Page 5 of 15

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:04 pm UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Votals:

  • Wam <--(5, max 6)
    • Plytho
    • Sabrar
    • Moody7277
    • Mark_Cangila
    • Somitomi
    • Freezeblade
  • Mark_Cangila <--(1)
    • Sabrar

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:13 pm UTC
by moody7277
These most recent votals do not fill me with confidence that wam has been arrested.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:33 pm UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Wam reached a peak votal of 6 between the two votal posts (at 15:22:34 Etc/GMT+5 to be specific).
Wam is currently at a votal of 5 as of the time of the votal post itself.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:11 pm UTC
by Sabrar
If scum!wam cannot be lynched with 6 votes then what are we doing here? HIs buddy won't vote for him so he's basically lynch-immune. But this is irrelevant anyway since bessie can't be his buddy. So if wam is not lynched then he is town and we can move on.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 pm UTC
by wam
Just to clarify. I have recieved a pm at 3.08. I have been arrested and I get one message.

Not sure what else to add. But I don't like Mark I don't like freeze.

Sabrar Bessie town rest neutral.

Good luck!

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 pm UTC
by moody7277
SuicideJunkie wrote:Wam reached a peak votal of 6 between the two votal posts (at 15:22:34 Etc/GMT+5 to be specific).
Wam is currently at a votal of 5 as of the time of the votal post itself.


If wam was arrested, people's votes would be freed up to go to Mark. What it looks like in the votals is that wam hadn't been arrested yet and Sabrar's vote was switched from wam to Mark.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 pm UTC
by Sabrar
For the future phone-posts should be reserved in case we need additional votes (see my plans).

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:09 pm UTC
by plytho
moody7277 wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Wam reached a peak votal of 6 between the two votal posts (at 15:22:34 Etc/GMT+5 to be specific).
Wam is currently at a votal of 5 as of the time of the votal post itself.


If wam was arrested, people's votes would be freed up to go to Mark. What it looks like in the votals is that wam hadn't been arrested yet and Sabrar's vote was switched from wam to Mark.

The whole point seems to be that we don't get confirmation of arrests.

freezeblade wrote:Just to get discussion going though, why did so many people visit besse's safe house last night? (yes, I know.)
I'm aware of three, I think.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:25 pm UTC
by moody7277
plytho wrote:The whole point seems to be that we don't get confirmation of arrests.


I'd just like to know for certain that when we all start voting for Mark to be arrested that wam stays arrested.

Vote: Mark_Cangila

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 pm UTC
by Mark_Cangila
Moody has a good point. Can multiple people be arrested at once?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:55 am UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Votals:

  • Wam <--(4)
    • Plytho
    • Moody7277
    • Mark_Cangila
    • Somitomi
    • Freezeblade
  • Mark_Cangila <--(2)
    • Sabrar
    • Moody7277

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 am UTC
by bessie
Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:That means you have at least some objection to wam being 8 :wink:
+1, QFT, dude you read my mind.
Offended, truly offended. I'm well aware of your stubornness and it still pains me to see that you are unable to change your opinion once you've made up your mind. I explained to plytho already why the conclusion is false but you don't simply care, do you?
Like what, it’s so unlike me to question anything you do? You attacked me in Texas Hold’em for sheeping you.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:I find it very interesting that Sabrar didn’t see the flaw in his original plan.
There was no flaw and I'll gladly explain why after the game.
You’re being illogical. Why are you so sure scum doesn’t have a get out of jail free card?

Sabrar wrote:Unvote
Vote: wam


Just so bessie can accuse me of bussing. :D
Nice bus. :P

wam wrote:I agree with sabrars plan and tbh I should probably go first just as Bessie is locked on and it will allow the rest of you to focus on getting scum.
I’m not usually able to lead a lynch. There have been many many times where I’ve locked on to someone and been unable to get anyone to follow. It is puzzling to me as to why you would give up so easily.

