Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Night 3 - Time to go, CEO

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Day 2 - Bâ Unbound

Postby moody7277 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm UTC

The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm UTC

Just to avoid confusion I believe that was hammer
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm UTC

That was indeed hammer. Maven89 has been lynched. N2 begins, please send us your night-actions. Madge will post flavor later.

Madge

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Night 2 - Blue Screen of Death

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:45 am UTC

“Okay, sure, it wasn’t the CFO,” Came a voice, hesitating to take the floor. “But then, who was it? Feisty teen vampire hunters didn’t finger our company on their own accord, did they?”

“Well, I’m not sure about you, but I noticed our IT consultant acting rather suspiciously last night. I think it might have been the reason that our best prognosticator is now enjoying a peaceful afterlife instead of maximising our profits!” The accuser had a reputation for being quietly observant - or, as some would say, rather nosey.

All heads turned to look at the pale IT consultant.

“It couldn’t have been me! I’m the one who has been trying to get you all on encrypted systems. If I had my way I never would have let you guys use the useless party planners you went with. This hotel is in such a bad part of town and with its lax security it’s practically begging to be broken into.”

“I think the computer expert has a point.” Piped up someone else. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say Nosey McNoseyFace over there is lying. I think you might have took pity on that mummy and helped it pass over, and now you’re trying to blame our underappreciated tech support worker!”

There was some animated discussion as people debated whether the nosey parker or the IT consultant could be believed; in the end, the sound of someone loudly clearing their throat silenced them.

“That’s it. I’m done. IT would always take forever to answer my calls and insist I restart my computer even though I did it myself three minutes ago. Screw ‘em.”

The person who spoke up pulled their mobile phone charger out of their pocket, grabbed the unfortunate soul, and pulled the cable tight around their neck until the bone snapped loudly.

“Wait! That might not be enough. Here.” A hairy onlooker grabbed the wooden skewer from a lamb kebab and pushed it into the corpse’s heart with strong, hairy arms.

The lights went out.

It is now night. Please send any actions in ASAP.

Night ends in 1 day, 20 hours, or when all actions are in and people with chat powers agree to end the night.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Day 3 - The Times They Are a-Changelin'

Postby Madge » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:59 am UTC

This time, the darkness gave rise to hurried murmurs and subdued scrambling as the gaggle of vampires, ghouls and banshees tried to do whatever they felt they needed to. Most ran as far from others as they could manage, hoping to avoid the notice of whichever traitors were amongst them. Some ran towards what they thought were the worst sources of noise, hoping to catch a glimpse of something incriminating.

The scrambling endured for so long people started wondering if the lights would ever come back, or if they would be stuck in darkness until the intruders had taken them all. But at about that point, the lights flickered back on.

A body lay in the centre of the ballroom, the point from which everyone had run, hoping not to become a victim. It seemed that one of their number did not follow this strategy, with predictably deadly consequences.

The body was in six pieces: the head, arms and legs had been detached where they met the body, with what looked like the dull cuts of a machete. There was no blood; these had not been the deadly blows, but rather the final flourish of whatever sick mind would attack innocent corrupt supernatural stockbrokers. The deadly instrument still remained in place; a thick, oaken stake driven through the heart.

Jimbobmacdoodle was murdered in the night. He was a Vampire Love Interest, aligned with town.

“Who could have done this?!” A disgusted voice rang out in the chaos.

“How horrific. The company won’t be the same without one of its finest minds…”

“Hey guys! Guys!” The head of security called them to the corpse they had dispatched shortly before the lights came out.

“What’s happened?” People rushed around the body, which, in death, had an odd glistening silver skin; its eyes, open and staring blankly into space, glowed a faded purple. It was definitely not human, but not vampire either as it had sworn.

“It’s a changeling.” An elder in a dark robe murmured. “When alive, they can take any form they wish. I have never seen one dead before.”

“I don’t think you’ve seen this, either.” The head of security picked up a tablet that had been in a secret pocket sewn into the corpse’s jacket. It was not a simple, ordinary piece of computer equipment: a cable came out of it and was plugged into a small black box with a dozen antennas. “This is hacking equipment. It’s probably how they got into the security systems.”

Maven89 was executed by majority vote. They were a Changeling Teen Hacker, aligned with scum.

It is now Day 3. With 5 players alive, it is 3 to hammer.

