Secret Santa 2017 Endgame - Merry Christmas

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4549
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 pm UTC

The daykill has reset the vote count.

Votals

Madge (1) - moody

With 7 left it takes 4 to hammer

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby bessie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:21 pm UTC

Liri wrote:Yeah, this does make town/indy!Sabrar more likely, but it's a crappy way for him to indicate he isn't scum. Sabrar, why did you not go after Madge, or at least Suzaku?

My current thought is he's an indy with an unusual win condition. Like, he has to kill a townie during the day in order to win.

I think it makes town!Sabrar more likely, because if he was an independent with a target, he should have left the game with a win or loss. Unless he just became a survivor. Need to think about this a while.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 pm UTC

I'm back, apologies for the shot. Claim very soon, it should make a lot clear. If you have any questions after that, feel free to ask.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 pm UTC

Ability (paraphrased): 1-shot OMGUS public early Day-Vig

I got to publically kill 1 player who had a vote on me at the time of my shot. Due to it possibly affecting MYLO/LYLO it resets the votals and therefore also couldn't be used at the end of the day to cause massive shenanigans, in fact it had to happen in the first half of the day.
I couldn't be redirected to an illegal target (someone who doesn't vote me), therefore there was no chance of misfiring. I would have shot Suzaku if not for the restriction but ability obviously doesn't work against lurkers.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:34 pm UTC

Okay, Sabrar's claim has pre-empted my planned question of "why did he kill somitomi and not Suzaku" (I know I said earlier that I had no issues originally with him using it, but then it occurred to me, why target someone you think is indie instead of someone you think is scum?) (on re-read I see Liri beat me to it anyway). So, is it fair for him to use the ability as town? Yes, I think so, especially assuming he's being truthful with the claim. There's no guarantee he'll get to use it on any other day, since it requires a vote on him, and he's starting to look townie in many people's eyes, plus he might die before he gets to use it. Would withholding be better? No, not if you are confident about your target being indie or scum.

Note, this argument only shows that Sabrar's usage was not inherently scummy, but it doesn't show him as townie - scum could (and would) have used it under the same situation, and indie might do as well, depending on their victory condition. I'm not as certain as moody that this couldn't be a scum power, given a) it's Secret Santa with roles randomised (if a player submits a day vig, and random luck assigns it to scum, the mods would have to significantly re-work the role otherwise - indeed maybe they did and the original version had no OMGUS restriction), and b) we had an even number of players, so a single extra kill in the hands of scum is not impossible, as it still gives town two mislynches (this argument does not hold up if there are any more kills out there). That being said, my earlier read of Sabrar being likely town, maybe indie still stands.

Vote Suzaku

Somitomi's flip doesn't affect my read on him at all, so recasting my vote to what it was.

Briefly looking at the rest of the posts since my reads list. Liri & bessie's read lists look reasonable, and at least when it comes to the scummy end of the list, are basically the same as mine (although bessie has moody as scummier than I do). Nothing in somitomi's dying reads post looks particularly ground breaking. Liri's post bringing up Sabrar's early day-vig claim made me laugh.

@Sabrar - are you going to go any more into why Suzaku and moody are scum-buddies? Also, I assume your proof you mentioned earlier was due to that kill?

@Liri - why did you think that Sabrar should have targeted Madge, given Sabrar's opinion of Madge?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Sabrar - are you going to go any more into why Suzaku and moody are scum-buddies? Also, I assume your proof you mentioned earlier was due to that kill?
Working on updated reads at the moment. My earlier 'reads' were not always honest, e.g. I had no proof as such on somitomi, I mostly posted random shit to get a reaction and possible multiple votes on myself. This actually explains my behavior to a tee.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 pm UTC

Updated and actually honest reads (ordered):

jimbob: theoretically could be bulletproof scum or moody's mate. Didn't pay him too much attention lately as I was focusing elsewhere but nothing from him pinged me. If he's scum he deserves the win.

bessie: I'm sure you all hate my meta-reads by now but I find bessie putting me as top townie here curious to say the least. From my experience that meta-read of hers should not justify my placement. However I find no fault with her content otherwise and I'm pretty sure she doesn't get lynched anyway barring a Cop result or similar.

