Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:51 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Do you really think it’s more pro-town of you to put Vicarin at L-2, with a day and a half remaining, than it is to vote your true scum read?


The reason it's good for town to vote is to make their preferred lynch obvious. I think I had made my position damn clear and therefore don't see the issue.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:52 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:Logic is that I believe Bessie is guilty scum but as no one other than Vic seems to agree with me voting Bessie is pointless.
It's not pointless. You need to be aware of common group mentality. If everybody is just saying that "Oh I will follow the others for now but if people want change then that's good too" then no change will ever occur. Someone has to step up and be the first but with you now voting Vicarin it becomes even less likely so your words and action are contradictory. Also your whole speech simply reeks of not wanting the responsibility of lynching town.


Yeah and when all of day 1 no one agrees with your reads or possible slips you get a bit like why bother.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:57 am UTC

Off topic

Spoiler:
Sorry if I come across grumpy I have a bad headache this morning and the office is far too hot!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby bessie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:18 am UTC

wam wrote:The reason it's good for town to vote is to make their preferred lynch obvious. I think I had made my position damn clear and therefore don't see the issue.
But not everyone else has made their position clear. And if Vicarin is at L-2 they don’t need to, and can hide behind the excuse of not wanting to put him too close to hammer. So you may as well vote your true read.

wam wrote:Yeah and when all of day 1 no one agrees with your reads or possible slips you get a bit like why bother.
Because you're alive today, and you'll be alive tomorrow.


wam, off topic
Spoiler:
Understood. It’s 1:16 am and 75 degrees Fahrenheit / 24 degrees Celsius in the OC. And even hotter in my house. :|

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Sabrar feels a little funny tonally, but I can't put my finger on what specifically is off there.
Do you have any specific questions for me?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 am UTC

bessie wrote:
wam wrote:The reason it's good for town to vote is to make their preferred lynch obvious. I think I had made my position damn clear and therefore don't see the issue.
But not everyone else has made their position clear. And if Vicarin is at L-2 they don’t need to, and can hide behind the excuse of not wanting to put him too close to hammer. So you may as well vote your true read.
]


I am.now! Who do you think hasn't made.theor position clear. I can only thing of mpolo.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 am UTC

@heury, Madge, mpolo: please vote.

@BoomFrog: I know you claimed secret reasons for not voting yesterday but whatever reasons you might have cannot come before actually trying to get the lynch right.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm UTC

I unofficially vote for wam.

If it's needed to push the correct lynch I will vote if able.

If our theory is town-Vic was supposed to be messed with but scum was roleblocked doesn't that indicate LaserGuy is scum?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:19 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Yes, you say you were reluctant. But what made you decide to share? You've been dropping hints and said you've "practically revealed it already" when no one had any idea what your claim was. You've wanted to claim since the start of the day.
I wanted to claim very much on a personal level as a "F U" to scum because I'm getting tired of this. I tried to quell that urge. However I later posted this on impulse (see similar example in Stellaris) and realized only after that it would be a clear indicator for scum that I knew I was the NK-target. At which point I might as well reveal it to town.

Final verdict, I believe Sabrar's bulletproof claim.

Bessie, my fishbowl choice is with Vicarin, not you. Sorry :(

Wam, Bessie feels a need to help and give advice to newbies and will choose that option over a more optimal choice always.

VOTE: wam
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm UTC

I don't see a potential scum partner for wam... : /. That means probably one of the cops is fake. But we can determine the answer with night actions.

@Vicarin: Do you agree proving you are town is more valuable right now then you getting another result? It's like getting a result in yourself for everyone else. Equally valuable, but better because it is also confirmed. And it will confirm your sanity so we will know Bessie's alignment.

Target Madge tonight. She will be able to confirm a cop targeted her. If she is scum and lies she will be lynched after you and that's a good 1 for 1. Bessie will target someone else.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm UTC

Unofficial vote LaserGuy

Wam might be indy though.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:43 pm UTC

wam wrote:Logic is that I believe Bessie is guilty scum but as no one other than Vic seems to agree with me voting Bessie is pointless. As stated 1-1 trade favours town so I am prepared to lynch vic first then Bessie tomorrow. With a large dollop of smugness if I am proved right. If people are willing to switch to Bessie now I will change my vote.


