Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bessie

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Two)

Postby bessie » Fri May 11, 2018 3:45 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:bessie always says such nice things about me... :lol:
I would think you would have taken that last post as about the best complement I could give you. :lol: Re this post, I think that letting you choose whether or not to publish the key is probably more than some other mods would allow. And, why not try it? If Mark targets you he can’t target SDK. :P

Madge wrote:what are you bessie?
I’m a passive aggressive, arrogant, dominant, overconfident, aggressive jerk. See here.

If you are enquiring about my role in this game, well, that is what Vicarin is desperately trying to establish.

(And the animorphs books look interesting, I probably would have enjoyed them a lot when I was younger. Would consider reading if you want to recommend the most important ones.)

LaserGuy, I’m probably thinking too hard about how the survivors fit in with this setup. And of other things.
Win Condition: You win when at least one Human is alive, and only one of either Illaman or Mercora has at least one living member. All others must be dead.
Win Condition: You win when at least one Garatron is alive, and only one of either Mercora or Illaman has at least one living member. All others must be dead.
Like, who wins if both Illaman and Mercora are dead?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: What do you think about Vicarin and his ultimatum.

Spoiler:
cynical bessie.jpg
cynical bessie.jpg (70.91 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

Vicarin wrote:The slight problem is that I need you to play town BEFORE Illaman all dies out or you're just gonna stab us in the back once it happens :P

You're definitely first on the chopping block if Illaman dies just because of your double vote honestly. But I really, really hope it won't come to that.
Sorry I only had time to find one picture of my dog looking cynical.

Vicarin wrote:@SDK: your motivation is to work with town before all of Illaman dies out? As soon as they do, you're the most dangerous known member of a survivor + scum team. I'm only promising death if Illaman dies out before Garatron, so maybe you should focus on Garatron first, eh?
So what exactly are you asking of SDK? You expect SDK to help us wipe out Garatron first, but if we fail and Illaman dies first through no fault of his, we’re going to what, lynch him for it?

Madge wrote:Will we be informed when a team is eliminated

heuristically_alone wrote:
plytho wrote:Will we be informed if a faction has been eliminated?

Yes

Vicarin wrote:Just trying to strongarm people into cooperating with town right now.
So, what are you Vicarin?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 4:02 am UTC

Town loses if both indie factions die. Dunno if that means mafia wins or nobody. I confirmed with mod already.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 4:07 am UTC

No-one would win, seeing as wam's wincon is in the start of day stuff. So if Illaman dies, I'll try to lynch SDK, but then no-one will have any incentive to kill Sabrar anyway, so it doesn't really matter for SDK. He'll still win, I don't see the issue for him in such a position.

And I'm still town, what the hell else would I be?

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 11, 2018 4:14 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Town loses if both indie factions die. Dunno if that means mafia wins or nobody. I confirmed with mod already.
Reread wam's wincon, which I conveniently posted for you. Garatron can't win if Illaman and Mercora are dead. Or do you think there is another mafia faction?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:No-one would win, seeing as wam's wincon is in the start of day stuff. So if Illaman dies, I'll try to lynch SDK, but then no-one will have any incentive to kill Sabrar anyway, so it doesn't really matter for SDK. He'll still win, I don't see the issue for him in such a position.

What's the point of pushing indie lynches at all? I don't get this at all. It's completely pointless unless you're indie yourself. Indie lynches are as bad as mislynches from town point of view.

And I'm still town, what the hell else would I be?

Honestly, I'm starting to think you're mafia.

@bessie, yes I'm guessing nobody wins in that scenario.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 11, 2018 4:21 am UTC

What do you think about 6/2/2/2/1?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 am UTC

Hmm... Yes, could be.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 am UTC

Sigh :roll:

I only want to lynch SDK if Illaman dies out, as that buys us half a day/night cycle.

I don't want to lynch Sabrar under almost any circumstances.

I only want to lynch Mark because this other Illaman is being ludicrously stubborn, and we need to flush them out to stop Garatron from just claiming Illaman under pressure.

Which of these is misguided?

