Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Mon May 07, 2018 3:16 pm UTC

I have nothing I feel like claiming from last night.

Some brief reads, written on N1. I don’t like putting too much work into a game over the night phases so that I won’t be too disappointed if I die.

freezeblade
I have like nothing interesting.

jimbobmacdoodle
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'd be VERY surprised if scum don't have the town win condition. I actually explicitly asked about it, and even suggested that they should be given it for balance reasons, which I can explain in more detail later.
I think it was clear wam didn’t have the town win condition, his flip may tell me more about jimbob. Is jimbob trying to steer discussion away from the role pm because he is scum?

Re this post, from jimbob’s read of me (under spoiler):
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Wants to know SDK's opinion on pro-town indie.
Interesting he noted this and not my “proper mafia” question.

From jimbob’s read of Mark in the same post:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: An indie without access to the town win condition is certainly also plausible, due to his comments surrounding the revealing of the win condition.
Interesting how jimbob speculates that there is an independent faction without access to the town wincon, while still stubbornly sure that the mafia team does have the town wincon.
[Is this OMGjimbobSucks because I’m indignant that perhaps town!jimbob beat me at setup spec? :P ]

From wam read here:
wam wrote:I'm not seeing what people find suspicious about wam. It's clear to me from his setup spec that he knows the town win-condition, and there are hints in what he said before that on the same lines.
Interesting, since some of us suspected that he did not know the town win condition for the first couple pages of the game.

LaserGuy
Many of his thoughts in this game align with mine.

Liri
Liri wrote: Regarding plytho's yet-to-be-shared post, they (he?) called something the "elephant in the room" but no one except jimbob has remarked upon it (I may have missed an oblique reference). jimbob called it "a list of what has been spilled about the setup/by Town."

[Pause to write angry letter to toothpaste company for changing their design]

Is what plytho's referring to something slipped by Town? plytho's statement reads as very un-Town, to me.
Really hard to tell if this is scum without access to the town wincon, or newbie that doesn’t understand his role pm. I want to give him some breathing space because well I have misread and/or misunderstood my role pm so many times in the past (Dr Who, Once Upon a Mafia, WoT2, etc).

Mark_Cangila
Mark_Cangila wrote:On the Sabrar point, they don't absolve him because he doesn't answer the question. He didn't update or answer what he did wrong. I also agree it seems odd. He should at least bluff something. It does look like he's trying to get lynched.

Is this a scum mindset, knows Sabrar is non-town and would need to bluff? Also sheeping freezeblade’s immediately preceding post, which accuses Sabrar of trying to get votes. This is inconclusive though because he is a newer player (I don’t think that a more inexperienced player, or someone more familiar with Sabrar, would think this).

Maven89
Too aggressive with his questioning on the first two pages not to have access to the town win condition, or he’s just amazingly perceptive (or maybe both). So likely not aligned with Mercora, wam’s flip might tell me more. His eagerness to quick lynch makes me think he’s not in Illaman, or if he is, he knows his teammates. Gut feeling, Maven is proactive, not afraid of driving content, putting stuff out there. Would expect scum to be more reactive, especially as he is newer to this forum so doesn’t need to worry about us meta reading him.

Maven89 wrote:SDK, however, made me re-read my role PM and double check. It's possible he's just blowing smoke up our assess, but it's also possible we shouldn't kill him. I really, really want to know what happens if he finds another of his species
I think this is a sensible observation from a townie point of view. I don’t believe that Mercora/Illaman/indies have no other powers than a same race cop. I think it sensible to believe they might get something if they find each other (chat? kill? extra vote?), and they might not even know it (but not being novices, Sabrar and SDK should suspect it). And I don’t think Maven would ask this if he were Mercora/Illaman.

Maven89 wrote: So, I'd really prefer it is Sabrar cops me tonight. he doesn't know who I am, there's some suspicion that I might be a Mercora, so Sabrar would have to gamble. We'll probably have SDK's results, unless he dies, either to frame Sabrar or save him.
Could be Mercora wanting to revel himself to Sabrar, but I think he is telling the truth, could also be wants to ensure Sabrar does not find a third Mercora, or doesn’t trust Sabrar and wants to make sure we dictate Sabrar’s night action.

mpolo
mpolo wrote: @bessie: No way to prove it, but I seriously saw two faction names in SDKs claim and assumed that they were the same two faction names I had. I did not imagine 3 alien factions as even a possibility in so small a game.
I find this believable. I didn’t remember the names of the two factions when SDK named them; I had to check my role pm. Moving mpolo to town from something else in this same post.

plytho
Probably town.

