The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 007 End & Epilogue)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 006)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:32 pm UTC

Pray tell.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:34 pm UTC

Mod already confirmed "follow each other" fails.
I have a working gun but it has no bullets. Also, it's probably poisoned.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:36 pm UTC

So jail freezeblade, grab gun, shoot freezeblade seems like a better plan to me.

Sabrar

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:41 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:Assuming they are all spending the same on pursuit/evasion so nobody 'wins' outright, players involved in a cycle will eventually give up and head to their fallback destinations separately. Those outside the cycle are not affected.

Only fails if people are spending the same ap and you claimed to have less than normal.

Anyway, what happened to your original gun?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:43 pm UTC

Also scum could have day-kill (golden gun apparently is/was odd DK), so our safest bet is to kill scum tonight.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Assuming they are all spending the same on pursuit/evasion so nobody 'wins' outright, players involved in a cycle will eventually give up and head to their fallback destinations separately. Those outside the cycle are not affected.

Only fails if people are spending the same ap and you claimed to have less than normal.

Sure, but that doesn't mean I would spend less than freezeblade? So odds are we would end up in a fail.
Never had one.

Sabrar wrote:Also scum could have day-kill (golden gun apparently is/was odd DK), so our safest bet is to kill scum tonight.
Sure, but if scum are the only armed party that doesn't really work.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:00 pm UTC

I'm pretty sure the game hasn't ended because the McGuffen hasn't been sussed out. I don't know about both of your win conditions, but even though I'm MI6, it says nothing about killing the other team, nor does it mention the name of scum (besides "evil organization"). It also does not say I need to live in order to win, just that the Solex must bee in MI6 hands (on the way to Britain) by Endgame.

Vote for me all you like, it just makes it so I can't continue to look for the McGuffien.

Gadgets I have:
Cellular relay module (Modifies another gadget to allow interaction when you are not present)
Decoder Ring (x2)
Earl Grey Tea
Acoustic Camo Suit (avoids ultrasonic alarms and CCTV)

I can confirm that the bowling ball bomb is inert, a decoy. I didn't want to give that detail away with plytho saying it first, in case he was planning on using it later (it was a good decoy, took me some time to "disarm" it before realizing it was a decoy).
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:04 pm UTC

@freezeblade: do you have a working gun?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:06 pm UTC

Or did you ever have one that was stolen?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 pm UTC

I'm trying to figure out whether Mark could have legitimately started with 2 guns or if he stole one of them from someone else. Because if he started with two then I'm pretty sure he didn't have the golden gun. Which means one of you must have it.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:44 pm UTC

I have a "silenced pistol" that is one-time use. I haven't used it, because if I shoot another MI6 agent I am terminated, and I don't have a good handle on who's in "the evil organization" and who is MI6.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:59 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Sure, but that doesn't mean I would spend less than freezeblade? So odds are we would end up in a fail.
Not if freezeblade goes all-out.
plytho wrote:
Never had one.
This I find really hard to believe. What is your exact win-condition?

@freezeblade: thanks, I like your claims.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Not if freezeblade goes all-out.
Yeah, you have a point.
Sabrar wrote:This I find really hard to believe. What is your exact win-condition?
Eliminate all threats to mi6.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 pm UTC

...I'm not so sure about that.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:24 pm UTC

Ok. I got confirmation from the mod which basically says that game ends if and only if all remaining win-cons are compatible. That means that you can't be both MI6 (or MI6-friendly indies) otherwise this would be over even if the macguffin wasn't found.
So town!freezeblade needs to follow plytho with all ap-s and shoot him.
If freezeblade is scum then
- if he has an nk available as well then I think we lost,
- if he has no nk then tonight both plytho and myself can get guns and whoever survives the next day-kill can shoot freezeblade N7.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 pm UTC

I'm down for this plan to suss out that aspect (MI6 vs. Evil Org) but it does nothing for me finding the Solex, and if it's currently in Evil Org hands, then I lose :(

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 pm UTC

Can you ask the mod this? This seems silly. If all evils are dead then it would just be a matter of time to loot through their houses and find it.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 pm UTC

Message sent, because that does seem weird if the game can just end with my win-con dangling like that.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 pm UTC

Ok, I've got a message back from the Mod, with confirmation that the game will "end" when all the remaining surviving player's win conditions are compatible. It was noted that I could continue the search in the "epilogue" portion of the game.

