- 1) You may only post in the game if you are a living player and it is the Day phase. No "bah go town/scum" posts.
- To vote for a player, please use this format: ##player
- To unvote, please use this format: ##unvote
- Votes without the double pound sign will not be counted.
- An execution will only occur if a player receives majority vote.
- Day 1 will last exactly 96 hours (4 days).
- Each subsequent Day phase, with the exception of lylo, will last exactly 72 hours (3 days).
- There will be no deadline during lylo.
- Each Night phase will last exact 12 hours.
- Players may continue to post until a Mod declares the end of the phase, even if an execution has occured.
- Votes and Actions submitted after the Day/Night deadline will not be counted. However, players may PM the Mod(s) activation conditions for abilities as far in advance as they would like.
- No deadline extensions will be granted. However, in the event of Holidays or other special circumstances, players may vote to place the game on pause.
- There is no minimum post requirement or maximum post restriction. Players will not be replaced or mod killed due to inactivity. Public requests to replace a player will be ignored. Players may privately request to replace themselves and the Mod(s) will do everything in their power to oblige.
2) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. xkcd addendum: You may post spoilers in Gojoe, but even if you have died, please do not read spoilers until receiving Mod approval.
3) You may not edit your posts.
4) You may not directly quote or screenshot private communications with the Mod(s) or other players. You may not reveal private meta-data (e.g. time you sent or received private messages).
5) You may not communicate via code.
In the event of a conflict between these rules and game-specific rules or player abilities, the game-specific rules/abilities take precedence.
Voting | Execution
Activity | Deadline
Other Notes (Applies to all Zen games):
- A player's alignment cannot be determined by their flavor/character. This will either be due to scum having safe claims, or the randomization of which characters will be scum/town before the setup is created.
- A player's alignment cannot be determined by their role; the usefulness of it, the uselessness of it, or its harmony to other roles. E.g: A game could potentially contain a Town Cop and a Mafia Deputy who inherits the Cop role when the Cop dies.
- You will be informed if there is a Jester. You will not be informed if there is a Cultist. However, any time there is a change in alignment, it will be announced publicly that an alignment change has occurred.
- All roles are assigned randomly.
Redirecting (e.g Redirector, Bus Driver)
Blocking* (e.g Roleblocker)
Role Altering (e.g Framer, Vote Blocker, Copy Cat)
Misc. (e.g Messager)
Protecting (e.g Doctor)
Killing (e.g Vig, Faction Kill)
Investigating (e.g Cop)
Alignment Changing** (e.g Cultist)
Abilities of the same type are processed simultaneously. If a player targets another of the same type, their action will take precedence. For example, if Roleblocker A targets Roleblocker B, and Roleblocker B targets Cop: Roleblocker B will fail and the Cop will succeed.
*If a RB targets a Redirector, the RB takes precedence and the redirection will cancel. However, if RB targets a non-Redirector, the redirection takes presedence.
**If a player's alignment changes, it is not considered changed until the start of the next phase. If a person is recruited in the same night they are investigated, the will turn up inno.