Sabrar
Sabrar wrote: We definitely won't gain any new abilities or chat if we Cop each-other, that can be confirmed by mod if you really want it.
Perhaps this is true. I’m sure that if you would have asked the mod about this. But what makes you think he would confirm it to us?

Sabrar wrote:Yes, I still think Maven is scum (Garatron to be precise). He focuses on the wrong things and his logic is bad.
So is mine, at times. Not in itself a scum tell.
Note: try to find an example of town!Sabrar with bad logic. :P

SDK
Reconsidered what I said in this post. I suspected SDK was making errors because he wasn’t interested in sorting because he was mafia (don’t care, kill them all). Now I think it does make more sense as indie (don’t care, can win with either).

Vicarin
Thinking about him still.

wam
Ok, hammer. Nice. What were you afraid of wam? Is someone on the right track? Who are you trying to protect? I think the mafia faction has to be at least 3, to be large enough not to suspect the presense of two other non-town actions. Feeling is wam didn’t know about the other two factions, so if he’s Garatron there’s probably 3.

Ninja'd by lots. Reading D2 content now, I am going to work soon.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon May 07, 2018 3:18 pm UTC

I'm gonna try to make a partial read now. However, I am totally lost. I don't know how you guys get reads so easily. The most important thing in my opinion is finding Illaman. We have to win with them and Mercora, so we need to know them before we can really plan.

SDK: Mercora
Sabrar: Confirmed Mercora
Vicarin: Townie

This is all I am sure about. I have zero idea about anyone else. I just don't get it. What makes someone scumie or townie. I don't understand.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm UTC

My biggest issue is this: what happens if we lynch the last Garatron and none of the other factions are eliminated? Humans need to side with one of the Survivor groups and as we are already revealed it is easy for them to lynch us without hunting for Illaman.
So right now I don't feel too inclined to find Garatron. Anyone see any alternatives?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Mon May 07, 2018 3:21 pm UTC

I'm very confused by the mpolo hit.

Sabrar, what was your town tell on him? Anything garatron could have picked up? (ninja, bessie noted a town ping from mpolo as well)
Maybe they were trying to hit a townie that wouldn't get protected?

It doesn't really make sense at all for garatron to try to hit an alien.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Mon May 07, 2018 3:33 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:mpolo being the NK target is incredibly interesting given how much he looked like an alien near the end of D1. Have to think about why scum would want him dead.
FOS Vicarin.

plytho wrote: Sabrar, what was your town tell on him? Anything garatron could have picked up? (ninja, bessie noted a town ping from mpolo as well)
Maybe they were trying to hit a townie that wouldn't get protected?
Why don’t you reread mpolo’s content yourself. Or did you?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 07, 2018 3:36 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote: We definitely won't gain any new abilities or chat if we Cop each-other, that can be confirmed by mod if you really want it.
Perhaps this is true. I’m sure that if you would have asked the mod about this. But what makes you think he would confirm it to us?
I think a mod should be consistent, answering a public question the same way he did it before privately.

Does the minimal bastardry include the possibility of players/factions gaining a new ability if some condition is met without this being in their original role-pm?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 pm UTC

plytho wrote: Sabrar, what was your town tell on him? Anything garatron could have picked up? (ninja, bessie noted a town ping from mpolo as well)
Maybe they were trying to hit a townie that wouldn't get protected?
Why don’t you reread mpolo’s content yourself. Or did you?[/quote] I read it yesterday and got some very strong Mercora pings off it. I looked up the post you referred to (after I posted) and I think I see what you mean, though it didn't convince me before.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote: Sabrar, what was your town tell on him? Anything garatron could have picked up? (ninja, bessie noted a town ping from mpolo as well)
Maybe they were trying to hit a townie that wouldn't get protected?
Why don’t you reread mpolo’s content yourself. Or did you?
I read it yesterday and got some very strong Mercora pings off it. I looked up the post you referred to (after I posted) and I think I see what you mean, though it didn't convince me before.

fixed
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon May 07, 2018 3:49 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Does the minimal bastardry include the possibility of players/factions gaining a new ability if some condition is met without this being in their original role-pm?

