Newbie New Year Mafia - D5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D1

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 am UTC

I have "fond" memories of being doc in my first or second game here, scum claiming doc, and me being too scared of outing myself as the "real" doctor to claim. (See? I've been screwing up games for town since the start!)

So I'm using evocative language to make it very clear that counterclaiming is the townie thing to do. There's a risk that somi and flicky are both town; if we get a counterclaim, we guarantee one scum in the pair we'd vote between and if we guess correctly the real tracker gets completely cleared. Scum might even be scared of the doctor / the doctor might be real and succeed, and we might get a couple of nights of results out of it, to boot.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 am UTC

I'm sorry Bessie :(. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by not reading your posts close enough. It breaks my heart that I broke your heart. I love having you around and please don't take anything I say personally, I - uh, tend to say things without thinking them through.

Work day's almost over, busy day with the intern, going to see if i can squeeze in a meditation, ride my bike home, eat dinner, make brownies, play dnd. I'm going to have to squeeze another post in but I'm not going to be online in the last 5 hours of the Day so I will also have to consider whether I want to claim or not.

Current Unofficial Votals

Madge - 2 (Sabrar, Vicarin)
flicky1991 - 4 (cemper93, BoomFrog, LaserGuy, Madge)
Hari Seldon - 1 (jimbobmacdoodle)
Peaceful Whale - 1 (flicky1991)
LaserGuy - 1 (Hari Seldon)

Not voting: Peaceful Whale, somitomi

With 12 alive hammer requires 7 votes. Tied votals will result in no lynch.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 am UTC

EBWOP my unofficial votals don't have an accurate "not voting" list btw because i didn't keep that

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:56 pm UTC

Just checking in - kicked my D&D group out because I need to sleep, no changes in votals that I can see, I'm going to be asleep until deadline

(NOTE: IN SPIRIT OF SLEEPGATE I MAY NOT ACTUALLY FALL ASLEEP FOR LIKE AN HOUR, but for all intents and purposes, I'm sleepsies!)

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:57 pm UTC

@PW: in case you didn't get it, my elaborate accounting of my RL schedule is sarcastic and having a go at people for judging you for not being precise with yours

(also my character has 18HP and got hit for 22HP BY A RAPTOR SNEAK ATTACKING HER BY PULLING HER OUT OF HER TREE BY HER TAIL, but fortunately I got healed and got up and sat on top of a wagon and when a raptor was running away I fucking shot it in the back with my arrow from a crazy distance so HA I got the last laugh)

Madge

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D2

Postby Madge » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm UTC

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad PW was scum because it means we're winning, but I would be extremely surprised if his lying about being asleep had anything to do with it and I stand by it.

Obviously the people who voted for him are either much smarter than me (as is likely the case with Bessie, who goes off the naughty list for this) or are just lucky.

I'm willing to claim but again would rather not. Shocked at Vicarain being the target.

No strong opinions on alignment to post yet. Still thinking about it.

Somi/Bessie are town. BF not wanting me to claim FMPOV is town points but that doesn't put him into the town category because wine.

Laserguy/Hari neutral.

Flicky unsure; I think I'm biased by yesterday's wagon.

Jimbob & Cemper unsure; they hasn't done anything to be memorable to me.

Sabrar I don't know why but I'm thinking him scummy and I'm not sure I have any justification for this.

^ Those are some prelim thoughts.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:50 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:Obviously the people who voted for him are either much smarter than me (as is likely the case with Bessie, who goes off the naughty list for this) or are just lucky.
I didn’t vote for Peaceful Whale. You may place me back on your naughty list.

Nah, but you attacked him hard, and I don't think you'd do that if he was your buddy. That's what I meant.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:22 am UTC

For the record, the hypothetical Madge-BoomFrog conversation where BF wants to kill Vicarain would go something like this:

M: Who are we killing tonight? How about [someone]
BF: So I think we should kill Vicarain
M: Nah, I'd really prefer to not kill a newbie, it's not fun to die!
BF: I think they're a good choice because [some reason]
M: I would really prefer [someone], but if you're set on Vicarain, then that makes sense. [alternatively: oh, wow, yeah, if they're cop they have to go]

I don't want you all thinking I'd oppose killing the newbie tooth and nail. I'd object once and then probably relent, if it was BF. If it was someone I didn't know as well then I might try and push my weight.

