Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 am UTC

Shout outs in order of dissapearance:

Peaceful whale: sorry you didn't get to play longer. Try to be more cautious with the claims. Always consider this before you claim: what does scum gain vs what does town gain when you claim?

heuristically_alone: clever, using two one shots in one night I'd never even consider that. I should have followed my feeling that you couldn't be scum.

Evil George Washington: SK is a tough role to get in this game. You made some good calls, reading freezeblade and bessie as scum.

Zen: Always a blast with you around. I'm glad I could help keep you from being lynched (even though it turns out my evidence wasn't what I thought it was).

bessie: Sorry you couldn't stick around. I hope you feel better now.

maven: You saying you had a good reason to believe wam actually made me feel better about wam.

freezeblade: clever play with the quick claim, that got you some town credit.

Vicarin: I got so suspicious of your rolefishing I didn't even claim my rolename in the end. I feel like you focused a little too much on roles and flavour and too little on what people were actually saying and doing.

Madge: Glad you had fun this game!

LaserGuy: I liked your new meta. It did feel a little suspicious after a while. I'm glad you liked my pushing D3. Too bad I focused on you. Without your claim I really couldn't fathom why you'd try to lynch wam there.

Sabrar: Thanks for leading town. Your plan didn't fail us. Town's scumhunting did.

somitomi: You're hard to read, which is good, so keep it up. But try to push and prod for more content. I didn't really believe you claimed your full power. (It was weird since it was the only passive power, while everyone else had fun stuff to do.) If I did I may have switched last minute.

wam: Great game. I had a few pings from you (holding off the answer to vic's question about night result wording until I gave you the townie answer, trying to attack me in the end game) but a lot of the stuff you wrote felt very townie. Your claim looked natural faced with Sabrar's 'scum slip' and your caution D3 made it feel like you were a townie being careful about proceeding too quickly.

scum team in general: Well done, there were no visible connections between you.

Suzaku: Awesome game. Nicely balanced. Without the flip suppression and somi's ability scum wouldn't have had a chance, I think. Now they (clearly) did but town still had a lot of powers to play around with.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm UTC

Checking out the scum chat:

Hey, bessie also picked up the commuter 'breadcrumb' from Sabrar.

bessie in scum chat wrote:Wish I had I guess on plytho's power! He's too reserved!
Yes! It worked!
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:39 pm UTC

I was mostly too busy. I would only be interested in finding scum as Zen said, so that's why I full claimed to help town out as why not, I'm probably going to die anyway. I guess it helped people not focus on my slot as being scum with Vic but I guess people still lynched him anyway? xD

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby bessie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:55 am UTC

Shout outs because George asked :) , but brief because I’m still plagued by headaches :( .

Most important: Suzaku, thanks for the game! And why didn’t plytho see me visit Zen on N1? Did I miss something?

Peaceful Whale – Sorry you got killed so early, you were correct as to why here. Keep asking a lot of questions, you are improving every game.

heuristically_alone – This made me laugh so much I thought it was the funniest thing I read this game until I read lover’s chat :P .

somitomi – Your instincts are good, as I’ve told you before, and you should just post and not worry about creating a work of art every time.

Evil George Washington – <3 U George. That is all.

plytho –
plytho wrote:
bessie in scum chat wrote:Wish I had I guess on plytho's power! He's too reserved!
Yes! It worked!
Hmm, I was wondering why we weren’t arguing more, as I had predicted. 8-)

Madge – Another example of Madge’s genius:
Madge wrote:@vicarin: I think it was scum's decision to make us doubt whether sabrar is town or not, and also I think some people had some recursive towniness determination that hinged on making determinations based on h_a's flip?
Adding it to the “Madge is brilliant” section of my notes.

Vicarin – Great game, your enthusiasm is inspiring! Some advice, I think you may be drawing the wrong conclusion from this:
Vicarin wrote:Hmmm, so you had rolenames but didn't know what were believable powers to claim, I see.
There was absolutely no reason to claim when your focus on the role names just kept making you look scummier. And I’m a bit annoyed disappointed that you think that I wouldn’t have been able to come up with a believable false power claim even on D2, and especially on D3 when there was so much information available. :(

LaserGuy – Interesting game. I have updated your profile in my files. :P
LaserGuy wrote:Sabrar - I think that went about as well as could be expected, honestly. I think I'm going to change our relationship status to "It's complicated".
Welcome to the club.
bessie wrote:Sabrar- It’s complicated. :)


Maven89 – Thank you for replacing into a difficult position/game.
Maven89 wrote:Maven MVP
+1, QFT, etc. Proof:
plytho wrote:maven: You saying you had a good reason to believe wam actually made me feel better about wam.


