MafiaScum round 2

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

willwithskills

Re: MafiaScum round 2

Postby willwithskills » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:59 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:Sorroth was found face first on the ground with a weapon in his hand. It appears he was jumped bby multiple men. The gun that he used to fight back had a single word etched to the handle: Betelgeuse. It appears a group of people killed a member of Mob B

11. une see MOB B
15 Sorroth

wait, was it Sorroth that got killed and is in mob B or did you just inadvertantly reveal important information???
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 am UTC

willwithskills wrote:
Gojoe wrote:Sorroth was found face first on the ground with a weapon in his hand. It appears he was jumped bby multiple men. The gun that he used to fight back had a single word etched to the handle: Betelgeuse. It appears a group of people killed a member of Mob B

11. une see MOB B
15 Sorroth

wait, was it Sorroth that got killed and is in mob B or did you just inadvertantly reveal important information???

I didn't see that, I had assumed that Sorroth was dead. It appears that our mod is asleep and we don't even know who's dead. Well, crap. We should probably wait, since we don't know who can vote.
    Indigo is a lie.
    Which idiot decided that websites can't go within 4cm of the edge of the screen?
    There should be a null word, for the question "Is anybody there?" and to see if microphones are on.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:27 am UTC

We can still discuss what we think we should do. He said Sorroth was killed, so presumably it was Sorroth, and he just got confused when mucking about with the list.

Wow, SPsnow02 was innocent? I completely didn't see that one coming. So who tops our guilt list now?

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:28 am UTC

Just so that everybody knows, I'm back.

I'm going to wait for the mod to tell us who's dead (Maybe he made a mistake in the flavour text and Une See is dead and a member of Mafia B, or maybe the flavour text is correct and the list is wrong? :? ) before I start seriously analysing.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:31 am UTC

Also, I don't think he's right. I think this could be a lynch or lose situation. Think about it - we have 6 townies, 1 mob B and 1 mob A. If we kill a townie today, then tonight both Mob A and Mob B will kill someone. Assumibg they both kill townies, then we're down to 3 townies, 1 mob B and 4 mob A. At that point, no-one can out vote Mob A, so they've essentially won (although not quite - the continued presence of Mob B continues to mean that they could be killed by night sometime.)

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 am UTC

Also, he's wrong - there are 10 players remaining, so it can't be 6 and 1 and 4. So that definitely makes it Lynch or Lose, since if we kill a non-mafia A person today (including the one remaining B), mafia A will kill a non-mafia-A person tonight, and essentially have the deciding vote (although, still complicated by presence of mafia B). We evidently have to target a Mafia A person today.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 am UTC

I honestly have no clue. All the people I have deemed suspicious so far are dead.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am UTC

Presumably we shouldn't lynch Bf2flyby - the main reason we had for wanting to lynch him was that he seemed to be in league with SPsnow02, and since SPsnow02 is innocent...

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:02 am UTC

In fact, it makes logical sense to me that we MUST NOT kill the mafia B member today. Because if we do, then we'll have 5 townies, 4 mafia A. Tonight, one of the mafia A will kill a townie, and then they cannot be stopped. At least keeping a mafia B member around would mean that the Mafia A's numbers could be reduced by night, giving us a fighting chance.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 am UTC

Yes.

Message to Mafia B member: It would clearly benefit you if you took out a member of the Mafia A, because they have twice the power to kill you. And odds on they still have their 'investigator' or whatever it was that showed The Moo Prophet was the doctor. Because I totally don't believe they did that by chance.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:20 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:And odds on they still have their 'investigator' or whatever it was that showed The Moo Prophet was the doctor. Because I totally don't believe they did that by chance.

There's a mafia investigator?
That would explain killing the doctor on the first night. I wonder if both mobs got one.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 am UTC

I'm just guessing there's something like that.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:36 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I'm just guessing there's something like that.

That wouldn't have helped much, since they killed TMP on the first night, before they'd have got to investigate anyone. They probably went for him because he was quite suspicious, and they both wanted to kill the other mafia rather than townies. Like tonight, when Mafia A picked off a Mafia B member, probably.
    Indigo is a lie.
    Which idiot decided that websites can't go within 4cm of the edge of the screen?
    There should be a null word, for the question "Is anybody there?" and to see if microphones are on.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:27 pm UTC

Looking over Sorroth's posts, there is only one post that wasn't "Sorry, been AFK" or "Question about XYZ". It is as follows:

Sorroth wrote:Hey all, very sorry I haven't posted yet. The majority of the posting happened while I was still asleep, and I didn't have time to both read through everything and make a post before leaving the house this morning.

From what has happened, that being the bandwagonning, the trying to lay the blame on WWS, and the extremely poor defence, and possibly the jumping on SPsnow02 in the very first (non-narrator) post of the game, I'm going to :

Vote: Bulvox.