So for all intents and purposes these two should be your core Town. That means 2 out the next 4 is scum and we also might have an indie.

Madge: I still think she is Town, I'm not as fully convinced as I was in previous games but I don't see myself voting for her anytime soon.

Liri: I may have given him too much credit because of that town-slip but I can't really see it being faked either, it's too specific for that. His content is far from good, his "Good 'ole Sabrar" comment is disturbing.

moody: I tried to catch him in a lie and couldn't. His claims are consistent, his mistakes could be honest.

Suzaku: lurkers must go, nothing more to add here. If he's Town I'm completely lost.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Liri - why did you think that Sabrar should have targeted Madge, given Sabrar's opinion of Madge?

I was thinking about my own reads list at the time.

In line with what Sabrar just said, the idea of jimbob and moody being a scum team occurred to me earlier. It's all very easy for them to play off of each other. The only real "confirmation" that jimbob is town is moody. They could have used the NK to, indeed, target jimbob while also activating moody's ability. Any other night results people got would confirm that moody did use his ability, since he told us how it works, and that jimbob was the scum target. There's hardly a better way to throw off suspicion. They've played very well if this is the case.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby moody7277 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 pm UTC

Hooray, Sabrar's back! You know there was some Joker that was posting as you for the past Day and a half?

jimbob being still suspicious of Sabrar is understandable given how he's been as scum in previous games. I'm still not convinced that even with the kookiness of Secret Santa plus some restrictions is enough to balance out scum having 4 kills in 3 days.

So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri or Madge-Suzaku.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri or Madge-Suzaku.

How interesting. I believe they're Madge-Suzaku or moody-jimbobmacdoodle.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Hooray, Sabrar's back! You know there was some Joker that was posting as you for the past Day and a half?
I'm fully aware of it. :lol:

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri or Madge-Suzaku.
Why not Liri-Suzaku?
Liri wrote:
moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri or Madge-Suzaku.

How interesting. I believe they're Madge-Suzaku or moody-jimbobmacdoodle.
Why not Madge-moody or Suzaku-moody?

FWIW, Madge-Suzaku is my most compelling belief, simply because they are my top scum reads, although I have yet to go through and actually analyse possible teams properly. Suzaku-Liri might also be possible. Liri doesn't look like he's being coached, but Maven being absent at game start, and Suzaku being so quiet (and therefore presumably absent) would support this theory. I don't think Liri-anybody else (apart from maybe Madge) makes much sense for this reason.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri or Madge-Suzaku.
Why not Liri-Suzaku?
Liri wrote:
moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri or Madge-Suzaku.

How interesting. I believe they're Madge-Suzaku or moody-jimbobmacdoodle.
Why not Madge-moody or Suzaku-moody?

Because you would benefit from being presumed to have been a scum target*.

*that grammar is at least 70% correct
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby moody7277 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Why not Liri-Suzaku?


Madge is who I have my most firm scum read on. If it were to be the team you mention, she'd be the indep; no way do I see her as town. Proving any connection with Suzaku will be hard as his predecessor had zero posts and he's had mostly tangential ones.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby bessie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:36 pm UTC

Sabrar’s claim is consistent with his behavior in this game, but as jimbob pointed out Sabrar’s claim does not confirm his townieness.

Sabrar wrote:bessie: I'm sure you all hate my meta-reads by now but I find bessie putting me as top townie here curious to say the least. From my experience that meta-read of hers should not justify my placement.
Yes, at the time I made that list, I had already made this meta read that you were not-mafia, likely town. But I had reasons to suspect the other players on that list too. jimbob because I had so severely misread him in Halloween and Crossover. plytho because plytho (see Crossover). See my reads list here for the rest.

I’m updating my current reads list, which was incomplete anyway.

It would be nice to have something from Suzaku and Madge.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 am UTC

Well, that day vig from Sabrar was exciting(!), and actually explains his weird puppy behavior. I'm very sad though because I was quite enjoying it.

