Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - D1 - Assassination

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 am UTC

So you're claiming a power that if you were in the last 5 people would instantly end the day upon the day beginning?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 am UTC

Zenii wrote:above was @ heury

btw could someone unvote me, the day will end if I am put at l-3.

Haha wrong. The day won't end if you get lynched right now. And yes my post to PW was sarcastic.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 am UTC

Nope. I'm claiming that if I am put at l-3 today, the day will end. We can test it out once we are ready to end.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:25 am UTC

And you want people to believe that sort of power is townie?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:25 am UTC

Zenii wrote:Nope. I'm claiming that if I am put at l-3 today, the day will end. We can test it out once we are ready to end.

Huh... is this a one time thing?

(Should I vote him to test it?
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 am UTC

Dudes I don't care if you want to lynch me. I was just giving you a heads up. I should be the last lynch of the day if you're gonna try it.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:31 am UTC

You know, if I was town and had such a hilariously anti-town power I'd be claiming it in huge flashing hot pink writing in my first post once the game started so that it didn't seem like a weird ruse to shove a lynch onto someone else. You're suggesting that you were seriously risking 2 people switching on to you while you haven't been online, ending up with a NL for D1.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:35 am UTC

Don't care, it's not like you can lynch me for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:39 am UTC

unvote

So we lynch somebody else, and before ending the day we put him at L3. If it doesn't immediately end of the day, we lynch him.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 am UTC

You seriously think that claimed ability makes any sense whatsoever? Passive day ending at L-3 on town? And that he didn't claim it before this?

Madge

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Pregame

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
Madge wrote:Are there listening roles?

Why did you feel the need to ask about this? This game is low bastardry.

This is what I asked you. Do you not get notified when you're quoted?

Yes but I don't look at my notifications of quoting especially, since I get topic reply notifications.

freezeblade wrote:I'm not saying that it happens often, I'm saying that it is possible and has happened here. Granted I haven't been around much in the last few years, but trusting masons to be 100% town (or that your mason partner is guaranteed town) is foolish, and stupid. It has resulted in games that should have been clean cut to become not so, because people trusted masons being town as gospel truth. It is not.

...yes and I believe I was a neighbour!mason who lost on maofia because of this. By "mason" I of course meant mutually guaranteed town mason and if I ever get to be in a mason chat I'll ask the mod to confirm we are both town. In Werewolf, as mod, when our masons got activated I explicitly told them in big bold mod letters that they were both town because I know it's ambiguous.

So, please reread my post and where I say "mason" replace it with "masons who are told by the mod that they are both town for realsie reals and they can totally trust one another, not to be confused with neighbours, otherwise Freezeblade will have my head"

@Vicarin: No read yet. I like your posts but I don't have an opinion on whether they're by town or by scum being townie.

Zenii's claim is bizarre and seems to fly in the face of Suzaku saying that we will always know if someone is voted off or not.

I'd vote Zenii but I don't want to cause flack for causing them to fly closer to L-3 until we have an agreement.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:47 am UTC

Just realised I didn't answer the question you asked just the question about quoting :lol:

My answer to your actual question is that I always ask about alignment changing listening etc because when I have chat I want to know if people can listen in on me, and if I don't ask it every time then people will know I have chat when I do ask.

If you want to take it as a scumtell, here's my counterpoint: I asked it before I even got my role PM so it's a nulltell anyway, and don't you think scum!Madge would ask it in the PM in her scumchat?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Pregame

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:53 am UTC

Madge wrote:Zenii's claim is bizarre and seems to fly in the face of Suzaku saying that we will always know if someone is voted off or not.

Actually, yeah, hadn't thought of that, but this is a good point. Such a power would really screw up Day-Night transition times given that Suzaku is solo modding and vote-changing powers were out to reduce ambiguity about hammers and deadlines.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 am UTC

Madge wrote:Just realised I didn't answer the question you asked just the question about quoting :lol:

My answer to your actual question is that I always ask about alignment changing listening etc because when I have chat I want to know if people can listen in on me, and if I don't ask it every time then people will know I have chat when I do ask.

If you want to take it as a scumtell, here's my counterpoint: I asked it before I even got my role PM so it's a nulltell anyway, and don't you think scum!Madge would ask it in the PM in her scumchat?

You posted 6 minutes after I got my role PM. But I don't think you're scum. I think you and I have the same role PM because there are certain keywords in my role that I believe might lead you to ask. I think that several others, possibly everyone in Town, may have the same role. And if so, we need to completely rethink our strategy or D1 will be a disaster.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:16 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I think that several others, possibly everyone in Town, may have the same role. And if so, we need to completely rethink our strategy or D1 will be a disaster.

