Meta Mafia II: Day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Meta Mafia II: Day 5

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:07 am UTC

Asking wam for fruit is just paranoia due to the fact that he didn't get killed
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:41 am UTC

A rambutan as your in thailand

ps have a working phone again
Come join us playing mafia signup here

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:46 am UTC

I voted because I know my alignment. I am sure enough of everyone else's alignments that I cannot foresee a change. I know that there will be no quick lynch here with the same certainty that I know everyone else's alignment. So why not vote? If there is a quick-lynch, it will be because either wam or Madge is scum, and if that is the case, they frankly deserve the win.

And I can't really say any more without crossing into dubious territory for the meta I am playing.

Essentially I have given up at this point. If I am going to be mislynched and end the game, it would be better now than to suffer through another week of this.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:55 pm UTC

I'll set a deadline of Saturday at 5PM GMT +1
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:I'll set a deadline of Saturday at 5PM GMT +1

Not that I think the day will go all the way to deadline, but this might clash with the England world cup match, if it goes on to extra time etc. Would it be possible to either bring it to no later than, say, 2.30pm, or afterwards, so no earlier than, say, 6.30pm?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm UTC

I'm happy to to just YOLO and vote mpolo now. I am not going to get any better knowledge and I don't think it's fair to ask more of anyone else.

Thanks for the confirmation wam. It still confuses the heck out of me why you are still alive. Enough that maybe we shouldn't go mpolo: who did wam want to vote off yesterday? Did scum keep wam because he was likely to vote for a townie while bf was onto scum? :/

OK maybe not YOLO mpolo yet. I am super tired rn but I will investigate the above when I get a chance in case nobody does it for me. Hopefully tomorrow.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Diemo wrote:I'll set a deadline of Saturday at 5PM GMT +1

Not that I think the day will go all the way to deadline, but this might clash with the England world cup match, if it goes on to extra time etc. Would it be possible to either bring it to no later than, say, 2.30pm, or afterwards, so no earlier than, say, 6.30pm?

Sure. Lets push it back to 8PM
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:55 am UTC

Read back throguh mpolo. On phone so won't detial it all out but

- no opions on moody laser or jimbob till late.
- moody first read is the sort of washy buddy read I would expect
- really hasnt looked ar jimbob which makes the vote weird. Cant decide if this is bussing or trying his only option for a mis lynch.

Based on the above I think a mpolo lynch is our best option today.

Will leave it for now

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 pm UTC

Wam, Madge, it's important that you both vote, and vote on the same person, because otherwise scum can just force a No Lynch by voting it (No Lynch wins ties). Like I said, I'll follow what you do (although obviously, it won't involve voting me, but then if either of you do, LaserGuy will just pile on too, so it's moot).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm UTC

Jimbob I agree and have been thinking about it. Worknis manic and im spending most of tomorrow driving. So my plan is madge votes when shes next on and I will vote in the morning unless she has any objection or other ideas.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:19 pm UTC

wam wrote:Jimbob I agree and have been thinking about it. Worknis manic and im spending most of tomorrow driving. So my plan is madge votes when shes next on and I will vote in the morning unless she has any objection or other ideas.
Okay, fair enough. I'm around most of tomorrow, and can always drop in to hammer once you two have agreed. Or shout loudly into the void if you vote me.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:04 pm UTC

The only thing I can say in my defense is look at the name of the game and look at Sungura's meta. (That and I'm being blamed on Day 5 for having an operation on Day 1 and being forced to ignore people who weren't under discussion in the interest of time.)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:26 pm UTC

I'm happy to vote whenever. This Day phase has really dragged on and I'm finding it hard to stay motivated when I basically have no influence on the outcome of the game at this point.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:36 pm UTC

vote mpolo

Uf 2 of laser jimbob abd madge are scum well played.

Mpolo I belive it was stated roles and alignment were not linked.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm UTC

Roles and alignments are not linked, but roles and restrictions are linked.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:30 pm UTC

@jimbob: Did you really move the deadline just so you could watch soccer??