It was further noted that someone still alive has a victory condition that requires someone else still alive to be eliminated or lose. This is causing the game to continue presently.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:26 am UTC

I guess that's the plan then. Should be fine if Sabrar is town.
Sabrar wrote:- if he has an nk available as well then I think we lost,
Do you mean day kill?

If Freezeblade has one shot and uses it on me tonight you should be the only one with a gun N7.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:- if he has an nk available as well then I think we lost,
Do you mean day kill?
No. I'm assuming day-kill is with golden gun, usable next D7. If scum has both nk and day-kill then we've lost.

plytho wrote:I guess that's the plan then. Should be fine if Sabrar is town.
If Freezeblade has one shot and uses it on me tonight you should be the only one with a gun N7.
As explained above I don't believe the plan is fine if freezeblade is scum but I see no way of stopping him, unless you have something hidden (which you should not reveal).

Sabrar

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:45 am UTC

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:I also saw one of my missing items at your safe house so if one dose of antidote isn't enough I'll probably just let you die.
That's a bit harsh isn't it? But I'm sure they'll be fine.
What did you steal from bessie and why?

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:57 am UTC

If you don't know what I stole you're really not paying attention.
I took the football. I was looking for a weapon.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am UTC

Re-reading the game just takes too much time. Why did you want to steal from bessie? You considered her townie all game.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:57 am UTC

Sabrar wrote: Why did you want to steal from bessie? You considered her townie all game.
That's not true. I didn't like her no-lynch push D1. I only moved her to super townie after receiving the antidote.

Also, I didn't particularly want to steal from bessie. I ended up there after following wam. Being there I figured stealing was a pretty good strategy as it provides knowledge and tools instead of just knowledge. Moving a weapon from town to town is null, moving one from scum to town is a win so that's positive on average.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:51 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Moving a weapon from town to town is null,
Except when that town would not understand/believe your reasoning and you know bessie was suspicious of you D1.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:12 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Moving a weapon from town to town is null,
Except when that town would not understand/believe your reasoning and you know bessie was suspicious of you D1.
Right, maybe not entirely null, but on balance there was still a positive expected value from that action. I don't feel like she was all that suspicious btw.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:26 pm UTC

Well, she double FoS-d you here and you were in the bottom half of her final ordered list D1.

Anyway, I don't think we can figure this out in the remaining few hours. town!freezeblade needs to follow and shoot plytho, town!plytho should probably hide and grab a gun. I'll be doing the latter in either case. Hoping, always hoping.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:57 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Well, she double FoS-d you here and you were in the bottom half of her final ordered list D1.
You say bottom half, I say top 5! :D

Sabrar wrote:town!plytho should probably hide and grab a gun.
Not much use hiding if freeze goes all out and has a gun.

SuicideJunkie

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Evening 006)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:37 am UTC

The sun has begun to set for the few survivors as they argue amongst themselves and point fingers. Danger abounds, but with a stiff upper lip, the spies keep calm and carry on.

It is now Evening 006
Post your travel orders

SuicideJunkie

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Night 006)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 pm UTC

It is now Night 006.
Post your actions.

SuicideJunkie

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 007)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:13 am UTC

A long week of intrigue and violence has finally come to an end. The locals have been left to clean up a trail of destruction, bodies and unexploded ordnance, while the protagonists head home to fame and glory. The redshirts and minions are swiftly mourned and then dismissed from consideration. The world is safe, but how much was truly accomplished and at what costs?

Mark Cangila (loss):
Suffering from a lack of leadership after the death of both him and his heir, Scaramanga's business collapsed and solar power was set back by a decade. There was also a measurable drop in the professionalism of assassinations in the region.

Plytho (loss):
Following a harrowing chase down the Sirat expressway, Nick Nack's bid for a weapon came just a day too late. The remaining MI6 agents were able to deduce his alignment if not his identity, and gunned him down. Bond once again escaped a righteous vengeance by a thin margin.

Wam (loss):
SMERSH was disappointed in Ivan Dmitrov for the loss of two agents in the failed attempt to eliminate agent 007, but ultimately unsurprised given the target. Vincent served his time and was eventually released, returning to his usual duty as muscle for the full agents.

Somitomi (win):
Sheriff Pepper was memorialized in his hometown back in Louisiana. For his key contibutions and support in protecting James Bond, MI6 contributed to a modest statue of him in an inspirational pose with his gun collection.