And, to be perfectly frank, even if he isn't actually the mafia, and yes, I know this will make me sound horrible, one less townie that unwittingly draws attention away from the real mafia can only be a good thing.

Oh, and I'm of the male persuasion.

Presumably if he was the one that was killed, then the mafia which killed him (mafia A, since he was in B) had only seen this post as something to make them want to kill him, since the others had no real content relating to the game. From this post, why would you choose to kill a guy?

I could go over une see's posts in the same way, but there are a lot more of them, and I'm not goign to put that effort in until someone confirms it was him that was killed. It's easy to find Sorroth's posts (he's only made about 4 or 5). une sees are far more numerous.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

Oh, just so you know, I know we don't know for sure who was killed yet, but I'm just trying to think about each one and what them being killed would actually mean.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 pm UTC

Nebuduck wrote:Looking over Sorroth's posts, there is only one post that wasn't "Sorry, been AFK" or "Question about XYZ". It is as follows:

Sorroth wrote:Hey all, very sorry I haven't posted yet. The majority of the posting happened while I was still asleep, and I didn't have time to both read through everything and make a post before leaving the house this morning.

From what has happened, that being the bandwagonning, the trying to lay the blame on WWS, and the extremely poor defence, and possibly the jumping on SPsnow02 in the very first (non-narrator) post of the game, I'm going to :

Vote: Bulvox.

And, to be perfectly frank, even if he isn't actually the mafia, and yes, I know this will make me sound horrible, one less townie that unwittingly draws attention away from the real mafia can only be a good thing.

Oh, and I'm of the male persuasion.

Maybe the Mafia picked on him precisely because he was staying so quiet. Mafia A is trying to kill Mafia B, so maybe they thought that Sorroth was trying to hide. It didn't seem like he was to me, but he did turn out to be Mafia. However, this tells us nothing about who Mafia A is.

Also, I think it makes sense for Sorroth and une see to refrain from posting till we know which is dead.

One person (the one Mafia B) already knows which is dead, since they were one of their team.

Presumably if he was the one that was killed, then the mafia which killed him (mafia A, since he was in B) had only seen this post as something to make them want to kill him, since the others had no real content relating to the game. From this post, why would you choose to kill a guy?

I could go over une see's posts in the same way, but there are a lot more of them, and I'm not goign to put that effort in until someone confirms it was him that was killed. It's easy to find Sorroth's posts (he's only made about 4 or 5). une sees are far more numerous.
    Indigo is a lie.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 pm UTC

My post just didn't work again. WTF?

It baasically said:
    They chose Sorroth because he was suspiciously quite, hence they thought he was in Mafia B.
    That doesn't help us.
    Sorroth and une see should not post till we know what's what.
    The person in Mafia B already knows which is dead.
    I guess it's Sorroth, since it's easier to cross out the wrong line than to type the wrong name in the description.
    Indigo is a lie.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:14 pm UTC

I'm clearing things up.

Sorroth is mob B and dead.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:42 pm UTC

Heh, Interesting. I still have no idea who to go for.
    Indigo is a lie.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

This is absolutely impossible. I really don't think there's any more evidence one way or the other. Is there any other way we can think of to get information?

I think it might be good to do a sort of "gut instinct" thing - not actually voting, but if we say who we would vote for if we were forced into it, and then explain why. That would have the benefit of firstly making it obvious if a lot of people suspect one person, and would secondly put any mafia suspected under more pressure. Maybe they'll crack.

The one guy I have a slight iffy feeling about is jakeyizle. Now, as I say, this is gut instinct, I haven't really thought about it much, it's just that whenever I go past his posts I seem to stop and think "Hmm" for a few seconds. I think it's because he's not been too vocal, but he has put forward a number of arguments occasionally. Honestly, though, as I say, this isn't accusation, just a general feeling. And the only reason I'm saying this is to try and get something to happen - it's not because I really suspect him at all.

AvalonXQ

Postby AvalonXQ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:34 pm UTC

I'm seeing this:

SPsnow02 wrote:On my way out the door, Looks like I'm 2 off majority, Bye myself, Spsnow02

Remember what I said, Go for Macbi, and when you find out that He's a mafia A member, take down Nebuduck too.

... and that seems as good as anything else for me.
So if I had to vote, I'd vote Macbi.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Tigerlion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:43 pm UTC

I'm just a little suspicious of Nebuduck. Saying he is mafia, then he might be using the same tactic as last game (being quite townie-esque, and giving well thought out points.)
Also, I think he's pretty prominent in the game, more so than sorroth or une see, or whoever was killed. I think the mafia might've gone for him, more than anyone.

