Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 3 - An Unexpected Twist)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: where do you draw the line about mistakes being AI? Do you think Mark's use of the word quality instead of quantity here is relevant? Why or why not?

A few posts up from the one linked wam says he is liking the depth of the effort in Vic's research for Vic's posts. So I think quality is the correct word choice. However Mark goes on to talk about quantity of Vic's content in other games, so it's difficult to guess what Mark actually meant. Mark often has little misunderstandings of what others are talking about so it's very difficult for me to have an accurate prediction of what Mark will think. So, I'm not convinced the word choice was a mistake and I don't read any alignment indication into it. Although I do think it would be possible to with a better understanding of Mark.

I did mean quantity as in energy spent. However, it was logically questionable anyways as I merely stated that he is not always scum when he is low effort, which proves nothing, and my evidence was wrong anyways.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 pm UTC

I went out and now it's late so these will be sloppy. I also noticed I completely forgot about Zen.

Vicarin: I get a pretty townie feel off Vicarin. I like the way he's been thinking and talking. It feels genuine. I do have a question about his town reads:
Vicarin wrote:Mostly everyone else is somewhat nebulously townie in that their behavior is fairly consistent with their town play. I think the towniest people are probably BoomFrog, bessie, and moody.

Can you please explain why you think these three are townie? What about moody makes you think he's town?

wam: Similar question:
wam wrote:Only joking I actually have sabrar and somi as my two town reads.
Why Sabrar and somi? (Particularly somi.)

Wam seems to be tunneled in on Boom+jedi but I don't really see it. BoomFrog wasn't talking all that much about jedi.
wam wrote:
Vicarin wrote:So you're saying Zen should vote for you first, because it would be cruel to lynch SuperJedi today? :P


Hey lynch me all ypu want but do something unusual for this forum and actually look at the reads of dead town.

This is weirdly defensive for someone with *checks*
Spoiler:
zero votes.
Especially when the read doesn't seem that strong or evidence based.

Zen: Not as talkative/disruptive as in previous games. I do like his reasoning on wam-jedi. That story makes a lot more sense than boom-jedi. Looking forward to the game winning reads list.

I'll find some time to sort tomorrow. Bedtime now!
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Unofficial Votecount:

Sabrar (1): Mark
BoomFrog (1): wam
wam (1): BoomFrog
Superjedi (1): Zenii
plytho (2): Vic, SuperJedi
Bessie (2): Sabrar, plytho

Not voting: bessie, moody, mpolo, somitomi

Deadline.
fixed
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
SuperJedi224
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:19 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby SuperJedi224 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:29 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Further fun math because I was bored. If a Vig decides to shoot N1 s/he should only do so if they roll an 87 or less on a D100. This gives the closest result of the expected value of the number of Vig-kills being equal to 1.


So you suspect there are approximately 1 1/7 vigilantes?
My youtube channel.

New avatar by adnapemit.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 am UTC

Actually, yeah, how did you come to that conclusion exactly Sabrar? I can't see how it matches up with the probabilities we both posted.

plytho wrote:Can you please explain why you think these three are townie? What about moody makes you think he's town?


I think those 3 are townie because I'm seeing a ton of scummy behaviour by almost everyone and they're doing it the least. At that point, we had SuperJedi, mpolo and somitomi lurking a fair bit, I was still suspicious of you for the stated reason, Mark had been lurking a bit less but not overly committing, Zenii was lurking a bit too (I do like his grilling of wam over wam's stated reason for going after BoomFrog), wam had been town reading me for a weird reason and has been making assumptions about the setup without putting much thought in (and now looks worse with that ordered list), and Sabrar's reason for going after bessie seemed flimsy to me (and still does). A lot of this behaviour has been consistent with people's town play in the past, but I'm still somewhat suspicious of it. In contrast, most of bessie, moody, and BoomFrog's content seemed fairly straightforward (though I'd appreciate an update to moody's reads list seeing as that was a while ago now).

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:25 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I was still suspicious of you for the stated reason.

So are you no longer suspicious of plytho?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:29 am UTC

No, I was giving the reason at the time of the post that plytho quoted that I was suspicious of him. Now, I've got the additional ones that I've already explained.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17 am UTC

SuperJedi224 wrote:So you suspect there are approximately 1 1/7 vigilantes?
Don't know, haven't calculated that part because that's not how the math works. And while you're here why not answer the many questions people have asked you?

