Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/16

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 pm UTC

Get back on Frozen Flame.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm UTC

unvote
Vote FrozenFlame

I still think BoomFrog looks scummier.
he him his

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm UTC

Can you explain? Also why do you call out MPOLO for not voting but not Boom?

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

Isn't BoomFrog voting me?

Asleep now.
he him his

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:22 pm UTC

Good point. I thought you were criticizing MPOLO for not hammering Frozen Flame, but I can see your perspective with that. Explain Boom scummier then Frozen though.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC

I'll probably be around at deadline but because it's during my workday I don't want to make guarantees.

plytho wrote:
Madge wrote:Bessie (really not sure where to put her so here she is: decision maker could be useful for scum but it's testable and I think we should test it: just remembered the Peaceful Whale result so she's moved from "good claims" to "likely town")
Why do you think we should test bessie’s power? I can’t imagine bessie inventing this power so testing it isn’t really going to tell us more about her alignment.

At the time I wrote that suggestion I'd forgotten that Bessie was likely copped town, so I no longer think it's a good idea. With another mislynch or two though I'd be willing to revisit that.

Madge: Shitty claim, generally unhelpful as far as scumhunting is concerned as hypocritical as that may sound, and generally not a slot I think has any business making it to end game. The whole recent outburst re: being referred to as a "slot" is so bizarre to me. The whole point of referring to players as "slots" is to serve as a reminder that when we're talking about each other in these games nothing we say is personal. Like, we ARE all just players in a game. We ARE our slots. Just because someone is scum doesn't mean they're a bad person. It's just that their slot is a bad one, so they have to be bad... Like all of our evaluations are IMPERSONAL hence referring to other players in an impersonal way as a way to signal that negative evaluations of a player go to that players in-game play and behavior, not who they are as a person. Kind of mindblowing to me that someone would interpret that as someone trying to dehumanize the player behind the forum account lol.... I honestly don't get it and it comes off extremely defensive and frankly as a bit insecure but that's not really relevant here I guess. Either way just more of a reason to not let this slot survive to be a decider in endgame because the slot presents as a serious liability in endgame if town and will be hard to read clearly and identify as scum if the slot is in fact scum

If you think I'm being over-dramatic by asking (politely at first) not to be referred to as a slot because I find it dehumanising, and then proceed to not only do it but hang a lampshade on it, you are a bad person. I clearly am not a carbon copy of you and I have my own feelings and attitudes, and one of those is that I find the slot language dehumanising when you Enlightened People From Across the Sea are so much Wiser Than Us that you are beyond such pettiness. If you were using male pronouns on me and I corrected you and asked for female pronouns, would you get this defensive? Because I would get shitty if I was referred to with male pronouns for the length of time that you guys have been calling me a slot despite repeated requests not to, and if someone made a self-righteous post about how they use male pronouns for everyone because it's easier than referring to a pronoun list blah blah blah, then I'd get very mad.

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

(spoilered per request, note changes are not marked in any way)

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch); confirms receiving PM she was jailed bySabrar

Mpolo: Miria from Guardian Legend, bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)

Laserguy: Arthas Menethil from Warcraft. town judgment miller. Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to SirG/Amrock via mpolo. acquired chat with plytho on D3 via plytho's power.

Plytho: I'm frisk from undertale. unconfirmed mason recruiter. can only recruit people who voted for him. Recruited Laserguy N2. Recruited either Bessie or EGW N3

EGW: I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1; did receive notification that Dr Mario protected him. Hidden message, Secondary Ability Roleblock. I don't have enough information N0 to use any of my abilities. I'd rather save paralysis for late game when I have more information, before then would be guessing game as to who to use it on and don't want to risk that. Found Barrier being used N1 was the optimal usage since that night I would have the least information since it's the first night.

Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death

BoomFrog: Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator. Twice a game I can watch a player. Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.(N0: withheld; N1: mpolo no result; N2: EGW, no result)

Sabrar: MegaMan - absorbs an ability and can use it the next day. Details: viewtopic.php?p=4255774#p4255774

Frozenflame: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Town Deflector. Can "focus"(not on consecutive nights) to cause all lethal actions to be redirected from self onto target. Target SirG N1, Boomfrog N3 (hinting at good power was to draw scum kill)

Bessie: Town Decision Maker (one shot power, everyone's first vote is permenant for a day)

FLIPS (THESE SHOULD BE EXHAUSTIVE NOW, please let me know if I missed anyone)

MAFIA
moody7277, Reaper (Overwatch), Mafia Know-It-All Wraith lynched D1!
Yolinda, Samus Aran X (Metroid), Mafia Roleblocking Possessor

TOWN
Maven89, Agent 47 (Hitman), Town Guilt-Ridden Vigilante killed N1!
Spak, Steve (Minecraft), Town Jailor, lynched D2!
Znirk, Snake (Metal Gear), Town Unwilling Voteblocker, modkilled D2!
Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2! (Bessie claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)
Zyth: Not 100% sure on power https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF Zyth targeted Sabrar N0, apparently Maven N1, most likely Ryu N2
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

INDIE
Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 pm UTC

Boomfrog, how are you reading current events?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 pm UTC

Also, can I get a full reads list? If you don't have time to give reasons, maybe just an ordered list?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:59 pm UTC

FF's time remains excellent. Plytho's tone is also very reasonable, which is giving me some doubt. Sabrar's tone remains scummy to me.