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:40 pm UTC

I did!

Not going to risk missing it...

Vote mpolo

Madge can hammer when she's ready. Or LaserGuy can hammer his buddy if he wants.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:41 pm UTC

Vote mpolo

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:46 am UTC

Official Votals:

jimbobmacdoodle (1) : mpolo
mpolo (3) : wam, jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy

Not Voting (1) : Madge

That’s the hammer.

Give me a few minutes to get the end of day post together. I just got home, it’s 9:45 pm, and it’s 97 degrees in my house. Hopefully I won’t get a power outage. There are quite a few in my area right now.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:46 pm UTC

It was a warm evening in early March. The small group chatted happily as the sun set over the little park behind Diemo’s yard. In the past, this group would have gladly talked or played games all night, never tiring. They would have been content to be in the company of friends but childhood was long past, and this much older group thought mostly of work and family and responsibilities, not idle fun. The discussion slowed just as the old rivalries began to show.

It happens to everyone as they get older. You start by holding on to things as they were, but eventually you understand that it’s time to let go of the past, and look ahead to the future. You discover who you are and what you want. With this self discovery comes the realization that sometimes people that you’ve known all your life don’t always understand your goals or desires, or see things the same way you do. Still you don’t need to hate them for it, you just need to value the good memories, and forgive them for growing up.

Diemo: So jimbob, can you stay for a while? We’re just about ready to order dinner.
jimbobmacdoodle: I really can’t. I have to get back. My mother is expecting me.
Madge: Are you sure? bessie made caaaaake.
Diemo: And you know that bessie makes the best cakes.
jimbobmacdoodle: Well that is very tempting. bessie, what kind did you make?
bessie: Carrot.
LaserGuy: [mumbling] I swear bessie was put on this earth just to irritate me. What did I do in a past life to deserve this?
Madge: I often have the same thought.
mpolo: Diemo, don’t forget that I need to leave soon too. I’m flying out tomorrow morning, and I have a lot of things to do tonight before I go.
wam: All right then let’s move this game along and vote. Who do we think is the scummiest?
bessie: Madge.
jimbobmacdoodle: [throwing his hands in the air] bessie, this has been going on since we were kids, why this continued animosity toward Madge?
bessie: [pouting] Because in every game we play, Sabrar prefers Madge to me.
jimbobmacdoodle : Sabrar hasn’t played a game with us for almost fifty years. He can’t even talk. He won’t be playing with us again.
bessie: How do you know Sabrar won’t be back to play again?
LaserGuy: Because you can’t undo the past, and time always moves forward.
bessie: Perhaps. But perhaps time is only linear for those that are stuck in it. Who says that time can only move forward?
LaserGuy: The second law of thermodynamics.
bessie: Hmm, I can see you’re thinking about what I said though.
LaserGuy: No. I’m not. I’m wondering what university gave you a degree. bessie, go sit somewhere else. Far away from me. You’re creeping me out.
mpolo: I think it’s time to vote. I really need to get going.
wam: Well I’m good with just voting for mpolo. He’s been on my radar since we were kids.
jimbobmacdoodle: I’ll be voting mpolo too. Do we all agree?
bessie: Vote Madge.
LaserGuy: bessie, I’ve had about enough of this.
Madge: No really, it’s quite all right, let her be. I need material for my next book.
Dog: Woof. Grrr...
mpolo: That’s fine, I really need to leave anyway. [hugs Madge] Madge, congratulations, good luck with the interview next week. bessie, you always make my visits interesting. Diemo, I’ll be back next month, maybe BoomFrog can have visitors by then.
Madge: Wait, mpolo, are you going to tell us if you’re scum or not?
mpolo: [laughing] I think I’ll leave that up to Diemo.

