Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Night 3 - Time to go, CEO

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bessie

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Night 3 - Time to go, CEO

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:40 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:When trying to consider whether it is possible for both bessie and wam to be town, it occurred to me that a possible scum power role in this game, assuming the presence of both watcher and tracker in a small game, is to fake a result for another player, which would get added to their list of results. In this case, the faked result would be given to bessie that wam targeted LaserGuy.
Did jimbob really figure this out on D2? And Hari guessed Framer here? I’m impressed.

Oh, and jimbobmacdoodle, your Gojoe spoilers have been rather enlightening. I’ve updated my dossier on you. :)

Hari Seldon wrote:I am sorry that my deception influenced your Night action, Bessie. I made my post on a whim, hoping to save the Vice President and his beautiful body, but it certainly backfired. I usually try not to be deceptive as a Town and that is why.
Oh, I pointed that out because I believe you influenced me in the right way. Tracking jimbob turned out to be the correct choice, as it led me to moody. Madge/Sabrar, I’m a bit unclear as to how the framer works. What would have my result been if I tracked ConMan?

Hari Seldon wrote:It was really fun playing with all of you. I will certainly return in the future!
Yes please please do. I was very interested in the scoring method you used on P1 and P2, and was quite disappointed that you didn’t have time to continue with it.

Maven89 wrote:Gotta say though, Watcher is a much more powerful role than the mods seemed to give it credit for. I'd argue that it's more powerful than a tracker, it's almost always easier to target the night kill than it is to target the person doing the kill.
Agree completely, at least for me picking the target is easier, but I’m not that great of a scum hunter. And Maven, I thought your D2 claim was believable, but your lack of scum hunting D2 was suspicious.

moody7277 wrote:So, scum again. That makes three out of four games since I came back from my small hiatus. Nowhere near freezeblade's streak, but I can begin to see how annoying it is.
I feel your pain, but for the opposite reason. :|

moody7277 wrote:I was already planning what my D4 opening post would have been (for the record, it would have been "The pitch has dropped, the black swan has been found, bessie is scum.")
I’m a bit disappointed this didn’t happen, as I get the feeling I would have rather enjoyed the challenge. Not that I’m confrontational or anything like that... :wink:

SDK wrote: Hey I nailed the entire game on D1!

Don't let my wrongness besmirch my hard-earned reputation!
Reputation preserved.

SDK wrote:Bessie is town, obv obv obv. One day it won't be obv and you'll all be screwed.
I’m still waiting for that day. And how was I so obvitown on D1?

SDK wrote:If that's all the time I need to spend on this game to correctly call it Day 1, maybe I do have time to play afterall! :P
Secret Santa is still open. :D

Ok. Sabrar. Spoilered for length. :P
Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote: wam is actually your ghoul assistant (so you'll be able to confirm that his role is in the game) but I doubt you will give him townie points for that.
Correct.

Sabrar wrote:So let's talk about your setup-speculation instead:
bessie wrote:6 town – cop (with TBD restriction), doctor, tracker or watcher, 1-shot bulletproof townie, backup or bodyguard, and innocent child,
No, I think giving every townie player an ability would be too much, especially if they are standard and not weakened in a way. I'm trying to learn from my previous mistakes.
Thus the TBD restriction in my setup speculation. :)

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:two of which are masons
No, being Masons is more than enough, no need to give them additional abilities.
Mason was in there because I thought I was the mason, and my mason buddy would be my bodyguard/backup. This would be similar to the roles mpolo and I had in Draculafia.

Sabrar wrote:This would be standard but I feel it gets boring and predictable after a while. You should not be allowed to guess scum-powers so easily. :D
:P

Agree with most of this post. I need to think about it a while.

Interesting and quite remarkable D3 speculation in this post.

Sabrar wrote:However she doesn't want to claim just yet, hoping to utilize her power N2 as well (from her pov if scum!wam is lynched then she essentially becomes Cop because there is only 1 scum remaining to perform the NK)
This was what happened, but the reason wan not quite correct. As you know, I go into every night with the absolute certainty that I will be killed anyway.

