Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

#HBC | Red Ryu

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/10

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Because I feel that Ryu drew a substantial amount of heat for not switching. He would have been fine with lynching town!FF and mislynching jimbob later. jimbob was unlikely to use his ability.

Ryu's interactions with me were not genuine. He brought up my playstyle out of no where for no reason, when I asked him to explain why he wouldn't vote FF. If FF were town, why would Ryu do that?

You've bought up this stuff constantly with Zen and others and you are asking me why I brought it up, i never did it out of nowhere.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:In the interest of saving time I don't mind going after Red.
You're up.

Did you get a pm last night from protecting you?

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:58 pm UTC

@Sabrar: Thanks for the clarifications.

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

(spoilered per request, note changes are not marked in any way)

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
Frozenflame
BoomFrog
Sabrar
Bessie

CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)
Mpolo: bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)
Laserguy: Miller, judgement vote
Plytho: can chat with anyone who votes with him (claimed by LaserGuy)
EGW: Untargetable N1
Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death

FLIPS (THESE SHOULD BE EXHAUSTIVE NOW, please let me know if I missed anyone)

MAFIA
moody7277, Reaper (Overwatch), Mafia Know-It-All Wraith lynched D1!
Yolinda, Samus Aran X (Metroid), Mafia Roleblocking Possessor

TOWN
Maven89, Agent 47 (Hitman), Town Guilt-Ridden Vigilante killed N1!
Spak, Steve (Minecraft), Town Jailor, lynched D2!
Znirk, Snake (Metal Gear), Town Unwilling Voteblocker, modkilled D2!
Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2! (Bessie claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)
Zyth: Not 100% sure on power https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF Zyth targeted Sabrar N0, apparently Maven N1, most likely Ryu N2
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

INDIE
Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 pm UTC

It would obviously be really useful to know if these "notes" exist.

I am Miria from Guardian Legend, by the way.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 pm UTC

I will claim when it's my turn.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:16 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I will claim when it's my turn.

I'm asking if you got a note, not for you to claim.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 pm UTC

I consider that a part of the claim.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm UTC

BoomFrog was online 20 minutes ago.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm UTC

BoomFrog I see you, please claim.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 pm UTC

Jeeze, am I allowed to read the thread during times I don't have time to compose a post?

I'm Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator
Twice a game I can watch a player.
Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.

N0 I withheld
N1 I watched mpolo - no result
N2 I watched EGW - no result (raises eyebrows at Red)

Ninja: I'm freaking typing.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho

Re: Crossover Mafia | D3 | 10/06

Postby plytho » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:03 pm UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Timing is everything in mafia IMO

Time for you to claim.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:11 pm UTC

This harassing people for being online but not posting is not helpful. Scum can turn on invisible mode if they want to so you are not actually going to catch scum this way. I squeeze in reading in lots of little five minute chunks, sometimes I don't get to the end of a page in that chunk so I don't see any pings. I like to read the thread through once in chronological order, it helps me keep my little models of each players thoughts organized.

I don't reread games like Sabrar and Bessie, I haven't been able to take any notes this game or do any rereading, I'm just do everything off memory because that's the amount of time I can spend on the game now. I'm hoping to do a real analysis before the end of toDay, but not getting fired comes first and happy family comes second. (And a LARP I'm in comes third). Sorry mafia, you are only fourth in my heart.

Also, about deadline, I thought the deadline was midnight my time (PST) D1 for some reason so I wasn't concerned about missing deadline, I was just posting before going to sleep. Again though, the main point is I thought the lynch was set. No new info was going to come to light, I was only concerned with what order people came to the lynch and why. That doesn't mean I didn't care about the game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:29 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Why EGW?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm UTC

Commuters are usually alternating days, I wanted to see if mafia would target him D2.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: On the other hand scum have had really weak fake claims so far so I think we should go for it.
This is an odd thing to say. What makes you think scum has weak fake claims? And do you think all town powers are strong?
I mean scums actual ability to produce plausible fake claims has been weak. Although, as Laser points out Moody didn't try to fake claim and the other two scum were Indy. But still, the evidence is that scum don't have full fake claims.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm UTC

I'm just going to go ahead and throw in my claim since I've already claimed everything important anyway.