[mpolo leaves]

wam: So should we have another quick vote and get this over with before jimbob has to leave too?
Diemo: No. We’re...we’re finally done.
Madge: We can’t be. If mpolo was scum, we have one scum left. I’m pretty sure it’s jimbob.
wam: No it has to be LaserGuy.
Diemo: Well, you’re both right.
Madge: We can’t both be right, this game can’t have four scum.
Diemo: It doesn’t. mpolo was town.
bessie: [smugly] Oh, I guess mafia wins, so sorry Madge.
jimbobmacdoodle: Does that mean wam and Madge have to pay for dinner? I think I can stay a while longer after all.
Madge: No, just wam. After all, this is supposed to be my party! I’m the guest of honor!
wam: [pulls out his phone] Sure what does everyone want?
LaserGuy: Order a chocolate cake.
Diemo: Ok, but first, everyone have another drink. Then after dinner we can start a new game. I think we should have jimbob run the next one.

mpolo has been lynched. He was a vanilla townie.

Mafia wins! Congratulations jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy, and moody7277!

Thank you everyone for playing! Shout outs, notes, etc later today. Role pms in a bit.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:50 pm UTC

Angry muttering.

Congrats scum you played a great game.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:23 pm UTC

Role PMs

jimbobmacdoodle
Spoiler:
You are freezeblade. You have the misfortunate of rolling scum in almost every game, but regardless of your alignment, you hate D1. Complain about it, a lot.

You are a Mafia Role Cop. Your Mafia Team members are [LaserGuy and moody7277].

Win Condition: You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead, or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities:

You share a PM with your fellow scum; you may use this topic at Pre-Game or at Night.
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player.
Once per night you may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their role name. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing their role name. You will receive a Message containing [No Result] if your action fails for any reason.

LaserGuy
Spoiler:
You are Madge. This game is like your life; it’s all about you you you. You should talk about yourself (you are not required to share your actual personal life, go ahead and pretend you’re Madge if you want). You should also try to breadcrumb something about your role, alignment, or a night result.

You are a Mafia 2-Shot Strongman. Your Mafia Team members are [moody7277 and jimbobmacdoodle].

Win Condition: You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead, or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities:
You share a PM with your fellow scum; you may use this topic at Pre-Game or at Night.
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player.
At two Nights of your choice if you take the factional kill, it can not be prevented by any kind of protection or jailing. You are to announce the using of your Strongman ability alongside with the kill.

moody7277
Spoiler:
You are Vytron. Playing with you is often frustrating, but always fun. Be an ass, and spread wine or beer as is appropriate. And you should self vote at some point on D1.

You are a Mafia Goon. Your Mafia Team members are [LaserGuy and jimbobmacdoodle].

Abilities:
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each Night one of you may night-kill a player.

freezeblade
Spoiler:
You are Snark. Be as thy name implies. . .

You are a Jailkeeper.

Win Condition: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities: Each Night you may target a player who will be protected from one kill during that night. Also, your target will be unable to perform any (active) Night Action during the same Night. You will not be informed whether you protected the player from a kill or about the (possible) Night Actions your target were to perform.

Madge
Spoiler:
You are bessie. You lucky puppy, you are often the towniest payer in the game. Play aggressively but be helpful to newbies if needed. Your D1 content should include confirmation post analysis and setup speculation, and you should tunnel at least one player.

You are a Vanilla Townie.

Win Condition: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities: You have no special abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.

Mark_Cangila
Spoiler:
You are SDK. A game with SDK in it is always entertaining! But because of your aggressive playstyle, you are viewed by some as an arrogant prick. You should blind vote on D1 with no explanation and make others question you, and act indignant when someone accuses you of scummy behavior.

Abilities: You have no special abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.

mpolo
Spoiler:
You are Sungura. You are well loved and much missed by the older players, and are remembered for your talent for correctly deducing players alignments early in the game. You should do a player analysis every day, and should not claim or lie.

plytho
Spoiler:
You are jimbobmacdoodle. You have a talent for deducing players’ roles, perhaps helped by the very long read lists that you tend to write, containing all your notes and thoughts. Try to make some long posts. You should also try to do a complete detailed reads list of every player, spread out over several posts.

