Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bessie

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D3)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:00 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Good point. If I was cult leader on the verge of winning Madge and I could have speed lynched Vic when he was at L-2.
Speedlynching would require chat and that you and Madge to both be here, or it's a huge risk (see Meta mafia).

Sorry mpolo I was hoping I would be able to leave with a vote on you, but secondary is secondary, and I know you understand.

I won’t be rereading unless I am around D4, so some quick speculations from memory. If BoomFrog is cult leader, he apparently passed the mediator power to Madge D1. She stopped voting D2 and started talking about multiple roleblockers D2. But she didn’t make the obvious breadcrumb until D3, so was she culted N2, and they don’t have chat?

I am out of time. Past out of time, now I’m late.

Um, goodbye. Again.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Wam was going down anyway at that point, and you could be godfather. If I was cult leader why didn't cult speedlynch Vic at L-2? mpolo is clearly not in my cult, so I must have had one member who wasn't voting Vic yet.

I think you are much more likely to be mafia than cult; I'm just hedging my bets.

Anyway, if you are cult, one of your recruits is almost certainly Madge.

ninja by bessie.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:23 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 3 (Mark_Cangila, Sabrar, bessie)
BoomFrog - 3 (Vicarin, LaserGuy, mpolo)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, Madge

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is 21:00 UTC, Wednesday, 15th August, just over 3.5 hours from now. Deadline timer.

To be completely clear, BoomFrog will currently be lynched as the longest current run on three votes.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:37 pm UTC

If Vicarin doesn't unvote then BoomFrog can't be his buddy. mpolo is probably away, Madge is asleep, LaserGuy is too stubborn to change his mind. Therefore BoomFrog will have to vote to save himself, meaning you can block/jail him without interference.

BoomFrog wrote:So it's real weird if the cult leader was a doctor (which LaserGuy ignores).
Not necessarily, can protect the recruits from nk.

BoomFrog wrote:If I was cult leader why didn't cult speedlynch Vic at L-2? mpolo is clearly not in my cult, so I must have had one member who wasn't voting Vic yet.
Speedlynch doesn't guarantee your win if you do not have unlimited recruit.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 pm UTC

Vote Vicarin
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:11 pm UTC

If the game is not over Tomorrow, then LaserGuy is godfather cult leader and mpolo is the recruit.

No, that's too blatant... LaserGuy didn't get in my face until I suggested roleblocking Mark and mpolo. One of them must be the cult leader. Let's assume it's mpolo:

@Madge: Roleblock mpolo.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:14 pm UTC

Gee, I wonder if you could be instructing your recruit to roleblock the only person who can stop you from recruiting tonight? :roll:

Could you be that blatant?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:27 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I think you are much more likely to be mafia than cult; I'm just hedging my bets.

Make up your mind. You should suspect me of being the last mafia and tricking Madge into saving me so I can get one more kill in.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:05 pm UTC

I plan to jail the one of the two who is not lynched.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 pm UTC

Someone needs to RB BF, and Vic needs to be lynched. That simple.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm UTC

Time's up! Vicarin has been lynched. Flavour post to follow shortly, but it is now Night 3.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:54 pm UTC

Night 3: A Foe Revealed

Elayne sat watching the proceedings before her. None of the more senior Aes Sedai had paid much attention to her presence, but Egwene had asked her to sit in on the discussion, with Sheriam being incapacitated. The arguments reminded her a lot of the politics back home. It still surprised her just how much political intrigue existed, despite the apparent unity of the White Tower to the outside world. At times she wondered just how the Aes Sedai could truly steer the world in the right direction, if they were always so much at one another’s throats. The Rebellion, whilst necessary, was certainly a case in point.

She was dozing a little in the corner, when a voice piped up from one of the other women in the room. “I’ve had enough. If none of you will see it, then fine. I dislike this whole witch hunt we are on, and fully believe that Romanda was right when she said this is all a farce. The Amyrlin is clearly misguided and needs the direction of a senior Sister to direct her hand, if we are to have any hope of deposing Elaida. But I also believe there to be something more insidious among us, and you are fools to ignore it. I don’t know what form it takes, but you should be focusing your efforts on those who are actively trying to recruit people to their cause. Search for them, and then come back to me, if you must.”