Sabrar wrote: bessie's tunneling usually prevents her to see things from the opposite side. No, her theory will be that wam roleblocked Maven to make him appear scummy when he can't produce any night-results.
1. Where does that come from? :? 2. Correct.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Sabrar, are you frustrated with me me me because I’ve been gaming the game?
Not at all, it's been fun. Maybe you'll learn no to do it in the future? Nahh... :)
This is sarcasm right? Right.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Interesting, I strongly suspected there would be an innocent-child-that-masonizes type role in the game. 8-)

So how am I doing Sabrar? Do I have the rest of it right, or am I wrong about everything else? :D

Well, you're quite wrong about the specifics. :D
I was almost there. The role was similar to how I thought it would work. By innocent-child-type my guess was that the receptionist would be revealed as town to their partner, which was kinda what happened.

Madge wrote:The pair was the vampire shareholder and the ghoul; when one died, the other would be given a one-shot use of the other's power (so kind of like an inversion of the usual lovers trope: instead of being so sad at being alone, they are so ANGRY that someone killed their love that they need REVENGE - I got the idea from two uniques in the roguelike Crawl who do this)
I like this. Too bad I didn’t have the opportunity to get REALLY ANGRY. :twisted:

Hmm, my role name was not in wam’s role pm. Good thing for town I didn’t ask him for it. :shock:

Madge, sorry you didn’t get the job. Good luck with the next one.

Thanks everyone for playing, and especially to ConMan for replacing. And thank you Madge and Sabrar for the game.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Madge/Sabrar, I’m a bit unclear as to how the framer works. What would have my result been if I tracked ConMan?
You would have received the correct result of ConMan not having visited anybody. This version of Framer works by guessing the target of the Tracker/Watcher and putting an additional name on their result list. I'm not sure how to better explain it.
Power: Framer: You can target one player each night and name another player. If an investigative ability is used on the targeted player, the second player’s name will appear in the results.

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:bessie's tunneling usually prevents her to see things from the opposite side.
1. Where does that come from? :?
Just my impression. When you're truly tunneling you seem to view the world through a very narrow lens which prevents you to really consider other alternatives. It's quite similar to what I tend to do...

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:41 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Madge, sorry you didn’t get the job. Good luck with the next one.

Hey, don't count me out yet! I haven't got any rejection letter! I give myself a 10% chance at job #1 still :lol:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:57 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:You would have received the correct result of ConMan not having visited anybody.
Ok, I see now. I think I was confusing jimbob and ConMan as moody’s target.

Sabrar wrote: Just my impression. When you're truly tunneling you seem to view the world through a very narrow lens which prevents you to really consider other alternatives. It's quite similar to what I tend to do...
Aw, and I’ve been trying to make improvements in this area too! Guess I have a way to go. :P

Madge wrote:
bessie wrote:Madge, sorry you didn’t get the job. Good luck with the next one.

Hey, don't count me out yet! I haven't got any rejection letter! I give myself a 10% chance at job #1 still :lol:
Good to hear there's still a chance!

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 am UTC

I was actually confused on Moody's ability, I thought it would swap the results, aka that Bessie would see the people I targeted instead of adding me to the results of Wam.

I forgot to say this, but major probs to Harri for calling me out on my bullshit right at the start.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:40 am UTC

bessie wrote:Hmm, my role name was not in wam’s role pm. Good thing for town I didn’t ask him for it. :shock:

Yeah, I realised that discrepancy when I was posting the role PMs :shock:. That was a major screw-up on my part, they should have been symmetrical.

Then again, I'm remembering a batman themed mafia where two people had the rolename "tweedledum" and nobody had the role name "tweedledee", purely for claiming shenanigans. So I'm going to say that that was a deliberate effort to keep town on their toes :wink:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:04 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
SDK wrote:Bessie is town, obv obv obv. One day it won't be obv and you'll all be screwed.
I’m still waiting for that day. And how was I so obvitown on D1?

Gut feeling, that's all. Until I see otherwise, I'm going to continue assuming my gut is right about you. I think it'll know when you're finally acting differently, but you've been changing over the years we've played together, so who knows!

Good work town. You played a good game here.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:35 pm UTC

This was a great game! I'm glad I subbed in, although I don't feel I contributed a heck of a lot to the town win other than doing my darndest to stop people suspecting me of being scum (and not necessarily doing it that well). The flavour was wonderfully written, and the setup was quite clever.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Return to “Mafia”