I don't see jimbob-moody as a scum team. I think they're both town. At first I was really put off by moody putting his planned redirect targets in a spoiler then I immediately remembered that it was a nightless game so he's not giving scum much if any time to react accordingly.

I don't see why people are taking such issue with my "was there a cop claim I'm not aware of" remark - a cop claim is the sort of thing I'd genuinely remember so I was confused that maybe moody was trying to low-key claim something with that list and nobody had picked up on it yet. I didn't realise the night kill connection until I ctrl+F "jimbob" and found I think Bessie's post putting 2 and 2 together.

So jimbob, moody, bessie probably town.

That leaves Liri, Sabrar, Suzaku as scum candidates.

Vote: Liri

Let's put a little pressure down.

I don't think Sabrar's dayvig has any bearing on his alignment. I believe that roles were distributed randomly and maybe only twerked slightly for balance and I don't think the dayvig as stated is exactly problematic to town.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby bessie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 am UTC

Liri wrote:In line with what Sabrar just said, the idea of jimbob and moody being a scum team occurred to me earlier. It's all very easy for them to play off of each other. The only real "confirmation" that jimbob is town is moody. They could have used the NK to, indeed, target jimbob while also activating moody's ability. Any other night results people got would confirm that moody did use his ability, since he told us how it works, and that jimbob was the scum target.
Yes, that means moody would have needed to perform the redirect and the night kill (possible?). Thoughts:
1. moody could be roleblocked (both NK and redirect would be blocked). Note that moody claimed his redirect has priority but we have no mod proof.
2. jimbob could have been watched. This is a possibility because many players had a town read on him.
3. jimbob was also a good candidate for a doctor or jail.
4. plytho could have been tracked (would have seen moody). Unlikely, he was a general town read.

I will think about it, but I'm really not seeing a jimbob-moody scum team as likely, as this seems a bit risky just to get some town cred for jimbob.

Madge wrote:I don't see jimbob-moody as a scum team. I think they're both town. At first I was really put off by moody putting his planned redirect targets in a spoiler then I immediately remembered that it was a nightless game so he's not giving scum much if any time to react accordingly.
I’ve already disagreed here, but I do agree it would have been very tight.

Madge wrote: I don't see why people are taking such issue with my "was there a cop claim I'm not aware of" remark - a cop claim is the sort of thing I'd genuinely remember so I was confused that maybe moody was trying to low-key claim something with that list and nobody had picked up on it yet. I didn't realise the night kill connection until I ctrl+F "jimbob" and found I think Bessie's post putting 2 and 2 together.
What we’re taking issue with is not that you may have missed a subtle hint; it’s that it seems like you didn't even read the thread. There were 55ish(?) D2 posts at that point, not an overwhelming amount of content. About half of those posts were like one line. And my 2+2 post was pretty unambiguous.
bessie wrote:Note that if moody is telling the truth then the night kill target was jimbobmacdoodle (barring other powers at play).


Madge wrote:I don't think Sabrar's dayvig has any bearing on his alignment. I believe that roles were distributed randomly and maybe only twerked slightly for balance and I don't think the dayvig as stated is exactly problematic to town.
I agree in that I need to reevaluate Sabrar. My reasons for my meta town read of him may not still be valid, since his goofy content was an attempt to activate his power (and not just because he is going through a goofy phase).


Updated reads in a little while.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:41 am UTC

@bessie: that point 4 does not make sense, no matter how I'm trying to parse it. Please elaborate.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 am UTC

Madge wrote:I don't think the dayvig as stated is exactly problematic to town.
Wine, but with the right play dayvig guarantees scum to win LYLO.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:05 am UTC

Yeah but setupwise Town should have found the scum dayvig earlier in that case ;)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby bessie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: that point 4 does not make sense, no matter how I'm trying to parse it. Please elaborate.
Ok, I see that the way I wrote this is not clear. I mean that if someone targeted plytho with a tracker power, moody’s redirect would have moved the target one down and the person doing the tracking would have tracked (seen) moody instead. Did you read it as: if someone was tracking plytho, they would have seen him visit moody? Did that explain it ok?