Elayne did her best not to jump to her feet and interject there and then. She had been given strict orders by the Amyrlin to watch and not intervene. Perhaps more could be learnt that way.

Some of the Sisters seemed disturbed by the woman’s pronouncement, and the group split in half, some arguing that the more sinister threat should be taken seriously, and that the one accused of being its leader dealt with, whilst others said that it was all an attempt at misdirection and deceit. Eventually, one of those who had been reluctant to voice their opinion, but was also being accused of disloyalty chimed in and cast the deciding vote to expel the apparent Romanda-supporter from their midst.

With the argument at a conclusion, Elayne rose to her feet. And led the other woman out of the room. Quietly, she advised her to take her leave and stay away from the village for a few days. “Perhaps it would be best if you secreted yourself in the soldiers’ encampment, where nobody will be distracted by you and can focus on your claims?” she suggested.

The issue dealt with, she went to report back to Egwene everything that had happened.

Vicarin has fled the village and is “dead”.

Day End Votals:

Votals:

Vicarin - 4 (Mark_Cangila, Sabrar, bessie, BoomFrog)
BoomFrog - 3 (Vicarin, LaserGuy, mpolo)

Not Voting: Madge

It is now Night. Please send in your night actions. Night deadline is 8pm UTC, Friday the 17th of August.

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:23 pm UTC

Day 4: Hidden Loyalties

It was miserable outside. Gusts of freezing cold wind led to the individuals forced outside clutching their cloaks closely to them. Groups of novices huddled together as they hurried between the buildings. A handful of soldiers marched through the village, frozen hands grasping the wooden hafts of their polearms.

Egwene stood at the window of her office, thankful for the ability to ignore the cold. Her thoughts troubled her. She knew that there were of course people who didn’t agree with everything she decided to do. Romanda and Lelaine had been opposed to each other constantly in the Hall, and she knew that they both had supporters. But hearing of somebody stand up and openly declare there opposition to a formal investigation the way it had been reported was disheartening. Couldn’t the Sisters see that what she was doing was necessary to ensure the continued success of the Rebellion?
As she stood there, a knock came at the door. “Come in,” she said, turning to the door. Elayne walked in. “Mother,” the future Queen of Andor said, curtsying.

“Enough with the formalities, Elayne, you know that,” Egwene said to her friend. “I hope you don’t mind being taken away from your experiments with making those ter’angreal?”

“Of course not. They’ll wait, I’m sure. I assume you would like to go and look at Berana’s room to see what can be found out?”

“Indeed. Shall we proceed?”

The pair of them hurried through the chill air to a nearby cottage. Once inside, the two of them began looking around. After a few moments, the Amyrlin picked up a small box, sat on the table and flicked open its lid. As she was about to look inside, a burst of flame rushed out of the box. Startled, she dropped it to the floor, where it quickly stopped burning. There was nothing left of the contents except ash.

“Are you alright?” the other woman asked.

“Yes. I’m okay. Just startled,” Egwene responded, cursing to herself silently. She should have known that if an Aes Sedai had secrets to conceal, they’d be warded to prevent unwanted individuals discovering them. No further searching of the room revealed anything. It was clear that SOMETHING was odd with Berana, but it wasn’t clear what.

“I think that is all we can do here,” she said eventually. “It would be best if you go and return to the council. They should be starting the day’s discussions shortly.”

The two went their separate ways.

Vicarin was lynched.

Role PM:
Spoiler:
You are Berana Shemon, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah. Your abilities with logic allow you to determine what the skills and talents of those around you are. Each night, you may PM the mods the name of a player. You will be informed of their personal ability. In addition, any time you perform a kill, you know how to cover your tracks, and cannot be seen by Watcher or Tracker-style powers. Finally, your flip will not reveal the name of the faction you are in, only that you are anti-town. Your win condition will still be revealed.