Zenii – Although we were on different teams, you were my inspiration in this game, and you drove me to continue to play and do my best, even as I was failing.
Zenii wrote:Peaceful Whale wasn't the only one trained in Psi Ops.
Zenii wrote:@vic: I have this special ability to see the core of another's soul
Adding these both to my list of Zen’s magic powers. :)

Sabrar – Once again we are destined not to be on the same team. Sabrar and I may be the proverbial two ships that pass in the night, but usually they’re the ships in wam’s avatar… :P

freezeblade – Welcome back. Totally meta game dude.

wam – I knew you were going to pull a gambit on D2. Funny, I was totally thinking of Seaside mafia where you were mafia with dimochka and he claimed cop and I somehow knew you were going to do it. Sorry I wasn’t more on my game, but at least I succeeded in staying alive until N2.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Didn't read lol, but I love how I just opened the thread and am already seeing "Zen" + "shenanigans" :P
Soooo, are you saying Zen has played like this before, and it’s not something new he is trying out? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:07 am UTC

<3 right back at you Bessie. I hope things are going better for you. Right now I'm suspended from work for 2 weeks. I also just now realized Sabrar WAS town, lol. I am glad I was right on him in the first place, but I think town would have better chances if he had been more willing to work with Zen and I. I'm going to try to do shout outs later!

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:12 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Didn't read lol, but I love how I just opened the thread and am already seeing "Zen" + "shenanigans" :P
Soooo, are you saying Zen has played like this before, and it’s not something new he is trying out? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I opened the thread here and there and this seemed par for the course, maybe even a little tame :wink:

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby Vicarin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 am UTC

bessie wrote:Vicarin – Great game, your enthusiasm is inspiring! Some advice, I think you may be drawing the wrong conclusion from this:
Vicarin wrote:Hmmm, so you had rolenames but didn't know what were believable powers to claim, I see.
There was absolutely no reason to claim when your focus on the role names just kept making you look scummier. And I’m a bit annoyed disappointed that you think that I wouldn’t have been able to come up with a believable false power claim even on D2, and especially on D3 when there was so much information available. :(


Well, I was suspicious of freezeblade partially because the 1 shot roleblock claim seemed very strange compared to a lot of the other claimed powers (also firing it D1 as town would be weird anyway), wam's claim mainly worked because h_a died without explaining that he'd done 2 abilities at once explaining what plytho had seen (he also had to rely on plytho answering my question about targeting, and gave what I thought was a weird flavor justification for the cop despite me giving him a better justification), and maven ended up dying because he was refusing to claim D3. Also, his proposed claim of visiting a dead person and gaining a one shot of their role would be very strange (why not target PW instead of possible scum?). So I don't think it was too bad of an idea, the main issue was people seeing me as a lyncher (there were 2 NKs and 9 Lynches in this game, I have no idea how you'd rework a lyncher to fit in lights out).

What do you think would have been a believable D2 claim?

bessie wrote:And why didn’t plytho see me visit Zen on N1? Did I miss something?


Chalk it up to one of the "unexpected interactions" in the rules post :lol: I don't think it's a bad idea to have a 1 shot forger be naturally untraceable, but it's pretty hard for it to come up anyway (watcher/tracker finding the forger).

@Suzaku: Are there actually any hidden interactions not shown in the role PMs or was that note in the minimal bastardry section just to make us paranoid?

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1314
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Stellaris Mafia (Lights Out) - Endgame - Apocalypse

Postby freezeblade » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:03 pm UTC

Great game everyone. I apologize profusely for being absent beginning on the 9th without notice, I meant to make a post asking to be replaced or be lynched for lurking, as I was going to be away on my honeymoon for two weeks, which I just arrived back yesterday from. This plan fell though when work all of a sudden had a bunch of 911s to attend to, then I had to get on my flight.

I really did try to get online, but the Air BnB that we stayed at was actually lacking in wifi (unlike how it was advertised), and roaming data charges weren't worth it.

I knew that my days were numbered, and I'm surprised I wasn't lynched first thing on D3!

The reason that plytho got blocked was that I used my second power (jail keeper) on them N2.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomFrog, flicky1991, Sabrar and 10 guests