Ninja'd that's possible but ludicrously complicated and swingy. Also no idea what the indie wincon would be or how they'd try to blend into the D1 discussion.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Also no idea what the indie wincon would be
Serial killer variant (single shot) that wins when both Illaman and Mercora are dead. Get rid of both Illaman, then SDK, then you can use your shot on Sabrar and win.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 am UTC

And you think I'd be given the town wincon for funsies when wam clearly didn't have it?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 11, 2018 5:00 am UTC

Yes, SK has it a LOT harder.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 5:12 am UTC

Possibly? I'm not sure why an alien would win in such a fashion, but I guess it's technically possible if I'm an alien that knows the Human wincon for some absurd reason.

I'd also suggest that because I have no interest in killing any of the Mercora and Illaman if we have two out in the open for each that this amazing SK plan you have pinned on me kind of immediately falls through if a 2nd Illaman does claim, because then I'd be full on the freezeblade lynch.

Honestly the most likely candidate for Illaman looks like bessie, but maybe that's just because she's reacting the most out of the unknowns. Sure you don't want to claim Illaman bessie? :P

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:32 am UTC

@bessie, where are you on Liri/freezeblade?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Sigh :roll:

I only want to lynch SDK if Illaman dies out, as that buys us half a day/night cycle.

We could get the same value by just not lynching claimed Illaman like you are suggesting.

I'd also suggest that because I have no interest in killing any of the Mercora and Illaman if we have two out in the open for each that this amazing SK plan you have pinned on me kind of immediately falls through if a 2nd Illaman does claim, because then I'd be full on the freezeblade lynch.

So getting Illaman to claim is more important to you than lynching Garatron. Why?

I only want to lynch Mark because this other Illaman is being ludicrously stubborn, and we need to flush them out to stop Garatron from just claiming Illaman under pressure.

No, we don't need to flush out any remaining Illaman. If someone claims Illaman under pressure, we can always just lynch them, same as we would if they claimed Town. Or wait a cycle for Mark to verify their claim if we're feeling generous. We're much more likely to catch scum that way rather than lynch the guy who is >90% going to flip exactly what he said he would, and who has a power that might actually be pretty useful to us. Haven't you noticed that nobody else in the game (except maybe the Mercora guys) are even remotely bothered by the non-claim? Whereas you seem... extremely agitated by it, and have been for some time. For a variety of reasons, I don't think it's worthwhile to lynch you or anything, but if you're Town, you're definitely focusing on the wrong things right now.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 am UTC

I've been agitated by the non-claim because I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going through the other Illaman's head in terms of risk/reward for not claiming, and coming up blank. Say we do just lynch Illaman if they claim while under pressure. Why the hell isn't the Illaman who's hiding wanting to claim to avoid such an eventuality? If they've got any sense of self-preservation and want to win, they are either doing something really, really weird, or know something very important about the setup that we don't.

I guess that if everyone is 100% fully committed to not respect an Illaman claim if someone tries to pull it off when we're moving towards lynching someone, I can settle for that instead and I don't need to hold Mark's feet to the fire in order to force the claim. But yeah, I'm mostly trying to avoid some stupid LYLO or MYLO disaster due to not having time to have Mark Illaman cop any claim.

If Illaman does claim, then it's basically a free narrowing down of our lynch possibilities (especially if we're going to lynch their claims from now on), and that seems worth trying to put pressure on Illaman to do so.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 11, 2018 6:29 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Yes, SK has it a LOT harder.
SK is a difficult role to win with, especially if you need to be the last person standing. I’ve shared a win as SK before, but I only needed three kills. There is someone in this very game that has had a rather spectacular last-man-standing-SK win (in a 16 player game!) a few years ago... :P

Vicarin wrote: Possibly? I'm not sure why an alien would win in such a fashion, but I guess it's technically possible if I'm an alien that knows the Human wincon for some absurd reason.
There was enough out there halfway through D1 that possibly you didn’t need it. It depends on what is in your role pm, and how your win con is worded.
Vicarin's role pm wrote: You are Visser One, and independently aligned Yeerk.

Role: You are a Single-Shot Serial Killer. Once in the game you may target another and kill another player. That player will be killed.

Win Condition: You win when all members of both Mercora and Illaman are dead. Any number of Humans and/or Garatron may be alive for you to win.

