Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D2)

Postby dimochka » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:26 pm UTC

Sorry no flavor currently as I'm phone posting. Will adjust later

Votals:

Mark_Cangila(4): plytho, moody7277, wam, LaserGuy
wam(4): Sabrar, MasterOfAll, Mark_Cangila

Not voting: bessie, mpolo, SuicideJunkie, BoomFrog

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Provisional deadline is 9pm UTC, Friday, 28th December 2018 (about 1 day and 7.5 hours). Deadline timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/c ... nt=cursive

If people would prefer a 24 hour extension, please let us know asap, in thread or by PM.
Last edited by dimochka on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:12 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Checking because this seems to be a point of contention:

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:BoomFrog is voteless today. He may not vote.

dimochka wrote:Mark_Cangila(5): plytho, moody7277, wam, BoomFrog, LaserGuy

Is this votal correct?

Nope, my mistake. Corrected.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:17 pm UTC

Sorry no flavor currently as I'm still phone posting. Will adjust later.

Votals:

Mark_Cangila(4): plytho, moody7277, wam, LaserGuy
wam(5): Sabrar, MasterOfAll, Mark_Cangila, bessie

Not voting: mpolo, SuicideJunkie, BoomFrog

New deadline is 9pm UTC, Saturday, 29th December 2018. Deadline timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/c ... nt=cursive

However, if you guys want to end the day early, feel free.

dimochka

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D3)

Postby dimochka » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm UTC

Updating primarily to add the Deadline clock.

Votals:

LaserGuy(2): Vicarin, SuicideJunkie
SuicideJunkie(1): Sabrar

Not voting: Bessie, MasterOfAll, moody7277, Mark_Cangila, LaserGuy

With 8 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch (due to moody7277 not having a vote).

Deadline will be 8pm UTC, Monday the 7th of January 2019, in about 3 days and 1 hour.

jimbobmacdoodle

Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N5)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Rules:

Mods: jimbobmacdoodle & dimochka
Speed: approx 5 day Days, 2 day Nights. Extensions around Christmas and other busy times if necessary.
Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We've done our best to balance, but no guarantees.

Standard Rules:
Spoiler:
1. Do not talk about the game outside of this thread, apart from in a properly labeled spoiler in the discussion thread.
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. Once it is nighttime, do not post in the thread.
6. You may not quote the contents of any PM related to this game, but you can paraphrase.
7. If you have been killed in game, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information. Or something along those lines, without giving out any information or hints to anyone still playing.
8. You may not edit your posts unless explicitly told to do so by the mod (which is not in any way expected to happen).
9. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
10. You must play to achieve your win condition.
11. Please make an effort to include the mods on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
12. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are strongly preferred but not required. If I miss something, let us know.

Game Specific Rules (IMPORTANT: Please Read):

1. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night as soon as the mod posts a day-end post, or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not a mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.

2. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends and holidays. If you are going to be away for an extended period, please let us know. Otherwise, you will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. Failure to respond to a prod within 48 hours will result in a replacement or modkill.

3. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.

4. In the event of a tied vote, the player who has been at the current vote count or higher the longest continuously up to the deadline will be lynched, unless all players are voting for 2 players (or a player and No Lynch), in which case there will be No Lynch.

5. This setup is closed and moderately bastard. We will not lie to you or provide misleading information, but may choose not to answer questions. Generally, we will not answer questions about how a particular role will interact with another claimed or hypothetical role. Some roles may have hidden elements or have somewhat bastard mechanics subject to the restrictions indicated at the bottom of this section.

6. Please abide by any posting restrictions or other restrictions on your abilities. Failure to do so will result in a mod penalty up to and including a modkill.

7. You may not, under any circumstances, claim, hint at, or otherwise discuss the name, flavour, abilities or anything else about the role that you submitted. Please do not attempt to circumvent this rule (e.g. mass claiming "I did not submit a cop" is not acceptable). Violators will suffer severe penalties. Claiming your received role is fine as long as you do not directly quote from the PM. This restriction does not apply within any chat groups that may exist (e.g. a scum team may discuss their submitted roles amongst themselves, but may not reveal any info in thread), but may not be discussed outside that chat group (a chat group is any group of players with the ability to communicate with each other secretly during the day and/or night).

8. The flavor and abilities of submitted roles may have been altered at the mods' discretion. Players will not be informed if their role has been changed from its original conception.

9. No information will be revealed about how the roles were distributed or balanced. If you submitted a role with a suggested alignment, it may or may not be that alignment.

10. MYLO/LYLO will NOT be announced.

11. Players may not self-target or target dead players unless their role PM says they may.

12. You are still in the game until a mod informs you otherwise, even if hammered or killed. Please do not read spoilers until you are informed you may do so.

Sample Town role PM:
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Jimbob the Eloquent

Flavour

You are well known for your long and elaborate letters explaining your thoughts and guesses about whose skills mean what. These skills are always handy in the inevitable debates you encounter when on quests.

Role: Wall poster

Mechanics: You must make at least one post a day that is at least 1000 words long. If you do, you will be informed lots of information about the setup that really nobody should know.

Win Condition: You are a member of the Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated, and at least one member of Town is still alive.