D1? Why would D1 be a disaster?

I'm going to say that I have basically no idea what you're referring to so I think it's pretty safe to say that not everyone who's Town has the same role.

I would be VERY surprised if most of Town had my role. I could see more than one person having it though.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:24 am UTC

EBWOP: Actually, no, thinking about it again I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with my role. Whoops.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:27 am UTC

I don’t think I have a strong power role...
It does help though, as we wouldn’t normally know the flip till the next day...
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 am UTC

I really want to know what role LaserGuy has, what could cause such a disaster? Why if only other people have the role?!
Spoiler:

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:29 am UTC

Goshdammit PW, please don't reveal your role info unless necessary. Now that you have though, we should probably use it today. On the person I'm going to suggest lynching.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:30 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I don’t think I have a strong power role...
It does help though, as we wouldn’t normally know the flip till the next day...

Ugh. Yeah, now that you've said this, it would be good to use it today. But you shouldn't say this.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 am UTC

>.<
I think you are misunderstanding my role.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 am UTC

Sorry, I’ll probably be NK... not really though, I do not believe my power is all that useful... I guess it could be. I’m sorry, I don’t know why I did that.
Spoiler:

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 am UTC

Then good, and say no more on the matter and don't reveal anything else unless you're up on the chopping block.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 am UTC

Ok, I’m going to bed now...
Vote Sabrar
I’m not going to be indecisive.
As I’ve reread, i don’t think Sabrar is really Sabrar, he’s the one I’m most willing to lynch, so that’s where my vote will go till I wake up. Freeezeblade is second, the posts Zennii highlighted don’t cast him in a good light if Sabrar flips scum.
Sorry if this is a mistake, I’m going to bed, please place your complaints in the complaint bin, I’ll get to them tomorrow.
Spoiler:

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 am UTC

In that case I don't think we have the same role PM. I asked because it's my routine.

I did ask the listening/alignment changing question for the first time about 12 hours before the role PMs were sent, I asked it again soon after I received mine. That's what I meant.

Everyone having my role would be unbalanced IMO, though it could also be hilarious.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:54 am UTC

Pity. Would have made for an interesting setup.

That wasn't wholly unproductive though.

Unvote

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 am UTC

@Madge: I've ran two games with all the same role :mrgreen:

LaserGuy wrote:Pity. Would have made for an interesting setup.

That wasn't wholly unproductive though.

Unvote
Were you thinking there were multiple Masons? If so, it's quite likely.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 am UTC

I'd like to see a game where there's only a single mason. "Oh yeah, you're a mason, and you've got a chat. Have fun in there by yourself!"

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:22 am UTC

Ranmaru's Game Winning D1 Reads

Strong Town

First off, forgive me for these. I get really lazy when trying to put into words obv town reads.

Peaceful Whale
-Pregame enthusiasm.
-Am able to follow thought process.
-No fear in voting Madge when I asked him to. Scum are usually afraid to be seen as sheeping.

LaserGuy
-Tone
-Evolution of reads feel genuine.
-Lack of trying to appear towny.

Evil George Washington
When George is scum it is fairly obvious right away. He tends to have a real hard time faking it as scum. He has improved somewhat recently though, so I'm not 100. The posts that give me the best feelings about him are the ones where he describes his read on heury. They matched my thoughts and defending heury doesn't seem like something scum!George would do.

I also really like the tone of this post:
Spoiler:
Sabrar: Yes it will. You disagree because eagerness is a state of being so I want to see why you feel like that and how it applies to other players. You said 'yours truly include' so I want to know why you think that and how it affects your reads in this game. I'm not asking about non-game related content here.

Ok, let's try it like this. If you agree that can apply to town as well, it means it is null. Are you thinking 'this looks scummy even though it can be null?' then you are wrong. I entirely disagree that a person will be scum for having a bad strategy, it simply means they are misguided. If you think a person is scum for having bad strategy, then you have to answer why they are posting a bad strategy. Why would scum be likely to do that, and why would town be likely to do that, and then decide which is more likely. If you decide that you can't tell which is more likely, then it's null and you have to try to sort them in another way. Ask them for more content, keep them talking. One thing is for sure, scum will eventually slip.
The second paragraph looks like it's coming from a calm minded towny trying to actually come to an understanding.