Moody (win):
Dustin Prince gave his life in the line of duty, attempting to end Scaramanga's organization. Although other agents had to take up the torch and complete the mission after the tragic friendly fire incident, the mission was ultimately successful.

Sabrar (win):
After a tense showdown, James Bond was free to return to HQ on a first class flight, where he met a number of attractive stewardesses. Upon landing, he was sent straight into yet another remedial course on public relations and another course on how to not shoot MI6 agents.

Freezeblade (win):
With everyone else departed, Lieutenant Hip finally had time to do a thorough search. After clearing Somitomi's safehouse, he hit pay dirt in the half-burned wreck of Dr Gibson's laboratory. Despite being agitated by a mislabeled case filled with a Rolex and a mocking note, Hip located the true Solex and departed for Britain the next day.

Bessie (win):
Doctor Gibson's Solex Agitator found its way from the rubble of the lab into the hands of MI6 until the British government quietly buried it again. Although the Solex never revolutionized the power industry, the Doctor avoided the infamy of being responsible for a weapon of mass destruction.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 am UTC

The game has ended.
Everyone is free to read spoilers.

Congratulations to all the independents that won, as well as Moody for winning as the solo town, depending on how you count.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:07 am UTC

Thanks for modding. Next time please advertize in advance if you're planning to run a bastard game.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:16 am UTC

SJ, could you post everyone's role PMs?

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 am UTC

I really thought I was going to make it :D

Congrats to town!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 am UTC

My role-pm:
Spoiler:
You are the elite MI6 agent 007. AKA Bond; James Bond. You are currently under cover as Sabrar.
Safename: Wilson DeCova

A golden bullet has marked you for assassination by the infamous Francisco Scaramanga, and MI6 has activated a number of undercover agents in the area to help you track down and eliminate the threat. You have travelled to Bangkok in pursuit of your leads, and things have come to a head as various agents and their agendas collide.

Win Conditions:
  • Survive

Special:
  • Licence to kill - A one-shot forgiveness for assassinating an MI6 operative.
  • Support team - MI6 has fabricated an airtight alibi for you, and has a team maintaining it; if you are arrested, you will always be released the next day without charges.
  • Double-Oh Agent - You have a 50% chance of avoiding traps and security systems for 0ap cost, even if you were not aware of them.

Optional post "restriction":
  • Use the structure "X, Y X." in a public post for a bonus action. X and Y can be arbitrary english words. Repeats during the game will not count.

Your safehouse is equipped with:
  • An effectively unlimited supply of Martinis (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • A chameleon paint car. (1ap travel, blocks trackers)
  • Ultrasonic tripwire security system

Additionally, you have a collection of useful spy gadgets in your possession:
  • An animatronic decoy - Blocks one NK when at your safehouse.
  • Flashbang grenade - (one use) Escape from a shootout.
  • Rappel Gear - Avoid detection by pressure plate security systems.
  • Walther PPK pistol - (one use) - You may opt to shoot to kill other players you meet during the night.
N1 I stole a gun from somitomi, N2 did nothing (failed too get into moody's), N3 I shot at wam, N4 stole a gun and other stuff from Mark, D5 I was shot at, N5 shot Mark and moody, D6 looted moody's gun, N6 followed plytho but was not needed.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:02 pm UTC

Sabrar's is above, but to keep it tidy:
Sabrar / James Bond / 007
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are the elite MI6 agent 007. AKA Bond; James Bond. You are currently under cover as Sabrar.
Safename: Wilson DeCova

A golden bullet has marked you for assassination by the infamous Francisco Scaramanga, and MI6 has activated a number of undercover agents in the area to help you track down and eliminate the threat. You have travelled to Bangkok in pursuit of your leads, and things have come to a head as various agents and their agendas collide.

Win Conditions:
  • Survive

Special:
  • Licence to kill - A one-shot forgiveness for assassinating an MI6 operative.
  • Support team - MI6 has fabricated an airtight alibi for you, and has a team maintaining it; if you are arrested, you will always be released the next day without charges.
  • Double-Oh Agent - You have a 50% chance of avoiding traps and security systems for 0ap cost, even if you were not aware of them.

• Use the structure "X, Y X." in a public post for a bonus action. X and Y can be arbitrary english words. Repeats during the game will not count.