Primary Win Condition: You are a member of <redacted - an anti-town faction>. You win when your faction controls the votals, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Secondary Win Condition: Prideful: Your target is wam. If wam is Town, they must survive to the end of the game. If they are not Town, they must be the first non-Town to die (for any reason).
It is now Day 3. Deadline will be Wednesday evening next week. Exact time TBC.

Votals:

Not voting: Everybody

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

LaserGuy

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D4)

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:58 pm UTC

Finally, your flip will not reveal the name of the faction you are in, only that you are anti-town. Your win condition will still be revealed.

Primary Win Condition: You are a member of <redacted - an anti-town faction>. You win when your faction controls the votals, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

This concerns me a bit.

I targeted BoomFrog last night and observed him to be visited by two other players. The observed powers are consistent with what others have claimed this game.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:22 pm UTC

Does your power show who targeted the target? I also targeted BF.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 pm UTC

LG and Mpolo targeted BF.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:30 pm UTC

I get powers, but not names. I wanted to see if your result would match up with mine.

I saw a watcher and a jailer.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 pm UTC

Sorry I missed the end of yesterday, I had some crazy days at work (on site more --> less time to post). Including one site visit where a guy with a blood alcohol level more than three times our legal limit (0.05) hit two teenagers, one of whom later died :(

Anyway, nobody visited me. I won't reveal which power I used or on whom just yet. Want to let the scummier people claim so we can line everything up.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:07 am UTC

Madge wrote:Anyway, nobody visited me. I won't reveal which power I used or on whom just yet. Want to let the scummier people claim so we can line everything up.
You are the scummier people. So Madge, who did you target last night? And what did you really target me with on N2?

I have a non-town result on Sabrar.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 am UTC

@LG: That makes sense. I am the watcher and mpolo is the jailer. This gives Mpolo a good bit of townie cred, unless you two are scum mates.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:22 am UTC

For obvious reasons I didn't want to claim this but BoomFrog was right. I'm Survivor.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:06 am UTC

Your claim fits with some of my observations.

I would like to hear Madge’s claim before I post updated setup spec.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:47 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:For obvious reasons I didn't want to claim this but BoomFrog was right. I'm Survivor.

Do you mind claiming Ajah/flavor?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 am UTC

Green/battle-veteran who got tired of the politics and just wants to retire in peace.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 am UTC

my flavor was that a lot of people wanted to talk to me last night. So I guess that was some hint that I've been targeted by multiple people. I was certainly roleblocked as I still have the ter'agreal. (It must be passed on each night)

@Sabrar: a survivor claim toDay is less believable then it was yesterDay. Tell me why it's impossible for us to have a cult in this game?

@LaserGuy: Tell me why my "roleblock choices were ridiculous.". Also, you seem very concerned about flavor justifications. I'm sure if you are scum you've figured out a good one by now, but what is yours?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:42 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar: a survivor claim toDay is less believable then it was yesterDay.
BoomFrog wrote:If there is a Survivor out there it would be great if you claim. You've won the game we're not going to do anything to you, we're going to lynch Vic. Would save us a lot of stress.
I thought about this and I decided not to. 2 main reasons:
1. If game doesn't end then I'm outted as non-town and an obvious lynch-candidate.
2. Seriously? Save you guys the stress? No. Just no.

BoomFrog wrote:Tell me why it's impossible for us to have a cult in this game?
I never said it was impossible but I find it hard to believe for balance reasons. Assume 7-2-1-1 starting setup. Mislynch D1, successful kill and recruit N1 respectively means 4-2-2-1 setup D2 and Town is already in minority.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 am UTC

bessie wrote:Your claim fits with some of my observations.

Doctored laserguy.

I did doctor bessie N2, i felt stupid for doing so once i remembered she was macho. but i was rushing to submit my action so...
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 am UTC

This lack of clarity is maddening. Vicarin claimed to be in the R faction, though the secondary win condition would be really nasty in that case - knowing that your only partner (?) has to go before you.