I'm not sure how much wine me posting this makes but I feel like it's something I should mention?

Bessie's quote on BF is very, very interesting to me. His logic almost seems like he should conclude BF is scum based on the quote he supplied but.... he doesn't. (Bessie, thank you for quotes! I didn't even think to ask but your posts are much more readable to me now.)

I think my naughty list has BF and jimbob today. Nice list Bessie and Somitomi (of course)

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:27 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
Madge wrote:Bessie's quote on BF is very, very interesting to me. His logic almost seems like he should conclude BF is scum
Second "BF" should be "PW", right?

Yes, sorry!

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:
bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: Talk to me about this. You spent most of D1 implicitly reading PW as scum and using that read to motivate your scumreads on Madge/somitomi. Why were you so busy hunting for his buddies? If you had such a strong scumread on PW, why didn't you ever vote for him?
My evaluation was that if Peaceful Whale was scum, he would be fairly obvious, so if there is another fairly strong candidate, it would make sense to leave the obvious candidate for later.
Explain this logic? One less scum is always good.
The idea would be to save obviscum for later when a mislynch can lose the g a m e for town. There’s been a bit of discussion about this strategy the past, but I’m not recalling where, so it may be from quite long ago before I was playing and was still lurking.

Just want to go on board and say this is a terrible strategy. If the person is actually scum, then scum gets to say things that will subconsciously influence other players, scum gets to attempt to make people town read them and thus save themselves, scum gets to chat with and advise their scumbuddy (even if PW is less experienced than say Sabrar, that doesn't mean PW might not notice something Sabrar misses or have a different perspective that helps Sabrar click something into place). If the person is town... well, I'm at the top of peoples' scum lists and I'm town, so if you decided to use that plan on me, you'd look for people linking themselves to me or something and waste all that time and effort while people aren't mentally focusing on real scum. Yeah I know IRL people aren't going to ignore other peoples' scumslips and we'll have results to base it on / etc so it's not actually a case of laser focus but STILL. I am really extremely against this "save scum for later" approach it boggles the mind that people would like it :shock:.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 pm UTC

What are you going to say when I flip town? :roll:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 pm UTC

I don't particularly though peoples' lists aren't filling me with confidence.

I am going to flip town sooner or later though, which is what i meant. Either if town takes care of me sometime, or if scum kills me, or if we get to the end of the game and my alignment is revealed that way. Either way you're going to have to eat your humble pie.

I'm not sure there's much I can do to get people to let me live, at least not without drastically changing my playstyle (which in itself would be suspicious). At this point I basically have to get lucky and notice something scummy nobody else notices, or be instrumental on a wagon, or something. And I'm trying, I'm thinking, but I am not full of hope :/

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:17 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Madge wrote:I
I'm not sure there's much I can do to get people to let me live, at least not without drastically changing my playstyle (which in itself would be suspicious).

An updated naughty list would be a great start.

Pfft, updated reads list is against my playstyle!

Nice: Somi / Bessie

Naughty: BF (that exchange with PW where you left out some possibilities), jimbob (just a vibe, i don't do specifics), Sabrar (???)

I am really struggling to read flicky, hari, laserguy, cemper. I have been all game.

Sabrar is just all over the place... he's not enough to be in Naughty or Nice specifically, but he's still, like, THERE, you know? So I put him in naughty as something about him seems different, and different could be Naughty. Who knows!

Boomfrog having to bus PW is weird, does sit wrong with me. I think BF's woof gambit would be hard though - PW would know BF was scum and... I don't know if he'd be able to react naturally. (Did PW act naturally though? Exercise for the reader).

Random thought: Bessie's new avatar makes it look like the dog is a head with feet. It's adorable.

@Bessie can you please order people from woof to grr instead of town to scum? I would love it. Except you seem to use woof to mean scummy at the moment. My pup almost never barks but when she does it's when she's trying to get someone to play!

Random side thought: in case it's not obvious to the doctor, quick FYI: we get no benefit from knowing you're naive (i.e. if you target someone who dies anyway). So if you happen to protect someone who is killed anyway, don't mention you're naive when you claim. Scum should have to try and "outthink" you, or be wary of it. (That said - can doctors self-target?)

