Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 4 - Asashination Attempt

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:51 am UTC

Bessie, I recommend roleblocking mpolo if the game doesn't end. He's the only one left who might have a nefarious night action.

Vote Vicarin
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 am UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - (2) - Zenii, BoomFrog

Not voting: Mark_Cangila, Bessie, Mpolo, Vicarin

With 6 players alive, it is 4 to hammer.

Night 4 falls in 5 days, 16 hours.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I have found the rules seriously confusing this game. Oh well.
TBH, I’m getting a little pissed that there is a second win condition that may be interpreted in such a way that it conflicts with what should be the primary win condition.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 am UTC

Yeah, I was surprised that we were supposed to prioritize both at the same time. Oh well, discuss after the game I guess.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:56 am UTC

Vote: Vicarin

I guess this is the thing to do, then.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am UTC

bessie wrote:TBH, I’m getting a little pissed that there is a second win condition that may be interpreted in such a way that it conflicts with what should be the primary win condition.

I think that the way we are supposed to be reading this is that the two conditions are equally weighted, so that if you are working toward either of them, you are O.K., but if you work against both conditions, you are in violation of the rules.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:00 am UTC

But since the sash seems guaranteed to fall into the "winning" group at some point, the normal win has a certain priority in my mind. (I.e. you can't lose the normal game and still win the sash.)

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:27 pm UTC

Bessie's at work. I don't think a lot more will be discussed today. I'm fine with Mark hammering or Mark can give Bessie permission to hammer tonight. (Or Vic can put himself out of his misery).

@ Vic: Good game. Your casualness about being potentially lunched D3 felt very unscummy. I should have known you were scum D1 when you where not annoyed at Zenii's behavior though... :lol:
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 pm UTC

Ok, at this point I'd prefer to get this over with because I doubt any of you are going to change your minds dramatically. Time to find out if this game is gonna end...

Vote: Vicarin

Offfff to spoiler town I gooooooooooo :lol:.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:12 pm UTC

That was hammer, end of Day 4. Please don't forget to send us your night actions.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 pm UTC

There was a sudden, loud noise, but nothing untoward seemed to happen.

"What just happened?!" Gina looked up from her phone.

"It seems we have another traitor in our midst." Holt eyed his employees with suspicion.

"Is it you, Captain?" Amy asked, a little bit concerned.

"I knew it! The thing with Terry was all a ruse!" Jake pumped his fist eagerly.

"Jake! You're so clever. I knew you'd figure it out!" Boyle said, his praise effusive as always.

Cheddar snored on Scully's chair.

Vicarin has been voted out of the game.

It is now Night 4.

Night will last at most 48 hours.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 5 - Sasha Baron Cohen

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 am UTC

Immediately after the knocking sound stops, there’s an eerie silence. This is shattered when a group of people in yellow and black costumes - with matching skullcaps - start milling around the bullpen from all directions: there must be at least 50 of them. Some even had black boomboxes on one shoulder, each seeming to play a different song that is virtually indistinct on the low-quality speakers.

“Jake?! Did you do this again!? It seems like the sort of thing you’d pull!”

“Sure didn’t Ames! I thought it’d be too predictable! Besides, Ali G? If I was going to do it, I’d do a current reference! Have some faith!”

“Oh my god!” Gina cried out. “What is happening? Who are you people? Can you play some decent music, or even at least the same song as each other?!”

“They’re too tall! I can’t see you, Jake! If I drown in this sea of yellow plastic, please raise Nikolaj as your own!” Boyle’s voice came muffled from behind the mass of costumed flesh.

“This is ridiculous! We cannot abide this disruption to our work, even if it is almost midnight! Costumed people, leave now, or I will have some uniformed officers come down to arrest you!” Holt’s voice was full of authority, and it appeared the crowd of people obeyed, because they dispersed almost immediately after that.

However, the people in costumes weren’t the only ones who were gone.

“Ames? Amy?! Where are you!” Jake cried out.

“Peralta! Boyle! Gina!” Yelled Holt’s voice from the interrogation room. Jake, Charles, Cheddar, and Gina ran inside: there, handcuffed to the interrogation room table with Scully and Hitchcock, were Amy and Captain Holt.

“What’s happened, sir?” Jake couldn’t resist smirking.

“It appears that someone handcuffed these poor, lost souls to the table.”

“Jake, if you have the key, let me go.” Amy pleaded.

“Wasn’t me, Ames.”

“Boyle? … Gina?”