Sabrar wrote:Can we agree that Mark should be next? I find it pretty interesting that noone voted him for over a day but wam got lynched in under 6 hours. Wonder which one of them might have a buddy...
I wonder if you can do better than guess. . .

freezeblade wrote:
bessie wrote:
wam wrote:@Bessie why should I claim and no one else yourself included wants to claim.
Because I know what you did

Well, what did they do? You can't just dangle that out there, give up the gossip!
Did you not click the carefully and cleverly selected link? wam stole something from me. And he’s not the only one.

freezeblade wrote:Just to get discussion going though, why did so many people visit besse's safe house last night? (yes, I know.)
Because I’m frickin awesome.

Sabrar wrote:If scum!wam cannot be lynched with 6 votes then what are we doing here? HIs buddy won't vote for him so he's basically lynch-immune. But this is irrelevant anyway since bessie can't be his buddy. So if wam is not lynched then he is town and we can move on.
Hahaha thanks for the reminder that everyone on wam’s wagon is totally cleared of being scum. [/sarcasm]

And again, why are you so sure scum doesn’t have a bail bondsman on speed dial?

wam wrote:Not sure what else to add.
I’ve already asked you to claim your night action. That would have been a nice townie start. And nice job burning up your phone call so you can't help with Sabrar's plan, should we choose to follow it.

Vote: wam

Vote: Mark_Cangila

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:40 am UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Votals:

  • Wam <--(4)
    • Plytho
    • Mark_Cangila
    • Somitomi
    • Freezeblade
    • Bessie
  • Mark_Cangila <--(3)
    • Sabrar
    • Moody7277
    • Bessie

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:18 am UTC
by Sabrar
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:If scum!wam cannot be lynched with 6 votes then what are we doing here? HIs buddy won't vote for him so he's basically lynch-immune. But this is irrelevant anyway since bessie can't be his buddy. So if wam is not lynched then he is town and we can move on.
Hahaha thanks for the reminder that everyone on wam’s wagon is totally cleared of being scum. [/sarcasm]
You're taking things out of context again. But I will explain to you in more simpler terms in case you actually didn't spend the necessary 5 seconds to understand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF 'required votes to lynch scum!wam' > 6 THEN wam is lynch-immune BECAUSE his buddy won't vote him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was the context of that statement (because moody was worried that wam wouldn't be lynched) and you really shouldn't read more into it.

bessie wrote:And again, why are you so sure scum doesn’t have a bail bondsman on speed dial?
That would be telling. :P

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21 pm UTC
by plytho
Vote: Mark

We need everyone to get to 6 now.

@somitomi, @freezeblade, please vote.

I'm not sure we should arrest a third person today, much less who it should be.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 pm UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Votals:

  • Wam <--(3)
    • Plytho
    • Mark_Cangila
    • Somitomi
    • Freezeblade
  • Mark_Cangila <--(4)
    • Sabrar
    • Moody7277
    • Bessie
    • Plytho

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 pm UTC
by somitomi
Mark_Cangila wrote:Moody has a good point. Can multiple people be arrested at once?

If by "at once" you mean "on a single day, then yes

Vote: Mark

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 pm UTC
by freezeblade
plytho wrote:
freezeblade wrote:Just to get discussion going though, why did so many people visit besse's safe house last night? (yes, I know.)
I'm aware of three, I think.


I'm aware of 5 total.

Bessie, I read very quickly, and didn't see a link! I'll go back to check now. By any chance did it have anything to do with a football?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 pm UTC
by Sabrar
Why are you not voting for Mark?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Votals:

  • Wam <--(2)
    • Mark_Cangila
    • Somitomi
    • Freezeblade
  • Mark_Cangila <--(5)
    • Sabrar
    • Moody7277
    • Bessie
    • Plytho
    • Somitomi

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:41 pm UTC
by freezeblade
Sabrar wrote:Why are you not voting for Mark?


Because I haven't decided how far into this "arrest all the people!" strategy I'm gong to follow though with. There's been a bit more activity from mark than D1, so I'm not sure how I feel about him now, and piling on votes into a strategy I'm not 100% on seems like a terrible plan to me, especially seeing that we each know so little about the actual setup, other than it's far from vanilla.

Better question: why is everyone voting for Mark?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:12 pm UTC
by moody7277
At this point, my sense of the game is this:

Townie: plytho, bessie, fb

Anyone else doing what Sabrar is doing would earn provisional townie status, but with him I feel it's non-indicative.

My impression of somi is shady enough that he deserves a full read through and reserving judgement until then.