Vicarin wrote:Actually, yeah, how did you come to that conclusion exactly Sabrar? I can't see how it matches up with the probabilities we both posted.
Why not? How would you go about and calculate this? Because I have exact probabilities based on hypergeometric distribution and those give a ~15% chance of there being at least 2 Vig-s, after which it's pretty easy to solve for 0.85*p + 0.15*(2*p2+2p*(1-p))=1

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Zenii » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:25 am UTC

wam wrote:@Zen

Surely the same argument could now be used for scum Zen scum boom!!
If could in this universe:

Zen: if wam is scum, boom is scum
Zen: wam is scum, because if wam is scum, boom is scum

Sabrar wrote:@Zen: same question to you. Do you have any issues with wam's content outside of how he reacted to BoomFrog vs SuperJedi?
It's the logic itself that I'm scumreading, not necessarily the fact that it deals with Boom or Jedi. I don't think his reasoning is genuine. The 'why' (threatened by boom's push) is just speculation/inference/bringing the picture together. It's the 'what' (circular logic) that's scummy.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:34 am UTC

@Sabrar: You've got to take into account that if you're a vig in this game, you're more likely to be in a game with 2 or 3 vigs due to observing that your own card is a King.

I don't have my numbers for probabilities of 1, 2 and 3 vigs in the game in front of me, but if you're saying that there's a 15% chance of at least 2 vig without looking at your card, and there's about a 1.5% chance of 3 vig (from the earlier stat that I asked about, the likelihood of having 3 of a single type of PR), then the probabilities of being in a 1 vig, 2 vig, or 3 vig game after seeing you're a vig are about 58%, 36% and 6% respectively, using Bayes.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Zenii » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 am UTC

@Mark and @Somi, please state your reads in your next post.

(I'll do so as well)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:48 am UTC

@Vicarin: if we have 0 Vig-s in the game than the actual number doesn't matter at all. Therefore I don't have to look at my card to calculate odds because I'm already assuming that we have at least 1.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:52 am UTC

Yes, but that means that your probabilities given for how many vigs are in the game are too low, because your best estimate of the number of vigs increases upon seeing a King.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 am UTC

Please don't swamp the thread with a low value NAI probability discussion. Keep it in spoilers if you must.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:56 am UTC

Yes, it would be way easier if people just accepted my math to be correct... :P

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:56 am UTC

SuperJedi224 wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Further fun math because I was bored. If a Vig decides to shoot N1 s/he should only do so if they roll an 87 or less on a D100. This gives the closest result of the expected value of the number of Vig-kills being equal to 1.


So you suspect there are approximately 1 1/7 vigilantes?

We are here to talk about our best guesses at people's alignments and why we have those guesses. Focusing on distracting content like this early game is going to get you lynched late game, which is bad for your faction no matter what that faction is.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:03 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Yes, it would be way easier if people just accepted my math to be correct... :P


I'll accept it when it's correct :P

But yeah, spoilers, righto.

Looking forward to these amazing game-winning Zenii reads :D

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:27 am UTC

Sabrar: what do you think of wam? Especially his logic about Jedi and me?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 am UTC

I have issues reading wam because of WoT3. This pinged me as overdefensive because Vicarin's question wasn't really addressed to him. I can see why people find him scummy though I believe the logic is not that strong. I don't want to put words in his mouth so if you really want I'll explain this if he gets lynched.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby wam » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 am UTC

Can we just accept weird wam logic is nai? As I'm sure I could dig through games and show I have been accused of that as various alignments.

@plytho

Sabrar made several comments early days that came across as coming from a VT mindset sabrar. Somi I will sum up in another post.

@sabrar that was just another bad attempt at a joke!

I am liking plythos content need to have another read of the Bessie case though.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby wam » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:58 am UTC

somitomi wrote:
mpolo wrote:I agree with Sabrar's reasoning that there are no safe claims. I am uncertain if there is a lot of value to claiming suits, but I am willing to do so. Otherwise, there hasn't been much beyond random voting, so I guess I will leave that there.