I'm Arthas Menethil from Warcraft.
My role is town judgment miller.
Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to SirG/Amrock via mpolo.
Miller is standard miller--I cop as mafia under investigation.
I also acquired chat with plytho on D3 via his power.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm UTC

This harassing people for being online but not posting is not helpful.

Agreed. I am not happy with being expected to have time to read AND post in the same session. It's an entitled sort of attitude IMO, to be harrassed for being online. It's enough to make me want to go invisible too.

Anyway, claims are interesting so far. Database below been updated with the two recent claims. Clearly we got boomfrog VS Red Ryu happening, maybe.

@Boomfrog: did you target someone last night?

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
Frozenflame
Sabrar
Bessie

CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)
Mpolo: Miria from Guardian Legend, bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)
Laserguy: Arthas Menethil from Warcraft. town judgment miller. Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to SirG/Amrock via mpolo. acquired chat with plytho on D3 via plytho's power.
Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death
BoomFrog: Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator. Twice a game I can watch a player. Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.(N0: withheld; N1: mpolo no result; N2: EGW, no result)

MAFIA

TOWN
Peaceful Whale, Maiden in Black (Demon Souls), Town One-Use Mason Cop, killed N2! (Bessie claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)
Zyth: Not 100% sure on power https://quicktopic.com/52/H/8EncU8haCkF Zyth targeted Sabrar N0, apparently Maven N1, most likely Ryu N2
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

INDIE
Amrock, GLaDOS (Portal), Independent Ultra-Bomb Influencer, judgement lynched D2!
Gamma Emerald, Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher), Independent Bounty Hunter, killed by explosion D2!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

FrozenFlame

Postby FrozenFlame » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:07 am UTC

Can't say I'm happy that yall went ahead and lynched jim over obviously candidates like Yolinda/H_A or arguably Boomfrog but I guess I can't complain since I was spared as a result. With Zyth dead, one of the strongest town forces in this game, its about time I stepped it up. Time to close this shit out

But seriously though bravo @ Zyth, you did hella work this game and I appreciate you sticking up for me as shitty as I've been playing this game. You giving me credit for my authentic townie tone was super generous because I agree with you that it's probably the only clear town tell I've made this game and only people who have meta with me would be able to pick up on that with any degree of confidence. The fact that you were willing to possibly make yourself look bad as a result if I flipped scum with you defending me like that as a townie who didn't know my alignment really speaks volumes to the fact that you actually cared to work out hard slots like myself. Kudos to you man, you and the rest of the townies in this game deserve better from me and I'm gonna try to turn over a new leaf here

Yolinda scum flip is so unsurprising it's not even funny. All y'all who were giving me shit for inactivity while giving H_A a free pass look scummy as shit right now. Pretty much anyone who pushed me over Yolinda and cited my "lack of content" or "inactivity/lurking" as rationale deserves the noose so fucking hard. Going to cross reference all you sleazy opportunists with H_A's early interactions to find out which of y'all are actually scum looking to lynch me for free and which of yall are just dumb sheep

Zyths journal has some really neat observations worth looking into IMO. Firstly, he nailed H_A as scum right away which is ridiculously impressive. Somewhat the same with moody, and also cleared PW based on early interactions. Hence my motivation to give early game a nice hard look. Also really intersted to give bessie a new hard look considering Zyth said that moody scum would warrant scrutinizing bessie. I've kind of been giving her slot a pass all game too so this is the wakeup call I needed. Really wish he had given us some better context for final scum list of Laser, Ryu, Plytho but I guess its better than nothing. I've had a hard time coming to a solid conclusion about Laser's slot this game, Ryu I'm reluctant to go after because I believe his claim for reasons I'll get into in a second, and plytho I've thought has been playing pretty townie all game so not really a slot Im trying to push today. Once I take another look at early game and how the potential swing to me yesterday played out I'll have a better idea of whether to reopen consideration on that slot though.