You are an Even-Night Tracker.

Abilities: Each even-Night (Night2, Night4, etc.) you may target a player to be tracked, thus discovering who that player targeted in the same night phase. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Name(s)] or [None]. Should your tracking fail for any reason, you will receive a Message containing [No Result].

Sabrar
Spoiler:
You are Peaceful Whale. Your meta appears to be “just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn’t remember what happened more than five hours ago”. You should write some stream of consciousness analysis posts.

SDK
Spoiler:
You are Djehutynakht. You’ve been gone a while, but are fondly remembered and much missed. You usually start each game with much enthusiasm, but can become defensive and moody when the heat is on, and are often the target of tunneling. Your posts should be swingy, covering a range from prolific posting to lurking, and from enthusiastic scumhunting to pouty defensiveness. (note: don't really lurk, a few active lurky posts will do)

threetwoone/BoomFrog
Spoiler:
You are heuristically_alone. You’re pleasant and funny, and your good nature, even when facing the noose, always makes playing with you a positive experience. You should try to inject some humor in your posts, and use “haha” often (never LOL).

Vicarin
Spoiler:
You are Zen. Your content is often quite extraordinary, and you have the magic gift for reading both the game and other players correctly. You also aren’t afraid to try a gambit when the situation presents itself. On D1 you should do a detailed analysis and build a case on at least one other player. You should also attempt to be read as both townie and scummy and different points in the day.

wam
Spoiler:
You are Sabrar. Very few players can match you enthusiasm for the game. Brain like a computer, you like doing analysis and crunching numbers when possible. You also have the amazing ability to recall content from past games. You should post early and often, and try to use some numbers in your analysis, and link to previous games to support a read or a point that you are trying to make.

You are a Fruit Vendor.

Abilities: Each Night you may target a player in the game and send them a piece of fruit. The fruit itself does nothing. Your targets will not get informed about the sender of the fruit.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:03 pm UTC

Thanks for à wonderful game and flavour bessie and diemo, I had such a ball! I really wish my holiday hadnt interfered so much with my ability to play as I feel I let town down more than usual.

Glad people enjoyed my roleplaying, I really loved doing it. I might inject roleplaying into my playstyle more often. It was refreshing to be on people's town lists!

I am flying into phnom Penh in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Hopefully without any of the 3 of us killing each other in the meantime, airports stress me the f out.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:21 pm UTC

Congrats to scum, was fun though short. Absolutely loved the role pm-s and the flavor! Please give link to scum-chat.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:47 am UTC

I'm just going to claim this as a win for me. Even though technically I totally actually lost twenty dollars and my self respect. If there is one thing that I've learned from meta-bessie it's that this is a healthy and successful coping strategy.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 am UTC

GG guys! This was a really fun one :)

Thanks to bessie and Diemo for running the game and for the great flavor. bessie's GoJoe commentary is also hilarious :D Glad you all enjoyed my roleplaying, and also that you maybe gave me a pass because of it that maybe you shouldn't have ;)

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:29 am UTC

Sorry I won’t be able to complete my shout outs tonight. I’ll just leave this here in case anyone is interested. :wink:

Scum chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/QidQyg5LYFZ

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:21 am UTC

Thanks for the game. Congratulations mafia. I am happy that I at least ended up with correct reads, and that I don't have to do a pointless analysis on Day 6 to fulfill meta.

I pretty much gave up once wam and Madge were convinced of my scumminess, because at that point, any defense I could make would have been implicitly claiming (If I were scum, would I have said this? If I wasn't lying in this post, how could I be scum?). I was probably pushing it a little asking people to look at meta…

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:57 pm UTC

Congratulations to LaserGuy, moody and jimbob.

I want to do a shout-out to bessie, all of the flavour was hers. And it was much better than mine would have been :).
--Douglas Adams

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 pm UTC

Shout outs:
Whole scumteam: Your guys tone all game was inditinguishable from town. (Including moody because he always sounds scummy even as town :wink: ) Very well played. I only caught you by POE.