“I couldn’t get that many people to listen to me! I don’t have any authority in my voice.” Boyle said.

“And I would have got Floorgasm to do a face-melting dance, not some weirdos in a dumb costume.” Gina agreed.

“This is not funny. Whoever has the key, let us go, now. That’s an order.” Holt said, his voice dark.

Jake smirked. “I don’t know who got you two, but I’m not going to let my biggest competition back into the competition.”

Cheddar growled at Jake.

Boyle winced. “I’m sorry Jake, I didn’t want to do this, but me and Gina agreed that you were probably the one colluding with Terry.”

“Do what--- what are you---”

Boyle knelt down and did a spinning kick, knocking Jake onto the floor. He grabbed his handcuffs and used them to fasten Jake to the table leg, which was bolted into the floor.

“What! Boyle! This isn’t fair!”

“But you were colluding, weren’t you, Jakey?” Gina smirked.

“Yes - but - come on guys! I was so close.”

“Not today, Jake. Me and Gina will fight for it!”

“Yeah, and the little dog, too.” Gina rolled her eyes.

Vicarin was voted off in the day. He was Jake Peralta, Mafia Framer and Follower

Bessie was eliminated in the night. She was Captain Holt, Town Night One Tracker and Universal Backup

Zenii was eliminated in the night. He was Amy Santiago, Town Seraph Knight

It is now Day 5.

Deadline in 3 days.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:54 am UTC

Bessie, who did you roleblock? :(

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:17 am UTC

Bessie visited me.

Look, one of you two is almost certainly my partner, and we just have to eliminate the other one. If you can give me believable information that you are the one (since you've sent me two messages, you know what to say), we can vote together to win.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 am UTC

Unless bessie was my partner (though why she'd roleblock me is unclear), and then I've just lost.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:36 pm UTC

We have an SK or mafia, maybe a strongman SK. I babysat Zenii last night, so he shouldn't have died. Mafia can't have a strongman because their strongman died. I still don't understand why Zenii died, unless.... her seraph target was Bessie. But then why would she lie and tell me to target Mpolo or claim to have doctored me.

We have either 7-3 or 7-2-1 as our starting config. I'm feeling we might have an SK in BoomFrog after his D1 weirdness.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Look, one of you two is almost certainly my partner, and we just have to eliminate the other one. If you can give me believable information that you are the one (since you've sent me two messages, you know what to say), we can vote together to win.

I'm confused at what you mean by partner.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:31 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Bessie visited me.

Look, one of you two is almost certainly my partner, and we just have to eliminate the other one. If you can give me believable information that you are the one (since you've sent me two messages, you know what to say), we can vote together to win.
That makes sense. Why'd you target Vicarin N3 though? Mark was a clearly better choice.

@Mark: why'd you protect Zenii when they'd claimed bulletproof?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm UTC

[b] Will we be informed if the mafia is eliminated?/b]

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

EBWOP: Will we be informed if the mafia is eliminated?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:32 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
mpolo wrote:Bessie visited me.

That makes sense. Why'd you target Vicarin N3 though? Mark was a clearly better choice.

@Mark: why'd you protect Zenii when they'd claimed bulletproof?

I thought that it was the last night, so I was sash hunting.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:35 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Will we be informed if the mafia is eliminated?
No.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm UTC

I was convinced that BoomFrog was going to say he is my partner.

Ultimately, it is highly unlikely that I can win this at this point.

I targeted Mark on N2, so didn't need to target him N3.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm UTC

Vote: Mark_Cangila

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Vote: Mark_Cangila

Mark, you now 100% know that I am not scum. If I was I could have just hammered you and won.

@mpolo I think you never had a partner. Zenii had the power to send people messages. I think he just lied to you.

If you targeted Mark N2 why didn't Mark die? And why did Zenii die?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 pm UTC

I don't like the partner thing Mpolo said either.
Vote: Mpolo

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 pm UTC

Ehh... this lines up too well with my mpolo-arsonist theory. I can't think of any other explanation.

Vote mpolo

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:21 am UTC

That is hammer.

"Do you think we should handcuff Cheddar to something? I mean he is Holt's dog... and we know he's been trained to help him in the heist before."

Gina rolled her eyes. "It's a dumb animal. It's not exactly the mighty wolf. I'm sure it won't be any trouble."

"Well, then... let's see who wins. There's only five minutes to midnight."

Gina smirked. Boyle eyed her suspiciously. Cheddar wagged his tail.

It is now Night 5. Please submit your night actions ASAP and I will start Day 6 as soon as I can after that.

Madge

Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 am UTC

“Are you sure he’s only a dumb animal? People said that about me when I was a kid, but I was smart enough to bite through the ropes they used to tie me to the jungle gym!”

“I mean, look at it. Its idea of a good night is to lick its own butt. It’s not trying anything, trust me.” Gina pulled out her phone’s sparkly pink case and appeared to be texting.

Cheddar looked at Gina, and his ears folded backwards: his lip curled upwards, and a growl started coming out of his tiny corgi body.

“What’s that, Cheddar? You don’t like the look of Gina? What?”

Cheddar barked, and grabbed Gina’s sock and took a step towards the interrogation room.

“What’s gotten into you, boy? Do you miss Captain Holt?”

Cheddar barked again, and growled at Gina.

“Like I said, it’s a stupid animal. Probably thinks I’m Captain Holt.” She crouched and looked at Cheddar. “Sorry, kiddo. I’m far too beautiful and talented to be him. Why don’t we take you to the interrogation room, so you can’t cause any trouble at the last minute?”

Cheddar yipped urgently. Boyle’s eyes grew wide.

“What’s that, Cheddar? Are you trying to tell me that Gina is colluding with someone?”

Cheddar wagged his tail. Gina rolled her eyes. Boyle pulled his handcuffs from his belt.

“What are you doing, Boyle?”

“Gina, I know you’re my sister…”

“Ew! How many times do I have to tell you, just because your dad married my mom, doesn’t mean we’re related. Also, ew.”

“And even though we used to make love all the time...”

“I really wish you’d stop bringing that up.”

“I think I have to side with the dog on this one. Something’s up.” Boyle slapped the handcuff onto Gina’s wrist. Gina struggled, and managed to clasp the other end onto Boyle’s ankle.

“I’ve got you now, Boyle! And I’m gonna get my luxurious sash back off you!”

“What? Don’t you have it? I was gonna get it from you!”

They scuffled, searching each others’ clothes for hidden pockets, and in the course of events fell to the floor.

Cheddar, the dog, used his dextrous snoot and his extraordinary understanding of levers to knock a heavy chair onto them.

The corgi pulled a pink sash out from under his water bowl, and jumped onto a table, barking in victory.

[INT - Shaw’s bar exterior shot, night. The Brooklyn 99 crew are all standing out the front, with Cheddar sitting on a high bar stool. He is dressed in a gaudy red cloak and a small golden crown sitting on his head, the pink sash draped around his shoulder and hanging down the bar stool. Everyone has a glass of beverage]

“It was an unorthodox outcome this year, but allow me to be the first to toast Cheddar as this year’s Ultimate Hu -”

Cheddar growled pointedly.

“I apologise, as this year’s Ultimate Mammal Slash Genius.” Holt concluded. The rest of the precinct held their glasses up and toasted to Cheddar’s skill and ingenuity.

Mpolo was voted off - he was Gina Linetti, Independent Arsonist

Mark_Cangila remained at the end - he was Charles Boyle, Town Baby Sitter

BoomFrog remained at the end and with possession of the Sash has DOUBLE WON - he was Cheddar the Dog, Town Loudener

Congratulations Town on their win! Better luck next time Mafia and Aronist.

And congratulations BoomFrog, you are the ultimate mammal slash genius! (everyone please join in and congratulate BoomFrog on his feat)

Also, Plytho kindly made an avatar for BoomFrog to wear if he wishes to boast his feat for a while. No word if Plytho will modify the text.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 am UTC

Thanks for playing! It was a fun game to mod and fun to write all the flavour.

I gave everyone flavour for their night actions every night, and that and the role PMs are all available in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17j5 ... sp=sharing

Vicarin

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

Postby Vicarin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:05 am UTC

Congrats to BoomFrog, the Ultimate Genius Dog :D. And the rest of town for winning :).

That was so crazy, didn't know what was going on half the time, even as scum. Good times. Also having people disbelieve me when I was telling the truth was also pretty hilarious.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 am UTC

Madge wrote:Thanks for playing! It was a fun game to mod and fun to write all the flavour.

I gave everyone flavour for their night actions every night, and that and the role PMs are all available in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17j5 ... sp=sharing

Woof! (Thanks for putting so much work into modding. It was a lot of fun.)

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 am UTC

Oh yeah, gotta thank Madge and Sabrar for designing and running the game. Whoops!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:37 am UTC

Congrats to Town and doubly so to BoomFrog!

Mod notes and musings (mechanical aspects only)

Setup
Spoiler:
- Madge wanted Arsonist. She also wanted Cult but had to compromise due to only 9 players (originally). 6-2-1 looked very rough for Town but it was the only way. The dog was a last minute addition but very welcome.
- I think it's a good goal to 'force' players to mostly rely on reads to scum-hunt and not rely on mechanical considerations (like I tend to do sometimes). That's why I gave scum full false-claims in Dark Tower and why last year's Halloween scum had Cop and Doc false-claims available. I was expecting town!Roleblocker to be found suspicious and JOAT is usually town as well. Unfortunately I forgot that Follower is a standard false-claim for Rolecop but I'm glad it didn't matter that much.

Sash-mechanics
Spoiler:
- holding the Sash made you GodFather, Ninja and immune to roleblock/Frame. It also made you unable to benefit from any Doc-protections. It was much more useful in scum's hands therefore Madge wanted a drawback for them so we decided that scum's nk would be random if it's performed by someone holding the Sash.
- Sash started with moody because he was the first one to confirm. If multiple players targeted the previous holder during the night then a pre-determined method (different each night) decided who would get to steal it (e.g. sign-up order, alphabetical order, etc). If Sash-holder would have been executed then first player on the wagon would have stolen it.

Sash wincon
Spoiler:
You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
As Madge already said this is a legacy rule mainly to prevent people wanting to be culted instead of working towards their own win-con. If no alignment-change and win-con change is present in the game then the rule looks to be unnecessary and is mainly there to prevent someone throwing the game and runining the fun for the others. Please note the wording of this rule, it does not state that you have play flawlessly as mistakes do happen. It only prohibits intentional bad play.
Let's look at the Sash-related win-con in more detail. It states that you need to possess the Sash at the end of the game. That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter who had it the longest. All players have the ability to steal it with Heist, no player has the ability to retain it if someone else is targetting them. This means that getting the Sash before the end of the game should not be a priority. Getting the Sash right at the end is what matters, however due to the closed setup no player can be expected to know for certain when the game would end. Also misinterpretations occur often enough. I misread my role-pm twice recently and even though this could have been derived from what I posted in Gojoe/asked the mod I never received any clarifications. It is not the mod's responsibility to hold the hands of the players and jump in (when not asked directly) to correct the misperceptions.
To sum it up, acting upon incomplete or false information is not a deliberate bad play and for regarding any conflict between your normal wincon and the Sash I fully agree with Madge and mpolo. So in my opinion this specific rule should almost never cause any problems.

Roles
Spoiler:
Singing Cop: this is a very powerful role because making the result public does not out the Cop and Town even gets a result the night the Cop is nk-d. I don't think this is suitable for a larger game. It also acts as a deterrent against mass-claim as both Framer and Strongman have a way to deal with it and Arsonist is not threatened by it. Framer especially would be very effective against the Cop (making the result Insane) but LaserGuy ended up with the Sash so scum was forced to kill him.
Vig + Sash-cop: originally Madge wanted everyone to have a Sash-related ability, making it into a complete sub-game on its own but it never panned out. Sash-cop is a remnant of that, giving a targeting ability to someone with a 1-shot power. Due to flavor reasons Vig could only kill male characters so the Arsonist (and the Seraph Knight and the Cop) were safe from her.
Roleblocker: not much to say here, other than I once again forgot to put in the stipulation of 'you may not block the same person on consecutive nights' in the description (and it needs to be there to prevent certain scenarios from occurring).
Babysitter: secret mode is what saves this role from being just a terrible Doc-version. Still it is very risky, especially if Town is convinced that Seraph Knight's protection is enough for him to use the safe mode and scum still has Strongman.
Seraph Knight: another 1-shot power with a minor targeting ability attached (which nevertheless outted mpolo quite successfully due to an unlucky combination of his self-Watch and BoomFrog also targeting him N1). This makes it 1.5 protection against 1.5 nk which is just nice.
Loudener: last minute addition, we discarded quite a few ideas before settling on this. Making it produce immediate results was deemed too powerful, hence the delay.
Universal Backup: not having an action N1 sucks so I added a 1-shot Tracker. Was unable to inherit 1-shot powers (though in retrospect Seraph Knight should have been allowed).
Strongman + JOAT: with Town having access to 2 (or 1.5) protective abilities and a Roleblock, Strongman was almost compulsory. JOAT was I believe a good way to provide additional utility and a false-claim. It also gave scum additional information about the setup even if indirectly because I would never hand out a useless ability in a game with very low bastardry. Having a Cop (that gave Town/not-Town result) let them know that there is an indie and having a Doc let them know that there is at least 1 kill not controlled by them.
Framer + Follower: I've already talked about this above, one additional thing is that Follower is a bit less useful when people are likely to claim early. This was the weaker role of the two, although it had the potential to be game-winning if scum could frame the Cop.
Arsonist: self-Watch was suggested by Madge due to flavor reasons and it fit nicely into the rest of the roles. It was also an additional investigative ability that was liable to Frame (it would have been a bad design to have an ability that only interacts with a single other player apart from N1). mpolo was just unlucky to have a suspicious D1 which resulted in him being tracked both N1 and N2.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 am UTC

Thanks for that Sabrar! Very thorough.

I think in retrospect we should have given the Arsonist a better Sash retrieval false-claim, since everyone else grabbed it by targeting and were even given "useless" targeting abilities to ensure that happened. So we should have thought of something else to give Gina, at least false-claim wise.

I'd also put the Sash win con in the role PM itself to stop any confusion. Can't believe I didn't think of "my precious" type flavour for the Sash as Bessie intimated there should have been. Maybe next year! :wink:

Glad we didn't end up giving everyone a second Sash-related ability, it would have gotten very complicated and I'm glad with how people were clearly scheming to get the Sash as well as town win, which was noice.

Also: looks like Sabrar-Madge Halloween games are a thing now?!? I am thrilled and terrified because I still miss DJ's games. I hope he's doing OK, wherever on the Internet he may be now.

Thanks again Sabrar for all your help and hard work, it's been a pleasure!

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 am UTC

I think my issue with the Sash wincon is that can allow some very, very stupid endgame situations if people are being really selfish. Not that she ever would, but if bessie had tried to block BoomFrog on N4 and I was playing as Town, I'd be very, very unimpressed with her play (compared to blocking mpolo) even if there was the excuse of trying to go for the Sash. In WoT3, I got dogpiled on (somewhat justifiably :P) for not immediately ignoring the completely optional secondary wincon that would require some suboptimal play. In this though, the phrasing of putting both goals at the same priority makes it harder to justify ignoring the Sash completely. Also, Sabrar, there is one unfortunate aspect of the Sash wincon which influences days other than the last; the only way to get a Sash win is to be alive at the end of the game. This means that Town is somewhat incentivized to act in a way to prioritize their own survival (such as by acting somewhat scummy as to not get NKed, even if they're a weaker role) starting from D1.

I think it's easier in games like this to just have one actual goal, and any other goals are just for fun, because of the team nature of the primary win. Having someone accidentally cause Town to lose by going too hard for their other personal win just feels terrible for everyone involved.

Biggest regret this game: not having somitomi do a Strongman kill N1 (though that would have been risky). Also, had been considering going for killing bessie and framing LaserGuy N1 which would have worked out a loooooot better in retrospect (oh, your cop result was given to the NK? How convenient for you...).

Oh yeah, Mafia chat is here I guess (I'm assuming somitomi's ok with this being shared, will remove instantly otherwise) https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rtUM4UMHmPe

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:21 am UTC

I think at the end of the day, the fact that you can only win with the Sash if you win with your side is enough to hopefully stop people from throwing the game for their side.

I definitely did want the game to feel competitive, and I think people all being quasi-Survivor was a feature, not a bug; though I don't deny it interacted with game balance.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 am UTC

Madge wrote:I think at the end of the day, the fact that you can only win with the Sash if you win with your side is enough to hopefully stop people from throwing the game for their side.
QFT, +1, etc.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am UTC

Yes, but if you've got the choice of doing something that decreases town's win chances from 90% to 80% while increasing your chances of a Sash win from 0% to 50% assuming Town wins, should you do it? It increases your expected wins from 0.9 to 1.2, so if you weigh them equally, you should. But then if everyone does it, you end up at a 50% winrate or something for town and everyone's worse off. Just ends up being a Prisoner's Dilemma, which sucks for everyone involved.

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:50 am UTC

BoomFrog woof!

Shoutouts and feedback tomorrow.

Sabrar wrote:- holding the Sash made you GodFather, Ninja and immune to roleblock/Frame.
Why did mpolo see me on N1? Shouldn’t I have been a ninja-tracker?

Return to “Mafia”