Hold on, mafia definitely have safe claims, the argument is whether they could get a power role as safeclaim.
For the record I don't think there's significant benefit to claiming suits right now, because I don't agree with Sabrar on PR safeclaims being bastard. They don't give that much information to scum and the whole premise of the game is that scum has more info than town anyway. I don't see it causing too much harm either though.


@plytho it was the post above that to me came from a townie mindset.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 am UTC

wam wrote:Sabrar made several comments early days that came across as coming from a VT mindset sabrar.
Not to confirm or deny anything but in the future you should keep all speculations about who is VT to yourself. You know, not doing scum's work. Feel free to ignore if you're actually scum.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:13 am UTC

I have a town-lean on plytho currently based on group-dynamics. I'll revisit this once we have some flips because some of his content is pinging me.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby bessie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 am UTC

somitomi wrote:Um yes, I have become unmotivated since the start of the game, probably because of university-related anxiety. I always feel like I don't have much to say D1 anyway. I know this is a lame excuse, will try :|
somitomi, I sympathize with your RL issues, being a rather anxious person myself. However, you’re not a newbie, and I think you understand that we need something from you. How about at least an ordered list, and adding whatever you can to it?

SuperJedi – That was a good start, making the list, it gives us something small, but at least something to analyze. Can you pick out a few of players (perhaps start with your scummiest and continue with as many as you can) and tell us what you find scummy (or townie) in their content?


Vicarin wrote: Well, yeah, because I wasn't the one trying to do a meta read. If you say "meta read, bessie's scum", then you'd better be the one providing the numbers. If she can be bothered to provide numbers and you can't, then I'm going to use hers, because I'm not going to make a subjective judgement of every one of those posts. There's a reason why I focused on a meta read that had an unambiguous result for each post.
I think that part of the problem is that analyzing the list is subjective in itself. Sabrar has not defined a clear criteria for sorting the list in such a way to make it objective. Some examples from Sabrar’s analysis:
Sabrar wrote: I would actually discard this because
Sabrar wrote: I disagree with bessie here about the classification
Sabrar wrote:I would discard this as well because
Sabrar wrote: I disagree with bessie again


Related and somewhat relevant note: Sabrar, if you want to really dig deep and understand some of the origins of why I analyze confirmation posts, it has more to do with what counts as content. You need to go back to at least Vanillafia.
bessie in Vanillafia wrote:However, my vote is indeed serious. And because Carlington asked, here is my reason. I was slightly suspicious of DJ’s confirmation post,

But whatever, Sabrar’s own analysis doesn’t support his accusation anyway.

Theory:
Sabrar wrote:- she knows she's supposed to conf-post analysis but she views my Joker as an intentional gambit and is unsure how to react because she can't put down an honest opinion
- therefore she deliberately skips that part

Analysis results:
Sabrar wrote: Overall count if I'm being generous: 2 scum doing it, 1 scum not doing it, 2 town doing it, 3 town not doing it
Actual count where there was something to analyze: 1 scum doing it, 1 scum not doing it, 2 town doing it, 1 town not doing it
Your analysis in no way supports your theory that I “know” I am supposed to do a confirmation post analysis.


Sabrar wrote: For example me finding bessie scummy for calling my content 'light' when she herself notes that more than half of the players have little content is not a meta-read, I would find that scummy in anyone else as well.
Where was this?

plytho wrote:But acting like there are no safe claims is a natural scummy thing to do and if Sabrar is providing the logic, you don't even need to pay too much attention to agree.
Hmm interesting, just noting this for now.

plytho wrote:Refusing to answer because I don't have enough content is absolutely ridiculous. For one, I'm not demanding you produce more content, I'm asking you to respond to my point. That's a false equivalence. Also, does this mean you won't answer questions from Mark, Somi or superjedi because they don't have enough content?
I’m not refusing to answer your question because you don’t fulfill a word count requirement. I am postponing answering your question until you contribute some content that is not directly related to Sabrar-safeclaim-townslip-modquestion. And I’m not refusing to answer any questions from anyone, your accusation is hmm, let me think of a way to describe it ... false equivalence?

