Secret Santa 2017 Endgame - Merry Christmas

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 am UTC

I just got back from a work Christmas party and should be in bed, this is not a good time to be playing Mafia but I'm gonna try!
Sabrar wrote:@flicky: who is your scum-team in case Liri is town?
Ehh... I'll sleep on it.
bessie wrote:Alignments were randomly assigned to roles so just because it doesn’t make sense from a balanced game point of view doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen.
We don't know whether balancing occurred before or after assigning roles to alignments.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Drive-by comment whilst I think about it. We don't know what, if any, restrictions beyond those claimed might be attached to Sabrar's ability. It could be restricted to D1/D2, might have a chance of backfiring, might prevent use of the night kill etc etc.
I made the same point (or intended to) here:
flicky1991 wrote:I can't see him being scum with that ability, unless there's more to it than we can tell currently - it seems too overpowered.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Why can't moody be Liri's buddy?
I was thinking that the logic for a pair of you with moody went both ways, i.e. if one of you is scum then the other is scum. But you're right, moody could be scum without you necessarily being scum - it's only the other way that doesn't make sense because it would mean lying town.
any pronouns
----
avatar from somitomi
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Liri » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@flicky: who is your scum-team in case Liri is town?
Ehh... I'll sleep on it.

In the case that you aren't lynched, and somehow are town, you should give that some thought.


jimbob, I put the theory out there when Sabrar mentioned it in passing. If I was lynched without stating it and it turned out to be true, I'd feel pretty crappy. I imagined it as a worst-case scenario, so I probably gave it more credence than I logically thought it deserved. I'm fairly confident about flicky+Madge at this point.

About that plytho comment: what I was saying was that moody activated his ability knowing full-well that scum might target plytho, because he was playing very well, which would result in his getting killed. That's one of the main reasons for moving moody up into the town column.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 am UTC

Liri wrote:About that plytho comment: what I was saying was that moody activated his ability knowing full-well that scum might target plytho, because he was playing very well, which would result in his getting killed. That's one of the main reasons for moving moody up into the town column.
This makes no sense. You assume that moody was willing to get killed (so he is Town) and conclude that he is probably Town because of that. :?: :?: :?:

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 am UTC

Liri wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@flicky: who is your scum-team in case Liri is town?
Ehh... I'll sleep on it.

In the case that you aren't lynched, and somehow are town, you should give that some thought.
Yes. Sleep on it, give it some thought, same difference. I wasn't going to unthinkingly point the finger at 1am.

Not that I have any more of an idea now...
any pronouns
----
avatar from somitomi
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby bessie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:16 am UTC

moody7277 wrote: Discussion seems to have stalled out. Despite lemma 3's shakiness and his lemma 0 (more of an axiom really), I am on board with Sabrar's plan enough to go with lynching flicky, was mostly waiting to see if any further support for lynching Madge would develop and for us to reach this point debate-wise.
Why are you so quick to accept Sabrar=town as an axiom? And yeah, it’s kinda hard to play with Madge if she won’t play back.

Madge, how about some reads? Or at least a town-scum list?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: The redirection claim makes everybody doubt their night results, which is clearly beneficial to scum, so it makes sense for scum!moody to claim this as much as town!moody.
moody posted and soft-confirmed he used his power almost at the start of D2, before everyone claimed. If moody is scum, where is the beneficial-to-scum confusion you’re talking about? People who posted before moody: Sabrar, jimbob.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@bessie - you said in your Lemma 2 analysis that you believe Sabrar could be buddies with Madge. What about moody?
Madge/moody? Why would they clear you? They could have killed you and cleared Madge (moody uses redirect, Madge was probably less likely than some others to be watched or doctored, but could have been jailed).


Some brief updated reads

flicky1991/Suzaku
My read of Suzaku was scum, possibly with Madge. I’m trying to allow in my read flicky’s RL time constraints, and replacing before he expected, but I still don’t see anything in his content to dissuade me from my scum read of Suzaku. Leaning scum.

jimbobmacdoodle
Analysis of jimbob+moody was that jimbob was scum with moody or town. I’ve agreed with much of his content in this game, and I would probably have him leading town even without moody’s redirect claim.

Liri
My previous conclusion was that suspicious tells could be attributed to newbieness. I will reread him again and sleep on it, and possibly update this in the morning, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for today because I have scummier reads.