Town:
Bessie
EGW
Red

Town but keep reconsidering but I still think town but I'm wrong about one of them probably:
Mpolo
Madge
FF
LaserGuy

Scum:
Plytho
Sabrar

I'd go for a Sabrar lynch at this point.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 pm UTC

You are really going to have to talk to me about Sabrar, as I don't see it.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 pm UTC

It's PoE and gut instinct on his tone. He's not desperate or panicked, he's happy to go along with my lynch or FF. He's not distressed by the "everyone is townie today" situation.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 pm UTC

I'm not comfortable lynching Sabrar today. I had doubts on him D3, which Zen pointed out as speculation. Though what do you think of what I said on D3? If Sabrar is scum, that means Madge is scum. (Although I do believe Madge is jailed)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:01 am UTC

I’m back from work, overtime sucks.

I hate this wagon, Ran i’m Not sure why you really think FF is scum so badly? If he flips scum then i’m screwed tomorrow but I doubt it.

Madge is still my go to lynch along with Frog.

We’re stuck though with this dumb wagon, I still have zero idea why you guys mass swapped last minute.

What made people like Boom or Madge more?

I’ll be around to hammer but Jesus this is dumb.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 am UTC

I'm rereading now and trying to reply to today's content. I'll be here until deadline if my vote is needed to hammer but my strongest scum read this morning was BoomFrog and I would rather lynch him than FrozenFlame (pending today's content).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 am UTC

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I’m back from work, overtime sucks.

I hate this wagon, Ran i’m Not sure why you really think FF is scum so badly? If he flips scum then i’m screwed tomorrow but I doubt it.

Madge is still my go to lynch along with Frog.

We’re stuck though with this dumb wagon, I still have zero idea why you guys mass swapped last minute.

What made people like Boom or Madge more?

I’ll be around to hammer but Jesus this is dumb.

Come-on Red I fought against the FF lynch as hard as I could here. What else do you want from me?

I'm ready to hammer, but I'll check back in 20 minutes.

@Bessie: 40 minutes to deadline. It's FF or no lynch.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:35 am UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Interesting interaction with Bessie here. Honestly not sure if scum!Bessie sticks her neck out for a partner this early on simply to basically say "don't answer for H_A." I'm having trouble gleaning if this is Bessie legitimately interested in what H_A's explanation would have been and is trying to get a read on him and doesn't want someone else putting words in his mouth which would dilute her ability to read anything from his reaction, OR if she's actually concerned that someone else would misrepresent H_A's potential explanation in a way that makes him look worse than he might answer it, and thus she is afraid that someone else's representation of H_A's explanation would plant negative seeds in other slots' minds. Basically, is she trying to prevent someone handing H_A and out here, or is she trying to prevent someone else from sandbagging/strawmanning whatever H_A might say before he gets the chance, thus undercutting the potential towniness of his eventual response.
I don’t understand your point about this interaction with heuristically_alone. Zyth asked heury a question and Gamma Emerald explained heury’s answer (I’m actually not entirely sure about the interaction anymore so I may be misremembering it and I don’t have time to look it up right now). I thought it was scummy of Gamma to step in and cover for heury, and I thought that heury should be explaining what he meant himself. I was suspicious of Gamma for this.

FrozenFlame wrote: Someone who know's bessies scum meta better than I ought give this some thought. Is bessie more controlling as a scum partner? Or is she more laid back and willing to let scummates sink or swim on their own?
Feel free to judge for yourself. bessie’s history as mafia:
Misnomer’s Smalltown PYP (first game as mafia).
2015 Secret Santa by Suzaku (replaced as mafia on D3).
Wheel of Time – The Horn of Valere (scum partner went AWOL for RL issue and was lynched D2).

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: If by some miracle plytho is lynched a few people should ping Sabrar with a vote to get in chat with him.

So you do think I'm town :D
Odd statement. Does plytho think townies are harder to lynch? Or did he forget Sabrar has claimed he absorbs powers from town or scum?

plytho wrote:Wait, did mpolo leave without voting?