Some updated reads:

Suzaku
First post asks for summaries of the top three scum candidate. While I really appreciate Suzaku replacing and understand his time issues, I still find this suspicious, like he was only interested in the wagons (commented here). I didn’t like his response to my comment here.
Suzaku wrote:Partly because we're quite close to deadline and I have very little time at present, so a focus on any likely waggons would be more helpful to me than a lot of town reads, and partly because I hopes to get a few people to actually write down cases on the people they want me to vote for. Figured it would give me some focus for doing in-iso reads of certain players.
And who knows, might also refocus others to think who they want to vote for.
I find the final line of the above quote interesting. This is from the same post:
Suzaku wrote:OK, quick votal count and then off to read read read.

Unofficial Votals:

wam (2) - Sabrar, moody7277
Madge (3) - wam, jimbobmacdoodle, bessie

Not voting: somitomi, Liri, Madge, plytho, Suzaku

His next post contains his reads of the four lynch candidates. Madge gats a pass for being standard Madge, moody gets a pass until D2, wam could be scum, and Sabrar might be high, but still dangerous. Nothing stands out to me in his other posts, except his defense of Madge. Unfortunately no D2 content. My read based on his D1 content is scummy.


Sabrar
Previous read was too goofy to be mafia, possible indie, but no scum tells. Now Sabrar has claimed that he was acting goofy to get votes and activate his power. I’ve been thinking about this for a few hours, and I’m still returning to what I said in my meta read, that in a two mafia game I can’t see Sabrar risking the team win like that, at least not without the consent and help of partner. So if he is mafia, why didn’t his partner step in and help him out, with some prodding or a vote to get the ball rolling (his only vote on D1 was RVS from jimbob)? Note that this opens a possibility for Sabrar/Maven scum team, with Sabrar making the decision by himself in Maven’s absence, but again would he risk Maven’s win without his consent? Probably still not-mafia, I'll sleep on it.

I'm still thinking about whether I need to update the others. There's only been about a page of content since my previous list.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:32 am UTC

bessie wrote:Did you read it as: if someone was tracking plytho, they would have seen him visit moody? Did that explain it ok?
That was one of the ways I tried to read and yes, now it's crystal clear what you meant.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:58 am UTC

I've thought about it and my current best guess for the scum-team is Liri+Suzaku. Would prefer Suzaku today.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I've thought about it and my current best guess for the scum-team is Liri+Suzaku. Would prefer Suzaku today.

What do you think makes me more likely than Madge? I had my vote down for Suzaku earlier in the day and fully assumed that he would be lynched. There wasn't much suspicion of me at the time, so I certainly wasn't bussing him.

I still think that Madge-Suzaku is most likely, but I felt I should at least voice my moody-jimbob theory just to get it out there.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 pm UTC

Liri wrote:What do you think makes me more likely than Madge?
I don't think Madge is scum, that's all. I think she made legitimate town-slips and her being 'uncooperative' is not a scum-tell (you should remember this one from Crossover).
Liri wrote:I had my vote down for Suzaku earlier in the day and fully assumed that he would be lynched. There wasn't much suspicion of me at the time, so I certainly wasn't bussing him.
That's not what bussing refers to most of the time. Suzaku is an obvious choice to be lynched because of lack of content. I would assume no player in their right mind would defend him right now.

Liri wrote:but I felt I should at least voice my moody-jimbob theory just to get it out there.
Here it does not occur to you. At all. A day later you claim it did but only after I brought it up.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:07 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Liri wrote:but I felt I should at least voice my moody-jimbob theory just to get it out there.
Here it does not occur to you. At all. A day later you claim it did but only after I brought it up.