No faction will gain a new faction ability that is not stated in their role pm
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 07, 2018 3:54 pm UTC

SDK wrote:So... now we get entire role PM's? heury, you should make sure you stick to your answers.
I asked heury what would be revealed from my role-pm if I get lynched and his answer was consistent with what's happened.

SDK wrote:Hey Sabrar, I'm curious. Do you think I did the right thing yesterday with my gamble and reveal?
I don't know what your gambit was supposed to achieve. In hindsight it was obviously ill-advised as you got outed immediately as alien. The reveal afterwards was totally necessary. OTOH if you don't claim I probably never go back to re-read my role-pm and get lynched. :D So yeah, happy that you did it but please share your reason for it.

bessie wrote:Note: try to find an example of town!Sabrar with bad logic. :P
Good luck with that. :D But don't you think you could utilise your valuable time more efficiently? :wink:

plytho wrote:Sabrar, what was your town tell on him?
Mainly this. Historically when someone says that they can prove themselves on a following day then that person is way more likely town than not. Of course I'm not jimbob so I didn't jump at the Neighbor thing but I would wager a sizeable amount of money that he immediately suspected this (or maybe Innocent Child) and that's why mpolo was killed. jimbob is so obviously Garatron.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Mon May 07, 2018 4:06 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I read it yesterday and got some very strong Mercora pings off it. I looked up the post you referred to (after I posted) and I think I see what you mean, though it didn't convince me before.
plytho, let’s not discuss it further until we hear from jimbob. Prepost edit: Same to Sabrar and SDK.

jimbobmacdoodle, what is your reaction to mpolo’s death?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 pm UTC

A few quick things from me...

Vote: Mark

I received a mod-message at the start of N1 that was kind of interesting. At first I thought it may have been related to a successful scum lynch, but given that nobody else seems to have hinted about this, I'm inclined to believe it was probably some townie power. I feel that this was definitely a Town-motivated action.

I also received word at start of day that I was redirected, and to whom. I'm not sure if I want to reveal who I ended up targeting or not... Probably I will, I just need to think through the implications of doing so a bit more. Target selection leads me to believe this was a scum action.

mpolo kill is very interesting. I have some thoughts on this that I may share in a bit.

It seems apparent to me that wam did not have Town wincon, and thus, presumably none of the scum players do.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Mon May 07, 2018 4:22 pm UTC

I think setup is between 5-3-3-2 and 6-2-2-3

We have the very likely Mercora: SDK, Sabrar
The likely townies: Vicarin, LaserGuy, maven

That leaves about 5 suspcects for 1 Garatron/3 Illaman/1 mercora or 2 garatron/2 Illaman

the nulls: freezeblade, Mark

the ones that pinged me: Liri, bessie, jimbob

So 5/5 nonhumans or 4/5, if my town reads are good enough. So, my goals for toDay: order those 5 from most likely to be garatron to least likely, check my confidence in my town reads, check for possible SDbrar shenanigans.

I really want to see reads lists from liri and freezeblade.

Mark_Cangila wrote:This is all I am sure about. I have zero idea about anyone else. I just don't get it. What makes someone scumie or townie. I don't understand.
A big difference between town and scum is that scum know who their teammates are. They'll be reluctant to vote for them and will try to get townies lyched. So you can find them by looking at how they voted and how they interacted with their scumbuddies. And you can also look at people trying to lynch townies with weak reasoning. In this case you can look at who might have tried to save wam and who might have tried to get mpolo lynched.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 07, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:It seems apparent to me that wam did not have Town wincon, and thus, presumably none of the scum players do.
Don't be 100% sure of that. I have a fake-claim (just a name) that will not be revealed if I die. Possibly scum knowing the human win-con might have been also left out from the reveal.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:It seems apparent to me that wam did not have Town wincon, and thus, presumably none of the scum players do.
Don't be 100% sure of that. I have a fake-claim (just a name) that will not be revealed if I die. Possibly scum knowing the human win-con might have been also left out from the reveal.


I don't think that he didn't have it because of his role PM. Reading his content through the night, it just doesn't feel consistent with his behaviour at all. There's a lot of places that I can point to that suggest this, but this comment in particular stands out to me. wam is a good enough scum player that I don't think he would have been so easily tripped up if he had it (likewise, I don't think you or SDK would have been outed D1 if you had the Town wincon available to you).