Day 3 ends in 5 days, 23 hours.

I have added an extra day to the deadline. If you need a further extension due to the American holiday, please let me know.

If you expected a PM at the end of last Night, and didn't get one, let me know ASAP and I'll find it for you.
Last edited by Madge on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Hari Seldon

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Day 3 - The Times They Are a-Changelin'

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 am UTC

:'(

bessie

Re: Halloween Mafia - The Werewolf of Wall Street - Day 3 - The Times They Are a-Changelin'

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 am UTC

Ok, all my scum reads this game have been wrong. I tracked jimbobmacdoodle last night, as he was at the top of my scum list. He visited ConMan.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 am UTC

Bessie, what are your reads now?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 am UTC

Hari, I did not have time to reevaluate my reads over the night phase, as I have been very busy for the past few days. So at the end of D2 my scum picks were wam, jimbob, and ConMan. I should have time to do a reread tomorrow afternoon. I didn’t believe wam’s claim but was thinking about it when you posted this:
Hari Seldon wrote:Bessie, Peaceful Whale said that he obtained that information when asking the Hosts about his flavor. His flavor said something about being able to sneak around.

Here is the post I was typing when moody hammered.
Peaceful Whale wrote:I think this is just flavor, as I cannot actually watch anyone, and can be investigated...
Hari Seldon I think I see it now, I assumed that Peaceful Whale was referring to a cop investigation. I just reread it and it could be interpreted as he had a mechanic where he automatically targeted players at night. I don’t have time to rethink everything before work, so go ahead and hammer.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 am UTC

Hari Seldon wrote::'(

Why upset we lynched scum!

@bessie do you believe my claim now?

I watched myself last night as I thought I would be the target of the nk, when maven turned up scum. No one came to visit me.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:48 pm UTC

So, with what we were fairly sure about Maven being out there, town!wam is looking pretty solid since a. he wasn't lying about his result, b. jimbob's flip also goes along with something I remember wam mentioning wrt bessie's results.

What are people's opinions on a mass claim toDay?

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:28 pm UTC

Something I read that my subconscious finally screamed WTF loud enough for me to post about:

wam wrote:I watched myself last night as I thought I would be the target of the nk, when maven turned up scum. No one came to visit me.

You were going to watch who killed you and then tell us after you died? I know we're all supernatural beings here, but still... :?

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Something I read that my subconscious finally screamed WTF loud enough for me to post about:

wam wrote:I watched myself last night as I thought I would be the target of the nk, when maven turned up scum. No one came to visit me.

You were going to watch who killed you and then tell us after you died? I know we're all supernatural beings here, but still... :?

Banking on a doctor. My logic was as follows, scum knew maven was scum. Following that I would be 95% con town today with a known watcher power, making me the most likely NK target. Hope doctor was a in the game and b would follow the same logic.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:00 pm UTC

I had a whole follow the cop style plan in mind with a NL. HAving thought it through some more it won't work so lets give up on that one.

With Maven's flip, Conman's post here

Spoiler:
ConMan wrote:Thinking about things in terms of Occam's Razor, rather than trying to create a linear town-to-scum list, the following are the possibilities I can see in order of simplest to most complicated explanation:

1. Bessie and Maven are telling the truth, wam is lying.

It only requires one liar, and it means wam is almost certainly scum. In this scenario, wam killed LG and potentially targeted Maven as a Mafia watcher/tracker to confirm that Maven had no obvious alibi so that he could be a scapegoat. The biggest problem I have with this is that I still don't believe Maven is 100% vanilla town, although I can accept that there may be an aspect to his role that he is unaware of.

2. Bessie and Maven are lying, wam is telling the truth.

Risky because if we lynch Maven and he turns out scum then bessie is probably next on the chopping block.

3. Bessie is lying, wam and Maven are telling the truth.

This assumes that something confused wam's result, but then bessie just used the opportunity to throw shade on wam. This one seems a bit weird, but possible.

4. Bessie and wam are telling the truth, Maven may or may not be lying.

This one requires something to be messing up the watcher/tracker results. It could be that Maven used an ability to throw suspicion on wam, or a third party was able to muddy the waters to make everyone involved in this look bad. My suggested Bus Driver scenario falls under this.