Madge
Has she even expressed a strong opinion on anyone except herself in this entire game? Everything has a qualifier, even her votes. Voted wam for self defense. Voted Liri to apply pressure. FoS’d Sabrar for not scumhunting himself? Why not analyze his post yourself, Madge? Leaning scum.

moody7277
As already noted, I feel better about him (see previous moody+jimbob analysis). Currently leaning town.

Sabrar
Same read as previously, probably not-mafia, if he was mafia my choice as his partner would be flicky or Madge. Still possible indie.

town
jimbobmacdoodle
moody
Sabrar
Liri
flicky1991
Madge
scum

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:You comment more than once on a scum-pair being possible and conclude that part of your analysis with "Sabrar being scum does not change this." However we know there are only 2 scum (because LYLO would be announced otherwise) so if I'm scum then those pairs become automatically impossible.
Thanks. I'll have to revisit that when I get a chance, although I doubt that will happen before deadline, so it may be irrelevant.
Sabrar wrote:
Liri wrote:About that plytho comment: what I was saying was that moody activated his ability knowing full-well that scum might target plytho, because he was playing very well, which would result in his getting killed. That's one of the main reasons for moving moody up into the town column.
This makes no sense. You assume that moody was willing to get killed (so he is Town) and conclude that he is probably Town because of that. :?: :?: :?:
This. Even if scum moody is willing to die, he knows how his redirect works, including whether he used it, so barring an independent kill, there's no risk to scum!moody.
bessie wrote:moody posted and soft-confirmed he used his power almost at the start of D2, before everyone claimed. If moody is scum, where is the beneficial-to-scum confusion you’re talking about? People who posted before moody: Sabrar, jimbob.
Claiming early doesn't prevent town with unrevealed night results from being unsure how or if they were redirected. These night results might otherwise drive their votes and N2 actions. Admittedly, it might have been more beneficial for scum!moody not to claim at all D1, but see my previous comments about early claims being townie.

Bessie, I see your point about Madge/moody, but a) we don't even know for certain that moody has the redirect he claimed, and b) it may not have occurred to scum that they could "clear" somebody with redirect+kill.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am UTC

Sorry guys busy day at work and home internet is down so I'm on my phone. I really don't think I will make another post before deadline sorry :-\ unless the internet is back in a few hours

Quick reads:
Jimboomba moody town
Sabrar likely town
Bessie just can't tell due to meta
Flicky I support killing due to information potential
Liri I am suspicious of too

I would vote Flicky but l-1 is in effect
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:02 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:it may not have occurred to scum that they could "clear" somebody with redirect+kill
We're talking about a potential scum!moody with redirect here. Newbie scum might not notice, but don't you think moody would have thought this through?

My lunch break lasts till half an hour from now, and after that I won't have any more chances to post until not long before deadline... RIP me I guess.
any pronouns
----
avatar from somitomi
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby moody7277 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Why are you so quick to accept Sabrar=town as an axiom?


Sabrar is the one who was treating it as an axiom. When you repeated his steps without that as a given, you got most of the same conclusions, which makes lemma 0 a bit more solid.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:it may not have occurred to scum that they could "clear" somebody with redirect+kill
We're talking about a potential scum!moody with redirect here. Newbie scum might not notice, but don't you think moody would have thought this through?
I think it's possible, but I also think that it's an easy enough thing to not think about.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm UTC

Putting meta-reads aside I still think bessie and jimbob are Town. I'm suspicious of all other players, moody looks like the towniest of the 4 with the other 3 being roughly equally scummy.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4497
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:02 pm UTC

Votals

Liri (1) - flicky1991
flicky1991 (3) - jimbobmacdoodle, Liri, moody

Deadline in about 3 hours.

With 7 left it takes 4 to hammer

Reminder that you need to submit your night actions in before the end of day phase.

I should be around to close the day. May not be able to process night results until this evening.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 pm UTC

Planning to hammer in roughly half an hour unless anybody has any objections.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm UTC

Since I'm likely about to flip - for the record, no version of me ever used either of my abilities. Not that they would have made much difference.
any pronouns
----
avatar from somitomi
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

Vote: flicky1991

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4497
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:18 pm UTC

flicky1991 has been hammered. No more posting please.