Wam: The fruit trick was amazing and brought us up from "screwed" to mearly "in trouble".

Sabrar: Alas we did not overlap, your PW was delightful. I would have had fun riffing off you as heuy.

Madge: You played very well, and I was surprised by the amount of time you still put into the game on vacation. Honestly, you seriously did not let anyone down.

Mpolo: You do keep having good reads but people don't listen to you. I'm going to have to pay attention next game. I don't know why, but your posts always blur together for me.

SDK: Still impressed by your wam and mpolo reads. The mpolo read helped me get on the right track.

Mark: Thanks for joining us. I look forward to your next game here.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:03 pm UTC

Thank you again everyone for playing. Some brief shout outs, I’m trying not to repeat anything I already said in Gojoe.

threetwone – Sorry that you couldn’t continue in the game. Please sign up for another in the future.

Vicarin – I already gave you some feedback in the Gojoe thread here. The only thing I have to add is that if you don’t understand or agree with something in your role pm, you should always bring it up with the mod.

Sabrar – I know you would have rather played, but what you did was brilliant. You drew the night kill and saved the power roles for town. I’m a bit disappointed that you didn’t play me, but it’s probably for the best as I’m sure I would have hit the roof every night when I read your posts. Sorry about making you insane in the flavor, and taking away your ability to speak.*
*Not really. I enjoyed it.

SDK – Even though you were lynched, you had a rather remarkable D2, and I will probably use in the future as an example of what a townie should do when facing the lynch. One regret I have about modding this game instead of playing is that I missed my opportunity to play again with you before you disappear for a while. But I am hopeful that you will sign up for Secret Santa this year, and that you won’t make me wait until next summer before you play again.

freezeblade – Congratulations on finally outsmarting the RNG (it made jimbob!freeze scum instead of you!). Great job using your power, you blocked the mafia rolecop every night you were alive (perfect because you couldn’t have blocked the strongman kill), and I think you were the only player to suspect jimbob. Sorry I couldn’t find you a replacement, I really appreciate you sticking it out and playing.

Mark_Cangila – I think you played an excellent game! Thank you for continuing to play on your vacation. You made some good observations throughout the game, and I think that you probably would not have been lynched D3 if you had a little more time to develop those observations and do some more thorough analysis. I hope to see you sign up for another game soon.

plytho – In reading your posts I realized that I so missed arguing with you. :wink: Your D1 “jimbob wall” had me laughing so much. Looking forward to debating with you soon.

moody7277 – What were you thinking, choosing Vytron? :shock: It was really quite remarkable that you made it to D4 and you weren’t policy lynched for that on D1. :lol: Good game, you did an excellent job distancing yourself from jimbob and LaserGuy and facilitating a mafia win.

BoomFrog – I was totally doing the happy puppy dance (think Snoopy) when I saw your name on the sign up list. :D
BoomFrog wrote:I'm just going to claim this as a win for me. Even though technically I totally actually lost twenty dollars and my self respect. If there is one thing that I've learned from meta-bessie it's that this is a healthy and successful coping strategy.
Ah yes, you remember what I wrote in Newbie New Year. For me, personally winning the game is always a secondary goal (although winning for my team is a primary goal). In general, my primary goals are that everyone has a good time playing, another is that everyone believes they were treated fairly. I also have little game specific goals that I secretly try to achieve, like did I guess the setup on D1, was my D1 tunnel correct, etc. Winning and losing is usually relative for me. There have been some games I’ve won, but I don’t feel I achieved a complete win because my personal primary goal was not fulfilled. There are some games I’ve lost, but I’m content because I achieved a secret goal. So BoomFrog, perhaps your personal win in this game is not a coping strategy, but rather an evaluation from a more important perspective. Like my personal win in this game is that you came back. :)

mpolo – Your subtle roleplaying was brilliant, often it was like I was reading not mpolo but a different player (I never played with Sungura, I wrote the role from Diemo’s input and from what I knew of her excellent reputation as a player). You played a remarkable game, even more so for staying in character while facing the lynch. mpolo, you were quite perceptive as usual, and like usual figured out the entire game by D3. 8-)

wam – I have no words. I’m still trying to absorb what you did. If you and BoomFrog are ever scum together we’re doomed. :shock:

Madge – Has totally ruined her meta after this game. You have proven that you are perfectly capable of making insightful reads lists and doing brilliant analysis if so motivated. :P Perhaps BoomFrog and Sabrar will believe me next time I point out that you are in fact a twisted evil genius. Thank you for playing on your vacation. We probably should have modkilled you earlier but after N3 a modkill wasn’t an option, and I very much appreciate you seeing this through to the end.
Madge wrote:I am flying into phnom Penh in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Hopefully without any of the 3 of us killing each other in the meantime, airports stress me the f out
I so totally relate I have to take tranquilizers when I fly.

jimbobmacdoodle – Gotta love the RNG, assigning freeze!you scum, and making you a rolecop on top of that. :lol: On your performance this game...like...wow. You are the towniest scum ever. :? jimbob, after this I believe our relationship is going to become even more complicated. I kinda wish I could have read this from the perspective on not knowing your alignment. Updating my file. :wink:

LaserGuy – I so looked forward every night to reading your posts; your roleplaying was often the highlight of my day. In a way, I regret that you were mafia, because town you would have probably posted more. Your posts were a primary inspiration to me in writing the flavor (and the delightful bits about your son inspired the “children see magic everywhere” line in this post).
LaserGuy wrote:Glad you all enjoyed my roleplaying, and also that you maybe gave me a pass because of it that maybe you shouldn't have
+1, QFT, etc. I was actually quite surprised that players were given passes for role playing, when Diemo clearly intended posting restrictions to be optional (unlike my sample roles in Gojoe, where powers were tied to posting restrictions). I predict that my next game with you will be...interesting. I also predict that you and Sabrar will need to change your status back to “It’s complicated”. :P

And finally, my most important shout out is to Diemo. :) Thank you Diemo for taking the initiative and running this game while the rest of us were talking about it in the Gojoe thread, where it probably would have languished indefinitely. And thank you so much for allowing me to co mod this with you, and for taking on all the actual modding duties that I would have had trouble doing myself or would have screwed up (this is a real concern, I started to process the N2 actions and realized I wrote up a watcher result for plytho :oops: ). Diemo, you do not visit the mafia forum nearly enough, please drop by more often.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 pm UTC

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why we killed BoomFrog. LaserGuy and I basically knew he was locked in on us, and we didn't want to risk that Madge would start sheeping him, because if she had done, we would have been toast. We took a risk, knowing that both Madge and wam didn't seem to have a strong read of either of the two of us as scum, and hoping that this would mean they'd default to pushing mpolo instead. Which they eventually did.

One correction to point out from the spoilers: I have been lynched as scum. Once (not counting Trial of the Pariahs). But it was my first game way back in Draculafia. I was also vig-killed as confirmed-scum in Smalltown 2 (my second game), after tying myself in knots with a false result claim. But yeah, not since then. And yes, I have been mislynched on several occasions, though I forget which ones (I think somebody may have pointed this out).

Sabrar, you really should know by now that if you read me as town, I'm scum, and if you read me as scum, I'm town. So next game, I'll make sure to look super scummy, just so that you get really confused...!

I also want to apologise to the mods, and anybody else for my mini-rant in scum chat N4. I guess I was just getting frustrated for no good reason. And maybe over-sad about missing out on a hat-trick of perfect scum games...! My only two real gripes with the game were the incorrect wiki page leading to an unfair confirmed town, and the fruit vendor being able to give out specific fruits.

Shout outs/thoughts:

threetwoone: bad luck with accidentally spoilering yourself. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Vicarin: I honestly don't know if I'd have pushed you as town the way I did. Maybe next time you'll get past D1 though!

Sabrar: good job on fooling us into thinking you were PR on N1.