5. Wam and Maven are lying, Bessie is telling the truth.

This one is either the straightforward but unlikely case where wam and Maven are mafia and SK in some order, or a piece of masterful but really weird misdirection if they're scum buddies.

6. Bessie and wam are lying, Maven is telling the truth.

Some crazy bussing happening here if true.

In the absence of effects that can confuse investigations (or bussing), I feel like we have to assume that either wam is scum or bessie and Maven are scum together. On further consideration, I guess that lynching wam actually gives us the most information on the situation. If we lynch wam and he turns out town, then I would guess that we'd go Maven then Bessie. If he turns out scum, then Maven looks decent and bessie is presumably at worst neutral. I think I'm ok with this result.

Unvote Maven

Vote wam

All of this of course assumes that we get no information other than the lynch reveal, so I'm sure that things will go in a ridiculous direction, but for now I think this is the way to go.

Looks worse, Hari has already pointed out the issues in the logic.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Hari, I did not have time to reevaluate my reads over the night phase, as I have been very busy for the past few days. So at the end of D2 my scum picks were wam, jimbob, and ConMan. I should have time to do a reread tomorrow afternoon. I didn’t believe wam’s claim but was thinking about it when you posted this:
Hari Seldon wrote:Bessie, Peaceful Whale said that he obtained that information when asking the Hosts about his flavor. His flavor said something about being able to sneak around.

Here is the post I was typing when moody hammered.
Peaceful Whale wrote:I think this is just flavor, as I cannot actually watch anyone, and can be investigated...
Hari Seldon I think I see it now, I assumed that Peaceful Whale was referring to a cop investigation. I just reread it and it could be interpreted as he had a mechanic where he automatically targeted players at night. I don’t have time to rethink everything before work, so go ahead and hammer.

I am not certain I follow. My assumption was that Peaceful Whale interpreted his flavor to mean he had a special ability such as watching or hiding, but he asked the Hosts who then told him otherwise.
wam wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote::'(

Why upset we lynched scum!

@bessie do you believe my claim now?

I watched myself last night as I thought I would be the target of the nk, when maven turned up scum. No one came to visit me.

JimBob was my strongest town read. I was hoping that my last post would influence Scum to choose another target for their kill.

moody7277 wrote:So, with what we were fairly sure about Maven being out there, town!wam is looking pretty solid since a. he wasn't lying about his result, b. jimbob's flip also goes along with something I remember wam mentioning wrt bessie's results.

Could you elaborate on point b?

moody7277 wrote:What are people's opinions on a mass claim toDay?

I would prefer that only ConMan claim for now. Unless you have information to provide, you and I can claim later if necessary.

wam wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Something I read that my subconscious finally screamed WTF loud enough for me to post about:

Banking on a doctor. My logic was as follows, scum knew maven was scum. Following that I would be 95% con town today with a known watcher power, making me the most likely NK target. Hope doctor was a in the game and b would follow the same logic.

I do not agree that you are 95% town. There are still oddities in your play and discrepancies to be explained. The Night kill target is more likely to have been chosen by a Wam or Bessie mafia than a ConMan mafia. It would have been optimal for a ConMan mafia to kill one of the investigation roles. Your claim and Bessie's claim are still in contradiction. If one of you is a Mafia, you ought not have killed the other because it would reflect poorly on yourself. Jimbob and Moody were your optimal targets. Lastly, Maven did not put up a strong fight against your claim and you are the only player he did not comment on Day 1, so the chance that you were partners and that you bussed him are still high.

I do not agree with the logic that you used to target yourself. It is based on the assumption that there is a Doctor and that the said Doctor would protect you. Even if you have good reason for the first assumption, the second assumption does not have any grounding. For the Doctor to follow the same logic as you, they would have had to know either your alignment or Maven's alignment. They would not have known either of these during the Night. The logic that Scum would target you would have only made sense from your perspective because you would have been aware of your alignment.

All that being said, I believe that ConMan is still the most suspicious because of his attempt to maneuver the lynch toward Wam. ConMan, please claim.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:
moody7277 wrote:So, with what we were fairly sure about Maven being out there, town!wam is looking pretty solid since a. he wasn't lying about his result, b. jimbob's flip also goes along with something I remember wam mentioning wrt bessie's results.