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Can he hammer jim

Ryu get in the thread and claim.

Dr. Mario town doctor,

I protect people each night and when I protect them I leave a note to said person that I protected them. I do not know if this is a public message they get in a pm or not but I was informed investigative roles can see these notes and how many times I protected someone.

When a player dies these notes become public if they have any.

n1: FrozenFlame
n2: you
n3: Sabrar

I can confirm Ryu targeted me N1. I was actually shocked that I received a confirmation that I was doc protected as that almost never happens.

Here's my role:

I'm Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. I'm the Town Deflector. On any given night I can elect to remain "focused" throughout the night and select a target. If I am targeted with a lethal night action, the kill shot is redirected from me to my target. However, remaining "focused" on any given night exhausts me rendering me unable to focus the next night. On N1 I targeted SirG/Amrock. Last night I targeted Boomfrog.

I was lamenting how I've basically squandered this ability because of my shitty play. Being generally held as a scum read or scum lean by most slots this game, no mafiat in their right mind would waste a shot on a viable mislynch target like me. Hence why I softclaimed yesterday hinting that my power was good. In reality, it IS a good power, but only if you are playing exceptional and aggressive town such that you can draw NKs. I figured I was such a low NK target contender that I may as well throw a hail mary and soft claim with the hope that scum would bite and come after me last night. No such luck. And frankly, at this point, I don't even care if scum know I can't defend myself tonight and NK me as town will benefit from having my question marky ass slot removed as a viable mislynch target.

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:

Sabrar wrote:I consider that a part of the claim.

Since when is confirming/denying another slot's claim considered part of one's own claim? This is dodgy as fuck my dude. One of your worst looks this game sabrar, and with Zyth now confirmed town I'm starting to really reconsider the townread I've been giving you all game.

BoomFrog wrote:Jeeze, am I allowed to read the thread during times I don't have time to compose a post?

N0 I withheld

Bolded needs to be addressed ASAP. @ RR, I've quoted you in this post so I know you've been pinged. What's up with this bro?

Boomfrog seems awfully defensive about people calling him out for not being around at deadline last night. Scumstration? :thinkingemoji: As my night action last night suggests, clearly Im still open to offing boom but I'll let y'all know if that changes in the context of my H_A interactions research and deadline shuffle analysis from yesterday

This game is definitely starting to feel a little clearer for me, I'm ready to have some fun this day phase

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 am UTC

Thanks for the claim, FF. First thought is that it's a convenient claim for scum to make (since as you pointed out, scum wouldn't target scummytown!FF), but at the same time, knowing the sorts of roles we've got it doesn't really stick out.

Reads list based only on quality of claim:

BEST CLAIM
~tier 1~
Plytho (I don't think this power is of any use to scum and he seemed willing to prove it, LaserGuy confirmed)
Laserguy
~tier 2~
Red Ryu (confirmed elsewhere, but the notes could be a scum thing)
BoomFrog (purely for the good tracker result not being something scum would claim)
Mpolo (bus driver can be a scummy power)
~tier 3~
FrozenFlame (either unfortunately or "conveniently" didn't manage to do anything with their power)
EGW
WORST CLAIM

EGW hasn't made a detailed claim yet has he? That's why he's so low in my claims list, if/when he makes a detailed claim he'll go up (or stay at the bottom I guess)

Overall reads: EGW probably goes up to mid/top tier, Red Ryu probably goes down a little, BF I'd probably put down because wisdom of crowds

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
Sabrar
Bessie

CLAIMS
Mpolo: Miria from Guardian Legend, bus driver (withheld N0, switch Zyth/amrock N1, jimbob/sabrar N2, withheld N3)
Laserguy: Arthas Menethil from Warcraft. town judgment miller. Judgment is one-time use, which I used to target Zen on N1, and was redirected to SirG/Amrock via mpolo. acquired chat with plytho on D3 via plytho's power.
Red Ryu: Doctor who gives notes to targets; (FrozenFlame, EGW, Sabrar): Notes become public on death; FF confirms receiving Ryu's note
BoomFrog: Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator. Twice a game I can watch a player. Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.(N0: withheld; N1: mpolo no result; N2: EGW, no result)
Frozenflame: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Town Deflector. Can "focus"(not on consecutive nights) to cause all lethal actions to be redirected from self onto target. Target SirG N1, Boomfrog N3 (hinting at good power was to draw scum kill)

