- Mod: Suzaku
- Size: 13
- Speed: 4 IRL-day days with extensions per 'Lights Out!' rules, 2 IRL-day nights
- Setup: Closed
- Bastardry: Minimal (may contain hidden role elements and/or unexpected interactions - mods will not lie)
- Flavour: Loosely based on the canon of Stellaris
- No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- No player may read discussion spoilers about this game unless they are dead. There are no spoiler reading roles.
- No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time. Unless, of course, the mod tells you to.
- Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends. Prods will be sent after about 48 hours of inactivity.
- No, really - don't lurk! This game has shortish deadlines, and I reserve the right to replace or modkill any player who fails respond to a prod within about 24 hours.
- Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled. See above.
- Any player who is modkilled for rule violations (not lurking) will have their role retconned to ‘Survivor’ meaning they will automatically lose.
- You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the deadline falls (even if the mod doesn't post a day-end post), or 'Lights Out' is hammered.
- You may not post, nor quote directly from, any PM from a mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
- You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
- You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
- This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
- Days will last for 4 RL days, with extensions as provided for in the 'Lights Out' rules below. Nights will last for 2 IRL days. Weekends will count as half time.
- Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
- In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
- Requests for extensions will be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
- Deadlines are 'hard', meaning that posting and voting is NOT permitted after deadline.
- Votes (and questions for the mod) must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are executed. After an execution, all votes are reset and the day continues.
- If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then there will be no execution and night will begin.
- If the votals are tied at deadline, there will be no execution and night will begin.
- You can vote to begin night early by casting a vote for "Lights Out". If "Lights Out" is hammered night begins immediately.
- You’re alive until you are hammered in a vote, or a mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a 'Bah! You killed me,' post that reveals no information.
- On the other hand, once you are dead you may read the spoilers in the discussion thread.
Private Message rules:
- You must include the mod in any PM you send related to this game.
- You can ask the mod questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No communicating with other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
- Quicktopics will be provided for private communication, but forum PMs may be used instead if prefered.
- Any night actions must be sent by PM, not as part of a Quicktopic.
This means that I will tell you only what I think you need to know about the setup. You may ask me questions, but I may not answer.
I will not lie about the setup
This game uses 'Lights Out' mechanics, as follows:
- Execution happens only by majority vote, and does NOT end the day.
- When a player receives a majority vote, they are automatically and immediately executed. All votes are then reset and the day continues.
- The deadline will be extended on each execution as follows:
- Initial deadline will be 4 days.
- The first execution will add 1.5 days to the deadline.
- The second execution will add a further day to the deadline.
- No additional extensions will be added.
- If a non-extending execution (i.e. a third or later execution) occurs fewer than 12 hours before the deadline, then the day ends and night begins.
- If a deadline passes the day ends and night begins.
⇒ Votals and votes required will be accurate. As I may not be around to call executions, it's important you can know with confidence whether you have or have not been hammered.
Will the roles be randomized based off the sign-up order or the alphabetical order you have in the OP?
⇒ Neither They will be randomly assigned in a random manner randomly determined.
Can we assume that there are no spoiler reading roles, listening roles, alignment changing roles?
⇒ You are welcome to make whatever assumptions you like. There are no spoiler reading roles, as mentioned in the rules.
When is information revealed about a dead player's role? (Assuming beginning of next day)
⇒ Correct, at the beginning of the next day.
How much information is revealed about deceased players? (Alignment, win condition, role mechanics, role pm, hidden mechanics?)
⇒ Reveals will include faction (=alignment), role, powers, and flavour.
Will we be told when a faction is eliminated or achieves a victory condition which does not end the game?
Will anyone be given a fake claim of any kind?
⇒ No comment.
Are there anti-claiming mechanics in the game?
⇒ No comment.
Will we be warned of MYLO/LYLO? (Despite MYLO being badly defined when town can Lynch twice in a row)
⇒ No, you will not.
If yes, will we have updated MYLO/LYLO information after each Lynch but before day end?
⇒ Moot; see above.
Are there listening roles?
⇒ Actually, I'll give you this one - no there are not.
Are there alignment changing roles?
⇒ No comment.
Evil George Washington- Executed D2 - 3rd Party
heuristically_alone- Executed D2 - ???
Peaceful Whale- Killed N1 - UNE
- Zenii - Killed N2 - UNE
The Ulysses Initiative, six great ark ships with experimental drives. Built in orbit in the last part of the 21st century, and launched to the stars soon after. Each carrying a quarter of a million colonists, brave souls striking out to start new lives in new systems. None was ever heard from again. We assumed them lost with all hands, and abandoned the unstable wormhole technology they used.
Under the auspices of the United Nations Space Research Agency, we developed FTL-warp drives; reliable, if slow, and we took our first steps to the stars. We colonised the nearby systems of Alpha Centauri and Barnard's Star. We encountered alien races, fought when we had to, made allies and friends when we could. We became a beacon, a haven, providing prosperity and security for all sentient beings within our borders.
Then, in 2269, new ships were encountered; heavily armed and armoured, hostile, relentless. And crewed by humans.
Descendants of colonists from the ark ship Excelsior, the so-called Commonwealth of Man is nothing more than a military dictatorship with designs on galactic conquest at any cost.
So now it falls to us, the officers and ratings of the UNE Navy, to resist the advance of our wayward cousins, and to defend the ideals and principles of the United Nations of Earth.
Good luck, and Godspeed.
PMs will be going out in the next few minutes. Please confirm in thread once you have received (and understood) yours. If you do not receive a PM in the next few hours, please PM me.
Questions may continue to be posted in thread along with confirmations, but please refrain from posting content until day start.