Went through wam's posts and found this one which was what I thought I recalled; bessie mentioned him visiting someone other than LaserGuy. Lines up with the flip as jimbob may have been who wam was talking about.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm UTC

Bessie said that she was the character Wam mentioned.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:43 pm UTC

@ Hari, so your suggesting a me and maven scum team. And we would decide to bus the guy who was neutral in a lot of reads rather than me who at the top of scum lists?

THat was my logic, I was also hoping to get two visits, no nk then we have two candidates lynch them both and we win.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

Also at Hari, why did you not include yourself as a possible NK target?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

wam wrote: @bessie do you believe my claim now?
I believe you’re holding back something.

moody7277 wrote:

This was my reaction too. wam, I’m really not buying your explanation. It seems like you selected a target that would give minimal information.

Hari Seldon wrote:I am not certain I follow. My assumption was that Peaceful Whale interpreted his flavor to mean he had a special ability such as watching or hiding, but he asked the Hosts who then told him otherwise.
I thought that you were suggesting that Peaceful Whale may have had a role that autotargeted, as in he didn’t actually get a watcher result, but could be investigated and seen targeting. I had said in a couple of places that I thought wam autotargeting was an unlikely game mechanic, but if Peaceful Whale also had an autotargeting role wam might be more likely to be telling the truth. Or now that I’m thinking about it, less likely, because in a game this small the investigation results would be less useful.

I keep thinking about jimbob’s flip and it makes no sense to me.

jimbob asks Peaceful Whale his character’s name here.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Peaceful Whale, what's your character name?

Peaceful Whale’s reply in the next post.
Peaceful Whale wrote:I don’t have a name. It’s just “werewolf love interest”

jimbob should have recognize Peaceful Whale’s role (as his love interest or rival), as I did with wam’s. He did not switch his vote from Peaceful Whale, so perhaps he did think Peaceful Whale was his rival, see here.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Okay, this will be my last post for the Day. I wouldn't be surprised if some of what Peaceful Whale has said is true (e.g. He might be scum or indie who gets a bonus if he kills the Vice President, thus acting as an anti-claim mechanism), but he has repeatedly failed to address his scum slip or various other content issues raised by others, so I'm not sure I buy him being nameless semi-vanilla townie.

I asked jimbob to reply the above quote. He did here.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: I have a job title mentioned in my flavour; I assumed that others would too, though maybe that isn't the case. Aside: I don't think we should all start claiming it one way or another (i.e. don't claim whether or not you have such a title). Given that assumption, I didn't believe Peaceful Whale when he said he didn't have a "name", although I guess in retrospect he might have taken it to mean something like "Alfred" or "John", rather than, e.g. "Secretary" or "HR Manager". I didn't believe him to be townie either for reasons previously stated (primarily failing to address my questions about his scum slip). The semi-vanilla part was the only bit that I did believe.

This is so odd that I’m wondering if there is a backup that assumed jimbob’s role and the flip is the backup’s role.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pm UTC

Yay for finally getting a scum, boo to me for being swayed by my own flawed logic.

So assuming the 6-2-1 split, we're looking for Maven's scum buddy, and I know that as the only other person who was still voting for wam at the end of D2 I look like a fairly obvious, if clueless, option. I am open to the possibility of claiming, even though it will make my ability 100% useless, if that's really what it takes to clear my name. At this point, I figure that my ability is not that useful right now anyway, since it kind of relies on me actually being considered a plausible threat to the scum team and right now I must look like all their Christmasses (or Halloweens) have come at once.

That said, for now I will at least mention a few things about my role:

1. My species is Poltergeist
2. I am a member of the board of directors, not further specified
3. I am town
4. My ability is called "Haunting"

I still feel like we haven't got a clear view of what was going on with bessie's N1 results, and I'm also trying to work out why jimbob was picked for the NK - was it because he wasn't directly involved in all the events of N1/D2 and hence was less likely to be protected or watched, or did scum know that leaving bessie and wam alive was the best way to keep everyone confused? (Which would certainly be the case if either bessie or wam was scum, since as Hari pointed out killing the other would put the finger of suspicion firmly on their head.)