MAFIA

TOWN

INDIE

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:52 am UTC

EBWOP: I'd probably lower LaserGuy to Tier 2 because on reflection miller claim is a bit scummier, really I'd probably get rid of Tier 1 and put everyone in tier 2.

Evil George Washington wrote:Order for mass claim:
Ryu
Boom
FrozenFlame
MPOLO
Madge
Laser
Sabrar
Plytho
EGW
Bessie

Just realised it's my turn to claim! Better do that before I vanish the rest of the day :roll: .

I am Cloud from Final Fantasy VII, Town Half-Jester Tinkerer

Abilities: "Limit break" can only be activated when I have N/2 (rounded up) votes at end of the Day. With it, I get 3 abilities, each that can be activated once and must be done in order. If the ability entirely fails (roleblock, target is dead before I use the ability), it's not used up.

Limit break abilities:

Cross-Slash: My target is unable to vote the next day

Blade Beam: I target two players, both of whom are unable to vote the next day

Finishing Touch: I choose to kill one player that had at least two votes at the end of the previous Day.

Restrictions: "Guilt": if I kill a town player directly with either hammer or my finishing touch ability, or any other ability that leads directly to death, I can't vote or use abilities and I no longer count towards the vote count total. I can still post and be affected by abilities, but can't vote. The mod will confirm this.

LaserGuy, your turn to claim!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:10 am UTC

@Madge: Watcher was two shot, so no action last Night.

LaserGuy already claimed. It's Sabrar or EGW's turn, depending on Bessie or Sabrar's decision.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 am UTC

And, btw, wisdom of the crowds is a really poor decision making process when there's three or four scum left.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 am UTC

Oh, someone, (plytho?) asked me about the LaserGuy timing comment. I was thinking at that moment that Zen thought laser guy was trying to distract from the jimbob lynch. But that wasn't what Zen said he was bothered by at the end of D3.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:21 am UTC

Yeah, I was more using it as a "this is my thought right now, I will read the arguments for more nuance as we go forth". Also I think I am biased to put xkcders higher up than they should be.

Thanks for reminding me that LaserGuy claimed. YOu'd think since I had a claim list with Laserguy's claim on it that I'd have remembered :roll:. anyone wondering how i managed to miss so much from my role PM, THIS IS HOW. (also I basically got my role PM and paraphrased it line by line for my claim so if I missed anything THIS timei'm in real trouble)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Madge: Watcher was two shot, so no action last Night.

LaserGuy already claimed. It's Sabrar or EGW's turn, depending on Bessie or Sabrar's decision.

I think plytho is next.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 am UTC

Yes, plytho's claim needs to be made full.

(claim database below has not been updated since it was last posted)

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
Frozenflame
Sabrar
Bessie

CLAIMS

MAFIA

TOWN

INDIE

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:37 am UTC

I think Sabrar is next. I'm ready to claim and will be around for a few hours if Sabrar and plytho show up, EGW should be here soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:Can't say I'm happy that yall went ahead and lynched jim over obviously candidates like Yolinda/H_A or arguably Boomfrog but I guess I can't complain since I was spared as a result. With Zyth dead, one of the strongest town forces in this game, its about time I stepped it up. Time to close this shit out

But seriously though bravo @ Zyth, you did hella work this game and I appreciate you sticking up for me as shitty as I've been playing this game. You giving me credit for my authentic townie tone was super generous because I agree with you that it's probably the only clear town tell I've made this game and only people who have meta with me would be able to pick up on that with any degree of confidence. The fact that you were willing to possibly make yourself look bad as a result if I flipped scum with you defending me like that as a townie who didn't know my alignment really speaks volumes to the fact that you actually cared to work out hard slots like myself. Kudos to you man, you and the rest of the townies in this game deserve better from me and I'm gonna try to turn over a new leaf here

