Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wam

Re: Wams chaos game day 5

Postby wam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:12 am UTC

Role pls

Mafia B
Somitomi

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Helen Mirren abd you :twisted: have decided that you need to show that women can be just as badass as the men. To do that you have teamed up with Sigorny Weaver to take out all of the other action heros you can. The fact some don’t view you as an action hero you can use to your advantage to remove suspicoun. However, when killing your notierity may work against you.

You are mafia B with Bessie. You can chat at all times by pm or by quick topic, please keep the mod ccd on all pms. Each night one of you may carry out the factional kill, please pm the mod with XXX kills XXX. You are a god father, to all investigative roles (including watcher and tracker) you will not appear suspicious. You win when your faction is the only 1 remaining or this is inevitable.

Unknown aspects, unrecruitable and kill is noisy in flavour.

Bessie

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Sigorny Weaver and you have decided that you need to show that women can be just as badass as the men. To do that you have teamed up with Helen Mirran to take out all of the other action heros you can. All that avoiding aliens has taught you to be very sneaky, especially at night.

You are mafia B with somitomi. You can chat at all times by pm or by quick topic, please keep the mod ccd on all pms. Each night one of you may carry out the factional kill, please pm the mod with XXX kills XXX. You are a ninja you will not appear to any trackers/watchers if you carry out the nk. If you are targeted by a tracker/watcher someone else will be shown targeting the night kill victim. You win when your faction is the only 1 remaining or this is inevitable.

Mafia C

Mark cangila

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Jet li and have decided to show that the Asian sterotypes in action films are plain wrong. To do so you have teamed up with Jackie chan to take out all the other action heros. You are going away from your martial art routes this time and are going to embrace the American way. “There is no such thing as overkill”. However doing so will be noticed.

You are mafia C with plytho. You can chat at all times by pm or by quick topic, please keep the mod ccd on all pms. Each night one of you may carry out the factional kill, please pm the mod with XXX kills XXX. You are a strongman and nothing can stop you from carrying out the kill. You win when your faction is the only 1 remaining or this is inevitable.

Unknown aspects - kill.is noisy and unrecruitable

Note I had internet issues and lost the flavour I wrote about Mark pushing a big red button. Also I gave Mark plythos role name by accident.

Plytho

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Jackie Chan and have decided to show that the Asian sterotypes in action films are plain wrong. To do so you have teamed up with Jet Li to take out all the other action heros. You have done so many films and have picked up lots of tips on makeup and set design, you can use this to your advantage to seed confusion and chaos.

You are mafia C with Mark_canigla. You can chat at all times by pm or by quick topic, please keep the mod ccd on all pms. Each night one of you may carry out the factional kill, please pm the mod with XXX kills XXX. You are a framer/obscurer, twice in the game you can obscure the faction reveal of a dead player and twice per game you can target a player and they will appear guilty to any investigative roles. You can only use 1 action per night, please PM the mod with the target during the night. You win when your faction is the only 1 remaining or this is inevitable.

Unknown aspects. Framer makes target also look guilty in flavour.

Serial killer
Sabrar

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Keanu reeves, what no one realises is that john wick wasn’t fiction it was biographical. You don’t care what happens as long as you avenge the guy who killed your dog. Not knowing who in the group it was you have decided there is a simple way forward. Kill everyone and the guilty party will get justice. The collateral damage doesn’t really matter to you.

You are a serial killer. Once per day you can name a player and there character name in thread in bold. If you are correct they will die that day. You also have 3 one shot nk’s, you can use one per night by PMing the mod the name of a player. You win if you are the last player left alive or that is inevitable.

Unknown aspects - 1 off lunch immunity 2 off nk immunity. Unrecruitable

Cult
Moody7277

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Sylvester Stallone, you really need more action heros to bulk out the expendables. This action hero getaway is a perfect opportunity that your not going to let go.

You are a cult leader each night you may pm the mod with a player name and you will attempt to recruit them. If you are successful they will be added to your cult. You have chat at all times with your cultees, by either PM or quick topic. Please keep the mod ccd on all communications. You win when your faction is the only 1 remaining or this is inevitable

Unknown aspects. 1 off lunch immunity 2 off nk immunity.

Have run out of time will do the rest in a bit.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:43 am UTC

Shout-outs

heuristically_alone: you had one of the most interesting roles, I'm sad we didn't get to see it in action. Hope everything's fine on your end.

moody: terrible luck on the recruitment but at least you got to stick around until the end. You did all that you could, don't let your meta discourage you. It felt kind of like you already gave up.