My biggest concern with George is meta related. George simply does not do set up talk. I don't think I've ever seen him "crunch numbers" before. It's odd, but I think he's just probably trying something new.

Heuristically Alone

heuristically_alone
His initial post strongly town pinged me, because it was the exact same feeling I had about freezeblade's post. All of heury's other posts ping me as town as well. The one thing I dislike is that he is town reading Sabrar. 100% town reading him. Hmm. So maybe this is why freezeblade has been talking about Masons so much and why Laser thinks multiple people have the same role. I see, I see. This changes everything.

Town Lean

Vicarin
Wait, how did he end up here? Hmm, I actually really like his post in response to my request for him to vote for Sabrar. My only reserve is that Vic has made it clear that he knows how to respond as scum. So I definitely think scum!Vic is capable of that response. However, this really town pings me:
EBWOP: Actually, no, thinking about it again I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with my role. Whoops.
This was really unnecessary and doesn't seem like a post scum would make. There was a post early on that town pinged me as well. Vic said something along the lines of "it's funny that I'm being scum read this time". While of course scum!Vic could say this, I don't really think scum!Vic would have been in the mindset to think of it.

I also don't think Vic is buds with Sabrar, so if Sabrar flips scum, I'm quite alright with Vic. There is still the possibility that he is a third party, but I'm actually not for lynching him today.

plytho
plytho doesn't seem to be that involved in the game which is worrying. I also think it is suspicious that he was pushing for the inverted-pyramid strategy. However, it also doesn't seem like scum!plytho would play this apathetically. Taking another look at his previous reads list, I like the reasoning behind them.

bessie
I don't feel a genuine spirit coming from bessie's PW read. She assuming he is scum and then explaining his actions through that lens. It does not make sense that scum!PW would intentionally want to be scum read by bessie.

I also completely disagree with her logic for scum reading pregame posts. Her two assumptions are 1. Scum are more likely to "break rules" than Town. and 2. People don't think that pregame posts should be taken into account. There is no evidence for either of these. No one has suggested that the confirmation posts be ignored. In fact, the opposite has been suggest quite a few times.

I am trying to avoid a null category and so keep alternating between putting bessie as a scum lean or the bottom of my town leans. Despite the above, her tone seems quite town. I'm gonna go with my gut for now.

Scum Lean

somitomi
I'm not sure what it is, but I get a sense of unease from Somi's posts. It's hard to place him though. I really need more to go on.

wam
I initially had Wam as a Town lean because of his tone. But there's something in the back of my head that I haven't quite been able to wiggle out yet. Something is pinging me but I don't know what... Need more.

Strong Scum

Sabrar
It's hard to say whether or not Sabrar is just trolling. My initial thought was that he was just being a satirical me, but he seems set on sticking with this crazeness. I've stated before that the logic behind his reads is nonsensical. It's also weird that he is pretending to be able to read me and George when he has only seen us play in one game, which he was scum in. I'm not sure what the hell is going on with him, honestly. But I definitely don't think that his reads are real. If they are, I'm sad that he is so confident.

Madge
There is so much off with Madge:
1. Asking Sabrar what he thought about the setup at the start of the game. Let's assume that Madge thought the game has started. Why did she feel the need to ask Sabrar this then and there?
2. Madge's lack of strategy and speculation. This is pretty much what Madge is known for and what she likes most about the game. I get the feeling that she is pretending to be more clueless and without a plan than she actually is.
3. Her "why are we lynching zenii?" post. She hasn't even read a single one of my posts, so why would she care? My speculation is that she is trying to mimic her recent meta for defending unwarranted lynches. There was no heart in this at all though.

freezeblade
I think freeze is our most solid lynch option. He has show no scum hunting motivation at all. His post about people distancing Sabrar is coming from no where and feels like him positioning himself in case of a bud!Sabrar lynch. He has given strong town points to Sabrar twice, so why would people scum reading Sabrar be distancing? The conclusion he should come to is that we are scum pushing for a mislynch, not scum distancing their partner.

Summary:

Recent events could explain Sabrar's behavior. If he is a Mason, that may be why he is been so brazen. He could post freely without fear of being lynched, as his Mason partner could confirm his town status. If Sabrar is town, my gut is telling me to look at wam.

I'm actually not really confident in my ability to read Madge. She is mislynched often and just overall hard to read. She is scummy enough in this game though that I think we should utilize our multi-lynch and execute her.