SDK: I always enjoy playing with you. I'm glad that plytho tunnelled you as hard as he did, and somehow carried the rest of town with him, despite me pushing against your lynch, because I think we'd have had to have NK'ed you before endgame.

freezeblade: Nice work with the double jailing of the role cop. Unfortunately, you doing so N1 was enough to convince us that you were the jailkeeper anyway, along with your soft claims.

Mark: You were definitely a bit of a victim of low content, making it easy for us to push you as scum. I would just suggest you do what you can to keep up and post reactions to things in flight, if nothing else.

plytho: We killed you because you were just so townie! We certainly didn't have a clue that you were the tracker. My only comment is that the tunnel was too much. If several people are disagreeing with you over a case, you may well not have as ironclad a case as you think you do, and should consider looking wider at your subject's posts.

BoomFrog: You got to the right team in the end! You forced us to kill you instead of confirmed town.

wam: I'm still impressed with your fruit vendor gambit. I'd figured you were likely to be fruit vendor by N2, but there were always more important targets to go for with the kill and role cop.

Madge: Yes, you were wrong with your final conclusions, but I still think you did a really good job, especially channelling bessie early on!

mpolo: I felt sorry for you in the endgame, because there clearly wasn't much you could do. I very nearly posted to say that you should just drop the meta, but my slightly selfish desire to win outweighed that desire for sportsmanship. Sorry :wink:

moody: Thank you for being a solid scum buddy. Yes, I bussed you a lot, but that was mostly opportunistic from Day 2. I think you did a good job of keeping yourself from being too linked to me or LaserGuy, so when you went, town were still confused enough.

LaserGuy: Congrats. I'm not sure I could have read you as scum if I hadn't known! My town lean on you for most of the game was pretty genuine.

Lastly, to the mods, thank you for running the game! I really enjoyed it, and the flavour was a nice variation.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Sabrar, you really should know by now that if you read me as town, I'm scum, and if you read me as scum, I'm town.
Yes and I think I finally figured out why. Can't wait for next game to test it. :D

LaserGuy: comment #16 in your private qt was very accurate and should have made you realize that I wouldn't do that as fruit vendor.

Madge: your third point from here has been percolating in my mind ever since and I finally thought to give it a try as conditions seemed to be ideal for it.

bessie: can't say it often enough how much I adored the flavor and the care that went into it.

Diemo: thank you for running the game and finding such a good setup.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:01 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Sabrar, you really should know by now that if you read me as town, I'm scum, and if you read me as scum, I'm town.
Yes and I think I finally figured out why. Can't wait for next game to test it. :D
We're going to roll scum-buddies, aren't we? Or at least, you're going to roll scum.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:06 am UTC

I see you've already started preparing your defense. Super-scummy, that is. :lol:

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm UTC

I don't know if I'll ever be able to live down my scummy meta. I'm just not sure how to convince people to believe of my soft-claims. Scum latched onto it instantly, and it was ignored by town. Soft claim or full claim, I would have been killed that night anyway.

Great game scum! I'm still mystified on how the RNG fucked with me and put all the scum in one of the RNG groups in my meta-snark grouping.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:44 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Great game scum! I'm still mystified on how the RNG fucked with me and put all the scum in one of the RNG groups in my meta-snark grouping.
I genuinely did not know how to react to that when I saw it. Even though I knew it was very unlikely, I was petrified that you genuinely had a reason to believe that list when you posted it...
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

Blowing that off as early game weirdness was some of the fastest footwork I've had to do.

Having seen scum!jimbob from inside now, I realize that I had little chance against him in Secret Santa last year even putting aside the role chicanery. LaserGuy's kill analysis from N1 was also very impressive to me. I do not relish going up against them in the future.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

I had thought about looking at why boom was killed and just decided there was too much wine that way! Good game scum will get my revenge at some point.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm UTC

Congrats to scum!

I really enjoyed this game, unfortunately I was wrong about everything :D
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Return to “Mafia”