I'll get around to night results when I can. I will accept changes to night actions up until the official deadline.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4497
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 pm UTC

Night results are out. Day will starts shortly.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4497
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 2 - An Explosive Night

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm UTC

      The elves crowded into flicky’s room, however this time they found nothing in the chest. Confused they looked around. Everything was ordinary except for a bird feeder in the corner of the room. They shrugged and prepared to leave when a clumsy elf knocked over the bird feeder. Our spilled multigrain heaven, and a small leather bound notebook. Excited hands reached for it, as the elf read, all the ears in the room drooped. The diary clearly pointed out what should have been obvious. Flicky was a part bird, not only that, they were also a loyal unionist.

Flicky was Elf journalist, aligned with Town.

Role PM:
Spoiler:
Elf Journalist (Town)

Your entire life you’ve looked towards the stars, not content with your life a simple factory worker. So you journeyed far and wide, gathering knowledge and then uploading it to your reddit page. However, you’re pretty sure only your mother reads what you post there. However there's this cool new program you found online. “EZ-Emailer”, it miraculously gets past any fire wall! It also locks your computer for a day, and steals money from your account. But that’s ok, it’s dirty money, literally black from your years mining in the coal mines.

Abilities:
Hidden message: Each day phase, you may send a hidden message to another player. Please PM the contents to the mods and indicate the desired target, and we will forward the message to them as soon as we are able to.

Hidden doublevoter: You have an extra, hidden vote. PM the mods with the action Hidden Vote: <Player> and we will add an extra vote to that player in the votals. If you wish to make your ability public, you may also give Hidden Vote: <Player> or Double Vote: <player> commands in thread. You do not need to vote the same player with your second vote. You may change your hidden vote as often as you would like, just like a regular vote.

You are a member of the unionists (Town) and win the game when all threats to the union have been eliminated.


      With this hard news in their hearts, the office elves went to sleep with heaven hearts and low ears.

      ...
      BOOM
      ...
      Yet again, the elves woke up to the sound of explosions. You’d think some bright elf would have suggested that they all sleep together. That way they’d be able to watch each other. However the distrust ran too deep, so each elf became solitary as night fell, and retreated to their own little cubicle.

      Normally they would wake to the sound of the anthem, but for the last two days it had been explosions. They were tired of explosions. Songs were nice, relaxing, and rather cheerful. Even the most die hard Unionist had to admit the anthem had a nice tune to it. And only the Loyalists enjoyed explosions. Elves stumbled into the main hall, it being the origin of the awful boom that rattled them early in the morning. Some bleary and still in their PJs. Others wide awake, eyes glancing around suspiciously at those who arrived first. One elf poked the mess in the center, the pile was so churned up it was impossible to tell whether it was human, elf, or even a stray dog. However all doubt was removed when the elf held up an ID card, and something else rather strange. An reindeer horn gleamed dark red, still wet from the corpse it had been pulled from. Every elf knew what had happened. Reindeer has been fitted with suicide vests, and then sent off. They’d fly over defenses and detonate when they reached their target. A tactic not seen sense the last attempted coup, almost 273 years ago. Elves gulped nervously, glancing around. Only the big man himself could command those creatures, and if he knew what was happening here. It wouldn’t be long before he sent more loyalists to settle the dispute. Eyes looked around nervously, this was it. They lynch correct now, or the Loyalists won forever.

Liri has been Night-Killed. They were Elf on the Shelf, aligned with Town.

Liri’s Role:
Spoiler:
Elf on the Shelf (Town)

Who is naughty? Who is nice? How does Santa know? Figuring that out used to be your job, but since you've become so popular in the last few years, you've decided that it is more fun to indulge your naughty side and spent your time causing mischief in people's homes. And everyone loves it! You're the world's most popular elf. Life could not be better for you, and there's no way you're going to letting the loyalists mess that up.

Abilities:
-During the night, you can target one player and redirect their ability to another target. If you redirect the target to yourself, their action will not go through. However, you must visit a different house each night; you may not target the same player twice. If you fail to target a player during the night, or your target's ability does not go through (because, e.g. they were roleblocked), then you will face unforeseen consequences.
-You are immune to roleblocks but your targets are not.

You are a member of the unionists (Town) and win the game when all threats to the union have been eliminated.

Hidden Mechanics:
If your ability fails twice, you will be killed. You will be informed of this on the first failure.


Day 3 begins now. It is LLYLO. Deadline in 7 days

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 pm UTC

Lemma0: I am Town (for completeness sake).
Lemma1: if jimbob is scum then moody is too.
Lemma2: bessie cannot be scum-buddies with Madge.
Theorem: moody is scum.