My response to your question: I don’t see how I shifted the question. I felt my point was that the person asking the question was doing so because they wanted to be seen publicly asking it. I did not like your response, which you narrowed the scope of my comment when you implied that scum would only do it to act surprised by the answer (and you also added a comment that made it specific to the case in point). I never said anywhere that scum wanted to do it to act surprised, only that they wanted to be seen asking.

plytho wrote:Sabrar pointed out you missed one, at this point I assume Sabrar has done his homework. You still believe in the pattern even after Sabrar pointed out a flaw so I guess I couldn't actually use it. Hmm
Hmm interesting, just noting this for now.

Sabrar wrote:Further fun math because I was bored.
You wouldn’t want to consider being bored into doing like, a reads list or something, would you?


BoomFrog wrote: bessie - I'm having a lot of trouble here. Her reaction to Sabrar's attack is not what I expected, but I am not confident what alignment the difference indicates. @Bessie: What do you think Sabrar's alignment is?
Hmm, what did you expect? Do you also have a bessie-town-meta checklist, as Sabrar does?

BoomFrog wrote: @Bessie: What do you think Sabrar's alignment is?
When I made this post I suspected something. I have since changed my mind, and I do not currently lean town on Sabrar.

Ninja'd by 4 posts. Will need to come back to this tomorrow. My electricity was out from like 4 am until about 9 pm, so I couldn't skim in the morning and I had a late start tonight.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:37 am UTC

bessie wrote:Your analysis in no way supports your theory that I “know” I am supposed to do a confirmation post analysis.
Seriously? I did the analysis because Vicarin asked me to, I never did say that it was to support my theory. But you are fully aware that you tend to do the analysis, both as town and as scum, you even pointed these out:
bessie wrote:I’m known for having a townie meta (as cemper keeps reminding everyone), for tunneling (as Peaceful Whale himself pointed out in this game), and for analyzing confirmation posts (which almost no one else does).
bessie wrote:I see there was an interesting amount of content posted in the confirmation phase. :P bessie's confirmation post analysis:


bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote: For example me finding bessie scummy for calling my content 'light' when she herself notes that more than half of the players have little content is not a meta-read, I would find that scummy in anyone else as well.
Where was this?
Here:
bessie wrote:Sabrar – Is Sabrar? His content feels light for Sabrar


bessie wrote:You wouldn’t want to consider being bored into doing like, a reads list or something, would you?
I'll let you know once there is a massive change in my original. I've been giving out reads ever since. You don't even have a woof-grrr list, instead you're spending your time 'refuting' my analysis which was never relevant anyway. Pot meet kettle.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby wam » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:Sabrar made several comments early days that came across as coming from a VT mindset sabrar.
Not to confirm or deny anything but in the future you should keep all speculations about who is VT to yourself. You know, not doing scum's work. Feel free to ignore if you're actually scum.


Did think about that. But given how aggressive people get when you say "Can't explain as it would help scum" I thought it was a greater benefit to town to explain my reasoning.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:11 am UTC

Request mod-prod on mpolo

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:06 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:You wouldn’t want to consider being bored into doing like, a reads list or something, would you?
I'll let you know once there is a massive change in my original. I've been giving out reads ever since. You don't even have a woof-grrr list, instead you're spending your time 'refuting' my analysis which was never relevant anyway. Pot meet kettle.

I really don't like this. Calling someone out because they answered your analysis is pretty scummy. Reads list coming in 4 or 5 hours during my break.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm UTC

@Vicarin: do you have an ordered town-to-scum list? Or actually just a complete read-list? And why not?

@Mark: it was not my analysis. It was Vicarin's tangent that I said multiple times was irrelevant.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm UTC

I've already explained my position, at least briefly, on everyone. If you want an up to date ordered list, I'll go with

Town
Vicarin
BoomFrog
bessie
moody
Zenii
Mark
wam
Sabrar
somitomi
mpolo
SuperJedi
plytho
Scum

And having actual data to back up your read is never irrelevant. Seems strange coming from someone that's trying to crunch the probabilities for the setup to say that they don't need to look at previous games when scum reading someone for changing their behavior this game.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:38 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:I've already explained my position, at least briefly, on everyone.
Where is your read on somitomi, besides the lurking? Where is your read on mpolo, besides the lurking?
Where is your read on Zen that puts him on the top half of Town? This is not consistent with it at all.
Where is your read on wam?