Vicarin wrote:I'd also suggest that because I have no interest in killing any of the Mercora and Illaman if we have two out in the open for each that this amazing SK plan you have pinned on me kind of immediately falls through if a 2nd Illaman does claim, because then I'd be full on the freezeblade lynch.
So tell me Vicarin, what exactly is your reason for your Garatron read of freezeblade? Is it this?
Vicarin wrote:Finding freezeblade pretty scummy because of the relatively low activity, and when there is some, it's usually just restating what others said (we should kill Garatron? No way!). In addition, claiming to have 3 alien factions named in his PM is majorly weird for town. I believe that the entire point of this setup was that no Human would know that Garatron existed directly at the start, so to claim to have 3 aliens named and then not be sure if there's more than 1 human faction is super duper weird.
I missed this the above quote the first time I read it, and have been pondering it today (was also interested in seeing if freezeblade was going to rely to it himself). Vicarin is referring to this post.
freezeblade wrote:I can say, from my PM, that there are indeed 3 alien factions. I have reason to not revel which faction I belong to, as I believe there may be some major mechanics in place discouraging this type of behavior, likely in the form of player powers as opposed to mod-based mechanics.
I initially read freezeblade’s post the same way as Vicarin, and wrote out an FoS on freezeblade for it, which I later reconsidered and had to rewrite here.
bessie wrote:
freezeblade wrote:I can say, from my PM, that there are indeed 3 alien factions.
Ok I was going to FoS freezeblade over this, because I first read this as “there are three alien factions mentioned in my pm” typing this up I see that he is only claiming that because of info in his pm he knows there are three factions, hey maybe I’m sobering up. :P
And what made me change my mind? This.
Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy: While I don't really like the wording freezeblade used that much, I'm pretty sure he's claiming that Illaman and Mercora were mentioned by name, and that a 3rd existed but was not named. Which seems believable to me.

So Vicarin, your complete read of freezeblade with your reasons for believing he is Garatron, please.

Vicarin wrote:Honestly the most likely candidate for Illaman looks like bessie, but maybe that's just because she's reacting the most out of the unknowns. Sure you don't want to claim Illaman bessie? :P
I don’t feel motivated to claim anything. :P

LaserGuy wrote:@bessie, where are you on Liri/freezeblade?
If I have to choose, and I may have to because it looks like this may be the pool, I would probably prefer Liri, but not objecting to freezeblade. I’m trying to do a careful read of both but there’s so little to work with, and I’m trying to take into consideration that Liri is a newbie that may not have thoroughly understood his role and game mechanics (this turned out not to be the most newbie friendly game I have ever played), also much of the early D1 talk was player-meta/previous-game-setup driven, and cryptic on top of that. And with freezeblade, well, his content has been within his usual D1-hating/scummy meta. But having a scummy meta doesn't preclude him from being scum.

Vicarin wrote: I've been agitated by the non-claim because I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going through the other Illaman's head in terms of risk/reward for not claiming, and coming up blank.
Why do you care to the point of obsessing over this?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 7:10 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Yes, SK has it a LOT harder.
SK is a difficult role to win with, especially if you need to be the last person standing. I’ve shared a win as SK before, but I only needed three kills. There is someone in this very game that has had a rather spectacular last-man-standing-SK win (in a 16 player game!) a few years ago... :P

You know, when I read that game, I was kind of astounded as to how SDK didn't get lynched at so many points. It may also be why I'm not willing to trust him at all when he's a damn double voting survivor.
bessie wrote:So Vicarin, your complete read of freezeblade with your reasons for believing he is Garatron, please.

If you're mostly worried about
Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy: While I don't really like the wording freezeblade used that much, I'm pretty sure he's claiming that Illaman and Mercora were mentioned by name, and that a 3rd existed but was not named. Which seems believable to me.

then I can see where you're coming from, because you were going to argue that I was flipping around, right? However, that was before we got wam's flip with the exact wording of the Garatron wincon. That specifically mentions Mercora, Illaman, and Garatron by name, but doesn't mention Humans at all. While it is incredibly likely from the Human wincon that there are at least 3 different kinds of alien, freezeblade is very certain about there being 3 alien faction, while leaving open the option of more than 1 human faction (which is pretty clearly ruled out by the More Facts section in the first post of this thread). Indeed, this precise mistake is what outed wam, because he tried to claim being a Human but with a different wincon to other Humans, which was clearly ruled out.