Can you explain why you think Vic is Town and bessie is scum?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 pm UTC

@laser on my phone so not going to post quotes bit can later if wanted.

Point 1. I highly doubt we have two town cops in the game. Therefore 1 of Bessie and Vic must be scum or Indy I suppose (Not really considered this before now).

Point 2. Bessie claim came across hesitant and a bit like she wasn't 100% behind what she was claiming where as Vic came across cockier.

Point 3. Bessie has been reacting more to suspicion than normal which I always find as a scummy sign. As scum I always find you think "oh god their onto me".

Point 4. On meta I can't read Bessie, but I like to think I can read Vic. This has been town Vic by meta in my opinion.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm UTC

wam wrote:Point 4. On meta I can't read Bessie, but I like to think I can read Vic. This has been town Vic by meta in my opinion.


You were reading him as scum and bessie as Town in D1.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm UTC

I read him as Indy or town day 1. I will agree I read Bessie as town day 1.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 pm UTC

wam wrote:Will explain in a bit.

Lynchables.
Vic - to quote boom mongoose or snake.


Isn't this scum or indy?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 pm UTC

wam wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: Vic is aggressive and role-fishy by nature and he gets himself too much flak for erratic behavior D1. .


This sums up what I was thinking about vics previous post. I was wavering between frustrated town and defensive scum. I think it's frustrated townie.

As to the claim. I have no reason to disbelieve it. And based on the claim the risk is too high to lynch him today.


I was unsure then in the post above decided I was wrong and put him in the town pile.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 pm UTC

Reads:

heuristically_alone:
Mostly unobjectionable content. Interesting that he refused to take a side on the cop issue. I noted a few comments that could be informed depending on how the cop situation resolves itself. If both cops are Town, then I think it's likely that he'll flip scum, but probably Town otherwise.


Sabrar:
BP claim likely true. Still thinking about what that might imply about scum team since Sabrar's content D1 was pretty light and he wasn't an obvious target. This post in particular pings as Town!Sabrar to me. Likely Town.


bessie:
This game appears to be far outside of bessie's scum range. I would be very surprised if she were mafia here. Town.


BoomFrog:
Dependent on bessie's alignment and sanity.


wam:
A lot of his scum hunting feels kind of fake to me. Some of his comments re: Vic/bessie ping me quite a bit. Scummy.


Madge:
Mostly focused on setup. The manner in which she claimed pings somewhat townie to me, but not much to go off of beyond that. Putting her at slight Town lean.


Vicarin:
I think I've discussed Vic enough already. Scummy.


Mark_Cangila:
Feels like newbie Town to me. Him jumping in at daystart with his result on Vic also feels Townie. Solid Town.


mpolo:
Feels consistent with what I've seen of him in Town games previously, but not a lot to work with. Nullish.



Town
LaserGuy
Mark
bessie
Sabrar
heury
Madge
mpolo
wam
Vic
Scum

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:heuristically_alone:
Mostly unobjectionable content. Interesting that he refused to take a side on the cop issue. I noted a few comments that could be informed depending on how the cop situation resolves itself. If both cops are Town, then I think it's likely that he'll flip scum, but probably Town otherwise.

Heuy was the first to push the two town cops theory. If he is mafia and that theory is true it would be complete suicide for him to do this. How do you go from 2 town cops to heuy is mafia?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:heuristically_alone:
Mostly unobjectionable content. Interesting that he refused to take a side on the cop issue. I noted a few comments that could be informed depending on how the cop situation resolves itself. If both cops are Town, then I think it's likely that he'll flip scum, but probably Town otherwise.

Heuy was the first to push the two town cops theory. If he is mafia and that theory is true it would be complete suicide for him to do this. How do you go from 2 town cops to heuy is mafia?


scum!heury suggested an extremely unlikely but ultimately correct interpretation of the N2 results in Fridge mafia. I get a bit of that vibe here as well.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm UTC

Votals:

bessie - 2 (Vicarin, wam)
Vicarin - 3 (bessie, Mark_Cangila, LaserGuy)
wam - 2 (Sabrar, heuristically_alone)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, Madge, mpolo

10 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline 7pm UTC Wednesday evening (approx 22.5 hours time). Deadline counter.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm UTC

Some observations from going through wam's D1 content. Started this more than an hour ago but was constantly interrupted.