While I have shown terrible judgement, I will try to at least work out what's pinging me most about each of you:

bessie - unexplained results, and of course investigating the NK target is never a good look
moody - flying a bit under the radar, interested in a mass claim (which is fine, but also can be great for scum)
wam - hard to read but mostly exonorated by Maven's flip, self-targeting is a bit odd especially not knowing whether there actually is a doctor
Hari - keen to pin blame on wam or me (and from my position obviously that looks dodgy, but kind of hard to blame him for)

So which of these do I actually find scummy? I'm not sure. I still feel that bessie's results are inaccurate due to an external factor, but I'm not convinced as to what that is and they do serve to make the whole situation tricky. I'd love to know what jimbob was doing visiting me, too (presumably trying to get some kind of information).
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 am UTC

ConMan we will lynch the remaining Mafia today. I have information that will make certain of that, but I need for you to out everything about your role.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 am UTC

wam, I’m interested in the answer to this question.
bessie wrote:
wam wrote:I had guessed that Bessie and nope.
So exactly when did you guess that I tracked you?

Hari Seldon wrote:The Night kill target is more likely to have been chosen by a Wam or Bessie mafia than a ConMan mafia. It would have been optimal for a ConMan mafia to kill one of the investigation roles. Your claim and Bessie's claim are still in contradiction. If one of you is a Mafia, you ought not have killed the other because it would reflect poorly on yourself. Jimbob and Moody were your optimal targets.
Perhaps, but if ConMan is by himself, it would make sense for him to select the target with the lowest chance of being watched, since ConMan claimed a passive ability. Well I guess it makes sense for any mafia to select the target with the lowest chance of being watched. Which I would have thought was wam (not thinking he would self target).

moody7277 wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:

Went through wam's posts and found this one which was what I thought I recalled; bessie mentioned him visiting someone other than LaserGuy. Lines up with the flip as jimbob may have been who wam was talking about.
moody I’ve been thinking about this and I’m still not following how you. My target, results, and theories as to how I got that result were extensively discussed on D2.

ConMan wrote: So assuming the 6-2-1 split, we're looking for Maven's scum buddy, and I know that as the only other person who was still voting for wam at the end of D2 I look like a fairly obvious, if clueless, option. I am open to the possibility of claiming, even though it will make my ability 100% useless, if that's really what it takes to clear my name. At this point, I figure that my ability is not that useful right now anyway, since it kind of relies on me actually being considered a plausible threat to the scum team and right now I must look like all their Christmasses (or Halloweens) have come at once.
I announced my intent to vote wam at the end of D2 (I didn’t so that moody and Hari could switch without worrying about some last minute shenanigans and moody could make his epic Verdi post which was a bonus page topper). So if we’re only considering D2 votes, I’m at least as suspicious as you. If we’re considering other factors, I’m probably more suspicious, as you already pointed out.
ConMan wrote: bessie - unexplained results, and of course investigating the NK target is never a good look

ConMan wrote:So which of these do I actually find scummy? I'm not sure. I still feel that bessie's results are inaccurate due to an external factor, but I'm not convinced as to what that is and they do serve to make the whole situation tricky. I'd love to know what jimbob was doing visiting me, too (presumably trying to get some kind of information).
Do you feel all my results are inaccurate, or only N1? I would like to know what jimbob was doing too, but it seems that we won’t be getting any power information in the flips. Not having this information seems like a disadvantage for town, and makes me more open to claiming (which I am usually against).

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:37 am UTC

bessie wrote:moody I’ve been thinking about this and I’m still not following how you. My target, results, and theories as to how I got that result were extensively discussed on D2.

Excerpts to specifically point to:

bessie]Oh, and wam, I tracked you last night...I got told you made two stops.[/quote]

[quote="wam wrote:
The only possibility I can see is from the flavour I was given. I am apparently in love with the major shareholder and need to visit him regularly. I got a heavy lovers vibe from it and did double check at the beginning of the game I wasn't a lover.

[quote="Madge]Jimbobmacdoodle was murdered in the night. He was a Vampire Love Interest, aligned with town.[/quote]

Emphasis mine. Basically, jimbob's flip verifies flavor elements that wam was talking about in his quoted post, which I think makes your confusion on what I'm talking about a little weird since you went through some of the same chain of reasoning in more detail than me, bringing PW into it as well.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 am UTC

Reposting to fix technical stuff

bessie wrote:moody I’ve been thinking about this and I’m still not following how you. My target, results, and theories as to how I got that result were extensively discussed on D2.