Beyond those specific statements, most of his contribution D1 was speculating about what Sabrar was doing, and for D2 he's been saying that we should lynch Garatron (duh) that the setup is probably weird (also duh), but does have one reads post today. I think that his going after Liri appears to be going opportunistically after a newer player (honestly can't read Liri myself though). Leaving open the possibility of Mark being Garatron seems incredibly paranoid at best as well.

bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Honestly the most likely candidate for Illaman looks like bessie, but maybe that's just because she's reacting the most out of the unknowns. Sure you don't want to claim Illaman bessie? :P
I don’t feel motivated to claim anything. :P

Boooooooo :P

bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote: I've been agitated by the non-claim because I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going through the other Illaman's head in terms of risk/reward for not claiming, and coming up blank.
Why do you care to the point of obsessing over this?

Because I'm pretty sure that if this gets sorted out then town's got an incredibly high chance of winning, but one of the main ways it can go wrong is if a hidden Illaman player starts heavily screwing around with us? Or if we get torn in half due to an Illaman claim when we're about to lynch someone? If someone tries claiming Illaman when the lynch is moving towards them, are you going to back off or keep going?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 am UTC

@Everyone: If someone claims Illaman when it looks like they're the main lynch candidate for the day, will this affect your decision about whether they're a good person to be lynched?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 am UTC

Sorry, that should have been @Everyone not Mercora because I'm pretty sure what Sabrar and SDK will say :P

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 am UTC

Vicarin, you are reaching the point of active lurking. If the remaining Illaman wanted to reveal themselves, they would have by now.

This is not me claiming Illaman, but if I were one, I would be tempted to remain hidden. There is enough suspicion of me that I am unlikely to be night killed, but I am not all that likely to be lynched. Therefore, there is no real self-preservation reason to claim. Meanwhile, if town happen to lynch the remaining Garatron, they will then move onto lynching one of Illaman or Mercora. I don't know which they will go for, but if I am publicly known, then the game is harder for me. If I remain hidden, it might be likely that town will lynch the two Mercora instead.

There's another flaw in your logic that I don't want to discuss, because it might give a non-town member ideas.

Planning on doing a reads list tonight.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri May 11, 2018 9:57 am UTC

Hmm, things seem to be slowing down a bit.

The main action seems to be Vicarin trying to get Illaman to claim and everyone else telling him that's a bad idea/not going to work.

My top suspect, Liri, has been gone for a while again. He has been promising reads since D1 but hasn't delivered yet. (Nice catch by vicarin on the missing jimbob in Liri's gutsort)

Also promised reads lists that I'm looking forward too: bessie, jimbob.

bessie wrote:Well, first of all, you are assuming that both Sabrar and SDK are being entirely truthful in what they have revealed.
The only thing I'm assuming is that they will only do things that serve their own best interest. Which is why I'm a bit suspicious about the timing of Sabrar's claim. I'm not sure there was enough pressure for him to have to claim at that point, so I'm wondering what he might have gained there.

Madge wrote:Also, in the interest of transparency, I'm not planning on reading the backlog as I feel like I understand what's going on and what's happening now is FUN and reading old speculation is NOT FUN. So forgive me if I get past stuff wrong or miss things that were covered earlier.
Fine by me, but maybe try to mention the assumptions you're working from when you think they may be relevant so we can correct you?

bessie wrote:If you are enquiring about my role in this game, well, that is what Vicarin is desperately trying to establish.
Huh, that almost sounds like an Illaman claim :)

Vicarin wrote:@Everyone: If someone claims Illaman when it looks like they're the main lynch candidate for the day, will this affect your decision about whether they're a good person to be lynched?
That really depends on who's doing the claiming. Right now I feel I'm kind of tunneled in to the Liri-jimbob Garatron team and I don't think an Illaman claim from Liri would get me out of that. I won't support a jimbob lynch today as I want to see both the Liri garatron flip and no mod-announced garatron elimination. If that specific situation happens I'm probably pushing jimbob tomorrow and will be unlikely to believe an Illaman claim unless supported by Mark. Bessie and freezeblade feel like the most likely Illaman candidates for now so I'd be inclined to believe their claim and hold off on the lynching. I guess it wouldn't really affect my decision.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am UTC

plytho wrote:Which is why I'm a bit suspicious about the timing of Sabrar's claim. I'm not sure there was enough pressure for him to have to claim at that point, so I'm wondering what he might have gained there.