Evil George Washington wrote: Yes. I'm not sure if he's worried how hammering would look, or if he's not worried about securing a lynch on frozen. What do you think?

plytho wrote: Hammering would look terrible (if FrozenFlame flips town) but I think the best way for mpolo to act would be to ask someone who'll be online at deadline to unvote so he can take their place.
EGW, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but we don’t usually hammer because it ends the day and the discussion (I’ve never played a game that required a majority to lynch or had a twilight phase). plytho has a good point, but it is possible that detached mpolo was just falling back on how we usually play.

BoomFrog, I’m not stalling, I’m trying to reply to today’s content. And isn’t deadline at 9:00?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:It's PoE and gut instinct on his tone. He's not desperate or panicked, he's happy to go along with my lynch or FF. He's not distressed by the "everyone is townie today" situation.

Re-read Shakespeare. I don't panic.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 am UTC

plytho wrote: FrozenFlame and Red Ryu, please pick a better target than Madge. She's in jail and can't perform the night kill. Lynch her buddies first.
plytho, it’s probably buried somewhere in the last 20 pages of content, but who do you think are Madge’s buddies? And lynching Madge’s buddies is what I’m trying to do but it looks like no one is on BoomFrog with me.

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:Something that hasn’t been addressed but has me slightly worried: what kind of ability could a wraith have?

plytho, when did it occur to you that moody's power was both "Wraith" and "Know-It-All"?
Right about here. I can make a good guess at what a know-it-all does. I couldn't really imagine what kind of ability a wraith would have and I feared some power that would allow moody to continue playing after he died (by staying in scum chat for example).

Why did you think "Know-It-All" and "Wraith" were separate powers?
Why do you think it's one power and what kind of power do you think it is?

Oh, I think it's two powers, now. It had just never occurred to me that "Wraith" was a power in and of itself until Sabrar claimed.

This is an odd thing to say, as you read Znirk’s role as having two powers from “Unwilling Voteblocker”. and you gave me a very unsatisfactory answer as to why.
LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:LaserGuy
Re Znirk, see this post.
LaserGuy wrote:Educated guess. I read the role and figured it was probably similar to mine--two unrelated powers.

What do you think Znirk’s two powers are based on his role name?

Sorry, missed you on this before. I'm assuming a voteblocker is what it says on the tin--some method of blocking votes. Probably similar to what Madge's power looks like, minus the kill. Not sure about Unwilling. Could mean a lot of things.

bessie wrote:I get the voteblocker but I’m not seeing how “unwilling” led you to a second ability, unless you knew there was a second ability.

Still reading.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 am UTC

Deadline is in 72 minutes.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:48 am UTC

Bessie, please hammer. We should have enough time to discuss in twilight.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Deadline is in 72 minutes.

Seriously? Okay yeah. I was off by an hour (and so was EGW's confirmation for the record.)

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 am UTC

Vote: Frozen Flame

Ok George, I need to step away from the computer for a few minutes and I want to prevent last minute shenanigans and ensure a lynch happens. But I would have rather lynched BoomFrog.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 am UTC

Night Plan Redux:

1. Red Ryu protects one of [EGW / Bessie] (Considering that Red Ryu may be scum, but if town, follow this)

2. MPOLO flips a coin. On heads: MPOLO switches [{Sabrar and Plytho} or {Sabrar and Red Ryu}] upon Frozen Flame scum flip. [{Sabrar and Laser} or {Sabrar and Boomfrog}] upon town flip. On tails: MPOLO does nothing.

3. Plytho, Target Bessie.

4. Boomfrog, does nothing.

5. Bessie, do nothing.

6. Sabrar, if able to act, target [Boom / Laserguy].

7. Madge, do nothing. You can't do anything because you are jailed anyway.

8. EGW uses telepathy on one of MPOLO's possible targets depending on Frozen Flame flip.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 am UTC

@EGW: unless you have any questions I'll try to catch some sleep.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:03 am UTC

Just one. Why don't you panic, in general?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:03 am UTC

EBWOP: there's no need for mpolo to target me if FF flips town.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 am UTC

Why? What is a action plan in that case?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Just one. Why don't you panic, in general?
Because it's a game. I take it seriously, I like to win, but I'm mostly just out to have fun.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:06 am UTC

*Better action plan I mean*

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:07 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Why? What is a action plan in that case?

If FF is town I'll have Deflector to protect myself. Have mpolo protect plytho or Ryu.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 am UTC

Night Plan Redux:

1. Red Ryu protects one of [EGW / Bessie] (Considering that Red Ryu may be scum, but if town, follow this)

2. MPOLO flips a coin. On heads: MPOLO switches [{Sabrar and Plytho} or {Sabrar and Red Ryu}] upon Frozen Flame scum flip. [{Ryu and Laser} or {Ryu and Boomfrog}] upon town flip. On tails: MPOLO does nothing.