There was no kill, which is consistent with a cult or else some kind of arsonist type power. Or Boomfrog is the last killer.

As others have determined, I jailed Boomfrog. I haven't looked at the night PM yet. If there's something there, I'll be back...
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:52 am UTC

Vicarin and wam being in separate factions does not make sense. Note that their win-condition talks about faction and controlling the vote so we can assume that both either had a buddy initially or could recruit. Both of them had a kill-related power so now we are missing 4 kills in total during the 3 nights. That just seems extremely unlikely.
I just can't see what the purpose of hiding Vicarin's faction was supposed to accomplish, except if it's only there to confuse us.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:40 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:2. Seriously? Save you guys the stress? No. Just no.
Really? After everything we’ve done for you? We lynched wam just so that he could have the next game ready when this game finishes, so that you won’t have to wait.

And because wam was scum, I guess.

mpolo wrote:There was no kill, which is consistent with a cult or else some kind of arsonist type power. Or Boomfrog is the last killer.
Sabrar wrote:Vicarin and wam being in separate factions does not make sense. Note that their win-condition talks about faction and controlling the vote so we can assume that both either had a buddy initially or could recruit. Both of them had a kill-related power so now we are missing 4 kills in total during the 3 nights. That just seems extremely unlikely.
If there are two anti town factions, each with a kill, they are not both necessarily every night kills. They could be odd/even, or have a different restriction. The factional abilities are not revealed in the flip, see here.
jimMod wrote:A player's flip will include all information in bold in a player's role PM except for names and numbers of team-mates and any factional abilities that they may have access to.

Why not an arsonist or a poisoner type role? Why not a recruiting role with a specific target? Why am I not dead?

Madge wrote:Doctored laserguy.
Madge, why didn’t you target mpolo?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:29 pm UTC

bessie wrote:They could be odd/even, or have a different restriction
wam having even night would explain why Vicarin was not strongman-ed N1. It doesn't explain though why you survived N2 or why Vicarin took the credit for heury's kill.
bessie wrote:Why not an arsonist or a poisoner type role?
Both scum's role-pm use the word 'kill', arsonist simply doesn't fit the terminology in my opinion. Poison is a possibility but we didn't see any evidence of it yet.
bessie wrote:Why am I not dead?
Either kill was blocked or you're recruited. Or poisoned/doused.

What is your updated setup-spec?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:00 pm UTC

Madge wrote:
bessie wrote:Your claim fits with some of my observations.

Doctored laserguy.

I did doctor bessie N2, i felt stupid for doing so once i remembered she was macho. but i was rushing to submit my action so...

why did you not roleblock when we had strong suspicion of a cult and doctor wouldn't help then? Also am I off the very nice list?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:03 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@Sabrar: a survivor claim toDay is less believable then it was yesterDay.
BoomFrog wrote:If there is a Survivor out there it would be great if you claim. You've won the game we're not going to do anything to you, we're going to lynch Vic. Would save us a lot of stress.
I thought about this and I decided not to. 2 main reasons:
1. If game doesn't end then I'm outted as non-town and an obvious lynch-candidate.
2. Seriously? Save you guys the stress? No. Just no.

BoomFrog wrote:Tell me why it's impossible for us to have a cult in this game?
I never said it was impossible but I find it hard to believe for balance reasons. Assume 7-2-1-1 starting setup. Mislynch D1, successful kill and recruit N1 respectively means 4-2-2-1 setup D2 and Town is already in minority.