Submitted Role Mechanics:
Spoiler:
1. Roles should be playable by any faction.
2. Players removed from the game may not be brought back to life.
3. No spoiler-reading roles.
4. No flavor-writing/influencing roles.
5. No alignment-changing roles.
6. Flips will reveal all role details including hidden mechanics.
7. We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone.

Player List:

1. LaserGuy
2. Boomfrog (Killed N2)
3. wam (Lynched D2)
4. moody7277 (Killed N4)
5. Sabrar (Killed D3)
6. Madge (Lynched D1)
7. plytho (Killed N2)
8. bessie
9. Mark_Cangila (Lynched D4)
10. mpolo Vicarin (Killed N3)
11. SuicideJunkie (Lynched D3)
12. MoA

I am sending out role PMs now. Game will start once sufficient players have confirmed and I have a chance to write D1 flavour.
Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:06 pm UTC, edited 13 times in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (pregame)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:34 pm UTC

There was a bit of confusion about the tied vote rules. Just to clarify, in a tied vote situation, the one has had the current number of votes OR MORE the longest up to the deadline will be lynched. Thus if player A is at 3 votes, and then player B is voted to put them also at 3 votes, then another player votes and unvotes player A (temporarily putting them at 4 votes), they will still be the one lynched in a tie breaker. On the other hand, if one of player A's voters subsequently unvotes then revotes, that will break the continuity and player B will be lynched. I've updated the rules post a little accordingly.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D1)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Is Mark_Cangila aware that the game has started?
No idea. His role PM is no longer in my outbox, but that might be because dimochka read it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:27 am UTC

bessie wrote:Were alignments randomly assigned to players?
Yes.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:07 pm UTC

As they stopped for a rest, one of the party approached Sir Jimbob, who was staring idly across an open vista admiring the view.

"What can I do for you Sir bessie?" he asked.

"My Lord, my hunting dog here is getting bored. Could we perhaps, um, move forward with this quest?"

"What, we've been only going for 2 minutes..."

"It's been 3 days since we moved from here."

"Oh."

Votals:

wam (2): plytho, LaserGuy
MasterOfAll (2): Mark_Cangila, wam
SuicideJunkie (1): MasterOfAll
Sabrar (1): BoomFrog

(Please let me know if there are any mistakes).

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. As things stand, wam would be lynched.

Deadline will be 9pm UTC, Wednesday 19th December (sorry it's a bit later than ideal, but I'm out all of Tuesday until late).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 pm UTC

"My liege, here are the vote counts you asked me to keep track of."

Votals:

wam (3): plytho, LaserGuy, MasterOfAll
MasterOfAll (2): wam, BoomFrog

(Please let me know if there are any mistakes).

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline will be 9pm UTC, Wednesday 19th December in 48 hours.
Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:54 pm UTC

wam wrote:Boomfrog is voting twice?

Oops, no I've edited to fix. This is why unvotes are helpful :P
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 pm UTC

"Have you lot not made up your minds yet? I'm hearing people shout that they don't trust Sirs MasterOfAll, wam, Madge and Mark_Cangila. If you don't make your collective minds up soon, I'm just going to pick whoever shouts the loudest!"

Votals:

MasterOfAll (2): Sabrar, plytho
Mark_Cangila (2): wam, BoomFrog
wam (2): MasterOfAll, bessie
Madge (2): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy

Not voting: Mark_Cangila, Madge, moody7277, mpolo

Phone posting, so I might have made a mistake. As things stand, MasterOfAll will be lynched (I think). The above order is based on the 2-vote lynch priority.

Deadline is 9pm UTC, Wednesday 19th December in roughly 7 and three quarter hours.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 pm UTC

One of the squires walked up to Sir Jimbob. "Mi'lord, one of the knights appears to have fallen asleep."

"We'll, best give him a bit of a kick then..."

I'll modprod mpolo shortly.

Votals:

MasterOfAll (2): Sabrar, BoomFrog
Mark_Cangila (1): plytho
wam (3): MasterOfAll, bessie, Mark_Cangila
Madge (4): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody, wam

Not voting: Madge, mpolo

Phone posting, so I might have made a mistake. As things stand, Madge will be lynched (I think).

Deadline is 9pm UTC, Wednesday 19th December in roughly 1 and a half hours.

I may not be around until around an hour after deadline, but dimochka may be.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MAY NOT READ SPOILERS UNTIL TOLD YOU CAN!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 pm UTC

Time's up, no more posting! Day end post to follow shortly.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 pm UTC

“Right, I believe this is far enough. I make it a whole mile from the castle. Everybody, tie up your horses to the tree over there, and then let’s gather around this fire that somebody conveniently left lit.”

The knights stood around telling the squires what to do. Some tied up some of the others, who’d been following along making appropriate horse noises. Nobody was actually going to waste a perfectly good warhorse on such a journey.

Once all the preparations for camp were complete, the questors assembled themselves together. There’d been a lot of arguing that some in the party didn’t actually have any plans to help the group at all. Some were proposing honour duels, or outright stringing them up!

Eventually, a pair of the knights appeared to be the most unpopular. Some were arguing that Sir MasterOfAll was trying to pretend that his name actually meant what it said. Others argued that Sir Madge was spending half his or her time (there was some confusion over the knight’s gender at one point!) asleep and the rest moaning.