3. Plytho, Target Bessie.

4. Boomfrog, does nothing.

5. Bessie, do nothing.

6. Sabrar, if able to act, target [Boom / Laserguy].

7. Madge, do nothing. You can't do anything because you are jailed anyway.

8. EGW uses telepathy on one of MPOLO's possible targets depending on Frozen Flame flip.[/quote]

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 am UTC

Not panicked like frantic, but I'd expect you to have more self doubt after two failures in a row. Especially since you picked Spak over gamma. You should be doubting yourself more, but your townie reads stayed town and your scummy reads stayed scummy.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am UTC

Is that hammer? Figured it was inevitable so yeah sorry town for not doing the work necessary to avoid this mislynch. Thankfully youre not losing much with my alot being gone, hope you all can use how people treated my slot well enough to suss out the remaining scummers.

I pretty much stand by the realists I posted today. Havent seen anything in the little rereading I was able to do that would make me change my mind on anyone in particular. Ill be around if people wanna ask me stuff before twilight is over.

I think really at this point sabrar and laserguy need to ge looked at the hardest. Madge cant get anywhere near endgame. Really think there's a scum between boom and plytho but really cant figure out which. Wish I couldve been more helpful but I really dont deserve to go to endgame either so the game is better off in more invested hands. Good luck town clean em up!

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 am UTC

Madge wrote:
plytho wrote:
Madge wrote:Bessie (really not sure where to put her so here she is: decision maker could be useful for scum but it's testable and I think we should test it: just remembered the Peaceful Whale result so she's moved from "good claims" to "likely town")
Why do you think we should test bessie’s power? I can’t imagine bessie inventing this power so testing it isn’t really going to tell us more about her alignment.

At the time I wrote that suggestion I'd forgotten that Bessie was likely copped town, so I no longer think it's a good idea. With another mislynch or two though I'd be willing to revisit that.
I’ll use my power if that’s what everyone wants, but, echoing plytho here, what is that going to tell you about my alignment?

FrozenFlame wrote:I haven't been lurking I'm just inactive because I've been busy and demotivated. This game moves at an insane pace, it's really difficult to keep up. Combo that with spending my whole day reading/writing complex legal documents at work, and you don't exactly have a FrozenFlame that's excited at the prospect of having missed sometimes literally hundreds of posts since the last time I opened the thread up and having to sit down and read and digest content for hours and then spend more hours composing super robust responses. Combo that with getting dumped near the end of the summer and you have an angry, bitter, frustrated FF who is prone to having that frustration carry over to the game and result in cloudy judgement and growing frustration at being unable to clarify and develop better reads because of the sheer overwhelming amount of content I'd have to review to do so.
Sorry FrozenFlame about your relationship ending, I hope things get better for you soon.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:26 am UTC

Don't use the power Bessie.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:51 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Not panicked like frantic, but I'd expect you to have more self doubt after two failures in a row. Especially since you picked Spak over gamma. You should be doubting yourself more, but your townie reads stayed town and your scummy reads stayed scummy.
Look. Me having bad reads is not completely news to me as others have also been very kind in pointing out. That said I would have argued switching back to Gamma when I awoke if Spak hadn't been hammered because you voted an hour early.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 am UTC

I'm awake, glad to be alive. I did not sleep well.

FrozenFlame's final moments look less townie than jimbob's or spak's.

More twilight talk later. If I don't get to it in thread I'll share my thoughts with my chatmates.
he him his

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:34 am UTC

plytho wrote:FrozenFlame's final moments look less townie than jimbob's or spak's.

What makes you say this?

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 am UTC

That's my impression.

In twilight the previous nights it seemed very likely that spak and jimbob would flip town. With FrozenFlame I'm a lot less certain.
he him his

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Good point. I thought you were criticizing MPOLO for not hammering Frozen Flame, but I can see your perspective with that. Explain Boom scummier then Frozen though.
My scum read on Frozen is part PoE, part him being on the wrong wagon(s), part lurking. But no solid scum tells. My read on BoomFrog is based on my case on him where he seemed to misrepresent the situation around moody’s lynch and his bad case on me. These feel like actual scum tells while Frozen’s behaviour can make some sense for a townie.

Red Ryu’s lack of awareness is bothering me. He keeps saying he wants to lynch Madge or BoomFrog but instead of trying to lynch viable BoomFrog he votes Madge.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote: FrozenFlame and Red Ryu, please pick a better target than Madge. She's in jail and can't perform the night kill. Lynch her buddies first.
plytho, it’s probably buried somewhere in the last 20 pages of content, but who do you think are Madge’s buddies? And lynching Madge’s buddies is what I’m trying to do but it looks like no one is on BoomFrog with me.
If our timezones were aligned I’d have been on BoomFrog with you. I wrote that from Frozen and Red’s point of view. I’m not convinced Madge is scum. She could be buddies with Sabrar or BoomFrog so lynching one of them first would be my strategy.

@Sabrar: am I correct that you haven’t voted for me so far?
he him his

Return to “Mafia”