I think wam interpreting BoomFrog's comment as a slip is a forced read. It just doesn't make sense for scum!BF to accidentally reveal the size of his faction. It could be a gambit going in either direction but to call it specifically a slip is absurd. Note that scum!wam used the exact same accusation in Stellaris against me.

Reiterates that it was a mistake before rescinding it when he doesn't get the support he hoped for. He was also very unwilling to let go of this in Stellaris.

Votes heury because of his read-list being non-controversial and calling him 'scum who is happy with the day 1 lynch' who at that time looked to be Vicarin. However Vicarin also appears in his lynchable list 50 minutes after his vote on heury. This does not add up, especially if you consider that heury voted for moody who also appears in wam's list.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 pm UTC

When it comes to the Bessie Vicarin situation, my view is that one of {Vicarin, Madge} is probably scum. I really really doubt mafia would have purposefully not targeted a cop claim. Since Madge was the only one to target Vic, she must be scum if Vic is town. I, however, still don't like Vic's cop claim. It seems way to close to a near lynch. It seems even more likely it was defensive when you notice he voted for moody, who he said was probably townie.

On the Sabrar claim, I'm really split. It seems like something Town!Sabrar and Scum!Sabrar would both say. I don't really think it is alignment indicative by itself.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 pm UTC

@Mark: I like your read. Just to add to it, I have a personal meta read of Madge that she is very likely to be town this game. So if you end up having to decide if you should trust her or someone else, I'd say trust her. (of course don't take this as fact until you are confident of my alignment.)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:50 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:heuristically_alone:
Mostly unobjectionable content. Interesting that he refused to take a side on the cop issue. I noted a few comments that could be informed depending on how the cop situation resolves itself. If both cops are Town, then I think it's likely that he'll flip scum, but probably Town otherwise.

Heuy was the first to push the two town cops theory. If he is mafia and that theory is true it would be complete suicide for him to do this. How do you go from 2 town cops to heuy is mafia?


scum!heury suggested an extremely unlikely but ultimately correct interpretation of the N2 results in Fridge mafia. I get a bit of that vibe here as well.

I suppose that guessing the correct setup isnt alignment indicative for me then :lol:

I thought I had made it clear from the start that I found Vicarin more likely to be town than Bessie.

Sabrar wrote:Some observations from going through wam's D1 content. Started this more than an hour ago but was constantly interrupted.

I think wam interpreting BoomFrog's comment as a slip is a forced read. It just doesn't make sense for scum!BF to accidentally reveal the size of his faction. It could be a gambit going in either direction but to call it specifically a slip is absurd. Note that scum!wam used the exact same accusation in Stellaris against me.

Reiterates that it was a mistake before rescinding it when he doesn't get the support he hoped for. He was also very unwilling to let go of this in Stellaris.

Votes heury because of his read-list being non-controversial and calling him 'scum who is happy with the day 1 lynch' who at that time looked to be Vicarin. However Vicarin also appears in his lynchable list 50 minutes after his vote on heury. This does not add up, especially if you consider that heury voted for moody who also appears in wam's list.

Just saying that I 100% agree with the reasonsing behind this read. I woukd be very surprised if Sabrar was scum.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:38 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Today is BAD for activity -- we are leaving on an all-day outing and then immediately have an end of the summer show for the students. Wednesday, I don't know. From Thursday, my participation should be better, at least for a few days, then I go on vacation and am at the mercy of the Wifi in the mountains.

As soon as you are back we need to know who you would choose to Lynch between bessie and vicarin, and your first choice lynch apart from those two.

I can't think of who else could be scum apart from wam. I am feeling pretty good about everyone being town except for mpolo. He's the only one I don't have a solid read on which is causing me to push him to the lean scum side of the table.