Sir Jimbob pulled one of the squires to one side when the rest of the group were still arguing. After a few moments the squire walked up behind Sir Madge and hit her over the head with a large club. Sir Madge collapsed to the floor.

“Well, that is that argument sorted,” Sir Jimbob said. “Let’s get some rest. And please nobody get up to too many more shenanigans whilst I’m trying to sleep! Oh, and you there, please drag Sir Madge back to the castle. Maybe she’s probably only mostly dead, and can be revived.”

Votals:

Madge (4): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody7277, plytho
MasterOfAll (4): Sabrar, BoomFrog, bessie, wam
wam (2): MasterOfAll, Mark_Cangila

Not voting: Madge, mpolo

Madge has been lynched, as per the tie-breaker rules. Role reveal in the morning.

It is now night. Please submit your night actions. Night deadline in a little under 48 hours from this post (all things being equal). If people are desperate for a night deadline clock, let me know.

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:52 am UTC

D2: The Festive Foe

It took a long time for the camp to quiet down that night. Squires bustled about from place to place. Knights strolled around. The servants dressed up as steeds pretended to neigh. Eventually, it all quietened down, and everybody went to sleep.

The next morning, everybody emerged once more. It didn’t take long for members of the group to start sniggering, as Sir BoomFrog emerged, wearing nothing but underwear on their lower-half. Apparently somebody had thought it hilarious to steal his breaches, and nobody was now taking him seriously.

BoomFrog is voteless today. He may not vote.

After the giggling had died down a little, somebody pointed out that some people were missing. Where the fake-horses had been tied up, there was only a bit of chewed up rope, dangling from a tree. Sir bessie’s hunting dog sniffed around and barked. It had picked up a scent.

“Aha,” cried Sir Jimbob, “our foe is revealed! Quick, follow the dog!”

The knights all rushed after the dog as fast as they could. After a few minutes, they came to the crest of a small hill, devoid of trees or shrubs. There sat atop a rock, with its back turned to the party was a small rodent. The dog growled quietly at it from a distance, but wouldn’t approach any further.

“I know that mouse. It is the Dreaded Mouse of Weihnacht!” muttered one of the party. “It’s the deadliest beast this side of Camelot!”

“Now men, hush, the rodent has not seen us. It will be a great honour for someone to kill it,” said Sir Jimbob. “Who would like to volunt…”

At that moment, the Mouse turned around and stared straight at the group. Panic ensued, and the whole party turned and fled from the scene. Back at the camp, they regathered their wits and began planning. Sir Jimbob was muttering something about Sir wam being the culprit for reasons nobody seemed to really understand.

“My liege,” said one of the squires as they returned, “the group who took Sir Madge back to the castle left her belongings behind. “Would you care to look over them?”

Madge was lynched. She was Sir Blitzen the Shiny, Town:
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Blitzen the Shiny

Flavour:

You care a lot about your looks and love to polish your armour until it is bright silver (or rather, get your poor squires to do it for you). This is particularly noticeable on your shield, which is so shiny that it can dazzle people using even moonlight.

Power: Knight of the Mirror

Mechanics: You will passively redirect any non-killing [edit]targeting you[/edit] back onto the user of that ability, resulting in the user self-targeting.

Win Condition: You are a member of the Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated, and at least one member of Town is still alive.

Hidden Mechanics: None

It is now Day 2. Deadline will be in approximately 7 days (exact deadline to be announced later). If people would prefer a longer Day 2 due to the Christmas holidays, please say so.

Votals:

wam(1): None

Not voting: Everybody

Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:20 am UTC

I made a small mistake in Madge's ability (now fixed): it only reflected powers targeting her.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 pm UTC

"You, squire, send word to the castle that they should bring the Christmas Banquet out to yonder hilltop. It will make a good view! Perhaps we will have roast mouse with it..."

Votals:

Mark_Cangila(3): plytho, moody7277, wam
wam(1): None

Not voting: LaserGuy, BoomFrog, Sabrar, bessie, Mark_Cangila, mpolo, SuicideJunkie, MasterOfAll

Provisional deadline is 9pm UTC, Friday, 28th December 2018. Deadline timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/c ... nt=cursive

If people would prefer a 24 hour extension, please let me know at least 48 hours before the deadline, in thread or by PM.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:17 pm UTC

The knights were all arguing about which of them should be sent to defeat the Mouse. It seemed like two of the knights were being put forward for the honour of doing so.

Votals:

Mark_Cangila(3): plytho, moody7277, wam
wam(3): Sabrar, MasterOfAll

Not voting: LaserGuy, BoomFrog, bessie, Mark_Cangila, mpolo, SuicideJunkie

Provisional deadline is 9pm UTC, Friday, 28th December 2018. Deadline timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/c ... nt=cursive

If people would prefer a 24 hour extension, please let me know at least 48 hours before the deadline, in thread or by PM.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:25 am UTC

Please remember that it is against the rules to state anything about your submission in thread, including anything that says that you did not submit a specific role, or strongly implies that to be the case.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm UTC

BoomFrog is voteless and his vote should not be listed. I'm currently on a phone in a foreign country, so internet is too weak to check the right number, but the only current affects affecting the votals are the extra wam vote and no vote for BoomFrog.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:08 am UTC

As several people were out of contact for a couple of days (including the mods), I'm granting a 24 hour extension. Deadline will now be Saturday the 29th no sooner than 9pm UTC. Either dimochka or I will post a new deadline timer once we get a chance.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:18 pm UTC

"Mi'lord, some of the group are complaining of being tired. Perhaps we should take a break?"

"What? Half of them have been asleep for most of the day! Once they have made the decision who will be given the honour of taking on the Mouse, then we will stop, no sooner!"

Votals:

Mark_Cangila(3): moody7277, wam, LaserGuy
BoomFrog(1): plytho

Deadline is 9pm UTC, Saturday, 29th December 2018, a little under 4 hours from now. Deadline timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/c ... nt=cursive

We have a replacement available for mpolo, who will replace in during the Night.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:49 pm UTC

As the sun began to set, a group of knights came to Sir Jimbob, to declare what they had agreed upon.

“After spending much time in silent deliberation and contemplation, we have decided that the honour of slaying the Dreaded Mouse of Weihnachten should fall to Sir wam. A few others felt that for his assistance last night, Sir Mark_Cangila was more deserving, but the majority has decided.”

“Very well,” replied Sir Jimbob, “the honour shall fall to him.” Under his breath he muttered “it should have been me, for I am the greatest here, but we must observe this supposed democracy rule.”

The group of knights approached Sir wam who had already started to prepare himself for a good (k)night’s sleep. Sir Sabrar spoke on their behalf. “Sir wam, we have a Christmas gift for you. However, first, you should get yourself fully armed and armoured, and we will blindfold you to make it a surprise.”

Sir wam didn’t look too sure about this plan, but with 5 large armoured knights surrounding him, he didn’t exactly have much choice. He got himself ready, and one of the others grabbed a strip of cloth to tie around their victim’s eye slit. Suitably prepared, they escorted up the nearby hillside, to where his destiny awaited him. Once near the summit, the knights undid the blindfold, and all but Sir bessie and Sir wam immediately dashed back down the hill.

“You have been given the honour of defeating the Dreaded Mouse up on the summit. We all know that you deserve this chance,” Sir bessie explained gradually retreating backwards down the hill, shouting as they got further away. “Don’t return without its head, or your honour will be forever tainted for spurning this opportunity.”

With that, Sir wam was left alone on the hill. Only time would tell what would happen to the unfortunate victim…

Votals:

Mark_Cangila(3): moody7277, wam, LaserGuy
BoomFrog(1): plytho

wam has been lynched.

Don’t forget that you may not read spoilers until notified by the mods.

It is now Night. Deadline is 6pm UTC, Monday 31st December (shortened to not conflict with New Year's celebrations here). If people need more time during this window due to New Year’s Eve, please let us know.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:24 am UTC

Effective immediately, Vicarin replaces mpolo.

We are still waiting on some night action submissions. Please send them in ASAP, or you risk not having an action!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 pm UTC

It's come to my attention that I forgot to state in the rules post that players may not target dead players. However, that is an intended rule. I am updating the rules post accordingly.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:08 am UTC

Night deadline has passed. You may no longer change your action. Result PMs and D2 flavour should be posted in the next 12 hours, but I'm going to bed! Happy New Year!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D3)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:57 am UTC

D3: Christmas Chaos

For many, the following night was not a quiet one. Many of the knights were up to various schemes and plots to make sure their agenda was fulfilled or to try to prepare themselves for the next day. The next morning, they emerged from their tents to see freshly fallen snow on the ground. Some of the party decided to go and have a dip in the freezing water of a nearby lake, whilst others watched over the squires preparing the morning meal.

Eventually, Sir Jimbob called the knights together. One of the knights approached the group rather sheepishly, wearing only a thick nightgown. The other knights suppressed sniggers.

“Sir moody, why are you not properly attired for the day's dealings?” Sir Jimbob asked. “I don't think a quest can be performed wearing such a ridiculous outfit.”

“Some prankster decided to steal my clothes during the night. It'll take a while for my squire to fetch some replacement,” Sir moody replied.

Moody7277 is voteless today. He may not vote.

“Hmmm… Okay…,” grumbled Sir Jimbob. “Also, it looks like we are two members short. Squire! Go and see what has become of Sirs plytho and BoomFrog.

“Now, onto today's affairs. Sir wam has not returned from his solo quest. Our scouts went up the hill to see if they could ascertain what happened. They returned to report that the Mouse is still alive, and that there was no sign of Sir wam. All that could be found of him were the remains of his pack. Worse, from rooting through his remaining belongings, I have determined that he is a traitor to this quest, and was apparently in league with one or more others. He was carrying a strange mirror, which a few of our experts here have evaluated.”

Wam was lynched. He was Sir Alan the Annoying, a member of the Mafia:
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Alan the Annoying

Flavour:

Whether laughing too loud at dinner at the Round Table, or having your horse accidentally step on a squire's foot, you've got an uncanny knack of making people's lives more "interesting". This time, you've drawn the ire of the court magician, and he's decided to give you something as a "lesson" in being careful.

People don’t particularly like you being around, so together with XXX, you plan on teaching them a bit of a lesson.

Role: Merlin’s Mirror

Mechanics: Each night you may use the mirror on any other player. Their actions will be redirected based on the mirror image of the player list. E.g. If Player 1 targets Player 2 on the player list, they will be redirected to Player N-1, where N is the last player on the list.

Win Condition: You are a member of the Mafia, together with XXX. You win when all others have been eliminated, and at least one Mafia member is still alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Factional Ability: You have access to a factional night kill. Please inform the mods who you wish to kill each night, and which Mafia member will perform the kill. You have day and night chat with XXX. Feel free to create a quicktopic, or use PMs, but please CC the mods in all communication.

Hidden Mechanics: The player using the mirror will automatically have one permanent vote on them the following day, as long as the game is not in LYLO.

They continued to discuss their plans for a few more minutes. It was clear that something else needed to be done about the Mouse of Weihnachten, if this quest was to be successful. Eventually, Sir Jimbob's squire returned and spoke quietly to the leader of the expedition. His report given, he hurried away.

“I'm afraid to report that Sir plytho has vanished and that Sir BoomFrog was found unconscious in their tent,” Sir Jimbob explained. “Sir BoomFrog has been taken back to the castle, and our quest must continue without them both. The squires have dug through their belongings to see what they can find out about them. Apparently, Sir plytho was attempting to communicate with spirits, and Sir BoomFrog appears to have been learning to practice ventriloquy. Quite what they were hoping to achieve, I don't know… Anyway, let us proceed forth in honour of them!”

Sir plytho has been killed. He was Sir Rudolph the Pious, a member of Town.
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Rudolph the Pious

Flavour:

Years of mediation and study have allowed you to transcend this mortal coil and speak directly to the spirits of the dead. The omnipresent spirits follow you everywhere and guide your actions.

Role: Spirit Knight

Mechanics: Each night you may chat with all players who died since the start of the previous Night (except for players who were mod-killed). The chat will be in a single group chat. You may use a quicktopic or PM as you see fit. Please include the mods in all communication.

Sir BoomFrog has been killed. He was Sir Comet the Obnoxious, a member of Town.
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Comet the Obnoxious

Flavour:

You were never given presents as a child at the Christmas Festival by your parents, and you have held that against everyone ever since. Now, you like to pretend to give presents, when in fact you just give lumps of coal to everyone. It’s a mess and gets everywhere too, which makes it all the better.

Role: Cursed Ventriloquist

Mechanics: Each night, you may target another player. That player will now speak with your voice. This takes the form of a post restriction. The targeted player will be obligated to write all their posts entirely in italics, as long as they are affected by the ability. Additionally, they must include one sentence of your choice in their Nth post the next Day (your choice). Please include your choices for all aspects when submitting your action.

You may also send anonymous messages. You may send a single message to up to half the remaining players (rounded up) each Night. The message content may vary for each different target. Messages should be sent to the mods who will include them in that player’s night results PM.

Hidden Mechanics: After the first successful use of the power, the player loses their voice and may only write “yes”, “no”, and emojis for the next Day. They may also vote and quote, but quotes must be of whole sentences, not individual words. The player with the post restriction now has the voice. It will automatically transfer to the target of that player’s next action (if possible, randomly selected if multiple targets), if the player has a targeting ability. If they do not have a targeting ability, it will move to the next player to target them (chosen at random if multiple players target them on the same Night). If the player who has the voice dies, the voice returns to the Ventriloquist. When the voice moves from a player, they lose their voice for the following Day in the same manner as the Ventriloquist did.

It is now Day 3. Deadline will be in approximately 6 days (exact deadline to be announced later).

Votals:

None

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 am UTC

"Do, what should we do to destroy that mouse, everyone?" asked Sir Jimbob.

"I propose we send another knight to take it on. I think Sir LaserGuy should have the honour," replied Sir Vicarin.

"Wait, who are you?"

Votals:

LaserGuy(2): Vicarin, SuicideJunkie
SuicideJunkie(1): Sabrar

Not voting: Bessie, MasterOfAll, moody7277, Mark_Cangila, SuicideJunkie

Deadline will be 8pm UTC, Monday the 7th of January 2019. Deadline clock to follow later.
Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:53 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I'm not currently voting. I believe SJ is voting for me.

Oops, yes. Fixed. Serves me right for trying to post votals via my phone!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 am UTC

That's hammer! No more posting. Day end post to follow when I get home this evening.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm UTC

After how long the previous day had dragged on for, this day seemed to go much faster for some reason. However, in many regards otherwise, it was basically the same. Sir Jimbob was disappointed that none of the group seemed to be rushing off to take on the beast up the mountain. How could the quest conclude, if everybody was being too selfless and wanting everyone else to go and defeat the Mouse. He even briefly considered going up himself, only to remember that as the local Representative, he was forbidden to get between the others and the quest’s goal. At least, that’s what he kept telling himself…

Today’s arguments were largely based on what several of the knights claimed they’d witnessed or found out about each other. Cries of “Sir LaserGuy crossed the Great Gorge to defeat the Fell Feline” and “Sir SuicideJunkie is well-known for his service alongside the servants, putting himself no higher than others” rang around the camp as each knight put forward their argument for why others should go and not them. Some didn’t commit to any opinion, even though they weren’t willing to put themselves in.

It was early evening as the knights gathered at the foot of the hill. The candidates were already armed and armoured, knowing that their fates might be sealed soon, as the rest of the group tried to swing things this way or that. Although not everybody had committed to an opinion, it seemed like the balance was pretty even between the two.

Suddenly, with an hour still to go before the deadline, Sir SuicideJunkie raised their voice. “I’ve had enough of all your arguments. I put myself through the hard work of helping out the kitchen servants. I’m taking things into my own hands, and I deserve to go.”

With that, they dashed up the hill.

Sir Sabrar, felt a sense of compulsion to go after the other knight. Although in their mind, Sir SuicideJunkie was the most deserving, taking it upon themself was certainly not appropriate. They ran off to try to stop the errant knight, leaving the other knights looking slightly bewildered. From a distance, they could hear a loud amount of noise, and suddenly a small explosion from the top. What could have happened? Darkness was falling. They’d need to wait until morning for it to be safe to brave the hill again.

SuicideJunkie has been lynched. Sabrar has been killed.

Votals:

SuicideJunkie (4): Sabrar, bessie, MasterOfAll, SuicideJunkie

Not voting: Vicarin, moody7277, Mark_Cangila, LaserGuy

It is now night. Please submit your night actions. Night deadline in approximately 48 hours. Deadline timer.

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N3)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 pm UTC

Day 4: Explosive Presents

Several of the knights did not get much sleep that night, as they considered all that had happened the previous day. Some questioned what honour truly means, whilst others tried to figure out why Sir SuicideJunkie had gone off dashing up the hill. Others wondered why Sir Sabrar had gone chasing after them. Sir Jimbob woke up wondering what the groans were that were coming from one of the other knights’ tents. Several squires were running around it, and soon enough, they emerged carrying Sir Vicarin. The knight was clearly very unwell. Could it be last knight’s stew had one bad bit in or something? It was off to the apothecary with that knight, and doubtful they’d return. After the squires had left, Sir Jimbob went into the tent to take a look at what was going on in there. It certainly smelt terrible, though whether it was just the remains of half-digested stew, or something else, he couldn’t tell. Still, it would be best to check that their personal belongings were, um, safe… It mostly consisted of a set of books, labelled things like “Philosophy for Beginners” and “How to be a Philosophical Knight”. What strange interests…

Vicarin has been "killed" during the night. They were Sir Cupid the Confused, a member of Town:
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Cupid the Confused

Flavour:

You always feel like you can figure things out based on differences. Unfortunately, nothing is quite the same, so it can get very confusing at times if you try to compare too much. Still, maybe you can figure out people’s relative goals if you compare exactly two of them together at any one time.

Role: Yin Yang

Mechanics: Each night you may target a player. You may choose for that player to either be rendered immune to all other powers that night and voteless the next Day phase, or be roleblocked that night and gain a double vote the next Day phase. The vote change will be publicly announced at Day start.

Hidden Mechanics:
If a player targets another player a second time with this ability, the choice made is automatically inverted, if a third time, it is normal, a fourth inverted again and so on.
How strange. Anyway, it was time to summon the troops and find out what had happened to Sirs SuicideJunkie and Sabrar. The remaining five knights all gathered around Sir Jimbob and they all proceeded up the hill, weapons drawn. Who knows where the Mouse might jump from at any minute? The fact that the two had not returned was clear indication that it was to be feared. Near the top where the Mouse had first been sighted, there was a small crater, and two armoured figures lying unconscious nearby. It looked like they’d been sent flying by whatever caused the explosion.

The group checked them out and their belongings, like any good knight would do. Sir Sabrar appeared to be wearing a strange vest of somekind. It seemed to be missing something on one side, as evidenced by the fact that there were several black orbs tied to the other. One of the knights went to grab it when Sir Jimbob shouted “Stop! I know that device. I’ve seen Sir Sabrar make strange things like that before. If you touch it, it could explode and kill us all! I suspect something like that must have happened to him. Everybody knows that his experiments don’t always go to plan. And look here, he has some kind of journal that’s been part torn apart. The last readable sheet says something about the vest bringing someone closer to them. I wonder who?”

Sabrar “died” at the end of Day 3. He was Sir Dasher the Resourceful, a member of Town.
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Dasher the Resourceful

Flavour:

You have become well known throughout the kingdom for your ability to turn seemingly useless items into impressive-looking weapons or suits of armour. Sometimes they are even practical! I suppose you have the compulsory blacksmith training to thank for that…

Role: Inventor

Mechanics: Each night, target another player and send the mods a PM containing what item you wish to give them. The item will have a one-shot ability of your choice. Be warned: the more powerful the ability, the more likely it is to have some sort of negative side-effect (which may be a hidden mechanic). You may not target the same player more than once with this ability.

Hidden Mechanics:
Standard abilities like bulletproof, cop, watcher, tracker etc will not have any side-effects. Example negative effects are greedy investigative powers (e.g. mass cops) giving false results or greedy protective or obstructive powers might backfiring in some fashion (e.g. making a kill unblockable).
Sabrar was wearing a Neighbourizing Suicide Vest.

Sir SuicideJunkie’s pack included a whole load of scrolls and other scribblings, many of which had been torn apart, but some which were just understandable. They appeared to be all sorts of curses and spells, the kind that the local witch liked to use. They too had a journal, which was more intact than Sir Sabrar’s. It mostly contained rants about being maltreated and how the knight planned on “showing them all”.

SuicideJunkie has been lynched. He was Sir Vixen the Grumpy, Serial Killer.
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Vixen the Grumpy

Flavour:

It’s not really a surprise that you are so grumpy; you always seem to get the worst jobs. Whether it be cleaning out the stables or scrubbing the cooking pots, it always seems to land on you. And you’re supposed to be a noble knight! Fortunately, a recent visit to the local witch has given you a set of curses you can place on people. However, your sense of honour means they have to do something extra-serious before you can really set them off.

Power: Disgruntled Christmas Elf

Mechanics: Each night, you may place a curse on one player. That player will remain cursed for the rest of the game. If you are ever lynched, all players who voted for you and were cursed will also die. If you are ever killed by an ability, all cursed players who targeted you that Day/Night will die at the end of that Day/Night phase.

Win Condition:
You are a Serial Killer. You win when all other players have been eliminated. You do not need to be alive to achieve this win condition!

Factional Abilities: Every other night you may target a player with a kill. You may not kill on consecutive nights. You may kill and curse on the same night.

How disturbing! A knight who felt abused by the whole rest of the group! And who would go to the lengths of seeking a witch’s assistance too!

The group searched the immediate area for a few minutes. There were the remains of various half-eaten creatures strewn around the hilltop, but no sign of the Mouse. It certainly didn’t die from the explosion, that much was clear. As they gathered to discuss their next plan, Sir bessie’s faithful hound started barking.

“She’s picked up a scent!” cried Sir bessie. “Quick, let’s follow it, before the Mouse gets away!”

The whole group charged off, leaving the two unconscious figures lying there alone still.

It is now Day 4. Deadline will be on 8pm UTC, Monday the 14th.

Votals:

None

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D4)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:55 pm UTC

Drive-by post as I go to bed. Don't forget that deadline is 8pm UTC on Monday, i.e. approximately 21 hours time. I will try to get a votals post etc up in the morning.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm UTC

The knights were running ahead, arguing over what they should do when they finally caught up with the Mouse. It took a while for one of the group to look around and realise that Sir Jimbob and his entourage were nowhere to be seen. The group stopped and waited. After a few minutes, Sir Jimbob emerged from back down the path, strolling casually forward.

"What are you lot standing around for? We don't have long left before nightfall, and we must rush on! Go!"

Votals:

MasterOfAll (1): Mark_Cangila
Mark_Cangila (1): moody7277

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. As things stand, MasterOfAll would be lynched.

Deadline in a little over 6 hours, at 8pm UTC today. Countdown timer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:20 pm UTC

That's hammer. Will post day end post later.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 pm UTC

The chase to track the Mouse had exhausted everyone. Running in full-plate armour was not exactly the easiest of tasks. Why anybody thought it was a good idea to leave the horses behind was not clear at all. Darkness was falling, and there was still no sign of their prey. The hound seemed to be uncertain by the scent after a day of chasing.

Somebody mentioned about stopping, and that was that for the day, as each knight sank to the ground, worn out. Five minutes later, the squires carrying all the camp gear, showed up.

“How did you get here so fast?” gasped Sir Moody, in between breaths. “We’ve been running for hours!”

The squires looked at each other uncertainly, before the youngest piped up, “Milord, you have been going round in circles. The camp is only 10 minutes walk from here. When we realised what was going on, we decided to stop following you and climb a hill to watch as you went by over and over again, and just waited for you to stop.”

The group of knights glared at the squires, but couldn’t keep it up for more than a fraction of a second, before they collapsed again.

“Well men,” Sir Jimbob said, “it would seem that the Mouse of Weihnachten has been leading us on a merry goose chase. Perhaps we should take a rest. However, before retiring to your tents, I must ask you to nominate one person to go and trace down where it went.”

The knights grumbled among themselves. One or two even muttered something about “nice warm beds” out of earshot of the leader. There was a difference of opinion about who to nominate, and nobody seemed eager to do it. However, a consensus eventually formed, and with that Sir Mark_Cangila sighed, got up, and left the camp, walking into the rapidly darkening woods alone.

Mark_Cangila has been lynched.

Votals:

Mark_Cangila (3): moody7277, MasterOfAll, LaserGuy
MasterOfAll(1): Mark_Cangila

Not voting: bessie

It is now night. Please submit your night actions. Night deadline in about 47 hours. Deadline timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/c ... nt=cursive.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm UTC

Of Dogs and Mice

The next morning, Sir Jimbob was woken up by shouting coming from the centre of the camp. He emerged from his tent, to see Sir bessie complaining to one of the squires about something.

“What’s the matter?” he asked. Sir bessie, indicated the cage behind her. Inside was her hound, locked away, and staring imploringly with puppy-dog eyes at everybody who would look. It looked very sad. “I got up this morning to find my dog locked away in here. And now nobody is claiming to have the key.”