Excerpts to specifically point to:

bessie wrote:Oh, and wam, I tracked you last night...I got told you made two stops.

wam wrote:The only possibility I can see is from the flavour I was given. I am apparently in love with the major shareholder and need to visit him regularly. I got a heavy lovers vibe from it and did double check at the beginning of the game I wasn't a lover.

Madge wrote:Jimbobmacdoodle was murdered in the night. He was a Vampire Love Interest, aligned with town.

Emphasis mine. Basically, jimbob's flip verifies flavor elements that wam was talking about in his quoted post, which I think makes your confusion on what I'm talking about a little weird since you went through some of the same chain of reasoning in more detail than me, bringing PW into it as well.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 am UTC

Moody, Bessie has the role that Wam spoke of:

bessie wrote:I’m pretty sure wam is lying. I saw him visit LaserGuy and Maven89.
wam wrote: The only possibility I can see is from the flavour I was given. I am apparently in love with the major shareholder and need to visit him regularly. I got a heavy lovers vibe from it and did double check at the beginning of the game I wasn't a lover. Hence the post below.
I think that it’s not impossible that you have a role that automatically targets another player every night. I was really surprised when you wrote this because the role you described in the flavor is mine, and I can believe that you have a hidden mechanic where you visit me every night. However, everyone has claimed except ConMan, and he already claimed in this post that his power was passive, and no one has claimed to swap me and Maven, or claimed to have targeted Maven. So I think that the flavor is just flavor, and may even be the flavor in your safe claim. I also think wam may have killed LaserGuy and used a power on Maven (roleblock, role cop?). I’m still disturbed by Maven’s vanilla claim, but I think wam is scum.

Vote: wam

Ninja’d by ConMan while I was typing this post.

ConMan wrote:2. It seems like bessie was the one to start the wagon on PW, and on the basis of what seem to me to be kind of arbitrary scumtells, so I'm a little suspicious of her.
No. jimbob voted for Peaceful Whale on P3. I voted for Peaceful Whale on P4.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am UTC

Moody, Peaceful Whale was also a Werewolf Love Interest, so we were already aware that such roles existed. Why are you viewing JimBob's flip differently than Peaceful Whale's?

wam wrote:@ Hari, so your suggesting a me and maven scum team. And we would decide to bus the guy who was neutral in a lot of reads rather than me who at the top of scum lists?
Yes. That is one of the three routes I am considering toDay.
wam wrote:Also at Hari, why did you not include yourself as a possible NK target?
I was number 2 or 3 on most of the lists each person made yesterday, so I would not have been a better target than JimBob or Moody.

bessie wrote:This is so odd that I’m wondering if there is a backup that assumed jimbob’s role and the flip is the backup’s role.
I do not think so. Peaceful Whale said that he and the Vice President were after the Receptionist's heart. In the flip flavor, one of the characters said that JimBob's character was one of the company's finest minds. So he was probably the Vice President rather than the Receptionist. JimBob probably had the same flavor as Peaceful Whale, only with the job titles swapped, so he wanted to know Peaceful Whale's job title in order to confirm.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 am UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:Moody, Peaceful Whale was also a Werewolf Love Interest, so we were already aware that such roles existed. Why are you viewing JimBob's flip differently than Peaceful Whale's?

jimbob is listed as "Vampire Love Interest", so that's different. Don't know if wam's got him a little harem going there, but I'm suspecting it's some sort of death flavor since the other two talking about aren't vanilla which you'd expect to see evidence of upon flipping.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:33 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
wam wrote:The only possibility I can see is from the flavour I was given. I am apparently in love with the major shareholder and need to visit him regularly. I got a heavy lovers vibe from it and did double check at the beginning of the game I wasn't a lover.

Madge]Jimbobmacdoodle was murdered in the night. He was a Vampire Love Interest, aligned with town.[/quote]

Emphasis mine. Basically, jimbob's flip verifies flavor elements that wam was talking about in his quoted post, which I think makes your confusion on what I'm talking about a little weird since you went through some of the same chain of reasoning in more detail than me, bringing PW into it as well.[/quote]
Except that bessie claims that she's the major shareholder, and her watcher results showed wam visiting Maven and LaserGuy, not her. So we have an almost-explanation, that doesn't quite make sense (unless we have multiple major shareholders, of course). As someone who is just a random member of the board, I find it surprising that I would possibly be jimbob's crush, but perhaps that's just the way it panned out (I dunno, maybe the love interests were picked randomly).