Madge: if you had gone for another approach you could have caused me a lot of trouble. This forceful Madge was just so unlike your previous play-patterns, it made it easier to dismiss your claims. But I understand your frustration, this was a very tough role to play even though you used your abilities perfectly.

Vicarin: I knew I should not have gone into that argument wit you at the end of D1 (even though I still think I was kind of right). But then again that is the
heart of the game. I don't think this game will help me read you better in the future but we'll have to see.

plytho: I had the early hunch that you were scum, the problem is that I'm having way too many of these and I need to learn which to trust. You played very well and now it's even more confirmed that catching you will be hard in future games.

BoomFrog: I was very sad that you subbed out. Good call on using the redirect N1 (drawing 2 nk-s is always an achievement), I would have done the same. I enjoy your gambits but as this game showed they can also backfire and distract from 'true' scum-hunting.

ConMan: thanks for subbing in! I'm sorry you got lynched immediately, I still think the correct play (in a normal game) would have been to publish the whole redirect-list right from the start but that requires multiple townie-investigative roles to exist.

jimbobmacdoodle: I hope I actually managed to crack the jimbob-code but seeing I was scum this isn't the best environment to rely on that result. Let's see if it works next time I'm town... You played a great game (see my comment to BoomFrog) despite not getting your reads right.

bessie: I apologize for ignoring you all game :) Had I been town we would have had a big ruccus because of your early slip but you can be comfortable in knowing that I don't dare to pick a fight with you when I'm scum. Your sheeping did not stand out for me as others did the same, I shall look out for more of that in the future. Hope the job-hunt goes well!

somitomi: you played very well, managing to avoid suspicion all game. That Watcher claim was also a nice touch, I sort of gave you that for free but you made a good decision to run with it.

mpolo: I would have gone crazy with your role, having to sit out whole days. You shouldn't have revealed anything about your role-name (though I managed to guess it based on public info only so it didn't really matter).

Mark_Cangila: you got unlucky with the redirect but your content was very good if a bit light. I don't think you'll be able to play the newbie card anymore though...

wam: thanks for the great setup and the truly unique roles! I feel town was pretty weak and CL and SK had too much protection, but otherwise it was truly anyone's game.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:54 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:wam: thanks for the great setup and the truly unique roles! I feel town was pretty weak and CL and SK had too much protection, but otherwise it was truly anyone's game.

About halfway through I realised I had given so and co too much protection! I did debate changing it and decided that was too bastardly.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:47 am UTC

Any chance of getting links to scum-chat?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:05 am UTC

This was a fun game!

Congrats to Sabrar and moody.

I've learned that I'm bad at reads but I'm hard to read myself. I actually realize I've never been on a proper single scum team, so I might get caught if that ever happens.

Here's our chat.

heuristically_alone: I hope you're ok

(I see heury has been online since he disappeared so that's good. Flicky was going to try and contact him outside the fora.)

Sabrar: well played, I tried to kill you mostly because I was trying to prove Madge wrong. But I knew something was off when bessie died and I didn't kill her.

moody7277: I'm amazed how long you stuck around and I would have loved to have joined your cult.

Madge: That was a tough role for you to play. I wish I'd caught on to it. I was actually expecting you to have an mpolo-like role.

Vicarin:
Spoiler:
Not
sorry for switching the lynch to you. I didn't see what was scummy about you. If I'd been more confident I'd have kept your flip visible to start pushing your three wagon leaders and got you some scum for your death.

BoomFrog: Sorry you had to go.

ConMan: I really thought you were scum, messing with the results. Still, thanks for saving me N1, although it did cost me my partner.

jimbobmacdoodle: I'm glad I killed you. I'm pretty scared of your deductive skills.

bessie: I framed you N2, hoping to get a mislynch. I really didn't think you were scum.

somitomi: Well played, somi. I had an inkling of suspicion near the end (the bessie kill didn't match) but only because nobody else was left, solid play.

mpolo: last townie standing! Were you trying to look scummy D1 or did I just totally misread you? Your comeback was nice but I guess there was way too much scum by that point.

Mark_Cangila: You played well D1, too bad you got redirected to yourself N1. I would have loved for you to stick around a bit longer. I think we would have had a shot here.

wam: I loved the game. I think I felt it wasn't as chaotic as I expected at some point, but that was when I still thought this was 8-2-2 :D Some nice surprises at the end. I think the problem with the immunities is that they only came into use when it was already too late in the game. If they'd popped up earlier they might have worked better.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm UTC

Other role pms
Jimbobmacdoodle

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Jason Statham, the worlds most generic action hero. Whilst you have been invited to the get together you are unavoidably detained. When you get there you plan is to be british and help the underdog by assuming whatever role will balance things out.