Taking out the Assumption of a survivor that leave town at 5 to 2 on a missed lunch and perfect gum Night results. Doesn't seem unreasonable. Town has the majority and is likely to dentist come. Scum are likely to hit each other. It's high variance and town has less then a 50% chance of winning, but that is how multi-ball works.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:05 pm UTC

Woops forgot to check the voice to text.
EBWOP: Taking out the assumption of a survivor that leaves town at 5 2 2 on a misslynch and perfect scum night results. Doesn't seem unreasonable. Town has the majority and is likely to lynch scum.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:10 pm UTC

Okay, am I in wam's team or Vicarin's? Explain my D2 or D3 vote in either case. Explain why I didn't kill bessie when I had the perfect opportunity to do so last night. You're just struggling.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Why am I not dead?
Either kill was blocked or you're recruited. Or poisoned/doused.
Thought of another for you. Remaining scum is GF.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm UTC

Actually that's less likely. It just means that you weren't targeted but doesn't explain the lack of nk.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:20 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@LaserGuy: Tell me why my "roleblock choices were ridiculous.".

Already explained:
LaserGuy wrote:For the record, I'm opposed to the plan that involves two of the scummiest players roleblocking two of the towniest.

Also, you seem very concerned about flavor justifications. I'm sure if you are scum you've figured out a good one by now, but what is yours?

I might answer this if someone from Town asks me about it. But my observations so far are that flavor is at least somewhat relevant to game state.

Sabrar wrote:I just can't see what the purpose of hiding Vicarin's faction was supposed to accomplish, except if it's only there to confuse us.

It could be as simple as preventing the game from being broken by a mass flavor claim. If Vic had flipped "Romanda's faction" in his role PM, and Romanda was a known player in the game (wam), that would be... problematic.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:30 pm UTC

Sabrar, I’m here. I have a standing appointment every other Saturday morning.
Spoiler:
Hey look, glitter nail polish!
still town.jpg
still town.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 304 times

Ok first, my reads this game have been, hmmm, fair. I was right about Vicarin and wam, wrong about moody. Currently, my prideful overconfident logician self is having trouble accepting that I was possibly so wrong about the setup.

I don’t really have an updated setup spec yet. I wanted to prod Madge for more information because her claims so far are the most troublesome to me as I reconsider the setup. I really want an answer to the question in my last post, but knowing Madge, it may be a while, and I can’t wait all weekend.

I had some suspicion Sabrar was non-town for a while, but had problems reconciling non-town Sabrar with my 8-2-1 (recruit/traitor/mafia supporter) setup spec. Sabrar being indie fits with my read of him, the survivor claim especially so, and answers my open question about the fish bowl. But possible that he knew it would.

Madge’s claims are troubling to me.

Claims:
N1 targeted Vicarin, passed ter’angreal.
N2 targeted bessie with doctor.
N3 targeted LaserGuy with doctor.

I’m suspicious of the N2 and N3 claims on several levels. I didn’t really think we had a cult, the D3 discussion was to keep Vicarin talking. Indie arsonist type role is still possible, but I need to consider the odd interactions with BoomFrog.

Anyway, just got home, this is what I was thinking about all day. More in a bit after I think about today’s content.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote: my flavor was that a lot of people wanted to talk to me last night. So I guess that was some hint that I've been targeted by multiple people. I was certainly roleblocked as I still have the ter'agreal. (It must be passed on each night)
I’ve been thinking about this. There hasn’t been any indication that Mark and LaserGuy are Loud (unless I missed it, I’ll look out for it on reread).

Sabrar wrote: It doesn't explain though why you survived N2 or why Vicarin took the credit for heury's kill.

Speculation:
-Was I targeted with a kill N2? Couldn’t have been, unless bus driver or second redirector.
-wam’s faction wanted to leave me alive N2 because they were certain I would tunnel Vicarin D3 (not that hard to guess).
-Vicarin is not in wam’s faction, but claimed wam’s faction D3 and the NK to cover for a well hidden partner.
-I’m naïve or insane. No. Eliminated with my N3 result and Sabrar’s claim (I already decided I was sane on D3 anyway).
-There’s a godfather that has already been copped, or is hoping to be copped.

BoomFrog wrote: Taking out the Assumption of a survivor that leave town at 5 to 2 on a missed lunch and perfect gum Night results. Doesn't seem unreasonable. Town has the majority and is likely to dentist come.
This is a thing of beauty and you should always use voice to text.

Return to “Mafia”