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:No strong opinions; next line Somi/Bessie are town. Hmm... Also interesting that there's only one possible scum on this list.

.... yes, how unusual that I say the un CC'd tracker is town and that bessie who I think wouldn't have bussed PW like she did as town is town. Those were my strongest opinions. Did you not notice how the rest were wishy-washy crap? You must have because you quoted them!

@Madge - am I write in my understanding that naughty is scum, and nice is town?

Yes

@Madge - why am I on the naughty list? Why isn't Sabrar?

Surprise! Now you're both there. It's a gut feeling / etc sorry. (FWIW I had Sabrar added to the naughty list before I saw this question. Feel free to doubt this!)

aside: this is part of the reason i don't like doing lists - i am like the opposite of bessie, i don't pick things out, i just get the vibe of the thing (required Australian cultural education for y'all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuh33BMZYY) - and I have used that clip to explain this before. so finding the "17 quotes that show that jimbob is scummy - #9 will SHOCK you!" just... doesn't come naturally to me. So hopefully this naughty/nice with minimal explanation will be seen more as a "Madge trying to help by giving some reads" rather than a "Madge not helping enough by not giving detailed enough reads"

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 am UTC

you will change your tone when you watch the full movie of "The Castle", truly the greatest innovation of Australian cinema

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:57 am UTC

stream of consciousness (moreso than usual):

i'm not sure where to stand on cemper, his post started out bad but he had good notes on PW's reads; maybe he was trying to protect flicky and failed. I think overall it's a slight positive on cemper for me, which is good because i've had a hard time reading him.

Hari gets town points for pointing out he didn't want to target PW specifically - but winey points they are!

Nice: Somi / Bessie / Hari

Naughty: BF, Sabrar (more firm after things other people have said), jimbob, Cemper

(both are in descending order-ish)

random thought: more on the doctor as now i'm hoping that with cop dead the doctor is sane. doctor shouldn't claim after a succesful protection even though that gives us a confirmed townie (with some wine). after two succesful protections though probably should. otherwise keep that knowledge until claim time or a LYLO type time?

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 am UTC

whoops in true stream of consciousnes style, i put cemper on the weak naughty list when i meant to put him on the weak nice list

Nice: Somi / Bessie / Hari / Cemper

Naughty: BF, Sabrar (more firm after things other people have said), jimbob

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 am UTC

I am opposed to claiming and will not claim unless I am at L-2 or L-3(ish) or I'm leading and it's close to deadline.

1) if I am PR, it outs me and has me as killbait tonight instead of relatively safe from the NK because i'm seen as scummy

2) if I am VT, it will make me look scummy; it will also allow scum to narrow down their kill targets - rather than have me a kill target of ambiguous quality due to the potential I'm PR, killing me is probably a good idea

3) if i'm scum, i will claim VT and it will be indistinguishable from 2)

Since in 2/3 cases I claim VT feel free to make that your assumption in reading me; but I'm not going to claim one way or another until I'm in immediate danger of being voted off.

Then we get to 4:

4) In general, it is best that VT have a policy of not claiming until their voteoff seems imminent; this policy prevents outing PRs earlier than would otherwise be necessary whilst also preventing scum from eliminating people from contention as PR.

degenerate case is all the VTs claim on D1; now scum knows who the PRs are though they don't know specifically who is what role, but it allows them to kill only PRs all game.

At the end of the day, ambiguity about my role hurts scum and I think is neutral to town.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:31 am UTC

before anyone gives me crap for leaving out of 3) the possibility of scum!madge claiming a PR, the real PR would counterclaim and I think you all know how that would go, if it happened. In the best case for scum, me fakeclaiming trades a scum for a townie PR, and I don't think scum wants to make that trade right now.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 am UTC

Doctor can post it for beer.

I do not counterclaim, FWIW

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am UTC

?? maybe we're misunderstanding beer so here's what i meant:

Doctor!Madge may have made that post to make scum think she wasn't doctor so she wouldn't be killed.

Doc and Watcher are different: while they both benefit from targeting the NK target, doc gives us a townie and watcher gives us scum.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 am UTC

I'm vanilla town. All the softclaiming was an attempt to get scum to think about killing me rather than a PR, since my scummy meta means that I'm not a popular NK target. I am well aware that's also what scum would do to keep their claim options open and buy some time; but that's wine.