Do you think that all of {BoomFrog, wam, Zen} is TvTvT?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Zenii was lurking a bit too (I do like his grilling of wam over wam's stated reason for going after BoomFrog), wam had been town reading me for a weird reason and has been making assumptions about the setup without putting much thought in (and now looks worse with that ordered list),
I managed to find this. Is that all? Why isn't there a bigger gap between Zen and wam in that case?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:56 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Where is your read on somitomi, besides the lurking? Where is your read on mpolo, besides the lurking?


Besides the lurking, don't have much information about either of them, they've been saying some pretty non-controversial stuff and staying quiet.

Sabrar wrote:Where is your read on Zen that puts him on the top half of Town?

Sabrar wrote:Where is your read on wam?


Vicarin wrote:Zenii was lurking a bit too (I do like his grilling of wam over wam's stated reason for going after BoomFrog), wam had been town reading me for a weird reason and has been making assumptions about the setup without putting much thought in (and now looks worse with that ordered list)


I know you read that post Sabrar, because you answered my question that I started that post with. So why would you ask me about those reads?

Ninja'd: Ok, so you did find it. Should there be a big gap? Zenii had been somewhat scummy to me up until then, and redeemed himself a decent amount, but not fully.

Sabrar wrote:Do you think that all of {BoomFrog, wam, Zen} is TvTvT?


Probably not, but that's more to do with having it being unlikely that any random group of three people in this probably has at least 1 scum in it. If this is because I've got wam in my top half of my ordered list, I'm finding 6 people at least somewhat scummy right now, with wam the least scummy of those.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm UTC

EBWOP: Should be "Probably not, but that's more to do with having it being unlikely that any random group of three people has no scum in it."

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:26 pm UTC

First priority, sorting the "don't knows" from my reads post.

bessie: debate with Sabrar over her confirmation post analysis (or lack thereof) is what I'm counting as her D1 tunnel. reads list that has kind of conclusions with a promise of a more explicit list later. co-aligned with Vicarin

mpolo: has been distracted all game, which is in my opinion more where what BoomFrog is calling a town slip was coming from. slightly townie

SuperJedi: bare bones alignment list, votes plytho off it. despite prompting, has not expanded on it. scummy

Vicarin: decides to take up bessie's cause in her debate with Sabrar. particularly annoyed with SuperJedi. debating Sabrar on the vig probs. Apparently he just likes to be contrary to him. town to scum list with BoomFrog, bessie at top, plytho and SuperJedi at bottom. co-aligned with bessie.

Updated list:

Not voteable:
BoomFrog, plytho, Sabrar, wam, mpolo, (Vicarin+bessie)

Votable:
Mark, somi, Zen, SuperJedi

Vote: SuperJedi
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Besides the lurking, don't have much information about either of them, they've been saying some pretty non-controversial stuff and staying quiet.
Others managed to talk about them, you could at least say whether you agree with those players or not.

Vicarin wrote:Should there be a big gap? Zenii had been somewhat scummy to me up until then, and redeemed himself a decent amount, but not fully.
I was rather referring to wam being that high. Seemed to me you didn't find anything about his content that you liked.

Vicarin wrote:but that's more to do with having it being unlikely that any random group of three people in this probably has at least 1 scum in it.
Well that's a cop-out if I ever saw one.

@moody: I'm glad to see someone else noticed the bessie-Vicarin connection as well but why did you not add Mark as well? The way they are defending each other is obvious.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:57 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: I'm glad to see someone else noticed the bessie-Vicarin connection as well but why did you not add Mark as well? The way they are defending each other is obvious.


In my big reads post, I had Mark as independently votable, so I wasn't looking at him in this latest post. Is it your opinion that the scum team is {bessie, Vicarin, Mark}?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:00 pm UTC


User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:24 pm UTC

@Sabrar: my bad, I should clearly just be really confident in reads despite picking out the entire 3 person scum team being historically rather rare on D1 :roll:. I'm sure town has never defended other people from accusations they think are trumped up, no siree.

I generally find wam's content fairly scummy, so his play was fairly no indicative to me until he tried going for BoomFrog.

Adding my voice to the call for the serious votes from people who haven't put in theirs yet, I'm going to be asleep during deadline again, would prefer time for claims and counterclaims without this massive rush near the end, etc etc...

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:25 pm UTC

Non-indicative, not no indicative. I need to sleep instead of posting...


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomFrog and 15 guests