Sabrar wrote:Unfortunately due to this I got under a ton of suspicion and I somewhat lost my drive. It is clear to me I won't be able to avoid getting lynched sooner or later and I accept that.

At that time I didn't know about Illaman and was trying to accept the sudden shift from scum to Survivor mindset. Prospects didn't look too good.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 11, 2018 10:44 am UTC

Mark claiming jimbob to be Illaman is kind of incredibly unlikely seeing as he said he was his Illaman cop target N1 when he claimed. Would be kinda funny though.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 11, 2018 11:32 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Mark claiming jimbob to be Illaman is kind of incredibly unlikely seeing as he said he was his Illaman cop target N1 when he claimed. Would be kinda funny though.
Right, I forgot about that :D
Sabrar wrote:At that time I didn't know about Illaman and was trying to accept the sudden shift from scum to Survivor mindset. Prospects didn't look too good.
Hmm, I thought there was enough info by the time you claimed to figure things out, but from your first response after SDK's claim it's clear you hadn't figured it out at that point. Between that first response and your claim there's some talk about 3 aliens, 5 factions which may have made it clear to you, but I guess it's plausible you missed those. Suspicion reduced.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Fri May 11, 2018 12:18 pm UTC

Leaving out jimbob was an honest mistake, but once you pointed it out, I realized it'd've been a clever scum move to throw suspicion on someone. I'm definitely not good enough at this to do that, if I was scum. As it is, I definitely got major Town vibes from jimbob on D1, but that was prior to really grokking what a survivor faction is and how that works.

Heury said that roles were assigned randomly - so SDK's double voting and Mark's redirect weren't intended to balance out, right?
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 11, 2018 12:31 pm UTC

Liri wrote:Leaving out jimbob was an honest mistake, but once you pointed it out, I realized it'd've been a clever scum move to throw suspicion on someone. I'm definitely not good enough at this to do that, if I was scum.
It's also a common scum slip to forget about a buddy in their reads list.
Heury said that roles were assigned randomly - so SDK's double voting and Mark's redirect weren't intended to balance out, right?
I think roles are fixed to alignments but players were randomly distributed. Mpolo's role doesn't really work for nonhumans and wam's role is usually a scum role.

Oh, and I have an ongoing question for you.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 11, 2018 1:54 pm UTC

Pretty sure it's in town's best interest to just get Liri, jimbob, freezeblade and Bessie to full claim right now, in that order. You've got an extremely solid town block at this point, it's basically impossible to lose, and should be relatively easy to sort out the fake-claims. If not today, then tomorrow or the next day. Town's got lots of time before we ask for the draw/town plays kingmaker.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 11, 2018 2:50 pm UTC

Yes, claims would be good but due to weekend (and deadline) coming up might not be feasible to wait out a specific order.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 11, 2018 3:49 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:[...]if town happen to lynch the remaining Garatron,[...].

PING!

We don't know the number of Garatron remaining, if any, this sounds awefully like you've got extra info you forgot that Town do not have.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 11, 2018 4:15 pm UTC

I think I like SDK's plan. (Should I be worried?)

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 11, 2018 4:17 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote: then I can see where you're coming from, because you were going to argue that I was flipping around, right? However, that was before we got wam's flip with the exact wording of the Garatron wincon. That specifically mentions Mercora, Illaman, and Garatron by name, but doesn't mention Humans at all. While it is incredibly likely from the Human wincon that there are at least 3 different kinds of alien, freezeblade is very certain about there being 3 alien faction, while leaving open the option of more than 1 human faction (which is pretty clearly ruled out by the More Facts section in the first post of this thread). Indeed, this precise mistake is what outed wam, because he tried to claim being a Human but with a different wincon to other Humans, which was clearly ruled out.
At the time of freezeblade’s post, Mercora and Garatron had been named in thread. If he has the town win condition, he could be certain at that time there were three alien factions.

Vicarin wrote:@Everyone: If someone claims Illaman when it looks like they're the main lynch candidate for the day, will this affect your decision about whether they're a good person to be lynched?
Purposely not answering your question because hey I’m passive aggressive.

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:If you are enquiring about my role in this game, well, that is what Vicarin is desperately trying to establish.
Huh, that almost sounds like an Illaman claim :)
It’s a passive aggressive poke at Vicarin.