Any objections?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm UTC

LYLO time, are we going to mass-claim? If so, I propose the following claim order, based on my last reads list, but if others think a different order is better, or somebody else should suggest an order, pipe up now.

First
Madge
moody
Bessie
Sabrar
Me
Last

I have been very wrong with my reads so far :(

I'll give Sabrar's theory some thought.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby moody7277 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Lemma0: I am Town (for completeness sake).
Lemma1: if jimbob is scum then moody is too.
Lemma2: bessie cannot be scum-buddies with Madge.
Theorem: moody is scum.

Any objections?


Alternative: Lemma 0 is manure and you've been leading us down the primrose path.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I propose the following claim order, based on my last reads list, but if others think a different order is better, or somebody else should suggest an order, pipe up now.


  1. Sabrar
  2. Madge
  3. Me
  4. Bessie
  5. jimbob
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:00 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:LYLO time, are we going to mass-claim? If so, I propose the following claim order, based on my last reads list, but if others think a different order is better, or somebody else should suggest an order, pipe up now.
1. moody
2. Madge
3. jimbob
4. bessie

I'm not going to change my claim no matter the order.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 pm UTC

@moody: so you claim that Madge is town?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby moody7277 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: so you claim that Madge is town?


I claim no such thing. Right now you and Madge look to be the scum team. It's my understanding that claim order is supposed to be most scummy to least scumy (if bessie or jimbob would like to better inform me on that, feel free).
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Right now you and Madge look to be the scum team.
You should be fully aware that this is the most unlikely combination as things stand right now.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 pm UTC

FMPOV I see the teams as jimbob-moody (Call it team JiMo) or sabrar-bessie (team SaBe)

I'd like the claim order to:

1. One of SaBe
2. One of JiMo
3. Other of JiMo
4. Other of SaBe

I'll claim wherever in there. My preference would be 2.5 but given my position on peoples' scum lists I'm happy to claim at 0.

Note that my claim is not going to give town useful information. It may even help scum. But it will hurt town more for people not to know my flip.

I think SaBe is more suspicious because of how helpful they are both being an dhow they are not dead. Instead Liri who was being called scummy is dead????
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:LYLO time, are we going to mass-claim? If so, I propose the following claim order, based on my last reads list, but if others think a different order is better, or somebody else should suggest an order, pipe up now.
1. moody
2. Madge
3. jimbob
4. bessie

I'm not going to change my claim no matter the order.
Any particular reason you put me above bessie here? I don't mind going in this order either way.
Also, are you saying that you are effectively vanilla now?

Madge, you may have explained this before and I'm being forgetful, but why Sabrar/bessie and not the other option of bessie/moody?
Sabrar wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Right now you and Madge look to be the scum team.
You should be fully aware that this is the most unlikely combination as things stand right now.
I don't get this. You've been pretty supportive of town!Madge most of the game so far, and there's nothing in the votes indicating that you can't be buddies.

@Madge - maybe scum didn't target Liri, but were redirected? Maybe they targeted Liri because he would effectively be cleared by flicky's flip and Sabrar's lemmas? Maybe they targeted Liri because he'd be the least likely to be protected or watched or whatever?

Possible teams as I see it:
Jimbob-moody
Bessie-Sabrar
Sabrar-Madge
Bessie-moody
Madge-moody

I haven't put these completely in order, but Madge-moody looks most feasible, and I'd be really surprised by bessie-Sabrar.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Any particular reason you put me above bessie here? I don't mind going in this order either way.
I don't have a meta-read on you.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Also, are you saying that you are effectively vanilla now?
Yes.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:You've been pretty supportive of town!Madge most of the game so far, and there's nothing in the votes indicating that you can't be buddies.
Player-list order.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 pm UTC

[quote="jimbobmacdoodle"]Madge, you may have explained this before and I'm being forgetful, but why Sabrar/bessie and not the other option of bessie/moody?[quote="Sabrar"]

Oh, that's also an option. Thanks for pointing it out. I just put the two most natural scum groupings in.