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 07, 2018 5:11 pm UTC

I've only briefly looked at the D2 content so far, as I've just finished the long convention that has taken up 100% of my time since Friday evening, and displaced the game from my memory somewhat. I see one or two people are suspicious of me, for having a different opinion on wam early on, I think? I can't defend that at this point, but may at some point in the coming few days review his early content to see if I can point out what it is that made me think he has the human win-con.

IIRC, I pointed out towards the day end that there were still one or two pieces unrevealed in the town role PM. Can't remember the timing now, but I think it was the name of the other faction (Illara), and the fact that the win-con had to be shared. That's why I challenged wam with his claim that he could win with town (I also knew he wasn't human because I'd asked the question about all Humans being in my faction pregame). Also, that claim makes it seem clear that he didn't have the town win-con, since I'd expect wam to not make that sort of mistake.

On mpolo, I can't say anything unique about why he might have been killed. I think the likeliest situation is that scum wanted to kill a townie before they could confirm themselves. That might suggest that scum doesn't have access to a roleblocker either.

Not doing this to get townie points, but my name is Melissa Chapman (I assume that all aliens have game claims, not just Mercora). I'm revealing this due to my ability, and should have done it yesterday, but didn't think about it until night fell. I hope nobody else has a rolename related ability that makes this really stupid.

A full kill scum faction suggests a smaller faction than the survivors, I think, as otherwise the survivor teams have a significantly harder time (don't know team-mates, and no kill). 5-2-3-3 seems likely: 4 member survivor teams seem a little overpowered for them, and I don't see a lone indie fitting with the shared win-con style here. This all assumes a symmetrical Illaman team, which seems likelier, but isn't guaranteed.

There are all sorts of things I feel like I wanted to comment on, but I am exhausted, so am not going to reread now (I'm pretty sure I've missed one or two questions).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby SDK » Mon May 07, 2018 5:17 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:So... now we get entire role PM's? heury, you should make sure you stick to your answers.
I asked heury what would be revealed from my role-pm if I get lynched and his answer was consistent with what's happened.

Maybe I'm misreading this from page 1?
heuristically_alone wrote:The role and alignment of any dead player will be revealed at the start of the following day phase
Figured that meant "mpolo was a Human Friendly Neighbour" and nothing else.



SDK wrote:Hey Sabrar, I'm curious. Do you think I did the right thing yesterday with my gamble and reveal?
I don't know what your gambit was supposed to achieve. In hindsight it was obviously ill-advised as you got outed immediately as alien. The reveal afterwards was totally necessary. OTOH if you don't claim I probably never go back to re-read my role-pm and get lynched. :D So yeah, happy that you did it but please share your reason for it.[/quote]
It was supposed to achieve proof of my towniness. The way I figured it, I only had three options: 1) ignore accusations that I didn't know the town wincon, 2) try to slime my way through it, or 3) come up with a partial claim that could explain why I'd slipped. Thought option 3 might give the best results, especially given that I could justifiably claim survivor afterwards which might (and did) keep me alive.

I dunno. I'm feeling a bit exposed now, and your point about humans just finishing us off after Garatron is a good one. I can't think of a better option than the one I took (even with the consequences), but figured you might have another idea so I could just kick myself and get it over with.



Mark_Cangila wrote:SDK: Mercora
Sabrar: Confirmed Mercora

Can you explain why Sabrar is more confirmed than I am?

plytho wrote:the nulls: freezeblade, Mark

the ones that pinged me: Liri, bessie, jimbob

Seems reasonable. I think we should lynch bessie, personally, though Liri and jimbob are both good choices as far as I'm concerned.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

plytho wrote:the ones that pinged me: Liri, bessie, jimbob


Can you explain your read on bessie? Also curious why you are null on Mark.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 5:31 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:On mpolo, I can't say anything unique about why he might have been killed. I think the likeliest situation is that scum wanted to kill a townie before they could confirm themselves. That might suggest that scum doesn't have access to a roleblocker either.


Which players do you feel would likely have picked up on mpolo's crumb? Which of those players do you like might be mafia?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 07, 2018 6:02 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:On mpolo, I can't say anything unique about why he might have been killed. I think the likeliest situation is that scum wanted to kill a townie before they could confirm themselves. That might suggest that scum doesn't have access to a roleblocker either.