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:52 pm UTC

Actually, I'm going to vote Nebuduck

Vote: Nebuduck

AvalonXQ

Postby AvalonXQ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:55 pm UTC

What Tigion says makes sense.
Of course, if we follow what SPsnow was saying, when Macbi is found to be mafia, we should lynch Nebuduck next.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

Tigion wrote:Actually, I'm going to vote Nebuduck

Vote: Nebuduck

I'm suspicious, but he acts so innocent.
Gosh, that makes it look like we're both Mafia, doesn't it?
AvalonXQ wrote:I'm seeing this:

SPsnow02 wrote:On my way out the door, Looks like I'm 2 off majority, Bye myself, Spsnow02

Remember what I said, Go for Macbi, and when you find out that He's a mafia A member, take down Nebuduck too.

... and that seems as good as anything else for me.
So if I had to vote, I'd vote Macbi.

Even though SPSnow02 turned out innocent I still think that he only said that because I was accusing him. I shouldn't be regarded as suspicious just because I lead the lynching of a townie; because both of the Mafias would prefer to lynch members of the other Mafia. Hence there is no-one who wants to lynch a townie, so it must have been unintentional. (Of course this doesn't apply to Mafia A at the moment.)
    Indigo is a lie.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:03 pm UTC

I suspect that instead of throwing around guesses we should take a look at WWS's posts. He wasn't as inactive as Sorroth. Maybe he accused someone?
I'm going to take a good look at them now.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:04 pm UTC

If two townies vote for the same person, and that person is not in Mafia A, then Mafia A can (theoretically) vote for them all at once and win. Hence we need to tread carefully.
    Indigo is a lie.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:I suspect that instead of throwing around guesses we should take a look at WWS's posts. He wasn't as inactive as Sorroth. Maybe he accused someone?

Bugger, I completely forgot about WWS. That could well be a good idea.

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:18 pm UTC

Gar, this is gonna sounds suspicious, but I don't think we should go off of what SPsnow said.
Personally, I think he was just being angsty when we lynched him.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

That's ridiculous! SPsnow02 accused everyone and anyone whenever it looked like he was getting voted for. Macbi was only trying to show how flawed SPsnow02's arguments were! Voting for him is ludicrous!

Anyway, people WWS has recently accused: Bf2flyby, Macbi (though I don't think this makes Macbi guilty). He mentioned me, but then went out of his way to defend me - it's possible that whoever killed him wanted me lynched, but then why didn't they kill Macbi, who was even more defensive of me?

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

Nebuduck wrote:
MartinW wrote:I suspect that instead of throwing around guesses we should take a look at WWS's posts. He wasn't as inactive as Sorroth. Maybe he accused someone?

Bugger, I completely forgot about WWS. That could well be a good idea.

But he must have been killed by Mafia B, who we don't want to kill. Anyone he accused should not be lynched.
    Indigo is a lie.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:24 pm UTC

Oh, bugger. Ignore the first paragraph of that last post - I misread Tigion as claiming that we SHOULD go off SPsnow02's recommendations, not SHOULD NOT.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Macbi is getting a tad nitpicky over SPsnow02. If nitpicky is even a word. Stupid spellcheck. I'm right there with you, Avalon.

If SP is mafia: Bf2flyby

If he isn't: Macbi, maybe. We won't have many leads to go on.

He was also a defender of Nebuduck, which Macbi is now trying to get lynced. Based on this.

Vote: Macbi

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Plus, the Mafia wont be stupid enough to lynch their critics. That'll make them look more suspicious. Unless it's a bluff etc.
    Indigo is a lie.

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:27 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:He was also a defender of Nebuduck, which Macbi is now trying to get lynced. Based on this.

Vote: Macbi

Wait. Am I? I said I was suspicious. I'm actually more suspicious of Tigion
    Indigo is a lie.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:27 pm UTC

I maintain, Macbi's a great guy - the only thing he's done is to debunk the arguments of a mad man. You can't vote for someone based wholly on that!

Macbi

Postby Macbi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 pm UTC

Nebuduck wrote:I maintain, Macbi's a great guy - the only thing he's done is to debunk the arguments of a mad man. You can't vote for someone based wholly on that!

I definitely wont vote for you now you're defending me!

I don't really have a good Idea who to vote for. I don't think anyone does.
    Indigo is a lie.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

Macbi, it's just because you're british. :P

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:33 pm UTC

After thinking a bit I remembered that I shouldn't be overeager to lynch on little reason (Especially now where the mafia has so much of the votes)

Unvote: Macbi

I still find him suspicious, just not suspicious enough to be sure that he's guilty and that the mafia won't speedlynch (I hope that's the correct term) him.

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:34 pm UTC

Bah, think I'm suspicious. Can't change my gut.
Also, speaking of gut feelings, I think martin miiiight be the remaining mafia B member. But that's just a gut feeling, doesn't mean much.
'sides, didn't we establish that voting B is bad? It involved math, or something.

Return to “Mafia”