Let me be exhaustive:

Sabrar/Bessie
Sabrar/Moody
Sabrar/Jimbob

Moody/Jimbob
Moody/Bessie

Bessie/Jimbob

Completeness:
Madge/Sabrar
Madge/Bessie
Madge/Moody
Madge/Jimbob

.... now I've listed them all out I'm not sure I see an issue with any of them :| I just have the moody/jimbob link because of the NK but that's not really a thing because, you know... I wonder if there'd be value going through the teams and looking for evidence - I know some people were ruled out as potential scumbuddies for me due to the D1 votes but it doesn't really help me to eliminate my potential scumbuddies.

Also just realised MOody might have redirected in which case Liri wasn't the original target. (And then I read it in jimbob's post)

Besides I think claims might help. Then again, probably not because the powers are "random" due to the submission mechanic.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 pm UTC

If I had to put my nickel down I'd have sabrar/bessie as the scumteam partly because I want to see Bessie's glee in the gojoe as she celebrates drawing a scum role but mostly I'm really liking jimbob's posts and moody seems to be doing well.

I want jimbob to claim last, I've decided.

1. One of SaBe
2. Moody
3. Other of SaBe
4. Jimbob


Hmmm just thinking about it... (puts strikethrough)... we know moody's role just not his action so there's no point in him claiming early.

So I'd go:

1. Bessie
2. Sabrar
3. Jimbob
4. Moody

(moody going alst as he can fuck everyone's claims up, in a good way).

I'd like to claim at 2.5 in that list but I'm happy to do 1.5 and if I'm claiming at 0 then I don't really have much to say against it.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Madge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 pm UTC

I want to reiterate when I claim that the information about my night actions will be useless to town but potentially give scum information they can use to co-ordinate, as such in an ideal world I'd claim my power in normal claim order but I'd claim my targets just before moody.

And I think that's what I'm going to do.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 pm UTC

@Madge: you can stop putting me on your ordered claim-list, I've already done it.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby bessie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:11 am UTC

Madge wrote: I think SaBe is more suspicious because of how helpful they are both being an dhow they are not dead.
So helpful=scum, therefore… unhelpful=town? So is this a town claim Madge?

Madge wrote:(moody going alst as he can fuck everyone's claims up, in a good way).
And if moody is scum, then what? Or do you think moody is town?

Madge wrote:I want to reiterate when I claim that the information about my night actions will be useless to town but potentially give scum information they can use to co-ordinate, as such in an ideal world I'd claim my power in normal claim order but I'd claim my targets just before moody.

And I think that's what I'm going to do.
So you’re going to do what you want regardless of what we decide. Ok. I think you should go first, and claim your power and targets.

Sabrar wrote:@Madge: you can stop putting me on your ordered claim-list, I've already done it.
Just humor her and volunteer to go first.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:17 am UTC

If I had to choose the scumteam RN it would be you and Sabrar, that's why I'm not so concerned about Moody claiming last.

I'll claim to get the ball rolling I guess.

I'm an elf toy tester. I have a toy and a list of buttons, each button is a combination of two of these smileys: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

I can press a button and aim it at someone. Each button once. And I don't know what the buttons do of course. But I've pressed them each night because it's my damn power so I'm gonna use it!!!!

I don't want to claim which buttons I've pressed until last / just before moody because if scum submitted the power, then scum will be able to guess what the different buttons do and discuss it in chat. WHereas if a townie submitted the power they can't tell us what I probably did. So scum only benefits from the knowledge and while I want the knowledge to be out there so that way if I flip you'll know what I did, let's keep scum guessing a bit.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:02 am UTC

If true then I hate that claim on so many levels...
And unfortunately I can see it being true.

@moody: you should claim next.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:36 am UTC

Please paraphrase as well what your role-pm says about the priority of your action.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Madge » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 am UTC

I think bessie or Jimmy next
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:17 am UTC

Nope, moody must claim whether the confirmed townie fhpov is you or me.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 am UTC

His behavior is inconsistent with 'jimbob 10/10' moody.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Secret Santa Day 3 - The Last Stand

Postby bessie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 am UTC

Madge wrote:I can press a button and aim it at someone. Each button once. And I don't know what the buttons do of course. But I've pressed them each night because it's my damn power so I'm gonna use it!!!!
I’m going to make a meta read. :P

It is entirely within Madge’s meta to target someone with an unknown power. And this gives no indication of her alignment.

Madge wrote:I don't want to claim which buttons I've pressed until last / just before moody because if scum submitted the power, then scum will be able to guess what the different buttons do and discuss it in chat.
If scum submitted your role they already know what each button does, they don’t need to guess, unless the mods altered them.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests