Page 18 of 20

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:40 pm UTC
by plytho
BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm UTC
by BoomFrog
moody7277 wrote:I do know that he did visit BoomFrog N1.
Alright, so you are Queen of Hearts? Why did you choose to track wam N1?

I find it unlikely that scum-PR!wam targeted me. Jack of all trades is either roleblocke, doc or rolecop. If he rolecopped me he'd have not asked for a claim. Blindly roleblocking N1 is foolish for scum. Queen of spades is even night only. King of spades (role stopper) won't target town. Ace of spades (vanilla cop) wouldn't ask for a claim.

Ninja'd:
There's a tiny chance the entire show is a scum gambit.
Two scum counter claim eachother so one is confirmed town? Hilarious, but I think the above logic plus moody's confirmation rules that out. At worst moody may still be scum.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 pm UTC
by BoomFrog
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.

But letting him claim his result before I claim would have helped confirm he is actually a tracker.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm UTC
by moody7277
BoomFrog wrote:Why did you choose to track wam N1?


wam was my second choice after bessie for tracking, bit of a whim based off the whole semi-scum meta read people seem to have on him. With this kind of power I never have high expectations of catching scum, was really surprised that I got any result at all.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm UTC
by wam
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.

But letting him claim his result before I claim would have helped confirm he is actually a tracker.


But g8ven I will get 99% confirmed with a Mark lunch and don't expect to live much longer it was worth it to see your answer.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 pm UTC
by BoomFrog
wam wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.

But letting him claim his result before I claim would have helped confirm he is actually a tracker.


But g8ven I will get 99% confirmed with a Mark lunch and don't expect to live much longer it was worth it to see your answer.

Not if we had lynched you first instead of Mark. Which was possible before moody confirmed you.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm UTC
by BoomFrog
So. I'm 99% sure wam is town and Mark is scum. So who is Mark's partner. We could win this game in record time if we get the Vig shot right.

It's gotta be moody or SuperJedi. I previously said it's not SuperJedi, but I should reread Mark and Super's interactions with Mark's alignment in mind. Moody's claim was a bit unnecessary...

@moody, why did you claim? Mark was likely to be lynched anyway.

Can a mafia Role-stopper target themself? Can a scum Jack using doc target themself?

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:40 pm UTC
by moody7277
I was really happy to have a useful piece of information. Like I said, I'm usually crap when it comes to PR use.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm UTC
by wam
BoomFrog wrote:[
There's a tiny chance the entire show is a scum gambit.
Two scum counter claim eachother so one is confirmed town? Hilarious, but I think the above logic plus moody's confirmation rules that out. At worst moody may still be scum.

This did occur to me and I thought will keep that in the back pocket till my next scum game!

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm UTC
by wam
BoomFrog wrote:
wam wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm higher on the claim list then you. That means I'm more trusted. That means you claim first and I verify because you are the one who needs verification more.

/sigh
I picked you to go first because pretty much the only thing Wam could claim was diamond queen. So there was already a counterclaim to verify him.

But letting him claim his result before I claim would have helped confirm he is actually a tracker.


But g8ven I will get 99% confirmed with a Mark lunch and don't expect to live much longer it was worth it to see your answer.

Not if we had lynched you first instead of Mark. Which was possible before moody confirmed you.


I viewed it as unlikely and worth the risk.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm UTC
by LaserGuy
BoomFrog wrote:Can a mafia Role-stopper target themself? Can a scum Jack using doc target themself?


PRs cannot self target

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:18 pm UTC
by plytho
BoomFrog wrote:It's gotta be moody or SuperJedi.

Madge vigs SuperJedi and wam tracks moody?

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:22 pm UTC
by Vicarin
Well, that was exciting. And here I was thinking BoomFrog might be a Jack given he switched to town reading me. Ah well.

No vig: wam

What other topics do we need to go through before going after Mark? Im not seeing scum!wam claiming here unless he was incredibly desperate...

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 pm UTC
by Vicarin
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:It's gotta be moody or SuperJedi.

Madge vigs SuperJedi and wam tracks moody?


Let's see, assuming Mark is scum (wam being scum is pretty damn unlikely), then if SuperJedi is the last scum, he only survives if he's a Queen, and has to kill Madge. If moody's scum, then he needs to block or kill wam, so that makes killing wam the best choice for him. If the last scum is someone else, this suggests they'll kill wam and just let SuperJedi die, in order to frame moody...

You know what would be handy? A 4th PR for moody to target and get a result from to confirm him tomorrow if scum tries the above :P

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 pm UTC
by SuperJedi224
Alright then.

vote Mark

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 pm UTC
by Vicarin
Get that vote off him right now.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:16 pm UTC
by Vicarin
Don't want him to be able to self-hammer if we're still discussing stuff.

You also seem awfully nonchalant about not full claiming seeing as Madge is probably going to shoot you.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 pm UTC
by Vicarin
Somebody had better unvote Mark already...

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 pm UTC
by BoomFrog
Vicarin wrote:Well, that was exciting. And here I was thinking BoomFrog might be a Jack given he switched to town reading me. Ah well.

I don't need a PR to make a good read. ;)

What other topics do we need to go through before going after Mark? Im not seeing scum!wam claiming here unless he was incredibly desperate...
We mostly just need to make sure wam and Madge are coordinated. Madge probable picked SuperJedi over moody. I guess we could do an underlined no-vig for moody. That might cause Madge to not fire if she didn't make her list long enough, but probably that will cause her to kill SuperJedi.

Unvote

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:35 pm UTC
by BoomFrog
Vicarin wrote:Get that vote off him right now.
It's a game. Try to be nice. Especially to the new player who doesn't understand why that vote is a problem.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:55 pm UTC
by Vicarin
Argh, you're right. Sorry. Just trying to post fast before he disappeared again...

Also, I was more referring to your D1 "I suck at reading Vicarin" post being replaced by D2 "Vicarin is probably town". Your most recent explaination made it make a fair bit more sense.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:02 am UTC
by Mark_Cangila
Why trust Wam's claim over mine? Vote:Wam
This is clearly a scum gambit. This makes me think Wam Boom scum team.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:08 am UTC
by Vicarin
Well, Mark, the alternative is:

1. wam is a scum PR, enabling the tracking result from moody to make sense (unless he's lying about that, in which case we get 2 scum for 1 town).

2. Despite being a PR, he decides to trade his life for a town PR being seen as very scummy who targeted the NK N1, which is the cover someone would use of they're afraid of having been tracked.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 am UTC
by Mark_Cangila
People have generally found Wam scummy for a reason. Notice how, when boom asked me about who I thought was scum Wam and Moody were both there? Wam is quite obviously a scum PR.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am UTC
by Vicarin
So you think his grand plan as a scum PR is to trade himself for a tracker, putting his last teammate in a terrible position?

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:05 am UTC
by Mark_Cangila
He might be gambiting. See how successfully he has convinced all of you?
Also, Novig: Mark_Cangila
I won't let town kill themselves by believing an obvious gambit. He also claimed suit after me, which is arguably suspicious

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:10 am UTC
by Zenii
:mrgreen:

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:16 am UTC
by Mark_Cangila
Lynch wam. Your two scum for 1 town plan would be better if it was 2 scum for 0 town.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 am UTC
by Vicarin
If it's 2 scum for 1 town, I guess I'll be able to live with this win not being perfect.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:33 am UTC
by Vicarin
Town has room for 2 mislynches and a big shot on town before hitting LYLO, if you believed what you were saying as town!Mark, you should be celebrating as town would have this win in the bag. Instead, well...

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 am UTC
by Mark_Cangila
True. But as a PR, I can't allow myself to simply die. If I am going to die, lynch wam tmrw, for the love of god.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:53 am UTC
by Vicarin
Well, yeah. If you do flip Queen of Diamonds, we're obviously going to do that.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 am UTC
by Vicarin
Bleh, that other post should have been vig shot, not big shot. Stupid autocorrect.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:18 am UTC
by Mark_Cangila
It really is smarter to keep me alive.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:36 am UTC
by Vicarin
You're really not making a strong case for it.

You could always start by answering my original question of why you targeted Sabrar, and who your best guesses for wam's partner are, if you're actually interested in helping town. But you seem more interested in panicking and just telling people to switch to wam without much thought as to what will happen tomorrow.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:45 am UTC
by moody7277
Mark_Cangila wrote:It really is smarter to keep me alive.


That line didn't work for me last game when there was a whole lot more going on to make it plausible.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:18 am UTC
by BoomFrog
Zenii wrote::mrgreen:


moody or SuperJedi? Our perfect game is on the line.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:38 am UTC
by Vicarin
I think if you reaaaaaally wanted a perfect game today, we'd need a full claim to check if there's any other PR results that could help.

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:49 am UTC
by BoomFrog
Vicarin wrote:I think if you reaaaaaally wanted a perfect game today, we'd need a full claim to check if there's any other PR results that could help.

It's already narrowed down to 2. I guess we should ask SuperJedi to full claim since he is likely to be shot if he doesn't claim a PR. (Note to SuperJedi, if you are town it's generally better to not lie even if it will save your life.)

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:54 am UTC
by Vicarin
You think it's absolutely narrowed down to just those two?

I mean, they're by far the best candidates, but I can't shake the feeling that someone is trying to pull a fast one...