So.... I hope you're happy with the outcome of my claim being what apparently nobody really suspected?

BESSIE YOU DID A WOOF TO GRR LIST I AM SO HAPPY <3

ninja: I agree that LaserGuy thinking Hari is scummy for listening to him is weird.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 pm UTC

Keep those expectations tempered; I'm so annoyed I managed to get myself voted off the island again.

I'm like an alternate universe bessie: haven't been scum for like a year, but instead of everyone finding me townie as a result everyone finds me scummy :lol:

I actually considered using my dying breaths to claim scum and then when I flip town you can analyse scum's reactions to it, but then I figured I'd get hammered too quickly to get reactions from scum. But I thought it was an interesting thought that flies in the face of "townies don't lie" - but I don't know if people would find such a thing useful.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 pm UTC

You're a unicorn Sabrar. Hopefully my flip will give you more data to unfailingly read me as town in future.... so that way when i do flip scum I can STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my past posts have some reads in them. I have nothing more to say that's not going to be unreasonably tinged by OMGUS. I'll post if I see anything weird don't get me wrong but basically everyone has gone down some notches for "trying to vote out townie ol' me".

At least when I go, you'll have two wagons to analyse for scum. .... or for townies who consistently read me as scummy.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm UTC

i'm not sure if i get voted off or not but i definitely have people hammering on me the whole time unless i have a good claim or something (let me double check my PM - nope, still not doctor, sigh!), or, well, Sabrar just decides to defend me like the upstanding citizen he is.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 pm UTC

Not voting because I'm going to be doing it entirely defensively and there's no viable alternative there yet, and I don't want to be the one to propose it because I'm not exactly got a trust worthy reputation this game.

i'll accept any target you have (apart from Sabrar or Somi obviously; would prefer not bessie but if it's her or me...).

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 am UTC

I'm accepting my fate, but can you guys please post some analyses for "if madge is town"? That way I can offer my thoughts and maybe you can give me an idea that will spark something in me. The "madge is scum, hari is her scumbuddy" line of thinking will be great for you guys to do tomorrow if I flip scum, but from my point of view, as town who is facing her death, there's not much I can add to the discussion if it's going to be centred around identifying my scumbuddy. I mean, I can say, "yeah so-and-so seems scummy but he's not my scumbuddy because I'm town" but that's not really that helpful.

Then again I understand the desire that if you think I'm scum but think you won't survive the night, you want to have your stuff on the record so people can use it to guide their decisions tomorrow. But if you spend time talking about my hypothetical scumbuddy I'd love you to try and spend at least 50% as much time talking about who to target when I flip town so that way I can try and engage with the conversation in the moments before someone hammers me. (BTW - I do still want to talk and see if I Can contribute to discussion since when I flip people might actually LISTEN to me for once - so if someone hammers me FOS FOS FOS from beyond the grave)

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:50 am UTC

I offered to claim in the event of my impending voteoff, which I did on D2 when it was actually a possibility. I don't think there's anything suspicious about that. People were even telling me not to claim D1. I at least hopefully got scum quaking in their boots about whether to kill me or not. (Probably not, but a girl can dream!)

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:12 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
Madge wrote:I at least hopefully got scum quaking in their boots about whether to kill me or not.
Why would that be important if you're vanilla? Only PRs have particular incentive to ensure the night kill doesn't land on them.

Ahh, but I'm running with the opposite incentive!

VT has (say) three roles:

1) Don't have town vote you off

2) Find out who is scum and vote them off

3) Get scum to kill you instead of a power role

I'm failing at 1), and 2) has never been my strong suit. So I softclaimed a PR to try and achieve 3). I wanted to look like a townie doctor or watcher or whatever enough to draw the kill but didn't work this time.

Basically as PR my personal win condition is to get a useful result for town with my power; as VT my personal win condition is to be killed in the night. Those are what I consider the most "helpful" situations for me. Someone like Bessie or Sabrar probably has a personal win condition more like "catch scum in a slip" or "convince someone they're wrong", but we're all different.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 am UTC

vote: BoomFrog

Consider me gone until deadline, guys

I appreciate people making "if madge is town" reads, hopefully they'll come in handy sometime?

Madge

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D5

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:16 am UTC

Fun game!! Thanks for running it wam/suzaku!!