Liri wrote:Heury said that roles were assigned randomly - so SDK's double voting and Mark's redirect weren't intended to balance out, right?
Liri, the way things are usually done is first the mod writes all the roles with appropriate alignments and powers to go with the role, like “town doctor” and “mafia rolecop” (there are exceptions but if the randomness is part of the setup it’s announced, see Misnomer’s Smalltown). Then the mod randomly assigns each player to a role. The random alignment assignments are usually announced in the OP; if it’s not, I ask about it to make sure (the only game I remember where the mod assigned alignments to specific players is MMMII). heury is claiming that each of the roles was assigned a random human name that he got from a book series. Please ask if you have any questions. This is important because if the mod assigns alignments to specific players (like, purposely makes bessie and freezeblade mafia because it would be funny with their metas) then I think everyone would agree that would unarguably be a bastard game, and the mod would be expected to advertise it as such.

Ignoring SDK and Sabrar because, you know, they're NOT TOWN.

Ninja'd by plytho. You're the one that said you were thing of foeing them for the remainder of the game. :P

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Ninja'd by plytho. You're the one that said you were thing of foeing them for the remainder of the game. :P
I know, that's why I'm worried.

heuristically_alone

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day One)

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri May 11, 2018 4:27 pm UTC

OFFICIAL VOTALS

Liri - 3 (Plytho, Freezeblade, LaserGuy)
Mark_Cangila - 2 (Sabrar, SDK)
FreezeBlade - 2 (Vicarin, jimbobmacdoodle)

Not Voting: Madge, Liri, Bessie, Mark_Cangila

Please let me know if I have your vote wrong.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE: 2 Days 21Hours 30 minutes
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 11, 2018 4:45 pm UTC

Whatever, you guys can ignore me if you want to. I'm continuing to read this game out of a sense of duty and I will continue to help where I can. Doesn't matter.

freezeblade's jump on jimbob is nothing, but possibly points to freezeblade being non-Garatron.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Fri May 11, 2018 4:46 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Liri wrote:Heury said that roles were assigned randomly - so SDK's double voting and Mark's redirect weren't intended to balance out, right?
Liri, the way things are usually done is first the mod writes all the roles with appropriate alignments and powers to go with the role, like “town doctor” and “mafia rolecop” (there are exceptions but if the randomness is part of the setup it’s announced, see Misnomer’s Smalltown). Then the mod randomly assigns each player to a role. The random alignment assignments are usually announced in the OP; if it’s not, I ask about it to make sure (the only game I remember where the mod assigned alignments to specific players is MMMII). heury is claiming that each of the roles was assigned a random human name that he got from a book series. Please ask if you have any questions. This is important because if the mod assigns alignments to specific players (like, purposely makes bessie and freezeblade mafia because it would be funny with their metas) then I think everyone would agree that would unarguably be a bastard game, and the mod would be expected to advertise it as such.

I see, thankee. Was remembering from Secret Santa that all roles were assigned completely randomly, but I get that that was an exception - cool bananas.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:04 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Pretty sure it's in town's best interest to just get Liri, jimbob, freezeblade and Bessie to full claim right now, in that order. You've got an extremely solid town block at this point, it's basically impossible to lose, and should be relatively easy to sort out the fake-claims. If not today, then tomorrow or the next day. Town's got lots of time before we ask for the draw/town plays kingmaker.

I approve of this plan, though I do agree that getting a specific order is may be difficult in practice and it may be better just for Liri/jimbob/freezeblade to claim as soon as they can. bessie can go last/later.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:05 pm UTC

Can anybody point me to a game with Town!freezeblade?

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Can anybody point me to a game with Town!freezeblade?

Like, straight town? Diablo mafia, or Dollhouse are the most current I think, everything else is indie or mafia stretching a few years back.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:18 pm UTC

Thanks. I had forgotten you were in Diablo, will have a look.

While you're here, what are your thoughts on claiming?

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm UTC

I think I'm on record against a mass-claim this game, at least, not this early (there's a near 0% chance the game ends in the next two days IMHO, barring a jester-bomb, which doesn't really fit with the other powers) There is already one claim about a name-based power, and I'm worried about other player powers built into the setup to discourage mass-claiming. Later days I can see this being more acceptable, closer to endcame, once more information is floating about (as well as results of night actions) to pickthough to disprove/catch people in lies.

Return to “Mafia”