Yolinda scum flip is so unsurprising it's not even funny. All y'all who were giving me shit for inactivity while giving H_A a free pass look scummy as shit right now. Pretty much anyone who pushed me over Yolinda and cited my "lack of content" or "inactivity/lurking" as rationale deserves the noose so fucking hard. Going to cross reference all you sleazy opportunists with H_A's early interactions to find out which of y'all are actually scum looking to lynch me for free and which of yall are just dumb sheep

Zyths journal has some really neat observations worth looking into IMO. Firstly, he nailed H_A as scum right away which is ridiculously impressive. Somewhat the same with moody, and also cleared PW based on early interactions. Hence my motivation to give early game a nice hard look. Also really intersted to give bessie a new hard look considering Zyth said that moody scum would warrant scrutinizing bessie. I've kind of been giving her slot a pass all game too so this is the wakeup call I needed. Really wish he had given us some better context for final scum list of Laser, Ryu, Plytho but I guess its better than nothing. I've had a hard time coming to a solid conclusion about Laser's slot this game, Ryu I'm reluctant to go after because I believe his claim for reasons I'll get into in a second, and plytho I've thought has been playing pretty townie all game so not really a slot Im trying to push today. Once I take another look at early game and how the potential swing to me yesterday played out I'll have a better idea of whether to reopen consideration on that slot though.

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Can he hammer jim

Ryu get in the thread and claim.

Dr. Mario town doctor,

I protect people each night and when I protect them I leave a note to said person that I protected them. I do not know if this is a public message they get in a pm or not but I was informed investigative roles can see these notes and how many times I protected someone.

When a player dies these notes become public if they have any.

n1: FrozenFlame
n2: you
n3: Sabrar

I can confirm Ryu targeted me N1. I was actually shocked that I received a confirmation that I was doc protected as that almost never happens.

Here's my role:

I'm Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. I'm the Town Deflector. On any given night I can elect to remain "focused" throughout the night and select a target. If I am targeted with a lethal night action, the kill shot is redirected from me to my target. However, remaining "focused" on any given night exhausts me rendering me unable to focus the next night. On N1 I targeted SirG/Amrock. Last night I targeted Boomfrog.

I was lamenting how I've basically squandered this ability because of my shitty play. Being generally held as a scum read or scum lean by most slots this game, no mafiat in their right mind would waste a shot on a viable mislynch target like me. Hence why I softclaimed yesterday hinting that my power was good. In reality, it IS a good power, but only if you are playing exceptional and aggressive town such that you can draw NKs. I figured I was such a low NK target contender that I may as well throw a hail mary and soft claim with the hope that scum would bite and come after me last night. No such luck. And frankly, at this point, I don't even care if scum know I can't defend myself tonight and NK me as town will benefit from having my question marky ass slot removed as a viable mislynch target.

#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:

Sabrar wrote:I consider that a part of the claim.

Since when is confirming/denying another slot's claim considered part of one's own claim? This is dodgy as fuck my dude. One of your worst looks this game sabrar, and with Zyth now confirmed town I'm starting to really reconsider the townread I've been giving you all game.

BoomFrog wrote:Jeeze, am I allowed to read the thread during times I don't have time to compose a post?

N0 I withheld

Bolded needs to be addressed ASAP. @ RR, I've quoted you in this post so I know you've been pinged. What's up with this bro?

Boomfrog seems awfully defensive about people calling him out for not being around at deadline last night. Scumstration? :thinkingemoji: As my night action last night suggests, clearly Im still open to offing boom but I'll let y'all know if that changes in the context of my H_A interactions research and deadline shuffle analysis from yesterday

This game is definitely starting to feel a little clearer for me, I'm ready to have some fun this day phase

No idea what is up with the n2 stuff.

