Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm UTC

plytho wrote:No, you said you fibbed about Kirk when you made that role pm.

William Shatner role name, real win condition.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm UTC

So, I am stuck with a really strange position here. I knew from the beginning of the game that Vanilla was a possible role (and suspected that I might have a resurrection power, which I almost discarded as a theory since it would seem to break the "bold text can be believed" rule). As a result, Madge's claim of Vanilla seems much less out of left field to me than the others. On the other hand, her unhelpfulness is fairly exasperating, and makes me wonder if she just realized that my circumlocutions on D1 were essentially a vanilla town claim that she is riding in on afterwards.

Until moody's claim turned out to be manufactured, I felt pretty good about him. With the manufactured claim he slips a bit. On the other hand, I had assumed that there was some mechanism in play that made claiming your character a bad thing, so could understand a survivor avoiding it. (Ninja: Looking worse here…)

Sabrar's claimed kill power (technically since the quotes are totally fakeable, we still don't know that it really exists) would be extremely unbalanced for a scum power (night kill and day kill both?). Slight bonus on the credibility from the pause between the result and getting the flavor.

I have seen no good reason to suspect somotomi.

Plytho's case against ConMan was clearly misplaced, considering the flip. Still likely coming from a townie place.

Which leaves the two scummiest choices the same ones everybody else has got, but with a gut feeling that something is wrong… Current lean is to vote for Madge, though with a double vote, I can't really do so until there is consensus.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:40 pm UTC

@mpolo: obviously I cannot prove that I have the claimed power but I can show how I breadcrumbed it early D1 if that helps.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:01 pm UTC

Allright, let's talk.

Everyone seems to agree we're lynching Madge or moody today. Mpolo is leaning Madge, I think the rest of us are leaning moody.

I'm leaning moody because I feel he actually slipped twice. Once early D1 when he implied he wasn't town and again when he implied he wrote his own pm. I'm almost as confident about Madge though.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:10 pm UTC

I'm leaning towards moody too, that remark about making the role PM really feels like a slip to me.
Sabrar wrote:@mpolo, somitomi: could you have a look at plytho's statements and my issues with them regarding the 'slip' he found from ConMan? I've collected all links below to save you some time.

ConMan's explanation really didn't square with how his list looked (mpolo wasn't at the end), apparently that was a mistake on his end. There is a slight shift in plytho's problem with ConMan, but that seems like a mistake town could make. The timeline troubles you pointed out are a concerning a little, because plytho's explanation is a bit post-hoc. I'm not sure what to make of this now.
Sabrar wrote:@mpolo: obviously I cannot prove that I have the claimed power but I can show how I breadcrumbed it early D1 if that helps.

I would like to see that, the possibility of you faking it crossed my mind too.
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:17 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:I would like to see that, the possibility of you faking it crossed my mind too.
I'm sure you remember me being day-vig in Secret Santa, I like symmetry so decided to do it the same way this game (except that in SS jimbob gave me a perfect cue). Holy enforcer = enforcer of the will of god = enforcer of the will of the mod. Mod is against people claiming their role and I am his weapon.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 pm UTC

As I said before I would prefer lynching moody but Madge is an acceptable alternative as well.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:On the other hand, her unhelpfulness is fairly exasperating

When this game is over and moody and Sabrar have flipped not only scum, but on the teams I predicted, you'll realise I was being very helpful.

Actually, question: if moody goes before me, and he flips the team I predicted he'd come on, will you guys be more inclined to believe me about Sabrar?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:17 am UTC

@mpolo, do you feel like convincing us that Madge is the better lynch or are you fine with moody? How strong do you feel about them? The rest of us have a soft preference for moody, while you seem to have a sort preference for Madge. So moody seems the preference today unless you feel strongly about Madge.

Madge wrote:When this game is over and moody and Sabrar have flipped not only scum, but on the teams I predicted, you'll realise I was being very helpful.
There's a difference between being right and being helpful. Being right is not enough, you need to be able to convince us in order to be helpful. If you're right and you play like this consistently and keep being right you'll be helpful in future games.