I posted it under a spoiler in the discussion thread well before your post if you want proof. I know bringing up the discussion thread in-game is frowned upon, but, well, that's the only proof I have.


moody giving away his ability well in advance is still rubbing me the wrong way - it allowed scum to compensate for it, which he was then able to say was because he put it publicly, not because he PMed it to his scum-buddy (which doesn't necessarily have to be jimbob, which is a bit too cute by half, but I still regard as possible). It's not like town would've been able to night-kill each other on accident if we hadn't known, and we (as has been pointed out) could have easily figured out what happened from his role PM if he was killed. That's rehashing stuff that's been said already, but I don't think it's insignificant.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 pm UTC

Liri wrote:I know bringing up the discussion thread in-game is frowned upon,
It's not frowned upon generally, it just doesn't mean anything.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 pm UTC

Quick post - this might be my only one of the day, as I'm out all evening, and not sure if I'll get time for anything when I get back.
Sabrar wrote:
Liri wrote:I know bringing up the discussion thread in-game is frowned upon,
It's not frowned upon generally, it just doesn't mean anything.
I forget which game it was but scum!Sabrar once tried to pretend that a Gojoe post he made contained something important as townie, when in fact it contained nothing of the sort, and was posted purely to "prove" his point.

Liri's most recent content feels a little defensive. Possibly trying to get himself out of a corner of limited options (at the moment, most people seem to agree that the scum is 2 of {Madge, Liri, Suzaku}, and we still should have a mislynch left), by trying to broaden out suspicions? He is of course right that I'm not confirmed town, but him not countenancing other moody teams seems a bit weird...
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:05 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Liri's most recent content feels a little defensive. Possibly trying to get himself out of a corner of limited options (at the moment, most people seem to agree that the scum is 2 of {Madge, Liri, Suzaku}, and we still should have a mislynch left), by trying to broaden out suspicions? He is of course right that I'm not confirmed town, but him not countenancing other moody teams seems a bit weird...


Liri wrote:(which doesn't necessarily have to be jimbob, which is a bit too cute by half, but I still regard as possible)

I don't think you're the most likely, since it's almost too tidy.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I forget which game it was but scum!Sabrar once tried to pretend that a Gojoe post he made contained something important as townie, when in fact it contained nothing of the sort, and was posted purely to "prove" his point.
I didn't want to bring that up because I made a terrible mistake there, but it was my very first scum-game.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Suzaku » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:46 pm UTC

I'm truly sorry about this, but I'm going to have to request replacement.

In addition to work still being crazy, I learned over the weekend that both my Aunt and my Father-in-law are in hospital.
I apologise for how late this note is, but things are a bit insane right now.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:53 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:I'm truly sorry about this, but I'm going to have to request replacement.

In addition to work still being crazy, I learned over the weekend that both my Aunt and my Father-in-law are in hospital.
I apologise for how late this note is, but things are a bit insane right now.
Sorry to hear that Suzaku. As always, real life takes priority.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4549
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:25 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:I'm truly sorry about this, but I'm going to have to request replacement.

In addition to work still being crazy, I learned over the weekend that both my Aunt and my Father-in-law are in hospital.
I apologise for how late this note is, but things are a bit insane right now.


No worries Suzaku, family comes first.


flicky1991 replaces Suzaku, effective immediately.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

Hi flicky! Thanks a lot for replacing. Now tell us why we shouldn't lynch you. :D

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4549
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

Votals

Madge (1) - moody
flicky1991 (1) - jimbobmacdoodle
Liri (1) - Madge

Deadline in 3 days, 4 hours

With 7 left it takes 4 to hammer

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:01 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri
This doesn't feel right. Liri voted for Madge at a time where bussing made no sense.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby moody7277 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:So the scum teams that make sense are Madge-Liri
This doesn't feel right. Liri voted for Madge at a time where bussing made no sense.


So I take it your preferred pairings are flicky-Liri and flicky-Madge?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:10 pm UTC

My preferred pairing is flicky + Liri. But now I have doubts about you.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:33 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:My preferred pairing is flicky + Liri. But now I have doubts about you.

What lately has made you suspect me? That "good 'ole Sabrar" comment? My tongue was firmly in cheek.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Hi flicky! Thanks a lot for replacing. Now tell us why we shouldn't lynch you. :D
:D Hi! I'll have time for a proper read-through of the thread within an hour or so (I have been following along but not religiously).
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: plytho and 8 guests