Was looking for interactions between wam and mpolo and these are the only 3 I found to date.

wam wrote:Who do you think hasn't made.theor position clear. I can only thing of mpolo.

mpolo wrote:wam - due to less posting D1, I have less of a feel for him

wam wrote:Mpolo:
Possible Miller claim which weirdly doenst seem to have been disscussed at all. I treat all miller and the like claims with great suspicion but I don't think people gambit like that any more.


Also, mpolo on d1 really wasn't lurking. He made quite a few posts with not too many opinions
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:29 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Bessie, my fishbowl choice is with Vicarin, not you. Sorry :(
heury, that’s quite all right. I just want everyone to commit before the day is over. Voting is preferred, but not absolutely necessary. Though picking a bowl is required.

heuristically_alone wrote:Wam, Bessie feels a need to help and give advice to newbies and will choose that option over a more optimal choice always.
Haha why must it be one or the other? What is scum!me’s optimal choice regarding, hmmm, lets’s say . . . Mark?

wam wrote:Point 2. Bessie claim came across hesitant and a bit like she wasn't 100% behind what she was claiming where as Vic came across cockier.
Point to the post to which you are referring, and explain how in said post I am not being a cocky, overconfident jerk.

wam wrote:Point 3. Bessie has been reacting more to suspicion than normal which I always find as a scummy sign. As scum I always find you think "oh god their onto me".
Like, what? I’m not ignoring this one, I’m just not following what you think the correct town!bessie reaction should be.

wam wrote:Point 4. On meta I can't read Bessie, but I like to think I can read Vic. This has been town Vic by meta in my opinion.
Please compare Vicarin in this game to Vicarin’s scum meta and explain how they are different. :lol: :lol: :lol:

heuristically_alone wrote:As soon as you are back we need to know who you would choose to Lynch between bessie and vicarin, and your first choice lynch apart from those two.
Agreed. mpolo, you need to pick a different bowl. You aren't allowed to share with BoomFrog.


Sunfish
bessie
Mark_Cangila
LaserGuy
Madge

Moonfish
Vicarin
Sabrar
wam
heuristically_alone

Jellyfish
BoomFrog
mpolo


Madge wrote:I think if I was going to vote rn, I'd vote for Vic.
Madge, are you staying in my bowl or do you want to switch? You don’t have to vote for one of us, but you have to pick a bowl. Next up, I know that getting a complete reads list from you isn’t going to happen. Probably never again. But can you at least give a woof-grr? And if you’re going to be your normal noncommittal self and not make a useful vote, can you at least vote for mpolo so he can get his win?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 am UTC

Hmm, I thought I'd made it clear I was sunfish.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am UTC

bessie wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:Wam, Bessie feels a need to help and give advice to newbies and will choose that option over a more optimal choice always.
Haha why must it be one or the other? What is scum!me’s optimal choice regarding, hmmm, lets’s say . . . Mark?

I'm not personally saying you are currently choosing to play sub optimally by giving Mark advice. You just care more for people and improving future games more than you care about a temporary victory.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:15 am UTC

Hmmm, so given that we're at worst at 7-3, we've probably got 1 allowed mislynch up our sleeve...

Rereading what wam has said recently, I'm mainly getting reminded of how I was in Meta Mafia when I fell behind due to being busy and then had everyone breathing down my neck because I'm usually active. I then made a couple of mistakes and then got dogpiled on hard with scum leading the charge. I'd definitely prefer to not bet the game on lynching him, and if we have to lynch outside of me and bessie today, mpolo (who's most recent post consists of umming and ahhing to no conclusion at all, come on) and Madge would make a lot more sense.

In general, seeing as noone has claimed responsibility for the roleblock by now, I'm worried about what's going to happen if it's a scum roleblocker. If me and bessie are left alive and we mislynch someone else, then if bessie is scum, there's a decent chance that we're both going to claim getting roleblocked tomorrow. Then we'll have no extra information, and have to lynch bessie in order to not lose.

Unfortunately this also applies to me targeting Madge, which even if I'm willing to trust her means that if she's scum and we mislynch today, she just has to claim I'm not a cop and we probably lose, while if she's town and I get roleblocked, we have no more info than we did before.