• An effectively unlimited supply of Martinis (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • A chameleon paint car. (1ap travel, blocks trackers)
  • Ultrasonic tripwire security system

• An animatronic decoy - Blocks one NK when at your safehouse.
  • Flashbang grenade - (one use) Escape from a shootout.
  • Rappel Gear - Avoid detection by pressure plate security systems.
  • Walther PPK pistol - (one use) - You may opt to shoot to kill other players you meet during the night.

Somitomi / Sheriff Pepper:
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are Sheriff John W. Pepper from Louisiana. You are currently on vacation in Bangkok, using the nickname Somitomi.
Safename: Shay Deguy.

You were about to test drive a new car when James Bond commandeered the vehicle to chase a suspect. You ended up arrested while Bond and his target escaped, but he left behind a few useful gadgets in his haste.
Later, as you were dealing with the paperwork back at the precinct, you caught wind of Russian agents snooping around the case from your colleagues.
With the British MI6 agents riled up about their own problems, and yourself turning up suspicious clues tied to SMERSH, the Soviet counterintelligence agency, your vacation has just gotten exciting.

Win Conditions.
  • Prevent SMERSH agents from accomplishing their goals.

Special:
  • Grudge - 007 caused you a lot of hassle back in the states a year ago. You haven't forgotten, and now that Mr Trouble has found you again, you've recognized his face. You know that James Bond is currently going by the alias Sabrar.
  • Truth and Justice - You have a solid reputation and contacts in the police force. As long as you have not yet killed someone, if you are arrested then you will be released the next day without charges.
  • Fellow officer - Spend 1 ap during the day to cast an anonymous bonus vote against someone, or make the police ignore someone's voting for the day.
  • Not Actually A Spy - Any actions other than combat which occur during the night/espionage phase cost double.

• Make at least one reference to each of freedom, democracy and guns for a bonus action (max +1/game day).

• An effectively unlimited supply of Miller Lite. (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • An effectively unlimited supply of ammunition and guns. (You may reload or replace your pistol when at your safehouse; free during day)
  • A brand new high tech sports car. (1ap travel cost) Lane assist allows you to optionally use your gun to disable a pursuing vehicle (if any) for 0ap.

• Body Armor - You brought a spare bulletproof vest in your luggage. It pays to be prepared.
  • ECM Soda Can - Inconspicuously disrupts CCTV security systems.
  • High calibre pistol - (one use) - You may opt to shoot to kill other players you meet during the night.
  • Wiretap kit - Daily chance to identify and reveal gadgets known to the target.

Freezeblade / Lt Hip:
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are the loyal MI6 operative Lieutenant Hip. You are acting under cover as Freezeblade.
Safename: Sean Tell

MI6 has assigned you to locate the Solex Agitator, keep it out of the hands of the Evil Organization, and bring it safely back to Britain. To do so, you will be working with 007 as well as other agents in the area, although they have their own critical tasks. At long last, your search has been narrowed down to a region in Bangkok, but your investigation is being hampered by a tangled web of intrigue among the remaining suspects.

Win Conditions (Any combination):
  • The Solex Agitator is in MI6 hands at the end of the game. (Full win)
  • The Solex Agitator is destroyed. (Half win)
  • The Solex Agitator is never used. (Half win)

Special:
  • You may spend 1 ap to prepare an air-tight alibi for the day. If you are arrested with an alibi, you will be released the next day without charges. The cost increases by 1 every time you are arrested. Unused ap from the previous night will go towards this.

• An effectively unlimited supply of Earl Gray tea. (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • An inconspicuous sedan (1 ap travel)
  • A hidden CCTV security system

• Acoustic Camo Suit - Prevents detection from ultrasonic alarms and CCTV when infiltrating.
  • Cellular relay module - Modifies another gadget to allow interaction when you are not present.
  • Decoder Ring (x2) - Encode and Decode classified ad messages in the newspaper up to 64 words. (Give one to someone you trust!) Possessing a ring allows all previous messages to be read.
  • IR Spoofer - Prevents detection from CCTV and Laser grids.
  • Laser Watch - (0ap use) Sabotage a target vehicle in passing.
  • Mini safe - Modifies another gadget to prevent its identification until after it has been stolen.
  • Motion Sensor - Records the number of people present in a safehouse over time. Gain initiative in a shootout if it is present.
  • Silenced Pistol - (one use) - You may opt to shoot to kill other players you meet during the night. Beware that shooting another MI6 agent is grounds for immediate termination.

(Note: Wow, the loot box dice really liked you!)

Moody / Dustin Prince (MI6):
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are the average MI6 operative Dustin Prince. You are acting under cover as Moody7277.
(alternate) Safename: Justin Case

MI6 has assigned you from HQ to shadow and provide assistance to their top agent 007 in their mission. While not the most skilled agent, you have been well equipped as Q spared no expense for this mission. The red-eye flight to Bangkok has left you tired, and the city is full of assassins and spies. As soon as you settle in, you are expected to hunt down the evil organization with professional enthusiasm.

Win Conditions:
  • Neutralize the Evil Organization

Special:
  • You may spend 3 ap to prepare an air-tight alibi during the night, and 1 ap to maintain it on subsequent days. If you are arrested with an alibi, you will be released the next day without charges, but will have to construct a new alibi.
    Note: You may spend as if it were N0 within 24 hours of confirming.
    Unused points from the previous night will automatically be spent towards this.

• Run your posts through spellcheck set to British/UK English before posting.

• An effectively unlimited supply of Scotch. (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • A laser grid security system
  • An armored 2-door coupe (1ap travel cost, safe)
  • Jetpack & Wingsuit (0ap travel cost, cannot be tracked)

• EMP mine x2 - Timer set when planted (choose start of D#, E#, N#), or manually fired. Disables gadgets on site at night, or disrupts chat if timed for day. Recharge after 2 days.
  • GPS Tracker - Reports history of movements of a target vehicle when revisited.
  • IR Goggles - Allows you to see and avoid lasers.
  • Oil Dispenser - Vehicle Modification. Allows you to subtly throw off trackers.
  • Proximity Mines - Arms a set time (choose start of D#, E#, N#) after planting. Will detonate when the next person passes by.
  • Silenced Pistol - (one use) - You may opt to shoot to kill other players you meet during the night. Beware that shooting another MI6 agent is grounds for immediate termination.

Plytho / Hervé Villechaize / Nick Nack:
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are Hervé Villechaize, better known as Nick Nack, a loyal minion of Fransico Scaramanga. You are currently under cover with the alias Plytho.
Safename: Doris Locke

British Intelligence has started stirring up trouble for your boss, and MI6 has put their top agents on the case. The city of Bangkok has begun filling up with enemies to be guarded against. You're not much of a fighter, but you're good at infiltration and misdirection, so you've headed out from the base to set up in a safehouse in the city.

Win Conditions:
  • Scaramanga Survives
OR
  • Personally avenge Scaramanga's death (Note: you will need to acquire a weapon to kill his killer)
Post-game note: Sabrar shot Scara (mark), locking in the second option.

Special:
  • Evil Organization - You have day chat with your boss, Scaramanga aka Mark_Cangila
  • Indirect Army of Lawyers - If you are arrested while Scaramanga is free and clear, then you will be released without charges the following day.
  • Master Chef - You can disguise gadgets inside food you cook yourself for 1ap.

• An effectively unlimited supply of Lowenbrau beer. (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • Sonic Tripwire security system
  • A sports car with an automatic ejection seat.
(Protects against travel deaths due to explosives or sabotage)

• Bug Lantern - Lights up when an unregistered device is present in the safehouse.
  • Bowling Bomb - A distracting trinket shaped like a cartoon bomb. Is actually just a decorated bowling ball.
  • GPS Tracker - Records the location history of the object it is attached to. Revisit to download the data.
  • Hacker Chipcard - Steals a gadget while you are performing another independent action.
  • Helicopter drone - Allows you to bypass ultrasonic tripwire and pressure plate security systems.
  • Metal detector watch - Allows you to detect and avoid hidden explosives.

Bessie / Doctor Gibson
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are Doctor Gibson, inventor of the Solex Agitator and currently using the alias Bessie to lie low in Bangkok after being harassed by some shady characters over your invention.
Safename: Sharon Dayta

Win Conditions:
  • Your Solex Agitator is never used for evil.

Special:
  • Doomed Timeline - If you need to drop out, your death will fit with the movie plot and not disrupt the game.
  • Time on your hands - With your keen intellect, you can decode secret messages you come across for 1 ap each.
  • Science! - Using lab equipment, you can create fake gadgets each night that will distract snoopers for 1ap. Post-game note: The Rolex Agitator would have been amusing to have stolen earlier in the game, I had to comment on it in the epilogue instead of letting it lie.
  • Doctor whom? - You can identify symptoms of poison in people you cross paths with. Post-game note: Having the first poison drop in her safehouse was probably a game changer
  • On camera - If you have not left your lab the previous night, then you have a rock-solid alibi. If you are arrested with an alibi, you will be released the next day with no charges.

Your safehouse (aka university laboratory) is equipped with:
  • An effectively unlimited supply of Instant Coffee (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • CCTV security system
  • Pressure plate security system
  • Significant pedestrian traffic nearby. (Blocks trackers and interferes with some gadgets)

Additionally, you have a collection of gadgets in your possession:
  • The Solex Agitator - A Plot MacGuffin
  • Broken safe - Spotted first when snooping. Double cost to steal, destroyed on opening, nothing inside.
  • Decontamination foam - Neutralize poisons Note: BOSH (Thailand OHSA) refills the foam dispenser each morning
  • IR Goggles - See and avoid lasers
  • Wifi relay - When applied to a gadget, allows remote control without being present.

Mark_Cangila / Fransicso Scaramanga / The Man with the Golden Gun
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are Francisco Scaramanga, AKA the Man with the Golden Gun. You are currently under cover with the alias Mark_Cangila.
Safename: Lester Selfin

You have been framed for targeting superspy 007, James Bond for assassination. The reaction to this from MI6 has highly inconvenienced your plans, and Bangkok has started filling up with agents looking to take you out. As a master assassin, you'll need to take them out first.

Win Conditions:
  • Survive

Special:
  • Evil Organization - You have day chat with your minion, NickNack aka Plytho. You may exchange gadgets for free during the day.
  • Army of Lawyers - If you are arrested, you will be released without charges the following day.
  • Solar Death Ray - If you are in possession of the Solex Agitator gadget, you may unblockably incinerate one safehouse and all of its contents as a free midday action. (Countdown to game noon will be provided. Target may be altered or cancelled any time)
  • Golden Gun - You may spend your travel action early to visit a player, bypassing any security, and subsequently assassinate them during the day if conditions are met:
    1. The target must be specified before the trigger event.
    2. The target must post a speech of at least 15 lines to allow you to get into position to take the shot. (line wrapping counts. Blank lines, quotes and heading/separators do not.)
    Post-game note: In planning, I was originally intending this to be a single monologue, but only Bessie ever did such a thing. The more lenient interpretation of15 lines total across multiple posts was used.
    GGNotes:
    • Post restriction gadgets will be useful.
    • You may change targets during the day by paying the travel cost again.
    • If you choose to visit the same target during the evening travel phase, that cost will be zero.
    • Returning home for evening phase will also cost zero.

Your safehouse (lair) is equipped with:
  • An effectively unlimited supply of Champagne (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • Laser tripwire security system
  • Pressure plate hallways
  • A bulletproof limosine with chauffeur (2ap, safe travel)

• Automatic safecracker - Steals a gadget while you are doing another action simultaneously.
  • Fake C4 lighter - A spy-distracting trinket that appears to be a hair-trigger brick of C4 crudely disguised as a lighter. Is actually just a lighter.
  • Phone Jammer - Disrupt target's posting rate until removed.
  • Smokescreen Dispenser - Vehicle modification - Prevents trackers from following a vehicle. Use is obvious/loudened.

Wam / Ivan Dimitrov
Spoiler:
SuicideJunkie wrote:You are Ivan Dimitrov, a loyal agent of SMERSH, the Soviet counterintelligence agency. You are currently under cover with the alias Wam.
Safename: Kay Schnee

Reports indicate that the British intelligence service is panicking about something and mobilizing agents all over the west. Even the Americans have started nosing around and are surely up to something underhanded. Despite the dangers, this is a golden opportunity to neutralize enemy agent 007 amidst the chaos.

Win Conditions:
  • James Bond dies.
  • Prevent any American agents from achieving their goals.

Special:
  • The Expendables - If arrested, your expendable subordinate will take the fall for you, and you will be released the next day without charges.
  • Frame Job - Spend 2ap during the day to secretly reduce the number of votes required to arrest a target by 2. This may result in a surprise arrest during the mod's next votal tally.

Optional Post "Restriction":
  • Make a vague reference to each of: cold weather, communism, and propaganda for a bonus action point. Max 1 bonus per game day.

• An effectively unlimited supply of Vodka (Consider leaving some behind when you visit!)
  • A well-worn but reliable jalopy (1 ap travel)
  • An inconspicuous cube van (2 ap travel, allows stealing/moving of large safehouse equipment at double cost)
  • A pair of expendable subordinates who may be left behind to stake out a safehouse after you visit
  • Novichok supply - You may contaminate any gadgets you find. Whomever subsequently interacts with the gadget will initially lose action points and then die. (You will have to spend 1ap to avoid your own contaminated gadget(s), so don't stockpile them!)

• Molotov Cocktails - (multiple) Set fire to a safehouse. Chance to destroy gadgets and/or equipment inside.
  • Remote Mines - (one use) Must be manually detonated when the target is moving in range. (Use subordinate or a night action conditional on the target's presence)
  • Submachine gun - (one use) - You may opt to shoot to kill other players you meet during the night. Beats pistols in a shootout.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Thanks for modding. Next time please advertize in advance if you're planning to run a bastard game.

At the time I was thinking it meant more mod-bastardry rather than rules-bastardry, Very much a mistake on my part.

I had another idea last night, and I suspect games I run will bottom out at "medium".

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:05 pm UTC

Some rambling thoughts.

Thank you SuicideJunkie for running this game. It was nice to see something different; however, it probably should have been a little more open that this game wouldn’t be using the usual mafia mechanics. I think it was distracting that it took too long before everyone figured out what was going on with the lynch. And I think this game could be considered bastard because it seemed that certain things needed to happen for the game to progress; it’s almost like the mod’s hand was guiding the game too much, if that makes any sense (this is just my thoughts, I could be reading it wrong).

The role playing aspect was fun and interesting, but I'm used to mafia games focused on gathering information, and actions are determined by analyzing the information. [Perhaps this setup might also appeal to Forum Gamers, not just Mafia players?] This game almost seemed like eliminating scum (or even just fulfilling a goal) was more luck than logic. I mean, like everyone knew Mark and wam were scummy from the beginning, but couldn’t figure out how to eliminate them from the game. It appears somitomi had a chance to kill wam N1 but passed on it (possibly self-preservation?). For some reason moody couldn’t kill Mark? (Can we get the night actions? I still don’t understand everything that happened. )

I feel that no public, start-of-day, mod-bold flips didn’t work for such a small game. To get a flip from a dead player required visiting the player’s safe house, and then only the visitor had the flip, and could share or not share it truthfully, and be believed or not believed. And since investigating used the night action, players were less likely to use it on a dead player and more likely to use it on a live player, severely limiting information.

It took too long for the players to figure out the game mechanics of their own roles (from my own experience and from observations of what others have said in-game and in Gojoe). I took a day or two before I figured out some of the mechanics, like that I had to use an action to survey my own inventory for changes, that I could do it during the day, that freezeblade’s in-game coded message was a real message and not flavor, etc. I think it would have helped to have a N0 and shorter evening-night cycles.

By the way, SuicideJunkie that was a dirty trick putting SMERSH in the game. :P You messed up my setup spec. (I was trying too hard to fit the setup to source material when my gut which was telling me it was 2-2-2-Sabrar-bessie.)

I really liked my role (non-role?). Full disclosure, I was too busy to play and didn’t want to be in the same position I was in during Stellaris (annual audit at work is in March), needing to drop out. My role assignment wasn’t random, this was disclosed in the OP. I was just going to hang around for a day and be a sasshole to get things moving (I was kinda trying to play like Zen’s meta), then let SJ kill me off. [Interestingly, LaserGuy almost read me correctly here; my aggression was genuine, but my scum hunting wasn’t.] I kept playing because the game was moving so slowly that it wasn’t the usual time and energy commitment, and because I couldn’t abandon Sabrar who was already de-motivated and lurky. I’m sad I didn’t get to create my next decoy invention, which was going to be a lie detector that only works on BoomFrog.

Very brief shout outs:
plytho, I missed being on opposite sides, I was really looking forward to arguing with you more.
somitomi, you played a great game! Sorry you died so early.
moody, you’ve been so not-obviscum lately, it will be interesting if your meta flips.
wam, yep. :P :lol:
Mark, I like playing with you. But you’ve been scum so often that I feel I should warn you that going forward I’m probably going to pounce on you more for scummy content.
freezeblade, I feel you missed out on a lot of opportunity to use your night actions to fulfill your goal.
BoomFrog, you’re in my head.
Sabrar, <3.

Thanks again SuicideJunkie, I would be interested in playing in of your games in the future.

Return to “Mafia”