When's the next one?? I will have my revenge on the lot of you!!

I also agree that short deadlines would be great - two or three days. Flicky, don't leave us!!! I am scared that the new meta is going to these long days and detailed take downs and that's not my style and I don't want to go somewhere else because this place is quiet enough that i can be quietly addicted to mafia rather than risking going on one of those mafia megaforums and being in 17 games at once because they all sounded too good to pass up.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D3

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:18 pm UTC

Hi there! I've only been casually following this game so far, and there are 29 pages of posts to go through, so it may take a little while for me to be fully up to speed.

I'm at work right now, so have to do work things for the next few hours, but I will try to make a post with actual content in the next 6-8 hours.

Meanwhile, if someone wanted to provide a brief summary of the action to this point, it would be much appreciated!

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:56 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Oooo... somebody I have heard of but never seen play before. Welcome to the game MasterOfAll! Not sure I can give a good summary of the game so far, aside from 1 scum was lynched D1, and 1 vanilla town D2. Cop was NKed N1 and Tracker N2, leaving watcher-claimed Sabrar, and an unknown doctor, both of whom might not be sane.
Thanks for the quick recap.

Just so I have it in one place, I've grabbed the end of day votes (with dead players struck out):
the mods wrote:End of D1 Votals
flicky1991 - 4 (cemper93, LaserGuy, Madge, Vicarin)
Peaceful Whale - 5 (flicky1991, BoomFrog, Hari Seldon, Sabrar, somitomi)
Madge - 1 (bessie)
cemper93 - 1 (jimbobmacdoodle)

Not voting: Peaceful Whale

End of D2 Votals
Madge - 4 (jimbobmacdoodle, BoomFrog, LaserGuy, Sabrar)
BoomFrog - 2 (bessie, Madge)
flicky1991 - 1 (cemper93)

Not voting: Hari Seldon, flicky1991, somitomi

Since D1 was a close vote and D2 wasn't, I think there might be more to be learned from D1's. It's not unheard of for scum to bus a scummate on D1, but since it was such a close vote at the end I am going to give town creds to flicky1991, BoomFrog, Hari Seldon, and Sabrar (who gets all the town creds for claiming watcher without any counter). For the D2 vote, my only thought is that it is unlikely that *both* scum voted for Madge as it would seem safe for scum to leave a vote wherever it might already be (or not be).

So, following that logic, without bothering to consider players' actual posts, leads me to think that bessie is scum with either jimbobmacdoodle or LaserGuy as her scum-bro.

Of course, I am not completely ruling out scum voting for PW on D1, so flicky1991, BoomFrog, and Hari Seldon are not getting 100% passes from me.

Still, I don't see any reason to continue to have a vote on flicky, so . . .

Unvote (flicky1991)

I will hold off on casting a new vote until I have something more than vote analysis to go off. I am going to start reading through some posts now, but no promises that I'll actually find anything worth sharing.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 am UTC

I've only made it halfway through page 18 on my readthrough, and that was with skipping 2/3rds of D1. Y'all are starting to all blend together in my head though, so I am gonna call it a night.

Hopefully I will be able to get more up to speed before the end of D3, but no promises since I thought I would have made more progress tonight.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 am UTC

bessie wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:So, following that logic, without bothering to consider players' actual posts, leads me to think that bessie is scum with either jimbobmacdoodle or LaserGuy as her scum-bro.
The Peaceful Whale wagon has been the subject of much debate on D2. That wagon gained traction very late, and some players (me, Madge, Vicarin) were already gone for the day by then. I’ll let you read through the posts first and draw your own conclusion, but I don’t expect you to fully analyze 29 pages of content feel free to ask me any questions.
I have now read through the remainder of D2, as well as keeping up with the posts since I joined the game. This means I only have a few more pages of early D3 posts to go through to feel caught up.

As previously stated, I'm not putting too much stock in that quick vote analysis I did, but I do feel that there is some value to it, and it was certainly much faster to do than to read through everyone's posts. That said, it does seem a bit unfair to bessie that because she was offline during the PW bandwagon she doesn't get the town cred that the voters get, especially when D1 posts seem to distance her and PW. So, there is possibly clever scum somewhere on that D1 bandwagon. I will have to put some thought into which PW voter seems likeliest.