Which players do you feel would likely have picked up on mpolo's crumb? Which of those players do you like might be mafia?
I think the "crumb" was more like an outright statement of fact, and I certainly think any of the experienced players would see it that way, so only Liri and Mark escape suspicion from that angle, but even they may have seen the statement as a threat. I think it would have been more likely however that they'd have gone for a unanimous town-viewed player (I think LaserGuy might fall into that category, but can't really remember if there was anybody else). On who is scum, I will be reviewing the players later, hopefully today, and will post full thoughts then. SDK and Sabrar are likely Mercora (very slim chance that they're both very clever Garatron, but it seems very unlikely for all sorts of reasons). LaserGuy, I remember being confident as town. Implication of only one Garatron remaining as noted earlier, and my above thoughts on likelihood of Liri and Mark's targets suggests not them too (Liri would be a good candidate for one of the other aliens, however, unsure on Mark currently). I don't remember enough about anybody else to give a summary currently.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Mon May 07, 2018 6:37 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plytho wrote:the ones that pinged me: Liri, bessie, jimbob


Can you explain your read on bessie? Also curious why you are null on Mark.

I said ping, not read. (because after wam, mpolo, Sabrar and SDK there aren't a lot of my somewhat confident reads left) And the ping was her answering a question from Sabrar addressed to me. Which I don't really associate with town-bessie. It kind of felt like she was focused on proving herself townie rather than finding scum.

Mark has a newbie town feel but there's just not enough there yet to make a conclusion.

Are you voting him for that 'slip' D2 (which I kind of chalk up to another newbie mistake) or because of your night results? (or D1 content I guess)
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 6:45 pm UTC

D1 content, though the slip does reinforce some of my earlier feelings about him. I would be very surprised if either Mark or Liri is Town, actually.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 6:58 pm UTC

Also, I don't believe either bessie or jimbob is remotely likely to be Garatron.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 pm UTC

Mmm... actually, I think this fits better with my prospective alien teams.

Vote: Liri

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon May 07, 2018 7:35 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:D1 content, though the slip does reinforce some of my earlier feelings about him. I would be very surprised if either Mark or Liri is Town, actually.

What specific D1 content are you referring to? Also, by slip do you mean me not unvoting Sabrar.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 8:14 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:D1 content, though the slip does reinforce some of my earlier feelings about him. I would be very surprised if either Mark or Liri is Town, actually.

What specific D1 content are you referring to? Also, by slip do you mean me not unvoting Sabrar.


This is the slip:
I'm gonna try to make a partial read now. However, I am totally lost. I don't know how you guys get reads so easily. The most important thing in my opinion is finding Illaman. We have to win with them and Mercora, so we need to know them before we can really plan.


This is not how Town actually wins; however, I actually think this is a genuine error on your part and does not, in and of itself, imply that you are mafia. If anything, this is a slip that you are Mercora. I haven't decided if this means you can't be Illaman.

The content I think is most suspect is primarily your setup spec posts here and here, which I think are very likely to be fabrications. For most of your posting, including the slip above, you don't seem to be particularly well aware of what is going on with respect to the setup spec discussion (which is 100% fair since this was not at all a newbie-friendly discussion and I feel bad for both you and Liri that this ended up dominating much of the play in D1), so I think it is quite implausible that you would spec this so confidently and, likely, accurately.

I have similar feelings about Liri's post here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 07, 2018 8:24 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:If anything, this is a slip that you are Mercora.
???

I can follow your thoughts anywhere else but I don't know how you could come to that conclusion.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm UTC

You guys have probably the greatest vested interest in identifying Illaman, if not necessarily outing them as such.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 07, 2018 8:56 pm UTC

So you think he was careful to try to sound human in his next sentence but didn't care at all in the quoted one?

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
I'm gonna try to make a partial read now. However, I am totally lost. I don't know how you guys get reads so easily. The most important thing in my opinion is finding Illaman. We have to win with them and Mercora, so we need to know them before we can really plan.


This is not how Town actually wins; however, I actually think this is a genuine error on your part and does not, in and of itself, imply that you are mafia. If anything, this is a slip that you are Mercora. I haven't decided if this means you can't be Illaman.

I'm just really stupid there. I meant to say or. Sorry!

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon May 07, 2018 9:47 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I'm gonna try to make a partial read now. However, I am totally lost. I don't know how you guys get reads so easily. The most important thing in my opinion is finding Illaman. We have to win with them and Mercora, so we need to know them before we can really plan.