Madge wrote:Actually, question: if moody goes before me, and he flips the team I predicted he'd come on, will you guys be more inclined to believe me about Sabrar?
I don't think so. Predicting moody is C is quite easy when you're B yourself.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:36 am UTC

Ugh, I forgot people think I"m scum, and if I'm scum predicting the team of another scum isn't very helpful. Damnit. I was hoping if moody flips the way I think he will (and watch him turn out to be SK, that would be just my luck), I would end up getting cred. Obviously not. Grr!!!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:25 pm UTC

Vote: moody

I will be around to switch if necessary.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 pm UTC

Votals

Moody7277 - 2 - Madge, sabrar
Madge - 1 - Moody7277

Not voting: Plytho, Somitomi, Mpolo

Deadline Tuesday evening uk time. 7pm BST (UTC +1)

Night will be 24 hours approximately but I am travelling so may not be exact.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 pm UTC

I'll be pretty much alert until deadline.

I'll hold my (moody) vote for now in case anyone has anything they still want to say today.

I'm good btw. I'm fine with a hammer at this point if everyone else is.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:09 pm UTC

I agree with plytho that a hammer at this point is not something to be feared as discussion has basically died down. Therefore I would urge everyone to vote so there can't be any last minute shenanigans.

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:53 pm UTC

Vote:moody

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:33 pm UTC

Quick phone post, should I hammer?
—◯-◯

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:35 pm UTC

I see mpolo's here so wait please.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 pm UTC

Vote: moody

plytho

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 pm UTC

So, nothing to add, Mpolo?

wam

Postby wam » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:00 pm UTC

Votals

Moody7277 - 5 - Madge, sabrar, plytho, mpolo
Madge - 1 - Moody7277

Not voting: Somitomi,

Night will be 24 hours approximately but I am travelling so may not be exact.

That is hammer. Moody was hammered but no one was lynched.

End of day 3

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 pm UTC

Work and travel have got in the way. Will start day 4 tomorrow morning.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 am UTC

End of day 3 flavour

You all gather round and string up Moody. However the body seems unusually unresponsive even before it's hung. Meanwhile someone appears to be watching from the bushes

No one was lynched day 3

you all gather around and try to see who is missing again, plytho is missing and you search his room and find various explosives. Meanwhile on cctv both Moody and somitomi are seen leaving plytho room during the night. Moody makes an appearance at breakfast and explains he sent a stunt double in his place for the lynch.

Plytho is dead they were jet li and a member of mafia C.

Mafia C has been eliminated

It is now the start of day 4.

5 players alive 4 votes to hammer.

Votals

Not voting: sabrar, moody7277, Madge, somitomi, mpolo

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:18 am UTC

vote: Sabrar

Plytho's flip shocked me, though I should have seen it coming in retrospect. Since I think only one of {plytho, moody} is scum, Sabrar is the remaining scum.

@moody: sorry for getting it wrong. i still don't trust you because your claim is shady but I don't have any good reason from thinking you're scum apart from that, whereas I'm now pretty certain Sabrar is scum.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:19 am UTC

moody and somitomi leaving plytho's room during the night? does that mean one of them killed? or is that italics just flavour and not game relevant?

when the flavour refers to moody and somitomi leaving plytho's room during the night, is that true or is that just flavour?

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:21 am UTC

@Sabrar: why did you kill bessie?

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:28 am UTC

Madge wrote:when the flavour refers to moody and somitomi leaving plytho's room during the night, is that true or is that just flavour?

No comment

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:21 am UTC

Also deadline will be Monday evening uk time.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 am UTC

I'm pretty surprised to have survived the night here. The "CCTV" information is not bold-faced, so I wouldn't take it as gospel truth. In particular, moody has shown enough power to not likely have a night power (though we can't rule out his being mafia with a one-shot lynch-proof).

@somitomi: Did you visit plytho last night?