You are the generic replacement. You will not play day 1 and will assume the role and alignment of whichever player dies first.

Mpolo

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Arnold Schwarzenegger, you always want the good guys to win and you don’t approve of all these shenanigans going on. And remember your standard catch phrase “I’ll be back”.

You are town, you win when town is the only faction remaining.

Unknown aspect: comes back from death up to 5 times. New power each time. Double vote, cop, watcher doctor

Madge

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are C huck N orris, the ultimate action hero and want the good guys to win whoever they may be. As a result you have many powers to choose from but being C huck N orris you don’t go for simple things as claiming your results.

At the start of the day phase you will be notified which of the set of powers below you can use that night. If you don’t use them that night you will lose them permanently. You are not allowed to claim or even hint at any results, if pressed you must claim vanilla town.

Powers

3 shot cop

3 shot doctor

3 shot watcher

3 shot tracker

no power

no power

Vicarin

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Chalize theron and you are there because mad max is a proper action movie and you are going to prove so by being on the side of the right and honourable players. Unknown to the other players you are a trained medic and can use that during the night.

You are a doctor you can protect up to two players a night. Please PM the mod with the name(s) of the players each night, they will be protected from a kill. If you want you can name the same player twice and they will be protected from 2 kills.

Huery

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Bruce Willis as always you are here to save the day and ensure the correct team wins. All this time crawling around in air ducts has given you the ability to sneak up and listen to conversations going on. Also as such a well known action hero you can basically write your own scripts.

You are a listener each night you will be sent snippets of chats. Each night you can also PM the mod statements that will be worked into the flavour.

Unknown aspect. Insane listener gets sent snippets from previous chats.

Boomfrog/Conman

Spoiler:
wam wrote:You are Angeline Jolie your tomb raider past may be a while ago but you still get the invites. Despite your checkered archology you still believe in the good guys winning. You know how to host a great party and can use that and the confusion that follows it to your advantage. You also possess a magical artefact you found filming in the jungle.

Once per game you can randomly redirect all night actions. You will be sent a list of the changed targets the day after. Once per game you can revive a dead/lynched player, please PM the mod the details within 24 hours of the players death being announced in thread.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:05 pm UTC

Shame we didn't get to see Heury's role in action, it's pure genius. Throughout the game I felt like it was full of surprises but now I'm wondering how we didn't get way more curveballs than this. I enjoyed it thoroughly though, would play again. Props to wam for putting it together.
—◯-◯

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:37 pm UTC

Fun game :) Congrats to Sabrar and moody.

@Conman, @somitomi, @Mark_Cangila: Texas Hold'em is in signups if you're looking for revenge against some of these characters ;)

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:mpolo: I would have gone crazy with your role, having to sit out whole days. You shouldn't have revealed anything about your role-name (though I managed to guess it based on public info only so it didn't really matter).

I realized after my statement that I didn't hide well enough. But by that time I had to roll with it.

I wasn't trying to look scummy on D1 -- Thinking that I was vanilla town, I wasn't overly concerned with being mislynched, though.
Image <-- Evil experiment

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 am UTC

Finally, my shout outs, better late than never (but I did warn everyone that I would be extremely busy this week).

Mafia B’s Totally Best Scum Chat Ever

heuristically_alone – Come back I miss you.

Vicarin – I am always encouraged by your continued enthusiasm for the game even after you are dead, keep posting all your thoughts and questions in spoilers. I will pm you my feedback.

Mark_Cangila – You played an excellent game, I had you as solid town. This was a great post, you attacked me, gave a reason, and you made a small error and misread the context (which convinced me you weren’t being coached). When Sabrar questioned you on it you responded with a townie reaction in your next post.
Mark_Cangila in scum chat wrote:It would be..... interesting to kill jimbob and see town try to figure it out.
:shock: You’re going to be a dangerous adversary in the future and I hope to play with you again soon.

BoomFrog – Is BoomFrog, just the way I like it. :) I think this game’s gambit would have been more successful if there were more townies, or if the players that are most disposed to play off your antics (me me me, Sabrar, plytho) weren’t scum. N1 must be one of the most successful uses of a power ever. You spoiled my plans for killing plytho, and your gambit set me up for a day of arguing with jimbob, but playing with you is so much fun that I don’t even care <3.