Due to the successful D1 lynch, I feel like we are in pretty good shape here even though we never got any info from any of the power roles. But, it'd sure be nice to get the vote right today. I'm leaning towards jimbobmacdoodle and LaserGuy as scummiest, but don't necessarily think they make sense as a scumteam. They even had votes on each other earlier today (an interesting scum gambit?).

I'm about to watch some NBA basketball, so that's all for now.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:I'm leaning towards jimbobmacdoodle and LaserGuy as scummiest, but don't necessarily think they make sense as a scumteam.
Please explain this.

@all: please help me find this stuff. Who besides BoomFrog expressed the idea that {jimbob,LaserGuy} is probably not the scum-team and what was their reasoning?

I don't have a lot of time to go through posts or make detailed comments while I'm at work, but my thinking for why they are unlikely to be a team is because
1) they are 2 of the 4 votes on Madge on D2
2) they were going after each other earlier here on D3

As for why I am leaning towards them as scummy, that is just the general sense I got from my read-through.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: Newbie New Year Mafia - D4

Postby MasterOfAll » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm UTC

Good Sunday morning to all. Apologies for not posting Friday night, but I was a bit burnt out from the workweek and just didn't feel like sitting in front of my computer. And, yes, that deadline was an inconvenient 6am Saturday morning in my time zone.

But, it seems like it worked out pretty well. We were most likely going to want to no-lynch at some point to get to an odd number of players. Except it seems like we have an effective cop, so we still have an even number! Hah. I suppose it is possible that scum withheld their NK, but I can't think of any good reason for that.

As for cemper being able (or not) to tell me about his breadcrumbs, it really doesn't matter, as I highly doubt that he left vanilla townie crumbs.

Yes, I am not the Doc. So it seems that we have 2 confirmed townies now. And I am guessing that BoomFrog protected Sabrar, although he might have self-protected (is that allowed in this game?).

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Ok, so scum messed up (or forgot to submit NK???).

@MasterOfAll: when can we expect a full read-list from you?
That is a good question. I don't have a good answer. Unfortunately, I am a bit ill right now, which is affecting my ability to read and think logically. My mafia hunting skills are pretty rusty anyway, so y'all are probably not missing out on much. I'll try to get something done in the next couple days, but don't expect anything too extensive.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

I am at work so don't have time to post anything substantial right now.

But I wanted to say that I am still alive and feeling much better (I have slept so much the last week+) and so hopefully after work today I will be able to catch up on the D4 happenings and actually contribute.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 am UTC

Ok, for ease of reading, my Town to Scum list, with my guess at % chance of being scum . . .

Sabrar: 0%
BoomFrog: 0%
bessie: 20%
flicky1991: 30%
Hari Seldon: 40%
LaserGuy: 50%
jimbobmacdoodle: 60%

And, some thoughts on each player . . .

bessie: I have strong town feelings about her. The 20% is mostly because there is always the chance a player is scum but really good at playing a strong town game.

flicky1991: My gut says town. It would be very amusing to me if that D1 late activity moved the lynch from one member of the scum team to another, but I don't think this is the case. The 30% is mostly because cemper thought flicky is scum and I figure I should give some weight to the views of my predecessor.

Hari Seldon: If scum, then pretty risky to be pro-NL on D1. Actually stated when voting for Peacful Whale, "I am putting this here with the hope of NLing. Please really consider this option." Which seems like a silly thing for scum to say, since that would reduce town cred if PW is lynched and is thus revealed as scum. But, overall, I got a less townie feel than on bessie or flicky, and I have 200% of scumminess probability to distribute, so he gets 40%.

LaserGuy: Something in his aggressive playstyle pings me, but I have a hard time figuring out exactly what. So, he gets a cointoss: 50%.

jimbobmacdoodle: I feel like he led the lynch on Madge on D2 knowing it was a bandwagon others would get behind, and this stopped there being any serious consideration of other targets. And I just generally got a scum feel on him from my readthroughs. Still, I am by no means sure of scumminess, so he gets 60%.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:22 pm UTC

Are you all very impressed with my #content? It's pretty #gamechanging, isn't it. /sarcasm

@mods, can you please clarify when the deadline is? (It doesn't seem that there were any objections to extending to the other side of the weekend, and I certainly don't object.)

Return to “Mafia”