I fear that Sabrar will have guessed my rolename, if he is scum. Fortunately, his power seems OP for scum. I am near certain that moody has guessed my rolename.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 am UTC

Madge wrote:@Sabrar: why did you kill bessie?
So this is what you're going with? bessie was B, killed by C which is now eliminated. You just don't make sense anymore.
BTW I have a result from last night:
wam wrote:the high quality tailored bulletproof suit earnt its keep last night and now has a bullet hole in it

You used up a 1 shot bulletproof ability last night.

This wasn't hinted in my role-pm at all but came very useful.

Looks like moody is really Survivor with Lynchproof? Don't see scum getting that ability (but could be because chaos).

Would like to hear any claims from somitomi and moody, the flavor looks like a public Watcher-result to me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:33 am UTC

@mpolo: you revealed way too much and I have a pretty good idea. Obviously not going to use it. In fact now I'm more confident in trying to get Madge. And since she's never going to reveal her true name I might as well go with my only guess.

Kill:Madge:Megan Fox

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 am UTC

Madge wrote:Since I think only one of {plytho, moody} is scum, Sabrar is the remaining scum.
No, this is backwards. You started by claiming that I was scum not the other way around.

Madge wrote:whereas I'm now pretty certain Sabrar is scum.
You've been stating this for the past two weeks. plytho's flip shouldn't have influenced your decision. Your wording/reasoning is inconsistent, similar to plytho's argument wrt ConMan's 'slip'.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:29 am UTC

So is everybody just waiting on wam to resolve my shot?

@somitomi: why not post your thoughts before we know the result and the potential flip?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 am UTC

Seems wam won't post, so just to let you know, I guessed wrong.
wam wrote:You again line your target this time Megan fox up against the wall. Put a bullet through her. Unfortunately it again turns out to be a cardboard cutout.

your kill failed.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am UTC

Re-reading bessie I think moody is a bit more likely partner of hers based on her read-list here though she also defended Madge D1 (quite uncharacteristically from her) and she voted ConMan when it was him or Madge. So now I'm torn.
However with 1 nk gone we can comfortably lynch either and get the other tomorrow.

In other news I will spam you all into oblivion if you won't post. :evil:

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am UTC

Votals

Sabrar- 1 - madge

Not voting: sabrar, moody7277, somitomi, mpolo

Deadline Monday evening uk time.

mpolo

Re: Wams chaos game day 4 (Or the thread where sabrar talks to himself)

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:29 pm UTC

I'm kind of waiting on somitomi -- if he visited plytho last night, then I would think moody a likely scum candidate still. (Because of flavor.)

Of course, I think we were all reading plytho as town. Knowing that he was Mafia C, his push against moody doesn't really say a lot, except that they are clearly cross-aligned (whether indie and mafia or mafia B and mafia C). But that is obvious by Mafia C being eliminated.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:07 pm UTC

Two and a half for three.

Sabrar wrote:Would like to hear any claims from somitomi and moody, the flavor looks like a public Watcher-result to me.

I am a meat popsicle. (oh wait, that was huery)

Do you want to comment on the Madge-bessie buddy thoughts I have here, or is my cred still so low that you'd dispute math from me?

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:20 pm UTC

Your links don't work for me, you have to replace the 't=125100' part with the 'p...' that comes after.
But I assume your are talking about the same points that I raised earlier. That's why I say I'm torn, I can easily see a connection between bessie and Madge just as I can see it between you and bessie. You never actually expressed an opinion on bessie after this as far as I can see.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:44 pm UTC

That thread subtitle though...

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Your links don't work for me, you have to replace the 't=125100' part with the 'p...' that comes after.
But I assume your are talking about the same points that I raised earlier. That's why I say I'm torn, I can easily see a connection between bessie and Madge just as I can see it between you and bessie. You never actually expressed an opinion on bessie after this as far as I can see.

Well, live and learn on the link thing, I was just using the Chrome right click copy link option which apparently doesn't work as needed when looking at the author sorted post list.

Reconstructing my thoughts at the time, I was doing a few post-by-posts, bessie would have been a low priority at the time based on the post you cited, and then came jimbob's post noticing how I had implicitly admitted not being town and the whole rabbit hole from there.

Return to “Mafia”