ConMan – Thank you so much for subbing in, sorry you got lynched so quickly but you were an easy target as a replacement, more so with previously being BoomFrog. :P Hope to play with you again when you aren’t as busy, you don’t play with us nearly often enough.

mpolo – Sorry for attacking you as hard as I did on D1 and taking advantage of your low activity level. If I were town I would have defended you, but you were at the top of my “eliminate early” list because you’re such a good player, and you usually figure out the game by D3.
bessie in scum chat wrote:I’m secretly scared to death of mpolo and if we don’t get him lynched soon we’re going to have to kill him

moody7277:lol: This game was a mix of total moody-meta and moody-anti-meta. You claimed non-town, never got a recruit, made it to endgame, and shared a win. I was thoroughly entertained seeing everyone’s surprise and confusion (including yours) when you didn’t die on D3.

jimbobmacdoodle – I was contented to draw your attention to me and away from somitomi (as his appeared to have the more powerful role), unfortunately for you your deductive skills are too powerful and somitomi got concerned and killed you for it. Next time, don’t be so smart. :P

Madge – This was one of your towniest games and you proved you are the brilliant genius that I keep warning everyone about. I think everyone would have figured it out (like BoomFrog if he had been around D2), except that almost everyone was scum and had a vested interest in reading you as scum.

plytho – I should have known you were scum when you didn’t argue with me enough. :P I read through your chat. It was a brilliant decision you made in scum chat #2 not to coach Mark or discuss the game too much. One of the reasons that I had Mark as solid town was that he did make the previously mentioned mistake, which indicated that he was not being coached or receiving advice on his posts.
plytho in scum chat wrote: I kind of hope there is a secret double voter and mpolo is getting lynched as soon as wam's online.
:lol: This is very funny in retrospect...

somitomi – You played a fantastic game. You were never seriously suspected by anyone, so much so that Sabrar doubted your flip (hahaha that is one of my favorite posts, Sabrar trusts his own reads more than bold from the mod :P ). I’ve said somewhere before that I think you’re an excellent player. You have opinions, take stands, and don’t back down under pressure; these are all traits you displayed previously as town and here as scum. It’s too bad about the loud kill, if we had figured it out in time I might have tried to stay alive instead of not caring about dying (but I guess I would have been culted anyway so whatever). That was a brilliant watcher claim but I think perhaps you should have just blown it off like you had no idea what happened (if you lived you were going to have to keep inventing watcher results) and you really should have killed Sabrar N4. Your instincts are usually right so don’t over think things too much. After this game you can never believably claim newbie again.

Sabrar – It was totally worth losing to you just to observe your meltdown on page 22. :lol: :P :shock:
Sabrar wrote:bessie: I apologize for ignoring you all game :)
Some things never work out for us, do they? I waited for you every day of WoT3, and you ignored me and decreased your playing time, and in this game I decreased mine (for RL reasons). Hmm, I suspected you from almost the beginning. Now that I have seen your role pm and that you only had 3 NKs, I’m surprised that you did not think of working together to kill off more players before you killed me. I will be thinking about this next time you claim pro-town indie and will likely conclude that you are lying.
Sabrar wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't read your mind.
Awesome, mind reading is not part of your extensive skill set! Now I only have to worry about BoomFrog and Zenii. 8-)

wam – For the most part I think the roles were very well conceived, except for all the kill immunities, because I feel they contributed too much in deciding the game at the end (I think a 1-shot kill immunity for Sabrar and moody and 1 resurrection for mpolo would have probably been enough). Mafia B’s powers were not very helpful (since Madge couldn’t claim and mpolo didn’t get any investigative powers until his second resurrection). I’m going back and forth on jimbob’s role, and whether or not it should have been limited to replacing town. I would have really liked to see what heury could have done with his power. It’s difficult to comment on the balance (other than the kill immunities), because overall the balance (of any game) can be affected by the distribution of the roles (like we’ve had a couple of games where the scum team were the newbies). I don’t necessarily think town was weak, and I think some of town’s disadvantage was due to modkill, replacement, and that some of the more casual posters were town and some of the heavy posters were non-town.
wam wrote:Note I had internet issues and lost the flavour I wrote about Mark pushing a big red button.
Too bad because I think somitomi might have figured it out, he already suspected his role pm flavor was important (see scum chat #34). Then moody and I could have won this ourselves... :D

Thanks everyone for playing and to wam for modding this, and special thanks to all the Gojoe posters!

Return to “Mafia”