I am comfortable enough that at least one of {wam,Mark} is scum to leave it there and see some flips and have the worst case scenario be that D3 opens at 4-1 or 3-1-1.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 pm UTC
by Sabrar
SuicideJunkie wrote:Roles will not be revealed on death. Instead, the player's safehouse is available for snooping and looting by anyone willing to do so during the night.
Don't count on flips.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 am UTC
by bessie
Sabrar wrote:You're taking things out of context again. But I will explain to you in more simpler terms in case you actually didn't spend the necessary 5 seconds to understand.
Thank you for taking three dog-hours of your time to explain this to me.

freezeblade wrote:I'm aware of 5 total.
Hahahaha maybe there were more. So many of you claim not to have any night results because you don’t want to confess you stole my stuff. I’ll FoS all of you individually later I’m busy.

freezeblade wrote:Bessie, I read very quickly, and didn't see a link! I'll go back to check now. By any chance did it have anything to do with a football?
Hoku’s football is one of the items that is missing.

Spoiler:
hoku with football.jpg
hoku with football.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 1376 times


Pre-post edit: Oh crap, is deadline really 6:00 am my time? I’ll do my best to FoS everyone tonight.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 am UTC
by SuicideJunkie
The actual really-real deadline may slip a couple hours depending on how late I sleep in. Its been quite a Friday with late work meetings.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 am UTC
by bessie
Sabrar wrote:I have no results from the night.
FoS Sabrar. You probably stole something from me last night.

moody7277 wrote:I also have no results from last night.
FoS moody. You probably stole something from me last night.

Mark_Cangila wrote:I also have nothing from the night.
FoS Mark. You probably stole something from me last night.

wam wrote:Also yeah I have results but not willing to share.
I saw him at my place last night. He probably stole something.

somitomi wrote:I have night results too, but not yet willing to share.
FoS somitomi. You probably stole something from me last night.

freezeblade wrote:Just to get discussion going though, why did so many people visit besse's safe house last night? (yes, I know.)
Did you just watch?

plytho wrote:I'm aware of three, I think.
Interesting, you probably did more than watch because you didn’t see everyone.


End of day thoughts.

Sabrar never did answer the question in this post:
bessie wrote: Where were you leaning town on wam in Texas? You wanted him vigged at the end of D1.


I never followed up with freezeblade on this:
bessie wrote:2. freezeblade’s bizarre lurker vote for Mark. Why justify this as a lurker vote when it would have been entirely within freezeblade’s meta to vote for Mark for Mark’s NL vote? Why didn’t freezeblade follow moody? Is there a connection?


Interesting that no one pushed me for my promised setup spec.

Mark_Cangila wrote:I'm not loving Sabrar's attack on FreezeBlade yesterday. Having read over FB's posts I see nothing wrong with them up to that point.
Mark_Cangila wrote:Also, I'm not a fan of FB's contributions.
Interesting flip. Also note how freezeblade ends the day:
freezeblade wrote:There's been a bit more activity from mark than D1, so I'm not sure how I feel about him now, and piling on votes into a strategy I'm not 100% on seems like a terrible plan to me, especially seeing that we each know so little about the actual setup, other than it's far from vanilla.

Better question: why is everyone voting for Mark?


I probably won't be around at deadline.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 am UTC
by plytho
freezeblade wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Why are you not voting for Mark?


Because I haven't decided how far into this "arrest all the people!" strategy I'm gong to follow though with. There's been a bit more activity from mark than D1, so I'm not sure how I feel about him now, and piling on votes into a strategy I'm not 100% on seems like a terrible plan to me, especially seeing that we each know so little about the actual setup, other than it's far from vanilla.

Better question: why is everyone voting for Mark?
I'm voting for Mark because he was acting scummy. I voted wam because he went to bessie's while not showing any signs of suspicion towards her D1.
These are beside the point when it comes to you voting Mark, though. We want you to vote mark to go from 90% certain arrest to 99%.


bessie wrote:Interesting, you probably did more than watch because you didn’t see everyone.
Well, I didn't intend to go to your place but I ended up there after following wam.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:13 pm UTC
by somitomi
@Mark:
Could you respond to this?
freezeblade wrote:Better question: why is everyone voting for Mark?