[quote="Hari Seldon wrote:
ConMan we will lynch the remaining Mafia today. I have information that will make certain of that, but I need for you to out everything about your role.

My role has not affected anything in the game up to this point, and it will not have an effect on the lynch today. And frankly, as long as you're the only person demanding me to claim, I consider that to be suspicious in its own right.

bessie wrote:Perhaps, but if ConMan is by himself, it would make sense for him to select the target with the lowest chance of being watched, since ConMan claimed a passive ability. Well I guess it makes sense for any mafia to select the target with the lowest chance of being watched. Which I would have thought was wam (not thinking he would self target).

Sure, but if I were scum I probably wouldn't claim a passive ability at all in case I NK'ed someone and got found out by a watcher/tracker.

bessie wrote:
ConMan wrote: bessie - unexplained results, and of course investigating the NK target is never a good look

ConMan wrote:So which of these do I actually find scummy? I'm not sure. I still feel that bessie's results are inaccurate due to an external factor, but I'm not convinced as to what that is and they do serve to make the whole situation tricky. I'd love to know what jimbob was doing visiting me, too (presumably trying to get some kind of information).
Do you feel all my results are inaccurate, or only N1? I would like to know what jimbob was doing too, but it seems that we won’t be getting any power information in the flips. Not having this information seems like a disadvantage for town, and makes me more open to claiming (which I am usually against).

At this point, I consider your N1 results to still be 50% questionable (the "why did wam visit LaserGuy?" problem). While that is unresolved, it's hard to put complete faith in your N2 results. Although I do see one likely explanation for your N1 result that actually seems to be perfectly valid and would absolve both you and wam of doubt (at least to some extent) - we'd already considered the possibility of a Framer, and honestly Maven's flip as a Changeling sounds like perfect Framer material, although then that would raise the question of why wam didn't see himself targeting LaserGuy (but maybe that's how it was meant to work all along?).
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:36 am UTC

Reposting to hopefully fix the horrible code mess that was my previous post:

moody7277 wrote:

Madge wrote:Jimbobmacdoodle was murdered in the night. He was a Vampire Love Interest, aligned with town.

Except that bessie claims that she's the major shareholder, and her watcher results showed wam visiting Maven and LaserGuy, not her. So we have an almost-explanation, that doesn't quite make sense (unless we have multiple major shareholders, of course). As someone who is just a random member of the board, I find it surprising that I would possibly be jimbob's crush, but perhaps that's just the way it panned out (I dunno, maybe the love interests were picked randomly).

Hari Seldon wrote:ConMan we will lynch the remaining Mafia today. I have information that will make certain of that, but I need for you to out everything about your role.

My role has not affected anything in the game up to this point, and it will not have an effect on the lynch today. And frankly, as long as you're the only person demanding me to claim, I consider that to be suspicious in its own right.

bessie wrote:Perhaps, but if ConMan is by himself, it would make sense for him to select the target with the lowest chance of being watched, since ConMan claimed a passive ability. Well I guess it makes sense for any mafia to select the target with the lowest chance of being watched. Which I would have thought was wam (not thinking he would self target).

Sure, but if I were scum I probably wouldn't claim a passive ability at all in case I NK'ed someone and got found out by a watcher/tracker.

bessie wrote:

At this point, I consider your N1 results to still be 50% questionable (the "why did wam visit LaserGuy?" problem). While that is unresolved, it's hard to put complete faith in your N2 results. Although I do see one likely explanation for your N1 result that actually seems to be perfectly valid and would absolve both you and wam of doubt (at least to some extent) - we'd already considered the possibility of a Framer, and honestly Maven's flip as a Changeling sounds like perfect Framer material, although then that would raise the question of why wam didn't see himself targeting LaserGuy (but maybe that's how it was meant to work all along?).
pollywog wrote:

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 am UTC

@Bessie

When you mentioned night results and reading your first post with the specific wacther/tracker claim. I only guessed tracker not that you had tracked me. I assumed you had tracked someone else and weren't claiming as that would out a town power role.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 am UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:ConMan we will lynch the remaining Mafia today. I have information that will make certain of that, but I need for you to out everything about your role.

On phone so Can only quote one post. But how does this line up with your next post saying one of three routes your considering?