This is also why I wanted players to confirm if they got notes or not.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:54 am UTC

@FrozenFlame: Ryu said he didn't know whether players received a note that they where protected. If you and Ryu are scum together I didn't want you to know what to claim before it was your turn. This is why we have claim-order in the first place. You finding that dodgy is weird as hell.
With all that said I did receive a note N3.

@Madge: do you have anything to claim from N2? If yes why did you not mention it with the rest of your claims?

Happy to claim after Madge answers.
Madge wrote:...

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:04 am UTC

I have nothing to claim from N2 or otherwise. I've received no PMs with game information.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:25 am UTC

Ok, that's weird.

I'm Mega Man. Mechanical details:
- I only absorb 1 ability even if the lynched player has multiple (the 'main' one).
- I only absorb it if I was on the wagon at the end of the day (this is the part I complained about in my opening post).
- I lose the ability at the end of the next day.

N0: no abilities, received messaging power from Zen
N1: absorbed the power I linked when replying plytho, total immunity to night actions. Didn't get nothing from know-it-all. Replied to Zen.
N2: absorbed building the jail, can't destroy it. Targeted Madge, left plenty of breadcrumbs.
N3: absorbed vote-limiting, didn't use it. Received note saying that I was protected.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:27 am UTC

EBWOP: absorbed jailing ability specifically says that target is notified. Madge should have known she was jailed and at one time I thought she even left a breadcrumb to that effect.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:31 am UTC

EBWOP2: looked it up, in her opening post from D3 she talks about how her powers will be impossible to activate and even if it happens she won't be able to use them effectively.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 am UTC

I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 am UTC

To clarify, I did receive a notification that Dr. Mario protected me N2.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:57 am UTC

I'm frisk from undertale.

I'm an unconfirmed mason recruiter. I can only recruit people that voted for me at some point during the game. I ignore immunities/roleblocks etc. I can recruit one person each night.

N2 I recruited LaserGuy N2.
N3 I recruited one of bessie or EGW. LaserGuy can confirm this. I'd rather not say who to keep scum guessing. But there's 4 people who know who it is so if necessary any of them can claim later.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:58 am UTC

Note: Dr. Mario is my main on Smashboards. How interesting that Red Ryu seems to be him.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:59 am UTC

@Sabrar: At that I was lamenting my scumhunting skills since for my powers to be useful I'd have to identify scum, which I think I may have mentioned before once or twice?

I received no notification I was put in gaol or anything like that. I've PMed the mod to confirm they didn't forget me but I'm guessing that's not likely.

Makes me suspicious of your mega-mannyness but then again it's something that can be counterclaimed (or not: mega man could be scum I guess?). We can test whether I'm in a gaol by activating my first ability and having me remove someone's vote, if that's something people would consider worthwhile.

RE Claims: Does Plytho have a more elaborate claim than "can chat wiht anyone who votes with him"?

=================
CLAIM DATABASE

Spoiler:
UNCLAIMED PLAYERS
Bessie

CLAIMS
Plytho: I'm frisk from undertale. unconfirmed mason recruiter. can only recruit people who voted for him. Recruited Laserguy N2. Recruited either Bessie or EGW N3
EGW: I am Simea, from Crystalis [NES]. I am a Jack of all trades, and I can use different abilities. Barrier, Telepathy, and Paralysis. I already used Barrier N1; did receive notification that Dr Mario protected him
Sabrar: MegaMan - absorbs an ability and can use it the next day. Details: viewtopic.php?p=4255774#p4255774
Frozenflame: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Town Deflector. Can "focus"(not on consecutive nights) to cause all lethal actions to be redirected from self onto target. Target SirG N1, Boomfrog N3 (hinting at good power was to draw scum kill)

MAFIA

TOWN

INDIE

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:00 am UTC

EBWOP

Plytho's claim half-ninja'd my post, I edited it to include Plytho's claim in my table but not to remove the note asking for Plytho's claim.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@EGW: so you think that Madge and myself are both moody's scumbuddies, right? Because I can prove it otherwise.

So can you explain what this was about. You said you might have been forced to claim, making me think you were likely linked somehow.

Return to “Mafia”