“Huh, how strange,” replied Sir Jimbob. “Oh well, there’s not much that can be done about it. We’ll get the blacksmith to let the dog back out when we get back to the ca…”

A shout came up from another direction, from one of the squires. “My lords, you’d best come quick! Something has happened!” he in a panic-stricken voice. The two knights, followed the squire, and were joined by Sir LaserGuy and Sir MasterOfAll, who were both emerging from their tents to see what the fuss was about. A short way up the path was a body lying on the floor. Sir Jimbob rolled him over with his foot. It was Sir moody, with a lump of coal stuffed in their mouth. Their eyes were closed, although after checking, a very faint pulse could still be felt.

“Quick, best get him back to the castle. The apothecaries will be able to sort them out. Coal choking is well within their repertoire, I’m sure.” The other knights looked at each other with worried glances, before following Sir Jimbob back to Sir moody’s tent. In it were the knight’s belongings, including a sack containing various strange herbs and plants, scrolls, and stoppered-up bottles. Some were mysterious, but overall they seemed to be remedies and spells to hold off evil spirits and the like. Otherwise, they seemed to be organised and tidy.

moody7277 has been killed. They were Sir Dancer the the Curious, member of Town. They had a piece of coal.
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Dancer the Curious

Flavour:

Rumours say that Saint Nicholas has a Naughty and Nice list that he checks twice. It’s a theory you’ve thought to try out. Exactly how you can tell who is and isn’t nice is not very clear, but you’ll give it your best shot.

Role: Mistledon’t

Mechanics: Each night, you may target a player. That player will become immune to the next power to target them. If multiple powers target them on the night this ability is used, the most harmful one will be blocked. If the target is not targeted by any other ability that night, they become immune to the first power to target them the following night.

Hidden Mechanics: None (the exact order of precedence will not be revealed).
The knights emerged from their tent to see Sir Mark_Cangila walk back into the camp, holding a small cloth bag.

“Ha! I told you I could do it alone. Sir SuicideJunkie was a great inspiration to me, seeking to take on the beast with determination. I present to you the Dreaded Mouse of Weihnachten!” they shouted triumphantly.

They emptied the contents of the bag out onto the floor. Out fell a small, regular field mouse. The rest of the party looked on, and then began to laugh.

“You think that’s the Dreaded Mouse??” cried Sir LaserGuy.

“The castle cat can take on bigger beasts than that,” agreed Sir MasterOfAll.

Sir Mark went redder and redder. It took a while for the laughter to die down, until eventually Sir Jimbob raised a hand, trying to look as solemn as possible, but at the same time, clearly suppressing a smirk.

“I think you have just shown your incompetence, Sir Mark. Congratulations. I don’t think you have any reason to be here now, and I suggest you return to the castle. Perhaps you can assist the squires with carrying Sir moody back?”

“Fine! I’ll show you all one day.” The humiliated knight threw their pack at one of the squires, scattering and various books and devices everywhere, before marching off. Some were things like magnifying glasses, and books by “How to be a Great Detective”.

Mark_Canigla was lynched. He was Sir Wong the Balanced, Serial Killer:
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Wong the Balanced

Flavour:

You have travelled far from your homeland seeking a noble court to join. Now you have found it, and I trying to teach those present the wisdom of for balance in all things. You try to both give and take away from each other noble, despite what they want.

Power: XOR cop

Mechanics:
Each night, select 2 targets. You will receive a “Not Town” result if exactly 1 of the targets is not Town. If both or neither target are Town, you will receive a “Town” result.

Win Condition: You are an Underdog. You do not currently have a win condition. If you die before gaining one you will lose. You become a member of whichever faction is eliminated first or would otherwise be end-gamed (e.g. you will become Town if Town mislynch at LYLO, or will gain an independent’s win condition if they are killed before achieving their win condition).

Hidden Mechanic: If both targets use a targeted night action, their intended targets are swapped. If either target is immune, then receives No Result.
"Right, does anybody have any suggestions as to what to do next?” Sir Jimbob asked.

A loud squeak came from a tree overhead in response. Everybody looked up. There, sat in a branch was the Mouse. It looked at them and then jumped away. The knights drew their swords and started running after it again.

It is now Day 5. Deadline will be on 8pm UTC, Monday the 21st (I can’t make it much sooner due to other commitments, but will try to find some time if hammer falls earlier than that).

Votals:

None

With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D5)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm UTC

Sir MasterOfAll sidled up to Sir Jimbob as the group paused for breath. "I was just um... wondering if, um... anything else was found in Sir Mark_Cangila's belongings, say, maybe a lump of coal, like found on Sir moody?"

"Hmmm?" responded Sir Jimbob, distractedly, his mind elsewhere. "Oh, yes, I forgot to mention it. Funny how everybody seems to be carrying around coal, eh?"

Sorry, yes, Mark was carrying a lump of coal.

Votals:

LaserGuy (1): MasterOfAll
MasterOfAll (1): LaserGuy

Not voting: bessie

With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch. Deadline is 8pm UTC on Monday (but feel free to end it earlier if you wish).

FYI, I won't be around most of Saturday, and if hammer falls overnight my time on any night, you'll have to wait until my evening time for a day end post.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D5)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am UTC

That's hammer. No more posting. Day end post to follow later in the evening. Feel free to submit night actions in the meantime.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Return to “Mafia”