I voted Mark because I don't see that much of an improvement in his posts, for one thing he left some questions unanswered.
To be clear I'm not on board with Sabrar's plans (because he hasn't addressed the pitfalls bessie and I have pointed out) but I think at this point we've only made up for the missed D1 arrest and whether we want (or can) arrest anyone else (and who that might be) is yet to be decided.
bessie wrote:Interesting, you probably did more than watch because you didn’t see everyone.
Well, I didn't intend to go to your place but I ended up there after following wam.[/quote]
You too?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 002)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 pm UTC
by SuicideJunkie
It is now Evening. Night can begin as soon as all orders are in. (Clock)

Another long warm winter day in Bangkok starts to fade. Accusations are flying and innocence is doubted, but there is an opportunity to gather more evidence for the various theories. The cacophony of honking heralds the ideal time to go on more nocturnal and decidedly unofficial tours. Rumor has it that a number of people have been questioned by the police today.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Night 002)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Night 002 has begun. Dawn will arrive when the orders are processed and results sent out.
After another day of jealously guarding their secrets in conversation, and another harrowing journey through the city at rush hour, the agents delve in to rip out what secrets they can while the others are distracted during the dark of the night. Everyone is surely guilty of something, but the details are critically important to figuring out who needs to be stopped.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 am UTC
by SuicideJunkie
A new day dawns on the city of Bangkok after a very busy 24 hours for its overworked police force. It is a day ripe for alliances, intrigue, and surprising yet inevitable betrayals. Will the harsh light of day reveal dark secrets or will the heat hasten the spread of rot through the seedy underbelly of the city?

Day 003 has begun

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 002)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:12 am UTC
by freezeblade
I guess I'm really not understanding this game, as it appears again that we have all the players in the game still.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 002)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 am UTC
by moody7277
Well, I tried following Sabrar's point last night, but apparently I suck at espionage because I still have nothing to report. I hope whomever was at my flat last night enjoyed a bottle of MacCutcheon.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 002)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 am UTC
by bessie
I have no idea who is still in the game. It looks like there is no mod confirmation on arrests. wam claims he was arrested. No idea if it is true, and if he is still in jail. Nothing from Mark.

Person I visited last night: The reason I visited you is that on D2 you were showing symptoms of poisoning so I delivered something to neutralize it and some coffee. I also saw one of my missing items at your safe house so if one dose of antidote isn't enough I'll probably just let you die.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 002)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 am UTC
by Sabrar
I have no results from last night. I have a busy day ahead of me, will come back to this in the evening.

Which players are in the game? What is the target number for arrest?

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 002)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 am UTC
by SuicideJunkie
Sabrar wrote:I have no results from last night. I have a busy day ahead of me, will come back to this in the evening.

Which players are in the game? What is the target number for arrest?

No corpses or other major events have yet been uncovered and reported on in the news. Based on public info, four is still a good target to expect.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 am UTC
by Sabrar
@wam, Mark: post something if you're still in the game. Otherwise with only 6 people getting 4 votes might prove difficult.

Not a fan of these mechanics to be honest, especially since we were not told in advance.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 am UTC
by plytho
My actions pretty much failed last night.

Not knowing who's in the game makes it hard to move forward.
bessie wrote:I also saw one of my missing items at your safe house so if one dose of antidote isn't enough I'll probably just let you die.
That's a bit harsh isn't it? But I'm sure they'll be fine.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:53 am UTC
by wam
Sabrar wrote:@wam, Mark: post something if you're still in the game. Otherwise with only 6 people getting 4 votes might prove difficult.

Not a fan of these mechanics to be honest, especially since we were not told in advance.


I was thinking through many cunning plans by pretending not to be in the game but decided they were not im the spirit of the game.

So yes I'm back. Answering the questions I imagine I will be asked..

1. No I didn't know I would survive an arrest.
2. Need to 're read the end of the day as I stopped paying attention due arrest.
3. Yes I went to Bessie N1. Yes I stole some pressure plates. No I won't say why.

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm UTC
by somitomi
Seriously what?
@Mark: are you still in the game as well?

Anyway, my night action failed too, so I have no idea what's what.