note he tried to fall back on Boom in the previous Day Phase.
suspicious how I didn't want to lynch FrozenFlame..

I said I didn't have a lot of time.

@EGW: Please don't judge people on not staying in the thread. Judge them for how they spend their game energy and time, but not about when they have game energy or time. Pressuring people for not spending more time on the game just makes the game less fun for everyone.


Fair enough, sorry. I do not mean to make the game un-fun.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:57 pm UTC

Still feels like a weird thing to forget.

Maybe I just want these to be true..

Gone for a while
he him his

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:06 pm UTC

plytho wrote: I don't know why LaserGuy outed me for no reason.


I didn't out you for no reason. I explained my reasoning to you both in thread and in chat. I'm assuming you must've at least understood my reasoning, even if you didn't agree with it, because you never followed up on it in thread in D4.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Plytho pops in and leaves. I think it is suspicious he cannot answer. Also note he tried to fall back on Boom in the previous Day Phase.


Stop doing this, in case like mine if I get a call I can’t post and need to take it ASAP.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:30 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Your scumtell doesn't even make sense anymore though. You're claiming that you think BoomFrog killed bessie. But that means BoomFrog isn't on the same team as moody, so there would be no reason for BoomFrog to attempt to nefariously undermine moody's lynch.


What if there are multiple teams of scum?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:40 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Your scumtell doesn't even make sense anymore though. You're claiming that you think BoomFrog killed bessie. But that means BoomFrog isn't on the same team as moody, so there would be no reason for BoomFrog to attempt to nefariously undermine moody's lynch.


What if there are multiple teams of scum?


That's the point. plytho was basing his scumtell on the fact that BoomFrog was on the same team as moody and was trying to stop his lynch. But now he's claiming BoomFrog is on a different team from moody, so his tell is invalid. Despite this, he's still trying to use the tell as a reason to push BoomFrog.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Why did you not mention me in your Boom vote post?


I didn't have anything to say about you. Yes, maybe your plan switch wasn't scummy and I don't see who your buddies could be so I'd like to lynch BoomFrog as that would be more informative.


So you don't think he's scum, you just want to lynch him for information?


Plytho you did not answer this specific question

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 pm UTC

I think lynching BoomFrog will be informative if he flips scum or town.
he him his

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Yet you said the same of me.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Pro’s and cons of lynching/Mislynching my bottom 4 (Red, mpolo, EGW, BoomFrog)

General: we may be in Mylo in which case Mislynching is terrible and lynching scum our only way to victory.

This can be kind of split up into two groups. On the one hand we have mpolo and Red Ryu with claims of useful townie powers but few connections to other players and a relatively low impact on the game. On the other hand we have BoomFrog and EGW with pretty much useless claimed powers and a big impact and awareness of the game. (mpolo does seem aware, but not very involved)

With Red and mpolo a mislynch is terrible because we lose their power. Mislynching BoomFrog or EGW isn't as bad since we don't really lose anything power-wise. On top of that it confirms their ample content as townie instead of wine. We do lose awareness and engagement which is important in the late game.

The benefit of lynching correctly (besides the obvious fact that we get rid of scum) is what we can learn from that lynch. Can we draw solid conclusions?

EGW and BoomFrog have a lot of posts and opinions so finding connections there should be much easier than finding connections on an mpolo or Red flip.

So based on this I'm more inclined to lynch BoomFrog or EGW.

The problem is that mpolo and Red look scummier than Boom and EGW.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

I feel BoomFrog would be more informative than you. I can kind of see connections from BoomFrog (mostly Madge) but at this point I couldn't tell who you're most connected to. So while there is a lot more data on you, BoomFrog is more informative.
he him his

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:09 pm UTC

So you are looking for scun connections or town connection? Why is Boom flipping town in either case fine for you?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:11 pm UTC

BoomFrog's vote seems very "opportunistic" to me… When have we even once guessed correctly about powers in this game? All of our assumptions have been proved false. I could just as easily have never mentioned the unblockable thing and no one would have noticed. Though then I would be "too vanilla".

EGW has been pressuring me the whole game, BoomFrog seems to have just snapped from one moment to the next and pounced on a presumably easy target.

I have no idea what the vote count is, so I'm going to wait. I would want to vote for BoomFrog. At this point I would be willing to vote for Madge, since the poor scumhunting has essentially gone down to nothing.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 pm UTC

BoomFrog flipping town clears Madge in my eyes so we have a NK protected townie. It also means Sabrar absorbs watcher which is a great help to town. It's essentially another protection. That + doctor + busdriver gives scum little room to hide.
he him his

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:21 pm UTC

Dinner's over. Will catch up while commuting then I'll be off for another hour or so.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 pm UTC

Boom and laser, can you explain how SK MPOLO would switch and kill at the same time?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 pm UTC

Why can't he just submit three targets? "Switch X and Y, kill Z"? There's not even a tracker in the game (unless there is a secret mafia tracker), so it doesn't matter.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 pm UTC

Would Madge be a better lynch option if people are now wavering on Boomfrog?

Can we at least agree that slot is not worth defending anymore?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 pm UTC

Ryu current thoughts on plytho?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:40 pm UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Would Madge be a better lynch option if people are now wavering on Boomfrog?

Can we at least agree that slot is not worth defending anymore?


Please read here and here and get back to us.

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:48 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Ryu current thoughts on plytho?


I think you are reaching to find him to be scum, I get where he is coming from on a lot of reads and my thoughts more or less align with his.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 pm UTC

Can someone make a night plan for the mpolo lynch and the BoomFrog lynch?
he him his

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Would Madge be a better lynch option if people are now wavering on Boomfrog?

Can we at least agree that slot is not worth defending anymore?


Please read here and here and get back to us.


Alrighty

Vote: Mpolo

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 pm UTC

Vote: mpolo

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:55 pm UTC

Yeah that doesn't make much sense in highsight, mpolo's power is in conflict with the others ones so far.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

Sab where were the thoughts, why hammer so early

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:02 pm UTC

Was that hammer?
he him his

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 pm UTC

Wtf? Was that hammer?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 pm UTC

:shock: Did we just lose?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
#HBC | Red Ryu
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Wtf why the hammer?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm UTC

Looks like it. Possible they played it safe in case game is not over.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 pm UTC

I can say that Sabrar is most definetly anti-town.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I can say that Sabrar is most definetly anti-town.
Why didn't you say so before? :wink:
he him his

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:26 pm UTC

I think we can still win this.

Let's get a night plan out before yolo shows up.
he him his

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

Because I didn't see him hammer at the same time as Ryu before that happened.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D5 | 10/26

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

Sure.

Let me make up a plan real quick


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sabrar, SirGabriel and 7 guests