I think we should lynch freezeblade > Madge. And then go from there. If PW can reveal freezeblade's alignment upon lynch, I'd like for him to do that. I think that scum!freezblade 90% = scum!Sabar. If freezblade is town, I still think we should lynch Madge, but would have to reevaluate on if a third lynch makes sense.

@Laser @PW @EGW

Vote: Freezeblade

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:30 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:Unofficial votal:
Madge (3) - Peaceful Whale, Freezeblade, LaserGuy
Vicarin (2) - EGW, Zenii
Zenii (2) - Vicarin, Sabrar
Freezeblade (1) - heuristically_alone
Sabrar (1) - wam
Evil Georage Washington (1) - plytho

On phone, can't check everything. Hammer is 7, L-3 is 4. Zen had 2 votes, then both somitomi and h_a voted him. Guess that's 4. Could someone please check?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:31 am UTC

Could we have official votals please?

wam

Postby wam » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 am UTC

I sorry guys. I have ended up working ab16 hour day and don't have time to go through the content. Tomorrow may be similar but hopefully can find some spare time.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:49 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
freezeblade wrote:Unofficial votal:
Madge (3) - Peaceful Whale, Freezeblade, LaserGuy
Vicarin (2) - EGW, Zenii
Zenii (2) - Vicarin, Sabrar
Freezeblade (1) - heuristically_alone
Sabrar (1) - wam
Evil Georage Washington (1) - plytho

On phone, can't check everything. Hammer is 7, L-3 is 4. Zen had 2 votes, then both somitomi and h_a voted him. Guess that's 4. Could someone please check?

Yup, just double checked, immediately after the h_a vote Zenii was at L-3 until h_a unvoted some posts later after discussing the ability.

Any comments on this Zenii? Is our day going to come to an abrupt end or were you just trying to waste our time?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:57 am UTC

Zennii seems not to take into account meta at all, so anything said has a grain of salt IMO. :roll:

Zennii: you are still claiming that if you get to L-3, the day stops?

Vote: Zennii

I think that goes against one of the few actual crumbs of knowledge our great Mod gave us. We're meant to be able to self-police with day ends/etc. I think you're lying.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:23 am UTC

Current Votals:

Sabrar - 2 (wam, Peaceful Whale)
Madge - 1 (freezeblade)
Vicarin - 1 (Evil George Washington)
Zenii - 4 (Vicarin, Sabrar, somitomi, Madge)
Evil George Washington - 1 (plytho)
freezeblade - 1 (Zenii)

Not voting: bessie, heuristically_alone, LaserGuy

do players with chat have day chat or night chat
No comment

Apologies for the lack of modding so far; this week has been more-than-usually busy at work, and particularly today I've been in a long meeting since morning and unable to even read the forums.

Quick votals post here, please let me know if your vote is not correct.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:24 am UTC

Oh would you look at that the day hasn't ended. Fancy that.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:30 am UTC

let's ride this wagon guys. "lynch all liars" as they say!!!!!!!!!!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:32 am UTC

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:34 am UTC

After discovering the captain murdered, the officers and ratings of the Ajax turned to interrogating each other to find who was responsible.
As the accusations piled up against Zenii, he flatly told them that he wouldn't stand for being executed as a traitor.

"I'll shut down the life support outside the cabins and enforce a sleep period if I think you're going to kill me," was his ultimatum.
"Don't be offended if we don't believe you," was the general reply.

"Fine, then!" Moving to the central control panel, Zenii entered the override codes to lock down the bridge.

When it appeared that nothing was going to happen, Vicarin laughed. Just before all the lights went out.

Lights out has been called by executive order. It is now night. No one was executed today.
For reference, the end-of-day votals were as follows:

Sabrar - 2 (wam, Peaceful Whale)
Madge - 1 (freezeblade)
Vicarin - 1 (Evil George Washington)
Zenii - 4 (Vicarin, Sabrar, somitomi, Madge)
Evil George Washington - 1 (plytho)
freezeblade - 1 (Zenii)

Not voting: bessie, heuristically_alone, LaserGuy

The deadline for night will be middayish Monday my time (48 hours + weekend slow down). Details to follow when I'm in a more conducive environment.

Please ensure all night actions are submitted by PM before the deadline.
Last edited by Suzaku on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:31 am UTC

Deadline for night is extended until midday tomorrow my time, as I haven't been able to respond to certain queries sent in.

Deadline is 12:00 JST (03:00 UTC) tomorrow, February 27th. Any actions not submitted by this time will not happen.

Return to “Mafia”