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:Moody, Peaceful Whale was also a Werewolf Love Interest, so we were already aware that such roles existed. Why are you viewing JimBob's flip differently than Peaceful Whale's?

jimbob is listed as "Vampire Love Interest", so that's different. Don't know if wam's got him a little harem going there, but I'm suspecting it's some sort of death flavor since the other two talking about aren't vanilla which you'd expect to see evidence of upon flipping.

moody, why are you not understanding this?

Peaceful Whale – Werewolf Love Interest, competing with the vice president for the receptionist, no power.
jimbobmacdoodle – Vampire Love Interest (possibly vice president).
wam – In love with the major shareholder, needs to visit them regularly, was told by the mod that this was just flavor.
bessie – Has the role described by wam, confirms visiting is in the flavor, suspects that this is just flavor.

ConMan wrote: As someone who is just a random member of the board, I find it surprising that I would possibly be jimbob's crush, but perhaps that's just the way it panned out (I dunno, maybe the love interests were picked randomly).
Why do you think that jimbob autotargeted you? Maybe he selected you as his night target and used a power on you.

ConMan wrote:

Maybe you felt some pressure to claim a passive ability in order to explain somitomi’s content.
ConMan wrote: In the interest of some openness, I'll also say that my ability is essentially a passive one, which may be why somi didn't get the rules about night actions right (because I don't have to submit any).

Relevant quotes:
Spoiler:
Quote 1.
somitomi wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I think yes. I don't think nights are going to take too long though, since all private chats are daychats.

Quote 2.
somitomi wrote:I didn't remember the length of the night phase was fixed, therefore I (erroreously) assumed night phase ends as soon as all actions are submitted.

Quote 3.
somitomi wrote:So we came to different conclusions from the same ruleset. I thought mafia would make their decision quicker than if they had to start the discussion at the end of the day, you don't. That's hardly "not knowing the rules" which you were accusing me at least up until here.

wam wrote: When you mentioned night results and reading your first post with the specific wacther/tracker claim. I only guessed tracker not that you had tracked me. I assumed you had tracked someone else and weren't claiming as that would out a town power role.
Are you referring to this post as the post where I mentioned night results?

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:32 am UTC

That's the one.

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 pm UTC

wam wrote:

On phone so Can only quote one post. But how does this line up with your next post saying one of three routes your considering?

There are three possibilities. ConMan's claim will reduce it to one or two.

Thinking about it now, this will essentially come down to a mass claim, so we should probably do so after all. I am perplexed by the fact that no one other than myself has voiced their opinion on whether or not ConMan should claim. Everyone, please voice whether or not you support a mass claim, ConMan claiming, or neither.

ConMan, if your ability requires mafia to target you, then why did you claim so in your fist post? Claiming a passive ability essentially painted an anti-target on yourself.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm UTC

Hari Seldon wrote:Everyone, please voice whether or not you support a mass claim, ConMan claiming, or neither.

I figure that now would be the time to do the mass claim since, if worst comes to worst, there will be night actions still available to make the best of LYLO.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 pm UTC

@Hari was thinking it through.

I think i know where your going with this. I don't think its going to work. Based on the discussion bessie referenced earlier and I read through, I highly doubt sabrar would be involved in a game where claiming would allow you to nail down the roles.

Discussion was post the dark tower in Gojoe.

The other factor is whilst I am not opposed to individual claims I oppose mass claims on principle.

The other item I have been mulling over is this. Bessie what did you mean when you wrote this

bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:Personal note: I've had a couple of very intense days at work this week, so if the day ends early due to hammer, I might wait until the scheduled day end to post flavour.
Madge, if there is a hammer will you end the day and start night (adding the flavor later), or will you delay N2 start until you can write the flavor?

I will be available tomorrow night, but will be very busy Thursday night and Friday, and my posting will probably be limited to quick replies.

I was debating whether this came too close to referencing RL, but this would only be an issue in terms of playing if you were having night conversations...

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm UTC

So wam, do you support ConMan claiming?

Hari Seldon

Postby Hari Seldon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm UTC

Although I am not voting, my vote is tentatively on ConMan. I presume that to be the case for Wam and Moody as well. I would rather not wait until the final day for ConMan to claim.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:28 pm UTC

I am ambivalent.

Return to “Mafia”