@everyone: what does everyone think the likelihood of this game being a 2 cop game is? I think it's around 20% right now after this discussion, so betting the game on it being the case seems bad to me.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 am UTC

@bessie: If the lynch is not you/Vic today, are you willing to claim a target in advance?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 am UTC

I would be against lynching either mpolo or Madge, for the record.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 am UTC

I've been assuming the roleblocker was town, but Vic raises a valid concern.

I guess we need to lynch Cop. No actually LaserGuy was right. If we no lynch scum are forced to resolve the issue or let a cop (or 2) live. If the doc gets a save we are gaining valuable cop results. If the roleblocker is town even better, they could save a cop by hitting scum.

We earned a no lynch and this is a good use of it.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:18 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote: Hmm, I thought I'd made it clear I was sunfish.
All day I was picturing this beautiful bio-luminescent Crystal Jellyfish glowing in a bowl, all by itself. . . but I guess nothing about you is ever really crystal clear. :)

LaserGuy wrote:@bessie: If the lynch is not you/Vic today, are you willing to claim a target in advance?
I was thinking of just using the RNG to choose a target (leaving out Madge, because she confirming Vicarin). That way a redirector wouldn’t know if they needed to direct me toward town or scum. And I don’t see any reason why I need to try to hit scum. I’ve claimed my power so I can claim my target, and having confirmed town will be useful too. Also, if I use the RNG I won’t be able to give any hints in advance about who I’m targeting because I won’t even know yet.

Hmm, Vicarin needs to target Madge, and I see he is already trying to find an excuse not to. Vicarin, don’t you understand, even if you are town, you need to target Madge so we can confirm you and remove the burden from town of having your alignment unknown tomorrow. Then you will be unlynchable, and we can lynch me. And it’s suboptimal for town having me target Madge instead of you. If we are both town you are insane, and your result would useless anyway.

I’m not against the idea of claiming my target in advance, but I think my idea is better. I’m pretty sure Vicarin’s not going for his end.

Ninja'd, will read and think.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:18 am UTC

Vic should still target Madge for sure. If he lives and isn't roleblocked then that's the best result we can get (unless Madge is killed). But if we have a doc Madge is the only non-macho valuable target so she has a good chance of protection. More thought there is just helping scum plan.

Bessie, you should assume you will get a valid result. Don't choose randomly, but don't declare your target either. Narrow your pool to 5 non-Vic people then randomly pick in that group. That should give you about 50% chance of scum or town. (Yes I'm counting Vic as roughly 50% scum. You can restrict it to 4 if you are confident Vic is scum)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:58 am UTC

I'd be willing to no lynch and see if scum kills a cop.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 am UTC

I'm pro-NL if we can get consensus.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:31 am UTC

I'm against a nl but will read read the logic posted above and come back.

I have figured out sabrars grand master plan

Spoiler:
I'm running the next game so by getting me lynched quickly i can go finish writing the game! Then the gap between games should be smaller.


I know I have a lot of questions up there to answer and I will try and answer them today but I'm at work till about an hour before deadline.

Sabrar wrote:Some observations from going through wam's D1 content. Started this more than an hour ago but was constantly interrupted.

I think wam interpreting BoomFrog's comment as a slip is a forced read. It just doesn't make sense for scum!BF to accidentally reveal the size of his faction. It could be a gambit going in either direction but to call it specifically a slip is absurd. Note that scum!wam used the exact same accusation in Stellaris against me.

Reiterates that it was a mistake before rescinding it when he doesn't get the support he hoped for. He was also very unwilling to let go of this in Stellaris.


Right so I did think it was a slip but I pushed it harder than normal due to my 2nd win con. Which to be honest is the hardest i have seen in the game. I am a lyncher for boom.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby wam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:33 am UTC

Also I'm away this weekend and I have no idea if I will have phone signal.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 am UTC

No time. It's crazy around here.

Request extension until Thursday.

I would like to have a vote at nightfall, if possible.
Image <-- Evil experiment


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], jimbobmacdoodle, Majestic-12 [Bot], SuicideJunkie and 9 guests