SDK: Mercora
Sabrar: Confirmed Mercora
Vicarin: Townie

This is all I am sure about. I have zero idea about anyone else. I just don't get it. What makes someone scumie or townie. I don't understand.

EBWOP Illaman or Mercora

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 10:16 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:So you think he was careful to try to sound human in his next sentence but didn't care at all in the quoted one?


I don't think he was being careful to try to sound human. Or, if he was, I don't think he succeeded.

Mark_Cangila wrote:I'm just really stupid there. I meant to say or. Sorry!


If you meant "or", then why does it matter that we find Illaman?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 07, 2018 10:16 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
Sabrar wrote:So you think he was careful to try to sound human in his next sentence but didn't care at all in the quoted one?


I don't think he was being careful to try to sound human. Or, if he was, I don't think he succeeded.

Mark_Cangila wrote:I'm just really stupid there. I meant to say or. Sorry!


If you meant "or", then why does it matter that we find Illaman?


More specifically, why do you feel that is the most important thing to do right now?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby plytho » Mon May 07, 2018 10:24 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I have similar feelings about Liri's post here.

The setup spec isn't even the most suspicious part of that post, it's that last line.

@Liri: I still have an open question about it, could you answer please?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Mon May 07, 2018 11:28 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I received a mod-message at the start of N1 that was kind of interesting. At first I thought it may have been related to a successful scum lynch, but given that nobody else seems to have hinted about this, I'm inclined to believe it was probably some townie power. I feel that this was definitely a Town-motivated action.

I also received word at start of day that I was redirected, and to whom. I'm not sure if I want to reveal who I ended up targeting or not... Probably I will, I just need to think through the implications of doing so a bit more. Target selection leads me to believe this was a scum action.


This is interesting, to say the least. Someone else gave you a power? It's town motivated? What about the target selection makes you think it was a scum redirect? Also, mind sharing your original target, if that's not too much information to leak?

@mark: Finding Illaman and Mercora is very low priority for town as if all Garatron (+Indies?) die then town's basically got it in the bag anyway. That said, finding them is helpful as it gives Garatron less places to hide.

That said, I'm still baffled that we haven't seen an Illaman claim yet. Starting to look better and better to just go for a Human-Mercora win if Illaman wants to be all uncooperative...

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@mark: Finding Illaman and Mercora is very low priority for town as if all Garatron (+Indies?) die then town's basically got it in the bag anyway. That said, finding them is helpful as it gives Garatron less places to hide.

LaserGuy wrote:If you meant "or", then why does it matter that we find Illaman?

The biggest reason is that we have to win with Mercora or Illaman, and we can't win without, if I read it correctly. Therefore, it is good to know who is Illaman so we can plan around who to win with.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 12:56 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:The biggest reason is that we have to win with Mercora or Illaman, and we can't win without, if I read it correctly. Therefore, it is good to know who is Illaman so we can plan around who to win with.


It is true that we can't win without one or the other, but seeing as we definitely know Garatron can't win without at least one of them either, it seems incredibly unlikely that they'll all manage to die before the game is over. I frankly don't care that much about who I win with (though Illaman are looking less and less helpful), seeing as it's far more important to get into a winning situation first. No point sorting out Illaman and Mercora only to have Garatron polish off town while we're distracted.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 1:08 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:
Vicarin wrote:
freezeblade wrote:
Vicarin wrote:@freezeblade: you claiming to be an alien but refusing to name faction then?


More specifically, I'm claiming to not wanting to reveal my faction, alien or otherwise. However, I know there to be 3 alien factions, along with at least one human one (I only am aware of one).


Were all 3 alien factions named?


No, however one which has not yet been mentioned is named: Illaman.


Seeing how the Garatron wincon was structured, I can't help but think that freezeblade looks pretty bad here. He's also been remarkably quiet for most of the game. I'd definitely like his thoughts on the end of D1 at least...

Well, as good a place as any to start right now:

Vote: freezeblade

@LaserGuy, bessie, plytho, Mercora: any of you want to admit to be the one to screw around with the wam votes D1?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4552
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 08, 2018 1:40 am UTC

@Vic, we should not be claiming any powers unless absolutely necessary until redirector is dead.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby Vicarin » Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 am UTC

You think a redirector would work on a vote power that is used during the day?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests